101 Reviews for Mariah Gentry Photography

Second Shooter (3)
Destination / Travel (3)
Albums (1)
101 Mariah Gentry Photography Reviews

You can always tell when someone is doing something they are passionate about, and that is the case for Mariah. I do not really know how to create a review that captures how above and beyond she went for our wedding. All that I can say is that every single guest commented about how professional she was, how she seemed to be everywhere capturing everything at the same time, and how she was so friendly and personable! We wanted some good pictures of our wedding at an affordable price. Instead, we got thousands (literally) of amazing photographs for what seems like a bargain. Throughout the entire wedding planning process, she responded to any correspondence within the day (if not within the hour), even if that meant texting because she did not have internet connection. From helping us plan a timeline for the day of the wedding to suggesting ways to best optimize our shooting time, she was there for us. Not only do you get the sense that she genuinely cares about your photos, but also that she cares about you and your experience of the event. She is one of those people that you think, “wow, I want to be her friend,” and that is the level of service and flexibility that she provides. Thank you, Mariah, for providing us and our families with pictures that we will cherish forever.

Profile Picture Amanda, 9/2/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Mariah was hands down the sweetest, easiest and the best photographer we could have ever asked for. There was a couple of times when I started to feel overwhelmed and she knew exactly what to say and do to calm me down, or reassure me that the pictures were turning out. We got our photos back in 2 weeks exactly and it brought so much happiness and excitement to relive our wedding day and see her amazing shots. I would recommend her 100% to any and everyone and I hope there is another happy occasion where we get the chance to work with her again. Thank you for everything Mariah, you truly are the best!!

Profile Picture Emily, 9/1/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

Working with Mariah for our engagement shoot and our wedding was amazing! We absolutely love our photos! Mariah is kind, thoughtful, and an outstanding photographer. She goes above and beyond what you would expect (fixing out-of-place hairs, helping with the timeline, helping my bridal party practice our walk, discretely arranging my dress during the ceremony, etc.)! One thing that was important to us was having natural/non-awkward photos. Mariah made us feel SO comfortable in front of the camera and we were able to just be ourselves. She was also able to get my huge family together for photos in an efficient manner. The day truly would not have been the same without her.

Profile Picture Stephanie, 8/25/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

Mariah was the pinnacle of professionalism, quality, and creativity! Everyone in our family and wedding party all asked "where did you find her?!" because she was so amazing! We couldn't have asked for someone better! She knew exactly what to do, and caught some incredible moments! I would recommend her to anyone!

Profile Picture Alicia, 8/19/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: One Event/Day, Additional Hours, High-Res Images, Wedding Portraits, Digital Files

I hired Mariah for my engagement and wedding photos, and she is is absolutely AMAZING! Not only is she super talented in her work, she is so compassionate, genuine and overall a great human being. She is also very responsive and truly cares in making your day special. She even helped me stay calm when my wedding party was running a bit behind schedule for pictures, making sure that everything worked out in the end. I cannot recommend her enough and look forward to using her services again for any future photographic needs!

Margaret

Profile Picture Margaret, 8/18/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Mariah was such a pleasure to work with! She was professional, thoughtful, and creative in making our day so special. We relied on her knowledge and experience throughout the planning process to make sure we did not miss any details when it came to the big day. Mariah also made our family and friends feel confident and cared for. Honestly, we could not have asked for a better person to guide us through our wedding...she even made sure we signed our marriage certificate after the ceremony! Thank you so much Mariah!

Profile Picture Lindsey, 8/11/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Mariah was a pleasure to work with. I was planning this wedding across the country so it meant a lot to me to have vendors that were helpful and responsive, both traits that Mariah demonstrated before the wedding. During my wedding, she was extremely friendly, had such a bright and positive attitude during the whole event (instructing people in such a pleasant manner). She also was helpful in general, when I needed help with my dress or flowers - she was right there. Lastly, she turned the photos around so quickly and they were great. Thank you so much Mariah!

Profile Picture Jessica, 6/23/18, 1 Review
Services Used: Digital Files, One Event/Day

Mariah is one of the best around. Not only was her work ethic strong but her marvoulous, positive personality made our wedding and engagement photo shoots all the better. I would recommend her to anyone, I honestly can’t wait to work with her again.

Profile Picture Nicole , 6/20/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Mariah was fantastic. Initially we only wanted to hire her for our engagement photos because we were not planning on having the wedding in Seattle. But after the engagement session (and our decision to move the wedding up here) we decided Mariah was the only choice to be our photographer. She was so quick to respond to us and easy to work with! My fiancé has a hard time relaxing for photos, but somehow she made him look comfortable and natural. We had agreed to set number edited pictures, but when she emailed us the final product, we had more than twice the agreed upon amount! We cannot wait to work with her again!

