Mariah Gentry Photography Reviews

Mariah Gentry Photography 5
Mariah Gentry Photography 6
Mariah Gentry Photography 7

Jake Stern · Getting married on 05/03/2021

Mariah is the ideal wedding photographer

Mariah was the ideal photographer for our wedding. She was prompt, kind, enthusiastic, creative, sensitive to our needs, and knew the exact right questions to ask of us to make all of our lives easier, while also providing thoughtful feedback to ensure a smooth photo taking process. She handled overeager parents and not-always-cooperative young kids with a deftness that went above and beyond. When mentioning to others how quickly we received the edited images from our event, almost everyone remarked with jealousy due to both the fast turnaround and the quality of the pictures. Mariah is a calming presence, an outstandingly skilled photographer, and an ideal photographer for your wedding or event.

Sent on 04/18/2019

CiCi · Married on 05/04/2019

Book this woman!!!!

Mariah has been such an angel to work with. We used her for our engamemnt photos and for our wedding. She did such a magnificent job with the photos for both the engagement and the wedding. She knows how to position people to make them look good. She goes above and beyond the call of duty. At my ceremony she rallied some of the early the guests to rearrage the ceremony site (aisle and archway) because there was a truck parked right next to the site and would look terrible in the pictures. Thanks to her initiative, none of our ceremony photos were tarnished by an ugly truck off to the side. I didn't think much about it when she asked me at the time, but when I walked down the aisle and saw the the change, I was in complete awe! It was way better than we had arranged it in the beginning and no truck was viable in our gorgeous photos. She was so communicative and easy to get in touch with. All I can say is BOOK HER! You won't regret it!

Sent on 05/20/2019

Chelsea Presto · Married on 04/27/2019

Hands down recommend!

I have nothing but great things to say about Mariah! Mariah photographed our wedding 2 weeks ago. We just got back from our honeymoon to a full set of edited photos (as promised), plus extras and a slideshow!!

While the quality of the photos is outstanding, what truly sets Mariah apart is her personality. She is perhaps the warmest, friendliest person I've ever met...and was fantastic and easy to work with. She coordinated well with our other vendors, including helping sew up the timeline with our day-of coordinator to accommodate several tweaks here and there. On the day of, she even helped ease me through some of the more emotional moments with her gentle and reassuring words!

Mariah really went above and beyond to make us feel like we were her only clients, and that personal touch is what made our wedding day experience as special as it was. (Not to mention, her pricing is extremely reasonable too!!) We are so happy that we chose Mariah to capture our wedding day, and I would recommend her hands-down to anyone!!

Sent on 05/12/2019

Ashton Carlson · Married on 04/13/2019

Simply the Best!

Wow, where do I even start! Mariah was so wonderful to work with on our wedding day. It was raining lightly off and on throughout the day. Mariah was tracking the weather and suggested we start photos a little sooner to miss most of the rain while taking photos outside. We also had a little extra time for photos before the ceremony and she came prepared with a clear umbrella and suggested taking photos in a garden area at the wedding venue. Those photos turned out to be my favorite! Throughout the day she would remind us if we needed to readjust or take deep breath if our smiles were looking a little stiff, suggest moving a piece of hair, or adjust clothing to make sure the pictures turned out perfect. Mariah has such great energy and care when it comes to every detail. We couldn't have asked for a better person to work with!

Sent on 04/27/2019
    Mariah Gentry Photography 8
    Mariah Gentry Photography 9

Samantha Cagle · Married on 04/06/2019

More than a photographer!

I don’t even know where to begin! Mariah is so incredibly talented! She is so much more than a photographer though! Mariah quickly felt like a friend and someone who was just as invested in our happiness on our big day and it showed in more ways than one. Weddings can be chaotic, and I can remember a couple times during ours where Mariah would stop and ask how I was doing, and reminded me to take it all in. It really meant a lot! She actually cares about her clients. If you care about hiring someone who really does put their heart into what they do, Mariah is your girl! I cried when I received my wedding photos because they were absolutely beautiful and she captured the day perfectly!

Sent on 04/21/2019

Lukas Leung · Married on 02/16/2019

How is 6/5 not an option?!

Go with Mariah! She is the absolute best! You will have no regrets at all!

