Mariah Gentry Photography Reviews

148 | Seattle, WA

148 Reviews for Mariah Gentry Photography

Erica · Married on 06/23/2017

We couldn't recommend Mariah more! Not only did we LOVE our photos; her responsiveness, organization, friendliness, experience, and skill were far beyond what we could've hoped for. She totally captured the fun of our day and gave us the photo memories that we were hoping for. She was wonderful to work with and we highly, highly recommend Mariah!

Sent on 07/29/2017

Shelley · Married on 06/22/2017

Mariah was so amazing, and I couldn't have wished for a better experience for our wedding. I set up a last-minute surprise for my husband (silly first look session) and she was not only excited about the idea, she had fun ideas which made for even better photographs than what I had in mind. She was extremely responsive to all my questions and very flexible as well. She is so funny, kind, and endearing you will enjoy just having her around. Her photographs were beyond beautiful and her turn around time was faster than promised. You cannot go wrong choosing her as your photographer (and her prices can't be beat). We feel so lucky to have had her to capture our big day, and give us such lovely photos to forever remember how special our wedding day was.

Sent on 06/30/2017

Alexandra · Married on 06/18/2017

I wish I could give Mariah 10 stars!! I cannot say enough about Mariah…she is an absolute must if you want the perfect wedding!! Not only did she deliver STUNNING pictures, but she provided more than we had contracted for and gave them before the promised date. Mariah has an eye for detail and creativity and it translated into our pictures. She made sure our hair was combed back perfectly so that it didn’t create shadows on our faces and that our posture was erect. We’ve got a variety of pictures with different backgrounds. I love looking at our pictures!! It’s like reliving the day over and over. In addition to our beautiful pictures, Mariah’s packages are VERY reasonable. Mariah is also an AMAZING person to work with! She is sweet, kind and patient. I am very camera shy, but I was completely at ease with her. She gave me direction and just made me feel comfortable. Our pictures are PERFECT! Grab Mariah before she books up!

Sent on 07/10/2017

CASSANDRA · Married on 06/17/2017

We are so lucky to have found Mariah! To think we almost couldn't book her! When I started the search for a photographer I perused online for local photographers that were affordable. Mariah caught my attention because of the glowing reviews she had on yelp - the reviews talked about how sweet she was, and how easy it was to become comfortable around her (taking pictures is always awkward for us!). When I saw her website I fell in love with her pictures which was exactly what I was looking for - light, natural, true to emotion of the people in the pictures, simply beautiful. I wanted to book her immediately and almost wasn't able to because none of the dates seem to work out. Even when she thought that I was not able to book her due to time conflict, Mariah STILL tried to help with advice on venues, recommendations for places with the aesthetic I liked - when I wasn't even her customer yet! Ultimately I booked my venue the one day she was available, and am so pleased. She was really patient with us, communicating back and forth trying to accommodate our hectic schedule. She even recommended canceling the first date that we chose because the weather didn't look so good - we would have been none the wiser had she not told us. So glad we switched dates because the actual photo shoot date was beautiful! We just finished our engagement shoot which was a ton of fun. My fiancé particularly hates taking photos, but she made everything super comfortable and relaxed while she guided us through poses. I can't wait till the actual day of the wedding to see what beautiful photos she takes next!

Sent on 01/27/2017

Cassie · Married on 06/17/2017

I feel BEYOND LUCKY to have been able to book Mariah!!! I can not even fathom another experience had our timing not worked out. Mariah is the sweetest, most genuine person and yet absolutely a professional to the highest standard. On the day of the wedding, she kept us all in line, kept us on time, and even gave tips to my stylist to ensure picture perfect makeup, taught my bridesmaid how to fluff my dress.... she is a pro and can do it all! She does all of this with a huge smile on her face with such a sense of calm, competence, positivity and warmth. She helped me feel at ease, more confident, and truly special that day. She treated me and my now husband and our entire wedding party as if our wedding was the most important thing she'll ever do (though i'm sure she is Extremely busy!!). On a day that is as hectic and as stressful as your wedding day, it means the WORLD to have that kind of support, and care to really ground you and pick up your spirit. Even though she was a one man show, I could NOT have asked for an ounce more of attention. I would not change a single thing about our experience with her. Although I haven't seen the wedding photos yet (*edit* we have now seen the photos and they are GORGEOUS), I am confident after seeing or engagement photos that they will all be stunning, captivating and true to the spirit of the entire day. She strives to capture the beauty in real moments, real joy, the uniqueness of you! Her level of character and integrity is so hard to find in an endless pool of vendors, and I really feel that it was a PRIVILEGE to have been able to work with Mariah. She's the best!!!

