Madison Beach Hotel Reviews

Madison Beach Hotel 6
Madison Beach Hotel 7
  • Denise

Denise Riehl · Getting married on 05/05/2020

Madison Beach Hotel Wedding - Why?

Our daughter married last Sat afternoon @ Madison Beach Hotel. For all of those recently engaged and all those parents about to embark on this journey, I very much want to share, and highlight how truly magnificent it was! Libby Rutty (Dir of Catering) is creative, professional, resourceful and a kind person. Nicole Leckey (Banquet Manager) is truly an extension of Libby. What you don't realize is that you are getting practically a wedding planner the day of the wedding. Libby and Nicole were there to line us up & walk everybody thru the procession. Our daughter had a small wedding party so we really didn't feel we needed to rent Sea Belle Lounge. ...3 weeks before the wedding, our daughter contacted Libby (she realized it was going to be too cramped with the photographer in the room, and the girls, and the lunch, etc. and wanted to know if she could pay for it herself. Libby reached out to us and YES it really did make a HUGE difference (i.e. we rented Sea Belle). I think when you are hit with all of this in "the beginning" it doesn't make sense. Also, MBH is very organized in doing weddings. There is communication and no surprises. I am an interior designer and wanted to do a lot myself. I always asked permission as to what was allowed or not allowed, about vendor cleanup time period, because these are fees that parents may not know about til later. I had chair sashes for the reception, and I have to admit, I loved Libby saying at one meeting, "who is going to be tying on the sashes?, not MOB". That is the kind of personal care that really defined our entire weekend. She was right, I didn't have the hotel staff do it, but had some friends jump in and help.
    The food was truly original!!! Madison Beach Hotel is truly lucky to have such a passionate chef. We chose different entrees than most wedding venues and the compliments after dinner were over the moon!! Thank you so very much. The Groom said he had been to many weddings and that when it came to the entrees, none came to mind as being...wow, that was awesome. We thought he was right because it really is a substantial portion of the budget. Again, Madison Beach Hotel performed!!!! We received so so many compliments from young and old how they truly enjoyed the dinner. My daughter chose a hot soup to start, however I was not excited about serving a hot soup to over 100 people because I have not experienced it going well but Madison Beach Hotel nailed it. I told Allison's godfather the story as I picked up my spoon & you could see steam, and we both smiled. These are the things you should really think about when hiring a venue for your daughter's most important day.
    The florist I used was also VERY surprised at how friendly the staff was to her when she came to break things down at 11PM. We were also having a brunch the next morning and using some of the decor for the next morning.
    Lastly, the lodging. My sister is a Hlton Honors Gold Member and said that the valets "ran" to get their car and how it really blew her away from any other Hilton property she has stayed.
    Other guests told us it was the perfect venue for size, and loved that we did't have to get in cars going all over the weekend. People commented on quality of service, in bar, restaurant, room, just everything.
    We were truly surprised by the number of compliments by guests that continued all weekend! And over joyed to have our daughter married at Madison Beach Hotel. Thank you everyone! This is an incredible team that really cares!

Sent on 05/17/2019
    Madison Beach Hotel 8
    Madison Beach Hotel 9
    Madison Beach Hotel 10
    Madison Beach Hotel 11

Kate · Married on 06/21/2019

Perfect Day

They had every. single. detail covered for our special day. I truly didn’t worry about a single thing on my wedding day. The food was amazing, and everyone had a good time!

Sent on 07/19/2019

D Pratt · Married on 06/19/2019

Great place to be married!

They helped us arrange our wedding and could not have been friendlier or more supportive

Sent on 07/22/2019
  • Stephanie

Stephanie Medling · Married on 06/14/2019

Perfection

I have not stopped hearing from my guests what an incredible time they had! The weather was perfect, the food was perfect, and the venue is beyond beautiful. The staff went out of their way to make me feel like absolute royalty. My husband and I will never forget what an incredible time we had! Highly recommend !

Sent on 07/22/2019
    Madison Beach Hotel 12
    Madison Beach Hotel 13
    Madison Beach Hotel 14
    Madison Beach Hotel 15
    Madison Beach Hotel 16
    Madison Beach Hotel 17

Emily Myers · Married on 04/06/2019

Awesome Venue, Wonderful Staff and Perfect Wedding!

