37 Reviews for Madison Beach Hotel

Signature Drink (2)
Specialty Beer (2)
Dance Floor (2)
Furniture (2)
All Inclusive Packages (1)
Event Rentals (1)
Liability Insurance (1)
Stations (1)
House Beer (1)
Premium Liquor (1)
Specialty Wine (1)
Shuttle (1)
37 Madison Beach Hotel Reviews

Wow! The MBH went above and beyond. We were just married on 6-30-18 and everything was perfect. Libby is so detail-oriented and calm! She really helped us look at all angles while we were planning and helped us through every step along the way. Her "A" team was phenomenal. The entire MBH staff treated was friendly, accommodating and efficient! We felt like royalty. We paid for a bridal suite and were offered a HUGE room with breakfast and lunch service to get ready in - it was beautiful. We couldn't be happier with how our day turned out and would highly recommend this venue to any couple looking for a picturesque, New England, beach wedding!

Profile Picture nicole, 6/29/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We got married at the Madison Beach Hotel on May 5 of this year - as an out of state bride, the staff here (Nicole and Libby especially) were extremely responsive, caring, and just wonderful people. The minute we entered the venue for the first time, everyone was smiling, welcoming and really just wanted to make sure we were comfortable and happy. As an inter-racial couple, we wanted to incorporate different types of foods and traditions that they normally hadn't dealt with, but everyone on staff made sure we were able to have the wedding of our dreams. The actual wedding day was probably the least stressful day of our lives because the team there had it so under control that we could just relax and have an amazing time! The view from the ballroom and ceremony site are to die for, the food was insanely good, and all our guests raved about how amazing the hotel was. We can't recommend the Madison Beach Hotel enough as a venue - mostly because of the people.

Profile Picture Priya, 5/5/18, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Accommodations, All Inclusive Packages, In-House Bar, Cake, In-House Catering, Clean Up, Bridal Suite, Set Up, Wireless Internet, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Liquor, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Signature Drink, Valet, Uncovered Outdoor

Our daughter got married there this past weekend and the venue was everything we expected and much more. The personalized service, attention to details was wonderful and our guests loved the venue and hotel. Libby and Nicole were great to work with and their staff were extremely attentive. We got so many compliments from the food to the high level of quality for the entire wedding experience.

Profile Picture Tom, 11/4/17, 1 Review
Category: Band, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake

My husband and I hosted our reception at the Madison Beach Hotel on September 29th, 2017 and we could not have been happier with Libby, Nicole, Meghan, and the entire MBH team. Our guests keep raving that our wedding was by far the best they have ever attended. The facility itself is breathtaking - newly renovated in 2013 right on the water - it is the perfect mix of beach wedding meets formal elegance. I started pestering Libby early with questions about everything from timelines to food restrictions to unique decor accommodations, and Libby patiently and expertly addressed all of my concerns. We hosted our cocktail hour in tides so that guests could view us taking photos from the open porch (which everyone loved) - and the raw bar was a huge hit! The food in general was extraordinary - gracious portions that were expertly prepared by chef. Not only did Nicole, the banquet manager, keep us on schedule, but we had our own server dedicated to keeping my husband and I fed, watered, and happy throughout the entire night. The staff went above and beyond to make sure that our wedding was perfect, and we couldn't give the hotel a higher recommendation. A note to anyone looking to book this venue - the rooms are a little pricey, but trust me, they are worth every penny. Our guests that spent the night at the hotel raved that the rooms were absolutely outstanding - so don't let your guests miss out!!

Profile Picture Alexandra, 9/29/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I planned my wedding in 6 months with Libby and she was fantastic! The hotel staff was very accommodating with my every need. Nicole, who was head of catering was by my side for the ceremony and she made me feel so special. The food was delicious. My guests called me or texted me the next day to tell me what a great place and time they had.

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 9/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Accommodations, In-House Bar, Cake, In-House Catering, Clean Up, Event Planning, Bridal Suite, Liability Insurance, Lighting/Sound, Outside Vendors, Set Up, Wireless Internet, Chairs, Dance Floor, Furniture, Tables, Scenic Views, Uncovered Outdoor, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Liquor, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer, Parking, Shuttle, Valet, Wheelchair Access

I can't say enough great things about Libby, her entire team, and the Madison Beach Hotel. I have never met anyone with more passion or a bigger heart than Libby and her team. We were constantly treated with such respect and kindness, and they made an experience that can be stressful, a breeze for us. The day of the reception was a dream come true. Nicole made sure that everything was set up for us, so that all we had to do was enjoy our day. The whole experience was worth every penny. If you're looking for the experience of a lifetime and the wedding of your dreams - stop looking. The Madison Beach Hotel is the one.

