middle of the island catering co Reviews

282 | Wrightsville Beach, NC

282 Reviews for middle of the island catering co

Tina S. · Getting married on 08/03/2022

Excellent Selection!

We used Middle of the Island for several parts of the wedding Festivies. I would not hesitate to call and use their services again!

Sent on 03/24/2021
  • Kimberley

Kimberley P. · Married on 02/27/2021

Nothing but Excellent !!!!!

The food was so great and all our friends and family are still talking about how wonderful the food was, we received the wedding buffet and would highly recommend this for any event! The staff were so friendly and helpful and went above and beyond to make our wedding day perfect for us on what was already a very stressful day! Thank you so much for making our wedding reception perfect!!!

Sent on 03/12/2021
  • Carly

Carly · Married on 11/28/2020

Delicious!

We hired MOI for our rehearsal dinner and wedding and wow - we were SO impressed. We had the Steakhouse Classic on Friday night and the Wedding Favorite on Saturday. People say brides don’t have a chance to eat.. oh trust me there was no way I wasn’t eating with these meals in front of me! We heard numerous compliments on how delicious the food was from our guests. One of my favorite parts was having a few of the same staff members help out both nights- they were awesome!!! My husband and I felt so spoiled. 10/10 food and service!

Sent on 12/13/2020

Kaitlyn C. · Married on 10/10/2020

MOI to the Rescue

Long story short MOI saved the day with their flexibility and excellent food when we had to postpone our wedding due to covid and also move the reception. We were so grateful for their willingness to go along with the constant changes that we had no control over and even made sure the groom had some chicken tenders haha Everyone is still raving about the food!

Sent on 03/02/2021
  • Danielle

Danielle · Married on 10/04/2020

Best catering ever!!

The Middle of the Island was super helpful! For our wedding we got the Southern Buffet, and it was absolutely delicious!!!! I highly recommend them, I promise you won't be disappointed!

Sent on 10/13/2020

Christine · Married on 09/26/2020

Delicious and Perfect

MOI is the way to go. Not only do they have a huge selection of options but the food was amazing. My guests were raving all
    Night about how it was the best food they have ever had at a wedding. That’s all that you need to know to make your decision. I didn’t have to worry about a thing, they helped make everything so easy and stress free!

Sent on 10/17/2020
  • Kate

Kate S. · Married on 08/08/2020

Amazing food!

The food was AMAZING! My husband and I never went to taste test the food and just went off of word of mouth when it came to picking a caterer. Our wedding was at The Barn at Rock Creek and the Barn staff couldn't say enough good things about MOI so we knew they had to be good! We chose the southern buffet and our guests (and us) LOVED it! The pork tenderloin and marinated chicken was delicious. Ordering the food was one of the easiest processes of our whole wedding experience. We called in December to book our wedding date and were told that they would contact us again about 2 weeks before the wedding to ask us what we wanted food-wise. We were amazed at how easy setting up catering with MOI was! 100% would recommend Middle of the Island!

Sent on 08/14/2020
  • Tami

Tami F. · Married on 08/06/2020

Service, quality, taste...100%!

Middle of the Island Caterers are top-notch! My daughter was married on August 2, 2020 at Wrightsville Manor and MOI was our caterer and from the very first phone call to the final clean-up they were fantastic! So so easy to deal with that I was a little nervous at first. They are so good at what they do that everything runs so smoothly. The guests constantly raced about the food. The selection was great. We had the Wedding Favorite which had something for every different taste. The chicken, shrimp pasta salad and the strawberry spinach salad were the biggest hits! The staff were very professional and very friendly. I wouldn’t hesitate to hire MOI again for any future event! Excellent in every aspect!

Sent on 08/16/2020
  • Zoe

Zoe G. · Married on 06/21/2020

Amazing & Affordable

MOI has been around as long as I can remember and has been at almost every wedding I have ever been to in the Wilmington area. My husband and I used MOI at our wedding on 01/31/21 at Wrightsville Manor and they did a fantastic job! The food was amazing (as always) and the severs were very happy and attentive.