Sent on 06/28/2017

Melissa · Married on 06/10/2017

I can honestly say that choosing Mariah as my photographer was the best decision I made in planning my wedding. I did not meet her until the day of, and she captivated everyone at the wedding with her sweet personality and had us laughing and completely comfortable. She even helped to re-tie my dress when the corset loosened. Her prices were shockingly reasonable and she went above and beyond in how quickly she provided the photos, I think we had them maybe 5 days after the wedding! I honestly cannot say enough good things about her and my experience with her and will definitely be using her services again.

Sent on 06/14/2018

Cori · Married on 05/13/2017

I'm not even sure where to start talking about how much we love Mariah! Beautiful photography was my number one priority for our wedding and I knew the moment that I found her website that she was the photographer for us. Her photos are bright, happy and you can feel the love just looking at them. What more could you want from wedding photos? She was very responsive, professional, helpful, and darn-right lovely and she captured all the little vintage details that I infused into the wedding. Her cheery, positive attitude comes through in her photos and the photos she took for us were everything I wanted them to be. She made the time to meet with us to do the original booking in person (I asked because I wanted to make sure we clicked!) which we very much appreciated, She also makes it a rule to reserve your wedding day only for you which came in handy because we ended up hiring her for a little more time at the end of the night to catch our grand exit. We're forever grateful to Mariah for offering affordable photography packages and for doing such a beautiful job at our wedding. We would hire her again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 09/27/2017

Devon · Married on 05/07/2017

Mariah is AMAZING!! She was the best possible choice for my husband and I on our wedding day. She made me and my family feel so comfortable and knew exactly what to say to help us capture stunning pictures!! She helped us get through our day in so many ways, from helping calm me down to giving us the low down on cake cutting...she guided us through every step even when we had no clue what we were doing! She is a kind, compassionate human being who truly enjoys what she does and it shows in her attitude right through to the beautiful pictures she produces!! I cannot speak highly enough of her and we will definitely be recommending her to everyone!!

Sent on 05/31/2017

Stephanie · Married on 04/30/2017

Mariah is an outstanding photographer! It's hard to put into words how amazing she made our special day. She was so personable and truly captured every moment of our wedding. Our photos are breathtaking. I would highly recommend her to everyone! She is simply the best!

Sent on 07/18/2017

Katherine · Married on 04/29/2017

We worked with Mariah for our April wedding. She was a joy to work with and made taking pictures fun and easy for two people that don't normally like being photographed! Her turnaround time for the pictures was quick, and we are extremely pleased with the results. Mariah is professional, flexible, and, perhaps most importantly, fun to work with!

Sent on 05/14/2017

Caroline · Married on 04/15/2017

If you're comparison-shopping for wedding photographers in the Seattle area: you can stop now! Mariah does fantastic work and her turn-around time for edited photos is unreal (we had our wedding pictures in under two weeks). Mariah was also generous enough to give us more edited images than were in our contract! Working with Mariah was the easiest and least stressful part of our wedding. All our guests enjoyed her presence; even my mom liked her, which is high praise :)

For those of you who dislike getting your pictures taken: Mariah makes it painless, and we were so pleased by the many wonderful moments she captured. If I were to get married again (hopefully not though!), I wouldn't hesitate at all to have Mariah take pictures.

Sent on 06/10/2017

Julia · Married on 04/08/2017

I couldn't have asked for a better photographer for my wedding events! Mariah was extremely responsive - getting back to me within 24 hours of my initial contact and creating a custom package for my courthouse Friday/reception Saturday night party. The day I booked her services, I asked if she had time to call me to talk over her thoughts on the 2-day event and based on her professionalism, flexibility and how well we got along on the phone, I knew she would be perfect! Leading up to the events, she was also extremely responsive - texting me right back about any last minute changes or ideas based the weather conditions (it was an April event). Within 2 weeks, I had her stunning photos and I could NOT be happier at the package she delivered. Even my mother and several guests commented on how amazing she was at the reception! Highly, highly recommend Mariah for such special days!

