MKM Photography Reviews

38 | Durham, NC

38 Reviews for MKM Photography

Sarah Smith · Getting married on 01/04/2022

Professional, thoughtful, fun, talented!!

Kate was so wonderful to work with for my boudoir photos! She was prompt in scheduling and emailing prior to the shoot, she was able to answer all of my questions / hesitations about doing boudoir as a wedding gift for my fiance. When I showed up to the airbnb I chose, she was already set up with ideas, lighting, and had even warmed up the house so I wouldn't be cold!! So thoughtful. She coached me through everything and made me feel comfortable throughout the hours she spent making sure we got a good variety of shots. The photos came out better than I would have ever expected and I can't wait to give this gift to my future husband! 10/10 would recommend!!

Sent on 01/11/2020

MKM Photography's reply:

Thanks so much, Sarah! You made my job so easy! :-D I know your fiancé is going to LOVE the images—I'm super happy with what we were able to come up with together!

Natasha Depalma · Married on 02/16/2020

Spectacular wedding pictures & a wonderful team!

Outgoing, fun, professional, and free spirited! MKM Photography captured our wedding day perfectly, and our pictures are spectacular!! :)

Sent on 03/18/2020

MKM Photography's reply:

Thank you so much, Natasha, we really appreciate it! Had a lot of fun with you & Jim and wish you all the best! :-)

Blythe Carter · Married on 10/05/2019

Kate and Mike are the best!

Kate and Mike were a joy on our wedding day. They were discrete during our ceremony, were super efficient during our family portraits, and took very fun shots at our reception. Kate was incredibly organized and responsive in the months leading up to our wedding and was understanding and flexible to any schedule adjustments we needed to make. And, most importantly, the photos turned out amazing. I would highly recommend her and her husband for any of your wedding photo or family portraiture needs. We are so happy that we chose to work with them.

Sent on 12/29/2019

MKM Photography's reply:

Thank you so much, Blythe--this makes my heart so happy. You & Eric were such a joy and made our job so easy!

Mina · Married on 09/07/2019

Incredible!

Having MKM Photography as our wedding photographer was one of the BEST decisions we made for our wedding! We cannot fully express how wonderful our experience was with MKM Photography. From our engagement session to the wedding and even afterwards, Kate was a true joy to work with. Kate took so much stress out of the day by helping us organize and prioritize the day. Kate also provided multiple helpful recommendations and a ‘timeline’ for our wedding day, which our entire wedding party and our wedding vendors found extremely valuable! The work Kate did for our engagement session and our wedding was spectacular! On the day of wedding, the level of detail Kate and Jessica showed to capture shots was amazing. We found Kate to be very personable, attentive, passionate, fun, and extremely talented photographer. With her seasoned talent, Kate goes above and beyond to create the best memory for many couples, which explains MKM’s 5-star reviews all the way! Kate, we cannot thank you enough for all your time and effort into making our special day. You are AWESOME!!

If you want the best photos to remember every moment of your special day and wish to absolutely enjoy your event planning process with seasoned, chic photographers, we highly recommend MKM Photography!

Sent on 10/30/2019

MKM Photography's reply:

Thank you SO MUCH, Mina! This just makes my day to hear. You and Jay were such a delight to work with, and your joy and happiness made my job so easy! Lots of love!
  • Jean-Paul

Jean-Paul Willynck · Married on 06/01/2019

Made it all so easy and pictures looked amazing!

Kate was absolutely amazing to work with! Organizing a wedding across the country is never easy but when you add in the additional anxiety of being a same-sex couple, the task becomes that much harder. Kate however made the whole experience a true delight. She was extremely responsive via email, made herself available to talk over Skype, and met with us in-person to go over final details less than a week before our wedding. Day of, her and her husband Mike worked their magic, cat herding our family together for various photos; then just simply being part of the party taking all the photos. Their photos really captured our special day so beautifully and we are so thrilled we had the chance to work with them. 100%, would recommend!

Sent on 08/01/2019

MKM Photography's reply:

Thank you so much, Jean-Paul! I would argue that you & Jesse are the ones who made it easy, with all your cuteness and sweetness! We're so thrilled to have been a part of your incredible wedding day!
  • Lindsey

Lindsey · Married on 05/26/2019

AMAZING photographers!

