middle of the island catering co Reviews

middle of the island catering co

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2013 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2012 Winner

Tina S. Getting married on 08/03/2022

Excellent Selection!

We used Middle of the Island for several parts of the wedding Festivies. I would not hesitate to call and use their services again!
    Hannelore Married on 06/19/2022

Best Catering Service Ever!

I recently engaged MOI for my 80th Birthday celebration. Outstanding food, outstanding presentation and outstanding service. Compliments by my guests all around! If you want to make an impression and have peace of mind, this is the Catering Business to hire!
  • Camryn
    Camryn P. Married on 06/02/2022

The wedding caterer you NEED to hire!!

FANTASTIC choice for our wedding catering. Especially if you are looking for quality, abundant food at a good price- MOI is the one! CM Rogers was great and easy to get ahold of, even in the midst of busy wedding season. We had them do an Italian buffet for dinner and a fruit/cheese display for cocktail hour. The servers and staff were wonderful and SO attentive, they poured our champagne and cut the cake, and provided plasticware as part of our package! They even brought my new husband and me a plate from the buffet station so we didn’t have to go through the line. Recommend!
  • Tanya
    Tanya L. Married on 02/20/2022

Great value!

We used middle of the island to cater our wedding buffet. CM was so easy and pleasant to work with. He had us over for a tasting before the wedding and everything tasted amazing. He allowed us to mix and match the different courses and sides. Payment was simple and painless. The food was great on the day of the wedding and we were allowed to take home the leftovers. Working with cm is such an easy process and you can’t beat his prices for the high quality food with much variety. We would recommend him to anyone!
    Samantha P. Married on 11/20/2021

Wonderful experience!

A friend of mine had MOI as their caterer so I already knew I was getting something amazing when we hired them for our wedding. Everything from start to finish was seamless. They are very quick to respond and so easy to work with. During the reception the staff made sure my husband and I had full plates and everything we needed. We got the cheese and fruit display for cocktail hour and the Wedding Favorite Buffet for dinner. Every one of our guests raved about how good the food was! The price point is very reasonable and there are so many different menus and budgets to work with. I got our dessert from Publix but they still set up and made our dessert bar beautiful. Hire them for an effortless and delicious day!!
  • Zj Bexell
    Jeseca H. Married on 11/18/2021

Amazing service and delicious food

Absolutely amazing service and great food. Great company and great customer service!
  • Regina
    Regina Married on 10/23/2021

Great Food & Staff

CM is the manager,
    He took really good care of us the food was amazing they even let the guest take food boxes home. They made sure our food was served hot and fresh and waiting on us and then even packed us up a box for the next day wonderful. We had the spinach salad, squash casserole, Au jus Roast beef, fried Chicken, just to name a few of my favorites but everything was amazing
  • Jessica
    Jessica Married on 10/16/2021

Can't say enough nice things!

From the emails, to the taste tasting, to the freak out moments, to the actual day, Middle of the Island was nothing shy of amazing!! The owner, CM, was so helpful and very responsive, even being so busy no matter the day or time. He answered every question and assisted me with all the details along the way. The food was so delicious and we received so many compliments!! I highly recommend Middle of the Island!! (We even used them at our Rehearsal Dinner).
    Lynecehand Married on 10/09/2021

BEST catered food ever!!!!

Best catered food I have ever had at a wedding!!!!! Attended a wedding catered by them on 10-09-21 and everything was excellent!!!! Loved the fried chicken, Mac and cheese, squash casserole, mashed potatoes and spinach salad with strawberries!!!!! I have never finished my entire plate at any catered event in the past, honest truth and the staff were so so nice!!!!! They deserve 10 STARS in my book!!!!
  • Laura
    Laura C. Married on 08/13/2021

The best caterer in the business!!

We hired Middle of the Island because we had been to a wedding where they had catered and we loved the food. We talked to the bride and groom of that wedding and they had only great things to say about CM and his team. They were RIGHT! CM was the easiest person ever to work with and was so flexible with all of our food choices and changes we wanted to make to certain menu options. He was always prompt to call us if we had questions and never missed an email response or phone message. We got married almost three weeks ago and we are still hearing from our guests how good the food was. Thank you CM and Middle of the Island for making our day so special. We would 100% recommend this business to anyone looking for a caterer!!!
  • Rachael
    Rachael H. Married on 06/12/2021

AMAZING catering service!

We recently moved to Wilmington, NC and got married. We did not know a whole lot about local vendors, but when asking around everybody mentioned Middle of the Island being the best. We used them for both rehearsal and the wedding and I just have to say they are THE BEST! The staff is excellent, they are some of the hardest workers you can meet, the owner loves what he does and works with his clients so well, and the food is phenomenal. For rehearsal we did the "Hawaiian Buffet" the food was so fresh, served hot, and tasted delicious. The wedding we chose the popular "Wedding Buffet" and we had more than plenty of options for all types at the wedding. I will always use Middle of the Island for any large event, and will definitely recommend it to anybody.
  • Emmie
    Emmie T. Married on 05/20/2021

Catering was Excellent!

