middle of the island catering co Reviews

270 | Wrightsville Beach, NC

270 Reviews for middle of the island catering co

K. M. Johnson · Married on 01/25/2020

Professional Delicious Reasonable Flawless!!

MOI recently catering my daughters wedding and I couldn’t be happier with the food and service. CM was so easy to work with and everything was literally perfect! I am still getting calls from friends and family about the food and service. Choosing MOI was the seriously the best decision we made.

Sent on 02/05/2020
  • Malika

Malika · Married on 12/29/2019

The absolute BEST catering company

I was super frustrated trying to find a local catering company for our wedding. Every place I contacted was unresponsive or well over the budget we set. The manager of our venue recommended MOI and it was one of best decisions we made with regard to wedding planning. Not only is every single thing on their menu delicious, but they are so reasonably priced and professional, especially considering all of the services they provide. The wait staff was excellent, they provided cake cutting, the boxed up all leftovers - we didn't have to stress about anything food-related. After securing the date I was initially nervous about them not taking a deposit but that's just their business practice. Every single time I contacted CM with a question, he was quick to respond. We're about 2 hours from where MOI is located but it mattered not. We were happy to pay the travel charge because NO ONE compared to the quantity and quality of food, service, affordability, and level of professionalism of this company. If they have your date available, book them! Thank you, CM and MOI staff!

Sent on 01/06/2020
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 12/21/2019

Hands down the best in Wilmington!

CM and the MOI staff took total care of everyone for my wedding! The food is delicious, as always! Friendly, accommodating staff. Amy took total care of everyone and made sure everything was perfect. I can’t thank CM enough for everything. BEST. CATERING. IN. WILMINGTON.

Sent on 12/22/2019
  • Lexi

Lexi D · Married on 10/26/2019

MOI review

We knew going in that MOI had such a great reputation and man, did it not disappoint! We had SO many of our guests rave about the food at our wedding! So glad we chose MOI! For those that are a little anxious about CM not giving a formal contract - do not fret. He has his reasons and always follows through. He and his cooks and servers do not disappoint and the food is fantastic! Thank you MOI for making our wedding day so tasty!

Sent on 11/10/2019
  • Charlotte

Charlotte · Married on 10/19/2019

Still Drooling Over the Food

OMG BEST FOOD EVER
    We still have guests raving about the food from our wedding.

Sent on 10/28/2019
  • Abby

Abby · Married on 10/19/2019

Delicious With Options for All!

YUM. I had so many guests tell me that MOI provided the best food they've ever had at a wedding! We chose the Wedding Grand Buffet and every single thing was delicious! Their servers were also incredibly kind and easy to work with. You definitely will not be disappointed!

Sent on 10/30/2019
  • Scott

Ashley Brookes · Married on 10/19/2019

Our guests are still talking about the food!

We don’t even know where to start…CM and his team at Middle of the Island are beyond incredible and an absolute pleasure to work with. CM makes it so easy, prices are more than fair, and he doesn’t even require a deposit (as of mid-2019). He offered his suggestions and guidance with his wealth of knowledge and experience, and he completely delivered. He worked with us to create a delicious menu and plan for family-style service. The MOI staff was professional, responsive, and kind! We rented our china from MOI for a nominal fee and it looked great! People are still raving about our food and we got married two months ago! Do yourself a favor and hire CM, put your mind at ease, and check all things catering off your to-do list. We would hire him again in a heartbeat for any future event.

Sent on 12/14/2019
  • Katie

Katie Choma · Married on 09/21/2019

Fantastic service!!

My husband and I are both in the service industry so it was important to hire a catering company that was not only delicious, but provided excellent service. MOI is no nonsense and they get it done!! Everyone at our wedding loved the food and the staff was friendly and efficient. Couldn't be happier! Thank you so much!!

Sent on 11/01/2019
  • Sarrah

Sarrah Gilley · Married on 09/20/2019

Everything was so delicious!

