Mallory Joyce Design Reviews

Mallory Joyce Design 4
Mallory Joyce Design 5
Mallory Joyce Design 6

Allie · Married on 06/09/2018

We had such an incredible experience with Mallory & are so thankful we hired her to be our wedding designer/planner/florist! She helped us navigate the early design/vendor booking process, kept us on track leading up to the wedding, and was crucial for the day of logistics! We were really able to be present & enjoy our wedding day, as we had full trust that Mallory & her team would handle any last minute concerns. Her design aesthetic was exactly what I'd envisioned, and she really helped us make everything come to life - even better than we could've hoped for! Would absolutely recommend Mallory to anyone planning a wedding!

Sent on 07/14/2018
    Mallory Joyce Design 7
    Mallory Joyce Design 8

Mallory Joyce Design's reply:

Thank you, Allie!! Your words mean so much to me. I loved working with you guys and your families. The entire day was beautiful, especially you!

Kathryn · Married on 06/09/2018

I am so thankful that our daughter chose you as their Wedding Planner, because you enabled this special event to be enjoyed by all of us! Your attention to details and thoughtful schedule of decisions to be made throughout the year eliminated our stress during the planning process as well as on the wedding day! With Allie being in medical school and my working full-time, we really needed and appreciated your expertise in planning and pulling together all the different vendors. I had no idea of how many decisions would need to be made, nor the schedule needed to do this.
    Thank you especially for your efforts on their wedding day and the days immediately leading up to it. Truly the best part for my husband and me was seeing the bride and groom so happy! We highly recommend you to anyone else planning a wedding!

Sent on 08/07/2018

Courtney · Married on 12/02/2017

We chose Mallory Joyce Design for our floral arrangements for our December 2nd, 2017 nuptials and couldn't have been happier with our decision! As soon as I spoke with Mallory over the phone for the first time, I knew she was the perfect choice to create floral arrangements for our wedding. She quickly understood my vision and knew what I wanted for the big day. When we had our first in-person meeting, I was even more impressed with Mallory's attention to detail, thought process and organization, and could tell that she was incredibly passionate about her work! Together, we went through a variety of pictures, pointing out what we liked and didn't like, and talked about a ton of flower options that we wanted to incorporate into our big day. It was an amazing working session with Mallory and made me even more excited to see everything come to life. Mallory was also incredibly patient with me - allowing me to add things into the contract, take them away, and then add them back in at the last minute! What Mallory designed for our wedding was beyond stunning - all of the floral arrangements were organic, loose, and whimsical - nothing short of spectacular. We had SO many guests tell us how beautiful everything looked and all we could do was agree! Mallory, thank you so much for making our wedding day so beautiful - you and your team worked incredibly hard to really make it a dream come true. We'll never forget it!

Sent on 01/18/2018
    Mallory Joyce Design 9
    Mallory Joyce Design 10
    Mallory Joyce Design 11
    Mallory Joyce Design 12

Mallory Joyce Design's reply:

Thank you, Courtney!! Your words means so much to me. I loved creating flowers for you! You were a gracious,kind and beautiful bride! I feel privileged that you trusted me with such a big part of your day and I'm glad you loved what we created!

Julianne · Married on 09/30/2017

Working with Mallory for our flowers was one of the easiest decisions in the whole process of wedding planning – every picture of her work is absolutely stunning, I had zero question in my mind that she would do an unbelievable job. (And my entire inspiration board was already made up of photos of her prior work!)

I had a specific idea of a hanging structure that I wanted, and Mallory truly helped my amateur vision come to life. While a few other florists I had spoken to tried to guide me away from my idea and toward something they had done before/were more comfortable with, Mallory was totally open to it and it worked out beautifully. She also very graciously helped me work within my budget to choose what would make the most impact to achieve what my vision. She is unbelievably creative and takes so much pride in her work.

All of our flowers were truly stunning, Mallory was an absolute joy to work with and has impeccable taste and incredible creativity. I can't recommend her highly enough!

Sent on 03/29/2018

Mallory was such a pleasure to work with and I cannot speak highly enough about the floral design at my wedding! She was extremely responsive to ALL of my numerous emails and really went above and beyond to achieve my dream wedding. I am so grateful for her dedicated work and couldn't have been happier with the result.