We are absolutely thrilled with the photos Kate and Mike captured of our wedding day. From the beginning, Kate was proactive in being sure that she knew exactly what we wanted from our photos. She was responsive to our questions and super easy to communicate with. She was also so flexible and understanding of our wedding date change (to which we owe her and Mike a huge thanks)!

We received a beautiful array of photos, a perfect mix of portraiture and candid shots. Mike and Kate are a dream duo, capturing the same moment from different angles (the shots of our ceremony are especially wonderful for this reason). The photos are also tastefully edited, not at all over-processed but rather remaining authentic to our memory of the day.

On top of all that, we received photos back less than a month after our wedding (and in the middle of wedding season, to boot!). Mike and Kate's down-to-earth vibes made them a pleasure to be around and we feel so fortunate they were able to photograph our wedding. We highly recommend!

Sent on 06/23/2019

MKM Photography's reply:

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Lindsey! It was such a pleasure to photograph you & John and your perfectly sweet, intimate celebration. We wish you both a lifetime of happiness and joy! XOXO

Ashley · Married on 05/04/2019

Absolutely awesome

Kate is fantastic. Obviously her portfolio speaks for itself but we were looking for a photographer with a great personality to get the best pics out of us, and we found that in Kate! She and Michael are a great team and everyone in our wedding enjoyed working with them. She’s also super responsive, stays on top of schedule, and is respectful of all guests and all backgrounds. We highly recommend!!

Sent on 05/05/2019

MKM Photography's reply:

Thank you so much, Ashley! You guys were a delight to work with, and everything about your wedding was beautiful! :-D
  • Emily

Emily Giangrande Freeman · Married on 03/30/2019

Beautiful Photos to remember a beautiful day!

When I first met Kate and Mike at a wedding show I knew they were the perfect photographers for us! We had our engagement, my bridals, and our wedding shot with Kate and Mike and the photos are so perfect! I especially love Kate's attention to detail, she captured all of the small moments and details I wanted to remember. Thank you both for capturing our perfect day so beautifully!

Sent on 07/15/2019

MKM Photography's reply:

Emily! Thank you so much for your kind words! You two were a complete and utter pleasure to work with!

S · Married on 11/10/2018

Working with MKM Photography was a blast! I really wish they were available for our wedding! Our engagement photos were amazing! They amazing results well worth it!

Sent on 05/05/2018

MKM Photography's reply:

Thank you so much! Wish we were available for you, too! Y'all were a blast! :-)
  • Brittany

Brittany · Married on 10/13/2018

Beautiful Fall Wedding

Let me just start by saying Kate is an absolute joy to work with! She's funny, down to earth, and super sweet! She did our engagement photos which turned out beautifully and our wedding photos were even more gorgeous! She was very responsive and answered any questions I had and made recommendations in areas where I wasn't sure what exactly I wanted yet. She was able to manage our crazy families for family photos and got great shots of our kiddos too! Her husband Mike got some really incredible shots as well and was great at getting the guys together for some shots with the groom. I would absolutely recommend this dynamic duo to anyone in search of photographers for wedding/engagement/family/anything!!!

Sent on 12/15/2018

MKM Photography's reply:

Thank you so, so much Brittany! Your wedding day was an absolute dream to photograph, and we loved working with you guys!

Callie · Married on 06/23/2018

My husband and I absolutely loved working with Kate and Mike for our engagement & wedding photos! Kate was extremely responsive and helpful throughout the planning process, and she met with us/walked us through every detail we needed to sort out for photography. She also gave advice on other wedding issues, which I really appreciated. Kate and Mike are also so fun to shoot with. Part of the reason my husband and I picked them is because of their laid-back vibes, and you can totally tell they set the fun/chill mood in our photos (super important when you're super anxious/camera shy). We hope we can work with them again in the future!

Sent on 09/06/2018

MKM Photography's reply:

Thanks so much, Callie! Can barely even tell it was ~90° in your wedding photos for how cool y'all look! We loved working with you guys, too—congrats again! :-)

Jessica · Married on 05/06/2018

I absolutely adored working with Kate and Mike! As someone who does not take very photogenic photographs generally speaking, I was nervous about how the engagement and wedding photos would turn out because I don't like having my picture taken, but Kate really put me at ease. She was so friendly, funny, and personable that everything was a breeze and came out looking fantastic! She was so organized and knew all the right questions to ask. I love the style and composition of the photographs and the colors just pop so brilliantly. We received the previews and the photographs back so quickly as well! I can't recommend them enough!