We knew without a doubt that Middle of the Island was the caterer we wanted to use for our wedding and they certainly did not disappoint! They offer a high variety of menus at very reasonable prices, especially considering how exceptionally delicious the food is. I can honestly say I’ve never had anything from MOI that I didn’t like. They are very responsive, easy to work with, and the service they provide is flawless. Highly recommend for catering any type of event!

Sent on 12/30/2019

Mari · Married on 08/31/2019

Best food ever!

This was the best wedding food we’ve ever had! The shrimp and grits are the best we’ve ever had too! CM was so easy to work with and the staff was amazing, and presented their food beautifully. We had so many people come up to us saying how delicious the food was, and some asking how they could purchase some to take home! Highly recommend!

Sent on 10/10/2019
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 08/24/2019

MOI is simply the best and most delicious in all of Wilmington

CM from MOI is the best. He is super quick to answer all questions and is so easy to work with. They are so good at their jobs that you aren't expected to call with your order until a week before the event. You aren't required to make a down payment either which really surprised me! I have been to a few weddings catered by MOI and just knew I wouldn't have it any other way for my big day. Just a few days after being engaged and booking a date, MOI was the first I called! Their whole staff is amazing and really does it ALL. I will always recommend them. Their price is extremely reasonable and the food is as I said, simply the best around! Thank you team at MOI for making my day the best. PS-my guests were talking about that ice cream bar for days!!

Sent on 08/31/2019
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 08/11/2019

Everyone loved the food and the service was fantastic!

Middle of the island catering are so friendly and laid back. They were my most responsive vendor! They have a million options and they all taste great! We went down to do a tasting and was surprised that some of the foods I normally don't even like I was adding to the menu. They come with their own truck that has everything they might need and staff goes beyond just serving their food. They helped set up dessert, made us to go plates, and cleaned up.

Sent on 08/14/2019
  • Emily

Emily Beckman · Married on 08/10/2019

Food is amazing!

I had heard such good things about them but had never had it for myself until our wedding tasting. EVERYTHING i tasted was amazing. (And I am a picky eater). The did an amazing job for our wedding and all our guests loved it.

Sent on 09/24/2019
  • Eliza

Eliza · Married on 07/27/2019

Yes yes yes

Food was one of the most important things to us for the wedding, and wow did Middle of the Island crush it! The wedding was a week ago, and we are STILL receiving compliments on the food. During cocktail hour, we had the chicken and waffles, shrimp cocktail shooters and the asiago asparagus, and everything was amazing. The chicken and waffles were both a hit and adorable, with a little rose detail at the end of each tooth pick. We had the grilled salmon with dill, creamy balsamic chicken and roasted vegetable parmesan cream penne pasta, and everything was incredibly delicious and not dry at all. So many people came up to us at the wedding saying, “I feel like I just ate in a restaurant” or “this is the best salmon we have ever had.” Not only was the food amazing, but MOI was extremely flexible and professional, and was able to accommodate us for a tasting during the holiday season. Additionally, night of the wedding, the fabulous staff kept our buffet line moving, and took care of our wedding party all night long. I absolutely recommend using MOI for any event!

Sent on 08/04/2019

Kristen · Married on 07/20/2019

Fantastic!

Middle of the Island is the best caterer in town. They ave such a wide variety of food choices that you can't go wrong with anything you pick. We loved the Wedding Favorite buffet option. It had something for everyone and everything was delicious. They are affordable, easy to work with, and go above and beyond to make sure everything goes well. I was shocked by how fast all of my guests had food. And they packed up all of our leftovers at the end of the night as well as a midnight snack for us when we got home. You can't go wrong with this company. Highly recommend!

Sent on 07/22/2019
  • Whitney

Whitney · Married on 07/20/2019

So Delicious

MOI came highly recommended to us to use as our wedding catering. We decided to go with a station set up as opposed to a buffet and are so glad we did. The food was AMAZING and all of the guests raved about it all night long. Their staff was professional and friendly. Loved having them as a part of our day!

