Mariah Gentry Photography Reviews

111 Reviews for Mariah Gentry Photography

111 Mariah Gentry Photography Reviews
  • Sandra

Sandra Taylor · Married on 11/01/2018

Mariah Gentry Photography SHINES!

Despite how windy a day it was in Seattle, Mariah Gentry arrived at my daughter's wedding shoot with a sparkle about her that kept us all smiling. Mariah's love for photography showed in every aspect of the shoot, from our first phone contact, through the wedding day, to receiving the final collection of amazing images.

Confident and professional, at the courthouse, she knew all of the ins and outs of the sign in procedure, and the best locations to capture a few extra shots while waiting our turn to be in front of the judge.

We were all unquestionably at ease with Mariah as she stopped to adjust small details, the way fabric flows or hair blows in the wind or sometimes she used a windy moment to take advantage of for a more interesting shot. She gave very good direction, in order to highlight the love between the "soon to be married" couple. The whole afternoon went seamlessly, much to her credit.

Thanks for the memories, Mariah Gentry!

I highly recommend Mariah Gentry Photography.

• F

Fran Thomas · Married on 10/23/2018

Absolutely the best!

Mariah Gentry Photography is regaled as a top notch wedding photographer. That said, she graciously agreed to photograph my almost adult son for an important upcoming photo deadline. Mariah made my son feel so comfortable. Her suggestions were spot on for stellar photos in two different venues. The quality of her work is outstanding, and her technical expertise is precise! Mariah accepted all of our requests with absolute positivity and cheerfulness. It is so clear she loves what she does! She is a gem to be sure. We'll be hiring Mariah again for another photo shoot in spring. In addition, as she advertises, there are no hidden fees! No additional costs, and the turn around time for photos is two weeks or sooner! In our case it was sooner,., BRAVO MARIAH! THANK YOU MARIAH!!!

Mariah Gentry Photography 1
  • Summer

Summer LaViolette · Married on 10/19/2018

Best Photographer Ever!!!

Mariah, words cannot even begin to show how much we appreciate how perfect and amazing you were on our special day! Before you arrived, we were stressed beyond words and it was you who took us off to the side and calmed us down and made us begin to take in and enjoy our day. Your amazing energy and personality was so contagious that it put everyone in such a wonderful place. Your attention to detail and capturing our most special moments went far beyond our expectations. It was beyond evident that you genuinely cared about capturing our special day and not just doing a job. You literally captured everything that we dreamed that would be captured and the photos are beyond beautiful! You generously giving us all these photos and a beautiful video beyond what was promised is a testament of how amazing of a person you are.
    Thank you so much!!
    Love,
    Summer & Michael

Michael Bomia · Married on 10/19/2018

Beyond expectations!!

When Mariah worked as our photographer for our wedding, we were completely blown away by her enthusiasm, professionalism, quality of work, and spirit!! Her energy was unbelievable as she would hurry to make sure she captured the night's most special moments! She would give us words of encouragement when she could tell we were stressed and made sure nobody had clothing flaws before she took the photos. The quality of her photos are beyond beautiful. Everything exceeded my expectations by far!! Thank you, Mariah!

Morena Calvo · Married on 10/06/2018

The Kindest and Most Talented!

Mariah not only loves her job but is a phenomenal photographer and businesswoman. She was helpful at every step of the process, and I’m not sure our wedding would have been nearly as successful if it weren’t for her presence. I loved getting to know her and her approach to photography at our engagement session, but she truly shined on the wedding day and the days leading up to it. She constantly put me at ease in terms of timing, weather, and logistics. Everyone in my wedding party commented on how friendly and professional she was, and that winning combination resulted in absolutely beautiful shots. Beyond her one-of-a-kind, genuine spirit, she’s also extremely efficient and organized. She delivered our photos within the promised two weeks — lighting fast!

Solmary · Married on 09/30/2018

Simply amazing!

No words can express how thankful we are to have found Mariah for our wedding photography. We could not have picked a better photographer. Mariah went above and beyond to make our wedding day perfect. We felt so comfortable around her and her assistant.

Our pictures turned out absolutely PERFECT! Not only did she deliver the pictures we had agreed upon, but double the amount of edited pictures. We were debating whether or not to hire a videographer, but one wasn't needed as Mariah was able to capture every single moment of our wedding. We can re-live our wedding just by scrolling through our pictures.

Her professionalism, attention to detail, and the passion for what she does definitely came through every single detail starting from the very first email we exchanged, our wedding day, and the last email we received with our finalized pictures. She is absolutely AMAZING!

