Make It Happen! Reviews

104 | Patterson, CA

104 Reviews for Make It Happen!

Make It Happen! 1
Make It Happen! 6
Make It Happen! 7
  • Dominique

Dominique · Married on 10/14/2018

Book her IMMEDIATELY. Your search is over!

We hired Robin at the beginning of our wedding planning journey, after we had already secured our venue. She worked diligently with us for ten months to find the right vendors, review contracts, be a sound board and give us her professional opinion. She was extremely helpful throughout the entire process. For example, she accompanied us to our food tasting and asked questions we didn’t even think to ask! Her questions helped us provide delicious meals for our guests on the wedding day!
    As we got closer to the wedding, Robin was the chain that kept everyone in order from vendors to family the day of the wedding. She is very organized, professional, and personable. Robin communicated with our venue, vendors, and family to make sure the day went smoothly. She does not shy away from any challenge. You will find confidence in her to provide you your dream wedding.
    Because of Robin, our day went smoothly and our guests loved everything from the ceremony to the sparkler exit. On the day of the wedding, she was there to help from the moment we woke up. She helped with our hotel stay and was the last person to leave the venue at the end of the night.
    If there was anything we needed at the ceremony or reception, Robin was there to make sure it was done. For example, my matron of honor let me know that Robin made sure she was doing ok during the end of the reception because my MOH was dealing with a very bad case of nausea from pregnancy. Robin was there to make sure that she had water and rest.
    We cannot imagine what our wedding would have been like with out her. If she is available for your wedding, book her IMMEDIATELY. Your search is over!

Make It Happen! 10
  • Erica

Erica · Married on 09/28/2018

Robin was everything we could have hoped for and more, we are so grateful for her! My husband and I are very much the DIY type, in fact we made everything from my wedding dress to our ornate wedding arch and everything in between ourselves, that being said, we didn't think we would need Day-of Coordinator, especially since we were on a budget. Fast forward to the last month before the wedding and we finally realized we would need a DOC just to take that stress off of us and enjoy our day! The problem was, we were only a month away and most coordinators were either completely booked or wanting to charge us triple their fee because of the late notice. This is when Robin came in to save the day. From the very beginning she was kind and reassuring, while also being extremely thorough and proactive. We thought we had everything covered and only needed someone to help orchestrate the day of, but we soon learned through Robin's questions that there was so much more we didn't even know we were missing! Instead of a Day-of-Coordinator, Robin became the Month-of-Coordinator we didn't know we needed. After just a few emails, we were so relieved and grateful to have Robin on our team and both agreed that she deserves five times the reasonable fee she charges.We were coming from out of town, so the first time we actually met Robin was on our wedding day! She was so calm and reassuring, just having her presence there was a relief, I even had several family members and bridal party say the same thing! Through her calm demeanor, she was able to get everything set up and running smoothly, and made sure everyone was where they needed to be throughout the day. Our wedding day was perfect and stress free all thanks to Robin! On top of all of this, she would even send us texts like "happy wedding day!' the morning of, or congratulating us the day after, she felt like family! I would highly recommend Robin as your coordinator, our only regret was not finding her sooner. Thank you Robin!

Make It Happen! 11
    Make It Happen! 12
    Make It Happen! 13
    Make It Happen! 14
    Make It Happen! 15

Casey · Married on 07/07/2018

Robin was INCREDIBLE! She was personal, professional, and went above and beyond to make our day happen! She was very communicative throughout the planning process and paid great attention to details. She helped relieve (mine and my mother's) stress and kept the planning fun! She was so thoughtful and made every request I had happen. HIRE HER :)

Meredith · Married on 06/09/2018

I wish I was able to use Robin more than I did - I didn’t find her until after I had most of my venue and vendors, so there were many conversations and negotiators in which I still had to lead. However, Robin was a pro and asked questions, often addressing things I had not even thought about! She was always thinking 2 steps ahead, and when the stress started ramping up as the date came near, there were many things I knew I didn’t need to worry about - I knew Robin had it handled. On the wedding day, everything went smoothly without me having to worry about it. I just wish I had found her earlier in my planning process!