Words cannot express how truly thankful I am at the level of detail and care that the Madison Beach Hotel provided. It was truly a great experience from the moment we took our first tour through the end of our Wedding Night. Libby, Megan, Nicole and the rest of the MBH Crew made the wedding reception perfect! We booked the venue 16 months in advance. Throughout the planning time we were provided timely feedback and our questions were answered to the fullest. The week of the wedding we met with Nicole to go through everything and they were able to point out where things were missing or might not make sense. Throughout the whole wedding day Nicole was there to make sure our day went perfectly, and I could not have asked for better service, food, venue or a better day. I would HIGHLY recommend this venue to anyone looking for a personalized wedding at great wedding venue. Thank you again for making our wedding day an absolute dream come true!

Sent on 08/20/2019

Madison Beach Hotel's reply:

Emily, we are so glad that your experience with the Madison Beach family was so special. Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with us and with others.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our beach to celebrate many special milestones to come!

Sincerely,
    The Madison Beach Hotel
  • Kristen

Kristen T · Married on 01/26/2019

Madison Beach Hotel Winter Wedding

I’ve always wanted a beach wedding. Libby, Nicole, and the Madison Beach Hotel made my dreams come true in January nonetheless!! On Friday night, my wedding eve, we checked in as did many family members and friends. Alex and Annie and everyone at the front desk and valet were beyond friendly, helpful, and kind. All rooms have gorgeous water views. My mom, sister, and I stayed in the luxurious bridal suite (two spacious adjoining rooms, both from which you can walk onto a gorgeous wrap around balcony and onto the beach) – we felt like queens! This is where we all got ready the next morning. Our make-up artist met us here and friends and family were able to visit, making this girl time so special. During this period, Lisa delivered a delicious lunch spread and beverages, so good! Now onto my incredibly amazing right-hand girl, Nicole, our banquet manager. Mind you this was January, but when it came time for our first look, Nicole highly recommended my groom and I get outside for pictures. She was not only with us every step of the way, but she was literally tossing my cathedral veil in the air, jumping out of the picture so that we could get the “perfect shot.” Our ceremony was upstairs in the Faulkner Ballroom overlooking the water -such a beautiful, intimate setting. Guests were not able to see the reception tables as there was a wall up during this time. This for me was important. After the ceremony, we walked right into Tides for cocktail hour. Guests were still able to overlook the water as they snacked on delectable and plentiful passed hors d’oeuvres and stations and helped themselves to two open bars. Again, God Bless Nicole…I told her I wanted a sunset shot, but I did not want to miss our cocktail hour. With the sun quickly setting, she helped me throw my Hunter boots on under my dress and we quickly marched out to the rocks on the water and had our photographer snap away. (Thanks Nicole!) After cocktail hour, guests made their way into the ballroom which looked prettier than I could have even imagined from the table settings to the flowers to the setting sun. The food was phenomenal thanks to the wonderful Chef Mo. The rest of the night was a dream, everything was so well executed and I had not a worry in the world except that I didn’t want the night to end (who would with Nicole by your side and Libby behind the scenes paying attention to every single detail?!!) It was the happiest day of my life and we can’t thank Libby, Nicole and the MBH team again! XO

Sent on 02/17/2019

Steve · Married on 10/30/2018

Amazing we couldn’t have asked for more

Libby, Nicole and the team were amazing.

Sent on 10/30/2018

Shannon · Married on 10/06/2018

Outstanding!

We had an amazing wedding at the Madison Beach Hotel! From the planning to the reception, Libby, Nicole and Megan were so helpful and fun to work with. The venue has amazing views, beautiful accommodations and delicious menu. We couldn’t have been happier celebrating our marriage at the Madison Beach Hotel. They mead us, our family and guests few so special. Happy to have them part of our memories.