Sent on 09/17/2019
  • Kayla

Kayla Creason · Married on 06/30/2019

Absolutely delicious and filling!

We and our guests could not have been any happier with the food from MOI! We chose the Wedding Favorite Buffet, and it definitely lives up to its name! We have received so many compliments about how tasty the food was and how there was a great selection that everyone (no matter their food preferences) could enjoy. On top of that, MOI's team were some of the easiest, most flexible people to work with which made our experience that much more stress-free!

Sent on 09/01/2019
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 06/22/2019

Best caterer in wilm!

MOI catered my wedding on 6/22/19 in Wilmington, NC. We were SO IMPRESSED by how good the food was. We had the Wedding Favorite buffet our guests raved about how yummy everything was. MOI staff helped with the flip, offered wonderful bartender services, and the waitstaff were SO nice and attentive. They made sure my husband and I had everything we needed at our sweetheart table all night long. They even sent us with "to-go" boxes to eat after the reception. MOI is THE choice for wedding catering by far. You will be so happy with them! Thanks CM and the MOI team for the best wedding meal ever!

Sent on 07/02/2019
  • Letitia

Letitia · Married on 06/15/2019

Eat, Drink & Be Married

I highly recommend any couple getting married in the Wilmington/Southport area to consider MOI Catering. Our guests are still commenting on the delicious food and great service. We used Package 4 and their bar services but provided our own alcohol. Their additional services such as set-up and break-down were very helpful. They are easy going and adaptable and my husband and I did not worry about anything during the night and they even served us food and drinks at our sweetheart table. They were great!

Sent on 07/01/2019
  • Caitlyn

Caitlyn Kumpula · Married on 06/15/2019

Professional Staff and Amazing Food

MOI is the best catering company in the Wilmington area. On the day of the wedding the staff made sure everything was flawless and they were extremely professional. The best we have ever worked with. The food was delicious and everyone at the wedding was raving about it. We are still getting comments about how good the food was four weeks later.

Sent on 07/11/2019
  • Patricia

Patricia · Married on 05/25/2019

Knapp - Venning Wedding

I can't say enough good things about Middle of the Island
    1. Professional
    2. Excellent Service Staff and Bartenders
    3. Amazing food - My guests told me some of the best food they have ever had at a Wedding.
    BOOK THEM!

Sent on 06/03/2019

Kristen Oakley · Married on 05/11/2019

MOI is Amazing!

Middle of the Island was a fantastic caterer for our wedding. CM was extremely easy to work with and he didn't need to know what we wanted or the final count until about 1.5 weeks before the wedding. The food was amazing and the staff were all so friendly and fun to be around! Thank you for helping make our day so special.

Sent on 05/20/2019
  • Jamie

Jamie · Married on 05/09/2019

Most Compliments Received!

MOI is well known in the community for providing awesome service and delicious food, and they did not disappoint! We received more compliments on how amazing the food was than anything else, I think! The biggest hit by far were the shrimp and grits...people were walking by with three glassfuls in their hands all at one time!!! The squash casserole was fantastic and the balsamic chicken was to die for too. Not only was the food outstanding, but the servers were amazing as well! They took exceptional care of us and our guests; they were simply phenomenal!

Sent on 05/25/2019
  • Jenni

Jenni · Married on 05/04/2019

Amazing!

We are SO happy we chose MOI to cater our wedding! We did the central station package, which included a salad station, veggie station (including baked potato bar), carving station, southern station (including their unbelievable shrimp and grits), and pasta station. Everything was absolutely delicious! We received countless compliments about the catering from our guests, including my husbands dad who is an incredible cook; so having him tell us how fantastic the food was really means something! The staff was wonderful, and they had catered at our venue before which made the experience that much better, since they knew exactly how and where to set up. Highly recommend!!!

Sent on 05/18/2019
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 05/04/2019

Professional and Easy to Work with

MOI was incredibly professional and easy to work with. Everyone LOVED the food. Would HIGHLY recommend to anyone who is in need of catering

Sent on 05/24/2019