Profile Picture Sharon, 7/15/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We recently celebrated my daughter's wedding in June of 2017 at the Madison Beach Hotel. The Madison Beach Hotel is an absolutely beautiful venue. Our wedding day was perfect from start to finish. The staff at Madison Beach Hotel did not miss a beat. From the very first time we visited and through the entire planning process, they were awesome. I would highly recommend the Madison Beach Hotel.

Profile Picture Donna, 6/17/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I can't say enough great things about this venue. It's the perfect setting for a beach front wedding! Everything about The Madison Beach Hotel is immaculate from the venue itself to the staff, and the food was out of this world too! Nothing is missed here. The staff is exceptional and helped to accommodate all of our needs no matter how last minute they were. Libby is the best and she'll make sure your day is perfect! We now can't wait to go back to visit.

Profile Picture Patricia, 5/27/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I just got married at the Madison Beach Hotel on 12/3/16 and we could not be happier! Everything about this place is amazing- the staff, the rooms, the food, the views, just everything. They did a beautiful job with the wedding (thank you, Libby, Megan and Nicole!!!) down to every detail, and our guests were all very impressed with the hotel as well. I just cannot say enough good things about this place- we will definitely be coming back to stay in the future, and we highly recommend the Madison Beach Hotel to anyone getting married!!!! If you want an intimate wedding (we had roughly 140 guests, which I understand is a big wedding for MBH) with beautiful views, excellent food, and wedding coordinators who genuinely care and absolutely know what they are doing, you just cannot go wrong. Libby and Megan helped me every step of the way with the planning process, and I had absolutely no worries at all on the wedding day! Libby was there for me on the wedding day, checking in and making sure we had everything we needed, and after taking our first look photos out on the beach for an hour (it was very cold and windy, but we braved it for the beautiful sunset!), she brought me a blanket and a hot toddy to help me warm up before the ceremony. Nicole was also there for us, coordinating everything from the rehearsal the night before, to our ceremony and reception on the big day. Nicole is absolutely amazing; she made sure that everything we had planned actually happened, and when we needed reminding to go cut the cake, etc. she was there to remind us in a completely non-stressful way! If it were not for Libby and Nicole, I can't even imagine how everything would have turned out, and I realize that they did things behind the scenes that I'm probably still unaware of in order to make everything run as smoothly as it did. All in all, hands down, my wedding day was the best day of my life- thank you to everyone at the MBH for making our big day so unforgettable!

Profile Picture Shannon, 12/3/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

If you want to have a special wedding, Madison Beach Hotel is the place to do so! We just had our wedding there on October 15, 2016 and we did have our perfect wedding, we call it our "Best Day Ever" and we owe so much to the hotel and their amazing staff. It will be a day we will never forget. Working with Libby, Nicole and the rest of the staff was a joy, they made every little detail perfect, they made us feel so special, they made it personal for us and our guests said such wonderful things about them and the hotel. It was truly a blessing to have our wedding there. And now we cannot wait to celebrate our 1 year wedding anniversary there next October! Doreen and Nani.

Profile Picture Doreen, 10/15/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

BOOK IT!!!!!!!!! You will not be disappointed:)
The staff was wonderful ,especially Libby and Nicole, who are 2 of the nicest most accommodating ladies you will meet.
A mother can only hope that the choice for a venue will work...this beautiful spot far exceeded all my expectations!
All you have to do is ask and they will make it work.
It was PERFECT!

Profile Picture maeve, 10/1/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

From the moment I lifted my head off the pillow on 10/1/16 to the moment I laid it back down, I was in love with every aspect of my day. I was in love with the obvious, the man I married, but I was also in love with everything about Madison Beach Hotel. It has such an intimate wedding feel in an absolutely breathtaking and calming location. The food for me was one of the most important parts and also lucky for me the hotel prides themselves on their cuisine. It was not a wedding factory feel from the staff to the FOOD!!! It was amazing.
Now onto why it was so amazing, Libby and Nicole. Libby spent the past 5 months holding my hand, understanding when the difficult moments came up with a dash of humor and confidence and seemed to know just what I wanted when I walked through her door and made it very clear that I was going for a not so traditional "vibe". From when we started the day to the end of the evening, everything was taken care of and I had zero worries. Libby made sure she saw me off down the aisle with water in her hand right at the steps before I walked down and Nicole who spent the reception with us and seemed to know our every move and only retrospectively did we realize this :) She was calm, 10-steps ahead and genuinely cared. Our room at the end of the evening was beautifully set up for us but she even remembered our brownie sundaes we never had a chance to eat :) , she thought of everything.
I never once felt like I was just another bride to Libby and Nicole but also the entire staff of the hotel. You feel like you are staying at the Ritz, the service is impeccable.
Moral of the story: BOOK THIS VENUE!!!! If you love the beach and want a wedding that has no worry, good food, amazing staff,insanely beautiful rooms, and doesn't feel like a wedding factory, then this is your place.
We will be back for every anniversary. No regrets.