Sent on 10/30/2018

Amanda · Married on 09/14/2018

I don't know what our wedding would have been without Libby and Nicole. From the moment we stepped into MBH it was perfect. The venue was gorgeous and almost more important, we felt comfortable with Libby from the beginning. She was calm (which is exactly what you need in a wedding planner) and willing to work with us. We met with one other wedding planner before her who was a bit frantic and that turned me off. The process leading up to the wedding was perfect. They were flexible and reminded us when we needed to have things in. Every question was answered in a timely fashion (even on weekends!). We had a few special issues like a good number of people not drinking alcohol and they came up with creative solutions to make that easier. The days before and of the wedding were even better. The entire staff at MBH was accommodating and helpful. I threw my back out at the gym the day of and the woman at the front desk got her husband to bring tennis balls in for me!! Nicole must have had every item on my agenda memorized because she kept on top of everything. She did it all from giving my rabbi the gift I forgot to give him to bringing my bouquet down to me right before I walked down the aisle when I forgot it upstairs. During the ceremony and reception things just went so smoothly. Literally everyone mentioned how PERFECT it was. There was no disorganization, no awkward pauses. She reminded us to eat before we had to cut the cake which was a godsend. She was everywhere! Everyone also told us how amazing the food was. I know there's more but I can't fit it all here. I would encourage any friend or family member to have their wedding at MBH. It was the best decision I made about the wedding besides marrying my husband ;)

Sent on 10/11/2018
    Madison Beach Hotel 18

Shauna · Married on 09/07/2018

Wow! Madison Beach Hotel went ABOVE AND BEYOND for our recent wedding! Beautiful oceanside venue with an amazing team! I can't say enough great things about Libby, Nicole, Megan and everyone else at Madison Beach Hotel! Our wedding day there was a dream come true and the amazing team at Madison Beach Hotel made wedding planning a breeze. Libby and her team are extremely responsive, and were so accommodating! They are true wedding professionals! The food was AMAZING, and the views of the water were breathtaking. We can not thank Madison Beach Hotel enough for everything they did to make our day absolutely perfect . We can't wait to go back and visit!

Sent on 09/27/2018
  • Jenn

Jenn Bernstein · Married on 09/01/2018

Incredible Venue, Incredible Team

When you walk into Madison Beach Hotel- you know the setting is idyllic. Gorgeous boutique hotel, with nice looking restaurant and a porch with a million dollar view, made even better by the beautiful rocks you can go and climb on yourself (hello- wedding photos!) but for an incredible day to come together with ease and class- it takes a team of people- where everyone is passionate, and their leader is organized, personable, and professional. After having my wedding in September, I can confirm the MBH team is INCREDIBLE, and it is led by the one-of-a-kind Libby Rutty. Aside from the gorgeous setting, we were worried about the dreaded- "wedding factory" feel that often comes with places that throw at least a decent amount of weddings every season. I can honestly say- I don't know how Libby does it. She made me feel like I was the only bride in the world, not just that day but that season!. From the time you are picking your date, to the time you lay your head on your pillow that night, Libby and her team are attentive, knowledgeable, flexible, and genuinely excited to execute the day. No problem was too big, no question was annoying. I cannot say enough good things about Libby, and the team, including Nicole who was also so on-point, genuine, organized, and attentive that weekend. Not to mention the food- our guests are still talking about appetizers and their dinners. You know how bride and grooms say they don't get to eat because they too busy? We sat down and ATE- loved the menu and my wedding dinner. My husband and I have incredible memories from that day- no stress- just two people surrounded by their friends and family, in a special spot, with some really professional and caring people making sure it all goes down as planned. And yes- we took pictures on the rocks :) Can't go wrong at MBH- rain or shine. Thank you Libby, Nicole, and the entire MBH team.

Sent on 10/23/2018

Tara · Married on 08/12/2018

I can’t say enough positive things about my experience with the Madison beach hotel! Nicole, Megan and Libby were all so amazing and helped me plan the perfect day! The food was absolutely INCREDIBLE and the views were breathtaking. You truly can’t go wrong with this venue! Thank you Madison Beach Hotel and thank you Nicole, Megan and Libby!

