middle of the island catering co Reviews

261 | Wrightsville Beach, NC

261 Reviews for middle of the island catering co

middle of the island catering co 1
middle of the island catering co 2
middle of the island catering co 3
middle of the island catering co 4

Mari · Married on 08/31/2019

Best food ever!

This was the best wedding food we’ve ever had! The shrimp and grits are the best we’ve ever had too! CM was so easy to work with and the staff was amazing, and presented their food beautifully. We had so many people come up to us saying how delicious the food was, and some asking how they could purchase some to take home! Highly recommend!

Sent on 10/10/2019
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 08/24/2019

MOI is simply the best and most delicious in all of Wilmington

CM from MOI is the best. He is super quick to answer all questions and is so easy to work with. They are so good at their jobs that you aren't expected to call with your order until a week before the event. You aren't required to make a down payment either which really surprised me! I have been to a few weddings catered by MOI and just knew I wouldn't have it any other way for my big day. Just a few days after being engaged and booking a date, MOI was the first I called! Their whole staff is amazing and really does it ALL. I will always recommend them. Their price is extremely reasonable and the food is as I said, simply the best around! Thank you team at MOI for making my day the best. PS-my guests were talking about that ice cream bar for days!!

Sent on 08/31/2019
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 08/11/2019

Everyone loved the food and the service was fantastic!

Middle of the island catering are so friendly and laid back. They were my most responsive vendor! They have a million options and they all taste great! We went down to do a tasting and was surprised that some of the foods I normally don't even like I was adding to the menu. They come with their own truck that has everything they might need and staff goes beyond just serving their food. They helped set up dessert, made us to go plates, and cleaned up.

Sent on 08/14/2019
  • Emily

Emily Beckman · Married on 08/10/2019

Food is amazing!

I had heard such good things about them but had never had it for myself until our wedding tasting. EVERYTHING i tasted was amazing. (And I am a picky eater). The did an amazing job for our wedding and all our guests loved it.

Sent on 09/24/2019
  • Eliza

Eliza · Married on 07/27/2019

Yes yes yes

Food was one of the most important things to us for the wedding, and wow did Middle of the Island crush it! The wedding was a week ago, and we are STILL receiving compliments on the food. During cocktail hour, we had the chicken and waffles, shrimp cocktail shooters and the asiago asparagus, and everything was amazing. The chicken and waffles were both a hit and adorable, with a little rose detail at the end of each tooth pick. We had the grilled salmon with dill, creamy balsamic chicken and roasted vegetable parmesan cream penne pasta, and everything was incredibly delicious and not dry at all. So many people came up to us at the wedding saying, “I feel like I just ate in a restaurant” or “this is the best salmon we have ever had.” Not only was the food amazing, but MOI was extremely flexible and professional, and was able to accommodate us for a tasting during the holiday season. Additionally, night of the wedding, the fabulous staff kept our buffet line moving, and took care of our wedding party all night long. I absolutely recommend using MOI for any event!

Sent on 08/04/2019
    middle of the island catering co 5

Kristen · Married on 07/20/2019

Fantastic!

Middle of the Island is the best caterer in town. They ave such a wide variety of food choices that you can't go wrong with anything you pick. We loved the Wedding Favorite buffet option. It had something for everyone and everything was delicious. They are affordable, easy to work with, and go above and beyond to make sure everything goes well. I was shocked by how fast all of my guests had food. And they packed up all of our leftovers at the end of the night as well as a midnight snack for us when we got home. You can't go wrong with this company. Highly recommend!

Sent on 07/22/2019
  • Whitney

Whitney · Married on 07/20/2019

So Delicious

MOI came highly recommended to us to use as our wedding catering. We decided to go with a station set up as opposed to a buffet and are so glad we did. The food was AMAZING and all of the guests raved about it all night long. Their staff was professional and friendly. Loved having them as a part of our day!

Sent on 09/17/2019
  • Kayla

Kayla Creason · Married on 06/30/2019

Absolutely delicious and filling!

We and our guests could not have been any happier with the food from MOI! We chose the Wedding Favorite Buffet, and it definitely lives up to its name! We have received so many compliments about how tasty the food was and how there was a great selection that everyone (no matter their food preferences) could enjoy. On top of that, MOI's team were some of the easiest, most flexible people to work with which made our experience that much more stress-free!

Sent on 09/01/2019
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 06/22/2019

Best caterer in wilm!

MOI catered my wedding on 6/22/19 in Wilmington, NC. We were SO IMPRESSED by how good the food was. We had the Wedding Favorite buffet our guests raved about how yummy everything was. MOI staff helped with the flip, offered wonderful bartender services, and the waitstaff were SO nice and attentive. They made sure my husband and I had everything we needed at our sweetheart table all night long. They even sent us with "to-go" boxes to eat after the reception. MOI is THE choice for wedding catering by far. You will be so happy with them! Thanks CM and the MOI team for the best wedding meal ever!

Sent on 07/02/2019
  • Letitia

Letitia · Married on 06/15/2019

Eat, Drink & Be Married

I highly recommend any couple getting married in the Wilmington/Southport area to consider MOI Catering. Our guests are still commenting on the delicious food and great service. We used Package 4 and their bar services but provided our own alcohol. Their additional services such as set-up and break-down were very helpful. They are easy going and adaptable and my husband and I did not worry about anything during the night and they even served us food and drinks at our sweetheart table. They were great!

Sent on 07/01/2019
  • Caitlyn

Caitlyn Kumpula · Married on 06/15/2019

Professional Staff and Amazing Food

MOI is the best catering company in the Wilmington area. On the day of the wedding the staff made sure everything was flawless and they were extremely professional. The best we have ever worked with. The food was delicious and everyone at the wedding was raving about it. We are still getting comments about how good the food was four weeks later.

