Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego Reviews

8 | San Diego, CA

8 Reviews for Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego

Amanda · Married on 11/05/2016

I just had my wedding here in November 2016. I could not have picked a better venue. They were so great to work with - Jonathan was amazing. When my now husband, parents, and I went to look at the venue they made us feel so special and everything was personalized. This attention lasted until the end of the honeymoon (we stayed in a Hyatt hotel) and it was not just a way to sell the venue. At every chance they got, they would upgrade our room, give us club access, bring us food and champagne. The food was also delicious, which I know is rare at weddings. It was of the same quality we had during the tasting. I HIGHLY recommend this venue to any bride and groom. I promise you won't be disappointed.

Sent on 11/22/2016

Stephanie · Married on 04/20/2013

If your the type of bride who pictured a cinderella wedding ballroom, but of course with the 2k style, MGH is the venue to be! I had over 250+ guests and their Elizabeth ballroom was perfect! High ceilings with chandeliers was a plus and the details inside too. Cocktail hour was on the foyer and terrace (over looking the bay and coronado bridge).

Their wedding package was on point and well worth it! My husband and I enjoyed every phase of it! Our catering manager was Esmeralda Olmos we were comfortable working with her and it was smooth plannng. A few of our wishes we asked she followed through! Such as from switching sides of the ballroom to appetizers =) By the way their appetizers were delish I'd go for the shrimp shumai and vegetable samosa again! LOL! Also main entree was delish too- it was double entree!

We were also surprised too that we had TWO nights in the bridal suite (penthouse) instead of one comped and that was a pleasure to have because my bridesmaids got to sleep over and wake up with a marvelous panoramic view and get ready right away =) Did I mention I had 9 bridesmaids (including MOH) so it did fit all of us getting ready! The men had a suite too and they too had a goood nite and time! Our guests who booked here enjoyed their night and loved the updated renovations and it was nice to stroll to Seaport Village.

Also when you book with Hyatt there are also complimentary nights for your honeymoon anywhere in the world where there is a Hyatt. We just came from Hawaii and their services/view were as awesome too!

Overall there are many good perks celebrating your wedding at the Manchester Grand Hyatt!

Sent on 05/19/2013
  • Carmina

Carmina · Married on 12/04/2010

We could not have been more pleased with our reception venue; everything was beautiful and top quality, from the food to the outstanding service. I will start with our amazing catering manager, Reshma Singh, who made the experience very pleasant with her professionalism, efficiency and great care; she made us feel as if our wedding was the only and most special one; she was always prompt in her response and provided us with solutions. We were also very pleased with the food (as foodies this was one of our priorities) not only we truly enjoyed the tasting to create the wedding menu, but we were pleasantly surprise that they were able to maintain the quality for 60 people the day of the wedding. Our reception room was on the 32nd floor, beautiful, completely private for us and our guest, and with the most beautiful views. And as a special treat they upgraded us to the penthouse suite on the 42nd floor, it was wonderful! My husband and I are now considering renewing our vows every year just to have an excuse to have another party there ;-). Thanks a lot for everything!

Sent on 02/23/2011

Robert · Married on 11/24/2010

It is often said the two biggest fears people have are death and public speaking. But what those researchers who developed the list have markedly omitted is one of the biggest fears of all … getting married!

For a bride and groom to plan a wedding there are a significant amount of worries, but often overlooked is finding the perfect hotel accommodations for both you and your guests.

As a frequent traveler and a long term Hyatt Hotel Diamond Global Passport member, over the years I have become somewhat of a “hotel snob”. I recognize the importance of staying at a hotel that is in a good location, has a clean and comfortable room, and a professional and knowledgeable staff all at a reasonable price. Granted, it is easy enough to worry about booking a room for myself; however, the stress level becomes magnified when trying to also satisfy wedding guests who are used to staying at 4-star and 5-star hotels. Now add in the fact of personally wanting a hotel suite to thrill my bride-to-be and the situation becomes as dire as obtaining front row tickets to a Los Angeles Lakers playoff basketball game and sitting next to Jack Nicholson!

With our destination wedding planned on November 24, 2010 in San Diego, California, finding the perfect hotel accommodations was paramount. From downtown to the beach, the city of San Diego and its outlying areas offer a wide variety of hotels. Although there is an advantage with such a wide selection, there is also a disadvantage of trying to cut down that list.

Ironically, after an extensive search over several months, our choice of hotels were reduced down to two – the Hyatt at Mission Bay and the San Diego Manchester Grand Hyatt. My long time experience with the Hyatt chain has always been very favorable, so with either choice I knew I was in good hands.
    Ultimately we decided on the San Diego Manchester Grand Hyatt. And what a fantastic choice it was! From better-than-competitive rates, to the most state-of-the-art on-line wedding reservation tracking system, to large and modern rooms with comfortable bedding, to the highest degree of guest care this hotel is to be commended. And for hotel restaurants, there are not many better than Sally’s!

In particular, my wife and I would like to thank and commend Ms. Stephanie Wancheck, the Convention Services Manager, for her outstanding attention to every one of our needs… and even more!

Although the Grand Hyatt has over 1,600 rooms, Ms. Wancheck made us feel like we were staying at a much more intimate bed and breakfast. She and her staff’s attention to detail was impeccable. Despite our wedding party being less than 50 guests, Ms. Wancheck was in correspondence with us weekly all the way up to the time of our wedding to ensure everything was going as planned. This allowed us to focus on the other aspects of our wedding.

The “place de resistance” was the upgraded hotel suite Ms. Wancheck surprised us with. When we checked in we were upgraded to the Douglas Suite and she made sure our incredible room had a bottle of wine and chocolate covered strawberries and truffles in our honor! The room wasn’t just an upgrade it was an “up-great”!

Once again, thank you to Ms. Wancheck and to all others involved at the Hyatt in helping make our wedding a special occasion and one we will always remember. The Hyatt Hotel’s mission statement is “to be the world’s premier host, creating a great experience for every person every time” and that you did!

Sent on 01/21/2011
  • Cheryl

Cheryl · Married on 02/14/2010

This place is amazing!!!.. Right on the waterfront. As soon as the limo dropped us off at the hotel we walked just a few steps to the small village right next door and had our favorite pizza. The hotel is just so beautiful. In the morning we were leaving for our cruise and we were able to just walk over to the ship. Everything is so centrally located there was no need for us to take a cab or anything.

Sent on 05/27/2010

Aria · Married on 06/20/2015

The hyatt was a great choice for my wedding venue. It's beautiful and in the heart of the gaslamp district. Although there were a few hiccups on the day of the wedding (they offered cash bar to our guests during cocktail hour even though we paid for open bar, which we later found out through our guests), overall it was a great night and the timeline of the night went smoothly.

Sent on 09/15/2015

Andrew · Married on 10/01/2011

2.2
      3.0
      2.5
      0.5
      2.0
      3.0

They Nickle and Dime you for everything. Theyre accounting department needs a complete overhaul. When I asked for a breakdown of the items charged, they couldnt provide it. If I had to do it all over again, I would not chose the Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego.

Sent on 12/06/2011