middle of the island catering co Reviews

233 | Wrightsville Beach, NC

233 Reviews for middle of the island catering co

Jennifer · Married on 12/01/2018

So easy to work with and amazing!

CM was so responsive and answered all my questions so fast! MOI is so very easy to work with and the guests would not stop talking about how good the food was!! They provided everything we needed and it was stress free. I highly recommend!!

• Ryan

Ryan · Married on 12/01/2018

Outstanding Service and Food

The food and the service was outstanding. We hired MOI for our rehearsal dinner as well dinner for the wedding day. The rehearsal dinner was a taco bar and the staff went above and beyond. They helped our grandparents get from the buffet line to their table with their food and made sure to keep checking on them. On our wedding day they made our plates and served them to us and really looked out for us the entire time they were there. The food both nights was delicious.

Kayla · Married on 11/02/2018

Excellent food and service

Middle of the Island was perfect for our wedding day! They were so helpful in creating the buffet we were looking for and their service was so professional and the food was amazing! I even had several waiters/waitresses coming up to me with appetizers making sure that I was eating during cocktail hour! That was truly a special touch! They do not sign contracts or even ask for a deposit which worried me a bit, but their reviews were so great I chose them anyways and was so glad we did! If you are getting married or having an event in Wilmington area definitely choose MOI for your catering services! Thank you so much for making our day so special!

• Amanda

Amanda · Married on 10/21/2018

Amazing food, amazing price

MOI was recommended to us for our wedding day by ALL locals. I planned my wedding from Charlotte, NC and I was thrilled to have had them as our caterer. CM was great to work with and accommodated us for a complimentary tasting...we also tried like 10 different foods!!!! We had the Southern Buffet and MOI did not disappoint. Our guest loved it and still talk about how amazing the food was. I would definitely recommend MOI not only for quality but also for their reasonable prices!

• Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 10/20/2018

Mr. & Mrs. Smith

MOI had amazing food! We picked the southern buffet and they had so many options for meats and sides to choose from at a super reasonable price! They were easy to work with, really laid back, friendly staff... don’t require a deposit which freaked me out at first and they don’t want numbers or payments until the week before. Also freaked me out but in the end they are THAT GOOD!! Highly recommend!!

• Kayla

Kayla Paul · Married on 10/20/2018

Delicious food an wonderful service

MOI was awesome! So attentive and SO delicious!

• Sydney

Sydney · Married on 10/19/2018

No one compares to MOI!

I’ve been to multiple weddings where MOI catered, so when I was wedding planning I knew without a doubt who I was picking. I did research anyway and you really do get the best bang for your buck. I received lots of compliments on the night of. They even prepackaged plates for us to enjoy after the wedding. There squash casserole is also out of this world.

Andrea · Married on 09/07/2018

Middle of the Island was so easy and professional to work with! Everyone talked about how delicious the food was and how great the service was. I will forever be grateful for everything they did for our wedding and rehearsal dinner!

Chelsi · Married on 09/05/2018

I can’t say enough good things about our experience! From the phone conversations to the actual day they were so helpful! At the wedding I couldn’t have asked for anything more, I feel like the service was really above and beyond! And the food was ammmaaazzinnngg!!!!! The taco bar was the best ever!

Anna · Married on 09/01/2018

AMAZING, AMAZING, AMAZING!!!! That is the only word that comes to mind when thinking of MOI's food and service! The food was not only flawless, but their team was so responsive and delightful - we never wanted dinner to end! Their attention to detail, bar services and overall attitude was captivating! We cannot say enough about how amazing this vendor is and will definitely use MOI for all of our future catering needs!

Elise · Married on 08/11/2018

The food was amazing. The manager is very helpful and will work with you

• Shelby

Shelby · Married on 07/22/2018

If you live in Wilmington and don't like MOI, you're crazy. The food is delicious, but the service is like none other. They are so efficient and who doesn't love their marinated chicken? My husband and I chose the Southern Buffet with 2 meats and 6 sides. Everyone loved the options we had. I would choose MOI over and over again!

Megan · Married on 06/29/2018

MOI's food is delicious! CM was so great and flexible from our tasting to the day of our wedding. You can trust to have a delicious meal and friendly service with MOI.

Jessica · Married on 06/15/2018

All I can say is WOW. Middle of the island DELIVERED for our wedding! Our guests left our wedding fat and happy :) They were not expecting a feast but they sure did get one and that was our goal. On top of the food tasting so good, the service was outstanding. Their staff really went out of their way to cater to my husband and I on our special day. They were not a part of the bar or venue staff but they went out of their way to make sure we remained either with a drink in our hand or food on our plates :) We were extremely pleased with their service and will be using their catering services again for upcoming family events!!

Joyce · Married on 06/02/2018

We used MOI catering services for my daughter's wedding and were extremely pleased. The food was delicious and the service was excellent!!! I highly recommend Middle of the Island Catering services to anyone looking for a top notch catering service. They are true professionals who offer delicious food and excellent services and they are extremely easy to work with!!!!

