Mariah Gentry Photography Reviews

162 | Seattle, WA

162 Reviews for Mariah Gentry Photography

Lauren · Married on 11/12/2017

I can not speak highly enough of Mariah and her talents! She not only delivered thousands of gorgeous photos she helped me plan out my wedding day and offered dry and rainy weather options and completely put my anxieties at ease. She responded to my neurotic emails within hours and offered solutions to the most perplexing dilemmas. Not only is she insanely talented she made me feel absolutely gorgeous and 100% at ease. We formed a quick connection and I felt as though a close friend was with me the entire day, just what you need on the most important day of your life thus far. Do not hesitate and hire Mariah ASAP; I have received numerous compliments on our photos and I need an excuse to hire her again!

Sent on 02/03/2018

Taylor · Married on 11/09/2017

If your unsure of who to choose for your photographer - look no further! Choose Mariah!!
    We could not be happier with our decision to have Mariah capture our special day!!! Initially, we were on the fence about taking engagement photos and ended up deciding we will only get engaged once so we might as well capture this great time. I could not be happier that we ended up getting our engagement photos done by Mariah!! We do not take photos often so we were nervous before meeting her. Mariah instantly made us comfortable and it felt as if we knew her for years!

Mariah is amazing with her response time, is very professional, and is incredibly talented. Mariah offers very affordable packages and provides clients with amazing final products. We really lucked out with Mariah and we are so excited to have her capture our wedding day. It's safe to say that we will always turn to Mariah to capture our future special events and will continue to recommend her services to others!

Sent on 01/11/2017

Jason · Married on 10/19/2017

I'll keep this brief: I highly recommend Mariah Gentry! And I usually don't write recommendations, haha.

Pre-Shoot: Seamless Communication (responses were usually immediate, or within a few hours), Extremely Transparent, and Personable Advice for Day of. And might I add, very patient since I tend to ask a ton of questions through email.

Day of Shoot: Unbelievably Punctual (showed up 18+ minutes earlier than us and 100% ready-to-go! (I actually checked my time-stamps and we tried to make it earlier too of course)) and really fun and easy to work with! Knew the location like the back of her hand and made the rain work for us! Also, great instincts to capitalize on the brief reprieve of rain before it started pouring again! Finally, made my dad laugh, and my wife's mom laugh, which is rare!

Post-Shoot: Excellent follow-up and quick turnaround! The edited and raw photos were amazing, and there were also ready-to-view sites with photos and a lovely video of the photos to view for friends and family! Oh, and we received many more edited photos than were promised. A lovely wedding gift!

Sent on 11/02/2017

Marysa · Married on 10/19/2017

Mariah is one of the most amazing people we have ever met. She is so genuine, sweet, and hard working. She did our engagement photos and our wedding photos and we couldn't have asked for a better person to work with. She was on time, professional and really went above and beyond to make us feel beautiful. She would help us with poses, fix our posture, fix any flyaways, and make people feel comfortable in front of the camera! Our guests raved about her and how sweet she was, and we will not hesitate to go back to her in the future for any photography needs :) She was also extremely helpful and responsive about our timeline and plans for the day! She got us all of our photos within her 2 week promise (she was actually a couple of days early) and she included a beautiful video. Words cannot express how thankful we are to have found her. Do not hesitate to book her, she is 1000 percent worth it! Her images are stunning, her prices are great, and her personality/energy is wonderful.

Sent on 03/30/2018

Keyahnna · Married on 10/03/2017

After months of searching for the right photographer for our elopement we finally found Mariah. We were having a major issue with photographers not responding to our emails or their services being out of our budget. However, Mariah was very quick to respond to our emails and had incredible pricing for what we needed.

Since we were coming from Oregon for our elopement and didn't have time to really look at locations for our ceremony due to our work schedules; I reached out to Mariah asking for suggestions and she sent us a list of locations she thought would be a good match for our personalities. One of her suggestions was the new addition at Pike, we loved the idea and ultimately had the ceremony there. I would also like to point out how flexible she was when it came to our wedding, we didn't decide on the location until two days before the ceremony because we wanted to see it in person, which she was surprisingly okay with.

