Mary Bell Events Reviews

213 | Asheville, NC

213 Reviews for Mary Bell Events

Rachel Oplinger · Getting married on 07/10/2022

We love Mary Bell!!

Mary Bell is so awesome, and we really enjoyed working with her throughout the wedding planning process!! She was extremely responsive, flexible, super helpful and patient with us, as we had to downsize and move our wedding to a private residence just a few months before our wedding date due to the virus. She answered all of our (many, many) questions and has so much valuable insight to offer. She was extremely professional throughout the wedding weekend, dealt with multiple strong personalities very capably, and kept the whole process entirely stress-free for me. She thinks of every detail and really helped make my vision a reality! Thank you Mary Bell, you are the best!!!

Sent on 11/07/2020
  • Melanie

Melanie Franko · Getting married on 06/09/2022

Mary Bell Events - the best there is!

As we know, weddings are one of the most important events in one’s lifetime. Accordingly, a wedding planner is the most crucial decision to be made, since this is the person who can make the event the best day of your life.
    It is for this reason that I am taking time to describe and recommend the services of Mary Bell Events in general and of the master wedding planner, Mary Bell.
    Simply put, you can find no better wedding planner than Mary Bell. She is exceptional! The process of my daughter’s wedding was actually an enjoyable process, unlike the nightmares experienced by friends and family members.
    Why should you select Mary Bell as your wedding planner? Mary has all the right qualifications: in-depth experience and knowledge of venues and vendors, creative ideas to make the event memorable and exceptional, the keen understanding and communication skills to match the bride and groom with the perfect vendors, and the ability to respect budgetary limits for the event.
    What might be even more crucial are Mary Bell’s attributes, which are many. Her kindness and pleasant personality are a calming force during what could be a stressful process. Mary takes vendor selection one step at a time so that you never feel overwhelmed. She is also very flexible and is more than willing to provide as many choices as needed to make the perfect vendor match. Since Mary knows her vendors so well, we were always able to select exceptional vendors from two excellent choices she provided. Other attributes of Mary Bell which made the planning process a dream were her patience, perseverance, and desire for perfection. Her many years of providing premier wedding planning services are discernible with organizational skills that cannot be matched. She is always clear in what she can do and in what she will do, and we always felt that Mary Bell went above and beyond to make the wedding perfect. To Mary, you are not just another client. You are someone who deserves the absolute best – and that is the service she provides.
    If you are lucky enough to have the opportunity to utilize Mary Bell to make your wedding arrangements, you will never regret your decision. Jump at the chance!

Sent on 11/21/2020

Katie Linville · Getting married on 07/09/2021

Outstanding Wedding Planner

Mary Bell Events is the wedding planning team you've been searching for! I hired Mary 4 months prior to my wedding date. I had secured all of my vendors, but needed help with the final details. This is where Mary and team stepped in. She is incredibly talented, organized, and kind. I would have missed so many important details if it wasn't for Mary's expertise and guidance. I highly recommend Mary Bell Events. They will bring your wedding vision to life!

Sent on 10/14/2020
  • Gay

Gay Stinnett · Getting married on 04/09/2021

A perfect event

AS the wedding celebrant, aunt of the groom, and veteran of 14 wedding performances, I am impressed with the handling of this destination wedding...with a stressed out couple deeply involved with their careers, we could not have found a better planner!

• Mark

Mark Laskovics · Getting married on 02/05/2021

Mary Bell is the BEST Wedding Planner in North Carolina!

In May of this year our son married his bride at the Diana venue at the Biltmore in Asheville, NC. The couple chose as their wedding planner Mary Bell of Mary Bell Events. The wedding was the most beautiful wedding ourguests have ever seen or will likely to see again! It was elegant, exquisite and gorgeous! Mary created a stunning dream wedding for the bride and groom and it was just what they had hoped it would be. She is a phenomenal wedding planning and we are so grateful to her for making their wedding an event we will always remember. We are still receiving notes and phone calls from our families and friends about the gorgeous wedding and we have Mary Bell to thank for that. The wedding was perfect and I would highly recommend anyone planning their dream wedding to contact Mary Bell of Mary Bell Events, you will always be grateful that you did!

