Mariah Gentry Photography Reviews

150 | Seattle, WA

150 Reviews for Mariah Gentry Photography

Jake Stern · Getting married on 05/03/2021

Mariah is the ideal wedding photographer

Mariah was the ideal photographer for our wedding. She was prompt, kind, enthusiastic, creative, sensitive to our needs, and knew the exact right questions to ask of us to make all of our lives easier, while also providing thoughtful feedback to ensure a smooth photo taking process. She handled overeager parents and not-always-cooperative young kids with a deftness that went above and beyond. When mentioning to others how quickly we received the edited images from our event, almost everyone remarked with jealousy due to both the fast turnaround and the quality of the pictures. Mariah is a calming presence, an outstandingly skilled photographer, and an ideal photographer for your wedding or event.

Sent on 04/18/2019
  • Daniel

Daniel Hong · Getting married on 09/01/2020

Passionate, Thoughtful, and Masterful Photographer

Our special day could not have been captured more elegantly without the expertise at Mariah's fingertips! Her spirit loosened up our wedding day jitters and she was so, so good at shooting us in our natural element. Mariah had already pre-planned places to take photos and communicating with her leading up to the big day was reassuring and easy every step of the way. We couldn't recommend Mariah more for your Pacific Northwest wedding photography needs!

Daniel and Michelle Hong

Sent on 01/25/2020
  • Jordan

jordan cook · Getting married on 09/01/2020

Mariah is absolutely AMAZING!

If you are looking for a wedding photographer, stop looking right now and hire Mariah immediately! She is not only the sweetest person we've ever met but she did such an amazing job on our engagement photos and we are so excited for her to take our wedding photos in September. My fiance and I had never taken professional pictures before she directed us so well. She made us feel incredibly comfortable. We loved every minute of our session. And not only does she take amazing photos but she even helped us with our wedding day timeline! Mariah's work is truly something special. I'm recommending her to everyone I know!

Sent on 04/30/2020
  • Sophia

Sophia Abouzeid · Getting married on 07/11/2020

Amazing photographer!

Mariah is the most amazing, sweet and professional photographer! She was extremely generous with her time during our wedding announcement photoshoot, so welcoming, and made the whole shoot comfortable and enjoyable! She was also super responsive to all my questions, and sent over the photos all edited and looking amazing!

Sent on 07/03/2020
  • Mod

Mod Sea · Married on 03/28/2020

Early First Look

I went to college with Mariah and couldn't imagine getting married without using her talent! The entire session went wonderfully. Great response time and really made me feel beautiful as a plus size woman!!

Sent on 11/24/2019

Joni Shinsato · Married on 02/02/2020

Incredibly Talented & Kind

I've been procrastinating on this review because I can't quite put into words how much I enjoyed working with Mariah. I'm so thrilled I hired her, she is just the sweetest woman and her work is gorgeous and speaks for itself. In the midst of my planning, my original venue closed unexpectedly and Mariah was so helpful in getting us back on our feet and finding a new venue. Through the whole planning phase she helped me figure out how my day of timeline and what timings we would need to get all the photos I wanted, and helped me talk through ideas even if they didn't pan out. Day of she was just a constant positive presence - hyping us up for our pictures and coaching us through some of the more awkward parts of being photographed, her smile was infectious and it was hard not to smile along with her. She also is amazing with a bustle! Afterwards she went so far as to deliver our photos early as a Valentine's day present which was so unexpected and lovely. The photos themselves are gorgeous and I could not have asked for better. I'm so completely thrilled with how my wedding turned out and the moments she captured for us.

Sent on 02/17/2020
  • Kelly

Kelly · Married on 01/11/2020

Best photographer ever

Wow, where do I begin with Mariah?! She is the sweetest, most fun and energetic person who made us feel so comfortable the entire time. We still cannot stop looking through our photos because she did such an AMAZING job capturing the best moments! Even though our day was rainy and stormy she found perfect places with great lighting and background to shoot. She really kept me calm even though we were on a time crunch. She made sure we got all the shots I wanted and then the way she captured just the whole feeling of the night speaks to her talent. We would recommend her over and over again and we plan to use her for any other big event in our lives! (:

Sent on 01/26/2020

Lindsay Walker · Married on 10/25/2019

So Thankful I Found Mariah!