Amy · Married on 04/28/2018

Hiring Robin was by far the best decision we made during the months leading up to the wedding. I had initially hoped to plan the whole wedding on my own and had already secured my major vendors (venue, catering, hair, photography, etc...). 3-4 months before the wedding, however, I realized that I did not want to be super stressed about the all details of the wedding and accidentally miss anything. I went on a search on The Knot for a wedding coordinator that would be able to help manage everything for the month leading up to the wedding and the day of. I interviewed a few coordinators, but found a great match in Robin. Right off the bat, I could tell she was organized, experienced, and an overall lovely person. It was so easy to get in contact with her and she immediately gave me multiple suggestions about my timeline and vendor organization that I would have never thought of on my own. She went above and beyond by accompanying me to my catering tasting (backed me up when I needed to set my foot down about my preferences for the menu and decor), organizing and coordinating my rowdy group of friends at our rehearsal ceremony, and making sure the day of the wedding went off without a single hitch. As someone who is generally very type A, I felt comfortable leaving Robin in charge of making last minute decisions and allowing me to really enjoy my wedding day. I could not recommend her more!

Make It Happen! 16

Eileen · Married on 04/15/2018

My fiancé and I hired Robin Lewis from Make it Happen on the recommendation from a friend, and we couldn't be more pleased.
    We first met Ms. Lewis at a restaurant for a few hours and by the end of that encounter we felt like old friends. After getting to know each other a bit, she listened to what we envisioned for our special day, giving us excellent advice to our questions, including names of vendors she likes and other important information you only get from experience.
    She kept in contact with the vendors and provided them with timelines and expectations. During the month prior to the wedding, I called Robin a couple times totally stressed and she calmly "talked me off the ledge", so to speak. I appreciated that!!
    The ceremony was in a Redwood Grove, so not your standard venue. She orchestrated it so well, the day was magical, spiritual and romantic - everything we hoped for and more.
    The reception was at a different location and it went beautifully as well.
    We highly recommend Robin Lewis as a wedding planner/coordinator. She has a calm yet energetic and efficient style that fit just right for us.

April · Married on 02/25/2018

Robin from Make It Happen! really does make anything happen! I had the best wedding experience from day one with her. She was prosssional and personable from the minute we met. I felt like I was the only bride and wedding she was ever working with. I was her priority. She answers emails very promptly and if you aren’t an email person she will take your call. All my other vendors loved working with her too. The actually wedding day I could focus on me and just be in the moment because I had developed a professional relationship of trust. I knew that everything I needed would be handled so I could enjoy my special day. If you are very organized and think you don’t need a coordinator, think again! I’m type A and OCD about everything. I can plan away but on that day you don’t want to be your own planner. Do yourself a favor and hire Robin to take care of it all!

Make It Happen! 17
    Make It Happen! 18

Pamela · Married on 01/28/2018

If you have the opportunity to hire Robin Lewis from Make It Happen as your wedding coordinator DO IT! She is the person who can make your wedding dreams become a reality.

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Robin. From our very first meeting I felt comfortable to be in the hands of a professional with years of experience. Robin has a wealth of amazing vendors and will tailor a list for you that meet your budget, criteria, and style. She not only provided access tot these amazing vendors, but also reviewed their proposals and provided input that was invaluable. Robin really listened to what we wanted. When I had a difficult time making decisions she listened patiently and guided me to the very best choices for us. Robin kept me on track with deadlines, helped us make good spending decisions, saved us money, and stepped in with our vendors to handle all sorts of difficult details along the way. She is calm, steady and there for you with a good idea or solution or recommended path – no matter what the issue. You can count on her to handle all the vendor logistics, coordination, timing, venue, and everything day of your wedding.
    We were able to enjoy every part of our day without worrying about anything other than having fun and sharing our love with our family and friends. Our wedding was amazing and everything was perfect.

Robin has style, class, and the knowledge of weddings that every bride needs. She is incredibly professional and has earned the respect of her peers and her clients with the quality of her work.

