Little Black Book Events Reviews

Little Black Book Events 4
Little Black Book Events 5

Adam Martin · Getting married on 03/04/2021

On The Ball!!!

Vanessa and Little Black Book Events seamlessly transitioned into the role of our day-of coordinator. She was responsive, showed initiative, and demonstrated her expertise in attention to detail. Many of our guests lauded our wedding as the best they had ever been to. We highly recommend her for your wedding and other events!

Sent on 05/03/2019

Little Black Book Events's reply:

Your wedding was pretty awesome. :) Thank you so much for the kind words. Your bridal party ceremony entrance was hands down the best I have ever witnessed! Thank you for letting me play a small part in your special day.
  • Rebecca

Rebecca · Married on 10/20/2019

One of our best decisions

Hiring Vanessa was one of the best decisions we made in the wedding planning process! Our attitude going in to planning was that we wanted to spend the wedding day enjoying our day, not worrying about the details, and Vanessa pulled this off flawlessly. From our initial consultations, to recommending vendors, to actually managing the day, she was so helpful and positive and fun to have helping us through the planning process. She kept us sane and made sure everything ran smoothly.

Sent on 11/14/2019

Little Black Book Events's reply:

Thanks, Rebecca! It was so great getting to know you and Ian. And I think you get the best wedding reception food award! Loved the pizza and loved you guys!
  • Michelle

Michelle Curth · Married on 10/05/2019

Vanessa made sure our wedding weekend was perfect!

Vanessa was absolutely amazing and made our wedding run perfectly! We hired her for day-of coordination and she was in tune to all of our plans for the big day from the first minute we met her. It was so much more than just the "day of!" She made sure that the whole weekend was stress-free and impeccably planned! It was great to have someone who really listened to us and seemed to know exactly how to bring our ideas to life. We highly recommend working with LBB!

Little Black Book Events 6
    Little Black Book Events 7
    Little Black Book Events 8
    Sent on 10/20/2019

Little Black Book Events's reply:

Thanks so much, Michelle! I'm so glad you had the best day. You had such a wonderful crowd and you two looked amazing!

Robyn Spence · Married on 08/31/2019

Vanessa is a joy to work with!

Vanessa was fantastic to work with! We hired her for day of wedding services and she made our day stress free. We met with Vanessa a couple of times before our big day and she was happy to send over recommendations for vendors and point us in the right direction. The day of everything moved smoothly and we didn't feel the need to follow up with Vanessa once. She had everything under control and exactly how we had envisioned/expected. It was almost like she wasn't there (in the best way possible :))!!

Sent on 09/11/2019

Little Black Book Events's reply:

I loved working with you Diego and little Mya! It was such a fun day and I'm so happy it turned out exactly how you wanted.

Alyssa · Married on 06/23/2019

LBB is the best!

Choosing to work with Vanessa of LBB as a day-of planner was the best decision! Her services went beyond just the day of to help recommend vendors, create a timeline, and be available to answer any questions we had. They day of, Vanessa's calm and organized presence ensured that things went out without a hitch.

Sent on 07/02/2019

Little Black Book Events's reply:

Thanks, Alyssa! You and Ari are such a sweet couple! And you guys looked amazing! I really enjoyed working with you and your family. I hope the day was everything you wanted. ❤️

Adell Coleman · Married on 06/01/2019

Wonderful!!

Where do we begin? Meeting Vanessa and Little Black Book was like a breath of fresh air. Coming off the heels of a terrible planner, we had honestly been scarred of planners but we knew that we needed the help. She was referred to us and when we met her we knew immediately that we were making the right decision. Vanessa has this keen sense for detail a great style a wonderful understanding and to be quite frank she knows what she is doing. It’s a lot of people out here who call themselves planners, But they are not they don’t care about what your needs are and they don’t have a great way of execution. Vanessa has great ideas but she does not push or impose her own things. She does make suggestions but leaves it to you! She delivers what you want and more. My wedding was a vision but she made it more of a dream that I never knew I had she exceeded my husband and my expectations. When there was conflict she handled it when they were issues with the vendors she handled it. Anything and everything that I needed positive or negative she was able to take care of it all. Everyone thinks they’re a planner but they are not they don’t care about what your needs are and they don’t have a great way of execution. Vanessa has great ideas she delivers what you want and more.
    Oh and she has a HUGE roladex of vendors and is able to make a budget work! She communicates very well! She is just amazing! I’d recommend little black book to anyone for any event!

Little Black Book Events 9
    Little Black Book Events 10
    Little Black Book Events 11
    Sent on 06/14/2019

Little Black Book Events's reply:

Oh wow! Thank you so much for those words Adell. This is exactly how we want our clients to feel...like we were able to bring their vision to life. So glad that we could do that for you and Mike. You are such a special couple. It was one of the most fun weddings I have!

Amy Chan · Married on 05/25/2019

Great Team!

Vanessa and her team were outstanding! We had a large Indian wedding with around 300 guests. Vanessa was efficient and kept the day moving without any glitches. She also had a calm demeanor throughout our wedding process and the day of the event, which was greatly appreciated. I couldn't recommend her services enough!

Sent on 06/05/2019

Little Black Book Events's reply:

Thank you Amy! We are so glad we were able to help you and your guests have a smooth and enjoyable day!
  • Kate

Kate · Married on 05/18/2019

Huge help!

We worked with Jacqueline, and she was really great! She helped us for hte month up to the wedding, and created a day-of timeline for us. It was also really helpful to have her review all of our contracts and make sure we weren't missing anything before or after our wedding. She was a really steady presence for us and helped everyone stay calm (including my mom, which is a challenge!) I would highly recommend LBB and Jacqueline!

Sent on 06/03/2019

Little Black Book Events's reply:

Thank you for your review and recommendation Kate. It was a joy planning with you, Will and Susan. All the best!
    ~ Jacqueline
  • Vy

Vy · Married on 05/05/2019

Definitely worth it!

Vanessa was a really excellent day of coordinator for our early May wedding! As a bride to be I was a little nervous with the few weeks leading up to the wedding and Vanessa was so accommodating and patient with me. She answered my emails/texts promptly and was always very pleasant to work with. On the day of the wedding, everything went very smoothly all thanks to Vanessa in the background making it all come together! We had an amazing, unforgettable wedding and it was all due to Vanessa's help.

I got really lucky with finding Vanessa!!! She is worth the money.

Sent on 05/28/2019

Little Black Book Events's reply:

Aww you are so sweet!!! I’m so glad everything came together and it was the day you and Elliot wanted. So happy for you guys!
  • Lindsay

Lindsay Petrick · Married on 04/19/2019

Perfection!

Vanessa was a huge help from the very beginning, even when we had a few obstacles she was right there guiding us through. She was very flexible too! We are so happy we decided to hire her to help us through such a crazy and overwhelming process, she knows the ropes so we were able to just relax. Thank you Vanessa!!!

Sent on 06/03/2019

Little Black Book Events's reply:

It was so great working with you on your wedding. I absolutely loved how stylistically it really incorporated you and Kyle. It was gorgeous and so were you guys!!!
  • User6228038 · Recently married

Best Money We Ever Spent

Wow, where can I even begin? Vanessa was the best money my wife (!!) and I have ever spent. Backstory- we’re both physicians who got engaged 4.5 years before our wedding and waited 3 years to start planning because we are busy, lazy, and had only very vague visions when it came to planning. Vanessa came along and not only did she make our dreams come true, she turned them from very blurry, nonspecific dreams into clear, perfect reality.

She is extremely organized: we told her at the beginning that we wouldn’t be good at keeping on task, what with our busy schedules. She kept us on task and everything was always done on time, in spite of us often dragging our feet or having limited availability. This was often because:

She goes above and beyond. She would run to the marriage license bureau for us, pick up all the alcohol for us, return the leftovers, and a bunch of other things that I can’t remember because Vanessa just took care of it. She clearly worked nights and weekends for us, which as doctors, we can appreciate.

She was super flexible: she met us wherever, whenever. She was ok with Venmo for lots of things which made things super easy. When we would decline the first set of options (venue, photo/video, flowers), she would look for more and not make us feel bad/guilty about it.

She is a great person: Vanessa really became our friend in this process. When other people stressed us out about not knowing our colors yet, etc, she reassured us. On the day of the wedding, she ran a smooth, but tight ship. Our photographer and videographer said she was the best wedding planner THEY’D ever worked with- she kept them updated as to the schedule because she knew photos and video were important to us, which our photo/video people said not all wedding planners do. All of our families loved her.

We really gave Vanessa very little in the way of direction or help, and she still gave us our dream wedding. At the end of the night, I (half) jokingly thanked her for letting us attend her wedding. In short, I could not recommend a better wedding planner in this life or the next. I’m almost regretting writing this review since we are actively handing out Vanessa’s info to everyone we know getting married and I want her to be available on their dates. She really is the best.

Little Black Book Events 12
    Little Black Book Events 13
    Sent on 04/22/2019

Little Black Book Events's reply:

Oh my goodness!!! I told you not to make me cry! It was great getting to know you both during the planning process. Thank you for trusting me to make it happen. Seeing the two of you totally in your element on your wedding day was the best thing ever!
  • heather k

heather k · Married on 02/23/2019

Can’t Say Enough Good Things!

Hiring a wedding planner (or day-of-coordinator) is THE most important decision you can make, and you cannot make a better choice than Vanessa of Little Black Book events! When people tell me how perfect my wedding was, I know it was all thank to her professionalism, experience, amazing network of vendors, creativity, and calmness. Words cannot express how grateful I am for Vanessa and Little Black Book events. Thanks for executing my my absolute dream wedding! My fairytale became reality...

Little Black Book Events 14
    Little Black Book Events 23
    Little Black Book Events 24
    Sent on 03/09/2019

Little Black Book Events's reply:

Thank you for your kind words Heather. It was such a pleasure helping you and Bryan create the perfect day. You looked GORGEOUS! And your old-school hip-hop loving crowd was the best!

Tianna · Married on 01/01/2019

Wedding in 2 Weeks!

I reached out to Little Black Book Events to book my small wedding. The added element was that we wanted to have it in two weeks from our call. Vanessa was more than up for the challenge. She got to work with finding a venue and vendors to make our day special. She kept me in the loop throughout the entire process and thought of things that we had missed. My wedding guests were so surprised to learn we planned the wedding with such short notice and so organized. The florist she suggested exceeded my expectations with my bouquet, and officiant was personable and very realistic for marriage values.
    I will definitely call on Vanessa and LBB Events when I am planning future events.

Little Black Book Events 25
    Sent on 01/15/2019
  • Tyler

Tyler Glotfelty · Married on 12/31/2018

An amazing organizer who can adapt to meet any challenge!

Vanessa is an incredibly organized and professional coordinator, and working with her was an absolute pleasure from start to finish. She can handle any curve ball thrown at you before or during your big day, and she will handle those situations with tact and grace. She allowed my wife and I to have a truly unforgettable experience on our wedding day, free from the stress of worrying about vendors, decorations, gifts and keeping to our timeline. Most importantly, she will work with you months in advance to nail down all the details of your wedding day and ensure that nothing is overlooked. In short, Vanessa was invaluable to us and I'm certain she'll be invaluable to you.

Sent on 01/10/2019

Laura · Married on 11/11/2018

Vanessa was amazing -- would highly recommend her to everyone!!

Vanessa did a fantastic job as our day-of coordinator for our wedding and her price was so reasonable compared to some of the other coordinators we had contacted for quotes! She was incredibly responsive during the planning stages when we had small questions, and always had great suggestions and was so helpful in finalizing all the details for the celebration. During the wedding she was great and handled everything without a hitch, so I didn’t have to worry about anything! There were so many moving parts and things to coordinate, and she handled it all flawlessly without hesitation. We couldn’t have done it without her, and would highly recommend her services to anyone. Thank you so much, Vanessa, for helping us have a fantastic and perfectly-run celebration!

Sent on 11/20/2018

Kristian H · Married on 10/21/2018

Vanessa is AMAZING!!

Vanessa was amazing! She took so much stress off of my plate and went above and beyond to do things that a typical coordinator wouldn't do. I walked into my wedding, and everything was beautiful. She set-up the ceremony space, our after reception small bites, and our welcome table. After the wedding, she broke everything down, packed it into her car, and dropped it off to me. She was a dream!

Sent on 10/31/2018

Georgia Anne Wright · Married on 09/28/2018

Best money we spent

Working with Vanessa at Little Black Book Events was the best decision we made during the entire wedding process. Vanessa was our day of coordinator, and I have said time and time again that hiring her was the best money we spent on the wedding. Initially, we weren’t going to hire a day of coordinator, but after hearing many times how much easier it made the day, we looked into it.

We found Vanessa through a recommendation from our wedding venue. After meeting her for coffee, we knew she was a great fit. Vanessa is so easy to work with. She is professional, easy going, but gets so much. I found her particularly helpful because I was the first of my friends to get married, and was completely uneducated about the smaller details of a wedding. Vanessa was able to answer all of our questions about the process, gave us creative ideas to personalize the day, and served as a wealth of knowledge.

Closer to the day, Vanessa gathered all of our vendor contracts and reached out about arrival times and other organizational details. She served as the point of contact for all of these people which was unbelievably helpful. On the day, Vanessa did all the behind the scenes work to make sure the day went off without a hitch. If we had any kind of issue, we were able to tell Vanessa about it and it was taken care of. Having Vanessa there lowered the stress level, and allowed everyone to concentrate on enjoying themselves. If she hadn’t been there we would have been consumed by all the small things that no one ever tells you about. From making sure the DJ is set up in the correct place, to setting up the welcome table, Vanessa saved us time and memories. If we didn’t have Vanessa, those smaller details would have rested with me or my mother. Instead, we were able to enjoy the day as a celebration, not a checklist of tasks to get done. My mom still comments that she wishes she could have a Vanessa in everyday life. Hiring Vanessa was by far the best investment we made on the wedding, and I could not recommend her enough.

Sent on 11/24/2018

ANDREW · Married on 09/08/2018

Vanessa was the planner for our wedding recently and she was amazing. She is congenial, responsive and was a joy to work with. We were extremely pleased with everything and we highly, highly recommend her!

Sent on 10/04/2018

Julie · Married on 09/07/2018

We could not be happier with our services from Little Black Book!! Vanessa was my day of wedding coordinator and she went above and beyond with her services. She helped me before the wedding to make sure I took care of every detail and she personally helped me with the stress that comes with wedding planning! Vanessa is extremely friendly and professional and I can honestly say that my wedding wouldn't have been as successful without her. I highly recommend her to any bride that needs support with wedding planning!!!

Sent on 09/16/2018

Ray · Married on 09/01/2018

We hired Vanessa from Little Black Book Event Services as our day-of wedding coordinator. She went absolutely above and beyond what we expected: her personality is what we needed to relieve stress, her creative ideas were spot on and matched our vision and theme, her professionalism was top notch, her organizational skills were beyond reproach. In short, we can't thank Vanessa enough for everything she did on our wedding day; an absolute must hire and we HIGHLY RECOMMEND HER SERVICES!

Sent on 09/23/2018

Brittany · Married on 09/01/2018

Very organized, professional and knowledgable!

Vanessa has it all under control! She had us organize our event from the beginning which relieved a lot of stress. She knows her stuff and is willing to step up and do whatever is needed to make sure everything runs smoothly!

Sent on 11/20/2018

Annie · Married on 06/09/2018

Vanessa was recommended to us by our venue and hiring her as our wedding coordinate was definitely one of the best decisions we made during the wedding planning process! Vanessa helped keep us on track but also reminded us that we were doing great with planning and kept our nerves calm during the weeks leading up to our wedding. She was always easy to get a hold of and the night before the wedding was quick to respond to our texts about last minute things. She kept everything running smoothly on the day of--everything that we had discussed she took care of and made it so that my husband and I didn't have to even think about a number of things.

Sent on 06/21/2018

Emily · Married on 05/27/2018

Working with LBB and Vanessa was truly one of our best decisions. I am so pleased with her level of service, responsiveness, and flexibility. We booked her for "day-of" services, which actually began weeks before our event with two in person meetings, several phone calls, texts, and emails along the way. She also attended our final walk through with the venue and our rehearsal to see exactly what we envisioned, and she executed our plan perfectly - even with some iffy weather in the forecast!! Vanessa was GREAT and I truly recommend her to any bride!!

Sent on 06/08/2018

Brittne · Married on 05/05/2018

There is no way I could have pulled of IN FOUR MONTHS a two-day, multicultural, out of state, wedding without Vanessa! She was organized, kept everything on schedule so there were no hiccups, was able to refer vendors, and was super responsive! Bringing Vanessa on-board was one of the best decisions I made about the wedding.

Sent on 05/19/2018

Regenia · Married on 10/06/2017

Excellent experience and highly recommend this vendor.

Little Black Book Events 26