Randy Lioz Reviews

Randy Lioz 6
Randy Lioz 7

Ryan Bell · Married on 06/23/2019

The Perfect Officiant for our Perfect Day

Randy was exceptionally professional, accommodating, communicative, and helpful. What we loved the most about Randy was how he shaped our ceremony to truly fit our families, heritage, and beliefs. We received a TON of compliments on our ceremony and officiant from our friends and family. If you're looking for an officiant for the most important day of your lives, go with Randy! He'll make your ceremony exactly what you're looking for; whatever that may be.

Sent on 08/11/2019
    Randy Lioz 9
    Randy Lioz 10
  • Christine

Christine Cua · Married on 06/02/2019

Randy is the man

Randy is such a dear! What I loved about Randy is that he put a personal touch to the ceremony. He highlighted us, the couple. He took the time to know us by interviewing us. He even went as far as interviewing a couple of our friends to get a better understanding of our values. Everybody thought the ceremony was very sweet and nice... big thanks to Randy's magic with words. I could not have asked for a better officiant!

Sent on 06/05/2019

Janelle · Married on 05/18/2019

Wedding officiant

Randy did an amazing job as our officiant at our wedding ceremony! My husband and I were hesitant about hiring someone that we didn’t know to officiate our wedding but we couldn’t agree on any of our friends or family to ask. I came across randy on weddingwire and I am so glad I did! He does an amazing job and spoke at our ceremony as if he had known my husband and I for years. He speaks to family and friends before hand and incorporates what they have to say into the ceremony so it feels more personalized. Every person at our ceremony said they laughed and cried. The ceremony was the best part about our day and we have Randy to thank for that!!! He is very flexible and will do his best to make the ceremony however you want it. For my husband and I, we didn’t want a traditional religious ceremony and Randy was able to accommodate that for us. Thank you Randy for everything!!!

Sent on 05/30/2019
  • Robin

Robin Hitchings · Married on 09/30/2018

Randy is an amazing officiant.

Randy was personable, humorous, sentimental, well spoken, professional, open minded, and everything we didn’t even know we wanted in a officiant. We threw Randy a little bit of a curve ball by moving up our wedding day and giving him only 3 weeks to prepare. That being said, Randy was able to put together a ceremony that we will remember for the rest of our lives.
    Leading up to the big day, Randy asked for names and phone numbers of some of our closest family and friends so he could talk to them and get some personal stories and insight from the people who know us best. He went above and beyond planning Skype calls to Australia and Italy to connect with some of our loved ones. After he spoke with them our family called us and said how much they enjoyed talking to him- how he made them feel, somehow, even more excited for the wedding! He took their personal anecdotes and tied them into his speech beautifully making it personal and meaningful.
    Randy also took time to sit and talk with my husband and I to get a sense of what we wanted out of the ceremony. He asked questions about our relationship, our upbringing, our values, and future goals. He allowed us to personalize the ceremony so it was just right for us!
    We are so grateful to Randy for giving us such a memorable, intimate, and perfect wedding ceremony.

Sent on 03/10/2019
    Randy Lioz 11
    Randy Lioz 12
    Randy Lioz 13
    Randy Lioz 14
    Randy Lioz 15

Kelly · Married on 08/25/2018

Thank you for all the effort you put in creating a memorable ceremony and you did it in Spanish. There were some people that thought you were our friend because you talked a lot about us as if you know us really well as a friend. You did an excellent job and you will always be remembered.