Sent on 06/06/2019
  • Katie

Katie Burr · Married on 01/05/2021

Mary is the Best Wedding Planner

Mary Bell went above and beyond to help us throw the wedding of the CENTURY! From the detailed wedding weekend timeline, to ensuring all of the vendors were taken care of, she truly provided an experience that money cannot buy. I have heard of couples becoming overwhelmed and stressed of the wedding planning, and how they could not wait for it to be over. I did not feel a single on of those feelings while working with Mary. She is highly organized, professional, and absolutely delightful to work with. She covered and said all things I had thought of but didn't want to speak up for, and made sure our bridal party was well informed. Thank you so much Mary, you really really really pulled off an amazing wedding, and I am so lucky that it just happened to be mine. xoxoxoxo, Katie Burr

Sent on 06/06/2019

Jennifer Helms · Married on 11/14/2020

Truly a must have!

I could not be more satisfied with how my daughters wedding turned out! It was a destination wedding for both the bride and groom, so we completely trusted Mary Bell to help with all decisions, both big and small. Her expertise is unsurpassed and her professionalism is top notched! She helped us choose the absolute best vendors that are truly gifted in their fields. I believe her knowledge in the wedding industry and her relationships with the vendors, truly made my daughters day a dream come true!

Mary Bell actually planned two weddings for my daughter, since the original date was moved only 1 month out due to Covid. When we made the decision to change the date, Mary went to work securing the date with our vendors, and only one vendor was already booked, therefore, we only lost one deposit. Talk about relieved! I was so glad i hadn’t tried doing her job myself. There’s truly no telling how much money she saved us just in the days reschedule itself!

When it was time for the weekend to finally be here, Mary Bells team was there to make everything run smoothly. The timeline was essential to make things go as planned, get everyone where they need to be when they need to be there, as well as to give me peace of mind! The gift bags with the guest itinerary in it was a fabulous idea, since we had multiple casual functions that guest were invited to attend along with the ceremony, reception and dinner. Mary Bell forgot no details from big to small. Many guest have commented on the details and how everything was just perfect.

Again, i couldn’t be happier with how my daughters wedding turned out, and i owe many thanks and much gratitude to Mary Bell and her staff and to the wonderful vendors who made my babies dream wedding a reality!

Sent on 11/18/2020

Lisa P. · Married on 11/07/2020

Hire Mary Bell!

Hire Mary Bell. A simple statement with a lot of meaning. As an event planner for my day job, I could not have planned my own wedding without Mary. My boss wants to hire her. She’s THAT good.

If you think planning a wedding is stressful, add in a global pandemic. Mary was steadfast, encouraging, empathetic, direct and flexible during the entire planning process – which, you can imagine, constantly changed. Even before COVID took over, we flew in to meet our vendors and got caught up in a bad storm. Mary rearranged all of our appointments within a few hours and we knew then, she was invaluable. Yes, she’s organized and detailed – traits I LOVE – and appreciated while tackling my to-do list. More so, Mary is an awesome person who served as the expert, cheerleader, and friend we needed.

And our wedding was perfect!

I did not worry about one thing all day. I knew Mary was on top of everything – the setup, the vendors, the timing, all of it. We just floated through the day going where Mary told us to be and stayed focused on each other, rather than the details. We are so very grateful and thankful for all of her hard work and that of her team. The best thing you can do for yourself and your wedding? Hire Mary Bell.

Sent on 07/28/2020
  • Morgan

Morgan Hess · Married on 10/10/2020

10/10 would recommend Mary Bell Events!

Planning a destination wedding is in and of itself difficult, but add a global pandemic, graduating from a residency program, and moving across country, and its dang near impossible. This is where Mary Bell Events came in. With everything on my plate, I needed someone local to help nail down vendors, make sure planning was staying on track, and help execute the big day flawlessly. Mary Bell Events certainly delivered! I was absolutely THRILLED with every single vendor and in order to comply with guidelines, we changed our 150 person wedding to an intimate family only event with relative ease, all things considered. Mary and her team were knowledgeable, prompt, and always professional. My day didn’t end up exactly as I had originally planned or envisioned, but looking back, I wouldn’t have changed a thing. Wedding planning stressed me out, and hiring Mary Bell Events was absolutely the best decision I made. I would 100% recommend her services to anyone!

Sent on 10/26/2020

Meredith Helms · Married on 10/10/2020

Mary is a must

Mary and her team were the absolute best in every way! I would definitely recommend hiring them! They took the stress out of wedding planning and made it the most perfect day!!

Sent on 11/24/2020

Megan Rossomando · Married on 09/19/2020

Mary Bell is absolutely amazing!

