Little Black Book Events Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner

• Sam
    Sam U. Married on 10/23/2021

Working with LBB is the smartest decision you will make.

You can stop searching now. You have found the best possible coordinator. Hire her.

We hired Vanessa for her "month of" services, and it was genuinely the best choice we made in the entire planning process. She is ridiculously smart, capable, flexible, endlessly creative, and indefatigable. She seamlessly took over coordination with vendors and handled messes major and minor in the lead up to the event. On the day of the wedding, we genuinely didn't have to think about a thing other than enjoying the day—something made far easier because Vanessa kept us fed, watered, and happy. You will not regret working with her for a second.

Little Black Book Events's reply:

Sam thank you so much for those kinds words! I really enjoyed working with you and Alex and I'm so glad we were able to take care of things so you could FINALLY enjoy your long-awaited wedding day!
    Doug B. Married on 08/21/2021

Amazing to work with!

Vanessa was incredible!!!!!!!!

Little Black Book Events's reply:

Thank you Doug! You and Charlotte had such a fun crowd. We are so glad the wedding was a beautiful success!
  • Anne
    Anne M. Married on 08/21/2021

Go with Little Black Book Events. Jacqueline was amazing!!

My husband and I planned our entire wedding. We decided to get a day of coordinator to handle things on the actual wedding day. Four weeks before the wedding, we reached out to a couple of planners. After talking to Jacqueline we felt she was a perfect match. We are so happy we went with her. She is so patient and very knowledgeable. We had an issue with the florist last minute changing the delivery times to an earlier time. Jacqueline knew exactly how to handle it. She really made it possible for us to enjoy our special day. Guests even complimented on how well she handled everything. Go with Little Black Book Events. You will not be disappointed.

Little Black Book Events's reply:

Wow! Thank you so much for your kind review, Anne Maria. You and Robert made my job easier. It was a pleasure working with you on your wedding day to make it a memorable event, for you and your guests. We at Little Black Book Events appreciate the vote of confidence. Congratulations again and much blessings in your marriage. ~ Jacqueline
  • Aissata
    Aissata H. Married on 07/25/2021

10/10, 1,000% would recommend

I don't even know where to start with this review - we hired Vanessa for her full planning services, and she was just a dream to work with. My husband and I got engaged in 2019 and planned to have our wedding in summer 2020, but COVID had other plans. Vanessa helped us navigate two years of uncertainty from our engagement to our wedding in July 2021. She saw us through multiple reschedules and almost-reschedules and barely broke a sweat. The stress of having to manage rescheduling and that many vendors alone would have brought me to tears, but Vanessa had it handled! There was a lot of stress and uncertainty that came with the pandemic but I can honestly say that my wedding wasn't one of them - she was so communicative and flexible that we always felt like she had things under control.

A few highlights from working with her:
    1. She helped us pick all of our vendors, from cake, to DJ, photographer, and all of her recs were spot on. If we didn't like a set of options she provided, she was always willing to come back with more until we found something we were happy with.
    2. She went above and beyond consistently. I forgot my afterparty shoes in my hotel room and she even went to pick them up for me and brought them to the party! She was also like the Mary Poppins of weddings the day of - I managed to forget my steamer at the hotel for my dress change and was panicking in the bridal suite, and she just made an extra steamer appear out of nowhere. I don't know how she does it!
    3. She was a master communicator, juggling details and all the moving pieces between my husband and I, our venue, vendors, and even family members. The sheer number of emails with important but tiny details she managed that I would have dropped the ball on...very impressive.
    4. She was also great at helping us realize our vision of what we wanted. We needed to find a way to blend a religious Jewish ceremony that also incorporated aspects of west African culture, so it wasn't the most straightforward wedding, but Vanessa was more than up to the challenge.

I can't recommend her enough, our wedding wouldn't have been the same without Vanessa to make it happen!