Sent on 09/06/2018

nicole · Married on 06/29/2018

Wow! The MBH went above and beyond. We were just married on 6-30-18 and everything was perfect. Libby is so detail-oriented and calm! She really helped us look at all angles while we were planning and helped us through every step along the way. Her "A" team was phenomenal. The entire MBH staff treated was friendly, accommodating and efficient! We felt like royalty. We paid for a bridal suite and were offered a HUGE room with breakfast and lunch service to get ready in - it was beautiful. We couldn't be happier with how our day turned out and would highly recommend this venue to any couple looking for a picturesque, New England, beach wedding!

Sent on 07/04/2018

Marcela Micheloni · Married on 05/18/2018

Really Great!

Libby is the reason I chose the Madison. Her and Nicole are just the best people to work with.

Sent on 07/24/2019

Priya · Married on 05/05/2018

We got married at the Madison Beach Hotel on May 5 of this year - as an out of state bride, the staff here (Nicole and Libby especially) were extremely responsive, caring, and just wonderful people. The minute we entered the venue for the first time, everyone was smiling, welcoming and really just wanted to make sure we were comfortable and happy. As an inter-racial couple, we wanted to incorporate different types of foods and traditions that they normally hadn't dealt with, but everyone on staff made sure we were able to have the wedding of our dreams. The actual wedding day was probably the least stressful day of our lives because the team there had it so under control that we could just relax and have an amazing time! The view from the ballroom and ceremony site are to die for, the food was insanely good, and all our guests raved about how amazing the hotel was. We can't recommend the Madison Beach Hotel enough as a venue - mostly because of the people.

Sent on 06/11/2018
  • Kailee

Kailee · Married on 04/28/2018

Absolutely Stunning!

My husband and I got married in April 2018. While we got married off-site at a church a mile down the road, we had our reception at the Madison Beach Hotel. I can honestly say that our wedding was beautiful, seamless and nothing short of incredible. From the minute we first toured the venue with Libby, we knew it was for us. Libby and her staff were incredible throughout the planning process answering any and all questions we had, as well as offering advise stemming from years of invaluable experience! All of our guests continue to gush about how incredible the wedding was, from the food and drinks, to the stunning views, and the professionalism of the staff. It's very clear that Madison Beach Hotel takes pride in their hotel and their event planning. We worried about absolutely nothing and just go to enjoy our day, which exceeded our wildest wedding day dreams! We'd like to say a big thank you again to Libby, Nicole, Ines, and all the other people who truly made our day incredible.

Sent on 03/03/2019
    Madison Beach Hotel 19

Madison Beach Hotel's reply:

Kailee,
    Thank you for your kind words. It is the greatest compliment to hear we have exceeded our couples expectations. You and Ryan were so wonderful to work with, you made our job easy.
    Please be sure to come back and visit, you've always got friends here at the beach,
    Fondly, Libby, Nicole and staff.

Tom · Married on 11/04/2017

Our daughter got married there this past weekend and the venue was everything we expected and much more. The personalized service, attention to details was wonderful and our guests loved the venue and hotel. Libby and Nicole were great to work with and their staff were extremely attentive. We got so many compliments from the food to the high level of quality for the entire wedding experience.

Sent on 11/07/2017

Alexandra · Married on 09/29/2017

My husband and I hosted our reception at the Madison Beach Hotel on September 29th, 2017 and we could not have been happier with Libby, Nicole, Meghan, and the entire MBH team. Our guests keep raving that our wedding was by far the best they have ever attended. The facility itself is breathtaking - newly renovated in 2013 right on the water - it is the perfect mix of beach wedding meets formal elegance. I started pestering Libby early with questions about everything from timelines to food restrictions to unique decor accommodations, and Libby patiently and expertly addressed all of my concerns. We hosted our cocktail hour in tides so that guests could view us taking photos from the open porch (which everyone loved) - and the raw bar was a huge hit! The food in general was extraordinary - gracious portions that were expertly prepared by chef. Not only did Nicole, the banquet manager, keep us on schedule, but we had our own server dedicated to keeping my husband and I fed, watered, and happy throughout the entire night. The staff went above and beyond to make sure that our wedding was perfect, and we couldn't give the hotel a higher recommendation. A note to anyone looking to book this venue - the rooms are a little pricey, but trust me, they are worth every penny. Our guests that spent the night at the hotel raved that the rooms were absolutely outstanding - so don't let your guests miss out!!

