Maui Weddings From The Heart Reviews

Maui Weddings From The Heart 5
Maui Weddings From The Heart 6
Maui Weddings From The Heart 7

Alicia · Married on 05/04/2011

Our wedding at Makena Cove on Maui was everything we hoped it would be and so much more! We wanted a beautiful wedding that we would always remember without having all the stresses of a “traditional” wedding. Maui Weddings from the Heart made our wedding planning experience such a stress free and enjoyable time. I was a little nervous about getting married on Maui since it would be our first trip to the island, but Maui Weddings from the Heart made it a dream come true. Shasta responded to each and every one of my numerous questions and eased all of my worries and concerns. Shasta referred me to DeeJay, a hair and makeup consultant that came to our condo to get me ready for our big day. DeeJay did a wonderful job and I could not have asked for more! The ceremony was picture perfect! Pastor Joe and videographer Brian treated us like we were long time friends and made our day the most memorable. Since our wedding was only the two of us, all our family and friends were able to view the ceremony on-line. Our wedding pictures and video are excellent quality and truly captured the moment. Maui Weddings from the Heart made our wedding day absolutely everything we hoped and dreamed of!

Kellie · Married on 04/28/2011

Shasta was incredible!! She took care of everything!!! Even making sure that she found jade orchids (which were off season) to be a part of my boquet and lei! The pictures she took were amazing! Everyone says so. I would refer anyone to her!!!

David · Married on 04/21/2011

Our entire experience with Maui Weddings from the Heart and Shasta Rose was terrific and we plan to have her plan and conduct our 5oth Wedding Vow Renewal in 12 years for our 50th. I'm sending along comments I previously made for 4 web site reviews.
    Vow Renewal Ceremony

Our Vow Renewal Ceremony was held in the Makena area of South Maui at Po’olenalena Beach on April 21, 2011. I selected “Maui Weddings from the Heart” to plan and conduct our ceremony. This was a total surprise for my wife and I found their web site from a link on a Maui Golf website I was reviewing prior to our trip. I studied three different companies for this event but selected Maui Weddings from the Heart after analyzing all three. The pre-planning conducted over the phone with Shasta Rose as well as via e-mail was very helpful. She advised me as to attire that would work best and what not to wear, the beach location, time of day for the ceremony, type of ceremony, flowers, etc. We were also in contact re: type of Lei that would work best and other details. After the ceremony, Shasta gave us a recommendation for a romantic restaurant for our celebration dinner.

The directions that she sent to me on how to find the particular beach were terrific. The minister was absolutely perfect for our ceremony. He was of Hawaiian decent which is what we preferred and did a wonderful job. His preparation for the ceremony was terrific. We had chosen a non-religious ceremony and Pastor Joe was incredible. Once we returned to Oregon, we wrote a personal letter to Pastor Joe with our deepest regards for his ceremony.

The picture taking process was very well done and very professional. Shasta was extremely good at getting the proper views to capture the moment along with the beautiful sunset that was occurring.
    Our pictures arrived by e-mail about a week ago for us to make our selections. We have e-mailed the link to many friends and family members for their comments and response with wonderful comments. Personally, we are very impressed with the photography that was accomplished and have e-mailed our selections for the final product to Shasta Rose. The e-mail traffic between Shasta and me has been very quick and she has responded to all of my requests and comments quickly.

A good friend of ours from Washington state has requested information re: our experience and recommendation, as they are going to be flying to Maui next year for their vow renewal on their 40th anniversary. I have sent this couple the web site information for Maui Weddings from the Heart, as I would recommend this company to anybody wishing to renew their wedding vows. The overall experience for this event was amazingly easy, thanks to Shasta Rose.

David & Linda Faller
    Albany, Oregon

Sent on 06/28/2011
  • W

Wendy · Married on 04/05/2011

I would recommmend the large bouquet. I went with the medium and should have went with the large.

Sent on 01/31/2012

Carol · Married on 04/01/2011

I did not have time for planning many logistics beyond hotel, the plane + the dress but wanted something special, natural, elegant in its simplicity for our wedding - two "seniors' who've been married before. I picked Shasta because I liked her website and the text of the ceremonies by Rev. Joe Miles. Everything went like clockwork - because Shasta knows what she is doing. Her beach location was spot-on for us. Directions and details all covered. Importantly, the photographs are stupendous. Every young girl in my circle of friends + family has declared, on viewing the photos, that she too will marry on the beach in Maui. And we'd like to do it again also. Every year.

Sent on 08/19/2011
  • I

Terra · Married on 03/18/2011

Maui Weddings from The Heart was stress free!! As a bride doing a destination wedding, I had no idea what to expect and was concerned arranging it online by someone I did not know. Shasta was very professional and prompt to my questions and/or concerns. She made the process very seamless which allowed me to enjoy the experience even more. I would recommend Maui Weddings from The Heart to anyone going to Maui for a destination wedding. The price was just right to fit our budget, the officiate was spiritual and accommodated our needs, the photos were the best I've ever seen and I could go on and on. Her website is very detailed and user friendly and it will be a service that you will never regret on your special day.