Profile Picture Colleen, 10/1/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

We got married in August 2016 and just celebrated our one year anniversary back at the lovely Madison Beach Hotel. If you are looking for sheer picturesque New England beauty, elegance and a notable experience, on by leaps and bounds what is the best beachfront Connecticut location, there is no doubt that this is what you are looking for! It is a boutique property with 33 rooms so your day is just that… YOUR SPECIAL DAY! Your event is the only one taking place on your reserved date so the attention to detail is immeasurable as your event is their number one and only priority. We were able to create our very own unique style to create a magical, colorful ceremony on the beachfront as well as a gorgeous reception to follow, to include white leather couches on the second floor balcony overlooking Long Island Sound which was a guest favorite! Our guests are still raving about how stellar their experience was. The photographer's pictures taken at sunset are truly remarkable and make for memories that truly last a lifetime. We had canvases made of some of these beautiful backdrops that look like something out of a magazine. The food selections… to include the passed hors d'oeuvres, the clam chowder/lobster bisque station (my favorite!), the meal selections, to the dessert table were all very impressive. We can't say enough about how happy we were to have chosen the Madison Beach Hotel. Pay it a visit and you will undoubtedly make the same wonderful decision we did!!

Profile Picture Valerie, 8/12/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had the most perfect wedding at the Madison Beach Hotel in July! Libby was absolutely amazing throughout the whole process. She was able and willing to help us plan and coordinate every little detail to make sure we had our dream wedding. Guests continue to rave about the food, the setting, the staff, and the location. We can't thank you enough for making this a day we'll never forget!

Profile Picture Gina, 7/16/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I got married at Madison Beach Hotel in July 2016. We had our ceremony and reception both at this venue. So far, it was the best day of our lives!! Libby and her staff were so professional and friendly, and catered to our every need that day. I felt that Libby really got to know us as a couple during the wedding planning process and therefore, the day was comfortable and seamless. The food was excellent and they set up the room exactly how we had imagined (especially with all our tupperware of decor). I can't praise the Madison Beach Hotel and their staff enough. It is worth it!

Profile Picture User7452304, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We absolutely loved every aspect of this venue. The pictures and scenery is absolutely breathtaking, the food was delicious. We had a espresso/cappacino guy come with an old school copper machine that not only looked cool but made the best cappacinoi be ever had that was coordinated by the hotel. The service was absolutely impeccable. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. You get a personal assistant that found us hiding out after the ceremony and served us drinks and food. The wedding coordinators were extremely helpful and guide you through the whole process. On top of all that the whole package was very reasonably priced. I would highly recommend this venue

Profile Picture christine, 5/19/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Parking, Valet, Wheelchair Access, Uncovered Outdoor, Chairs, Accommodations, Cake, Event Planning, Linens, Outside Cake

Libby and Marissa were great throughout the whole process of planning our wedding. Matt was spectacular the day of our wedding!! He made sure EVERYTHING ran smoothly and truly cared about making sure our day was as perfect as possible- which it was ; )

Profile Picture Amanda, 8/2/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Madison Beach Hotel was a beautiful venue for my daughter's wedding this past weekend. Not only is it a beautiful location overlooking Long Island Sound but the atmosphere is one of natural beauty. From the time that my daughter, her fiancé and I chose this beautiful venue, Libby the Wedding Planner helped relieve our anxieties and helped us each step of the way. The food tasting with Matt the Banquet Manager was wonderful and very tasty giving many options to choose from! Everything came together the day of the Wedding just as planned! The food, hors d'oeuvres were spectacular, the banquet hall was beautiful and the staff was professional and over the top! This is a venue that I would highly recommend to anyone who wants the perfect wedding venue! Thank you Libby and Matt for making my daughter's wedding what we all dreamed of!

Profile Picture Joanne, 7/25/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

All aspects of this venue are wonderful. Everything went as planned and service was efficient and attentive. A truly lovely, elegant evening in a beautiful area!