I hired Mariah Gentry Photography to shoot our wedding in late October 2019. I couldn’t be happier with my decision! She and her assistant captured the energy of the day better than I could ever explain it to anyone. The photographs turned out beautiful! Her attention to detail is impeccable! She might be shooting seven people and notice somebody’s necklace is a little off or a jacket needs to be pulled down. It sounds like a little thing, but I have had otherwise good pictures ruined because of a crease in a shirt. I love her photography style. She captures the events as they happen versus trying to make things happen. That was really important to me. The result was such wonderful, natural photographs of people! Everyone at our wedding that interacted with Mariah loved her! I can’t tell you how many people came up to me to ask me, “Where did you find her!?” Thanks Mariah for capturing Pal’s and my wedding so beautifully! We will treasure these photos!

Sent on 11/18/2019

Laura Dimmit · Married on 09/15/2019

amazing photos + so fun and easy to work with

Choosing a photographer for our wedding was one the things I cared most about going into the planning process. Working with Mariah for both engagement and wedding photos was a fantastic experience from start to finish. She is a super responsive communicator, very thoughtful, and had great suggestions for different points in the process (i.e. putting together outfits for engagement photos that will look nice on film). The turnaround on getting our photos back was also so impressive (just shy of 2 weeks), but clearly nothing was sacrificed in terms of quality. On the day of the wedding, Mairah made things so easy for all of us. We had some intermittent drippy weather, and she came prepared with umbrellas and even brought a second shooter to help manage all the logistics. She was great at managing group photos--getting people posed, interacting with kids to prompt a smile, and generally making a process that can sometimes feel arduous instead feel relaxed. We also ended up with some really lovely candids from various points in our day, and this is extra impressive because I know that the lighting at our venue was pretty challenging to work with! Overall, we are just so happy with our photos, and I feel like we absolutely lucked out in getting to work with Mariah. She is exactly the kind of upbeat, organized, and fun presence that you want around on your wedding day.

Sent on 09/28/2019
  • Mariko & Scott

Mariko & Scott · Married on 09/14/2019

A true partner in your vision

Mariah, in a word, is incredible.

From the very first communication, we knew she was our gal. She exudes warmth across a all communication, and is somehow even more amazing in person. Our engagement photos were stunning and left us so excited for what was to come on our wedding day.

What ended up happening on our wedding day far exceeded my and my husband's expectations. Mariah and her husband Brennan acted as an unstoppable team. They arrived in the morning and kept up energy and positivity until the end of the night. They helped the day run smoothly and all group photos happened stress free. Every guest that interacted with them had nothing but positive things to say.

And of course, the photos. They were better than we could have ever imagined. Mariah and Brennan captured so many wonderful moments, and edited them to perfection. Posed photos, candids, and everything in between all ended up being beautiful and genuine.

One last thing to note is Mariah's incredible gift with people. She has the ability to make everyone feel comfortable and look their best. She has a true artists eye, and makes what she does look effortless (I know it isn't!) Any other event we have in the future where we need a photographer we have Mariah on speed dial!

We cannot recommend her enough to anyone who even says the word photographer.

Sent on 10/23/2019
  • Erika

Erika · Married on 09/13/2019

Mariah is a dream to work with!

I had contacted numerous photographers in the area when researching a wedding photographer, and I am so glad I chose Mariah. Choosing a wedding photographer is such a significant part of the wedding planning, and it becomes a huge part of the wedding day itself. Mariah stood out to me because of her professionalism, responsiveness, and attention to detail. In addition, her wedding packages were easy to understand with no hidden costs and everything is truly an amazing value for the high quality work she provides, not to mention the 2 week turn around for images was fantastic!
    I did a bridal portrait session with Mariah a few weeks before the wedding, and it went so well that I knew the wedding day would be great. I had never done this and she made me feel so comfortable. Mariah was with us all day on our wedding (as well as her assistant second photographer)! From the moment she arrived she was exuberant and cheerful. She helped keep me calm when I was having moments of stress. She is excellent at providing cues, and giving direction. Everyone in our wedding party noticed how on top of it she was and it was such a relief knowing she had it handled. While being cute and adorable, she can still give direction and get people’s attention when needed which was very helpful and allowed us to use our time more efficiently. Transitions were easier because she worked with our venue wedding coordinator. Mariah is so knowledgeable and gave great recommendations for our wedding party photo locations. She truly knows the business well, she knew many of the staff at our venue, as well my makeup/hair stylist, and she has a great reputation among all.
    Mariah has a very kind & genuine personality, and she really cares about her clients! We adore our wedding photos and are so glad we will be able to cherish them for years to come! We absolutely recommend Mariah Gentry Photography.

