Live View Studios Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2013 Winner

• Angel
    Angel S. Getting married on 12/10/2021

The absolute best!

We were so incredibly lucky to have Brent and his team as the photographers/videographers for our wedding and an engagement session. Going into all of the wedding planning, I thought all photographers were about the same. I now know that’s not true and that Live View Studios is truly one of the best. When we received our wedding pictures, I was amazed at how beautiful they were, and so was everyone else who has seen them. The artistry is evident in the pictures. They made sure to find the most beautiful scenery for the pictures. The look and style of the pictures are what I would expect to see in a wedding magazine, and I never expected that for my own wedding. I can’t say enough good things about Brent and Live View Studios. I would recommend them to anyone! I just feel so lucky that they were available on our wedding date because they really are the best!

Live View Studios's reply:

This is so sweet of you to say! The two of you were so much fun to work with and I'm glad that you were able to have such a dreamy wedding in 2020! Cheers to marriage!
  • Flourish
    Flourish W. Married on 05/22/2021

Amazing Photographer/Videographer

As a wedding planner, I work with so many different photographers & videographers. I have to say that Brent and his team were one of the best. Not only do they produce absolutely stunning work, but they are so on top of things leading up to the event. They are truly a pleasure to work with from start to finish. You won't be disappointed if you hire them for your big day!

Live View Studios's reply:

thank you! It was great working with your team as well! Looking forward to the next time that we are able to work together :)
  • Alexandra
    Alex H. Married on 05/15/2021

Truly fine art photography (and an amazing experience!)

Once we decided to get married in NC, Brent was the very first vendor I reached out to. I’d worked with him in the past and fell in love with his work; his style and approach to weddings were exactly what I wanted, and he certainly did not disappoint.

We had a small, 8-person ceremony in Beaufort, NC at The Inn on Turner in May 2021. Brent artfully captured our wedding day and the memories we will cherish forever. The photos are absolutely beautiful and the tear-jerking video he made was for us was just perfect.

Thank you for sharing our wedding day with us, Brent!

Live View Studios's reply:

Thank you so much for this review!! Loved being able to capture your day for you and so happy that you are thrilled with the imagery!!
  • Ali
    Ali D. Married on 03/20/2021

Love Brent

Brent did our wedding and engagement photos. We were not disappointed at all. He was able to get some great pictures of us. We aren't very photogenic but you wouldn't have been able to tell in the photos. He made taking pictures so easy and comfortable.

Live View Studios's reply:

aw you're sweet! Thank you for the kind words! Can't wait till you see your wedding photos! I hope it was one of the happiest days of your life :)
  • Sylvia
    Sylvia W. Married on 12/13/2020

Professional, beautiful work, great people to work with!

Brent and his team were great to work with. We bought an 8 hour package and I am so glad we did - it was the the perfect amount of coverage for a full wedding day.

Live View Studios's reply:

thank you! It was such a pleasure to be there! We loved the resulting images from your wedding day!
  • Rebecca
    Rebecca Married on 10/05/2019

Exceptional Quality

My husband and I were brain storming who would be our wedding photographer. When I mentioned it would be my dream to have Brent at LVS photograph our wedding he said " please contact them! I knew Brent would be the one to make our wedding come to live . and tell a story that we could relive through beautiful images time and time again. His love for telling love stories captured our heart and resonated through the images. I had absolute nothing to worry about.
    The quality and details of the images we effortless. He made everyone feel comfortable and beautiful and no mater what changes occurred worked with the beautiful. I so grateful to have LVS capture my wedding day! I would recommend them 100%.
  • Sarah
    Sarah Married on 08/31/2019

Perfection

Brent was great! Our engagement session was fun and easy! The pictures were gorgeous and we got them back within a week! I’m sure our wedding photos will be just as perfect!

Live View Studios's reply:

Thanks Sarah! Looking forward to your wedding and hanging out with y'all more! Your engagement session was so sweet. :)
    Maggie F. Married on 10/25/2018

Amazing!

Brent is a professional who takes pride in his work! He does a phenomenal job with his team and really cares about what the bride and groom are looking for and wants to create the best experience for the couple! My husband and I hired Brent and I have recommended him to EVERYONE! He seriously does Mind blowing work!
    Sophia Married on 10/06/2018

capturing our beautiful wedding

We loved working with Brent and Morgan on our wedding day! They even drove myself and a bridesmaid to the wedding venue from our hotel. They're so friendly and comfortable to work with. From the sneak peeks we have seen, the pictures look beautiful and just the style I was going for. I am most excited to see that film photos that Brent captured as my parents processed film regularly for their business when I was growing up and still do currently but not quite as much. I cannot wait to see the rest of the photos!