Now onto the wedding day, I have worked with many photographers in the past and she was by far the best when it came to making you feel comfortable and helping pose you. Not only did she show up to the hotel early for the getting ready pictures, but everyone after the ceremony couldn't stop talking about how great she was at making them feel comfortable. She truly has a genuine warm and kind personality, one that has the ability to ease the nerves of everyone around her.

I would recommend her to anyone looking for a wedding/engagement photographer, she's very professional and great to work with.

Sent on 10/21/2017

Margaret · Married on 09/23/2017

My husband and I got married last month and I CAN NOT STOP raving about Mariah. She was absolutely amazing every step of the way. We live half way across the country, but when she showed up the morning of the wedding and we met for the first time...I felt so comfortable with her. She absolutely understood what we wanted, and made every crazy beautiful shot we wanted happen. When we got our Wedding photos back, before schedule, my husband and I were blown away beyond expectation. Did I mention how our friends and family can't stop talking about how great she was too. I'm definalty rambling at this point, but I can't say enough about her and her work. I'll leave you with this...Mariah is a no brainer...if you can book her DO IT!!
    Thank You Thank You Mariah from the bottom of my heart!

Sent on 10/16/2017

Abigail · Married on 08/20/2017

After pouring through fourteen pages of photographers listed in Wedding Wire I came across Mariah Gentry Photography. Her beautiful logo caught my attention and I looked through her wedding photos posted on her website. I loved her style which was vibrant, cheery, and colorful. I noticed many other photographers tend to over edit their pictures, but Mariah knows how to capture a moment with very little need of editing. When we decided to hire her she was always prompt and swift when responding back to emails. There wasn't a question I couldn't ask, and even tough questions where met with pleasant responses.
    When we met with Mariah for our engagement shoot in Seattle she was so kind, bubbly, and in charge. It was nice to have her direct us where to stand and how to pose in order for the photos to turn out the best! she will catch your fly away hairs ladies :) At the end of our engagement shoot I knew we were in good hands. She is naturally very genuine and professional and so fun to work with. She quickly was able to turn around our Engagement shoot in order for us to use them for our invitations!
    When it came to the wedding day she arrived and jumped right in. She gets along well with other vendors, and has great advice throughout the whole day. I planned my own wedding and had done extensive spreed sheets of the day and order of events. but there are instances when what to do next isn't clear. The biggest blessing was how she was able to guide us along our day and suggesting what to do in those unclear moments. You don't realize how much time you spend with your photographer throughout the day and she was always helpful and had the experience we could gleam from. The wedding photos turned out beautiful! I will be calling her for future events!
    Overall I would say Mariah is...
    Full of life, professional, bubbly, positive attitude, good work ethic, works well with others, accommodating, punctual, and we couldn't have asked for a better photographer.

Sent on 08/24/2017

Lindsay · Married on 08/12/2017

I had the absolute best experience! Mariah not only is a fabulous photographer, she was able to get my husband and I to open up the photographs (we have a hard time with this). She treated me like family she fit right in and made everything feel so right and like a wedding day not a photo op. SO HAPPY with the results of the photographs!!!!!

Sent on 08/17/2017

Britney · Married on 08/12/2017

We can't say enough good things about Mariah. She's AMAZING. We feel so lucky that we had her as our wedding photographer. We just got our photos back and we are able to re-live the day. She was great with our families and guests. I was a little nervous and camera-shy and she created an environment that I could be comfortable in and really enjoy the day. Thank you, Mariah! XO

Sent on 08/26/2017

Sarah · Married on 08/09/2017

Mariah was amazing! I hired her for my outdoor wedding; I would consider myself a high stress person, but she kept me calm(er) and kept things moving making sure I didn't look stressed in the photos. She kept making sure I had water, and she helped me look perfect on the day. We did a practice photo after we thought make up was done, then we realized we needed a little more contour as the natural light washed me out. She also helped a bunch when my dress wasn't cooperating.

