MKM Photography Reviews

29 | Durham, NC

29 Reviews for MKM Photography

29 MKM Photography Reviews

S · Getting married on 11/10/2018

Working with MKM Photography was a blast! I really wish they were available for our wedding! Our engagement photos were amazing! They amazing results well worth it!

Sent on 05/05/2018
    MKM Photography 11

MKM Photography's reply:

Thank you so much! Wish we were available for you, too! Y'all were a blast! :-)

Callie · Married on 06/23/2018

My husband and I absolutely loved working with Kate and Mike for our engagement & wedding photos! Kate was extremely responsive and helpful throughout the planning process, and she met with us/walked us through every detail we needed to sort out for photography. She also gave advice on other wedding issues, which I really appreciated. Kate and Mike are also so fun to shoot with. Part of the reason my husband and I picked them is because of their laid-back vibes, and you can totally tell they set the fun/chill mood in our photos (super important when you're super anxious/camera shy). We hope we can work with them again in the future!

Sent on 09/06/2018

MKM Photography's reply:

Thanks so much, Callie! Can barely even tell it was ~90° in your wedding photos for how cool y'all look! We loved working with you guys, too—congrats again! :-)

Jessica · Married on 05/06/2018

I absolutely adored working with Kate and Mike! As someone who does not take very photogenic photographs generally speaking, I was nervous about how the engagement and wedding photos would turn out because I don't like having my picture taken, but Kate really put me at ease. She was so friendly, funny, and personable that everything was a breeze and came out looking fantastic! She was so organized and knew all the right questions to ask. I love the style and composition of the photographs and the colors just pop so brilliantly. We received the previews and the photographs back so quickly as well! I can't recommend them enough!

Sent on 07/11/2018

MKM Photography's reply:

Thanks so much, Jessica! You & Eric were awesome, and we are so grateful to have had the opportunity to work with y'all!

Melanie · Married on 03/24/2018

Kate is amazing, we couldn’t be any happier with our elopement pictures!!!

Sent on 04/05/2018

MKM Photography's reply:

Thanks, Melanie! You guys rock! Wishing you all the best! :-)

Jessica · Married on 12/30/2017

Kate at MKM Photography was incredible to work with! From the moment my then fiance and I met with Kate as a potential vendor we were hooked! She was down to earth, open and honest, and very interested to hear our likes and dislikes regarding our wedding photography. I was hesitant to have engagement photos and saw them as not necessary and I was SO happy Kate convinced us otherwise. Not only were our engagement photos STUNNING but the shooting time made us so comfortable with Kate and so excited to work with her and Michael for our wedding day. One of my favorite things that they took time to do was ask if there was anything we didn't like from our engagement shoot so they could keep it in mind for our wedding - it was thoughtful and appreciated! Our wedding party and families were all super fans of Kate & Michael by the end of the night - we couldn't recommend them more for wedding photography!

Sent on 04/26/2018

MKM Photography's reply:

Thanks so much for your kind words, Jess! So, so grateful for the opportunity to work with you guys--y'all were an incredible joy, and everything about your wedding was so beautiful. Congrats & love!

Rachel · Married on 07/22/2017

My husband and I wanted wedding photographers that were a couple duo so we could have that more coverage of our big day. What we didn’t know at the time of booking Kate and her husband was the amount of detail, time and energy they would put into making our special day the best day. From Skype meetings, to planning meetings in person over coffee, they really took the time to get to know me and my husband’s style of how we wanted things. What makes them over the top awesome, is the amount of effort they went through to making sure our album was exactly what we wanted. I would highly recommend Kate and Mike to help you capture the best moments of your biggest life events!

MKM Photography 12
    MKM Photography 13

Jessica · Married on 04/01/2017

Oh my gosh we loved MKM Photography! Kate and Michael are both awesome. They were easy to talk to and helped everyone feel relaxed while we were taking our family & wedding party photos. Neither of us (my husband or I) are comfortable in super formal situations, and they helped us loosen up and be ourselves. They got great shots of our guests during the reception and their photos really captured the feelings of the day! They are super responsive and flexible, and made everything so easy.

Kevin · Married on 03/25/2017

We can't thank MKM enough for all the beautiful photos from our engagement session and our wedding. They did an awesome job and were super professional and awesome people! You will not be disappointed if you hire them! Thank you guys!