Sent on 09/23/2018
  • Y

Yvette · Married on 05/19/2018

★★★★★ just now
    Randy just married my husband an I this past Saturday, and we cant be more elated with his professional and personable approach. From day 1 when I made contact with him he was so attentive. I think when trying to decide on an officiant, so many things run thru your mind, or at least they did thru mine. Unless you are using a family friend, Pastor or Deacon, the officiant is not going to know you and your soon to be spouse on a personal level. You wouldn't have known that from the services Randy performed and the script he wrote for us. You would have thought he had known us years. He took the time to personally meet with us, listen to our beginnings, what was important to us, and even took time to talk with friends and family who cloud give him some in sight of who we were to make our ceremony really about us . Our ceremony was not a generic scripted one, but one that he personally tailored to us. He was always very responsive to all my inquiries, and really made me feel confident in the services he would be providing. He even reached out to me to ask if we wanted any part of some of our ceremony in Spanish! Randy speaks very professionally with utmost confidence and we couldn't have made a better selection. If i could give Randy more than 5 stars, I would!!! We have received so many compliments on his services. The CEREMONY and VOWS are probably the most important memorable part of your wedding day, and we cant thank Randy enough for making ours so PERFECT- Yvette & Richard Aros May 19, 2018

Sent on 05/21/2018

Larissa · Married on 05/09/2018

Randy was fantastic! Although we have only been to a handful of weddings in our lives, we have to say he was by far the best officiant we’ve witnessed. For someone who was a stranger just days before, his level of involvement went far beyond our expectations. Yes, with only 10 days to prepare, Randy took the time to contact various members and friends of our family to get to know the more personal sides of our character and who we are as a couple. He had taken special care to familiarize himself with our values, and learn a little bit about our history as individuals. He went as far as to recite parts of the ceremony in German, Larissa’s mother tongue, and he did quite well! All and all, he lived up to every bit of his end of the deal, and made the day very personal and ever memorable. We were thoroughly impressed, especially by his authenticity and would recommend him to anyone planning to marry!

Sent on 05/30/2018
    Randy Lioz 20
    Randy Lioz 21
    Randy Lioz 22

Gabi · Married on 05/09/2018

Our daughter had to decide very spontaneously on a person to perform her wedding ceremony. Although Randy was just a “pick” out of the internet we were truly impressed.
    To prepare for the service he wasn’t too shy to get in touch with as many family members as possible. Even though I was not able to tell any story about our engaged couple right away his guidance and perceptive way to ask questions made it easy for me to contribute.
    For the wedding ceremony he found the perfect mixture of truth, sensitivity and sympathy when he talked about our couple’s characters and their history. His speech was neither understated nor overdone but genuine.
    Our daughter is German and as a highlight Randy repeated the main part of the ceremony in German without having been asked for that. This was such a nice personalized gesture and a good example for his efforts to make this occasion so very special for us.
    I also got the impression that he has known our couple for years already.
    What better can you expect?

Sent on 06/14/2018

Randy Lioz's reply:

Gabi, thanks so much for this incredible review! It was truly a pleasure to meet you and the entire wedding party, and I was so glad to make Larissa and Justin's day special!

Luis · Married on 07/15/2017

My wife and I wanted to have a wedding vow renewal ceremony, just us on the Newport Beach Pier. We found Randy online. He was very responsive and very flexible with the time and location. We loved how he also interviews 2 people of your choosing in order to get a better sense of you as a couple. He also customized the ceremony based on our liking. Great to work with, would definitely reach out to him again if we ever renew our vows again in Southern California.

Sent on 08/15/2018

Anthony · Married on 09/17/2016

Randy was awesome!! He’s been a good friend for a long time and to have him as an officiant was the icing on the cake. Randy took his duties very seriously. We had several phone calls with him, because we live in MI and Randy in CA, to discuss how we wanted our services to proceed. Yes, Randy performed two for us on the same day. He presented himself in a very professional manner and was very respectful of all of those that were in attendance. I believe that whom ever should choose Randy as their officiant would very happy with his work!