Mary Bell was absolutely amazing. I was not from the area so from day one it was pretty hard trying to find vendors. Mary Bell helped me every step of the way. When COVID hit we could have had so many issues but Mary laid out all of our options and we ended up having the best wedding. Seriously, I could not find one thing to complain about. Everyone warns you to make sure you dont stress about the little things when it comes to your wedding..I had no idea what they were talking about because I was never stressed. Everything went perfectly planned and my bridesmaids said they have never been in a wedding that ran this smooth. We had multiple people come up to us and tell us how beautiful everything was and this was the most fun and beautiful wedding they had ever been to. Not only is Mary Bell amazing but her staff is just as perfect. Brittany and Kim were with me the day before and day of the wedding and it was like I have been working with them since the beginning. Seriously look no further-Mary Bell needs to be your planner!

Sent on 10/13/2020
  • Rebecca

Rebecca Lee · Married on 07/18/2020

Get a wedding planner!

Hiring a wedding planner was not something that was my idea. My mom insisted on it, since I didn't live in the area at the time, and she wanted to be able to fully enjoy the day without worrying. Little did we know when we hired Mary Bell just how important having her would turn out to be! She helped me plan my wedding from the very beginning, before a venue or date was even chosen. I ended up choosing all my vendors except for one from her list, even though I did lots of research on my own too. I always went back to who she recommended. I trusted her, and I am so glad I did.

She listened to all of my ideas, and was nothing but patient with me- the world's most anxious and indecisive bride.

Mary Bell walked me through the entire process, including when the pandemic hit and all of my plans felt like they were falling apart in an instant. I don't know what I would have done without her helping me navigate these crazy unforseen times. This summer was a complete nightmare for everyone, especially brides, and yet somehow, my wedding day still far surpassed what I ever dreamt it would be.

Having her there the day of the wedding was absolutley essential to the wonderful day my family and I had. We didn't have to worry about a single thing- she had it all under control. I don't know how we would have managed without her detailed timeline! She is organized, professional, kind, and fun to be around. So many people commented on how my small, intimate "COVID wedding" was the most beautiful they'd ever seen, and I owe most of that to having MB in my corner. A planner is an expense many people don't think they need to have, but trust me, you will not regret it.

Sent on 10/02/2020

Kim Mcquate · Married on 07/11/2020

Mary Bell Events was helpful finding vendors and easy to get in touch with...very good at returning phone calls and emails.

I’d recommend any bride to get in touch with Mary Bell Events. It’s the best thing I did and took all the stress off doing it myself.

Sent on 07/17/2020

The Deratt’S · Married on 07/11/2020

Stress Free Day!!!

Mary and her staff were great!! She got us in touch with the best vendors and made the whole process stress free! She helped bring our beautiful vision to life and was so easy to work with. Mary loves what she does and it definitely shows through her hard work!

Sent on 07/18/2020

Christian Vorderbrueggen · Married on 06/10/2020

Reliable and proactive!

From day 1 meeting Mary Bell (virtually as we are from Tampa - destination wedding in Asheville) we knew we were in good hands. Mary was responsive from start to finish, and was proactive in helping us see around every corner while planning. The day of coordination was superb and everything went of without a hitch. Would recommend Mary to anyone and everyone!

Sent on 11/07/2019

Nina Lott · Married on 05/09/2020

What a wonderful experience with Mary Bell Events

We were so pleased with our decision to use Mary Bell Events. Her knowledge and experience helped to make this wedding to be stress free! She was amazing in every way down to very last detail! This wedding was so easy and it was all because of Mary Bell Events. I don’t know what we would have done without her!!!

Sent on 11/06/2020

Paul Boots · Married on 05/02/2020

Mary Bell made our perfect wedding a reality!

Mary was great from day one! She heard all of our requests and worked with us to find a perfect solution in every area. All of the vendors she recommended delivered as promised which is not easy to do during the Covid era. Mary Bell and her team were incredibly helpful, efficient and professional. Everything went exactly according to plan thanks to her team. Thank you so much for making our wedding day perfect! Don't look anywhere else for a wedding planning team! This is as good as it gets!

Sent on 08/11/2020
  • Olivia

Olivia Lott · Married on 03/20/2020

A Magical Wedding Day

Mary Bell Events made my wedding day more spectacular than I ever could have imagined! Mary gave me tips that I never would have thought. She fed me snacks so I wouldn’t be dehydrated during my tiring photo session! She helped me relax. She was so comforting! She is truly the best of THE best! She as an absolute expert at what she does and made my day truly magical. Thank you Mary Bell Events!

Sent on 11/06/2020
  • Y

Yvonne Rossomando · Married on 03/10/2020

Mary bell events, absoluutely amazing!

Mary Bell Events made sure that my daughter Megan had the wedding of her dreams!

