40 Reviews for Mermaid Entertainment and Event Center and Mounds View AmericInn Hotel and Suites

Chairs (5)
Accommodations (3)
Outside Cake (3)
Covered Outdoor (2)
Cake (1)
39 Mermaid Entertainment and Event Center and Mounds View AmericInn Hotel and Suites Reviews

I checked around at many venues and Mermaid was the best! They have everything available in sight! Ceremony and reception as well as catering and DJ and decorating and cake info that is so affordable. Conveniently connected to AmericInn for guests and family!

Profile Picture Julie, 8/10/18, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Accommodations, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Chairs, Covered Outdoor, Linens

We had a very positive experience for our son's wedding. It was so nice having everything under one roof! It enabled us to have more quality family and friend time. The Americinn was an excellent accommodation for all our guests and so convenient. Natallia very helpful and quick to respond. The Chef went out of his way to assure we had the meal we wanted. The rehearsal and reception plated dinners were delicious and attractive. Kim, was very attentive to our needs. Making sure we and our guests were cared for. Checking in with us through out both evenings, making sure our event was memorable. The servers were friendly, timely, and accommodating. Thank you all! K&J Has

Profile Picture Jean, 2/17/18, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

I can not wait for my wedding to take place here. Natallia had been nothing but wonderful to work with. She is very accommodating and reply's back within a short amount of time. I originally booked the Atlanta's ballroom but later decided that I would be happier in the Coral Bay Room. I had a bit of a panic attack and emailed her in the hopes that I could switch rooms. She reassured me that everything will work out and was very quick to switch the rooms for me without any additional fees. I have walked through the venue several times and love everything this venue has to offer. The packages are very well priced and I feel that you get the most bang for your buck! My fiance and I love bowling and loved the idea of having the rehearsal dinner at the same location since they offer free bowling during this time.

Profile Picture Samantha, 6/10/17, 11 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Covered Outdoor, Indoor, Outside Cake, Accommodations, Cake, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Linens, Chairs

I would highly recommend this to any newly engaged couples. Having our rehearsal, ceremony, reception & hotel accommodations all right there was so convenient not only for us, but especially for our bridal party & guests. Carol was always quick to respond to any questions we have. The food was delicious! Our guest count was around 260 & the price was well within our budget and they make it very simple for you as well. We had our rental fees, food, desert (cheesecake from Muddy Paws), liquor & DJ all within one bill so it made it easier to pay rather than paying several different vendors.

Profile Picture Kayla, 2/11/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Chairs, Linens, Indoor, Event Planning, Event Rentals

The place is a beautiful venue. Natalia and her team made my special day amazing. I can not tell her and her staff enough how happy I was with the look of the place the food and the staff who served our family. Everyone was so accommodating and helpful and really helped us have the wedding we have been dreaming up this whole time. Thank you mermaid event center, thank you to all the staff/ servers, bartenders and people who set up for our Gregg and Ashley February.4.2017 wedding . It was so amazing. You all are the best .I would highly recommend the mermaid to any one for there wedding.

Profile Picture ASHLEY, 2/4/17, 1 Review
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

Our daughter and her husband had their wedding ceremony/reception and groom's dinner at the Mermaid Event Center. Everything was wonderful for both events. Carol Aune and her staff were amazing and so easy to work with. Carol helped out with suggestions and was always available to answer questions. We have had a number of compliments on how beautiful everything was and it all went off without a "hitch". The staff were very accommodating and helpful. The transition from ceremony to reception went seamlessly and Carol's team took care of setting up everything - from center pieces to aisle décor. We would definitely recommend the Mermaid for wedding or any event!

Profile Picture Corlyn, 1/15/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Outside Cake, Linens, Indoor, Chairs, Accommodations, Event Planning, Event Rentals

We worked with Carol Aune. She was very professional and paid attention to every detail. It was for my Granddaughters wedding.
My gift to the Bride and Groom.
Many positive comments about the food, decorations and set up.

Profile Picture Judy, 9/25/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Cake

The Mermaid was an excellent choice and location for our wedding. We booked the Garden Tent, which once decorated, is beautiful! We hosted our reception there for approximately 100 people and provided a buffet meal and free beer and wine with a cash bar option. The cost was an extremely great value. With the Mermaid, we felt like we got the most bang for our budget. The staff that worked our wedding (bar tender, event planners, servers etc) were all very friendly and professional. The food provided by the Mermaid restaurant was delicious, many of our guests commented how much they enjoyed the meal. The thing about the Mermaid is that they have their stuff together, you work with an event planner who can keep up with all your ideas and keep it organized. They know what they're doing, pick them and you're in good hands.
I can't say enough about our particular event planner, Carol, she was a dream come true. This woman KNOWS what she is doing and will do everything to make sure your event goes off without a hitch. I highly recommend this venue for your reception/party/event!