Being on the other side of the wedding as the bride I really was able to appreciate how easy it was to work with MOI. MOI took such great care of us and I would definitely recommend!

Sent on 02/04/2021
  • Janel

Janel · Married on 06/13/2020

Food was amazing

Highly recommend MOI! They were the most referred caterer and now I know why! The food was amazing and the service even better. We had to move our event 2 weeks prior and it rained all day and they made it work flawlessly!

Sent on 06/22/2020
  • Alicia

Alicia · Married on 05/09/2020

Food your guests won't stop talking about!

We were recommended MOI through our wedding planner and couldn't have been happier. Not only were they affordable, but the food was incredible, we were so excited after our taste test! CM and his team were incredible to work with and everything went so smoothly, as we used their bartending services too! We did the buffet and upgraded for the mash potato bar and it was a hit. Cocktail hour food had the guests excited for dinner - highly recommend the shrimp and grits and tomato soup and grill cheese shooters, we have friends STILL talking about cocktail hour!

For dinner, service moved quickly and we had so many compliments about it being some of the best wedding food people have had. We were so happy! Our bellies were plenty full and the staff took care of us, making sure we ate enough which was so sweet. You can't go wrong with their selection, service and food! We also rented their china packet which helped take care of one less rental. Middle of the Island is an absolute must book!

Sent on 11/02/2020
  • Laura

Laura B. · Married on 02/16/2020

I would hire this caterer again!

Middle of the Island is amazing! They have so many food choices to pick from and they are very pleasant and professional! They are also affordable! Their food is delicious and all my guests loved the food at the wedding. They brought a plate over to my husband and I at the wedding (we didn’t even have to get up from the head table during dinner) and were checking up on us all night long! I highly recommend this vendor.

Sent on 04/14/2020

K. M. J. · Married on 01/25/2020

Professional Delicious Reasonable Flawless!!

MOI recently catering my daughters wedding and I couldn’t be happier with the food and service. CM was so easy to work with and everything was literally perfect! I am still getting calls from friends and family about the food and service. Choosing MOI was the seriously the best decision we made.

Sent on 02/05/2020
  • Malika

Malika · Married on 12/29/2019

The absolute BEST catering company

I was super frustrated trying to find a local catering company for our wedding. Every place I contacted was unresponsive or well over the budget we set. The manager of our venue recommended MOI and it was one of best decisions we made with regard to wedding planning. Not only is every single thing on their menu delicious, but they are so reasonably priced and professional, especially considering all of the services they provide. The wait staff was excellent, they provided cake cutting, the boxed up all leftovers - we didn't have to stress about anything food-related. After securing the date I was initially nervous about them not taking a deposit but that's just their business practice. Every single time I contacted CM with a question, he was quick to respond. We're about 2 hours from where MOI is located but it mattered not. We were happy to pay the travel charge because NO ONE compared to the quantity and quality of food, service, affordability, and level of professionalism of this company. If they have your date available, book them! Thank you, CM and MOI staff!

Sent on 01/06/2020
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 12/21/2019

Hands down the best in Wilmington!

CM and the MOI staff took total care of everyone for my wedding! The food is delicious, as always! Friendly, accommodating staff. Amy took total care of everyone and made sure everything was perfect. I can’t thank CM enough for everything. BEST. CATERING. IN. WILMINGTON.

Sent on 12/22/2019
  • Lexi

Lexi · Married on 10/26/2019

MOI review

We knew going in that MOI had such a great reputation and man, did it not disappoint! We had SO many of our guests rave about the food at our wedding! So glad we chose MOI! For those that are a little anxious about CM not giving a formal contract - do not fret. He has his reasons and always follows through. He and his cooks and servers do not disappoint and the food is fantastic! Thank you MOI for making our wedding day so tasty!