Update as our Wedding Photographer:
Mariah was amazing! I do not know if I can accurately sing her praises! I feel so lucky that we were able to find her. I cannot imagine having any other photographer capture our wedding. She also goes well above and beyond! She was easy to get in touch with whenever I had a question. She helped me finalize details such as the wedding timeline. She also gave us suggestions for other vendors.

The day before the wedding she worked with us to establish a rain plan for pre-wedding photos, even though she was getting ready to work another wedding at the time.

She was also great at getting every picture we wanted in the exact amount of time we had allowed, even though our ring bearer would not cooperate. Speaking of, she was great with my 4 year old cousin and got him to take at least one picture!

Everyone at our wedding came up to tell us how wonderful they thought Mariah was. They were shocked that she seemed to be everywhere at once, taking pictures, but was not intrusive! She is so kind and warm and feels more like a friend by the end!

And her pictures are GORGEOUS! I love them so much. She gave us three times as many photos as we had originally agreed to and she got them back to us within the two weeks after the wedding that she promised. Mariah is honestly the best! I love her to pieces!

Profile Picture Katrina, 6/9/18, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Digital Files, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images

What to say about Mariah.. If I could give her more than 5 stars I would. I would give her 100 + stars. She made everything so wonderful from the moment she walked in the door. My husband and I are the worst picture takers, smade everything so easy and fun. Her bubbly, outgoing personality made everyone feel at ease. I received my picture so quick and they were BEAUTIFUL. I honestly felt like I was re-living the day looking at the pictures she took. Its been 2 weeks since our wedding and we are both still going on about how wonderful she was. She is truly fantastic and has a love for what she does.

Profile Picture Collette, 5/19/18, 1 Review
Services Used: Wedding Portraits, Digital Files

There is no way we could possibly convey in words how wonderful it was working with Mariah on our wedding day. Both for our engagement photos and our wedding day, Mariah put us at ease, made us smile, and brought the best out of everyone. Working with her truly felt like working with a friend. We could not have imagined a better experience through the entire process, from our first meeting to discuss options all the way to receiving our photos (ahead of schedule and more images than promised!) after our big day.

And OH MY GOODNESS, are these images gorgeous! She truly brought out the best in everyone she photographed and captured our personalities perfectly. The photos do not feel like any old wedding photos, but special to us and who we are. We were truly blown away at how Mariah captured the experience of our wedding so perfectly.

We would absolutely recommend Mariah to everyone! Thank you so much, Mariah!

Photo
Profile Picture Shawn, 5/18/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Digital Files, One Event/Day, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Wedding Portraits

They say you get what you pay for, with Mariah, you get so much more! She was super responsive to questions and incredibly attentive to every little detail day of. I received several compliments from guests on how fantastic the photographers were. She made us feel comfortable and totally at ease, and during the ceremony and reception, felt totally invisible. Mariah was referred to me by a friend in the industry and we could not be more thrilled with our decision to use her services. I highly recommend her!

Profile Picture S, 5/5/18, 9 Reviews
Category: Photography

Mariah was so great! She is the sweetest, kindest person and her photos came out beautifully. We were on a strict budget and her pricing is extremely reasonable, and the turn around time was incredibly fast. And when my maid of honor couldn't figure out how to bustle my train she was quick to help! We couldn't have been happier with choosing her :)

Profile Picture Lauren, 5/4/18, 1 Review
Services Used: Digital Files

Mariah is absolutely amazing. Our first meeting with her was an absolute pleasure and extremely productive. We went in not even knowing what our wedding day would look like, and then after talking to her, with her expertise, we were able to draft out a day-of schedule, which ended up being pretty spot on with how the day actually went.

On the day of the wedding, she showed up early and eager to take pictures. Throughout the wedding, she followed us and captured all of the moments we wanted captured, plus so many more. We had a long list of photos we wanted to take with family and friends, and she breezed through them with great professionalism, and they looked absolutely wonderful.

We have nothing but positive things to say about our experience with Mariah, and we are thoroughly impressed and very happy with the end result. The photos were delivered earlier than the promised two-weeks, which was a very nice surprised, and she delivered well over the originally promised number of edited photos. Mariah is so great to work with and so attentive to detail. We would recommend her, without any hesitation, to any family/friends in the future who are in need of a photographer.

