Mayfield Events Reviews

177 | Dallas, TX

177 Reviews for Mayfield Events

Megan · Married on 05/30/2015

Mayfield Events was the best money we spent on our wedding. Laura's service was ABSOLUTELY INVALUABLE...from our first meeting, she was very professional and organized, giving us a detailed planning book so that we could have as much or little say in our music as we wanted. She was so fun and easy to work with throughout the whole process, and was very willing to go above and beyond to take care of what we needed, whether it was an extra meeting to make sure everything was in place, offering to pick up our drinks, or going out to get a cake server on the day of the wedding when we discovered we had forgotten it!! Everything went so smoothly during the day and I know it's because Laura was hustling behind the scenes! We didn't meet her husband Jason til the wedding day, but he was very friendly and did an excellent job managing our crowd. And the music itself?? We had a very diverse crowd esp. age-wise, and the dance floor was full the ENTIRE night. I can't recommend these folks highly enough. They are the best investment you could make in your wedding day!

Sent on 07/14/2015

Genevieve · Married on 05/23/2015

Laura and Jason were phenomenal to work with. As two individuals with full time jobs, my now husband and i really didn't have ample time to plan our wedding and we didn't think about hiring a wedding planner. But Laura and Jason of Mayfield Events made it so seamless for us! They got all our music down path, and even the attendees had so much fun. Mind you, our wedding happened during a day that the forecast was 100% rain and thunderstorm! Amidst all that, Mayfield Event made our wedding reception memorable... Thankfully it didn't storm either :)

Sent on 06/11/2015

Nolen · Married on 05/22/2015

I absolutely love the Mayfields. I've known them for a few years, and as a wedding vendor myself, have even worked the same weddings as them on occasion. They do customer service as well as anyone in the industry, and take their work very seriously. They do an incredible amount of work to make the wedding day as seamless as possible for the bride & groom. They're thorough, friendly, and genuine. I can't imagine a better vendor for their services. Use them! You won't regret it!

Sent on 06/17/2015
  • Addy Tolliver

Adeline · Married on 05/16/2015

I hired Laura and Mayfield Events for day of coordination, lighting, DJ-ing and MC-ing, and photobooth and I could not be happier. My wedding went perfectly and the Mayfields went above and beyond to make that possible. I love that they were a one stop shop and a family business. I definitely recommend them!

Sent on 06/30/2015

Jennifer · Married on 04/25/2015

Mayfield Events is the best vendor you can possibly book for your wedding! We booked Laura Mayfield as our day-of-events coordinator for our reception and Jason Mayfield as our DJ. They also provided us with an awesome photo booth that all of our guests really enjoyed! Jason did an awesome job being our DJ! He kept the night flowing and kept our guests entertained all night. He also set up super cool lighting at the reception. It looked great! Mayfield Events exceeded our expectations by far. From the first day my husband and I met with Laura, she was very organized and provided us with an extremely helpful wedding resource book with suggestions for every part of the ceremony/reception. I loved all the detail! My husband and I filled it out with everything we hoped our wedding would be and the day of the wedding she executed everything we wanted perfectly! She showed up early in the day and helped us decorate the reception venue. Even though we only booked her to help with the reception, she still showed up at the ceremony site and helped us clean up everything, gather all of our bridal party things out of the bridal suite, and get us to the reception on time. Laura got my husband and I food and drinks and kept the night flowing according to our plan. She made sure my husband and I were having fun and didn't have a thing to worry about all night! My husband jokes that we should get divorced so we can remarry and have Mayfield Events at our wedding again! All of our guests were very impressed with them! Laura is so very sweet and helpful and made me feel like everything was taken care of on my wedding day. As a bride, that really means a lot! I truly can't thank Mayfield events enough for everything they did to make our wedding perfect.

Sent on 11/17/2015

Mayfield Events knows what they are doing. Period.