No words can express how thankful and lucky we are to have had Mariah and her assistant as our wedding photographers. They went above and beyond to make our wedding day absolutely perfect! From the get-go, they made us feel absolutely comfortable and like complete superstars. Their passion and talent is uncanny and can be seen within each and every picture they took. All of our photos turned out way better than we could ever have imagined and have enabled us to truly re-live every moment of our special day over and over again!

There is nothing we would change about how our experience went!

Sent on 03/09/2019
    Mariah Gentry Photography 10

Jamie Chupa · Married on 01/19/2019

Such a wonderful experience

Wow! Mariah and her team are so fantastic. Very professional, quick to respond and not overly pricey. Very warm and friendly. Our wedding pictures turned out lovely. My husband and I are will definitely use Mariah again for any photography needs. Highly recommended!

Sent on 02/05/2019

Matt Johnson · Married on 01/10/2019

Amazing Experience!

We booked Mariah and chose her elopement package for 1/10/2019. Mariah turned what would otherwise be a boring photo session into a wonderful experience. Her lively personality and meticulous attention to detail were amazing. She knew how to get us to smile and what looked best for us. She was very open to any ideas we had along the way. I don't know how she did it, but she made our wedding in the dead of winter look so beautiful. Working with her really made our day memorable.

Sent on 02/22/2019
    Mariah Gentry Photography 11

Elizabeth · Married on 11/11/2018

Amazing and memborable experience with Mariah!

Mariah was an absolute joy to work! She is extremely talented and a true professional delivering stunning photos for her clients. We worked with Mariah for our engagement and wedding day photos and would absolutely recommend her to family and friends!

Sent on 01/04/2019
  • Sandra

Sandra Taylor · Married on 11/01/2018

Mariah Gentry Photography SHINES!

Despite how windy a day it was in Seattle, Mariah Gentry arrived at my daughter's wedding shoot with a sparkle about her that kept us all smiling. Mariah's love for photography showed in every aspect of the shoot, from our first phone contact, through the wedding day, to receiving the final collection of amazing images.

Confident and professional, at the courthouse, she knew all of the ins and outs of the sign in procedure, and the best locations to capture a few extra shots while waiting our turn to be in front of the judge.

We were all unquestionably at ease with Mariah as she stopped to adjust small details, the way fabric flows or hair blows in the wind or sometimes she used a windy moment to take advantage of for a more interesting shot. She gave very good direction, in order to highlight the love between the "soon to be married" couple. The whole afternoon went seamlessly, much to her credit.

Thanks for the memories, Mariah Gentry!

I highly recommend Mariah Gentry Photography.

Sent on 11/17/2018
  • F

Fran Thomas · Married on 10/23/2018

Absolutely the best!

Mariah Gentry Photography is regaled as a top notch wedding photographer. That said, she graciously agreed to photograph my almost adult son for an important upcoming photo deadline. Mariah made my son feel so comfortable. Her suggestions were spot on for stellar photos in two different venues. The quality of her work is outstanding, and her technical expertise is precise! Mariah accepted all of our requests with absolute positivity and cheerfulness. It is so clear she loves what she does! She is a gem to be sure. We'll be hiring Mariah again for another photo shoot in spring. In addition, as she advertises, there are no hidden fees! No additional costs, and the turn around time for photos is two weeks or sooner! In our case it was sooner,., BRAVO MARIAH! THANK YOU MARIAH!!!

Sent on 10/24/2018
    Mariah Gentry Photography 12
  • Summer

Summer LaViolette · Married on 10/19/2018

Best Photographer Ever!!!

Mariah, words cannot even begin to show how much we appreciate how perfect and amazing you were on our special day! Before you arrived, we were stressed beyond words and it was you who took us off to the side and calmed us down and made us begin to take in and enjoy our day. Your amazing energy and personality was so contagious that it put everyone in such a wonderful place. Your attention to detail and capturing our most special moments went far beyond our expectations. It was beyond evident that you genuinely cared about capturing our special day and not just doing a job. You literally captured everything that we dreamed that would be captured and the photos are beyond beautiful! You generously giving us all these photos and a beautiful video beyond what was promised is a testament of how amazing of a person you are.
    Thank you so much!!
    Love,
    Summer & Michael

Sent on 11/13/2018

Michael Bomia · Married on 10/19/2018

Beyond expectations!!

When Mariah worked as our photographer for our wedding, we were completely blown away by her enthusiasm, professionalism, quality of work, and spirit!! Her energy was unbelievable as she would hurry to make sure she captured the night's most special moments! She would give us words of encouragement when she could tell we were stressed and made sure nobody had clothing flaws before she took the photos. The quality of her photos are beyond beautiful. Everything exceeded my expectations by far!! Thank you, Mariah!

Sent on 11/17/2018

Morena Calvo · Married on 10/06/2018

The Kindest and Most Talented!

Mariah not only loves her job but is a phenomenal photographer and businesswoman. She was helpful at every step of the process, and I’m not sure our wedding would have been nearly as successful if it weren’t for her presence. I loved getting to know her and her approach to photography at our engagement session, but she truly shined on the wedding day and the days leading up to it. She constantly put me at ease in terms of timing, weather, and logistics. Everyone in my wedding party commented on how friendly and professional she was, and that winning combination resulted in absolutely beautiful shots. Beyond her one-of-a-kind, genuine spirit, she’s also extremely efficient and organized. She delivered our photos within the promised two weeks — lighting fast!

Sent on 10/22/2018

Solmary · Married on 09/30/2018

Simply amazing!

No words can express how thankful we are to have found Mariah for our wedding photography. We could not have picked a better photographer. Mariah went above and beyond to make our wedding day perfect. We felt so comfortable around her and her assistant.

Our pictures turned out absolutely PERFECT! Not only did she deliver the pictures we had agreed upon, but double the amount of edited pictures. We were debating whether or not to hire a videographer, but one wasn't needed as Mariah was able to capture every single moment of our wedding. We can re-live our wedding just by scrolling through our pictures.

Her professionalism, attention to detail, and the passion for what she does definitely came through every single detail starting from the very first email we exchanged, our wedding day, and the last email we received with our finalized pictures. She is absolutely AMAZING!

Sent on 11/01/2018
    Mariah Gentry Photography 13
    Mariah Gentry Photography 14
    Mariah Gentry Photography 15

Samantha · Married on 09/22/2018

We loved working with Mariah! She did our engagement pictures and our wedding pictures. We could not have asked for a more professional, kind and thoughtful photographer.

During our engagement session she immediately made us feel comfortable and did an amazing job of capturing our relationship and who we are.

On our wedding day she was at the venue when we showed up and was ready to go! She did an amazing job capturing our large wedding party and various family members. It was a large crew for her to get together and I had made a extra long shot list. She made sure to capture all of the photos I requested plus did an amazing job working with our venue to capture the beauty of the venue as well.

We got ready at our reception venue, the ceremony was at the church and after the ceremony we went to Kerry Park to get more pictures before the reception. Mariah was there every step of the way! I was beyond impressed that we were never waiting for her to show up, as the day had a lot of traveling and dealing with Seattle traffic.

We could not have been happier with our decision to hire Mariah! She made sure our wedding ran smoothly and was heavily captured. We are beyond excited to see our wedding photos but I couldn’t wait to write Mariah a positive review! Engaged couples looking for a photographer that will exceed all of your expectations, I highly recommend Mariah! We could not have had a better experience! Thank you, Mariah!

Sent on 10/01/2018

Rebecca · Married on 09/15/2018

Mariah is the sweetest person! She made my husband feel so comfortable at our engagement photo shoot I knew we picked the right person to capture our wedding day. The weather forecast was for thunderstorms on our wedding day. Mariah reached out early with a recommended change for pictures prior to the ceremony. She captured our day perfectly and she has the fastest turn around time!

Sent on 10/14/2018
    Mariah Gentry Photography 16
    Mariah Gentry Photography 17
    Mariah Gentry Photography 18
    Mariah Gentry Photography 19
    Mariah Gentry Photography 20

Amanda · Married on 09/02/2018

You can always tell when someone is doing something they are passionate about, and that is the case for Mariah. I do not really know how to create a review that captures how above and beyond she went for our wedding. All that I can say is that every single guest commented about how professional she was, how she seemed to be everywhere capturing everything at the same time, and how she was so friendly and personable! We wanted some good pictures of our wedding at an affordable price. Instead, we got thousands (literally) of amazing photographs for what seems like a bargain. Throughout the entire wedding planning process, she responded to any correspondence within the day (if not within the hour), even if that meant texting because she did not have internet connection. From helping us plan a timeline for the day of the wedding to suggesting ways to best optimize our shooting time, she was there for us. Not only do you get the sense that she genuinely cares about your photos, but also that she cares about you and your experience of the event. She is one of those people that you think, “wow, I want to be her friend,” and that is the level of service and flexibility that she provides. Thank you, Mariah, for providing us and our families with pictures that we will cherish forever.

Sent on 09/17/2018
    Mariah Gentry Photography 21
    Mariah Gentry Photography 22
    Mariah Gentry Photography 23
    Mariah Gentry Photography 24
    Mariah Gentry Photography 25
    Mariah Gentry Photography 26

Emily · Married on 09/01/2018

Mariah was hands down the sweetest, easiest and the best photographer we could have ever asked for. There was a couple of times when I started to feel overwhelmed and she knew exactly what to say and do to calm me down, or reassure me that the pictures were turning out. We got our photos back in 2 weeks exactly and it brought so much happiness and excitement to relive our wedding day and see her amazing shots. I would recommend her 100% to any and everyone and I hope there is another happy occasion where we get the chance to work with her again. Thank you for everything Mariah, you truly are the best!!

Sent on 09/18/2018

Aimee · Married on 08/26/2018

Mariah was spectacular. It was like discovering we'd hired the close friend we didn't know we had to document the most important day of our lives. Despite getting married herself just a month before, she checked in with us often so that we felt comfortable and confident with her from the beginning. On the day of, she was ready to go from the moment she arrived and was a wonderful presence of warmth and excitement all day. She went above and beyond her role as photographer to really ensure that our day went as smoothly as possible, acting as a go between with the venue staff and ourselves, and even helping the groomsmen to fasten their boutonnieres! The photos were gorgeous of course, and she got them to us within two weeks of the wedding so we got to relive the whole day over again just as we were beginning to settle back into routine. I cannot say enough good things about Mariah; even some of our guests mentioned to us how impressed they were. I highly recommend her services.

Sent on 09/24/2018

Stephanie · Married on 08/25/2018

Working with Mariah for our engagement shoot and our wedding was amazing! We absolutely love our photos! Mariah is kind, thoughtful, and an outstanding photographer. She goes above and beyond what you would expect (fixing out-of-place hairs, helping with the timeline, helping my bridal party practice our walk, discretely arranging my dress during the ceremony, etc.)! One thing that was important to us was having natural/non-awkward photos. Mariah made us feel SO comfortable in front of the camera and we were able to just be ourselves. She was also able to get my huge family together for photos in an efficient manner. The day truly would not have been the same without her.

Sent on 09/11/2018

Alicia · Married on 08/19/2018

Mariah was the pinnacle of professionalism, quality, and creativity! Everyone in our family and wedding party all asked "where did you find her?!" because she was so amazing! We couldn't have asked for someone better! She knew exactly what to do, and caught some incredible moments! I would recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 09/04/2018
    Mariah Gentry Photography 27
    Mariah Gentry Photography 28
    Mariah Gentry Photography 29

Margaret · Married on 08/18/2018

I hired Mariah for my engagement and wedding photos, and she is is absolutely AMAZING! Not only is she super talented in her work, she is so compassionate, genuine and overall a great human being. She is also very responsive and truly cares in making your day special. She even helped me stay calm when my wedding party was running a bit behind schedule for pictures, making sure that everything worked out in the end. I cannot recommend her enough and look forward to using her services again for any future photographic needs!

Margaret

Sent on 09/06/2018

Lindsey · Married on 08/11/2018

Mariah was such a pleasure to work with! She was professional, thoughtful, and creative in making our day so special. We relied on her knowledge and experience throughout the planning process to make sure we did not miss any details when it came to the big day. Mariah also made our family and friends feel confident and cared for. Honestly, we could not have asked for a better person to guide us through our wedding...she even made sure we signed our marriage certificate after the ceremony! Thank you so much Mariah!

Sent on 09/08/2018
    Mariah Gentry Photography 30
    Mariah Gentry Photography 31
    Mariah Gentry Photography 32
    Mariah Gentry Photography 33

Jessica · Married on 06/23/2018

Mariah was a pleasure to work with. I was planning this wedding across the country so it meant a lot to me to have vendors that were helpful and responsive, both traits that Mariah demonstrated before the wedding. During my wedding, she was extremely friendly, had such a bright and positive attitude during the whole event (instructing people in such a pleasant manner). She also was helpful in general, when I needed help with my dress or flowers - she was right there. Lastly, she turned the photos around so quickly and they were great. Thank you so much Mariah!

Sent on 07/09/2018