Little Black Book Events Reviews

46 | Washington, DC

46 Reviews for Little Black Book Events

Jeremy Attermann · Getting married on 05/12/2021

Vanessa helped make our wedding the experience we wanted it to be

Vanessa was amazing! We had a fairly large wedding (250 people) and we had a lot of moving parts. My now wife and I wanted to make this wedding feel like "ours", and Vanessa was in-step with us the entire time providing really great feedback and advice. Going into the week of and weekend of our wedding, there were definitely some things my wife and i had meant to do but hadn't gotten around to doing them. Vanessa and her team stepped-up to the plate and made sure our wedding day was an amazing time. She was also so incredibly supportive day-of the wedding--despite having so much to coordinate and do (many of which I'm probably not even aware of myself), she consistently checked-in with us to make sure we were doing ok. I would highly recommend!!!!

Sent on 01/01/2020

Little Black Book Events's reply:

You guys made it so easy to work with you! I'm thrilled everything turned out the way you envisioned. And you had such a fun crowd of guests! So glad it was the day you wanted. :)

Adam Martin · Getting married on 03/04/2021

On The Ball!!!

Vanessa and Little Black Book Events seamlessly transitioned into the role of our day-of coordinator. She was responsive, showed initiative, and demonstrated her expertise in attention to detail. Many of our guests lauded our wedding as the best they had ever been to. We highly recommend her for your wedding and other events!

Sent on 05/03/2019

Little Black Book Events's reply:

Your wedding was pretty awesome. :) Thank you so much for the kind words. Your bridal party ceremony entrance was hands down the best I have ever witnessed! Thank you for letting me play a small part in your special day.
  • R Kirk

R Kirk Mcpike · Getting married on 02/10/2021

Vanessa made our wedding so easy!

We were about halfway through planning our wedding when we reached out to Vanessa, and all we can say is that we wish we had contacted her sooner! Her professionalism, efficiency and knowledge made bringing our wedding together so much easier than it could have been. Vanessa was patient and understanding when we ran into obstacles, and quick with ideas that helped us save time and money. She stayed with us every step of the way, and made our wedding an incredible day. She is very responsive and creative. If you’re looking for help planning and pulling together your wedding, we can’t recommend Vanessa enough.

Sent on 02/23/2020

Little Black Book Events's reply:

Jason and Kirk!!! What can I even say? I love you guys and I'm so happy the day turned out beautifully. Glad I can call you both and Punky friends!!!
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 10/24/2020

Vanessa was amazing!!!!

Vanessa was absolutely amazing!! I was looking for a wedding planner that was local to where we were getting married (DC area) since we lived in PA. I interviewed a few planners and Vanessa seemed professional, knowledgeable, organized and very calm. From the beginning she was very reachable, timely in responding to me, extremely organized and on top of all the details. She let me handle the details I wanted to and took care of all the things I didn't want to deal with myself. A little over a month before the wedding my reception venue canceled due to COVID and Vanessa was calm, reassuring and confident in the hours following assuring me we would find a solution and then she set out helping me find a new venue - a venue that turned out to be even better than what we originally had planned. The weeks leading up to the wedding she made sure we had every detail covered and having her made it so that the days leading up to the wedding I could relax and simply enjoy my time with friends and family. The day of while waiting to get ready I had several guests tell me I was the calmest bride they ever seen and that in large part was because I had Vanessa and I knew she had everything in order. During the wedding and reception she was attentive but gave me space to simply enjoy the day. She was always professional, always calm, always understanding and I highly highly recommend her - you and your wedding day will be thankful that you hired her!

Sent on 10/18/2020

Little Black Book Events's reply:

Jennifer I am so thrilled things turned out so well for you and Matt. It was such a pleasure working with you and I absolutely loved your boat wedding!

Grace McNamee · Married on 08/14/2020

A perfect wedding organized by the best planner

In terms of our wedding, Vanessa at Little Black Books was the best decision that my husband and I made (second only to marrying each other!). We were supposed to get married in May of 2020 and wound up married in August of 2020, and I never felt the need to panic because I knew Vanessa had it all under control. In countless instances, Vanessa used her incredibly calming, rational presence to help us work through the difficult challenges of getting married during a pandemic. She is fabulous with logistics, brilliant at thinking of things to make the event that much better (drink covers when you're getting married in a pandemic, a reusable straw the morning of the wedding so your lipstick doesn't get everywhere!), and a real joy to work with. Hire her. It will be your best wedding planning decision--and the rest, she'll handle.

Sent on 08/23/2020

Little Black Book Events's reply:

Grace & David - You will always have a special place in my heart as my first "COIVD" wedding. I know it wasn't an easy process, dealing with the numerous curveballs thrown your way. But in the end, the day was amazing and reflected the two of you beautifully. I am so incredibly happy for you and am grateful I got to know the two of you!
  • Candice

Candice Geller · Married on 12/31/2019

Best Decision!