Profile Picture Gail, 7/11/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

When we first walked up to the Madison Beach Hotel, my husband and I knew this would be the venue we were going to exchange our vows. This upscale waterfront hotel literally took our breath away. Though the views overlooking the Long Island Sound are stunning, what makes this place special is the quality service the staff provides. Namely, Libby & Marissa in the catering office who always kept in touch and always responded promptly to my inquiries. They were consummate professionals and their wedding planning package made coordinating our Connecticut wedding from Florida so much easier. I also want to acknowledge the catering staff, lead by Matt. Everyone on his staff not only made me but, all my guests feel special. I've been married a few months now, and people are still talking about how my wedding was one of the nicest, if not the best they've ever been to, which is the best compliment to receive when you put so much of your heart into planning your event. You can't put a price on that!

Profile Picture Karla, 7/3/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Accommodations, Cake, Event Planning, Linens, Outside Cake, Valet, Wheelchair Access, Chairs

The wedding everyone is still talking about...
We originally wanted to have a destination wedding in Sanibel Island Florida but we couldn’t ask everyone that was important to us to spend that much money on a wedding so we needed to fulfill that vision here in Connecticut. The first venue we visited was Madison Beach Hotel. We visited others simply out of obligation. We fell in love with the hotel and Libby. Madison Beach Hotel accommodated our Caribbean influenced menu and far exceeded any expectations of executing it. The whole day was absolutely flawless. Working with Libby and Matt put our mind at rest that no detail would be over looked. It's almost a year later and everyone is still talking about how perfect the wedding was, how gorgeous the venue was, and how incredible the food was. As the last of our families to get married everyone made the comment of they wish this was how they planned their wedding day. We would like to personally thank everyone at the Madison Beach Hotel that made our special day undeniably perfect.

Profile Picture Kathlene, 6/21/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Outside Cake, Accommodations, Cake, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Linens, Parking, Valet, Chairs

Thank you to the Madison Beach Hotel for providing excellent service for our wedding. We've received rave reviews from our guests about the location (we were married on the lawn), the food which we've been told was both delicious and plentiful, and the rooms from those guests who stayed the night. We knew it was the right spot for us when we first saw the coastline and learned they could accommodate us indoors if the weather didn't suit. Thankfully we didn't have to use Plan B. Libby and her team have years of experience and it shows. They were really flexible - letting us change the floor plan two days before the event - and were incredibly helpful with our menu and event coordination on the day-of.

Profile Picture Sandra, 6/6/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Simply amazing! The venue is absolutely beautiful. However, the best part of the entire experience was working with such an exceptionally professional group. Libby, Matt, Marissa and the entire banquet team were so accommodating from start to finish. There are SO many wonderful details that I could really go on and on...but just have to say that they helped us create/host the most lovely wedding of our dreams! We continue to receive comments from our guests about the venue, staff, food, etc. It was seamless and gorgeous. Thank you to the entire Madison Beach Hotel team!!

Profile Picture Valerie, 4/26/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

A remarkably beautiful wedding for my daughter and her husband! The hotel and the beach location are beautiful, and the experience, competence, great taste and focus on perfection in every detail by Libby, the special events director was great. She is easy to work with, made invaluable suggestions and has a wonderful way of dealing with any “difficult” situations that come up! Her staff was helpful and patient and answered every question - big or small. When we got to the hotel on Saturday of the wedding, I was so happy knowing every detail was addressed as my daughter was enjoying her beautiful bridal suite with a huge smile on her face! The groom and his groomsmen were perfectly situated in the Spinnaker Lounge which was wonderful to have during the reception as well for guests to use. The day truly began when we had a touching "First Look" in the lobby and charming photos out on the grassy strip in front of the beach. As we enjoyed the pretty spot, I noticed everyone bustling around under Mat, the banquet manager's direction getting everything ready for the ceremony. Once our beautiful and touching ceremony was over, we were greeted by the first of the servers with a toast to our newlyweds. The cocktail hour was charming, abundant and delicious with it’s lovely views of the water! We were completely tickled when we were out by the rocks for sunset pictures, when down comes a server with a plate of food for us! The ballroom looked amazingly gorgeous, and the great service continued. And then there was Mat again…ever present, head on a swivel, hard working, unflappable in directing the concert of the wedding - all that with a smile on his face in every instance! The food was delicious, and the flow of the wedding was perfect. Arielle and Jesse’s wedding was elegant and truly was everything and more than we all dreamed possible. I would recommend Libby Rutty and the Madison Beach Hotel very much!

Profile Picture User4561714, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews