214 Reviews for middle of the island catering co

Family Style (3)
Premium Liquor (3)
No Pork (2)
214 middle of the island catering co Reviews

Food was delicious and the service was amazing! As the bride and groom, we were served our dinner by the MOI staff. The staff was friendly and made sure all guests were taken care of. The food was DELICIOUS! They cut our cake for us and made sure we left with to-go containers after doing our "exit" from the reception.

Profile Picture Kayleigh, 4/14/18, 10 Reviews
Services Used: Buffet, Stations

We used Middle of the Island for our rehearsal dinner and my oh my---my wedding guests are STILL talking about their/our food. I have dreams- the most amazing dreams about MOI’s collard greens and I don’t even like collard greens! The fried chicken…wow– (stop it Popeyes and every other fried chicken place because MOI has won that game)…. Everything was incredible from their set-up and immaculate service to the quality of their food. Having such a large menu with many options to choose from, my husband and I thought quality and taste of food would go overlooked – quite the opposite. The food is incredible. You cannot----I repeat CANNOT go wrong with Middle of the Island (unless you like 400+ miles away because once you taste it, you will be dreaming about when you can get your hands on it again)…..it other words: I would crash a wedding or an event they are catering just so I can have some of their food…again. An excellent operation and excellent food that's incredibly priced. THANK YOU MOI!

Profile Picture Lauryn, 12/30/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Catering

Wow! I can't even begin to express how amazing Middle of the Island was for our wedding! They truly went above and beyond to make our day extra special. The staff was so incredibly sweet and checked in on us throughout the night, they made sure we ate and drank water which was honestly a total life saver. Furthermore, the food was INCREDIBLE! 3 weeks later I am still getting comments from people on how tasty all the food was. I would highly suggest MOI for catering, they are affordable, delicious, and their staff will knock it out of the park.

Profile Picture Kaitlyn, 11/10/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: American

Middle of the Island was amazing for both our rehearsal dinner and our wedding reception! They are highly accommodating and easy to work with, not to mention the food is delicious. You cannot go wrong with MOI. We had the Italian buffet for our rehearsal dinner which was perfectly filling for the night before our wedding. For the big night we had the Wedding Favorite. Everything was perfect. During cocktail hour we were out on a 400 foot pier taking pics with our family and bridal/groom parties and they came out with trays of our appetizers to feed us! How awesome!!! They were sure to make us a plate and box our food up for us so that we had food to come back to after our after party. They clearly know and have worked in all the venues in Wilmington and came in to our venue with little to no direction and did their thing. So easy and stress free, & everyone left with full bellies. It could not have gone more smoothly. All of the servers had smiles on their faces and served our guests efficiently. Everything was cleaned up as if they were not even there. We are so grateful! THANK YOU MOI!!

Profile Picture Lia, 11/4/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Wine, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, American, Italian

Y'all, do not hesitate in booking MOI. I was an out of town bride who only got to be in Wilmington one time before the wedding, and food was the LAST thing I stressed about because of their staff. After the ceremony and taking pictures, I was literally bombarded by my guests who could not stop talking about the grilled cheese and tomato soup shooters for cocktail hour!! And during the reception, their staff was so attentive and caring to us and our guests. Our families are still talking about the food!

Profile Picture Brittni, 11/3/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering

Middle of the Island is always a hit! You can’t go wrong with these guys. Their staff is always so pleasant and efficient. When my groom and I were shown to our seats at our table, we were immediately given plates full of food from the buffet—a pleasant surprise that allowed us to shovel in a couple of forkfuls before heading off to mingle at each table with our guests. They packed up leftovers for us as well, which was so nice to have later that night when the party was over!

Profile Picture Judith, 10/28/17, 9 Reviews
Services Used: Buffet, Cocktail Reception, American

What can I say about MOI except - they were amazing. The food was incredible - we have gotten some many compliments on it! MOI was so easy to work with! The servers were so attentive! I didn't have to ask for anything because they knew what I wanted before I did! They were fast, efficient and non-intrusive - they practically blended in to the background! If I ever need another caterer - MOI is my only choice.

Profile Picture Dorothy, 10/21/17, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Stations

My wife and I got married this past month and Middle of the Island catered our wedding-they were absolutely amazing! Everyone said the food was out of this world and it was the best wedding dinner they have ever had (the squash casserole is to die for)! The attendants were so great! They were so friendly and very professional. They made sure everyone was well taken care of and packed everything up for us at the end of the night. I highly recommend them to everyone! We will definitely hire them for our next event!

Profile Picture SARAH, 10/21/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

MOI is the bomb!!! The food was awesome; we went with the Boardwalk Bash. One word - YUMMY. The staff was great and CM was great to work! Highly recommend

Profile Picture Ellen, 9/16/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: American, Buffet

I have absolutely NOTHING negative to say!!! It was truly top notch! The service was amazing. They waited on every guest hand and foot making sure everyone was completely satisfied! And we were! My husband and I are pretty relaxed people so we went with the fried chicken. Yes, friend chicken at a wedding! Lol, and it was soooo good!!! No one could stop talking about it! Oh, and don't worry they can go much fancier and it is all amazing!!! They can provide everything you possibly could need: Full bar, Dinner, Cocktail hour (By the way, the shrimp and grits are to die for!!!), ect. Whatever you choose, I assure you will not find any regret here!!!

Profile Picture Meka, 9/9/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

The food at MOI is delicious with a great variety! CM and his team are a well-oiled machine! They were helpful, happy, and always made sure I had everything I needed. Rightfully so, MOI is also highly regarded by all of the other vendors I used. If you want wedding food that people actually want to eat, MOI is for you!

Profile Picture Holli, 8/26/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: American, Stations

Use them! They fit our tight budget and everyone raved about the food. Easy to work with and they don't disappoint, you will get so many compliments! My groom has high standards for food and he was in heaven.

Profile Picture User7376342, Recently Married, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

Boy oh boy were we and ALL of our guest impressed. The food was out of this world for our wedding and the guest couldn't get enough nor stop talking about it. The quality and professionalism was top notch. From the ease of planning and flexibility from their many food packages to the wonderful service provided on the day of the wedding, we coulkdnt be happier. We highly recommend MOI for any of your catering needs. We definitely got the most bang for our buck with them and were highly impressed with their services for our big day.

Profile Picture Kenneth, 8/11/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

I wish I could give Middle of the Island extra stars! The food was amazing (definitely get the squash casserole!), and their staff was so helpful, professional, and friendly. On the day of the wedding, they arrived early and were incredibly efficient with both setup and breakdown. They really went above and beyond the call of duty, from offering to make up plates for my new husband and me, to helping my mother who was trying to arrange the dessert table. Their flexibility too is extraordinary - while we booked them several months in advance, they were responsive to changes up to the week of the wedding, and were so calm and cheerful over the phone and in person. If I ever cater a large event in the future, I will definitely use Middle of the Island, and I highly recommend them to anyone who is looking for a caterer in the Wilmington area!

Profile Picture Laura, 7/14/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

Cannot say enough positive things about CM and the staff at MOI! Holy cow! The food first off is so delicious! From the appetizers to the main meal, everything was so flavorful, fresh and wonderful. They traveled from Wilmington to Raleigh for our event and even still, no dry wedding chicken! Leading up to the event, CM was the easiest, most calm person to work with. No matter when I called or emailed he was always quick to respond with such a positive attitude! Always ending the call saying to call him for any questions, thoughts or concerns. Most vendors say this, but he was serious and genuine making the whole process seamless. We didnt even have to worry about our guest count or final menu till about a week before the wedding! The staff on the day of were just as wonderful as CM. We had a sweetheart table and were continually checked on by a staff member to make sure we were enjoying ourselves and taken care of. Guests continually told us they were well taken care of and all staff members were beyond friendly! They even stepped in and served our cake and provided plates as well as silverware when we hadn't even talked to them about it! They just came prepared and eager to do whatever necessary to make sure there was not a worry in the world for us or our families during the reception! From food to service, everything was absolutely perfect!

Profile Picture Rachel, 6/10/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Vegetarian, Buffet, Hors d'oeuvres, American, House Beer, House Wine

MOI was perfect for our wedding day! CM and his crew are so responsive and reliable. We did not have to worry a thing the day of.

Leading up to the wedding, CM was so accommodating to any needs that we had. He customized our bar and brought gluten free items when we requested last minute the week before. CM was always available to answer any questions (usually get a call back within hours!).

Everyone loved the food. It has been all the rave from my friends and family.

Highly recommend CM for your wedding day!

