Mary Elizabeth Events Reviews

Mary Elizabeth Events 4
Mary Elizabeth Events 5

Rachel · Married on 09/01/2019

I can't imagine the month-of/day-of WITHOUT Mary

I never knew how much planning, how many contracts, how many follow ups, how much EFFORT goes into planning a wedding until I had to do it myself. It is ALOT! And Mary really helped me manage the stress / enjoy the month before my wedding by taking the reigns -- she followed up and coordinated with all our vendors AND put together the most amazing day of timeline to distribute to all parties. It made me feel calm and confident that it would all come together, and it did. Then the day of was a literal dream; being able to enjoy the party with everything flowing so effortlessly was everything I wanted in a wedding reception. Thank you Mary!

Sent on 11/01/2019
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 06/29/2019

Mary is amazing!

I could not imagine having my wedding day run as smoothly as it did without Mary's help and guidance. From our first conversation, she made me feel comfortable and confident in taking on this planning process together. I was able to contact her with any questions or concerns I had which made me feel assured we were always moving in the right direction.

Mary is very attentive and organized- she listened to what I wanted and ensured that all details which I cared about were executed. Throughout the wedding day, she continuously asked me if I needed anything and how I was feeling.

Overall, my experience with Mary was nothing but positive. If you are looking for someone to lean on and trust throughout this process- look no further. Mary will get it done and make you feel confident that your day will be just as you had planned if not better.

Sent on 07/05/2019

Ari · Married on 05/26/2019

Amazing Coordinator!

Our experience with Mary was absolutely perfect. Definitely one of the best decisions we made! I cannot think of a single thing I would change. I was most interested in finding someone who would pick up where I left off, and make sure everything runs smoothly during the wedding so we could enjoy ourselves. From the time she stepped in, Mary was always available either by text or email, and relieved our stress with a quick response or additional information - whichever was needed.

I originally spoke with Mary over the phone because we live two hours from the venue. She was interested in knowing about us, our preferences, ideas for the big day, and our general taste. Mary accompanied us on our catering walk-through at the venue, and took notes on everything we said we loved or did not like. After only one walk-through, it was clear that she understood our style. When we sat down to go over day-of details we realized how many things we had not even considered prior to that point, and were so relieved to have her.

On the day of the wedding, and even the time leading up to it, Mary was in constant communication with the vendors. I honestly did not do a single wedding-related "work" task from the beginning to the end of the weekend. If there were any complications or fires to put out, I had absolutely no idea.

Mary is organized, experienced, and professional. She made it so easy to work with her and I would recommend her to any of my friends.

Sent on 07/12/2019

Lauren · Married on 12/21/2018

Hands Down the Best Decision

Here's the thing about weddings they don't tell you - there is A LOT MORE to planning than you might expect. Having Mary help coordinate details, be my main point of contact, think of the things that I would never have considered (and volunteer to leave the reception to go buy takeaway trays for the extra food!!!) was actually the most impactful decision that I could have made to make my wedding as perfect as it could be. Don't think, just hire her!

Sent on 01/29/2019
  • Liz

Liz · Married on 11/03/2018

Professional and Positive Day-of-Coordinator

Mary was our day-of coordinator at The Clifton in Charlottesville, VA. From the first phone call, she was very professional, on top of all of the details and put my mom and I at ease. She had a comprehensive packet that was helpful in making sure everything was covered, and she was flexible when plans would change. Her advice was invaluable, including what not to worry about too much! On the day of, Mary was able to gather the right people when needed, and make sure everything was in its place. She knew where to be when and always had a positive attitude and gentle way of keeping things moving. My mom and I appreciated such expertise at such a reasonable cost. We were in good hands- Mary eased the stress of coordinating such a complex event! Thank you Mary!!

Sent on 12/19/2018

Anna · Married on 10/13/2018

The best wedding coordinator we could have asked for!

Mary was so great to work with! We could not have made it through our wedding day without her! My fiance and I moved to a new city and both started new jobs all within three months of the wedding which was a huge additional stressor. Mary worked around our crazy schedules and helped keep us on track with planning and the million details that have to fall in to place before the big day. There were so many details that I never would have thought to prepare for without Mary reminding me. I never felt overwhelmed though because I knew Mary had everything under control to make our wedding wonderful. Mary was so thoughtful and caring and did everything in her power to make my dream wedding a reality.

Mary Elizabeth Events 6
    Mary Elizabeth Events 7
    Mary Elizabeth Events 8
    Mary Elizabeth Events 9
    Sent on 12/13/2018

Victoria · Married on 10/05/2018

Amazing! Don't have a wedding without Mary coordinating your day!

If you need a day-of-coordinator, Mary is your person! I was such a type A bride, even worrying about things until 5AM on the day of my wedding, but Mary was cool and calm and helped guide me to have one of the best days of my life :) Once my wedding day got started, I didn't worry about anything else. I trusted Mary would take care of everything, and she did. She listened to all my needs and executed every detail that I envisioned. Thanks, Mary!