Mariah Gentry Photography 2
    Mariah Gentry Photography 3
    Mariah Gentry Photography 4

Samantha · Married on 09/22/2018

We loved working with Mariah! She did our engagement pictures and our wedding pictures. We could not have asked for a more professional, kind and thoughtful photographer.

During our engagement session she immediately made us feel comfortable and did an amazing job of capturing our relationship and who we are.

On our wedding day she was at the venue when we showed up and was ready to go! She did an amazing job capturing our large wedding party and various family members. It was a large crew for her to get together and I had made a extra long shot list. She made sure to capture all of the photos I requested plus did an amazing job working with our venue to capture the beauty of the venue as well.

We got ready at our reception venue, the ceremony was at the church and after the ceremony we went to Kerry Park to get more pictures before the reception. Mariah was there every step of the way! I was beyond impressed that we were never waiting for her to show up, as the day had a lot of traveling and dealing with Seattle traffic.

We could not have been happier with our decision to hire Mariah! She made sure our wedding ran smoothly and was heavily captured. We are beyond excited to see our wedding photos but I couldn’t wait to write Mariah a positive review! Engaged couples looking for a photographer that will exceed all of your expectations, I highly recommend Mariah! We could not have had a better experience! Thank you, Mariah!

Rebecca · Married on 09/15/2018

Mariah is the sweetest person! She made my husband feel so comfortable at our engagement photo shoot I knew we picked the right person to capture our wedding day. The weather forecast was for thunderstorms on our wedding day. Mariah reached out early with a recommended change for pictures prior to the ceremony. She captured our day perfectly and she has the fastest turn around time!

Mariah Gentry Photography 5
    Mariah Gentry Photography 6
    Mariah Gentry Photography 7
    Mariah Gentry Photography 8
    Mariah Gentry Photography 9

Amanda · Married on 09/02/2018

You can always tell when someone is doing something they are passionate about, and that is the case for Mariah. I do not really know how to create a review that captures how above and beyond she went for our wedding. All that I can say is that every single guest commented about how professional she was, how she seemed to be everywhere capturing everything at the same time, and how she was so friendly and personable! We wanted some good pictures of our wedding at an affordable price. Instead, we got thousands (literally) of amazing photographs for what seems like a bargain. Throughout the entire wedding planning process, she responded to any correspondence within the day (if not within the hour), even if that meant texting because she did not have internet connection. From helping us plan a timeline for the day of the wedding to suggesting ways to best optimize our shooting time, she was there for us. Not only do you get the sense that she genuinely cares about your photos, but also that she cares about you and your experience of the event. She is one of those people that you think, “wow, I want to be her friend,” and that is the level of service and flexibility that she provides. Thank you, Mariah, for providing us and our families with pictures that we will cherish forever.

Mariah Gentry Photography 10
    Mariah Gentry Photography 11
    Mariah Gentry Photography 12
    Mariah Gentry Photography 13
    Mariah Gentry Photography 14
    Mariah Gentry Photography 15

Emily · Married on 09/01/2018

Mariah was hands down the sweetest, easiest and the best photographer we could have ever asked for. There was a couple of times when I started to feel overwhelmed and she knew exactly what to say and do to calm me down, or reassure me that the pictures were turning out. We got our photos back in 2 weeks exactly and it brought so much happiness and excitement to relive our wedding day and see her amazing shots. I would recommend her 100% to any and everyone and I hope there is another happy occasion where we get the chance to work with her again. Thank you for everything Mariah, you truly are the best!!

Aimee · Married on 08/26/2018

Mariah was spectacular. It was like discovering we'd hired the close friend we didn't know we had to document the most important day of our lives. Despite getting married herself just a month before, she checked in with us often so that we felt comfortable and confident with her from the beginning. On the day of, she was ready to go from the moment she arrived and was a wonderful presence of warmth and excitement all day. She went above and beyond her role as photographer to really ensure that our day went as smoothly as possible, acting as a go between with the venue staff and ourselves, and even helping the groomsmen to fasten their boutonnieres! The photos were gorgeous of course, and she got them to us within two weeks of the wedding so we got to relive the whole day over again just as we were beginning to settle back into routine. I cannot say enough good things about Mariah; even some of our guests mentioned to us how impressed they were. I highly recommend her services.

Stephanie · Married on 08/25/2018

Working with Mariah for our engagement shoot and our wedding was amazing! We absolutely love our photos! Mariah is kind, thoughtful, and an outstanding photographer. She goes above and beyond what you would expect (fixing out-of-place hairs, helping with the timeline, helping my bridal party practice our walk, discretely arranging my dress during the ceremony, etc.)! One thing that was important to us was having natural/non-awkward photos. Mariah made us feel SO comfortable in front of the camera and we were able to just be ourselves. She was also able to get my huge family together for photos in an efficient manner. The day truly would not have been the same without her.