From start to finish LBB was PERFECT! We had heard of their services and I called her the day after we got engaged. She met with me on a Sunday night and immediately helped me plan next steps and make a play-by-play agenda for planning, which was important to me as a bride. Every step of the way Vanessa was there to not only remind me of pending deadlines, but to stay on track with my budget and also to keep me sane. On the day of she kept me calm and on schedule and if I ever get married again (lets hope not!) I would definitely use her again!

Sent on 09/22/2020

Little Black Book Events's reply:

Candice! One and done! I absolutely loved working with you and Ted. Such a beautiful day for a beautiful couple.
  • Rebecca

Rebecca · Married on 10/20/2019

One of our best decisions

Hiring Vanessa was one of the best decisions we made in the wedding planning process! Our attitude going in to planning was that we wanted to spend the wedding day enjoying our day, not worrying about the details, and Vanessa pulled this off flawlessly. From our initial consultations, to recommending vendors, to actually managing the day, she was so helpful and positive and fun to have helping us through the planning process. She kept us sane and made sure everything ran smoothly.

Sent on 11/14/2019

Little Black Book Events's reply:

Thanks, Rebecca! It was so great getting to know you and Ian. And I think you get the best wedding reception food award! Loved the pizza and loved you guys!
  • Michelle

Michelle Curth · Married on 10/05/2019

Vanessa made sure our wedding weekend was perfect!

Vanessa was absolutely amazing and made our wedding run perfectly! We hired her for day-of coordination and she was in tune to all of our plans for the big day from the first minute we met her. It was so much more than just the "day of!" She made sure that the whole weekend was stress-free and impeccably planned! It was great to have someone who really listened to us and seemed to know exactly how to bring our ideas to life. We highly recommend working with LBB!

Sent on 10/20/2019

Little Black Book Events's reply:

Thanks so much, Michelle! I'm so glad you had the best day. You had such a wonderful crowd and you two looked amazing!

Robyn Spence · Married on 08/31/2019

Vanessa is a joy to work with!

Vanessa was fantastic to work with! We hired her for day of wedding services and she made our day stress free. We met with Vanessa a couple of times before our big day and she was happy to send over recommendations for vendors and point us in the right direction. The day of everything moved smoothly and we didn't feel the need to follow up with Vanessa once. She had everything under control and exactly how we had envisioned/expected. It was almost like she wasn't there (in the best way possible :))!!

Sent on 09/11/2019

Little Black Book Events's reply:

I loved working with you Diego and little Mya! It was such a fun day and I'm so happy it turned out exactly how you wanted.

Alyssa · Married on 06/23/2019

LBB is the best!

Choosing to work with Vanessa of LBB as a day-of planner was the best decision! Her services went beyond just the day of to help recommend vendors, create a timeline, and be available to answer any questions we had. They day of, Vanessa's calm and organized presence ensured that things went out without a hitch.

Sent on 07/02/2019

Little Black Book Events's reply:

Thanks, Alyssa! You and Ari are such a sweet couple! And you guys looked amazing! I really enjoyed working with you and your family. I hope the day was everything you wanted. ❤️

Adell Coleman · Married on 06/01/2019

Wonderful!!

Where do we begin? Meeting Vanessa and Little Black Book was like a breath of fresh air. Coming off the heels of a terrible planner, we had honestly been scarred of planners but we knew that we needed the help. She was referred to us and when we met her we knew immediately that we were making the right decision. Vanessa has this keen sense for detail a great style a wonderful understanding and to be quite frank she knows what she is doing. It’s a lot of people out here who call themselves planners, But they are not they don’t care about what your needs are and they don’t have a great way of execution. Vanessa has great ideas but she does not push or impose her own things. She does make suggestions but leaves it to you! She delivers what you want and more. My wedding was a vision but she made it more of a dream that I never knew I had she exceeded my husband and my expectations. When there was conflict she handled it when they were issues with the vendors she handled it. Anything and everything that I needed positive or negative she was able to take care of it all. Everyone thinks they’re a planner but they are not they don’t care about what your needs are and they don’t have a great way of execution. Vanessa has great ideas she delivers what you want and more.
    Oh and she has a HUGE roladex of vendors and is able to make a budget work! She communicates very well! She is just amazing! I’d recommend little black book to anyone for any event!

Sent on 06/14/2019

Little Black Book Events's reply:

Oh wow! Thank you so much for those words Adell. This is exactly how we want our clients to feel...like we were able to bring their vision to life. So glad that we could do that for you and Mike. You are such a special couple. It was one of the most fun weddings I have!