From the very start, Mayfield Events did everything they could do to make our big day special and flow well. Laura met with me on multiple occasions and kept consistent contact with me throughout the wedding planning processes. They are an organized business who knows the industry, aesthetics, planning, music, staging, lighting and how to value people.

One of my favorite things about my experience with Mayfield Events is that my guests NEVER questioned where to go or what was going on at the time. They planned and executed the night perfectly.

There were tornadoes and very bad thunderstorms right when my ceremony was supposed to begin. The guests were stuck in their cars, not able to walk to the chapel because of the downpour. Laura remained calm, assessed the situation and presented me with multiple options on moving forward. She is quick on her feet and through the entire time (it got quite chaotic), I had the confidence for her to make decisions that were best for me and the guests.

Mayfield Events takes the time to get to know you. They are intentional about getting to know your likes, style, preferences, etc.

One of the best things about this amazing business is that they are kind people. They care about taking care of their customers and doing everything with excellence. They are skilled in their craft. I could not have asked for a better DJ/day-of wedding coordinator.

Lastly, Mayfield Events COMMUNICATES! Email, text, phone call, meetings, etc. I never once had a question that wasn't answered within a short amount of time. They clearly communicated everything that they were doing the day of the wedding.

My wedding would not have been the same without Mayfield Events. If you are looking for a DJ that is professional (not cheesy!), kind, hard-working, a great communicator and is a lot of fun... BOOK MAYFIELD EVENTS!

Sent on 05/29/2015
  • W

William · Married on 04/19/2015

Mayfield Events was really great to work with and I highly recommend them. They did everything they said they were going to do at a great price with no hidden fees. They were really fun to be around and did a awesome job at our wedding reception.

Sent on 04/22/2015
  • Amy

Amy · Married on 03/28/2015

Laura was absolutely amazing! The songs were perfect, the lighting was gorgeous and the music was great. I don't know what we would have done without Mayfield!

Sent on 03/31/2015

Abbey · Married on 03/15/2015

The mayfields were absolutely amazing! The worked so hard on my wedding and made sure every single detail was perfect!

Sent on 03/26/2015

Jason and Laura Mayfield helped me coordinate the lighting at my wedding and did a fabulous job. I had several special requests and changed my mind frequently about several options. They were kind and accommodated my every wish.

Sent on 04/05/2015

Norma · Married on 03/14/2015

Laura & Jason were SO AMAZING! They helped down to the very last detail and were so efficient. We love how caring and fun they are to work with. They were very attentive to the audience and took care of anything that came up. We could not have had the wedding of our dreams without the great team of Mayfield Events! Mayfield Events is the BEST in DJ, Lighting, and Coordination Services. We are lucky, because we came across some phenomenal people during a very important time in our lives. :)

Sent on 04/08/2015

Bristol · Married on 03/08/2015

Seriously the best DJ I could have ever asked for! They kept the party going, there was never a time when people werent on the dance floor and when it started to die down, they brought it back up. They made the night completely about us, they made sure our night went very smooth and always made sure we were taken care of. They have an awesome book that you fill out that pretty much helps you plan the entire wedding and makes sure you don't miss the little things that a lot of people forget about. I would highly recommend this DJ to anyone because not only were they amazing DJS but they were genuine people! Thank you Mayfield events!

Sent on 03/10/2015

Brenda · Married on 03/08/2015

Mayfield Events is hands down the BEST DJ in DFW. Laura is amazing and took the time to personally meet with us a few times and provided us with a detailed planning book for my daughter's wedding that gave her ideas which gave clarity with regard to all the details for music. She has a unique ability to quickly put you at ease yet remain completely professional. The guests at our wedding have raved about our awesome DJ's. They did not make it about them but about the bride and groom and kept the dance floor hopping. A funny story that shows the character of this team, one of the bridesmaid got Laura mixed up with the caterer as she walked by and asked her for more chips and salsa. Laura graciously obliged and went and got her more without uttering a word! Only when the bride and groom told her who she was did the bridesmaid know and was so embarrassed. Laura was so sweet about it. I am so glad we found Mayfield events and would trust them with planning, coordinating and running any event. They are quite the team!