Sent on 12/09/2018

Molly · Married on 08/25/2018

Mary is GREAT! Literally couldn't ask for a better day-of coordinator! She was super responsive and provided suggestions on vendors. We first talked to Mary over the phone and knew immediately we felt comfortable with her coordinating our wedding day events. We had a walk-through at our venue (about 1 1/2 hours from Mary's home) where we looked at the size and layout of the venue. Mary had come prepared with a HUGE packet going over all events/details of the day (way more than we would've ever thought of). From our conversation (and multiple emails), she put together a VERY detailed timeline of events, which included all vendor phone numbers and details about set up, etc. She also had full communication with our vendors 2 weeks before the wedding, which was huge in taking a lot of the extra stress off of our plate. She provided the detailed timeline to all of our vendors and they all mentioned how amazing it was. Mary was with us for 12 hours the day of the wedding, helping with vendor arrivals (flowers, cake, etc) and facilitated our entire rehearsal the night before. We ran out of beer about 1 1/2 hours before our wedding ended and she ran off and got us more beer, no questions asked! Really couldn't say enough great things about Mary. Highly recommend!!

Mary Elizabeth Events 10
    Mary Elizabeth Events 17
    Sent on 09/06/2018
  • Laurene

Laurene · Married on 07/28/2018

Mary was our Month of Coordinator for our wedding in July and I only regret not having her plan our whole wedding! She was seriously amazing. From our first phone call she was helping me problem solve. Mary is super professional, organized, and sweet! I had countless friends and family members comment on what a good job she did, how hard she worked, and how nice she was. She had so many tips to share at each of our planning meetings and our Rehearsal. Mary was truly invaluable to our wedding and I couldn't have been more thrilled having her as our Coordinator!

Mary Elizabeth Events 18
    Sent on 08/27/2018

Abbie · Married on 06/30/2018

Mary was the month-of coordinator for my June 30, 2018 wedding and my husband and I could not have been more thrilled with her service. We met in person in March and Mary had created a whole Google Drive suite of folders and spreadsheets for me to fill out and place information into. As an organization nut myself, I loved being able to use her pre-made tools to communicate with her and also organize my own thoughts. In our meeting, she was professional, warm, and efficient and we left feeling so much better about the state of our planning. We met again in person as our wedding neared and Mary was instrumental in helping us work through the last details. She handled all vendors in the weeks leading up to the wedding and it was so great to be able to confidently hand that off to her. Mary was beyond sweet on our wedding day - brining a little emergency pack to the bridal suite (we made use of the deodorant on a 90 degree day) and she was there with us until the very last bottle of wine was loaded into our car at 11:30pm. We were so lucky to have lots of great vendors, but Mary was probably the only truly irreplaceable one. Definitely book her for your day and you will not regret that money spent!!!

Sent on 07/21/2018

Mary Elizabeth Events's reply:

Thank you for your sweet note, Abbie! I loved being a part of your wedding celebration and getting to know you and your family and friends throughout the process. These kind words made me smile!

Amber · Married on 11/11/2017

Mary was very sweet and easy to work with! She was always avilible to help with any ideas, and really helped you stay relaxed. She had everything mapped out and organized!

Mary Elizabeth Events 19
    Mary Elizabeth Events 24
    Mary Elizabeth Events 25
    Sent on 12/29/2017

Mary Elizabeth Events's reply:

Thank you for your sweet words, Amber! I loved partnering with you and Spencer to celebrate your wedding day!

Spencer · Married on 03/25/2017

Mary was the coordinator for my wedding in March of 2017. I was blown away by her professionalism, her willingness to take ownership when needed, and her general wisdom with the timeline for weddings!

Shortly after our ceremony was over, Mary was busy transitioning guests into our reception hall. Contractually, our bar was supposed to be stocked with various types of beer. When Mary recognized the problem, she immediately came to my wife and me confirming that we had ordered beer. She quickly returned to the bar, talked to the manager, and negotiated kegs be brought out at no charge. Our guests happily imbibed and we never had worry about a thing. We were thrilled with her leadership and poise and couldn't have asked for a better way to handle the conflict.

Looking back on our incredible day, there is no one we would rather have looking out for us than Mary!

Sent on 07/07/2017

I do not know where to begin, except I do not know what my wedding day would have been like without Mary. She was outstanding. I planned most of the wedding and she helped execute it. Everything happened on time. Everyone loved working with her, and I didn't have to worry about a thing! She was extremely professional and just wonderful to work with. If you have planned your own wedding and need help day of, Mary is your girl! You will not have to worry about a single thing on your special day, and she will do everything with a smile!

Sent on 07/01/2016

We knew Mary from college and quickly took advantage of her knowledge and skills. Her help was critical to the organization of events and groups before and during the wedding. She was quick thinking in situations I had failed to plan effectively (as I organized everything myself and sought Mary out when overwhelmed by final preparations). She quickly took charge of situations and was so giving in her efforts to help make my wedding a success. I am forever grateful for her help and know she will deliver equally invested guidance to whoever seeks her work.

Sent on 01/21/2015

Benjamin · Married on 09/12/2014

Mary was a godsend for us. We planned the event ourselves and brought Mary in to be the event coordinator. She didn't miss a beat! She did much of the wedding party organization/communication and helped us stay on schedule during the wedding while allowing for flexibility. As we caught up with our friends (a lot of whom were our vendors) after the wedding, we heard many stories of how Mary filled in holes we didn't account for and smoothed out bumps before they could even form. During the reception Mary did such an amazing job of floating around unobtrusively while being incredibly accessible if we needed her. I wish we had brought her into the wedding planning sooner to coordinate with our vendors and help with the planning! Mary is a great pick for planning your event.

Sent on 01/21/2015