An October 2020 wedding, living in NJ, Megan and Will living in SC, and the wedding in Asheville, NC was a challenge to say the least. Mary Bell took all that stress away and guided us every step of the way!

Everything was amazing, the weather, the location, food, music, pictures, dancing, etc. Just a perfect wedding all around. We had so many people reaching out to us that it was by far the most beautiful and best wedding they have ever been to.

If you want the perfect wedding, look no further then Mary Bell Events! Amazing!

The Rossomando Family

Sent on 10/21/2020

Kendal · Married on 01/01/2020

The Best of the Best!

Mary Bell Events truly made our wedding absolutely perfect. We are from Atlanta and knew we wanted to get married in Asheville. I was trying to save a couple dollars and do everything myself but ended up being completely overwhelmed. Our photographer recommended Mary and it was one of the best decisions we made! She made everything seamless and worked with me on everything. I'm a natural procrastinator and she was always on the ball. She kept me in line, gave me very helpful advice and guideance, and was extremely, EXTREMELY efficient. The day of wedding, I had literally zero stress. The day went off with out a hitch. Her timeline was spot on and everything moved so smoothly. I didn't have a single worry! Mary was there through and through! If you want the absolute best and a very detailed oriented/thorough wedding planner, you MUST book Mary.
    And don't just only just book Mary but book her ENIRE dream team; Derek DiLuzio Wedding Photographer and Blush Asheville Hair and Makeup! Seriously, this trio is a wedding game changer!
    Words cannot express how much we are appreciative of Mary. We just adore her so much!

Sent on 01/08/2020
  • Rebecca

Rebecca Paquin · Married on 12/10/2019

Absolutely Perfect

I could not possibly say enough good things about Mary Bell and her staff. She organized and orchestrated the most perfect day for me, my husband, and my friends and family. She is an absolute professional and is a superstar at what she does. Every vendor recommendation she made was on point. She is exquisitely organized. She is well connected and adored among the wedding venue and vendor network. She is two steps ahead of any concern one might have when planning such a major event. She seamlessly executed the most perfect wedding without the slightest stress on my part. We received all sorts of compliments and positive feedback from friends and family regarding how beautiful and seamless our wedding was, and I give all credit to Mary Bell. Choosing her is a decision you will not regret.

• W

William Williams · Married on 11/10/2019

Outstanding Wedding Planner

Mary Bell and assistant Nicole was an outstanding service and very personable yet professional. Her recommendations for all the venders were exceptional. Trust her...she knows what she is doing and will save you money. With all the details and moving parts to go so smooth like it had been planned for years was a tribute to Mary Bell and her staff.

Charles Snodgrass · Married on 11/02/2019

Memorable!

Mary is a true professional and unbelievable at her job! She is super easy to work with and eliminated most of the stress involved with the wedding process. She was with us all the way, keeping us informed on everything as it progressed. Come wedding day, she kept a detailed timeline and it led to the wedding going perfectly. I highly recommend her services as it led to an unbelievable day that my wife and I will never forget!

Sent on 11/14/2019

Jason Jones · Married on 10/21/2019

Extraordinary

She was a pleasure to work with. Had a full staff to accommodate me and my bride. Going above and beyond to make sure the event went perfectly! Thank you Mary we are forever grateful!

Sent on 10/29/2019
  • Katie

Katie Rasmussen · Married on 10/18/2019

Mary Bell Events was the perfect planner for our perfect day!

There are not enough words to adequately describe the impact Mary Bell had on our wedding day! From our first phone call, Mary made me feel at ease and I knew I could trust her to make our wedding day perfect! She helped us pick vendors within our budget (and they were all AWESOME!!) and provided direction when we were unsure. She told us to trust her on a band to book, and I am SO glad we did, everyone danced all night long (and even during dinner!), they were truly great. We planned our wedding from out of town, and I really appreciated Mary’s willingness and flexibility to meet with us when we were already planning to be in town. Another thing I loved about working with Mary was that she allowed us to make our wedding day whatever we wanted, but would give us honest, open advice when we were stuck on a decision and/or help us decide. Most of the time, she knew what we needed before we even did! My husband said numerous times throughout the planning process “I am so glad Mary suggested we do that”. On the day of the wedding, Mary made sure everything went smoothly and we did not worry about a thing except having fun on the best day of our lives! I’ve lost count of how many bridal party members, family members, and guests that interacted with Mary on the day of the wedding took time to let us know how wonderful she was! I would choose Mary Bell as my wedding planner again and again if I had to choose again! Our wedding day would not have been the same without her, and I cannot thank Mary and her team enough or give them enough praise!

Sent on 11/05/2019