I absolutely love my wedding photos, and I typically don't like photos of myself. If I need a photographer for another special event I know who to call, and I would highly recommend Mariah to anyone planning their wedding.

Sent on 08/31/2017
  • Miranda

Miranda · Married on 07/29/2017

Mariah is an absolutely amazing photographer! Not only does she do amazing work as a photographer, she was my biggest advocate on the day of the wedding. She helped the hair stylist achieve a flawless look with my hair and also assisted in making sure my makeup was spot on for photographs. She was there for us 100% of the time, leading up to the wedding, during the wedding, and after. She did our engagement photos, which were mesmerizing, and turned them around in record time.

She gives off the most amazing energy, while helping you make sure you get the best shot. You can't help but want to do what she says because she is so sweet, supportive, and genuine in the pursuit for the perfect photos.

Mariah is a bargain at her asking price, and could easily follow the trend of other local photographers and charge twice as much. But she doesn't, and she made a cost conscious bride have just as successful a wedding as one who has all the money in the world.

My husband and I would recommend Mariah to anyone who is looking to get a genuinely good hearted person, with your best interests at heart, to help you capture your special moments in life. She is a lifelong friend.

Sent on 08/08/2017

Lindsey · Married on 07/23/2017

We met Mariah when she was photographing my husband's sister's wedding. She was so fun, positive and sweet. We loved how their pictures turned out so it was an easy choice for our wedding the following summer. I couldn't be happier we went with Mariah. She captured the day perfectly and was a dream to work with. I HIGHLY recommend her!

Sent on 08/08/2017

Mariel · Married on 07/22/2017

Wedding: Mariah shot our wedding, and is such a pro! She sent us the photos within 2 wks, and I am in love, they are so amazing. She captured the day perfectly. I am blown away by her work and the quality of the images.
    But even more so I am thankful that she was around on the day of. She set the tone for the first few hours (first look, group photos) and she was calm, upbeat, smiling (very helpful as I got tired and cranky!). She helped me center and focus, and we got some amazing photos. She had a great sense of when we needed some direction and was so helpful. I could not have asked for anything more, or imagine our day without her. Guests complimented her to me both at the wedding and after. I am so happy we got to work with Mariah.
    She stayed helpful and responsive through the entire 9+ months we were in contact. I also appreciate her straight-forward business operations. I read a lot about photographers charging to have a watermark removed, or controlling what clients do with images of their own wedding. With Mariah, you co-own the photos - she sent a slideshow, a gallery, and a zip file, and you can use them how you want. She is just fantastic.
    ***
    Engagement Session: Mariah made the entire thing so enjoyable! We really wanted to avoid forced poses, and Mariah did a great job of capturing us in a natural way, while still setting us up to get some wonderful photos. I was pretty nervous about the whole thing, but she made it easy to get into and forget what we were doing and that really eased my self-conciousness. The photos turned out better than I imagined! I am so happy to have something so lovely to send out on our Save the Dates. Mariah is a fantastic value for the results that you get. She is extremely responsive and communicative. She even answered some non-photography questions I had about our venue, timeline, and other vendors. She really knows her stuff, and having her in our corner has already been worth it.

Sent on 11/28/2016

Erica · Married on 06/23/2017

We couldn't recommend Mariah more! Not only did we LOVE our photos; her responsiveness, organization, friendliness, experience, and skill were far beyond what we could've hoped for. She totally captured the fun of our day and gave us the photo memories that we were hoping for. She was wonderful to work with and we highly, highly recommend Mariah!