Danielle · Married on 10/29/2016

A year and a half ago, when we were in the infancy stages of planning our wedding, we shopped around for the right photographer. Considering that both of us were both living in NYC for over a decade, we still held onto our hip and trendy ideals. We both knew what we were looking for, but hadn’t quite found it yet. All of the other photographers we met were either too conservative or lacking a certain quality that made them stand out. Then, we met Kate Marchetto of MKM Photography. She immediately clicked with us, and always had a smile on her face. She asked the right questions and before too long, she knew what we were going for. We also trusted her expertise in getting the “right” shots. She’s very personable, professional, and knows what to look for at a wedding to get the memorable shots. She processes what she captures so that the best lighting, color, and energy comes alive in every single photograph. We would definitely recommend her to anyone about to tie the knot!

Casey · Married on 10/16/2016

Kate and Mike fitted us perfectly! Such a fun couple who were able to get great pics from a couple like my husband and myself. Kate is so experienced and was able to offer some great suggestions for this first-time bride!

Ashley · Married on 10/15/2016

Kate and Michael are hands down the best. Not only are they amazing photographers, but they are genuinely incredible people. We met Kate and Michael at a bridal show and, after a one-on-one consultation, instantly knew they had to be our wedding photographers. They are, to put it simply, our type of people. Extremely personable, hilarious, and absolutely brilliant. Kate is super prompt with everything - like scary prompt. She had previews for both the engagement shoot and the wedding ready within days. DAYS!! Working with them was super easy - any questions we had or miscellaneous thoughts that came up along the way, Kate was able to answer immediately. Kate really knows what she's doing, which is extremely helpful for the overwhelmed bride who just wants wedding photos that look straight off of Pinterest. Our wedding photos turned out amazing and are considered some of the best photos among our friends and family (humble brag). So seriously, check MKM Photography. Now!

Kate · Married on 10/08/2016

Kate was absolutely amazing!! She worked so well around our crazy schedules seeing as both my husband and I work retail and had some crazy issues pop up! She is so friendly and the absolute best! I didn't get the chance to work with Mike, but when we did meet he was excellent as well. I loved all the options they gave us throughout the entire planning and wedding process!

• Rebecca

Rebecca · Married on 10/01/2016

I cannot say enough good things about Kate! With so many photographers to choose from, for me it came down to personality, and Kate has one that perfectly meshed with me and my husband's sarcastic cheeky sense of humor. We knew we had made the right decision after our engagement shoot in the American Tobacco area with her. We not only came away with fantastic photos of the two of us, Kate made it a pleasurable experience and made us feel relaxed. Even through having her wonderful bundle of joy, Kate maintained connection with us to schedule bridal photos and confirm details for the wedding day. Each and ever single one of our photos from our wedding day is perfect- our friends and family cannot find a bad photo in the bunch, and look as if they came out of a magazine. With the added bonus of having her husband Mike along for the wedding day, they were able to be everywhere they needed to be and capture all moments from getting ready to dancing the night away. Kate was more like a friend than a hired professional and we are truly grateful to have had her and her husband be a part of our wedding. We received photos back promptly within the designated time frame and did not have any issues scheduling meeting with Kate when needed. Photographs are what keep the memory of your wedding day alive- with Kate's photos on our walls we will relive that day everyday.

Aubrey · Married on 10/03/2015

Kate and Mike are the best. Hire them yesterday. I'm biased because I like them as people and they're now friends, but they really are wonderful. Kate took fantastic engagement pictures of us, and really helped make my husband feel comfortable in front of the camera and be more ready for our wedding day. The pictures are so lovely and really feel like us - not some staged stuff, but really nice pictures of us being us. We got married this weekend and even though it was cold and rainy and generally gross, Kate and Mike got some really fantastic pictures that make me so happy and really reflect the joy of the day. They put us at ease and made us feel really comfortable. Kate also did a really solid job of managing my big family and making sure people knew what to do and where! She got previews out to us really fast, which was so nice to see the next day. I really just can't say enough good things about Kate and Mike and and so thankful I found them.

Chelsea · Married on 09/06/2015

I was pregnant at my wedding which made me tired and double stressed, so I wasn't much help as far as direction. Kate and her husband were FABULOUS. They were so helpful and intuitive as far as what pictures I would want after all was said and done. I have seen many wedding photos and I must say mine are BY FAR the best. I get so many compliments on my photos. Kate and her husband are helpful, patient, and talented. Kate also did my boudoir shoot which was equally amazing. I was nervous at first because I had never done one before and she did a great job making me feel comfortable and getting great photos.