Little Black Book Events's reply:

Aissata!!! Thank you for this wonderful review. Wedding planing is tough under the very best of circumstances so I'm glad I was able to support you and Benjy over the past couple of years through this process. I think your vision came together beautifully and it was a wonderful day...and you both looked fabulous! I'm so glad that all of it was worth it in the end!!!
  • K Nickolls
    K Nickolls Married on 05/30/2021

Awesome Experience

I hired Vanessa to manage the day of the wedding and coordinate vendors leading up to the day. Bad weather on the day of the wedding moved it from an outdoor ceremony to indoors. Although it wasn't what we had planned, the ceremony in front of the fireplace was perfect indoors. Vanessa coordinated all of the changes smoothly while we enjoyed the day celebrating with family and friends. I highly recommend Vanessa as your wedding planner. If you want to have a carefree beautiful day, hire Vanessa.

Little Black Book Events's reply:

Kathleen - I'm so glad things worked out the way they did. It was a beautiful day for a beautiful couple. And it was my first post-COVID wedding...so super special for me!
    Jeremy A. Married on 05/12/2021

Vanessa helped make our wedding the experience we wanted it to be

Vanessa was amazing! We had a fairly large wedding (250 people) and we had a lot of moving parts. My now wife and I wanted to make this wedding feel like "ours", and Vanessa was in-step with us the entire time providing really great feedback and advice. Going into the week of and weekend of our wedding, there were definitely some things my wife and i had meant to do but hadn't gotten around to doing them. Vanessa and her team stepped-up to the plate and made sure our wedding day was an amazing time. She was also so incredibly supportive day-of the wedding--despite having so much to coordinate and do (many of which I'm probably not even aware of myself), she consistently checked-in with us to make sure we were doing ok. I would highly recommend!!!!

Little Black Book Events's reply:

You guys made it so easy to work with you! I'm thrilled everything turned out the way you envisioned. And you had such a fun crowd of guests! So glad it was the day you wanted. :)
    Adam M. Married on 03/04/2021

On The Ball!!!

Vanessa and Little Black Book Events seamlessly transitioned into the role of our day-of coordinator. She was responsive, showed initiative, and demonstrated her expertise in attention to detail. Many of our guests lauded our wedding as the best they had ever been to. We highly recommend her for your wedding and other events!

Little Black Book Events's reply:

Your wedding was pretty awesome. :) Thank you so much for the kind words. Your bridal party ceremony entrance was hands down the best I have ever witnessed! Thank you for letting me play a small part in your special day.
  • R Kirk
    R Kirk M. Married on 02/10/2021

Vanessa made our wedding so easy!

We were about halfway through planning our wedding when we reached out to Vanessa, and all we can say is that we wish we had contacted her sooner! Her professionalism, efficiency and knowledge made bringing our wedding together so much easier than it could have been. Vanessa was patient and understanding when we ran into obstacles, and quick with ideas that helped us save time and money. She stayed with us every step of the way, and made our wedding an incredible day. She is very responsive and creative. If you’re looking for help planning and pulling together your wedding, we can’t recommend Vanessa enough.

Little Black Book Events's reply:

Jason and Kirk!!! What can I even say? I love you guys and I'm so happy the day turned out beautifully. Glad I can call you both and Punky friends!!!
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer Married on 10/24/2020

Vanessa was amazing!!!!

Vanessa was absolutely amazing!! I was looking for a wedding planner that was local to where we were getting married (DC area) since we lived in PA. I interviewed a few planners and Vanessa seemed professional, knowledgeable, organized and very calm. From the beginning she was very reachable, timely in responding to me, extremely organized and on top of all the details. She let me handle the details I wanted to and took care of all the things I didn't want to deal with myself. A little over a month before the wedding my reception venue canceled due to COVID and Vanessa was calm, reassuring and confident in the hours following assuring me we would find a solution and then she set out helping me find a new venue - a venue that turned out to be even better than what we originally had planned. The weeks leading up to the wedding she made sure we had every detail covered and having her made it so that the days leading up to the wedding I could relax and simply enjoy my time with friends and family. The day of while waiting to get ready I had several guests tell me I was the calmest bride they ever seen and that in large part was because I had Vanessa and I knew she had everything in order. During the wedding and reception she was attentive but gave me space to simply enjoy the day. She was always professional, always calm, always understanding and I highly highly recommend her - you and your wedding day will be thankful that you hired her!