Sent on 03/10/2015

Erin · Married on 03/07/2015

We received numerous compliments on Laura and her husband Jason. In our initial meeting, Laura provided detailed information and was extremely organized. She is intentional with her clients and really takes time to get to know interests, vision for wedding day, likes/dislikes, etc. She is great at follow up as well as follow through which is extremely comforting when you are planning a wedding! My now husband and I are not even dancers but our friends are. Everyone was dancing and loving the music thanks to the Mayfield team! I would HIGHLY recommend this awesome couple to DJ your wedding!

Sent on 05/07/2015

Camille · Married on 02/28/2015

Laura and Mayfield events are wonderful! They went above and beyond my expectations and I couldn't be happier! The weather ended up being icy and snowy but it went off without a hitch thanks to them! Mayfield provided day of coordination, dj, hosting and the photo booth (which was a hit!). My venue was completely DIY and if I didn't have Laura and her team I don't know what I would've done! Communication was fantastic often checking in with me as time got closer. I can't say enough positive things about Mayfield events. I would hire them over and over again!! Thanks again for all you did to make our day so special!!

Sent on 03/09/2015

Michelle · Married on 02/21/2015

Mayfield Events helped make my dream wedding possible! I was fortunate enough to be chosen as the winner of the 2014 Dream Wedding Reception! With this incredible package, I received: event planning services, lighting at my reception, a personalized monogram, breathtaking bistro lights strung above my dancefloor, incredibly upbeat DJs, hosting services at the reception, a fun photo booth with props, and (my personal favorite) a cloud dancefloor on which my husband and I had our first dance.

The Mayfields are so professional, very detailed oriented, and they truly care about making your wedding experience unique to you as a couple. I would fully recommend them to anyone looking for DJ or event planning services for their event! I was so lucky to have them be a part of my wedding. Their services helped make the night a truly unforgettable experience.

Sent on 02/28/2015

Janice · Married on 02/07/2015

Mayfield Events is by far a class act, Laura and Jason are extremely professional, and kind people, they made the wedding extra special in so may ways. I can't imagine the day without them, this is the second wedding they were a part of and hope to be able to have them be a part of the next big event in our family.

Sent on 02/11/2015

Spenser · Married on 02/07/2015

Mayfield Events put on a spectacular wedding! We used them as a DJ, officiant, and for helping plan our special day. The decorations were absolutely stunning, and they totally transformed our venue to make it look amazing. The music was spot on, and all the DJ services were fantastic. We could not have been happier with Mayfield events, everything was perfect!

Sent on 02/24/2015

Mayfield Events is fantastic. Jason and Laura went above and beyond for our wedding. They ran both our ceremony and reception flawlessly. I never had to worry or stress about anything during the wedding. Everything was perfectly organized throughout the night and they would let you know when it was time for cake cutting, your first dance, bouquet toss, and etc.
    The music and lighting was incredible. The lighting around the room turned the venue into a different place when the dancing started. They played all kind of music and everyone was out on the dance floor at some point. We got tons of compliments about how smoothly the wedding ran and how much fun the reception was. All the credit goes to the Mayfield's for the fantastic job they did at our wedding!

Sent on 03/04/2015

Betty · Married on 01/31/2015

Laura is very easy to work with. She listens to the Bride and allows her to make decisions about her big day. She does not push her ideas on you. She is very well organized and so very willing to help any way that she can.

Sent on 02/26/2015

The Mayfield's are true professionals! They have great attention to detail. When the crunch time came and I really needed the vendors to just make it happen, Laura and her husband were there.
    I didn't have to worry. The music was what we requested and they kept the evening moving. It was hard to decide what all the music should be so they had great recommendations. They get to know the bride and groom and coach them through the timeline process.
    The wedding and reception was a resounding success with their help! You can't go wrong with hiring the best!

Sent on 02/10/2015

Mayfield Events's reply:

Thank you so much for this sweet review. We really enjoyed getting to know your family and sharing in the special moments! Thank you again!

