Love Maui Weddings Reviews

Love Maui Weddings 5
Love Maui Weddings 6
Love Maui Weddings 7

Joanne · Married on 09/22/2012

Vickie and Rick Jackson of Dolphin Dream Weddings, promises a dream wedding and that is what we received, a beautiful perfect dream wedding. Their website lists the wedding packages along with the prices and what is included. You are able to customize to what you want. I liked the convenience of seeing each package and price and being able to talk directly over the phone and mostly via email with Vickie and Rick. They get back to you within 24 to 48 hours. They are so nice and they answer all your questions and give you suggestions. The vendors that they are associated with on their website are just as wonderful. Kay the travel agent was able to get us a great deal on our travel itinerary from our plane tickets, the resort & car rental. Cassandra did a wonderful job on my make-up & hair. Elly's Bridal did an excellent job on my gown and the tux was perfect for my fiance. The limo was great and so was the musician. The minister did a lovely job with the ceremony. The ceremony was so beautiful at sunset on Kapalua Bay Beach. Ceaser the photographer did a beautiful job with the wedding pictures and the videographer did an outstanding job with the video and we were able to pick two of our own songs. The prices from all are very reasonable for a wedding & honeymoon for two. If you want a getaway wedding for you and your fiance, this would be perfect, after all its about the two of you.

We received so many compliments from our family and friends, on my gown, make-up, hair, his tux and how beautiful the Kapapula Bay beach was at sunset and how beautiful the wedding photo's were and the video.

Joanne and Bill Foley
    Married: September 22, 2012
    on Kapalua Bay Beach, HI
    From: Collingdale, PA

Sent on 11/24/2012

jen · Married on 05/19/2012

I recently had my wedding in Maui on May 19. My fiance and I had heard about Vickie through one of the hotels we were looking into. She had a few reviews and all were positive. We took the plunge not knowing what to expect, as we were coming from Canada without ever being to Maui. Vickie and her husband were fantastic throughout the whole process.

1) Communication - Vickie was always prompted with her email responses and was lovely to talk to on the phone. I should mention that my fiance is a numbers freak and always trying to get a good price for everything we do. He constantly emailed Vickie and would find his own vendors - which likely made her life hell during that time! lol. That said, she never pushed back but would give an honest opinion on the matter and would allow us the flexibility to adjust our vendors as he wanted. I think Vickie's communication skills are absolutely some of the best I've seen and definitely made things easier during this time.

2) Organization - Vickie again was right on track and kept us on track during the planning stages. She would touch base with us and let us know what needed to be done.

3) Day of - From the moment we had an on-site assessment completed a few days before the wedding until after the wedding - Vickie took care of everything! What we had requested was carried out without reminders. As a type A bride, I was trying to pick up stuff near the end of the night and her assistant would not allow it! She would ask me what needed to be done and she'd take care of it. As it was a DIY type wedding, not one thing was left behind as Vickie and her staff ensured everything was just right. I can't begin to express how helpful Vickie was and how professional everything turned out.

Our wedding day was perfect and our family and friends can't believe how well a destination wedding turned out. I credit the majority of this to Vickie and Dolphin Dream Weddings, as well as my now husband, for creating a wonderful day. I highly recommend Vickie and Dolphin Dream Weddings.

Sent on 06/04/2012

Tricia · Married on 04/23/2012

I live in Arkansas and was engaged last February, we wanted a tropical wedding so Maui sounded perfect! I started looking on the Internet for wedding planners in that area, for some reason I was drawn to Dolphin Dream Weddings so I called the number listed and spoke with Vickie, she was driving to a location and I remember her saying she had to pull over on the side of the road so she could give me some info about their services. We continued to talk and she was extremely personable, found that her kids had gone to college in my home state!! I was a bit nervous about planning this so far away but I can assure you that Vickie eased my mind 100%. She continued to stay in touch with me via emails and when the big day (night) came IT WAS AMAZING!! Everything was perfect, the weather, the pastor, the photographer, the coordinator, everything!!! Through all of our talking and the planning we feel as if we not only had the perfect wedding but we gained a friendship as well!!
    My husband and I returned to Maui for our 1 year anniversary and we contacted Vickie again just to get more ideas on places to go and things to see, everything she recommended was great!! I give this company a 100% A+!!!