I highly recommend Mallory!

Sent on 09/01/2017
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 05/28/2017

Mallory did the floral design for our wedding and we were blown away at how beautiful everything was! From the bouquets to the centerpieces and all of the small details in between everything was what we had dreamed of and more. Mallory was super easy to work with and her experience quickly became evident in our first meeting as she took our ideas for what we wanted and offered additional suggestions that we loved! Thank you Mallory!!

Sent on 06/17/2017

Gabriele · Married on 04/15/2017

Mallory provided the florals for our wedding, and we can't rave enough about her and her team. Mallory and Sam listened very attentively during our consultation, and helped us create and bring to life a vision based on a few abstract ideas that we had in mind. Organized, responsive, and prompt, Mallory created a design plan that helped us visualize how the florals would look. She accommodated our preference for flowers that were as locally sourced as possible. In short, we would highly recommend Mallory for anyone looking for a superb experience and end product.

Sent on 04/29/2017

Molly · Married on 04/01/2017

We absolutely LOVED working with Mallory and her team!

She is a total class act and a dream collaborator. Truly, everything was 100x more beautiful than we could've ever imagined and she completely brought our vision to life in the most special and unique way. Not only that, she and her team are just so kind and down to Earth, that it made working with them that much more fun :) Mallory really listened and was so creative in the way she was able to bring our ideas on paper to reality. We received so many compliments from friends and family that everything was so "us" ... which was awesome to hear.

I cannot recommend her enough and am so happy that we had the chance to work with her!

Sent on 04/07/2017

We booked Mallory for the Design Consultation. We are planning the majority of the wedding and have a day-of planner, but we needed some help focusing on the general feel for the day and how that might be executed in the details.

Mallory met us at our venue and was incredibly prepared. Before we met, she had prepared a moodboard for us so that we had somewhere to begin with our vision for the day. She also came with stationary samples and other tangible "props" for the session. We created a general timeline so that my fiance and I could determine how long we'd need each vendor (i.e, when the photographer should show up, when the band should start, etc.). After talking through logistics (from floor layouts to budget), she spent time brainstorming design ideas to really hone in on our taste. She gave us specific vendors based on these tastes so that we had concrete actions to take on after the meeting to move forward with our planning.

The best part about Mallory's service is that she artfully balances "I'll do whatever you want to do for the consult!" and "I will be your guide!" She didn't hijack the event, but she also didn't leave us hanging if we were indecisive or confused. She truly helped us bring out our own identity in the dream that is our wedding.

My fiance and I looked back on the outline we created before meeting Mallory, which included things we wanted to get out of it. In the afternoon we spent with her, she covered EVERYTHING and then some, and we were so surprised that she fit it all in while keeping an exciting and stress-free feel to the consult. Not only do we feel prepared to execute the vision we created with Mallory, but we also feel inspired by our meeting with her.

EVEN IF YOU HAVE A DAY-OF PLANNER, BOOK MALLORY FOR A DESIGN CONSULT - it will save you so much confusion and time in the long run!

Sent on 05/18/2015

Natalie · Married on 05/14/2016

Mallory and her team are just absolutely wonderful. She has an amazing eye for design and detail, and is also calm and thoughtful. I was planning my wedding from out of town and she was very reachable and accommodating. She is just lovely to work with and has great ideas. When I met with other planners, so many made me feel anxious about the wedding or seemed pushy, and Mallory was a welcome difference from them -- she is poised, creative, energetic, but also calming and unflappable, and, importantly, fun to work with. Can't say enough good things! Definitely THE planner to work with in Charlottesville. Also, her florals are gorgeous, and I got tons of compliments on them!

Sent on 06/29/2016

Caryn · Married on 04/23/2016

Mallory was wonderful to work with! She is kind, warm, and creative. She responded to all of our questions and helped make my vision for our wedding flowers come true! Highly recommend working with Mallory.

Sent on 06/30/2016

katherine · Married on 04/16/2016

Mallory was absolutely wonderful. Her flowers were beautiful and so special. She gave us exactly what we wanted and she was very helpful about helping us make decisions! I highly recommend her!