Sent on 04/24/2017

Mariah was a dream to work with and helped make my wedding day a success. She took gorgeous photos and I will be using her again in the future.

Sent on 03/19/2017

Jamie · Married on 03/11/2017

We were really lucky to find Mariah Gentry Photography. Mariah was easy to work with, professional, very accommodating and responsive to our needs. She had fun and never made us feel like we were being too demanding. Mariah never skipped a beat and was able to capture such lovely ever lasting photos of a short precious phase of my pregnancy, my newborn’s life, and the experience of us as first time parents. The whole process was smooth and professional. Alone the quality of her work speaks for itself. She was well prepared with her equipment and with poses and ideas but at the same time was open to our suggestions. Mariah Gentry Photography was worth the money we spent and more. Before we decided to go with her we had spoken to about 5 different photographers and none of them were offering what we got for the price we paid. We look forward to working with her throughout the years! Thank you so much Mariah! We love you!

Sent on 04/23/2017

Shima · Married on 03/11/2017

I have worked with other photographers before but I think what makes Mariah different is how passionate she is about photography and the extra time and effort she puts on each and every photo to make it look amazing.

I am so glad I was able to find Mariah for my wedding. She is very accommodating, flexible, experienced and on top of all the details. She arranged all the details ahead of time with me. At the time of our wedding she was very creative in giving us ideas to capture our special day, and she is genuinely a nice person. Even my guests loved her.

She provided all the photos in less than two weeks and edited over 600 images (much more than what was promised in the contract). She even included a beautiful video with our photos :). I was so lucky to find her and I hope I can work with her again on future occasions.

Sent on 03/23/2017

Sky · Married on 01/21/2017

First and foremost we want to say that Mariah does not deserve 5/5... She deserves MUCH more! lets say a 100/5!!

Not only was she on time, professional and able to capture our special moments during our wedding, but Mariah was also so much fun to be around, her lively character made it so easy to work with her.

We had moments at the church ceremony where we were on somewhat of a delay which meant that after the ceremony we had to quickly take photos before our time at the church ended and she knew how to gather up the troops, capture the moment and even deal with people jumping in to take smart phone shots or getting in the way of photos. All day Shaun and I only saw a smile on her face and we honestly would not have asked for a better photographer.

We requested to have an extra photographer as we had 300 guests and her assistant photographer - Taylor was also fantastic in every way, You can see the quality of work Mariah brings with her through her assistant photographer.

Not to mention how fast we received our edited photos... LESS THAN A WEEK AFTER THE WEDDING!!!!! and my goodness they are great quality. Shaun is actually a photographer as well and he could not believe how she processed all those photos (900 +) so quickly.

You're honestly a blessing to us Mariah you truly are. We are going to recommend you to everyone who needs a wedding photographer, You're too good not to mention. We really hope to see you again at other weddings in the future.

God Bless

Shaun & Sky

Sent on 02/10/2017
  • emh125

Elena · Married on 11/19/2016

Mariah was incredible from day one! She was very responsive throughout the planning process and had really affordable packages with incredible quality of work. Not to mention how flexible she was with us as we planned out our day and the type of coverage we would want. On the day of, she came early and had scoped out the neighborhood for good places to shoot given the unpredictable weather, which was a huge relief for us. And she made everyone feel immediately comfortable and she was really great with the kids. We got our pictures in less than two weeks and she even edited extras for us! I would highly recommend Mariah for weddings and other special events too, she is great!

Sent on 12/04/2016

Emily · Married on 10/22/2016

I cannot give enough praise to Mariah! She was an absolute joy to work with! We booked her for our wedding and she was AMAZING! She was very communicative before the wedding to planning and booking. The day of our wedding, she made sure to get all the shots we wanted and then SO MUCH MORE!! She has such a warm and embracing personality and she made everyone feel at ease. And there is not a single photo I don't love!! She captured every moment perfectly!! My husband and I just had a wonderful time reliving our perfect wedding day through the photos she sent us! I can't wait to share our pictures with our families. I won't hesitate to contact her when we need a photographer next!