MOI provides fantastic customer service, and the food was delicious!! We had so many compliments on how wonderful the food was. The staff were on time, friendly and did a wonderful job. 10/10 would recommend!
    Jen B. Married on 05/08/2021

The best food!!

They have such amazing food!! CM is so easy to work with!! The food was delicious and everyone was giving compliments about it!!
  • Alison
    Alison S. Married on 04/17/2021

Amazing Food

MOI was a great choice for our wedding catering. Yummy food, friendly staff, and outstanding service. 10/10 recommend!
    Susan J. Married on 04/01/2021

MOI was amazing.

Once we started planning our wedding, I knew I wanted to use MOI. They have been around a long time & we already knew the food was delicious. It is said that ultimately people remember 2 things about a wedding- was the food good & did they have a good time! With MOI, you’re assured great food! My guests loved it! CM was so easy to work with & was very accommodating to any requests we had. We would definitely use MOI again for any catering needs.
  • Kimberley
    Kimberley P. Married on 02/27/2021

Nothing but Excellent !!!!!

The food was so great and all our friends and family are still talking about how wonderful the food was, we received the wedding buffet and would highly recommend this for any event! The staff were so friendly and helpful and went above and beyond to make our wedding day perfect for us on what was already a very stressful day! Thank you so much for making our wedding reception perfect!!!
  • Carly
    Carly Married on 11/28/2020

Delicious!

We hired MOI for our rehearsal dinner and wedding and wow - we were SO impressed. We had the Steakhouse Classic on Friday night and the Wedding Favorite on Saturday. People say brides don’t have a chance to eat.. oh trust me there was no way I wasn’t eating with these meals in front of me! We heard numerous compliments on how delicious the food was from our guests. One of my favorite parts was having a few of the same staff members help out both nights- they were awesome!!! My husband and I felt so spoiled. 10/10 food and service!
    Kaitlyn C. Married on 10/10/2020

MOI to the Rescue

Long story short MOI saved the day with their flexibility and excellent food when we had to postpone our wedding due to covid and also move the reception. We were so grateful for their willingness to go along with the constant changes that we had no control over and even made sure the groom had some chicken tenders haha Everyone is still raving about the food!
  • Danielle
    Danielle Married on 10/04/2020

Best catering ever!!

The Middle of the Island was super helpful! For our wedding we got the Southern Buffet, and it was absolutely delicious!!!! I highly recommend them, I promise you won't be disappointed!
    Christine Married on 09/26/2020

Delicious and Perfect

MOI is the way to go. Not only do they have a huge selection of options but the food was amazing. My guests were raving all
    Night about how it was the best food they have ever had at a wedding. That’s all that you need to know to make your decision. I didn’t have to worry about a thing, they helped make everything so easy and stress free!
  • Gia
    Gia C. Married on 09/02/2020

Great food and service!!

The food was great and the service was even better. CM and his team knocked it out of the part for our wedding. Many compliments among our guests. Highly recommend!
  • Kate
    Kate S. Married on 08/08/2020

Amazing food!

The food was AMAZING! My husband and I never went to taste test the food and just went off of word of mouth when it came to picking a caterer. Our wedding was at The Barn at Rock Creek and the Barn staff couldn't say enough good things about MOI so we knew they had to be good! We chose the southern buffet and our guests (and us) LOVED it! The pork tenderloin and marinated chicken was delicious. Ordering the food was one of the easiest processes of our whole wedding experience. We called in December to book our wedding date and were told that they would contact us again about 2 weeks before the wedding to ask us what we wanted food-wise. We were amazed at how easy setting up catering with MOI was! 100% would recommend Middle of the Island!
  • Tami
    Tami F. Married on 08/06/2020

Service, quality, taste...100%!

Middle of the Island Caterers are top-notch! My daughter was married on August 2, 2020 at Wrightsville Manor and MOI was our caterer and from the very first phone call to the final clean-up they were fantastic! So so easy to deal with that I was a little nervous at first. They are so good at what they do that everything runs so smoothly. The guests constantly raced about the food. The selection was great. We had the Wedding Favorite which had something for every different taste. The chicken, shrimp pasta salad and the strawberry spinach salad were the biggest hits! The staff were very professional and very friendly. I wouldn’t hesitate to hire MOI again for any future event! Excellent in every aspect!
  • Zoe
    Zoe G. Married on 06/21/2020

Amazing & Affordable

MOI has been around as long as I can remember and has been at almost every wedding I have ever been to in the Wilmington area. My husband and I used MOI at our wedding on 01/31/21 at Wrightsville Manor and they did a fantastic job! The food was amazing (as always) and the severs were very happy and attentive.

Being on the other side of the wedding as the bride I really was able to appreciate how easy it was to work with MOI. MOI took such great care of us and I would definitely recommend!
  • Janel
    Janel Married on 06/13/2020

Food was amazing

Highly recommend MOI! They were the most referred caterer and now I know why! The food was amazing and the service even better. We had to move our event 2 weeks prior and it rained all day and they made it work flawlessly!