Sent on 04/26/2016

Desirae · Married on 04/16/2016

Mallory did the floral design for our April wedding and rehearsal dinner. She was nothing short of amazing throughout the entire planning process, and on the wedding weekend. She has a very calming demeanor and she's super easy to work with. Her arrangements far exceeded my expectations and I received compliments the entire night about how beautiful the flowers were. The only thing I regret was not hiring her as our event planner/designer. She is truly a gem!

Sent on 09/09/2016

Nina · Married on 10/24/2015

I feel so blessed that Mallory Joyce did the styling, floral design and coordinating of our wedding. She traveled to Northern California to a remote town, and was such a calming energy to be around leading up to our wedding. It was such a gorgeous day that she brought into fruition, and her time, dedication, vision and hard work really made it the most beautiful day of our lives. She handled every step of the way with such grace, elegance and ease, and it was so lovely being around her and her team! Mallory is truly gifted at what she does, and her taste and ability to bring one's vision to life, while enhancing it stylistically and design wise are beyond what I could have ever asked for.

Sent on 12/08/2015

elizabeth · Married on 10/17/2015

I can't speak highly enough of Mallory. She is kind, pleasant, smart, understated and efficient. She has gorgeous taste. She is masterful at dealing with vendors and venue employees. She stayed at our house for four days, arriving the Wednesday before the wedding and leaving the morning after the wedding. Even in the stresses of those last days, she was always calm and reassuring. She did all the flowers for the ceremony and reception, and guest and family alike raved about them. She orchestrated the ceremony and the reception with her usual low-key, competent, calming demeanor. When she left on Sunday morning, I was sad to see her go -- which, I think, says it all.

Sent on 01/05/2016

Vitaliya · Married on 09/25/2015

Working with Mallory was one of the best decisions I made. It took me 2 weeks to realize that there was no way I could plan my own wedding with busy schedule and I had to get wedding planner. I came across her beautiful website and it was exactly what I was looking for. Elegant and beautiful, just like Mallory herself. She kept me on track throughout the year of planning and gave recommendations of amazing photographer and other vendors. Mallory also created gorgeous flower arrangements and other small elements that made our wedding absolutely perfect. She is very professional and pleasure to work with. Thank's to her my wedding planning was smooth and not stressful and all our friends were telling us that our wedding was the most beautiful they have ever seen.

Sent on 01/13/2016

Molly · Married on 09/19/2015

When planning my wedding, I knew I wanted to work vendors who had an artistic eye and appreciation for detail. My absolute first choice for florals was Mallory Joyce Design. I had been following her work for a little while and knew that she would understand the vision I had for my big day. When we originally met to discuss this vision, I let Mallory know the inspiration behind my wedding day, and certain styles/colors that I liked and disliked. From there, I let Mallory take complete control. Showing up to my wedding day was like a big surprise, and I could not be more pleased with everything she did to make my big day come to life.

Mallory made all the bouquets and boutonnieres, hand-built and decorated an arbor for my ceremony, decorated the reserved family ceremony chairs, made flower/fruit-filled garlands for my farmhouse tables, covered the tables in candles of all sorts, decorated my cake, and provided a special flower that had significance to my family.

Mallory is the perfect vendor for those who truly appreciate the art of florals! She was a sweetheart to work with, a joy to be around, and a downright hard-working professional :).

Sent on 12/02/2015

At first, we were very skeptical about hiring a wedding planner--how hard could it be, right? But given our long distance and busy schedules at the time, we decided to go for it. After considering a few options, we saw Mallory's amazing portfolio. We spoke with her on the phone, and after our first conversation we knew she was the right fit for us.

I'll be honest, a wedding planner is not cheap. But for us, it was more than worth it. With the wedding industry as it is these days, it could take years to parse through all the different options and combinations of options. Mallory saved us so much time and anxiety by giving us a reasonable number of options to choose from, each better than the last. She also introduced us to some amazing vendors we would never have discovered without her. With Mallory on our team, we were able to plan the wedding we wanted.

Mallory not only provided the much-needed resources and guidance during the planning process, she also made the wedding day seamless and amazingly stress-free. Even when things went wrong, Mallory's schedule had just the right amount of leeway so that we never felt like we were running behind! If we could do it all over again, the first thing we would do is hire Mallory!

Sent on 12/30/2015

kamilia · Married on 06/06/2015

I knew that I wanted to work with Mallory halfway through our first phone call together. Not only is she an absolute pleasure to work with, her work itself is flawless. It is beautiful, thoughtful and meticulous.