Lisa · Married on 06/01/2018

The food was outstanding. The service was amazing. I would highly recommend them for any catering event.

Christina · Married on 05/12/2018

MOI is the best!! I got so many complements on how it was the best wedding food that my guests had experienced. CM even took the time to make me my own special meal due to many food allergies! It was so sweet of him to be willing to do that and I really trusty appreciated it! Highly recommend!

Laura · Married on 04/28/2018

I'm so glad I hired MOI. Once I reserved them for my wedding day I didn't have to communicate to them what I wanted or final guest count til one week before. Everything we asked for was freaking delicious. Plus they were extremely accommodating by making two vegan plates specially for two guests. They do a great job at weddings. They made my husband and my plate and brought it to us so we didn't have to go through the buffet and so that we could actually eat on our wedding day! We also hired them to be our bartenders and everyone commented on how good the bar service was. I never saw a line and the bartenders were very friendly. You cannot go wrong hiring them.

Kayleigh · Married on 04/14/2018

Food was delicious and the service was amazing! As the bride and groom, we were served our dinner by the MOI staff. The staff was friendly and made sure all guests were taken care of. The food was DELICIOUS! They cut our cake for us and made sure we left with to-go containers after doing our "exit" from the reception.

Lauryn · Married on 12/30/2017

We used Middle of the Island for our rehearsal dinner and my oh my---my wedding guests are STILL talking about their/our food. I have dreams- the most amazing dreams about MOI’s collard greens and I don’t even like collard greens! The fried chicken…wow– (stop it Popeyes and every other fried chicken place because MOI has won that game)…. Everything was incredible from their set-up and immaculate service to the quality of their food. Having such a large menu with many options to choose from, my husband and I thought quality and taste of food would go overlooked – quite the opposite. The food is incredible. You cannot----I repeat CANNOT go wrong with Middle of the Island (unless you like 400+ miles away because once you taste it, you will be dreaming about when you can get your hands on it again)…..it other words: I would crash a wedding or an event they are catering just so I can have some of their food…again. An excellent operation and excellent food that's incredibly priced. THANK YOU MOI!

Kaitlyn · Married on 11/10/2017

Wow! I can't even begin to express how amazing Middle of the Island was for our wedding! They truly went above and beyond to make our day extra special. The staff was so incredibly sweet and checked in on us throughout the night, they made sure we ate and drank water which was honestly a total life saver. Furthermore, the food was INCREDIBLE! 3 weeks later I am still getting comments from people on how tasty all the food was. I would highly suggest MOI for catering, they are affordable, delicious, and their staff will knock it out of the park.

Lia · Married on 11/04/2017

Middle of the Island was amazing for both our rehearsal dinner and our wedding reception! They are highly accommodating and easy to work with, not to mention the food is delicious. You cannot go wrong with MOI. We had the Italian buffet for our rehearsal dinner which was perfectly filling for the night before our wedding. For the big night we had the Wedding Favorite. Everything was perfect. During cocktail hour we were out on a 400 foot pier taking pics with our family and bridal/groom parties and they came out with trays of our appetizers to feed us! How awesome!!! They were sure to make us a plate and box our food up for us so that we had food to come back to after our after party. They clearly know and have worked in all the venues in Wilmington and came in to our venue with little to no direction and did their thing. So easy and stress free, & everyone left with full bellies. It could not have gone more smoothly. All of the servers had smiles on their faces and served our guests efficiently. Everything was cleaned up as if they were not even there. We are so grateful! THANK YOU MOI!!

• Brittni

Brittni · Married on 11/03/2017

Y'all, do not hesitate in booking MOI. I was an out of town bride who only got to be in Wilmington one time before the wedding, and food was the LAST thing I stressed about because of their staff. After the ceremony and taking pictures, I was literally bombarded by my guests who could not stop talking about the grilled cheese and tomato soup shooters for cocktail hour!! And during the reception, their staff was so attentive and caring to us and our guests. Our families are still talking about the food!

Judith · Married on 10/28/2017

Middle of the Island is always a hit! You can’t go wrong with these guys. Their staff is always so pleasant and efficient. When my groom and I were shown to our seats at our table, we were immediately given plates full of food from the buffet—a pleasant surprise that allowed us to shovel in a couple of forkfuls before heading off to mingle at each table with our guests. They packed up leftovers for us as well, which was so nice to have later that night when the party was over!

Dorothy · Married on 10/21/2017

What can I say about MOI except - they were amazing. The food was incredible - we have gotten some many compliments on it! MOI was so easy to work with! The servers were so attentive! I didn't have to ask for anything because they knew what I wanted before I did! They were fast, efficient and non-intrusive - they practically blended in to the background! If I ever need another caterer - MOI is my only choice.