But I haven’t shared my favorite things about Robin. She is a wonderful person. Robin is passionate about her work. It is very personal for her. She wants the very best for every one of her brides. To work with her on your wedding is a true gift. It feels like you have a true friend guiding you and making your day perfect. Our wedding day was everything and more than we had dreamed it could be. Thank you to Robin for Making It Happen!

• W

Whitney · Married on 12/31/2017

Robin is amazing. She truly made our special day be the best. We had a new year's eve wedding and she was able to make sure the wedding and party went off without a hitch. She is so calm and understanding, very motherly which was super nice when I was stressed! She will always find the time to answer your emails or pick up a call. She was so great to work with!! I highly recommend her.

Sharon · Married on 10/28/2017

Robin helped make our wedding day and planning seamless and worry-free! My husband and I decided to plan a wedding in under 5 months, and so we knew we wanted a wedding planner. We initially interviewed four wedding planners, and Robin was clearly the top choice and the best choice. Her responsiveness, professionalism, experience, and problem-solving abilities are top-notch. She immediately saved us money on the flowers, and transportation. She also immediately responded to all my questions with an added personal touch. Given that we planned our wedding 100% on our own, it was really great to have Robin our team. The day of the wedding, I was not nervous at all, as Robin literally had tackled every issue that came up, and had already prevented any other issues. I have no idea how she was in so many places at the same time, but after wedding, over and over I was told "Robin helped us" or "Robin directed us" from my guests. If you want a stress-free and beautiful wedding we would strongly suggest to hire Robin, she's a true professional and an excellent wedding planner!

Emily · Married on 09/30/2017

Robin was seriously the best person to have as our wedding coordinator! Not only was she extremely professional, but she was fast to respond, and handled some of our crazy questions and requests with diligent and thorough answers. She is extremely experienced, and that helped us tremendously in making the right choices for our wedding. Our families and wedding party also loved her - she made what seemed a gigantic stressor in our life flawless and absolutely perfect! Thank you Robin!!!

Robin · Married on 09/09/2017

My husband and I got married a couple of weeks ago in Half Moon Bay, CA and I can honestly say that I enjoyed the wedding planning process. That being said, it definitely would have been a different story without Robin. She took so much pressure off of us during the whole process that we were able to enjoy it. We got married in the Bay Area but we live in San Diego so we never actually met Robin in person until the day before our wedding which is not her preference so we really appreciate her for that! We were able to schedule calls with her as needed and every time we talked with her she called out details that I never would have thought of. All of her knowledge about the little details that go into a wedding and the timeline is never something that I could have made as seamless on my own. I had plenty of friends tell me that the last couple weeks before the wedding are the most stressful, however that wasn't the case for us. By the time the last couple weeks rolled around we had done everything needed from us and Robin completely took on the timeline process and the communication with the vendors. She made sure all the vendors knew when they had to be there and where they had to be. I think one of the most valuable parts of Robin's presence throughout this whole process was our rehearsal dinner and wedding day. Having her there to handle all of the details of the day: who goes where, what time they need to be there, how do our things get moved to the correct hotel room, how do our items for the ceremony and reception get where they need to go, what does the reception layout look like. In addition to getting the ceremony and reception situated, she made sure the whole day ran smoothly. Our whole ceremony and reception ran so smoothly it was amazing, I didn't have to worry once, Robin moved things along just as they needed to be. All of these things and so much more Robin took care of for us and because of that we were able to enjoy our wedding!

Katherine · Married on 08/12/2017

Robin was the best wedding coordinator my husband and I could have asked for. She was patient, provided advice when needed, responsive, and a professional. With the many details required for planning a wedding, she was also very organized, adaptable to any situation, and comfortable with corralling the masses. My husband and I are thrilled with how our wedding turned out thanks, in part, to Robin Lewis for whom we will be eternally grateful.

Make It Happen! 19
    Make It Happen! 20

Marisa · Married on 08/04/2017

August 2017 - There really aren't enough good things that we can say about Robin Lewis. We met with Robin Lewis at our venue food tasting and had an instant connection with her and knew we had to have her as our wedding planning, so we booked her that day. She is so thorough and organized and her years of industry experience were so helpful. Robin provided amazing insight and is definitely a visionary, which is what we needed when it came to walking through and finalizing the entire wedding day and logistics. We really enjoyed working with Robin and I am definitely recommending her to all my friends who are planning a wedding. She made wedding planning so much fun and we were so stress-free on the day before and of our wedding because we knew we could trust Robin to handle everything. Thank you Robin for everything!!!

Sarah · Married on 07/29/2017

We are so happy with our choice to work with Robin! She comes with years of experience planning weddings, which also means she has relationships with the best vendors in the San Francisco Bay Area. It was a great sign that all of the vendors we hired absolutely love working with Robin. Not to mention, she is incredibly responsive throughout the entire wedding planning process. She is not just a resource to you the month before your wedding; she is a sounding board from the moment you start planning. I felt completely at ease during my wedding weekend knowing that Robin was coordinating all of the details. Great decision!

• Meriam

Meriam · Married on 07/22/2017

We had our July 8th wedding at the Club at Ruby Hill and it was just magical. Robin Lewis was our wedding planner and we had the most wonderful experience working with Robin. She communicated with us well and often. She is professional, personable and is an absolute pro in her field. Like my husband and I, Robin is very detail oriented and we had no doubt that all the details we envisioned would come to fruition. She definitely understood our simple and romantic vision for our wedding. When meeting our wedding party the day of the rehearsal, she made everyone feel comfortable, was courteous, and our family only had positive and kind things to say about Robin. The day of our wedding, Robin was fiercely protective of us as a couple and made sure that we really enjoyed our day, made sure we enjoyed our meals, asked if we needed anything and just doted on us. We appreciated Robin coming up to us during our reception and checking on us. Every decorative detail we wanted was on point, from the receiving tables, to the cake table, to the reception tables, to see everything come together with Robin’s loving touch, just made our wedding day extra special. Every part of our wedding from the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception went smoothly and we appreciate her reminding us not to worry about the things we couldn’t control ( ex: wet noodle flower girl, any inappropriate family members, the weather). We look back on our wedding day and feel like Robin is a part of our family.
    It has been almost two months since our wedding and our family and friends are STILL sharing wonderful feedback and stories about it. Every description from ROMANTIC to ELEGANT to MAGICAL, we credit to Robin. She took our vision and dream and turned it into a stunningly beautiful reality. Our dearest Robin, Trevor and I are so blessed to have had you as our wedding planner and are delighted to call you a friend. We thank you for your wonderful work ethic and making our dream wedding come true.

• I

Isabelle · Married on 07/02/2017

Simply put, Robin is THE BEST in the industry. She has an incredible ability to keep everyone and every detail on point while also bringing so much peace and tranquility to the process. At the rehearsal, my older sister's comment was "Wow - that Robin sure does have her $#!t together!!" :-) I completely agree. Robin guided me through every detail of wedding planning over months of back and forth communication on phone, email and in person. (She is so prompt!) She offered suggestions, guidance and opinions in a very appropriate way, but ultimately let me make the decisions to make my wedding vision come through. I always felt Robin was looking out for my best interests. When planning a wedding, you need someone you can trust. If I had to do it all over again, I would 100% choose Robin Lewis. I look back on the planning process with Robin so fondly and miss working with her already!! Wedding Date: July 2, 2017.

julie · Married on 05/20/2017

We hired Robin for our May 2017 wedding in Berkeley. If you are looking for a wedding planner who will keep your wedding running smoothly and minimize your stress levels so you can spend most of your wedding enjoying your wedding, you should definitely give her a call.

Some specifics:

1/ I slept a full eight hours the night before our wedding and took a nap in the afternoon the day of (our ceremony started at 6pm). You can ask my husband, but I am usually a VERY anxious person. That is how relaxed I was.

2/ Robin is the most communicative vendor we worked with throughout our entire wedding planning process. It's mind-boggling how she is able to effortlessly keep track of all her brides and weddings while making you feel like your own wedding is top priority on her list.

3/ I felt like a guest at my own wedding. I didn't need to think, do anything, coordinate with any vendors or guests. I just arrived and enjoyed my wedding. Setup, breakdown, timeline were all taken care of. Everyone says that your wedding goes by so quickly and ends before you even know it. Our wedding was only a short 4.5 hours, but I didn't find that to be the case because I was able to relax and enjoy every moment of it.

4/ Unlike many other wedding planners who bring a large team, Robin worked our wedding by herself. Our wedding was executed perfectly and my conclusion is that she has magical powers and manages to be in many places at the same time. She kept track of our gift cards, let us know exactly where to be and when, packed up all our belongings for us at the end, helped take care of a woman who fainted during the reception, and so on.

Our wedding went smoothly and our family had a wonderful time. We could not have asked for a better day.

Thank you Robin and your super-hero wedding planner skills!

Kelli · Married on 04/29/2017

Robin was a key part in making sure our wedding day was everything we dreamed of. We were initially torn about a planner versus day-of coordinator through our venue, and I am so glad we chose Robin as our planner. Having been in the industry for a while, she really knows her stuff! I had a vision and was very detailed-oriented with planning, and Robin was very helpful in offering ideas and opinions. She helped us keep our budget in check without having to sacrifice anything we really wanted. She gave us a great list of preferred vendors and even helped negotiate some of the prices. Robin also created an extremely detailed timeline which was invaluable, things ran so efficiently! The other thing I appreciated so much (being a very detailed oriented and anxious bride) was that Robin always responded to each and every email within hours- even my late night anxieties were addressed so early the next morning! She kept me sane throughout the whole process. The day of the wedding, Robin was a godsend! Only very minor things went wrong and she quickly and efficiently took care of each so I did not have to worry. We were able to enjoy our day, each and every moment of it, because Robin took care of everything! That was worth every penny. We have since been to 3 other weddings since ours in April and the difference between how things ran at those and our wedding was drastic! Timeline problems, glitches in how things operated, etc. were so noticeable and we really feel everything ran so smoothly because of Robin. She was so involved with our vendors which really ensured our day and vision was executed seamlessly. You will not regret choosing a planner as talented as Robin!

Holly · Married on 03/25/2017

Robin is, without a doubt, the most incredible wedding coordinator. On multiple occasions I had guests give me a compliment about our reception and each time my response was, "That's because of Robin." She handled details of my wedding that I didn't even know needed to be handled and she allowed me and husband (and our parents) to completely enjoy our day.

We hired Robin as a partial planner and throughout my entire year of planning she answered every question, responded to every email (promptly!), provided amazing vendor suggestions, attended meetings with our events/catering manager at the reception site, and helped me feel completely at ease. I truly believe that our wedding would not have been nearly as perfect if Robin had not been there.

During the weeks leading up to our wedding, she communicated with all vendors, making sure everyone knew where to be and when to be there, and introduced herself to the bridal party and family members so that I wouldn't be asked a single question that day. She interacted with guests in a polite and hospitable way, problem-solved quickly, and made sure every little detail was exactly how I had envisioned it.

When my husband and I walked into the reception room for the first time, prior to guests arriving, we were in awe. Everything was perfectly in place and looked absolutely gorgeous. She understood exactly what we wanted and did an amazing job at executing. Our guests are still talking about our wedding two months later and can't believe how perfectly the whole day flowed.

Robin is kind, patient, and an expert in her industry; We didn't have a single vendor who would say otherwise. They all responded with, "Oh, I love Robin!" when I told them who our coordinator was. Thanks to Robin, we had the wedding of our dreams and I am unbelievably grateful. I wish I had more events coming up so that I could work with her again!