We hired Mallory to do planning and florals for our June wedding and rehearsal dinner. For planning, she is extremely organized, communicative and reliable. She managed our vendors (many of whom had not worked together before) and created fluid timelines for both days' activities. The zipper on my wedding dress broke while I was getting ready, and I had to get sewn into it, which threw off our timeline for the day. Mallory seamlessly adjusted everything, and we were able to start our ceremony on time. She took the stress of the wedding off of me, my husband and our families, and she allowed us to truly enjoy our most special day.

For flowers, she is an absolute artist. I gave her free reign as to what she wanted to do for florals because I trusted her style and judgment, and I am still truly astonished by what she created. My guests told me that my bridal bouquet was the most beautiful one they have ever seen (I agree!), and she created a flower arrangement for an arbor that made our ceremony look like a dream.

It is my highest recommendation that you work with Mallory for your wedding or other special event.

Sent on 08/15/2015

Cristina · Married on 05/30/2015

Mallory absolutely made our wedding! We originally reached out to her after seeing images of her florals, but after speaking with her on the phone, I knew we wanted her to help with the overall design and planning of the wedding.

Mallory's eye is absolutely amazing and she truly has a gift! She is so passionate about what she does, which made the experience with her so wonderful. With the planning part of it, she gave me endless recommendations and kept me organized and on task! She was a crucial part of the wedding, especially since we were planning from North Carolina.

Mallory's florals were stunning! After speaking with her, she began by putting together mood boards for all the florals that we wanted, which were so helpful to have those to build from. The bouquets and florals for the entire wedding set the tone for our entire wedding and were more than what we could have hoped for! We made some last minute changes and she was happy to accommodate us! We decided we wanted to dress up the tree that was the backdrop to our ceremony and she made the most beautiful arbor that was the most perfect and special spot to say our vows.

We are eternally grateful for the part she played in our wedding. Everything turned out absolutely amazing and I would recommend her services to anyone!

Sent on 10/27/2015

Mallory is SO talented, and her flowers were gorgeous!!! She executed everything flawlessly, and I could not have imagined a more beautiful setting. Her creations are beautiful, whimsical, natural, and elegant. I will recommend her to everyone!

Sent on 05/14/2015

Maddy · Married on 05/09/2015

Mallory was absolutely wonderful to work with! She is so personable and warm, and truly understood my vision with the flowers for our wedding. She has impeccable style and working with her was extremely natural and seamless. I had so many comments that our bouquets were the most beautiful that anyone had seen! My bridal bouquets and our bridesmaid bouquets were one of my absolute favorite details of the wedding. I highly recommend working with Mallory!

Sent on 06/03/2015

Torrance · Married on 04/04/2015

My entire family and I loved working with Mallory! Her eye for design is incredible, her organization was fantastic and she created the most beautiful floral arrangements and bouquets for our wedding! Hire Mallory and not only will you just love getting to know her, but your wedding will be absolutely stunning and you will spend your wedding day relaxing instead of stressed. She's the best!!

Sent on 08/04/2015

R · Married on 12/31/2014

Mallory is a joy to work with, always. She's extremely communicative, responsive, and creative. I have worked with her in providing calligraphy services to a number of her brides, and she is always on top of all the details, taking the best care of her clients and making sure their needs are met. In dealing with me, a vendor, she is always on time, clear, and super friendly/easy to work with. On top of that, her work is BEAUTIFUL, elegant, and unique. I would recommend her to any bride looking for event planning or floral design for their wedding!

Sent on 11/13/2014

Adrienne · Married on 12/31/2014

I can't say enough wonderful things about my experience with Mallory Joyce Design! Mallory played the role of our full wedding stylist, planner AND florist and created our dream wedding. I'm not always 100% clear with my vision, because I like a lot of different styles/ideas, but Mallory totally helped me hone in on what I really wanted. Our wedding involved several different vendors and Mallory has a wonderful way of dealing with each of them where I barely even had to interact with them (except for the fun parts, like tastings :-)). Mallory has a great attitude and impeccable taste. The whole wedding planning process was made more pleasant because of her. She truly is amazing at what she does and I would recommend her to every bride I know!

Sent on 06/10/2015