Little Black Book Events's reply:

Jennifer I am so thrilled things turned out so well for you and Matt. It was such a pleasure working with you and I absolutely loved your boat wedding!
    Grace M. Married on 08/14/2020

A perfect wedding organized by the best planner

In terms of our wedding, Vanessa at Little Black Books was the best decision that my husband and I made (second only to marrying each other!). We were supposed to get married in May of 2020 and wound up married in August of 2020, and I never felt the need to panic because I knew Vanessa had it all under control. In countless instances, Vanessa used her incredibly calming, rational presence to help us work through the difficult challenges of getting married during a pandemic. She is fabulous with logistics, brilliant at thinking of things to make the event that much better (drink covers when you're getting married in a pandemic, a reusable straw the morning of the wedding so your lipstick doesn't get everywhere!), and a real joy to work with. Hire her. It will be your best wedding planning decision--and the rest, she'll handle.

Little Black Book Events's reply:

Grace & David - You will always have a special place in my heart as my first "COIVD" wedding. I know it wasn't an easy process, dealing with the numerous curveballs thrown your way. But in the end, the day was amazing and reflected the two of you beautifully. I am so incredibly happy for you and am grateful I got to know the two of you!
  • Candice
    Candice G. Married on 12/31/2019

Best Decision!

From start to finish LBB was PERFECT! We had heard of their services and I called her the day after we got engaged. She met with me on a Sunday night and immediately helped me plan next steps and make a play-by-play agenda for planning, which was important to me as a bride. Every step of the way Vanessa was there to not only remind me of pending deadlines, but to stay on track with my budget and also to keep me sane. On the day of she kept me calm and on schedule and if I ever get married again (lets hope not!) I would definitely use her again!

Little Black Book Events's reply:

Candice! One and done! I absolutely loved working with you and Ted. Such a beautiful day for a beautiful couple.
  • Rebecca
    Rebecca Married on 10/20/2019

One of our best decisions

Hiring Vanessa was one of the best decisions we made in the wedding planning process! Our attitude going in to planning was that we wanted to spend the wedding day enjoying our day, not worrying about the details, and Vanessa pulled this off flawlessly. From our initial consultations, to recommending vendors, to actually managing the day, she was so helpful and positive and fun to have helping us through the planning process. She kept us sane and made sure everything ran smoothly.

Little Black Book Events's reply:

Thanks, Rebecca! It was so great getting to know you and Ian. And I think you get the best wedding reception food award! Loved the pizza and loved you guys!
  • Michelle
    Michelle C. Married on 10/05/2019

Vanessa made sure our wedding weekend was perfect!

Vanessa was absolutely amazing and made our wedding run perfectly! We hired her for day-of coordination and she was in tune to all of our plans for the big day from the first minute we met her. It was so much more than just the "day of!" She made sure that the whole weekend was stress-free and impeccably planned! It was great to have someone who really listened to us and seemed to know exactly how to bring our ideas to life. We highly recommend working with LBB!

Little Black Book Events's reply:

Thanks so much, Michelle! I'm so glad you had the best day. You had such a wonderful crowd and you two looked amazing!
    Robyn S. Married on 08/31/2019

Vanessa is a joy to work with!

Vanessa was fantastic to work with! We hired her for day of wedding services and she made our day stress free. We met with Vanessa a couple of times before our big day and she was happy to send over recommendations for vendors and point us in the right direction. The day of everything moved smoothly and we didn't feel the need to follow up with Vanessa once. She had everything under control and exactly how we had envisioned/expected. It was almost like she wasn't there (in the best way possible :))!!

Little Black Book Events's reply:

I loved working with you Diego and little Mya! It was such a fun day and I'm so happy it turned out exactly how you wanted.
    Alyssa Married on 06/23/2019

LBB is the best!

Choosing to work with Vanessa of LBB as a day-of planner was the best decision! Her services went beyond just the day of to help recommend vendors, create a timeline, and be available to answer any questions we had. They day of, Vanessa's calm and organized presence ensured that things went out without a hitch.

Little Black Book Events's reply:

Thanks, Alyssa! You and Ari are such a sweet couple! And you guys looked amazing! I really enjoyed working with you and your family. I hope the day was everything you wanted. ❤️
    Adell C. Married on 06/01/2019

Wonderful!!