Sent on 05/02/2013

My husband and I got married on Keawakapu Beach in Maui on October 10, 2010 at sunset. We started planning our wedding with Vickie more than a year in advance. She was amazing to work with! She always responded to my many questions promptly and I felt totally comfortable planning my wedding with her from many miles away (we live in Northern Canada)! Our wedding was more than we could have ever asked for thanks to her! I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for a wedding planner. Mahalo Vickie – I am still to this day (2 years later) so happy we chose you as our wedding planner and that I have the privilege to call you a friend. Good luck with all of your future weddings, I know there will be many of them! xo

Sent on 01/11/2013

Kim · Married on 09/26/2009

Love loved loved the treatment we received and would highly recommend Dolphin Dream Weddings. Such a first class service and truly made me feel like a princess. Heather did an amazing job on my hair. I have never been so well treated as I was by everyone who helped make this day a special one and a day I will never forget. I would very highly recommend DOLPHIN DREAM WEDDINGS to make your Wedding Day one to remember.

Sent on 02/01/2013

Heather · Married on 05/09/2009

Dolphin Dream Wedding was the best things I accidentally came accross. They did all the work since I am in Washington and they are in Maui. If I had any questions, they were quick to email me a response and were so nice and polite and professional. They helped make our wedding everything we wanted and more. We enjoyed every part of working with them. You would be lucky to have them help coordinate your wedding. They have tons of connections and know all that there is to know about wedding in Maui and in all of Hawaii.

Sent on 06/01/2009

Dawn · Married on 06/25/2008

Dolphin Dream Weddings goes above and beyond to make sure that your ceremony is exactly what you've envisioned. The staff of Dolphin Dream Weddings was very responsive to the hopes that I had for our ceremony. Vickie was able to help me find the perfect spot and the perfect time for our ceremony. I would highly recommend Dolohin Dream Weddings to any couple getting married in Hawaii!

Sent on 11/20/2016

Dolphin Dream weddings was so amazing to work with on every detail. They listened and gave a variety of options to choose from. They were professional, friendly and a delight to work with and gave us a quick response to questions and details. Thank you Vickie and Rick for making our daughter's dream wedding come true. Our daughter said she wouldn't change a thing. It was perfect. I highly recommend Dolphin Dream Weddings.

Sent on 01/01/2013

Nelson & Naomi Morgan · Married on 07/03/1989

30th Wedding Anniversary and Vow Renewal

I hired Vickie Jackson at Love Maui Weddings to help arrange the surprise renewal of our wedding vows between my wife and I on our 30th anniversary. She and her team were flawless. From the harpist, to the minister, to the on-site assistant and release of two doves, the event was flawless. Seeing the tears of joy streaming down my wife's face said it all and made the day a forever memory.

I recommend Vickie and Love Maui Weddings for any wedding ceremony. She will attend to each detail and will not disappoint!!

Nelson

Sent on 04/14/2019

Jim · Married on 11/08/2016

We are very pleased with this service and my wife and I thank you very much . Minister Ernie was great and Valerie was extremely helpful and sincere and we are thankfull that she took our pictures. However, I would not refer to her as "the photographer." She obviously has no expertise in the area of photography.

Sent on 11/27/2016

Vickie helped us plan our Renewal Ceremony on Maui this past March. We contacted her last fall to help make arrangements for a beach ceremony. She always emailed or called us quickly with answers to our questions. She listened to what we wanted for a ceremony and found the perfect beach and vendors for us. Ernest was absolutely amazing as the officiate and we all loved the ceremony. Bruce the photographer took amazing pictures of the whole family and I hate having my picture taken. It was an awesome evening. Mahalo

Sent on 04/12/2016
  • Dana

Dana · Married on 03/10/2015

We booked the "So This is Love" wedding package for our wedding in March, 2015, at Napili Bay in Maui. We were very happy with the way everything turned out.

Vickie was great and takes a very personable approach to dealing with her clients. She's so friendly and makes you feel at ease right away. She answered my millions of emails without making me ever feel like I was a hassle. She never came across as negative or "money-hungry" as another reviewer stated.

The flowers were BEAUTIFUL (I had a cascading bouqet). I was so impressed with these.

The hair/makeup artist was fantastic (sadly, can't remember her name) and despite me not entirely knowing how to describe what I wanted, she made me look like a runway model. Hair was perfect, makeup was perfect (and I can be a critical person when it comes to that stuff).

