Little Piney Reviews

Little Piney 3
Little Piney 4

Patricia L Dowd · Married on 10/13/2018

Over the Top!

How to create your fantasy wedding in three easy steps: Find Beautiful and Spectacular Venue - Check! Have fun planning and creating your own unique wedding - Check! Find owners that truly care about you and will jump through hopes to give you the day of your dreams - Check! It really is that simple at Little Piney. Our entire family and all the wedding guests had the time of their lives and nothing could have been more perfect. Thank you John and Julie!

Mercedes · Married on 06/02/2018

The hospitality, kindness, generosity, and support John and Julie have is remarkable! The venue was beautiful and sold itself alone, but having such a wonderful team to help you along the way beyond meets all expectations! Leading up to the wedding day, I was the typical bride - worried something would go wrong, stressed the weather would not hold out, and thinking it was all going to be unorganized and chaotic. However, the moment I got to the property on Friday afternoon, I immediately was overwhelmed with such calmness. It was the strangest feeling (especially because I am so Type A when it comes to planning parties/events), but vibe at Little Piney quickly becomes contagious. The beautiful property along side John and Julie's calming personalities makes it so easy to know right away that everything is going to be okay and whatever happens they got it. Julie told my husband and I so many times that she will take care of anything we need and her and John fell nothing short of that. The weather held out last minute for us and they were quick to more the cocktail to the barn and the reception to the pavilion without hesitation or issues. I have no idea how they do it all! So many of our family and friends told us during the wedding and weeks after that it was the best wedding they have ever been to and I know that none of that would have been possible without John and Julie. I honestly have no idea if anything went wrong the day of because they took care of all the logistics and issues that probably did come up. They let my husband and I focus only on enjoying our day together with the people we love most. We want to relive this day over and over again because it was absolutely perfect. Thank you so much John and Julie for making the day our dream.

Danielle · Married on 05/26/2018

Little Piney is a dream! I could write and novel on how great my husband and I's experience was! John and Julie are absolutely amazing to work with! They are so friendly, have so much hospitality, caring, professional, always thinking of the bride and groom, have such attention to detail...the list could go on and on! When my husband and I first got engaged I somehow came across this quaint venue, booked a tour and fell in love! I knew it was the place I wanted to get married at. John and Julie made the planning process as easy and as stress free as possible. I was able to contact Julie whenever I had a question, idea, or something worrying me. Julie and I discussed the decorations for the big day, and we bounced ideas off of each other. It was great that they had a closet with decorations in it that every bride is able to use; saved me money on buying or renting decorations! The weekend of the wedding was as relaxing as it could get. We were able to check into the venue Friday morning, and stayed overnight at the lodging on the property. I didn't feel rushed at all the next morning when waking up to get ready, I was able to really take the whole day in and stop and smell the roses. There was no rush for us to be off the property that evening since we were staying overnight. One thing that I loved was no cell phone service! I was able to disconnect and enjoy every moment, plus I didn't have to worry about seeing guests on their phones instead of celebrating our marriage. All our guests were in awe of how beautiful the property was. I envisioned an elegant and simple wedding, which turned out better than I could have imagined! John and Julie helped throughout the entire day of the wedding. They checked on Cole and I to make sure we were happy, and if we needed anything. They went above and beyond what is expected of venue owners. Cole and I were blown away with how amazing the weekend was, and can't thank John and Julie enough!
    Danielle and Cole Germann

• Jamie

Jamie · Married on 09/02/2017

There is just so much that I could say about Little Piney Lodge.. I don't know if I will ever be able to stop. I'll start with Jon and Julie. From the beginning they were kind and helpful and I knew from the moment I met THEM that this was going to be our venue. Little Piney Lodge is beyond beautiful on it's own but knowing that we would be fully taken care of by Jon and Julie really sealed the deal. They make it very clear that they are all about you having a relaxing, amazing day and that they will do everything in their power to make sure that happens. And guess what folks, they do just that. We booked them a year and a half out and they were available when I had questions and always responded quickly. One of the best parts about this venue is that when you reserve it (on a Saturday), it is yours from Friday at 11 until Sunday at 11.. and I can NOT tell you how much easier that made everything. We could bring everything in and set up on Friday and then JUST CHILL on Sat until we had to start getting ready. Jon and Julie were raring to go when we arrived and helped us set up and figure out where everything goes, so on and so fourth. She and Jon, along with our amazing coordinator, 100% made our day the most amazing it could have possibly been. There are so many ways that they went above and beyond for us.. I will never forget them. I will cry right now I swear.. :)

Little Piney 5
    Little Piney 6
    Little Piney 7
    Little Piney 8

Lisa · Married on 05/28/2017

We came from far away for this venue and it was worth it! All the great things you have heard are true.....would recommend most highly.