Where do we begin? Meeting Vanessa and Little Black Book was like a breath of fresh air. Coming off the heels of a terrible planner, we had honestly been scarred of planners but we knew that we needed the help. She was referred to us and when we met her we knew immediately that we were making the right decision. Vanessa has this keen sense for detail a great style a wonderful understanding and to be quite frank she knows what she is doing. It’s a lot of people out here who call themselves planners, But they are not they don’t care about what your needs are and they don’t have a great way of execution. Vanessa has great ideas but she does not push or impose her own things. She does make suggestions but leaves it to you! She delivers what you want and more. My wedding was a vision but she made it more of a dream that I never knew I had she exceeded my husband and my expectations. When there was conflict she handled it when they were issues with the vendors she handled it. Anything and everything that I needed positive or negative she was able to take care of it all. Everyone thinks they’re a planner but they are not they don’t care about what your needs are and they don’t have a great way of execution. Vanessa has great ideas she delivers what you want and more.
    Oh and she has a HUGE roladex of vendors and is able to make a budget work! She communicates very well! She is just amazing! I’d recommend little black book to anyone for any event!

Little Black Book Events's reply:

Oh wow! Thank you so much for those words Adell. This is exactly how we want our clients to feel...like we were able to bring their vision to life. So glad that we could do that for you and Mike. You are such a special couple. It was one of the most fun weddings I have!
    Amy C. Married on 05/25/2019

Great Team!

Vanessa and her team were outstanding! We had a large Indian wedding with around 300 guests. Vanessa was efficient and kept the day moving without any glitches. She also had a calm demeanor throughout our wedding process and the day of the event, which was greatly appreciated. I couldn't recommend her services enough!

Little Black Book Events's reply:

Thank you Amy! We are so glad we were able to help you and your guests have a smooth and enjoyable day!
  • Kate
    Kate Married on 05/18/2019

Huge help!

We worked with Jacqueline, and she was really great! She helped us for hte month up to the wedding, and created a day-of timeline for us. It was also really helpful to have her review all of our contracts and make sure we weren't missing anything before or after our wedding. She was a really steady presence for us and helped everyone stay calm (including my mom, which is a challenge!) I would highly recommend LBB and Jacqueline!

Little Black Book Events's reply:

Thank you for your review and recommendation Kate. It was a joy planning with you, Will and Susan. All the best!
    ~ Jacqueline
  • Vy
    Vy Married on 05/05/2019

Definitely worth it!

Vanessa was a really excellent day of coordinator for our early May wedding! As a bride to be I was a little nervous with the few weeks leading up to the wedding and Vanessa was so accommodating and patient with me. She answered my emails/texts promptly and was always very pleasant to work with. On the day of the wedding, everything went very smoothly all thanks to Vanessa in the background making it all come together! We had an amazing, unforgettable wedding and it was all due to Vanessa's help.

I got really lucky with finding Vanessa!!! She is worth the money.

Little Black Book Events's reply:

Aww you are so sweet!!! I’m so glad everything came together and it was the day you and Elliot wanted. So happy for you guys!
  • Lindsay
    Lindsay P. Married on 04/19/2019

Perfection!

Vanessa was a huge help from the very beginning, even when we had a few obstacles she was right there guiding us through. She was very flexible too! We are so happy we decided to hire her to help us through such a crazy and overwhelming process, she knows the ropes so we were able to just relax. Thank you Vanessa!!!

Little Black Book Events's reply:

It was so great working with you on your wedding. I absolutely loved how stylistically it really incorporated you and Kyle. It was gorgeous and so were you guys!!!
  • User4393035 2+ years ago

Best Money We Ever Spent

Wow, where can I even begin? Vanessa was the best money my wife (!!) and I have ever spent. Backstory- we’re both physicians who got engaged 4.5 years before our wedding and waited 3 years to start planning because we are busy, lazy, and had only very vague visions when it came to planning. Vanessa came along and not only did she make our dreams come true, she turned them from very blurry, nonspecific dreams into clear, perfect reality.

She is extremely organized: we told her at the beginning that we wouldn’t be good at keeping on task, what with our busy schedules. She kept us on task and everything was always done on time, in spite of us often dragging our feet or having limited availability. This was often because:

She goes above and beyond. She would run to the marriage license bureau for us, pick up all the alcohol for us, return the leftovers, and a bunch of other things that I can’t remember because Vanessa just took care of it. She clearly worked nights and weekends for us, which as doctors, we can appreciate.