As far as timeliness and professionalism, Brent and his team deserve an A+ for that. I always got reminders for things and Brent was very prompt in answering any lingering questions I had. He was also able to fit in a last minute photoshoot right before the wedding to be used as a gift. Timmy and I are excited to be able to use Brent in the years to come for our anniversaries and to include our pups who were not allowed at our wedding venue :(.
    Jen Married on 07/08/2018
    Brent is hands down amazing! From the very beginning, when we first spoke, we knew that Brent was the photographer we wanted. He is friendly, easy to work with, extremely accommodating, and very professional. The response time to any question is quick and he ensures that he knows exactly what you want photographed on the day itself. He and his team really know what they are doing and are able to capture some truly beautiful moments that are 100% genuine. Plus, the look of the film photography is really beautiful and timeless. We could not recommend him enough!
    Veronica Married on 06/29/2018
    We could not have picked a more perfect photographer for our wedding. Brent and his team create beautiful, elegant work and are highly professional and FUN to work with. As someone who works in the fine art industry, photography was incredibly important to me. When I discovered Live View Studios fine art photography, I was sold. Their style is fresh, bright, romantic, and restful, and Brent works with both digital and film photography (#filmisnotdead). My husband and I planned our wedding from Utah, but our long-distance was never an issue with Brent. We Facetimed several times so that when our big day finally arrived, we felt as if we already knew him. He and his wife, Anna, sent us sweet surprises and cards in the mail throughout the process. It was a such a sweet touch from such a thoughtful couple. Brent is delightfully goofy in person which helped us all to relax and act natural in front of the camera. My husband and I had never had professional photos taken before that day, so our sneak peak photos reflect just how comfortable Brent made us feel on our wedding day. We cannot wait to see the rest! Already, I've truly never felt more beautiful than in Live View Studios' gorgeously crafted photos.
    Lizzie Married on 05/19/2018
    Live View Studios is absolutely amazing!! Photography was the most important detail of my wedding. I wanted high quality, professional, and detailed photos and they absolutely provided that! Brent and his team went over and beyond to capture each special moment of our big day and I am honestly blown away! There were so many precious moments that I didn't even know someone was there to capture it but was so glad to see they did. I loved seeing that my photographer and videographer were dancing along to the songs while also taking so many fun pictures and videos of us dancing! Once we signed with LVS they began sending us monthly letters in the mail with date ideas! So fun! We received sneak peek pictures while on our honeymoon, which was SO awesome to look at them together a couple days after! Brent is incredibly kind, made us feel so comfortable, and was beyond professional! I would absolutely recommend to anyone looking for high-quality professional photos!
    Madison Married on 09/22/2017
    Brent and his team are absolutely phenomenal! He was so easy to get in touch with, and he and his team were an absolute dream to be around on our wedding day. There’s a huge difference between someone who photographs weddings solely as a job or a side gig, and someone who’s truly invested and passionate about it- Brent genuinely cares about the couples that he works with. Being a young couple with unique and difficult careers, Brent was incredibly generous and flexible with our budget and timeframe. I work in the fashion industry so I can confidently say that he and his team are very talented and he produces beautiful work- his technique and attention to detail are amazing. I highly recommend him to anyone local, as well as to anyone who may be a bit far away- he’s worth it.

Live View Studios's reply:

Thank you so much Madison! It was a pleasure being there for your day!!
    Hannah Married on 08/07/2017
    Brent was wonderful to work with and made both my new husband and I feel very relaxed and comfortable in front of the camera. He did a stunning job with our pictures and we couldn't be happier with them.