Kayla · Married on 11/05/2016

I could write a novel on how much I loved Little Piney. I would get married here again in a heartbeat. It was absolutely stunning, my guests couldn’t stop raving about the beautiful scenery and venue, and John and Julie were so kind and accommodating. They helped wherever they could, and my guests loved their hospitality. I loved the fact that we could stay from Friday at 11 AM to Sunday until 11 AM. It really took the stress out of running around frantically for one day, trying to set everything up. We had our set-up, rehearsal dinner, ceremony, cocktail hour, reception, and after-party all at Little Piney, and because they have so many different areas for you to customize your wedding and where you want to have it, for most of those events we were in a different part of the venue each time. It was simply amazing. My day was stress free and is now one of the best memories of my life, which is something I don’t think a lot of brides can say because the day usually is so stressful! I would recommend 100 times over.

Alicia · Married on 10/23/2016

John and Julie have been absolutely amazing since the first time I went out on the property to take a look. They have been very accommodating and always answer all of my silly questions. I can't wait to have my wedding there!

POST WEDDING UPDATE:
    The day couldn't have gone any better! From what I was told set-up went well, and me and my girls even arrived early since the hair didn't take as long as expected and they still let us go and walk the reception hall. John and Julie were always there to make sure the day went perfectly, which it did! It was great communication all the way up until the day of the wedding. They were also very flexible with us by letting us have our dog on the property with us and let us have a little morning after brunch for our out of town guests on the property. All of our guests were WOWed by the beauty of the venue.

Jim & Carole · Married on 09/11/2016

Little Piney Lodge is located about 7 miles north of Hermann, MO...about 1.5 hours from St. Louis. It is an easy drive and the venue is awesome. Owners John & Julie make you feel special. One thing we liked is that you rent the whole wedding facility so you have access to outdoor, covered outdoor and indoor facilities. If the weather changes (good or bad) they can adapt within about a half hour. They have a list of vendors (not exclusive) to get you started on your search. The venue is in a rustic setting but the facilities are very nice and very affordable. They exceeded our expectations and our daughter and her new husband were thrilled! (Note: Sunday wedding)

Scott · Married on 09/10/2016

Yes that is right! 5 stars across the board. My daughter spent her special day on the weekend of September 10th, 2016. John and Julie will make you feel at home and help you make your special day the very best. The grounds are totally incredible and you will love every bit of the property. We had the property the entire weekend and this made it a unbelievable weekend for the bride and groom. If you want your wedding day to be very special, spend it at Little Piney. Thanks John and Julie! You rock!!

Jean · Married on 07/30/2016

Our daughter got married at Little Piney on 7/30/16 and I have one word "AMAZING" in every way. John and Julie are truly in the right business, everything about them, their family and their venue is perfect. Made themselves available the entire weekend. Would not have changed a thing. I am still smiling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Allie · Married on 05/21/2016

My husband and I got married at Little Piney Lodge May 21, 2016. Everything was perfect. John and Julie went above and beyond to make sure of that. We toured the venue about a year and a half before the wedding and I knew it was our venue! John and Julie were so fast to get back with me whenever I had questions. They are some of the nicest people you will ever meet! The venue is so beautiful. All of our guests have commented on the it. Our photographers fell in love with the place, too! Everyone loved it! If we ever renew our vows, we will be going to Little Piney Lodge. Simply amazing!
    Paul and Allie Fox

Such a beautiful venue! The owners are so helpful. Loved that we could stay on site for the weekend. Getting to set up the day before was awesome and took a lot of stress away from the wedding day. This place is like a destination, but close to home. A perfect rustic setting.