• Y

Yoonmi · Married on 02/19/2017

Congratulations! You are now done in your search for a planner. This is it! Robin was amazing helping plan for and of course, organize everything on the day of for our special day. Everything went smoothly; in fact, I was nervous because things were going so well. I've been at other weddings where something doesn't goes as planned and was waiting, but everything was seamless. Everyone was seated on time, people knew exactly where they were going, things flowed well, and everyone had a great time. We didn't have to manage timetables (as Robin plans everything out to the minute and knows who should be where at all times) and were free to just meet our guests and enjoy the experience. I guess the greatest testament to how organized Robin was, how seamlessly everything went was that I had the most fun that I've ever had at a wedding while doing absolutely nothing on the day of! Oh and by the way, we both had a little too much to drink, but the next day when we woke up, everything we needed was waiting for us in the suite (gifts, centerpieces, cake, etc.). Thanks Robin!

Alexandra · Married on 01/07/2017

HIRE Robin!!! Where do I even begin?! A year ago, I decided I was going to be in charge of planning my own wedding. Since my husband and I anticipated a wedding of 200 guests, we knew we would need a month-of/day-of wedding coordinator.

I found Robin on YELP and after my husband and I spoke to her on the phone, we knew right away that she thoroughly understood our needs and that she was the right wedding coordinator for us. She is a very professional and seasoned wedding planner and we felt a sense of ease, knowing that we would have her in charge.

Robin guided me throughout my planning process, providing me with a list of vendor referrals, answering questions I had when I negotiated quotes/contracts/hotel room blocks, and providing me with her own wedding checklist to keep me on track and on time. As I booked my vendors, I found out that a lot of them had worked with Robin in the past (or at least knew of her) and they all had positive things to say. She has a solid reputation throughout the Bay Area, and rightfully so.

Prior to the month of our wedding, Robin acted as the liaison between my husband and I and our wedding venue/vendors. She established our timeline for the day before and day-of the wedding and made sure all of our vendors received the latest copy for their reference. She also led our rehearsal, which we especially needed help with since none of us knew what we were doing!

On our big day, Robin kept everything on time (without it feeling rushed), she set up our guest book/card box/welcome sign/etc., dispersed our gratuities, kept all of our gifts and cards safe (even delivered them to our hotel suite) and she was the perfect go-to person for my guests and wedding party.

It was such a pleasure to work with Robin and I honestly don’t know how my wedding day would have gone without her guidance, coordination, and onsite help for all of the logistics. I have so much respect for what she does - I’d hands down refer her to anyone I know!

Vincent · Married on 11/20/2016

We are a happily married gay couple, thanks to Robin!

We met with Robin more than a year prior to our wedding date, we knew that we would love working with her. I felt most comfortable with her background in hotels, experience in events, and the rapport with her extensive list of vendors to fit our personal style and budget.

To say that Robin was there with us every step of the way would be an understatement. Even with Robin's busy schedule coordinating weddings to what seemed to have been every weekend, we always felt like we were her priority, as I'm sure her other couples felt the same way. She was able to offer her expertise and knowledge timely, and generously.

Close to a month away from the wedding, my husband-to-be had unexpected family troubles. Robin worked unfazed by our situation, acting immediately, professionally, and with heart.

If she hasn’t seen it all, she surely works like she has! Everything worked out seamlessly, and our wedding was more beautiful than I could have imagined. We couldn’t have done it without Robin! Xoxo, your Grooms!

Angela · Married on 11/19/2016

Planning a wedding is a lot more stressful than I had ever imagined. When choosing our wedding planner, my husband and I needed someone who understood our vision and how hands-off we would be. Our jobs made it difficult to get in the weeds of wedding planning and I needed someone with experience, thoughtful suggestions and a cool-head. Luckily, we were introduced to Robin Lewis, who is all of those things and so much more. The work that Robin does is incredible. Not only are her preferred vendors just as amazing as she is, but she goes the extra mile no matter how many weddings she has. I was blown away by her quality of work, her kindness and her generosity. Now that it has been a month since our wedding, I continue to look back and remind myself - I would have never had such a wonderful wedding without Robin. She made the planning process and wedding day easy. But its saying goodbye that's the hardest for us! If you want someone who will give you their honest opinion and deliver quality work, Robin is it. We were so lucky to have had her as a part of our special day. THANK YOU ROBIN!