Live View Studios's reply:

It was a pleasure getting to photograph you both on your wedding day! So glad I could be there to celebrate with you both :)
    Trudy Married on 05/06/2017
    Other than the spouse, our photographer was by far the best decision we made for our wedding day! Since the photos are the only thing you really get to keep from your wedding, they were our top priority and Brent far exceeded our expectations. I was also looking for someone who shoots in both film and digital and he does both! Brent is incredibly talented and able to create beauty and intimacy from seemingly mundane scenes. He also has such a fine attention for detail, reflected in his photographs and the way he interacted with us. I appreciated how he kept us updated throughout the process and was always just a calm, relaxed presence throughout the busy-ness of the wedding day. Can't say enough good things about Live View Studios; if high quality wedding photos are a priority for you, this is it.
    Dez Married on 12/10/2016
    Captured our day perfectly! The pictures are absolutely stunning and Brent and his team made us feel so natural in the moment. Not to mention we put him through an outdoor ceremony in the middle of December. =o) He was a trooper and captured the personality and feel of our wedding in every shot.
    J Married on 11/04/2016
    Considering how important the day was for us, there wasn’t any doubt that a photographer would be on the top of the list for expenditures. We’ve heard the advice from everyone, and its true, the day truly does fly by. We wanted someone we could trust, without having to worry if they “got the shot.” Brent got the shot and then some. His images are beautifully composed and artful while also being natural. He was perfectly at ease and always held his composure which helped us relax and enjoy the day. Aside from the beautiful images, Brent is a straight up pro. He scouted the place beforehand. Kept in touch with us throughout the entire process. Provided a beautiful gallery for our images, to make it easy to download and share with family. Sent cool mailers and little surprises throughout. Basically an above and beyond experience more then what we could have hoped for. We can’t thank Brent and Live View Studios enough for the memories and heirloom images. It was an honor to have him capture the day and to call him a friend.

Live View Studios's reply:

It was our pleasure to be there! I'm so glad that the day was relaxed and enjoyable for you :) Happy wedding - and happy marriage!
    Molly Married on 10/29/2016
    We just received all our wedding photos from our October wedding and cannot believe how great they turned out. We are in love with all of them! Brent did an amazing job and really captured the mood and personality of our wedding and our guests. The lighting was perfect, and I am obsessed with all the film shots. They are timeless elegance and I can't stop looking at them over and over again. Thanks again Brent - you are truly talented!

Live View Studios's reply:

Thank you so much Molly! It was great working with the two of you and we're so glad that you loved all of your images :) xo
    Ariel Married on 09/24/2016
    Brent is passionate about photography and is a real artist who goes above and beyond in his work. The detail shots of my wedding were beyond beautiful, and I am so happy I have them to invoke memories of that happy day. The wedding album is absolutely gorgeous and definitely captures a strong sense of place and emotion. He also did a great job working in shots that we had requested.

I really enjoyed having him shoot our wedding because Brent valued getting to know us and making us feel comfortable. He sent us a lot of "extras" that made us feel really special, and it's clear that he genuinely cares, not only about the final product, but also about the people he's working with. My husband and I are both lawyers, so we are pretty detail-focused and have high expectations. Brent certainly exceeded them all. We couldn't recommend Brent and Live View Studios more! Thank you Brent and Live View -- you guys are the best.

Live View Studios's reply:

Thank you Ariel! Working with you and Emerson was definitely a highlight of our year :) Hugs to you both!
    Lauren Married on 06/11/2016

I really can't say enough good things about Brent & Live View Studios!! We were absolutely blown away with how beautifully our pictures turned out. I had very high expectations for both photography and videography and Brent completely exceeded those expectations in both the lead up to the wedding and the finished product. Along every step of the way, we got thorough updates, flexibility, assurances, helpful info, good questions, and the final photos and video are stunning! Each individual photo was just as great as the last. There were no "filler" photos. Even the photos of people dancing at the reception captured individual moments instead of a mass of people. His service and expertise went above and beyond being a photographer for the day. They sent fun packages, date ideas, and were happy to answer any barrage of questions we could throw at them. I wouldn't hesitate for a second to recommend Brent!

Live View Studios's reply:

Thank you for your kind words! We so enjoyed working with you and John! xo
    Mary G. Married on 05/21/2016
    We absolutely loved having Brent of Live View Studios as the photographer for our wedding on May 21. Brent and Anna are a sweet partnership and we have thoroughly enjoyed doing business with them. Our experience the day of the wedding was nothing but positive - from start to finish Brent and his second-shooter Kevyn were professional, flexible, and the perfect addition to the day. After getting the photos back I couldn't be more pleased - every one is a beautiful piece of art and a special way to re-live the memories of the day. I can't wait to get our photo book from them in a few weeks - that's another thing that Live View Studios does well: gifts! From Christmas to wedding gifts, they generously give both of their talents and beautiful heirloom treasures that will be in our family for years to come. I would highly recommend Brent to anyone in the North Carolina area looking for a fine art film photographer who deeply cares for his work, family, and clients.