Courtney · Married on 10/24/2015

I was recently the "Day of Coordinator" for my friend's wedding which was held at beautiful Little Piney Lodge in Hermann, MO. I was BLOWN AWAY by the beauty, flexibility, and usefulness of the venue itself, but most impressive and AMAZING are the owners, John and Julie. I was on the property for three days total (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday), there was not a minute that one of them was not present. John was constantly manicuring the lawn to perfection and making sure all of the buildings looked perfect for the wedding party, family, and guests. There are two main cabins on the property for family/friends to stay and they are both awesome, updated, and cleaner than any hotel you could find! The main cabin has a HUGE living space, dining room, and kitchen with large windows that look over the entire property. It was so useful for the day of the wedding when family and wedding party were in and out and trying to get ready. The groom's family hosted the rehearsal dinner at the top of the hill under twinkling lights (kept in impeccable shape by John and Julie) with bonfires, music, and s'mores. There are two options for wedding reception, one inside a vintage barn that boasts large barn doors to add an outdoorsy feeling. The other option is the pavilion, which is also beautiful, but a more "outside" option. Julie was so amazing. She never missed a beat the entire weekend. She knew the schedule of events and was there to help (if needed) for each detail. I think what makes this venue so awesome is that Julie and John care so much that their guests have an amazing experience. Even their kiddos chipped in to help at times....How cool! If you are looking for a rustic, laid back, relaxed vibe...look no further!! I will be telling everyone about this one, and I know the bride and groom were blown away. Their day could not have been more perfect!

Bethany · Married on 08/01/2015

My wife and I had our wedding at Little Piney in August of this year (2015). We chose the venue because it offered the flexibility for an outdoor, semi-indoor, and indoor ceremony and/or reception. This was an extremely valuable quality to have in a wedding venue. The place is kept up beautifully and the accommodations are excellent. It also provides guest housing which is very convenient and also helps cut down on the cost for traveling family members. Overall the venue is excellent and provided a great backdrop for our wedding. Our family, friends, and guests were all impressed with the venue. While the venue was great the best part of Little Piney are the operators (Julie and John). They were accommodating, helpful, and went well out of their way to help us out with the little hiccups that came up during the wedding. I cannot say enough about their professionalism and the great service they provided. From beginning to end they were there to make our wedding as special as possible and we are grateful to them for their hospitality. The venue and the operators provided us a situation that minimized the stress of putting on a wedding and allowed us to focus on our wedding day. We had an unbelievably great wedding weekend. If you are looking for a beautiful country setting for your wedding this is definitely the place.

Rachel · Married on 07/11/2015

John and Julie were amazing to have along the way! The venue is for the entire weekend, however, they are there from day one in helping plan everything. When my husband and I decided on Little Piney for our wedding, we knew that we made the right choice. They went over the top to make sure our day was perfect!

Nicole · Married on 06/20/2015

I don't even know where to start! My former classmate was married here and after seeing her pictures I was sold. I knew this was the place for us; I wanted somewhere where the ceremony and reception were both held. What we ended up getting was more than we could have ever expected. John and Julie are astonishing; as I am typing this up I get teary eyed remembering all of the gracious things they did for not only myself, but for everyone. The month of my wedding was apparently hurricane season and it rained for two weeks leading up to our day, our wedding day the sun was shining and it was absolutely beautiful! The whole morning John was out side working on the pathway; blowing off water so I would not get wet walking down. We lost my pot for our unity tree and Julie went and made us a burlap bow to cover up the "ugly plastic pot." It was unexpected and our of Julie's job description but it was those little things that eased our day. We also had our shuttle service just leave us, so John is helping the dads call around to find another shuttle service to help us out. With that disaster going on that led us to our ceremony being an HOUR late; yes I know ridiculous. With that being said I was upset, this meant I would have a very short ceremony for all of these people who came from all over for us...well that was not the case. I don't even think my dad finished asking them if our ceremony could be extended an hour before they said yes, of course. It wasn't even a question for them. They saved our day in so many ways; we got to spend our wedding day with the best people we could have imagined. John and Julie went out of their way to help us, not being they had to but they wanted to. They are extraordinary people and I would recommend their venue to anybody. We were truly blessed finding this venue and having such accommodating people.

amy · Married on 05/09/2015

I am looking forward to having my wedding at little piney lodge next yr. My fiancé and I had a few places in mind, that fit, on how we wanted our day to be and feel. First stop was little piney, and didn't need to view any place else after seeing the breathtaking views. This place has everything you need. We won't need much decorating either. Maybe some personal touches but that's it. This place is exquisite mike and karen have put so much thought and time to 'your' big day. I love how personal and down to earth they are. They take time to get to know you and what you want. We highly recommend a tour for viewing you definitely wont regret it.