Alicia · Married on 08/19/2018

Mariah was the pinnacle of professionalism, quality, and creativity! Everyone in our family and wedding party all asked "where did you find her?!" because she was so amazing! We couldn't have asked for someone better! She knew exactly what to do, and caught some incredible moments! I would recommend her to anyone!

Mariah Gentry Photography 16
    Mariah Gentry Photography 17
    Mariah Gentry Photography 18

Margaret · Married on 08/18/2018

I hired Mariah for my engagement and wedding photos, and she is is absolutely AMAZING! Not only is she super talented in her work, she is so compassionate, genuine and overall a great human being. She is also very responsive and truly cares in making your day special. She even helped me stay calm when my wedding party was running a bit behind schedule for pictures, making sure that everything worked out in the end. I cannot recommend her enough and look forward to using her services again for any future photographic needs!

Margaret

Lindsey · Married on 08/11/2018

Mariah was such a pleasure to work with! She was professional, thoughtful, and creative in making our day so special. We relied on her knowledge and experience throughout the planning process to make sure we did not miss any details when it came to the big day. Mariah also made our family and friends feel confident and cared for. Honestly, we could not have asked for a better person to guide us through our wedding...she even made sure we signed our marriage certificate after the ceremony! Thank you so much Mariah!

Mariah Gentry Photography 19
    Mariah Gentry Photography 20
    Mariah Gentry Photography 21
    Mariah Gentry Photography 22

Jessica · Married on 06/23/2018

Mariah was a pleasure to work with. I was planning this wedding across the country so it meant a lot to me to have vendors that were helpful and responsive, both traits that Mariah demonstrated before the wedding. During my wedding, she was extremely friendly, had such a bright and positive attitude during the whole event (instructing people in such a pleasant manner). She also was helpful in general, when I needed help with my dress or flowers - she was right there. Lastly, she turned the photos around so quickly and they were great. Thank you so much Mariah!

Mariah Gentry Photography 23
    Mariah Gentry Photography 24
    Mariah Gentry Photography 25
    Mariah Gentry Photography 26
    Mariah Gentry Photography 27

Nicole · Married on 06/20/2018

Mariah is one of the best around. Not only was her work ethic strong but her marvoulous, positive personality made our wedding and engagement photo shoots all the better. I would recommend her to anyone, I honestly can’t wait to work with her again.

Mariah Gentry Photography 28

Katrina · Married on 06/09/2018

Mariah was fantastic. Initially we only wanted to hire her for our engagement photos because we were not planning on having the wedding in Seattle. But after the engagement session (and our decision to move the wedding up here) we decided Mariah was the only choice to be our photographer. She was so quick to respond to us and easy to work with! My fiancé has a hard time relaxing for photos, but somehow she made him look comfortable and natural. We had agreed to set number edited pictures, but when she emailed us the final product, we had more than twice the agreed upon amount! We cannot wait to work with her again!

Update as our Wedding Photographer:
    Mariah was amazing! I do not know if I can accurately sing her praises! I feel so lucky that we were able to find her. I cannot imagine having any other photographer capture our wedding. She also goes well above and beyond! She was easy to get in touch with whenever I had a question. She helped me finalize details such as the wedding timeline. She also gave us suggestions for other vendors.

The day before the wedding she worked with us to establish a rain plan for pre-wedding photos, even though she was getting ready to work another wedding at the time.

She was also great at getting every picture we wanted in the exact amount of time we had allowed, even though our ring bearer would not cooperate. Speaking of, she was great with my 4 year old cousin and got him to take at least one picture!

Everyone at our wedding came up to tell us how wonderful they thought Mariah was. They were shocked that she seemed to be everywhere at once, taking pictures, but was not intrusive! She is so kind and warm and feels more like a friend by the end!

And her pictures are GORGEOUS! I love them so much. She gave us three times as many photos as we had originally agreed to and she got them back to us within the two weeks after the wedding that she promised. Mariah is honestly the best! I love her to pieces!

Mariah Gentry Photography 29
    Mariah Gentry Photography 36
    Mariah Gentry Photography 37
    Mariah Gentry Photography 38

Collette · Married on 05/19/2018

What to say about Mariah.. If I could give her more than 5 stars I would. I would give her 100 + stars. She made everything so wonderful from the moment she walked in the door. My husband and I are the worst picture takers, smade everything so easy and fun. Her bubbly, outgoing personality made everyone feel at ease. I received my picture so quick and they were BEAUTIFUL. I honestly felt like I was re-living the day looking at the pictures she took. Its been 2 weeks since our wedding and we are both still going on about how wonderful she was. She is truly fantastic and has a love for what she does.