Sent on 07/29/2017

Shelley · Married on 06/22/2017

Mariah was so amazing, and I couldn't have wished for a better experience for our wedding. I set up a last-minute surprise for my husband (silly first look session) and she was not only excited about the idea, she had fun ideas which made for even better photographs than what I had in mind. She was extremely responsive to all my questions and very flexible as well. She is so funny, kind, and endearing you will enjoy just having her around. Her photographs were beyond beautiful and her turn around time was faster than promised. You cannot go wrong choosing her as your photographer (and her prices can't be beat). We feel so lucky to have had her to capture our big day, and give us such lovely photos to forever remember how special our wedding day was.

Sent on 06/30/2017

Alexandra · Married on 06/18/2017

I wish I could give Mariah 10 stars!! I cannot say enough about Mariah…she is an absolute must if you want the perfect wedding!! Not only did she deliver STUNNING pictures, but she provided more than we had contracted for and gave them before the promised date. Mariah has an eye for detail and creativity and it translated into our pictures. She made sure our hair was combed back perfectly so that it didn’t create shadows on our faces and that our posture was erect. We’ve got a variety of pictures with different backgrounds. I love looking at our pictures!! It’s like reliving the day over and over. In addition to our beautiful pictures, Mariah’s packages are VERY reasonable. Mariah is also an AMAZING person to work with! She is sweet, kind and patient. I am very camera shy, but I was completely at ease with her. She gave me direction and just made me feel comfortable. Our pictures are PERFECT! Grab Mariah before she books up!

Sent on 07/10/2017

Cassandra · Married on 06/17/2017

We are so lucky to have found Mariah! To think we almost couldn't book her! When I started the search for a photographer I perused online for local photographers that were affordable. Mariah caught my attention because of the glowing reviews she had on yelp - the reviews talked about how sweet she was, and how easy it was to become comfortable around her (taking pictures is always awkward for us!). When I saw her website I fell in love with her pictures which was exactly what I was looking for - light, natural, true to emotion of the people in the pictures, simply beautiful. I wanted to book her immediately and almost wasn't able to because none of the dates seem to work out. Even when she thought that I was not able to book her due to time conflict, Mariah STILL tried to help with advice on venues, recommendations for places with the aesthetic I liked - when I wasn't even her customer yet! Ultimately I booked my venue the one day she was available, and am so pleased. She was really patient with us, communicating back and forth trying to accommodate our hectic schedule. She even recommended canceling the first date that we chose because the weather didn't look so good - we would have been none the wiser had she not told us. So glad we switched dates because the actual photo shoot date was beautiful! We just finished our engagement shoot which was a ton of fun. My fiancé particularly hates taking photos, but she made everything super comfortable and relaxed while she guided us through poses. I can't wait till the actual day of the wedding to see what beautiful photos she takes next!

Sent on 01/27/2017

Cassie · Married on 06/17/2017

I feel BEYOND LUCKY to have been able to book Mariah!!! I can not even fathom another experience had our timing not worked out. Mariah is the sweetest, most genuine person and yet absolutely a professional to the highest standard. On the day of the wedding, she kept us all in line, kept us on time, and even gave tips to my stylist to ensure picture perfect makeup, taught my bridesmaid how to fluff my dress.... she is a pro and can do it all! She does all of this with a huge smile on her face with such a sense of calm, competence, positivity and warmth. She helped me feel at ease, more confident, and truly special that day. She treated me and my now husband and our entire wedding party as if our wedding was the most important thing she'll ever do (though i'm sure she is Extremely busy!!). On a day that is as hectic and as stressful as your wedding day, it means the WORLD to have that kind of support, and care to really ground you and pick up your spirit. Even though she was a one man show, I could NOT have asked for an ounce more of attention. I would not change a single thing about our experience with her. Although I haven't seen the wedding photos yet (*edit* we have now seen the photos and they are GORGEOUS), I am confident after seeing or engagement photos that they will all be stunning, captivating and true to the spirit of the entire day. She strives to capture the beauty in real moments, real joy, the uniqueness of you! Her level of character and integrity is so hard to find in an endless pool of vendors, and I really feel that it was a PRIVILEGE to have been able to work with Mariah. She's the best!!!