Sent on 07/11/2019
  • Patricia

Patricia · Married on 05/25/2019

Knapp - Venning Wedding

I can't say enough good things about Middle of the Island
    1. Professional
    2. Excellent Service Staff and Bartenders
    3. Amazing food - My guests told me some of the best food they have ever had at a Wedding.
    BOOK THEM!

Sent on 06/03/2019

Kristen Oakley · Married on 05/11/2019

MOI is Amazing!

Middle of the Island was a fantastic caterer for our wedding. CM was extremely easy to work with and he didn't need to know what we wanted or the final count until about 1.5 weeks before the wedding. The food was amazing and the staff were all so friendly and fun to be around! Thank you for helping make our day so special.

Sent on 05/20/2019
  • Jamie

Jamie · Married on 05/09/2019

Most Compliments Received!

MOI is well known in the community for providing awesome service and delicious food, and they did not disappoint! We received more compliments on how amazing the food was than anything else, I think! The biggest hit by far were the shrimp and grits...people were walking by with three glassfuls in their hands all at one time!!! The squash casserole was fantastic and the balsamic chicken was to die for too. Not only was the food outstanding, but the servers were amazing as well! They took exceptional care of us and our guests; they were simply phenomenal!

Sent on 05/25/2019
  • Jenni

Jenni · Married on 05/04/2019

Amazing!

We are SO happy we chose MOI to cater our wedding! We did the central station package, which included a salad station, veggie station (including baked potato bar), carving station, southern station (including their unbelievable shrimp and grits), and pasta station. Everything was absolutely delicious! We received countless compliments about the catering from our guests, including my husbands dad who is an incredible cook; so having him tell us how fantastic the food was really means something! The staff was wonderful, and they had catered at our venue before which made the experience that much better, since they knew exactly how and where to set up. Highly recommend!!!

Sent on 05/18/2019
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 05/04/2019

Professional and Easy to Work with

MOI was incredibly professional and easy to work with. Everyone LOVED the food. Would HIGHLY recommend to anyone who is in need of catering

Sent on 05/24/2019
    middle of the island catering co 6

Brittnee · Married on 05/01/2019

Great Food and Excellent Staff

We decided to go with the Southern Buffet and it was awesome! Our guest loved the Pulled BBQ and everyone raved about the squash casserole! Everything was amazing and we highly recommend the shrimp and grits! CM was awesome from the beginning process and followed through along side with his amazing staff! All were very attentive! Thank you so much for a great experience. Our wedding day food was amazing!

Sent on 05/29/2019
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 04/26/2019

Delicious food!

CM does amazing work! His staff knows exactly what to do. His food is amazing, well known for the squash casserole, it was a hit. We went with the southern buffet style and got feedback from everyone that they loved it. We also used his beverage/bar services and they were good. The only set back with the drink was they were not strong enough so if thats a thing for you just ask for a double when you order your drinks and they can do that for you. We enjoyed working with CM and his staff.

Sent on 05/23/2019
    middle of the island catering co 7
    middle of the island catering co 8

Bridget Flaherty · Married on 04/13/2019

MOI live up to the hype

We heard nothing but great things about MOI from everyone we talked to. After hiring them, we were so happy by how professional and knowledgeable they were. They answered all of our questions that came up and they calmed any nerves we had leading up to the wedding day. They were honestly perfect- we just handed the reins over to them and they handled everything food and dining related. The food was amazing, they took such good care of us (the bride and groom) during dinner, and they even packaged up all of the leftover food for us. We highly recommend them!

Sent on 07/11/2019
  • Michelle

Michelle · Married on 04/07/2019

Great team!

CM is great to work with. His staff is incredibly friendly and the food was delicious. Would definitely use them again:)

Sent on 04/23/2019

Char Marker · Married on 03/17/2019

Middle of the Island

MOI is so easy to work with and they are so reliable! The food was AMAZING!! People ate a lot of food! We had the Wedding Favorite with China which was a nice touch! They put out our cake as well which I appreciated! They were great start to finish! Would recommend them over and over!

Sent on 03/24/2019

Elizabeth · Married on 03/16/2019

Amazing food!!

The entire process from start to finish was amazing. My catering plans changed two months before my wedding! They were super accommodating. Even on my wedding day, a parade blocked the entire street that my venue was on. That didn't stop them from being timely. Everything was ready to go when I arrived. The wait staff was very courteous and attentive to me and my husband and all of our guest! I will be using them in the future for any event that I put together.

Sent on 03/30/2019

Erin · Married on 03/15/2019

Catering Services

CM was a wonderful person to work with! He is super laid back but everything turned out perfectly! So many of our guest complemented the food! We thought it was really yummy and there was plenty for all of our wedding guest! We had plenty to take home that night as well! He certainly knows how to cater a wedding! Highly recommend!
    Erin and Josh Graves

Sent on 04/03/2019

Jennifer Pryor · Married on 03/01/2019

Wedding Food

Middle of the Island is by far the best catering company in Wilmington! 1. they are reasonably priced! 2. their staff is friendly and hard workers 3. the food!! We selected the wedding favorite buffet, the fruit and cheese tray, and 2 hot appetizers. - get the meatballs! Best meatballs ever!! The owner was super accommodating. I had two vegan guests and they were able to create separate dishes for them as well.

Sent on 05/15/2019

Mary · Married on 12/08/2018

Always Fabulous! MOU

MOI did not just include food but they also included the staff. They are very kind and caring.
    They also did the cake cutting. They are top notch professionals!

Sent on 01/01/2019