Mariah Gentry Photography 39
    Mariah Gentry Photography 40
    Mariah Gentry Photography 41
    Mariah Gentry Photography 42

Shawn · Married on 05/18/2018

There is no way we could possibly convey in words how wonderful it was working with Mariah on our wedding day. Both for our engagement photos and our wedding day, Mariah put us at ease, made us smile, and brought the best out of everyone. Working with her truly felt like working with a friend. We could not have imagined a better experience through the entire process, from our first meeting to discuss options all the way to receiving our photos (ahead of schedule and more images than promised!) after our big day.

And OH MY GOODNESS, are these images gorgeous! She truly brought out the best in everyone she photographed and captured our personalities perfectly. The photos do not feel like any old wedding photos, but special to us and who we are. We were truly blown away at how Mariah captured the experience of our wedding so perfectly.

We would absolutely recommend Mariah to everyone! Thank you so much, Mariah!

Mariah Gentry Photography 43
    Mariah Gentry Photography 44
    Mariah Gentry Photography 45
    Mariah Gentry Photography 46
    Mariah Gentry Photography 47
    Mariah Gentry Photography 48
    Mariah Gentry Photography 49

S · Married on 05/05/2018

They say you get what you pay for, with Mariah, you get so much more! She was super responsive to questions and incredibly attentive to every little detail day of. I received several compliments from guests on how fantastic the photographers were. She made us feel comfortable and totally at ease, and during the ceremony and reception, felt totally invisible. Mariah was referred to me by a friend in the industry and we could not be more thrilled with our decision to use her services. I highly recommend her!

Lauren · Married on 05/04/2018

Mariah was so great! She is the sweetest, kindest person and her photos came out beautifully. We were on a strict budget and her pricing is extremely reasonable, and the turn around time was incredibly fast. And when my maid of honor couldn't figure out how to bustle my train she was quick to help! We couldn't have been happier with choosing her :)

Mariah Gentry Photography 50
    Mariah Gentry Photography 51
    Mariah Gentry Photography 52
    Mariah Gentry Photography 53

Chris · Married on 04/28/2018

Mariah is absolutely amazing. Our first meeting with her was an absolute pleasure and extremely productive. We went in not even knowing what our wedding day would look like, and then after talking to her, with her expertise, we were able to draft out a day-of schedule, which ended up being pretty spot on with how the day actually went.

On the day of the wedding, she showed up early and eager to take pictures. Throughout the wedding, she followed us and captured all of the moments we wanted captured, plus so many more. We had a long list of photos we wanted to take with family and friends, and she breezed through them with great professionalism, and they looked absolutely wonderful.

We have nothing but positive things to say about our experience with Mariah, and we are thoroughly impressed and very happy with the end result. The photos were delivered earlier than the promised two-weeks, which was a very nice surprised, and she delivered well over the originally promised number of edited photos. Mariah is so great to work with and so attentive to detail. We would recommend her, without any hesitation, to any family/friends in the future who are in need of a photographer.

Heather · Married on 03/31/2018

After doing a little online searching for a wedding photographer I stumbled upon Mariah's page. I loved how bright and detailed her pictures looked. Her site was easy to navigate and I decided to reach out to her with a few questions. Mariah responded almost immediately with all the answers I was looking for.
    Mariah is a very affordable wedding photographer for a bride on a budget and provides excellent customer service. I felt at ease every time I talked with her about the wedding.
    I can’t say enough great things about the vibe she brought to our wedding day. When I meet her it was like connecting with an old friend. She was easy to talk to, made sure we looked good, kept us comfortable and my family adored her.
    Best of all is the turnaround time on pictures. I was anxiously awaiting even just a sneak preview to tide me over for the two week wait but Mariah had them done ahead of schedule. I love every picture.
    She has given us perfect pictures that we can look back on and remember that special day for years to come.
    BOOK MARIAH GENTRY!

Mariah Gentry Photography 54
    Mariah Gentry Photography 55
    Mariah Gentry Photography 56
    Mariah Gentry Photography 57
    Mariah Gentry Photography 58

Stephanie · Married on 03/09/2018

I can't say enough amazing things about Mariah! We did a boudoir photo shoot in Tacoma and she did such a phenomenal job! She told me I'd receive 40 photos but she went above and beyond and sent me over 200! I also received the photos in less than a week, such a pleasant surprise. The experience was relaxing and so fun. She has the best personality for putting people at ease and helping you take the best photos imaginable. Nothing But LOVE!!!!