Sent on 06/28/2017

Melissa · Married on 06/10/2017

I can honestly say that choosing Mariah as my photographer was the best decision I made in planning my wedding. I did not meet her until the day of, and she captivated everyone at the wedding with her sweet personality and had us laughing and completely comfortable. She even helped to re-tie my dress when the corset loosened. Her prices were shockingly reasonable and she went above and beyond in how quickly she provided the photos, I think we had them maybe 5 days after the wedding! I honestly cannot say enough good things about her and my experience with her and will definitely be using her services again.

Sent on 06/14/2018

Cori · Married on 05/13/2017

I'm not even sure where to start talking about how much we love Mariah! Beautiful photography was my number one priority for our wedding and I knew the moment that I found her website that she was the photographer for us. Her photos are bright, happy and you can feel the love just looking at them. What more could you want from wedding photos? She was very responsive, professional, helpful, and darn-right lovely and she captured all the little vintage details that I infused into the wedding. Her cheery, positive attitude comes through in her photos and the photos she took for us were everything I wanted them to be. She made the time to meet with us to do the original booking in person (I asked because I wanted to make sure we clicked!) which we very much appreciated, She also makes it a rule to reserve your wedding day only for you which came in handy because we ended up hiring her for a little more time at the end of the night to catch our grand exit. We're forever grateful to Mariah for offering affordable photography packages and for doing such a beautiful job at our wedding. We would hire her again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 09/27/2017

Devon · Married on 05/07/2017

Mariah is AMAZING!! She was the best possible choice for my husband and I on our wedding day. She made me and my family feel so comfortable and knew exactly what to say to help us capture stunning pictures!! She helped us get through our day in so many ways, from helping calm me down to giving us the low down on cake cutting...she guided us through every step even when we had no clue what we were doing! She is a kind, compassionate human being who truly enjoys what she does and it shows in her attitude right through to the beautiful pictures she produces!! I cannot speak highly enough of her and we will definitely be recommending her to everyone!!

Sent on 05/31/2017

Stephanie · Married on 04/30/2017

Mariah is an outstanding photographer! It's hard to put into words how amazing she made our special day. She was so personable and truly captured every moment of our wedding. Our photos are breathtaking. I would highly recommend her to everyone! She is simply the best!

Sent on 07/18/2017

Katherine · Married on 04/29/2017

We worked with Mariah for our April wedding. She was a joy to work with and made taking pictures fun and easy for two people that don't normally like being photographed! Her turnaround time for the pictures was quick, and we are extremely pleased with the results. Mariah is professional, flexible, and, perhaps most importantly, fun to work with!

Sent on 05/14/2017

Caroline · Married on 04/15/2017

If you're comparison-shopping for wedding photographers in the Seattle area: you can stop now! Mariah does fantastic work and her turn-around time for edited photos is unreal (we had our wedding pictures in under two weeks). Mariah was also generous enough to give us more edited images than were in our contract! Working with Mariah was the easiest and least stressful part of our wedding. All our guests enjoyed her presence; even my mom liked her, which is high praise :)

For those of you who dislike getting your pictures taken: Mariah makes it painless, and we were so pleased by the many wonderful moments she captured. If I were to get married again (hopefully not though!), I wouldn't hesitate at all to have Mariah take pictures.

Sent on 06/10/2017

Julia · Married on 04/08/2017

I couldn't have asked for a better photographer for my wedding events! Mariah was extremely responsive - getting back to me within 24 hours of my initial contact and creating a custom package for my courthouse Friday/reception Saturday night party. The day I booked her services, I asked if she had time to call me to talk over her thoughts on the 2-day event and based on her professionalism, flexibility and how well we got along on the phone, I knew she would be perfect! Leading up to the events, she was also extremely responsive - texting me right back about any last minute changes or ideas based the weather conditions (it was an April event). Within 2 weeks, I had her stunning photos and I could NOT be happier at the package she delivered. Even my mother and several guests commented on how amazing she was at the reception! Highly, highly recommend Mariah for such special days!

Sent on 04/24/2017