Sent on 07/11/2018

MKM Photography's reply:

Thanks so much, Jessica! You & Eric were awesome, and we are so grateful to have had the opportunity to work with y'all!

Melanie · Married on 03/24/2018

Kate is amazing, we couldn’t be any happier with our elopement pictures!!!

Sent on 04/05/2018

MKM Photography's reply:

Thanks, Melanie! You guys rock! Wishing you all the best! :-)

Jessica · Married on 12/30/2017

Kate at MKM Photography was incredible to work with! From the moment my then fiance and I met with Kate as a potential vendor we were hooked! She was down to earth, open and honest, and very interested to hear our likes and dislikes regarding our wedding photography. I was hesitant to have engagement photos and saw them as not necessary and I was SO happy Kate convinced us otherwise. Not only were our engagement photos STUNNING but the shooting time made us so comfortable with Kate and so excited to work with her and Michael for our wedding day. One of my favorite things that they took time to do was ask if there was anything we didn't like from our engagement shoot so they could keep it in mind for our wedding - it was thoughtful and appreciated! Our wedding party and families were all super fans of Kate & Michael by the end of the night - we couldn't recommend them more for wedding photography!

Sent on 04/26/2018

MKM Photography's reply:

Thanks so much for your kind words, Jess! So, so grateful for the opportunity to work with you guys--y'all were an incredible joy, and everything about your wedding was so beautiful. Congrats & love!
  • Mallory

Mallory · Married on 09/02/2017

My husband and I LOVED working with Kate and Michael. Kate was such a gem for me, because I was an out of town bride and wasnt familiar with the Triangle AT ALL and she answered all of my texts and questions (even when they weren't photography related!!) So graciously and very quickly, even early in the morning and often late at night (sorry Kate!!). And not only that, but the puctures came out BEAUTIFULLY. I love their casual style, even all the posed pictures were made to feel natural and fun. And the candids. This couple can capture a special moment anywhere, and all of my guests loved the dancing shots. These two were certainly my favorite to work with and I looked forward to every meeting and shoot with them!

Sent on 12/16/2017

Rachel · Married on 07/22/2017

My husband and I wanted wedding photographers that were a couple duo so we could have that more coverage of our big day. What we didn’t know at the time of booking Kate and her husband was the amount of detail, time and energy they would put into making our special day the best day. From Skype meetings, to planning meetings in person over coffee, they really took the time to get to know me and my husband’s style of how we wanted things. What makes them over the top awesome, is the amount of effort they went through to making sure our album was exactly what we wanted. I would highly recommend Kate and Mike to help you capture the best moments of your biggest life events!

Sent on 12/17/2017

Jessica · Married on 04/01/2017

Oh my gosh we loved MKM Photography! Kate and Michael are both awesome. They were easy to talk to and helped everyone feel relaxed while we were taking our family & wedding party photos. Neither of us (my husband or I) are comfortable in super formal situations, and they helped us loosen up and be ourselves. They got great shots of our guests during the reception and their photos really captured the feelings of the day! They are super responsive and flexible, and made everything so easy.

Sent on 04/10/2017

Kevin · Married on 03/25/2017

We can't thank MKM enough for all the beautiful photos from our engagement session and our wedding. They did an awesome job and were super professional and awesome people! You will not be disappointed if you hire them! Thank you guys!

Sent on 05/08/2017

Danielle · Married on 10/29/2016

A year and a half ago, when we were in the infancy stages of planning our wedding, we shopped around for the right photographer. Considering that both of us were both living in NYC for over a decade, we still held onto our hip and trendy ideals. We both knew what we were looking for, but hadn’t quite found it yet. All of the other photographers we met were either too conservative or lacking a certain quality that made them stand out. Then, we met Kate Marchetto of MKM Photography. She immediately clicked with us, and always had a smile on her face. She asked the right questions and before too long, she knew what we were going for. We also trusted her expertise in getting the “right” shots. She’s very personable, professional, and knows what to look for at a wedding to get the memorable shots. She processes what she captures so that the best lighting, color, and energy comes alive in every single photograph. We would definitely recommend her to anyone about to tie the knot!