Profile Picture Chris, 4/28/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography

After doing a little online searching for a wedding photographer I stumbled upon Mariah's page. I loved how bright and detailed her pictures looked. Her site was easy to navigate and I decided to reach out to her with a few questions. Mariah responded almost immediately with all the answers I was looking for.
Mariah is a very affordable wedding photographer for a bride on a budget and provides excellent customer service. I felt at ease every time I talked with her about the wedding.
I can’t say enough great things about the vibe she brought to our wedding day. When I meet her it was like connecting with an old friend. She was easy to talk to, made sure we looked good, kept us comfortable and my family adored her.
Best of all is the turnaround time on pictures. I was anxiously awaiting even just a sneak preview to tide me over for the two week wait but Mariah had them done ahead of schedule. I love every picture.
She has given us perfect pictures that we can look back on and remember that special day for years to come.
BOOK MARIAH GENTRY!

Profile Picture Heather, 3/31/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I can't say enough amazing things about Mariah! We did a boudoir photo shoot in Tacoma and she did such a phenomenal job! She told me I'd receive 40 photos but she went above and beyond and sent me over 200! I also received the photos in less than a week, such a pleasant surprise. The experience was relaxing and so fun. She has the best personality for putting people at ease and helping you take the best photos imaginable. Nothing But LOVE!!!!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 3/9/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Mariah was great- photos are beautiful, the turn around was very quick, and she did a great job of working with some complicated family dynamics! Given the January wedding date she was also fantastic with coming up with foul weather photo locations, and did a wonderful job with the low light in the venue.

Profile Picture Keara, 1/20/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I can not speak highly enough of Mariah and her talents! She not only delivered thousands of gorgeous photos she helped me plan out my wedding day and offered dry and rainy weather options and completely put my anxieties at ease. She responded to my neurotic emails within hours and offered solutions to the most perplexing dilemmas. Not only is she insanely talented she made me feel absolutely gorgeous and 100% at ease. We formed a quick connection and I felt as though a close friend was with me the entire day, just what you need on the most important day of your life thus far. Do not hesitate and hire Mariah ASAP; I have received numerous compliments on our photos and I need an excuse to hire her again!

Profile Picture Lauren, 11/12/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Digital Files, One Event/Day, Second Shooter, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Wedding Portraits

If your unsure of who to choose for your photographer - look no further! Choose Mariah!!
We could not be happier with our decision to have Mariah capture our special day!!! Initially, we were on the fence about taking engagement photos and ended up deciding we will only get engaged once so we might as well capture this great time. I could not be happier that we ended up getting our engagement photos done by Mariah!! We do not take photos often so we were nervous before meeting her. Mariah instantly made us comfortable and it felt as if we knew her for years!

Mariah is amazing with her response time, is very professional, and is incredibly talented. Mariah offers very affordable packages and provides clients with amazing final products. We really lucked out with Mariah and we are so excited to have her capture our wedding day. It's safe to say that we will always turn to Mariah to capture our future special events and will continue to recommend her services to others!

Profile Picture Taylor, 11/9/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Digital Files, Proofs

I'll keep this brief: I highly recommend Mariah Gentry! And I usually don't write recommendations, haha.

Pre-Shoot: Seamless Communication (responses were usually immediate, or within a few hours), Extremely Transparent, and Personable Advice for Day of. And might I add, very patient since I tend to ask a ton of questions through email.

Day of Shoot: Unbelievably Punctual (showed up 18+ minutes earlier than us and 100% ready-to-go! (I actually checked my time-stamps and we tried to make it earlier too of course)) and really fun and easy to work with! Knew the location like the back of her hand and made the rain work for us! Also, great instincts to capitalize on the brief reprieve of rain before it started pouring again! Finally, made my dad laugh, and my wife's mom laugh, which is rare!

Post-Shoot: Excellent follow-up and quick turnaround! The edited and raw photos were amazing, and there were also ready-to-view sites with photos and a lovely video of the photos to view for friends and family! Oh, and we received many more edited photos than were promised. A lovely wedding gift!

Profile Picture Jason, 10/19/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Digital Files, One Event/Day, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Wedding Portraits

Mariah is one of the most amazing people we have ever met. She is so genuine, sweet, and hard working. She did our engagement photos and our wedding photos and we couldn't have asked for a better person to work with. She was on time, professional and really went above and beyond to make us feel beautiful. She would help us with poses, fix our posture, fix any flyaways, and make people feel comfortable in front of the camera! Our guests raved about her and how sweet she was, and we will not hesitate to go back to her in the future for any photography needs :) She was also extremely helpful and responsive about our timeline and plans for the day! She got us all of our photos within her 2 week promise (she was actually a couple of days early) and she included a beautiful video. Words cannot express how thankful we are to have found her. Do not hesitate to book her, she is 1000 percent worth it! Her images are stunning, her prices are great, and her personality/energy is wonderful.

Profile Picture Marysa, 10/19/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: One Event/Day, Engagement Shoot, Wedding Portraits, Digital Files

After months of searching for the right photographer for our elopement we finally found Mariah. We were having a major issue with photographers not responding to our emails or their services being out of our budget. However, Mariah was very quick to respond to our emails and had incredible pricing for what we needed.