She was super flexible: she met us wherever, whenever. She was ok with Venmo for lots of things which made things super easy. When we would decline the first set of options (venue, photo/video, flowers), she would look for more and not make us feel bad/guilty about it.

She is a great person: Vanessa really became our friend in this process. When other people stressed us out about not knowing our colors yet, etc, she reassured us. On the day of the wedding, she ran a smooth, but tight ship. Our photographer and videographer said she was the best wedding planner THEY’D ever worked with- she kept them updated as to the schedule because she knew photos and video were important to us, which our photo/video people said not all wedding planners do. All of our families loved her.

We really gave Vanessa very little in the way of direction or help, and she still gave us our dream wedding. At the end of the night, I (half) jokingly thanked her for letting us attend her wedding. In short, I could not recommend a better wedding planner in this life or the next. I’m almost regretting writing this review since we are actively handing out Vanessa’s info to everyone we know getting married and I want her to be available on their dates. She really is the best.

Little Black Book Events's reply:

Oh my goodness!!! I told you not to make me cry! It was great getting to know you both during the planning process. Thank you for trusting me to make it happen. Seeing the two of you totally in your element on your wedding day was the best thing ever!
  • heather k
    Heather Married on 02/23/2019

Can’t Say Enough Good Things!

Hiring a wedding planner (or day-of-coordinator) is THE most important decision you can make, and you cannot make a better choice than Vanessa of Little Black Book events! When people tell me how perfect my wedding was, I know it was all thank to her professionalism, experience, amazing network of vendors, creativity, and calmness. Words cannot express how grateful I am for Vanessa and Little Black Book events. Thanks for executing my my absolute dream wedding! My fairytale became reality...

Little Black Book Events's reply:

Thank you for your kind words Heather. It was such a pleasure helping you and Bryan create the perfect day. You looked GORGEOUS! And your old-school hip-hop loving crowd was the best!
    Tianna Married on 01/01/2019

Wedding in 2 Weeks!

I reached out to Little Black Book Events to book my small wedding. The added element was that we wanted to have it in two weeks from our call. Vanessa was more than up for the challenge. She got to work with finding a venue and vendors to make our day special. She kept me in the loop throughout the entire process and thought of things that we had missed. My wedding guests were so surprised to learn we planned the wedding with such short notice and so organized. The florist she suggested exceeded my expectations with my bouquet, and officiant was personable and very realistic for marriage values.
    I will definitely call on Vanessa and LBB Events when I am planning future events.
  • Ashley
    Ashley Married on 12/31/2018

Jacqueline and LBB gave us the Perfect wedding!!

We got engaged in early September 2018 and decided that we wanted a New Year's Eve brunch wedding in just 4 months! We spent almost every free moment planning the wedding together, locking down the big stuff: venue, dress, guest list, etc.. We were really enjoying collaborating and working together, but two months into our 4 month timeline we realized that we needed some help, especially for the final push. We did our research for planners, narrowed down the list, and interviewed the planners at the top of our list. We immediately connected with Jacqueline - her extensive experience and calm demeanor, so we decided to go with LBB!

We were less than 60 days out from our wedding date and we still needed to come up with a design/décor plan including floral and rentals and several other final touches, which included finding and booking our officiant (who was a referral from Jacqueline). So we ended up booking the “month of” planner services plus design to get us to the finish line. There were endless meetings and phone calls and small decisions that needed to be made before our big day. Plus, we wanted to enjoy our wedding day and we were looking for someone to handle everything on that day…every phone call, text, confirmation, question, issues, etc.

Jacqueline and her small team were incredible! The final product was amazing and the day of our wedding, we noticed all sorts of small surprises and details that LBB managed to incorporate. Our wedding was the most enjoyable day of our lives so far. We are so happy we were able to work with her and we heartily recommend Jacqueline and Little Black Book for wedding planning and wedding day execution.

It's taken us exactly a year to get this review written because life has come at us fast! But even a year later, we still appreciate the incredible care we received for such an important day.

Little Black Book Events's reply:

It was a pleasure working with Max and Ashley. They had a specific vision for their wedding event and we were honored to help them bring it to fruition. We’ll take this caliber of review any day. Happy Anniversary!!!
    ~ Jacqueline