Nora · Married on 08/15/2015

I met these two wonderful people at the bridal show and knew immediately that I wanted them to be our photographer. They greeted me with a high five and a healthy dose of sarcasm and I ended up hunting them down at the end of the bridal show to make sure I had their information on top. They are such fun people that they can make the poses and photo shoots fun for people who hate having their picture taken - aka my groom. They even helped work around our budget! Kate worked with us and another photographer to fill our needs and she was absolutely phenomenal. Our engagement shoot was painless and the wedding was as well. I would highly recommend MKM to anyone and everyone!

breana · Married on 05/01/2015

After meeting Kate at a wedding event I knew it was photographer love at first sight!! She was so enthusiastic and interested in my wedding that I knew I had to have her! She was so flexible in working with my crazy schedule when we had to meet and also do engagement photos. Our engagement pictures came out FANTASTIC and I CANNOT wait for our wedding pictures!!! she posted a few sneak peaks the next day and from what I saw so far I can tell the rest are going to be absolutely beautiful!! Kate and her husband Mike are an amazing team (and an absolutely adorable couple!) and worked so well on our wedding day. Kate made sure to get all the pictures I wanted and was so efficient in getting all of our pictures done in a timely manner on our wedding day since everything is on a time crunch the day of the wedding. Also for the price of 2 photographers you cant beat it! You wont regret hiring Kate and Mike!

sara · Married on 04/11/2015

OH MY GOSH! I picked Kate and Mike before I had a venue or a date or anything. I knew at once I wanted them to be my photographers, and my gut was SO RIGHT!! I was even starting out my engagement on a weird footing by making the decision without my fiance. Later when he found out they were "real" hockey fans, he was fine. Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, at and after the wedding could not stop talking about how amazing my photographers were. I loved absolutely everything about them. Our engagement session was so fun and relaxed. My boudoir and bridal portraits were extremely comfortable and easy to do. I had the best time smiling and making a "sassy" face for the pictures. I would highly recommend. I definitely paid for a photographer, ended up with something worth so much more than what I paid, and then gained some friends. I super love them. Get them. They are totes fab.

Meghan · Married on 01/31/2015

Kate and Mike were an absolute dream to work with! Our photos were amazing and we are so glad to have found them! They were able to capture the little moments and details that we will now be able to cherish for a lifetime. With 2 different shooting styles, they compliment many different tastes, giving us a wide range of photos that both my husband and I enjoy. We couldn't be happier with our choice in photographer and will definitely be using them again in the future! I highly recommend them to all of my newly engaged friends!

Christina · Married on 11/08/2014

Kate and Mike were AWESOME!!!!! They stuck with me and my husband through many things, including a surprise pregnancy. After finding out I was 6 months pregnant 6 months before the wedding, they allowed me to change my Bridal session to after the wedding and included our daughter. We could not have asked for a better and more flexible photographers than Kate and Mike. They wanted to know exactly what kind of Wedding we were having and asked for input through social networking to help them understand what we were looking for in pictures. They really made it customized to our liking. Kate and Mike kept us laughing and cutting up all throughout the Engagement, Wedding, and Bridal pictures. From the time we met them to the end of the Bridal Session, it was almost as if we were taking pictures with friends! Like I said, THEY ARE AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't say enough good things about MKM Photography. I would recommend them to anyone who wants to have photographers who care about you and what you want for your wedding, not just a client.

B · Married on 10/17/2014

Kate is a dream to work with and she captures those moments you want to have forever. When we met, I told her our budget and what we were looking for. She showed us some of her work and was so easy to talk to and work with that we said "Yes" to Kate immediately. She takes breathtaking shots that you will be blown away with the end result. We have such a variety of pictures that I can't tell you which is my favorite, they all are! She is a lot of fun and has a great personality and fit right in with our group. She made our day so special and now we have those memories forever!

Melissa · Married on 10/11/2014

Kate and her husband are the best you could ask for! We will definitely use her again for anything we might need!

Jeanine · Married on 08/23/2014

We were referred to Kate and Mike by Gretchen Garrett from Red bird Events. Each time we met with Kate, she was super organized and enthusiastic. It was very evident they wanted to get to know us as a couple and wanted really understand our photography wants. Kate and Mike did a fantastic job photographing our wedding celebration! We had expressed the desire to have mostly candid shots with each other and our friends and family and MKM nailed it. We have so many amazing photos to remember our day! We highly recommend MKM Photography...Kate and Mike are not only wonderful photographers, they are incredibly nice people as well. We are looking forward to hiring them to photograph our family in the future! Jeanine Gunther and Leslie Adams

Nina · Married on 05/24/2014

We met these two at a wedding show in Raleigh and after a brief conversation we could tell Kate and Mike were the photographers for us. We used them for both our engagement session and the wedding. They were absolutely fantastic in all regards, but a few key things were especially great for us. Firstly, they provided all the professionalism needed without the heavy-handed seriousness some photographers have as they're lighthearted and fun folks. Their enthusiasm is just the right amount, and is completely genuine. Kate is always very quick to respond on the communication front and the turn-around on photos is good. A very key thing is that they provide photos without their watermark for personal use. There's more, but hey, this is just an online review, go check them out for yourself!