Sent on 05/16/2011

Song · Married on 01/26/2011

Everyone was so friendly and wonderful during our wedding. They planned everything carefully and the whole process was very smooth. Communication with them was easy, so we can focus on other activities. It was a very memorable experience and I truly recommend them.

Courtney · Married on 08/07/2010

Our Maui wedding was everything we hoped it would be! We wanted it to be a beautiful special occasion without having all the stresses of a wedding. I was very pleased with Maui Weddings from the Heart, they were very helpful and easy to communicate with during the planning process. Our ceremony was wonderful and we really enjoyed the time we had to get to know the Minister before our ceremony. We were so excited to receive our pictures in the mail a few months later and loved how they turned out! Overall it was a wonderful experience and with all the help from Maui Weddings from the Heart we were able to have our dream wedding come true!!!

Sent on 06/17/2011

Andrea · Married on 10/25/2016

I know it's a bit nerve racking when you are planning a wedding, especially when it's a destination wedding far from home. But, you can't go wrong with Shasta and Maui Weddings from the Heart. Shasta took care of everything. Our nervousness faded away as soon as we arrived to our wedding location and we were met by the exceptional vendors/team that she selected for us. Each one of them made our day feel extra special and we are thrilled with the outcome. From Jackie Cavaliers my makeup and hairstylist, Charles our minister, Ian our videographer, and Sean our photographer: everyone was wonderful and professional and made it their goal to give us the wedding of our dreams.

Sent on 11/12/2016

alex · Married on 07/12/2011

Very professional. Felt like Shasta was directing a movie. The quality was very high.

Jeremy · Married on 11/08/2010

Thank you Shasta for your help in making our wedding such a beautiful celebration! It was a wonderful day, and Makena Cove was a great suggestion and it made it that much more special.

Your experience with weddings ensured that every detail was addressed and gave us confidence that we were in good hands. We were very impressed by your organizational skills and efficiency in getting back to us if we had any questions.

It was reassuring that you were easily reached and would address any concerns promptly and pleasantly. The vendors you suggested were delightful and easy to work with. We especially loved the guitar player they certainly had a respect for your abilities!

Thanks for everything that you did for us, we couldn't have done it without you! Jeremy & Liz

Sent on 05/12/2011

Michelle · Married on 07/16/2016

3.0

We were very pleased with the planning and service provided by Maui Weddings From The Heart. It was great to have such great vendors.

Sent on 07/30/2016

Maui Weddings From The Heart's reply:

HI Michelle, thank you so much for your review! I'm glad to hear that you were happy with our services and had a wonderful wedding!
    Note: I emailed Michelle and asked her why she gave us a lower rating on value, and this was her reply: We were very happy with our Wedding Ceremony. We ended up spending more money than we originally anticipated that's all. Maui has a much higher markup on wedding related services (e.g. Flowers, Photography, hair/makeup) compared to California. That is how I based my review.

3.0

It was our fairytale, a dream came true!

Sent on 08/06/2015

Amber · Married on 03/14/2015

Shasta was easy to work with. There was an oversight that I caught regarding hair and make up. When I brought it to her attention she found me an artist and assured me things always work out and these oversights always get found out before the wedding. While I'm glad, I did not want to be the bride who doesn't have hair and make up at 12 o'clock on her wedding day. Also, our minister changed several times with us eventually using the original one she planned for us. But again, it was my catch. Everything did work out, but I didn't quite feel I could let my guard down and trust Shasta 100%.

Sent on 04/07/2015

Maui Weddings From The Heart's reply:

Hi Amber, mahalo for taking the time to offer your feedback. I apologize that you didn't feel you could just relax and have everything taken care of, as that is my intent and goal for every couple. As I had mentioned in our emails, I am human, and sometimes, but very, very rarely, something does get overlooked in the beginning of the planning, but it's always caught well before the wedding day. And the change in the minister was out of my control. I originally had Rev Joe confirmed, but he had a family commitment that he had forgotten about, which it is also a extremely rare occurance. Again, my apologies, but I'm glad to hear that you were happy with your wedding.

Ed · Married on 02/14/2017

Shasta did a great job and took good care of us!

Sent on 03/21/2017

I would definitely recommend Shasta and her team! Shasta was responsive and easy to work with. Rev. Joe performed an awesome ceremony. Pictures from Frank were beautiful.

Sent on 12/01/2014

Crystal · Married on 06/29/2014

3.0

My wedding was beautiful. Would have only liked just a little personal attention offering me some direction on photography planning and what to expect.

Sent on 07/14/2014

Maui Weddings From The Heart's reply:

Crystal, thank you so much for your feedback. You've given us something to focus and work on. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

L · Married on 08/02/2017

3.8
      3.0

Shasta at Maui Weddings from the Heart was great - friendly, competent and efficient. We had a very simple ceremony and Shasta understood our needs and provided exactly what we wanted. The best part of our Ceremony was Reverend Joe. He was AMAZING. A wonderful, kind man whose words and blessings were beautiful and perfect for the occasion. Highly recommend!

Sent on 08/15/2017

Elizabeth · Married on 06/21/2014

3.8
      3.5

Shasta was great. Our wedding went off wonderfully. No complaints at all. We would recommend her to friends and family.

Sent on 08/01/2014