Make It Happen!

2001 Fillmore Street, San Francisco, CA 94115 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Photos & Videos 59

About Make It Happen!

Make It Happen! is an experienced and unique wedding planner in the San Francisco, California area. With over thirty years of event planning experience, Robin Lewis, owner and founder of Make It Happen!, is passionate about making the dreams come true for the couple.

Experience
Robin Lewis’s thirty years of event planning experience includes:

• Wedding Sales Specialist at the Claremont Resort and Spa in Berkeley, CA
  • Assistant Director of Catering at the Hilton Palacio Del Rio in San Antonio, TX
  • Director of Catering Sales and Marketing for UCLA Catering, Los Angeles, CA
  • Wedding Sales Specialist at the Sir Francis Drake in San Francisco, CA, a Kimpton Hotel, where she was voted “Best of Weddings” by the Knot in 2010, 2011 and 2012
  • Wedding Specialist at the Westin St. Francis in San Francisco, CA, where she was voted "Best of Weddings" by the Knot for 2013

From the rehearsal dinner to the wedding ceremony and reception, Make It Happen! is ready to serve you. The planning services include:

• Budget analysis
Couple kissing
Couple kissing
The bridal attendants
The bridal attendants
shannon and mike at leonard lake reserve
Robin13
Robin10
Cupcakes
Robin7
Make It Happen!
thanh and her father bowing
Robin4
TiffanyChristmasTree
Make It Happen!
monica in black and white
Make It Happen!
vijay and ruth mozel tov
carolyn and tim laughing
shannon and mike b w
april and susan 1214
Make It Happen!
karen and thomas carriage at st
Robin9
ashley and rex profiles
ce27e10e4663c9ee 1483625010241 5

• Videos 14

108 Reviews for Make It Happen!

Make It Happen! 1
Make It Happen! 7
  • I

Itzel Gonzalez · Married on 06/15/2019

Life Savior!

Robin was a life savior! When we first met I really like Robin because she made me feel very comfortable. My wedding was a traditional wedding but with a lot of complications, but thank god for Robin because she dealt with everything and made sure everything was going great. Thanks to her, I had the pleasure of working with people that I really like and most importantly that their work quality is beyond amazing. I thought I could of done it by myself but I got very overwhelmed by all the planning and Robin stepped in just at the right time. As a wedding planner, Robin did all that was expected and even more. She always made herself available and was on top of everything and so detail oriented which I love!! If it wasn't for her, I don't think I would of had the wedding of my dreams. Her professionalism and ability to work with other people is very impressive, she truly knows what she's doing! Robin was not only my wedding planner but she became someone very special to me.

Sent on 09/26/2019
    Make It Happen! 8

Veena · Married on 05/26/2019

An Amazing Experience!

I had the pleasure of working with Robin Lewis for nearly a year while planning the wedding of our daughter which took place on May 26, 2019 in St Helena. I had interviewed a few local wedding planners but the moment I connected with Robin the search was over. From the get go, Robin made feel at ease. I felt I could rely on her to guide me through the stressful wedding planning process. She listened to me, respected my perspective but as and when needed, she did not hesitate to offer candid advice. Most of all she worked diligently with my daughter, who lives in Chicago, to execute the wedding plan and to translate her vision into reality. As expected, the wedding turned out to be an amazing success and we received countless compliments from family and friends who told us that it was one of the best weddings they had ever been to.

The wedding itself was much more involved than a typical wedding (almost an 8-hour long celebration) and required a herculean effort to orchestrate and stick to the timeline. This was because both a Hindu ceremony and a Christian ceremony were performed on the same day and involved a change of wedding attires, makeup and hair, and reconfiguration of the Mandap (Chuppah) to an Altar. This required Robin to make numerous iterations to the time line, make sure that the wedding party was on board, and to seamlessly transition from one ceremony to the next.

The ceremonies were outdoors-- the day before the wedding it became clear that it was going to rain, so we had to scramble to rent a tent. This. however, would throw off a very carefully planned wedding timeline that Robin had created for the vendors and the guests unless the pitching of the tent started between 6.30- 7 am. Robin, a consummate professional, rose to the occasion and drove 25 miles at the crack of dawn to get to the venue, well ahead of the arrival of the rental company. From then on until almost midnight, she worked tirelessly to make sure that everything went as planned and that every minute detail was taken care of.

As a wedding planner, Robin did all that was expected of her and then some. She was easy to contact, and responsive to our needs. She recommended vendors for us to interview, reviewed each vendor contract with a fine-tooth comb and made sure that even a tiny omission did not go unamended before we signed the contract. Robin conducted rehearsal, and coordinated vendor arrivals and deliveries with our venue. She ensured that ALL our personal items including wedding gifts, mementoes, the guest book, memorial pictures, champagne flutes, polaroid guest pictures, the wedding cake etc. were returned to us safely and that the venue was left clean. It was a blessing to be able to enjoy the wedding day without much stress at all.

Robin was not only a wedding planner to us but also like a member of the family. I could sense that she too wanted the wedding to be as perfect, magical and successful as the family had envisioned, and Robin used the tools from her vast and varied experiences to navigate the process and to actually ‘Make it Happen!’ If you are looking for an excellent wedding planner, I highly recommend that you reach out to Robin Lewis.

Sent on 07/19/2019

Make It Happen! FAQ

• What is the starting price for day-of wedding coordination? $ 1,500.00
  • What is the starting price for partial wedding planning? $ 5,000.00
  • What is the starting price for full wedding planning? $ 6,000.00
  • Do you offer an hourly rate? No
  • What wedding planning services do you offer? Budget Analysis, Day-of Coordination, Event Design, Full Planning, Partial Planning, Timelines, Vendor Referrals
  • What weddings do you have experience planning? Civil, Cultural, Military, Non-Religious, Religious
  • How many planners are on your team? 1

• Buzz Photo Booths
    Buzz Photo Booths Photo Booths

Not much to say other than she is the quintessential pro. Robin is very thorough and easy to work with. My only complaint is that I do not get the opportunity to work with her more often.

• Sonya Yruel Photography
    Sonya Yruel Photography Wedding Photographers

Robin truly will "Make it Happen," and works hard to make your wedding a beautiful success! She is very reliable, and so nice to work with!

• Two Dudes & A Booth
    Two Dudes & A Booth Photo Booths

Robin was an absolute joy to work with - incredibly nice, incredibly organized, and on top of everything. In advance of the wedding we worked together at, she had sent me clear instructions for loading in/out and I knew exactly when and where I needed to be. While I was setting up, before I even had time to realize I needed additional tables for my photo booth props, she had someone bringing them by. The whole day went like clockwork and it made for such a fun and relaxing event; she made everyone's day so much easier, from the bride to the vendors, what a pro!

• 2001 Fillmore Street San Francisco, CA, 94115 See on map