Sent on 04/04/2018

Daniel · Married on 09/04/2016

We rented Randy's badass Porsche Speedster replica. Some of our best wedding photos were with that sexy getaway car! Oh yeah, and Randy's pretty cool too. :)

Sent on 03/21/2018
    Randy Lioz 23
  • Adriana

Adriana Srsen · Married on 08/03/2019

Wedding Officiant

Randy was the officiant for our wedding. Honestly, the ceremony was my favorite part of the whole wedding!! We met up for coffee to meet randy and he asked us some very intense questions about our relationship. He also got in contact with my mom and best friend to get to know us more as a couple. He sent me a draft of what our ceremony would look like and he corrected a few things that I wanted changed. Our ceremony truly reflected who were were as a couple and I got so many compliments on our officiant and how full of love our ceremony was. Would completely recommend Randy!! Thanks again Randy!

Sent on 08/09/2019
    Randy Lioz 24
    Randy Lioz 25
    Randy Lioz 26
    Randy Lioz 27
  • Julie

Julie Morgan · Married on 07/21/2019

Randy's a pretty cool guy

Randy was easy to work with. It was nice that he incorporated our friends and family into our ceremony. He took the time to understand our values and backgrounds. He was also great at accommodating us for a bilingual (Spanish/English) ceremony.

Sent on 08/17/2019
    Randy Lioz 28
    Randy Lioz 29
  • Fernando

Fernando Rincon Jr · Married on 08/25/2019

Disappointing Experience

This review is based on my personal experience with Randy. Earlier this year on April 14, 2019 we spoke on the phone regarding his experience as a wedding officiant. From our initial conversation Randy seemed to be an attentive, detailed oriented and proactive wedding officiant ready to service our wedding needs. So after speaking with him for about 30 minutes my then fiancee (now wife) and I decided to hire him because of his "professional demeanor" and Spanish speaking abilities; since we wanted to have our wedding ceremony done in Spanish. Later that week we signed his service agreement and paid him in full ($490). After we paid him on April 26, 2019 we never heard from him... I had to reach out to him via email and phone a month before my wedding. Which was approximately 4 months after we had paid Randy in full. His response to both my phone call and email were unprofessional. Initially when I called him he answered with an irritated and rude tone. I told him it was me "his client" and he responded with "Yes, whats up?"... Normally when you pay someone $490 for a service you expect to receive a warm response instead of a cold and rude follow up question such as "Yes, whats up?"... I responded back asking Randy if we could meet up and prepare for the wedding ceremony. His response was "I am currently working with other clients"... Again, I had already paid him in full at this point which technically made me one of his clients. After that I realized the expectations I had of Randy which were based on his compelling initial phone call discussion and all his "excellent" reviews are false. So as a result of Randy's lack of communication skills and unprofessional business acumen I emailed him for a full refund. However his response was of course full of technicalities. For example, Randy justified keeping $171.50 of my refund because he wrote my name on his calendar and "reserved" my wedding date. Even though we never met in person nor did he really do anything at all... I highly discourage anyone from hiring Randy.

Sent on 09/04/2019

Randy Lioz's reply:

Fernando, I'm very disappointed that you felt you had a such a bad experience. I certainly didn't intend to treat you poorly, but I did sense that there was a misalignment of your expectations from the very beginning. For example, I explained to you that I would reach out to you 1 month before the wedding to do my full process, but about a month and a half out you emailed me, "My wedding is next month and I have not heard from you. What is the next step?" So I responded, "I usually reach out about a month ahead of time. I’m currently working on other weddings, but would be happy to set up a time for us to get together later this month." I guess this felt like a further slight to you, which certainly wasn't intended. When you asked me to issue a refund, I mentioned that I'd refund everything but the deposit, as stated in the contract, and even offered to return the deposit to you if I were able to book another wedding for that date, and I also asked if you wanted to discuss it further. If you didn't think it was fair, we could have talked about it. I'm sorry that we weren't a good fit, but I don't think anything about the way I dealt with you was disingenuous.

For the sake of full transparency, I'd like to offer to anyone reading this that has doubts about me to share the email thread between us, with your email address removed. Please let me know if there's any reason you would object to that. Thanks.