Michelle · event on: 12/26/2014

My family would like to give Mayfield Events an outstanding 5 star review! The variety of amenities, flexibility and personal touch simply can’t be matched by anyone else. For our ten year anniversary we wanted to have a vowel renewal ceremony with a reception. My husband and I really had no idea how to navigate our ideas of what we wanted, but Laura and Jason took the challenge with ease and designed the evening to flow beautifully. Since we were doing a vowel renewal, we didn’t care much to have a minister and Jason was kind enough to offer to “officiate” that for us. He was remarkable in the way he spoke about our ten year journey together! We were offered several different options for songs, accent lights and even a special monogram that was elegantly placed on the back wall. Not only did they provide a beautiful evening for us, they included songs that were requested by our guests, even our four year old daughter Zoey! I am thirty two years old and have NEVER seen my grandfather or my mother dance until our special night! I honestly don’t think that would have happened had we not had such an intimate, relaxed night full of dancing and music! It was purely magical memory thanks to Mayfield Events!

Sent on 01/10/2015

Mariah · Married on 11/22/2014

Laura and Jason at Mayfield Events were wonderful! They were always available whenever we needed something and were very quick to respond to questions. Their knowledge of planning out events was so helpful. Our wedding would not have turned out the way that it did without them. I have had many people contact me for their information because they were so impressed! I would not recommend anyone else.

Sent on 12/04/2014

Mayfield Events's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review! It was a pleasure to be a part of your day :)
    Best wishes for a wonderful marriage and holiday break!

Jackie · Married on 11/15/2014

Laura is AMAZING. I cannot put into words how helpful, kind, professional and wonderful she was during every aspect leading up to my wedding and the day of. She went above and beyond for everything. She was my day of coordinator and I am still getting compliments on how well put together the day was and how great it flowed from relatives and friends who thought that was me who planned it...haha, no Laura did it all! Laura and her husband also DJ'd my wedding and it was fabulous, the energy was spot on at every point in the evening and I was blown away at how she kept the energy level up as the night progressed and had people on the edge of their seats for the next dance song. Her husband emcee'd the night and made sure everything went off without a hitch.

In the days leading up to the event there was some cold weather that made us move the wedding inside instead of outside and Laura was with me every step of the way making sure everything was set to go as tables had to change and table cards needed reprinting. Her mother in law was a HUGE help as well as she literally took my table cards that had already been printed and edited them and re-printed for me within 1 day. This family just gets it done!! I truly don't know how I could have done it without her :)

I will absolutely use this awesome team again for anything and I HIGHLY suggest any and all of their capabilities which truly span the spectrum to anyone looking to plan an event in DFW (and beyond!).

Sent on 11/28/2014

Mayfield Events's reply:

Jackie, thank you so much for allowing Mayfield Events to be a small part of your wedding. It was such a pleasure to work with you. Thank you for taking the time to write this review.

Best wishes for along and happy marriage.

Tina · Married on 11/14/2014

As a once skeptical nervous bride planning my wedding, I have nothing but absolutely amazing things to say about Mayfield Events! I think we had quite an eclectic group of guests and variety of musical tastes and Laura catered to them all. From salsa to country to top 40 hits everyone was out on the dance floor. During the planning process, Laura was very attentive and double and triple checked everything I asked for. She gave me a VERY detailed planning book that left my bridesmaids wondering if she was the DJ or wedding planner :) We got so many compliments from our guests about the DJ, I would recommend them in a heartbeat. Mayfield Events also did the lighting for our wedding and gave excellent suggestions because lets face it, lighting is not exactly what the average bride or groom is well versed in. I'm glad I trusted their judgement on this because the reception looked great. You get what you pay for, and this team was well worth every penny!

Sent on 11/20/2014

Mayfield Events's reply:

We just loved getting to know your whole family and getting he opportunity to be a small part of your wedding. You guys are so amazing. Thank you and have a blessed new year.