Our minister (his name was Ernest) was so relaxed and laid back, and was very accommodating of the few changes we made to the ceremony script. He was a really "cool dude" and made me feel comfortable and not at all nervous during the ceremony.

Our photographer (Ceasar) was very efficient and did his best to get everyone wrangled for photos, and seemed to know all the right angles and lighting to get the best shots. I felt that he did rush us a bit and didn't really take the time to be as personable as I would have liked, or to ask us what kind of shots we would prefer, but then again we did have a limited amount of time. 30 prints were included with our package but we opted to upgrade for $400 (!!) to 30 digital copies. Felt it was a bit pricey, but I guess that's standard for photography.

Our wedding coordinator (can't remember her name) was very good and dealt with my take-charge mother in stride. Everyone was in the right place at the right time and there were no issues.

I would definitely recommend Dolphin Dream Weddings/Love Maui Weddings to anyone getting married in Maui!!

Sent on 07/28/2015

Amanda · Married on 10/11/2014

So glad I booked my wedding with Vickie she never let me down and always followed through! She is very sweet and very professional.

Sent on 12/23/2015

Marilyn · Married on 05/23/2014

Have an idea of how many photos you want before the day. We had a wedding renewal, did need so many photos... however, they we beautiful.

Sent on 12/02/2016

Karen · Married on 11/26/2013

Vicki was terrific to deal with, very fast with her email or phone call responses. She is very kind, informative and gracious. Our wedding was perfect! Sooo easy to plan and my flowers were exactly what I wanted. The minister she suggested for us was amazing and said just the right things...our coordinator on site was sweet, helpful and made sure to fix my hair and dress for the pictures as it was fairly windy. I highly recommend Vicki for a stress free , well coordinated wedding!

Sent on 11/28/2013

Melissa · Married on 10/22/2012

Vickie was our coordinator and she was very helpful throughout the entire process! She's very prompt with email communication and responds to every question. We had a great experience! It was a bit difficult to plan our wedding since I live in Washington and our wedding was on Maui, but Vickie offered suggestions and made it much easier. The day of our wedding, she helped set everything up and cleaned up at the end. I didn't have to worry about anything! Thank you Vickie and Rick!

Sent on 10/31/2012

3.5

We had a great experience with Vicki at Love Maui Weddings. Planning a wedding from out of state is a daunting experience, but with Vicki it went so smoothly. The first time we spoke was over an hour long phone call with more details than we could have imagined. She covered every single possible base. We appreciated all of the recommendations for the location, photographer, and musician. It made it so easy to go through a very stress free wedding planning process.

Sent on 05/26/2015

Sandra · Married on 03/10/2008

3.5

Vickie and Rick were easy to work with especially since we weere on the mainland and they were in Maui. They coordinated the appropriate vendors and set up our appointment to get a marriage license. The cost a bit high, but saved us alot of running around once we got to Hawaii.

Sent on 03/25/2008

Love Maui Weddings's reply:

Sandra and Chris were a very nice couple to work alongside on their wedding. In response to our pricing, ctually our package prices are affordably priced and quite competitive or lower than other Maui wedding companies similar packages. We increased our prices only slightly this year after the economic downturn that kept our prices the same as three years previous. Our Island Rapture and Hawaiian Paradise packages are the best price for what is included! We provide pricing to hopefully work with all budgets.

3.2
      3.0
      3.0
      1.0

Vickie is a very nice lady and we got an excellent deal but you also get what you pay for. I am a very organized neat freak so I have a high standard when it comes to dealing with people in a business manner. It felt like I was dealing with a friend or family member in the sense that she used personal life excuses to account for small mistakes (Like missing appointments with us or asking me the same question twice because she must not have written it down the first time). To be fair we might have caught her at a time in her life where planning peoples' weddings were getting to be too much for her but then she really shouldn't be doing weddings if that's the case. In the end, she sent a different coordinator to our wedding because she couldn't make it but it turned out great. Sara T. was a great planner, very direct, officiant, and got the job done the way I wanted it.

Sent on 07/16/2012

Love Maui Weddings's reply:

While our company vows to take excellent care of our clients, we regret that we were unable to meet this bride's higher than normal expectations. No appointments were missed. We did and always will provide our clients with excellent service and vendors. Unfortunately, I was unable to attend this wedding due to my mother having to go into the hospital and our on-site coordinators are exceptional. We wish the very best for this couple.