Profile Picture Cheri, 9/19/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

The Mermaid was the perfect place for us for our wedding venue. We held out reception in the Coral Bay ball room and it was amazing. We were very well informed of everything throughout the process. Natalia was very accommodating and answered all of my questions. The staff was very friendly and quick. The only complaint we had was the food was cold. I understand serving 250 that is very likely to happen. It was still very good! The staff was great about informing my dad and my father in-law about where we were on the kegs and if we wanted to tap a new one.
I would highly recommend the Mermaid for a reception hall. You can't beat their price and value!

Profile Picture User4499977, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

The Mermaid was the perfect venue for us! We used the tent for the ceremony and the Coral Bay Ballroom for our reception, and both were just beautiful! The venue was very flexible, and Carol was the best. She was super responsive and open to all of our out-of-the-ordinary requests (vegetarian menu, no disposable barware...). She also had some great suggestions of her own. When we were touring the facility, my now husband commented that his family might leave the reception to go downstairs and play pool, and Carol came up with the idea to let us rent a pool table and move it upstairs by the ballroom. We immediately knew this was the place for us! The pool table was a huge hit, and it was so fun to go bowling after our rehearsal dinner the night before, too. We had a few issues with the AmericInn next door, but in spite of that, I would highly recommend The Mermaid to anyone. Thank you, Carol!

Profile Picture Janelle, 8/1/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

I was trying to figure out how to not give this venue a 5 out of 5 on their rating, but honestly they were so flexible and responsive throughout the whole wedding process. Carol Aune and her whole team have it down to a science on how and when things get done. She helped me stay on track through my wedding timeline and made sure things were taken care of for us, We got married on a Friday, and I loved it! Their wedding packages at the Mermaid were so well put together and you got a lot of deals for getting married on a Friday.
I would recommend this venue for anyone's wedding or next big party. They are wonderful and how exactly what to do to make your day feel special.

Profile Picture User4236276, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We had the most wonderful time planning and having our wedding at The Mermaid. After a significant amount of research on weddings in the Twin Cities, The Mermaid was by far the best bang for our buck. Throughout the planning process, The Mermaid provided everything that we needed in order to make our wedding day perfect. Carol was absolutely amazing! My fiancé and I was living in Pennsylvania and did about 20 months of the wedding planning long distance. Carol made the planning process easier and worked with us via email, phone and even made time to see us so we could finalize things when we were in Minnesota visiting. We moved back to Minnesota 4 months before our wedding and already had the majority of plans already set in place. The service on our actual wedding day was top notch, and our guests consistently remarked that ours was one of the best weddings they had ever been to throughout the night. The Mermaid’s staff was very attentive and professional. We also held our groom’s dinner at the Mermaid the night before and the food was delicious! Thank you, to everyone who made our day so perfect!

Profile Picture Felisha, 9/13/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Carol at the Mermaid was the best there is..over the top happy with everything she did..there is not one thing we would have changed..I would recommend her to anyone..We will talk about this for a very long time!!

Profile Picture User3243958, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Our son was married in March in California. We wanted to do a Minnesota reception for all the family and friends that were unable to attend the wedding. March 1st would were told he could have leave to come home the second week of June and he wanted a more casual reception for this one. We were able to secure the "tent" at the Mermaid which looked beautiful that night and added menu items that we wanted. We did an hors d'oeuvres from cheeseburger slider bar to lumpia to an ice cream sundae station instead of a wedding cake. The staff was great and was on top of everything. Carol checked on us during the evening and the bartender was pleasant and professional and our guests loved chatting with her. It was a great evening and most importantly for us it was a stress free evening. I would definitely recommend the Mermaid.

Profile Picture Kathy, 6/14/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I was a bride on a low budget, but still wanted the feel of an elegant wedding and the Mermaid delivered in spades! The chicken cordon bleu was amazing! We had Carol as our wedding coordinator and she was so patient with all my questions and changes throughout the process. She understood my vision and was with me the entire way. I must have sent her over 50 emails from the time we booked the site to the wedding day and she was always professional, personable and friendly. She explained legalities in a way that we understood. Loved her!!! One of the other reasons we chose the venue is the hotel attached. We had people come in from out of town and we hung out at the bar/restaurant/bowling alley/pool tables all weekend. There was so much to do in one location that we didn't need to go anywhere else!

Profile Picture User4174679, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I would highly recommend the Mermaid for your wedding reception. They responded almost immediately to every question I had through the planning process, and even came to check in with how things were going during the reception. They also took care of coordinating with other vendors, set up all the centerpieces and place settings, and also set up the cake table, name card table, and gift table. The food was great; We received tons of complements from guests that their food was very good. And we were table to take home the left over meals no one ate but we paid for. It was a great event and I would choose them if I had to do it all over again!

Profile Picture Sami, 9/7/13, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

I would totally recommend the mermaid to anyone. They helped us out so much with whatever we needed or if we had any questions. All the staff was nice and if they didnt know the answer they would go find someone right away that did. Everyone always had a smile on their face and acted like they wanted to be there. Every good food, all our guest commented on how great it was. Thanks so much Carol Aune for everything you did for us as well you are Awesome!!!! Thanks again :)

Profile Picture lacy, 9/6/13, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I would recommend the Mermaid Event Center to anyone! The facilities were amazing and the event staff were on top of everything. A big thanks to Carol Aune who made our day possible. She was always there for us when we had questions or wanted to change details about how we wanted things set up. She is full of great knowledge and will make sure your wedding reception will flow smoothly! Thanks again for everything!

Profile Picture User3548990, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I highly recommend the Mermaid Entertainment Center in Mounds View, MN for anyone looking for an amazing event venue. You will not find a better coordinator than Natallia, she covers every detail for you and offers amazing suggestions you may not have thought of previously! Our reception turned out better than expected with her help and her decorating advice.
Mermaids 'Coral Bay' ballroom is amazing as is with prelit ceiling lights. The staff is so courteous and helpful at the end of the evening for clean up; we would not have gotten that done on our own :)

Profile Picture User2906339, 2+ years ago, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Planning a wedding can be such a stressful time, expecially when it comes down to the final week or two. The Mermaid (specifically, Carol) provided such excellent service, always answered questions promptly and had everything completely organized and taken care of, definitely relieving alot of stress! I also really appreciated Melissa taking care of all details of the Atlantis Room, arranging everything so beautifully. Everything turned out perfect!

Profile Picture Joan, 7/26/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Mermaid Event Center made our reception stress free and took care of EVERYTHING we needed. Over the last year Carol has been GREAT! She has been always been thorough and responsive! RUN don't walk to the Mermaid for your reception! You can't beat the value!
THANK YOU MERMAID! THANK YOU CAROL!

Profile Picture Jacke, 5/26/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Great food and very friendly service! They did an awesome job decorating and making sure every thing I needed was met!

Profile Picture jessica, 8/14/10, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Working with The Mermaid and Carol Back in particular was one of my greatest experiences while planning my wedding. She was not the first planner that we met with or signed on with at The Mermaid, but stayed with us through the year and our event. Carol is excellent at her job, and really made us feel like The Mermaid wanted our business. They made certain exceptions to their rules and helped us in more ways then I thought a reception hall ever would. For example, when our church would not allow us to get in until 1 hour before the ceremony, The Mermaid offered us two rooms to get ready in so that we could just leave our stuff and cars at the site and get them once we were done getting married - two rooms for only $100 rented from 6am-9pm! This saved us tons of stress moving people around, we were able to have our transportation pick us up at The Mermaid before the wedding and then return there after - no cars to shuffle, no bags to haul. It was wonderful. The Mermaid was our favorite vendor by far and we would love to work with them again. As far as the catering, the food was from what I hear, some of the best the guests had ever had at a wedding. I didn't get to eat a whole lot, but from what I tasted at the wedding and tasting, I knew it was good! Kudos to the whole Mermaid team, each person did a wonderful job at helping us get through the wedding day without any snags. A++++

Profile Picture R, 1/9/10, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We worked with Carol at the Mermaid. I think she was our top favorite person to work with through the entire planning process. Carol helped us understand things were didn't think we would ever comprehend. We had our wedding on a Friday night and saved lots of $$. Carol did a WONDERFUL job walking us through every detail, and still there were times I was confused or couldn't visualize the setup. I knew we were doing something a little non-traditional having the ceremony and reception at the same place, but having our guest sit at tables. When I came into the tent on rehearsal night, I was blown away!!!! Carol did an EXCELLENT job putting things together!

The day of our wedding, she was there and was able to help with any last minute details. She even held the door as I walked into the tent for the first time. The food portions at the Mermaid were ridiculously large. My husband and I til this day are sad we couldn't eat any of it (who eats on your wedding day, I thought it was a myth, but we seriously couldn't).

The hotel room was great and we appreciated the bottle of champagne and card left for us from Carol.

I have to give the Mermaid 5 stars, because our ceremony, reception, rehersal, hotel room, guest rooms, food, and staff were amazing!! There was one thing out of anyone's control. Who would have thought that the first snow fall would come on our wedding night, 10/09/2009, which meant it was pretty chilly!

Profile Picture Sara, 10/9/09, 4 Reviews