Since we were coming from Oregon for our elopement and didn't have time to really look at locations for our ceremony due to our work schedules; I reached out to Mariah asking for suggestions and she sent us a list of locations she thought would be a good match for our personalities. One of her suggestions was the new addition at Pike, we loved the idea and ultimately had the ceremony there. I would also like to point out how flexible she was when it came to our wedding, we didn't decide on the location until two days before the ceremony because we wanted to see it in person, which she was surprisingly okay with.

Now onto the wedding day, I have worked with many photographers in the past and she was by far the best when it came to making you feel comfortable and helping pose you. Not only did she show up to the hotel early for the getting ready pictures, but everyone after the ceremony couldn't stop talking about how great she was at making them feel comfortable. She truly has a genuine warm and kind personality, one that has the ability to ease the nerves of everyone around her.

I would recommend her to anyone looking for a wedding/engagement photographer, she's very professional and great to work with.

Profile Picture Keyahnna, 10/3/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Wedding Portraits, Digital Files

My husband and I got married last month and I CAN NOT STOP raving about Mariah. She was absolutely amazing every step of the way. We live half way across the country, but when she showed up the morning of the wedding and we met for the first time...I felt so comfortable with her. She absolutely understood what we wanted, and made every crazy beautiful shot we wanted happen. When we got our Wedding photos back, before schedule, my husband and I were blown away beyond expectation. Did I mention how our friends and family can't stop talking about how great she was too. I'm definalty rambling at this point, but I can't say enough about her and her work. I'll leave you with this...Mariah is a no brainer...if you can book her DO IT!!
Thank You Thank You Mariah from the bottom of my heart!

Profile Picture Margaret, 9/23/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

After pouring through fourteen pages of photographers listed in Wedding Wire I came across Mariah Gentry Photography. Her beautiful logo caught my attention and I looked through her wedding photos posted on her website. I loved her style which was vibrant, cheery, and colorful. I noticed many other photographers tend to over edit their pictures, but Mariah knows how to capture a moment with very little need of editing. When we decided to hire her she was always prompt and swift when responding back to emails. There wasn't a question I couldn't ask, and even tough questions where met with pleasant responses.
When we met with Mariah for our engagement shoot in Seattle she was so kind, bubbly, and in charge. It was nice to have her direct us where to stand and how to pose in order for the photos to turn out the best! she will catch your fly away hairs ladies :) At the end of our engagement shoot I knew we were in good hands. She is naturally very genuine and professional and so fun to work with. She quickly was able to turn around our Engagement shoot in order for us to use them for our invitations!
When it came to the wedding day she arrived and jumped right in. She gets along well with other vendors, and has great advice throughout the whole day. I planned my own wedding and had done extensive spreed sheets of the day and order of events. but there are instances when what to do next isn't clear. The biggest blessing was how she was able to guide us along our day and suggesting what to do in those unclear moments. You don't realize how much time you spend with your photographer throughout the day and she was always helpful and had the experience we could gleam from. The wedding photos turned out beautiful! I will be calling her for future events!
Overall I would say Mariah is...
Full of life, professional, bubbly, positive attitude, good work ethic, works well with others, accommodating, punctual, and we couldn't have asked for a better photographer.

Profile Picture Abigail, 8/20/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Digital Files, One Event/Day, Additional Hours, Destination / Travel, Engagement Shoot, Wedding Portraits

We are so lucky to have found Mariah! To think we almost couldn't book her! When I started the search for a photographer I perused online for local photographers that were affordable. Mariah caught my attention because of the glowing reviews she had on yelp - the reviews talked about how sweet she was, and how easy it was to become comfortable around her (taking pictures is always awkward for us!). When I saw her website I fell in love with her pictures which was exactly what I was looking for - light, natural, true to emotion of the people in the pictures, simply beautiful. I wanted to book her immediately and almost wasn't able to because none of the dates seem to work out. Even when she thought that I was not able to book her due to time conflict, Mariah STILL tried to help with advice on venues, recommendations for places with the aesthetic I liked - when I wasn't even her customer yet! Ultimately I booked my venue the one day she was available, and am so pleased. She was really patient with us, communicating back and forth trying to accommodate our hectic schedule. She even recommended canceling the first date that we chose because the weather didn't look so good - we would have been none the wiser had she not told us. So glad we switched dates because the actual photo shoot date was beautiful! We just finished our engagement shoot which was a ton of fun. My fiancé particularly hates taking photos, but she made everything super comfortable and relaxed while she guided us through poses. I can't wait till the actual day of the wedding to see what beautiful photos she takes next!

Profile Picture CASSANDRA, 6/17/17, 2 Reviews