Jessica · Married on 04/18/2015

We absolutely could not have been a more happy with our wedding at Little Piney! John and Julie we incredibly helpful and accommodating. We hosted our rehearsal dinner, had our ceremony and reception on site and loved having a different area to do each! If you are looking for an outdoor venue and a great weekend, this is the place for you!

Sammie · Married on 10/11/2014

We found Little Piney Lodge on the Hermann Wedding Trail and it was the most perfect venue for our wedding. They have indoor and outdoor options, which came in handy because we ended up moving our reception indoors, due to the cold, and I'm so thrilled we did! The Festiv Hof barn is just beautiful. The staff at Little Piney are super responsive and are on site all weekend, to help wherever they can. The on site lodging is spectacular and we couldn't be more excited with how the wedding turned out.

If I could, I would give them over a five star rating. They are under new ownership and the owners are beyond words... Awesome! They were more than helpful with everything. We even needed lightbulbs for our chandelier and John, the owner, went and got some for us! They made sure everything was covered and everyone in our wedding loved how responsive and kind John and his wife, Julie were! This is a one of a kind place. If you are looking for a place in Hermann to have your wedding, this is the place! Free to decorate any way you want and they will help set up and take down. This place was beyond what we could have imagined. So happy we had our wedding here!

Julie · Married on 06/28/2014

Although this venue is a little out of the way, I couldn't have asked for a better place to have my wedding and reception. We got to stay in the cabins on site both Friday and Saturday night (wedding was on Saturday) with 10 other guests which made transportation and setting up/taking down decorations easy. The owners, Karen and Mike, were very nice and responded quickly to any questions I had whether it was through email or by phone. They really helped make the day as stress-free as possible. There is an outside and inside area for receptions which makes it easy to plan for rain or heat (inside barn is air conditioned). This place is perfect for any bride who wants the country/nature feel to their wedding day. I was extremely happy with this venue.

Kerri · Married on 06/14/2014

Just perfect in every way! Mike and Karen are wonderful. Best place for the ultimate earthy, rustic, romantic feel!

Sara · Married on 05/10/2014

Loved, loved, LOVED absolutely everything about my wedding at Little Piney Lodge. Mike and Karen are some of the nicest people you'll work with during your wedding planning, and their quick responses to emails was very appreciated. They do a great job of keeping the venue looking gorgeous. Mike was out at 8am on the wedding day mowing the lawn and doing last minute touchups to ensure that everything was perfect.
    We had the bridal party stay on-site with us in the cabins on the night before the wedding, and it was so convenient to have everyone in spot. Karen and Mike allow your hair/makeup artists to come directly to you at the cabin, so you don't even have to worry about leaving the site once you're there.
    We had minimal decorations, because the venue is just gorgeous in itself. Mike provided us with some shepherd's hooks which we lined the ceremony walkway with, and hung some mason jars with flowers from them. We chose to have our reception inside the barn, because we wanted that rustic/romantic feel. Plus, it was air conditioned! Karen has an array of different table cloths colors to choose from, and they let you arrange the tables in whatever fashion you prefer. We just brought in our centerpieces, and other than that, the reception area was already set to go. They've hung lights from the ceiling to give it a nice atmosphere, so you really don't need to go out and get a lot.

If I could re-do the whole experience, I would choose Little Piney Lodge every single time. We got a TON of compliments from our guests, and the day was absolutely perfect.

Beautiful scenery, pleasant atmosphere, great price!

Steve · Married on 09/10/2011

My daughter had her wedding and reception at Little Piney Lodge last weekend. I have nothing but praise for the place and the owners. Mike and Karen were flexible, helpful and friendly throughout the weekend. The lodge was spectacular, the location for the ceremony was perfect. We had the reception under the pavilion, 180 people were nothing but elated. The waterfall and lights were a perfect compliment to the evening. I would recommend this venue to anyone. The convenience of having the wedding party in the two cabins/lodge on the same grounds as the ceremony and reception is a great logistic benefit.