Sent on 11/05/2016

Brittney · Married on 09/23/2016

Mariah was a dream to work with, I cannot recommend her enough! She arrived early and worked every second she was with us. We never felt like we were spending hours with a stranger. She was so personable and friendly with all of our guests, many asked later if she was a friend of ours.
    When it came time to take some family photos, she did an AMAZING job of getting the kid's attention and making them smile and laugh. She was able to quickly round up the people we needed and she had a clear plan in her mind of how to execute all of the tiers of family shots. (Something I hadn't prepped for!)
    My husband and I worried with any photography was feeling awkward in front of the camera or not knowing how to pose ourselves. As soon Mariah arrived she took the lead and started guiding us and posing us in ways that made us comfortable but also look great!
    Lastly, the photos turned out amazing. The colors were so sharp, she cleaned up any blemishes we had without wildly over editing, and the quality was just spectacular overall. I didn't count, but she provided way more photos than listed on her website.

She truly captured our day and our personality. I am so grateful for the photos I'll be able to cherish forever!

Sent on 10/06/2016

Heather · Married on 09/13/2016

Mariah is INCREDIBLE!!! She is an amazing photographer and was very supportive,kind and professional! She Made sure to capture everything that was happening! She also made sure to keep us all on track since we had a timeline we wanted to follow. We could not have asked for a better photographer!!! So thankful we found her !!! She is truly the best !!!!

Sent on 09/23/2016

Brian · Married on 09/02/2016

Mariah did both our engagement photos and our wedding photos. Absolutely TOP LEVEL in every aspect. She made us feel extremely comfortable and didn't linger on any single pose. Pictures have always felt forced and drawn out until we worked with Mariah. She has a natural talent to make you laugh and capture the moment each time. Her flexibility was also tremendously helpful as I am on call for work and naturally it interrupted a scheduled session. Her communication is clear and prompt and there were no surprises. It's an easy decision to go with Mariah!

Sent on 09/29/2016

amanda · Married on 08/11/2016

Let me preface this review by saying that my career is research. So, when it came to wedding planning... I can't stress enough how many hours of research I did. Any woman and man planning their own wedding knows :) So when I say I researched every photographer in Seattle, WA and beyond I'm not exaggerating. I was nervous about all of my vendors because we had a destination wedding (we are based in NYC) and I didn't have the opportunity to meet anyone face to face.

Mariah immediately feels like your best friend. My family and friends couldn't have been more wonderful, but it's an emotional day for them (probably more than the bride and groom, honestly). So, to have someone and especially someone who is capturing these moments forever feel like that and take control in a way that feels completely natural is remarkable. I would have been happy if the pictures were just "okay" because she was that sweet and wonderful.

Her pictures were AMAZING. I am not a crier and I looked at the little thumbnails on my phone with my husband for the first time and we laughed and cried and looked at them over and over again.

Mariah Gentry should be your first choice. She's the BEST. We're beyond grateful.

Sent on 08/26/2016

Patty · Married on 08/07/2016

Mariah was our photographer for our wedding August 7, 2016. From the start she was amazing! Always available to talk no matter the day or time. The day of th wedding she was amazing! She not only took absolutely beautiful photos but, also was a great resource for last minute things my husband and I forgot about. She is hands down one the BEST photographers I have ever worked with. She's is now not just our photographer but our lifelong friend. We can't wait to work with her again in our future!

Sent on 08/23/2016

Monica · Married on 08/06/2016

Mariah was so amazing! She was so nice and responsive from the beginning. She was very flexible with the hours and was able to work out a schedule that worked out for us. And her prices were very reasonable. The day of the wedding she was super sweet. She has a great eye for good shots and backgrounds. She was able to make everyone from 4 to 90 feel comfortable with pictures. She was even able to calm me down and adapted quickly to getting a shot of 20 family members. We received the photos quicker than expected. Both candid and staged shots were great. Loved loved loved Mariah, cannot say enough good things about her. Book her for your wedding, you will not regret it!

Sent on 08/23/2016

Emily · Married on 07/30/2016

Mariah is fantastic. From the first email to the final photo delivery Mariah was very professional, easy to communicate with, so helpful. Mariah was amazing in coming up with ideas on how to work with my tight wedding day timeline, getting everyone smiling for pictures, and everything else in between. I cannot recommend Mariah enough for any of your photographing needs. She has a smile that is contagious and she truly loves her job, which makes getting great photos easy! Quick turnaround, beautifully edited photos, and all raw images as well. Hiring Mariah for your wedding will be one of the best choices you make!

Sent on 11/28/2016