Sent on 12/03/2016

Casey · Married on 10/16/2016

Kate and Mike fitted us perfectly! Such a fun couple who were able to get great pics from a couple like my husband and myself. Kate is so experienced and was able to offer some great suggestions for this first-time bride!

Sent on 02/27/2017

Ashley · Married on 10/15/2016

Kate and Michael are hands down the best. Not only are they amazing photographers, but they are genuinely incredible people. We met Kate and Michael at a bridal show and, after a one-on-one consultation, instantly knew they had to be our wedding photographers. They are, to put it simply, our type of people. Extremely personable, hilarious, and absolutely brilliant. Kate is super prompt with everything - like scary prompt. She had previews for both the engagement shoot and the wedding ready within days. DAYS!! Working with them was super easy - any questions we had or miscellaneous thoughts that came up along the way, Kate was able to answer immediately. Kate really knows what she's doing, which is extremely helpful for the overwhelmed bride who just wants wedding photos that look straight off of Pinterest. Our wedding photos turned out amazing and are considered some of the best photos among our friends and family (humble brag). So seriously, check MKM Photography. Now!

Sent on 01/03/2017

Kate · Married on 10/08/2016

Kate was absolutely amazing!! She worked so well around our crazy schedules seeing as both my husband and I work retail and had some crazy issues pop up! She is so friendly and the absolute best! I didn't get the chance to work with Mike, but when we did meet he was excellent as well. I loved all the options they gave us throughout the entire planning and wedding process!

Sent on 02/27/2017
  • Rebecca

Rebecca · Married on 10/01/2016

I cannot say enough good things about Kate! With so many photographers to choose from, for me it came down to personality, and Kate has one that perfectly meshed with me and my husband's sarcastic cheeky sense of humor. We knew we had made the right decision after our engagement shoot in the American Tobacco area with her. We not only came away with fantastic photos of the two of us, Kate made it a pleasurable experience and made us feel relaxed. Even through having her wonderful bundle of joy, Kate maintained connection with us to schedule bridal photos and confirm details for the wedding day. Each and ever single one of our photos from our wedding day is perfect- our friends and family cannot find a bad photo in the bunch, and look as if they came out of a magazine. With the added bonus of having her husband Mike along for the wedding day, they were able to be everywhere they needed to be and capture all moments from getting ready to dancing the night away. Kate was more like a friend than a hired professional and we are truly grateful to have had her and her husband be a part of our wedding. We received photos back promptly within the designated time frame and did not have any issues scheduling meeting with Kate when needed. Photographs are what keep the memory of your wedding day alive- with Kate's photos on our walls we will relive that day everyday.

Sent on 03/15/2017

Aubrey · Married on 10/03/2015

Kate and Mike are the best. Hire them yesterday. I'm biased because I like them as people and they're now friends, but they really are wonderful. Kate took fantastic engagement pictures of us, and really helped make my husband feel comfortable in front of the camera and be more ready for our wedding day. The pictures are so lovely and really feel like us - not some staged stuff, but really nice pictures of us being us. We got married this weekend and even though it was cold and rainy and generally gross, Kate and Mike got some really fantastic pictures that make me so happy and really reflect the joy of the day. They put us at ease and made us feel really comfortable. Kate also did a really solid job of managing my big family and making sure people knew what to do and where! She got previews out to us really fast, which was so nice to see the next day. I really just can't say enough good things about Kate and Mike and and so thankful I found them.

Sent on 10/06/2015

Chelsea · Married on 09/06/2015

I was pregnant at my wedding which made me tired and double stressed, so I wasn't much help as far as direction. Kate and her husband were FABULOUS. They were so helpful and intuitive as far as what pictures I would want after all was said and done. I have seen many wedding photos and I must say mine are BY FAR the best. I get so many compliments on my photos. Kate and her husband are helpful, patient, and talented. Kate also did my boudoir shoot which was equally amazing. I was nervous at first because I had never done one before and she did a great job making me feel comfortable and getting great photos.

Sent on 11/10/2015