Live View Studios's reply:

Thank you Mary Grace! We loved working with both of you :)
    Juliann Married on 09/26/2015
    I cannot thank Live View Studios enough for all the gorgeous work!! Brent has been absolutely wonderful to work with and he truly enjoys his job. I first found LVS on Pinterest and loved all the work I saw on the website. Brent was quick to respond back to my email and we set up a meeting. My husband and I met with him at a Starbucks and got to know one another. We knew then we wanted LVS to capture our wedding day. My husband and I are so thankful we did!! Brent and Anna sent us a cute welcome gift and a wonderful wedding gift as well, which was so thoughtful!! Brent has been a joy to work with for our engagement shoot, bridal shoot, rehearsal dinner, and wedding day. He did an amazing job making us feel comfortable during our engagement photo shoot. The pictures turned out so amazing! For my bridal shoot he did such a great job capturing my dress and veil. My veil was vintage and passed down from my mother and he made sure to capture some special photos for my mother and grandmother to cherish. He even welcomed my little man "Amos", our dog. These photos with Amos turned out to be so fun as he captured the two of us...some of my favorite by far!! Brent was very organized and wanted to be prepared on the wedding day of what photos were important for us to have. He did a great job capturing all of them on our wedding day. Even though the day was rainy he made sure to capture all the pictures we wanted. He does a wonderful job with lighting as well!! We have just seen our sneak peak from the wedding and the pictures are stunning! Cannot wait to see the rest. I highly recommend LVS to capture any special moment in your life :)
    Katie Married on 06/13/2015
    Live View Studios photographed our Durham, NC wedding in June and our engagement session in October. Brent was absolutely wonderful to work with. He is professional, thoughtful, and an extremely talented artist. Our wedding day was very hot and Brent was very accommodating in terms of getting great pictures without us overheating. We are incredibly happy with our pictures and will cherish them for many years to come. We would highly recommend them to anyone looking for anyone that wants high quality and beautiful pictures taken for their wedding or for any other special event!

Live View Studios's reply:

Thanks Katie! I had such a great time at your wedding and am so pleased that you are happy with everything!
    Julia Married on 06/06/2015
    Brent was absolutely fantastic to work with. From the moment I contacted him, he responded to every email and question I had within 24 hours. He accommodated our extremely busy and unpredictable schedule to set up an initial meeting. My husband and I are not the biggest fans of getting our picture taken and Brent made us feel at ease and comfortable during our wedding photos. The pictures from our wedding are absolutely beautiful, and above and beyond what we ever expected! There are so many pictures capturing fun moments during the reception that I didn’t even see him taking!! We have had compliment after compliment regarding the pictures. I love that Brent does digital as well as film (so rare to find!!)

Overall, our experience with Live View Studios was fantastic; I would recommend them to anyone wanting good quality photography!!
    Elise Married on 10/18/2014
    Brent and Anna are an amazing husband-wife team! From the first time we corresponded with them, we could tell they loved their jobs and were warm and friendly people that you want to be around. They graciously invited us into their home to meet for the first time and discuss how they shoot weddings to ensure they were a good fit for us. Anna and Brent do an amazing job of telling the story of who you are as a couple and this was reflected for us both in our engagement session and our wedding photos. They use light beautifully and make you feel completely comfortable in front of the camera. When we suggested to Brent and Anna that we would like to do our engagement shoot at a B&B they were just as excited as us to shoot at a new venue. Interestingly enough, our wedding venue (The Angus Barn) is very popular and I have seen many friends and acquaintances photos their- but I felt that ours were unique and did not feel repetitive of other couples who have been married at the Angus Barn. Throughout the planning process, Brent and Anna sent us various reminders that they were excited for us to start our journey into marriage and also excited to be our friends. We received several goody bags with the most lovely hand-written notes that were fun reminders that we had truly picked the most lovely and personable photographers out there! If you choose to use Brent and Anna you will not only have lovely pictures from your wedding, but you will also be treated with courtesy and warmth throughout the whole process. My husband (!!!) and I whole-heartedly recommend Live View Studios!