Profile Picture Lisa, 5/20/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Specialty Beer, Buffet, Hors d'oeuvres, American, Gluten Free

I knew from the beginning that I was going to have Middle of the Island do our catering for our reception and I couldn't have been happier!!! The process of hiring them for our event was made so easy all the way to the end. We made a food tasting appointment and met CM for the first time and he was absolutely amazing!! He was so nice and the food he prepared for our tasting was incredible!! The day of our wedding his staff went above and beyond to make sure my husband and I got treated like a king and queen. They were constantly checking on us to make sure we were ok on food and and drinks and making sure that our guest were happy. They even prepared us a to go box to take with us at the end of the night and cut the cake for our guest!! They kept the nasty plates cleaned off of the tables so no dirty dishes were seen hanging around. They were so very polite and professional!!! The food was amazing!! We got the pork loin, marinated chicken, squash casserole, mac n cheese, strawberry spinach salad, green beans, corn, roasted potatoes and biscuits!! Nobody left hungry!!! All around top notch!!!

Profile Picture Tonya, 5/20/17, 12 Reviews
Services Used: Buffet, American

Don't be weirded out by the lack of deposit for these guys, they WILL show up and get the job done. CM answered all of my questions whenever I called, stuck to the prices, no funny business. The food was delicious, his staff took care of us like a king and queen. The passed appetizers were delicious, and they did a great job serving. He allows you to bring your own alcohol and his crew will serve, or you can use his drinks. We brought our own, and we LOVED his bartenders. They brought the party...and were liberal with the shots. I can't say enough!

Profile Picture Leah, 4/29/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: American, Vegetarian, Buffet, Hors d'oeuvres

MOI catered our wedding and they were amazing. We had buffet style with some passed appetizers. Not only was the food delicious, the staff were friendly, helpful and professional. I am still hearing from our guests how great the food was, almost a month later!

Profile Picture Lexy, 4/8/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Catering

What can I say - I wish we had so much more extras! Every bite we took was insanely delicious. My guests are still commenting on how wonderful the food was. They also provided our liquor and bartender and my guests thoroughly enjoyed themselves. Everyone was professional but also so caring. We saw many of the staff crying during the father/daughter dance. It was so wonderful to see how much they were engrossed in our day!

Profile Picture Abigail, 4/1/17, 11 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Premium Liquor, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine, Vegetarian, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, American, Italian

Best and most scrumptious catered food! It was full of flavor and so tasty. There is not one thing that did not taste great. Everyone at my wedding was raving about the food. The entire waitstaff was also so polite and very helpful. They made our day more enjoyable.

Profile Picture Taryn, 3/17/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

To be honest, we didn’t even taste test our food. My now husband and his family have had MOI food several times and highly recommended them. Turns out, I really didn’t need to. The food was phenomenal! You can’t go wrong with the chicken, prime rib, or the creamed corn! So good! The staff was so awesome and made sure we were completely taken care of the entire time! We had several compliments on the food and service. We can’t thank MOI enough for catering to us and our guests – they helped create our most favorite day!

Profile Picture Alexis, 3/17/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres

There were not many things I knew for sure when starting to plan my wedding, but what I did know far before even getting engaged was that I wanted Middle of the Island to cater my wedding! I have been to numerous events that MOI has catered and they are top notch! Everything is scrumptious - I love the squash casserole! The owner, CM, makes EVERYTHING easy for you! CM has this company down to a science and always comes through with stellar food and works with you to have the menu you love for your big day! Thank you, CM and Middle of the Island Catering, for your amazing food and staff members that made my wedding day spectacular! There is no better catering company in town!!!

Profile Picture Melissa, 3/11/17, 10 Reviews
Services Used: American, Buffet, Hors d'oeuvres, Stations

Middle of the Island was the perfect choice for us - we needed to cut costs but we didn't want to cut quality and in our search multiple independent resources directed us to MOI. We selected the 'Wedding Favorite' - it offered huge variety and given that we actually got to taste everything on the menu the night of our wedding, we can vouch that it was ALL delicious! The servers were also wonderful. They took extra special care of us - the bride and groom - and our family, in addition to generally providing excellent service to everyone. And we heard about what great food we had for days after! MOI is an excellent choice no matter what your catering needs or budget!!!

Profile Picture Ashley, 1/21/17, 7 Reviews