Sent on 10/17/2017

Elizabeth · Married on 09/22/2017

I planned my wedding in 6 months with Libby and she was fantastic! The hotel staff was very accommodating with my every need. Nicole, who was head of catering was by my side for the ceremony and she made me feel so special. The food was delicious. My guests called me or texted me the next day to tell me what a great place and time they had.

Sent on 10/03/2017

Susie · Married on 09/08/2017

One of the most idyllic spots in Connecticut to have an outdoor wedding. The backdrop of the water, the rocks, and sunset make for gorgeous photos. The food was masterfully presented and deliciously prepared. The service was outstanding and the personnel were as helpful and courteous as could be. The catering director, Libby Rutty, saw to it that every detail was perfect and exactly what my son and daughter in law had dreamed of. The rooms were beautifully decorated and very spacious with lovely views and a fireplace. This is a 10 star venue!!

Sent on 09/22/2017

Sharon · Married on 07/15/2017

I can't say enough great things about Libby, her entire team, and the Madison Beach Hotel. I have never met anyone with more passion or a bigger heart than Libby and her team. We were constantly treated with such respect and kindness, and they made an experience that can be stressful, a breeze for us. The day of the reception was a dream come true. Nicole made sure that everything was set up for us, so that all we had to do was enjoy our day. The whole experience was worth every penny. If you're looking for the experience of a lifetime and the wedding of your dreams - stop looking. The Madison Beach Hotel is the one.

Sent on 09/29/2017

Donna · Married on 06/17/2017

We recently celebrated my daughter's wedding in June of 2017 at the Madison Beach Hotel. The Madison Beach Hotel is an absolutely beautiful venue. Our wedding day was perfect from start to finish. The staff at Madison Beach Hotel did not miss a beat. From the very first time we visited and through the entire planning process, they were awesome. I would highly recommend the Madison Beach Hotel.

Sent on 07/21/2017

Patricia · Married on 05/27/2017

I can't say enough great things about this venue. It's the perfect setting for a beach front wedding! Everything about The Madison Beach Hotel is immaculate from the venue itself to the staff, and the food was out of this world too! Nothing is missed here. The staff is exceptional and helped to accommodate all of our needs no matter how last minute they were. Libby is the best and she'll make sure your day is perfect! We now can't wait to go back to visit.

Sent on 06/16/2017

Shannon · Married on 12/03/2016

My husband and I just got married at the Madison Beach Hotel on 12/3/16 and we could not be happier! Everything about this place is amazing- the staff, the rooms, the food, the views, just everything. They did a beautiful job with the wedding (thank you, Libby, Megan and Nicole!!!) down to every detail, and our guests were all very impressed with the hotel as well. I just cannot say enough good things about this place- we will definitely be coming back to stay in the future, and we highly recommend the Madison Beach Hotel to anyone getting married!!!! If you want an intimate wedding (we had roughly 140 guests, which I understand is a big wedding for MBH) with beautiful views, excellent food, and wedding coordinators who genuinely care and absolutely know what they are doing, you just cannot go wrong. Libby and Megan helped me every step of the way with the planning process, and I had absolutely no worries at all on the wedding day! Libby was there for me on the wedding day, checking in and making sure we had everything we needed, and after taking our first look photos out on the beach for an hour (it was very cold and windy, but we braved it for the beautiful sunset!), she brought me a blanket and a hot toddy to help me warm up before the ceremony. Nicole was also there for us, coordinating everything from the rehearsal the night before, to our ceremony and reception on the big day. Nicole is absolutely amazing; she made sure that everything we had planned actually happened, and when we needed reminding to go cut the cake, etc. she was there to remind us in a completely non-stressful way! If it were not for Libby and Nicole, I can't even imagine how everything would have turned out, and I realize that they did things behind the scenes that I'm probably still unaware of in order to make everything run as smoothly as it did. All in all, hands down, my wedding day was the best day of my life- thank you to everyone at the MBH for making our big day so unforgettable!

Sent on 12/09/2016