Sent on 10/01/2019
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 09/06/2019

Don't hesitate to hire her!

Mariah is amazing. Not only did she capture the most wonderful pictures she was a great support throughout the day for my husband and I. We received our photos two weeks later, as promised and we are so appreciative. If you're looking for the best photographer, she is it! The fact that she was able to capture not only the bridal party but the guests was also awesome! We received so many compliments from our guests about her as well! Couldn't have asked for a better photographer for our wedding! Thanks Mariah! We love you!

Sent on 09/20/2019
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 08/31/2019

Hire Mariah! She is absolutely AMAZING!

So you're looking for a wedding photographer and you come across Mariah Gentry - LOOK NO FURTHER, SHE IS THE ONE! Call and hire her right now! Trust us, you will not find another photographer who provides as high quality of a service as Mariah; is as professional, punctual, responsive, nice, and genuine as Mariah; and is as committed to ensuring you enjoy and cherish every moment of your big day as Mariah. She made us feel extremely comfortable at all times and is the most detail oriented person we've ever met. Every single photo (there were THOUSANDS) was intentional, beautiful, perfectly lit, and worthy of printing to hang in our home.

We met with five other photographers in person after a TON of online research before we found Mariah. Most every other photographer we met with clearly cared about the fact that it was our wedding day, but none of them were as invested in us as Mariah was. It was obvious before we had even finished half of our conversation that Mariah is the best at what she does because she absolutely loves to make sure that her clients' wedding days are the best day of their lives with every memory captured. An incredible example of Mariah's professionalism and care for her clients was when she surprised us by having all of our photos ready way earlier than expected (and way earlier than we thought was even possible..!) in order for us to be able to share photos with the groom's mother in a separate, later wedding reception because his mother was unable to attend the actual wedding day. We didn't ask for this, she just did it! This was an amazing gift which was absolutely above and beyond all reasonable expectations for a wedding vendor - and for that, we are forever grateful! We wish we were getting married again (to each other, obviously) just so we could hire her again.

Simply stated: you'll be missing out if you do not have Mariah Gentry photographing your wedding.

Sent on 09/23/2019

Ashley Gomez · Married on 08/18/2019

An amazing photographer and so much more!

Hiring Mariah as my wedding photographer was easily one of the best decisions I made during the wedding process. From the first phone call with her, I knew that she had the type of bubbly personality to cut right through all those wedding jitters and get you smiling fully and naturally in all your photos. On the day of the wedding, it turned out I was right! From the moment she walked in, she immediately won over everybody in the room and her excitement was infectious. For most of us, our wedding day is the day when we are getting more pictures taken than we ever have before, so it can get really tiring. She was able to keep our spirits up and keep us going--but in the sweetest, most encouraging way. On top of all that, she not only took photos of us signing the license but actually helped us fill it out (our officiant was from out of state and was unfamiliar with the form) and she got my train bustled before my first dance so my mom wouldn't have to step away to do it! I've gotten multiple compliments from guests talking about how perfect the photographer was. Oh yes, and our photos are fantastic. Thinking back on my wedding, she is one of the brightest spots in what was already a perfect day. I only wish I could hire her again!

Sent on 09/10/2019
  • Julia

Julia and Ethan Waterman · Married on 08/17/2019

Cannot recommend enough!

Mariah is so incredible to work with. She is so kind, quick to respond to any email/request, and her work is truly incredible. She was not only able to capture my husband and I, our wedding party etc, in photos, but the ENTIRE group who attended our wedding. The photos from the dance floor were especially impressive. I have a very large family and Mariah remained cool and collected the entire time, and we are not an easy bunch to work with! She was fantastic with my little cousins, and I had people commenting all night how amazing she was. We received the photos exactly two weeks after as promised and they are more than we could have ever dreamed of. We will absolutely be using Mariah again :)

Sent on 09/01/2019

Chelsea Johnson · Married on 08/11/2019

Wonderful to work with!

The photos Mariah took of our wedding are wonderful! We're happy with the posed pre-wedding pictures as well as the candids from throughout the night. More than that, she enhanced the experience with just her presence. She was bright, energetic, and thoughtful, and shared our enthusiasm on the happiest day of our lives. She went beyond anything we would have expected. Several guests commented fondly of their experience with her. Our DJ even said she was more communicative than entire teams of photographers he'd worked with in the past. We couldn't be happier or recommend her more highly!

Sent on 09/01/2019
  • Carey

Carey Halton · Married on 08/10/2019

The best decision we made in wedding planning

When we first discovered Mariah, we hadn't even decided on our venue or date yet, but we had to reach out as her gorgeous photos and very reasonable prices and packages compared to many other photographers in the Seattle area were very enticing. We can honestly say that booking Mariah was the best decision we made in all of our wedding planning! She helped us decide on our venue before we had even properly booked her, giving insights into all of of our potential options (almost all of which she had photographed weddings at before). Mariah also gave suggestions for a potential videographer, a hair and makeup artist and a stationary website, all of which were perfect options for us and we ultimately booked/used as well. Last September we had our engagement session with Mariah at Seattle Center. It was awesome getting comfortable with her taking photos of us and the resulting photos were gorgeous and gave us tons of options for our save the dates and wedding website. In the months and days leading up to the wedding, Mariah gave us lots of help with scheduling and potential photo locations. Then on our actual wedding day Mariah was an absolute blessing to have there. Not only did she take absolutely stunning photos of us and our family and friends, but she was there to help with so many little things, including but not limited to bustling and un-bustling my dress, helping to fix parts of my dress that were hurting me, making sure we had water and anything else we needed, and so much more. Her adorable husband Brennen was as a second shooter for us and was also just an amazing person and photographer. Both of them had seemingly unlimited energy throughout the day even while everyone else slowly got exhausted from all of the action. To top it all off, Mariah has an incredible and pretty much unheard of two week turnaround for her gorgeous photos, which we received on our way home from our honeymoon, a perfect way to cap off our entire wedding experience. I truly don't know what we would have done without Mariah during this entire wedding process. Not only was she an incredible photographer and delivered photos that we will cherish forever, but she was pretty much a mini planner/organizer in the ways that she helped us along the way and day of. All of that for someone with extremely competitive rates for what she offers! If Mariah is still available for your date, book her immediately, you WILL NOT be disappointed!

Sent on 08/27/2019

Lauren Parks · Married on 08/04/2019

Mariah exceeded every one of my expectations!!!

Mariah Gentry is the best wedding photographer! I seriously could not have hired a better woman! She was very fast at responding to me when I inquired about her services. She offered to skype with me since I live out of state. On the day of the wedding, she showed up a few minutes early to get an idea of the area and right away she was off taking tons of amazing photos of the scenery before diving into the first look part. She was friendly, cordial, and professional the entire time. She kept our ceremony moving smoothly and on track. As per her promise, I received my photos two weeks after the ceremony. They were put together beautifully with all the angles I had asked for. They are bright, clear, and very well done. After this, I will be recommending Mariah to everyone in the Seattle area!!!

Sent on 08/27/2019
  • Jasmine

Jasmine Gault · Married on 07/21/2019

Breath of fresh air!

Mariah was awesome from our first email to our wedding day. She had great communication and responded to all of my questions. On the day of the wedding, we had a lot of chaos and she stayed positive and was super helpful the entire day. Her (and her husband) did everything they could to make me and my husband feel relaxed for pictures. Their eye for the perfect shot and their timing is amazing. We were completely in awe once we got our photos back by the promised 2 week turn around time. Would definitely recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 08/08/2019

Devon Lilley · Married on 07/19/2019

Beyond amazing!!

I am not quite sure how my husband and I will be able covey just how wonderful Mariah is but we are surely going to try!! Mariah made us both feel confident, comfortable and at ease. From my initial email to her, to the day of our wedding... she was organized, punctual, professional and caring. I had many wedding goers approach me to tell me just how wonderful she was. She exudes happiness and it is apparent to all that see her in action that she truly loves what she does. I would recommend Mariah to my friends and family without hesitation!

Sent on 07/22/2019

Shakari Lige · Married on 07/18/2019

Mariah is amazing!

My fiancé and I booked Mariah for our engagement photos and I am so glad we did! Mariah was easy to communicate with and always responded to emails promptly. To add, she was extremely flexible when we had to reschedule our photo session to attend my Grandmother’s funeral.

The day of our engagement photos:
    Right before our outdoor photo session, it started to pour rain, which caused us to have to reschedule the photos for another day. My fiancé and I were super sad about it. About an hour or so later, the weather cleared up and Mariah called us to see if we wanted to give it another try. We meet at an alternative location and Mariah was the best! After a crazy rainy day, Mariah made us feel relaxed and confident in our photos. She’s creative, uplifting, and positive. The photos came out phenomenal and we were so appreciative of Mariah’s flexibility and problem solving that day.

My fiancé and I are getting married in Michigan, however, if we weren’t, we would certainly book Mariah for wedding photos as well!

Sent on 08/01/2019
  • L. Kunze

L. Kunze · Married on 07/12/2019

Photos to Capture Life-long Memories!

Mariah captured the most amazing photographs of our daughter's wedding. She even gathered more genuine smiles and emotions that I could ever have imagined! It's like she was in several places at one time - as she caught the most awesome moments all at once! Mariah is the best - and she also provides a very calming influence during what can be a very stressful time. She's amazing!

Sent on 07/28/2019
  • Joanne

Joanne De Howitt · Married on 07/12/2019

Amazing photographer and there to help - no matter what!!!

Mariah is THE BEST. She knocked my sister's wedding out of the park 7 years ago and she just did mine earlier this month - and I already have the pictures!! She only took two weeks to edit over one thousand photographs for Juan and I. She captured so many beautiful, funny, and unique moments. Seriously, I can't keep looking at these amazing pictures!!

For a quick story: things went smoothly for the most part throughout the wedding. During my favorite dance (The Cotton-Eyed Joe, of course) my dress broke and began to unzip - but no fear! Mariah was right there, took me aside and fixed up my dress. I cannot begin to thank this amazing photographer enough.

My family, my in-laws, and my friends have been speaking her praises for the past couple of weeks since the wedding. Seriously - THE BEST!!!

Sent on 07/31/2019
  • Nathan

Nathan Lauffenburger · Married on 06/15/2019

Excellent & highly recommended

Mariah was very responsive and helpful in planning well before our wedding. She always responded very quickly and was incredibly friendly and professional. A little before the wedding, she mentioned that we should consider a different venue for our 'first look' photos because she had been to that spot on the previous Saturday (our day of the week to be married). She gave great info that it would be difficult for parking and especially hard taking photos without others around/in the pictures. She gave a different recommendation and were very happy with the result. There were no issues and turned out wonderful. During the ceremony and throughout the reception, she was great, kind, thorough and produced great photos. They were ready quickly and with wonderful quality. We definitely recommend!

Sent on 11/18/2019
  • Emma

Emma Howland · Married on 06/14/2019

Mariah is the best. Here's why

Planning a wedding out of state can be tough but right off the bat we felt at ease after meeting Mariah over Skype. We chose Mariah because talking with her was so fun and effortless, we just kept smiling after speaking to her. On the day of the wedding Mariah was so attentive to detail and lighting and it really shows in all of the gorgeous photos she took that day. For example, reminding to get phones out of pockets so there’s no weird bumps in clothing, if someone needed a quick hair touch up, or to "refresh" a smile. Not only did the photos turn out absolutely beautiful, but I felt that her boundless energy and warm spirit sustained us throughout one of the most emotional and tiring (and of course, wonderful) days of our lives. She went above and beyond our expectations when she delivered our photos (with over 500 more edits than originally promised in the package) just a week and 6 days after our wedding! Our close friends who got married earlier this year were astounded we got our photos back so soon, so Mariah isn’t joking when she says she has the fastest turn around time. It also makes a huge difference to actually co-own the photos and be able to easily share the links and zip files with families as opposed to getting stuck buying print packages.

Mariah’s superb professionalism and sweet personality easily makes her the best photographer in the Seattle area (but possibly the whole world too). :) - Emma & Ross

Sent on 07/18/2019