Sent on 11/10/2019
  • Charlotte

Charlotte · Married on 10/19/2019

Still Drooling Over the Food

OMG BEST FOOD EVER
    We still have guests raving about the food from our wedding.

Sent on 10/28/2019
  • Abby

Abby · Married on 10/19/2019

Delicious With Options for All!

YUM. I had so many guests tell me that MOI provided the best food they've ever had at a wedding! We chose the Wedding Grand Buffet and every single thing was delicious! Their servers were also incredibly kind and easy to work with. You definitely will not be disappointed!

Sent on 10/30/2019
  • Scott

Ashley B. · Married on 10/19/2019

Our guests are still talking about the food!

We don’t even know where to start…CM and his team at Middle of the Island are beyond incredible and an absolute pleasure to work with. CM makes it so easy, prices are more than fair, and he doesn’t even require a deposit (as of mid-2019). He offered his suggestions and guidance with his wealth of knowledge and experience, and he completely delivered. He worked with us to create a delicious menu and plan for family-style service. The MOI staff was professional, responsive, and kind! We rented our china from MOI for a nominal fee and it looked great! People are still raving about our food and we got married two months ago! Do yourself a favor and hire CM, put your mind at ease, and check all things catering off your to-do list. We would hire him again in a heartbeat for any future event.

Sent on 12/14/2019
  • Katie

Katie C. · Married on 09/21/2019

Fantastic service!!

My husband and I are both in the service industry so it was important to hire a catering company that was not only delicious, but provided excellent service. MOI is no nonsense and they get it done!! Everyone at our wedding loved the food and the staff was friendly and efficient. Couldn't be happier! Thank you so much!!

Sent on 11/01/2019
  • Sarrah

Sarrah G. · Married on 09/20/2019

Everything was so delicious!

We knew without a doubt that Middle of the Island was the caterer we wanted to use for our wedding and they certainly did not disappoint! They offer a high variety of menus at very reasonable prices, especially considering how exceptionally delicious the food is. I can honestly say I’ve never had anything from MOI that I didn’t like. They are very responsive, easy to work with, and the service they provide is flawless. Highly recommend for catering any type of event!

Sent on 12/30/2019

Mari · Married on 08/31/2019

Best food ever!

This was the best wedding food we’ve ever had! The shrimp and grits are the best we’ve ever had too! CM was so easy to work with and the staff was amazing, and presented their food beautifully. We had so many people come up to us saying how delicious the food was, and some asking how they could purchase some to take home! Highly recommend!

Sent on 10/10/2019
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 08/24/2019

MOI is simply the best and most delicious in all of Wilmington

CM from MOI is the best. He is super quick to answer all questions and is so easy to work with. They are so good at their jobs that you aren't expected to call with your order until a week before the event. You aren't required to make a down payment either which really surprised me! I have been to a few weddings catered by MOI and just knew I wouldn't have it any other way for my big day. Just a few days after being engaged and booking a date, MOI was the first I called! Their whole staff is amazing and really does it ALL. I will always recommend them. Their price is extremely reasonable and the food is as I said, simply the best around! Thank you team at MOI for making my day the best. PS-my guests were talking about that ice cream bar for days!!

Sent on 08/31/2019
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 08/11/2019

Everyone loved the food and the service was fantastic!

Middle of the island catering are so friendly and laid back. They were my most responsive vendor! They have a million options and they all taste great! We went down to do a tasting and was surprised that some of the foods I normally don't even like I was adding to the menu. They come with their own truck that has everything they might need and staff goes beyond just serving their food. They helped set up dessert, made us to go plates, and cleaned up.

Sent on 08/14/2019
  • Emily

Emily B. · Married on 08/10/2019

Food is amazing!

I had heard such good things about them but had never had it for myself until our wedding tasting. EVERYTHING i tasted was amazing. (And I am a picky eater). The did an amazing job for our wedding and all our guests loved it.

Sent on 09/24/2019