Amy Chan · Married on 05/25/2019

Great Team!

Vanessa and her team were outstanding! We had a large Indian wedding with around 300 guests. Vanessa was efficient and kept the day moving without any glitches. She also had a calm demeanor throughout our wedding process and the day of the event, which was greatly appreciated. I couldn't recommend her services enough!

Sent on 06/05/2019

Little Black Book Events's reply:

Thank you Amy! We are so glad we were able to help you and your guests have a smooth and enjoyable day!
  • Kate

Kate · Married on 05/18/2019

Huge help!

We worked with Jacqueline, and she was really great! She helped us for hte month up to the wedding, and created a day-of timeline for us. It was also really helpful to have her review all of our contracts and make sure we weren't missing anything before or after our wedding. She was a really steady presence for us and helped everyone stay calm (including my mom, which is a challenge!) I would highly recommend LBB and Jacqueline!

Sent on 06/03/2019

Little Black Book Events's reply:

Thank you for your review and recommendation Kate. It was a joy planning with you, Will and Susan. All the best!
    ~ Jacqueline
  • Vy

Vy · Married on 05/05/2019

Definitely worth it!

Vanessa was a really excellent day of coordinator for our early May wedding! As a bride to be I was a little nervous with the few weeks leading up to the wedding and Vanessa was so accommodating and patient with me. She answered my emails/texts promptly and was always very pleasant to work with. On the day of the wedding, everything went very smoothly all thanks to Vanessa in the background making it all come together! We had an amazing, unforgettable wedding and it was all due to Vanessa's help.

I got really lucky with finding Vanessa!!! She is worth the money.

Sent on 05/28/2019

Little Black Book Events's reply:

Aww you are so sweet!!! I’m so glad everything came together and it was the day you and Elliot wanted. So happy for you guys!
  • Lindsay

Lindsay Petrick · Married on 04/19/2019

Perfection!

Vanessa was a huge help from the very beginning, even when we had a few obstacles she was right there guiding us through. She was very flexible too! We are so happy we decided to hire her to help us through such a crazy and overwhelming process, she knows the ropes so we were able to just relax. Thank you Vanessa!!!

Sent on 06/03/2019

Little Black Book Events's reply:

It was so great working with you on your wedding. I absolutely loved how stylistically it really incorporated you and Kyle. It was gorgeous and so were you guys!!!
  • heather k

heather k · Married on 02/23/2019

Can’t Say Enough Good Things!

Hiring a wedding planner (or day-of-coordinator) is THE most important decision you can make, and you cannot make a better choice than Vanessa of Little Black Book events! When people tell me how perfect my wedding was, I know it was all thank to her professionalism, experience, amazing network of vendors, creativity, and calmness. Words cannot express how grateful I am for Vanessa and Little Black Book events. Thanks for executing my my absolute dream wedding! My fairytale became reality...

Sent on 03/09/2019

Little Black Book Events's reply:

Thank you for your kind words Heather. It was such a pleasure helping you and Bryan create the perfect day. You looked GORGEOUS! And your old-school hip-hop loving crowd was the best!

Tianna · Married on 01/01/2019

Wedding in 2 Weeks!

I reached out to Little Black Book Events to book my small wedding. The added element was that we wanted to have it in two weeks from our call. Vanessa was more than up for the challenge. She got to work with finding a venue and vendors to make our day special. She kept me in the loop throughout the entire process and thought of things that we had missed. My wedding guests were so surprised to learn we planned the wedding with such short notice and so organized. The florist she suggested exceeded my expectations with my bouquet, and officiant was personable and very realistic for marriage values.
    I will definitely call on Vanessa and LBB Events when I am planning future events.

Sent on 01/15/2019
  • Tyler

Tyler Glotfelty · Married on 12/31/2018

An amazing organizer who can adapt to meet any challenge!

Vanessa is an incredibly organized and professional coordinator, and working with her was an absolute pleasure from start to finish. She can handle any curve ball thrown at you before or during your big day, and she will handle those situations with tact and grace. She allowed my wife and I to have a truly unforgettable experience on our wedding day, free from the stress of worrying about vendors, decorations, gifts and keeping to our timeline. Most importantly, she will work with you months in advance to nail down all the details of your wedding day and ensure that nothing is overlooked. In short, Vanessa was invaluable to us and I'm certain she'll be invaluable to you.

Sent on 01/10/2019
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 12/31/2018

Jacqueline and LBB gave us the Perfect wedding!!

We got engaged in early September 2018 and decided that we wanted a New Year's Eve brunch wedding in just 4 months! We spent almost every free moment planning the wedding together, locking down the big stuff: venue, dress, guest list, etc.. We were really enjoying collaborating and working together, but two months into our 4 month timeline we realized that we needed some help, especially for the final push. We did our research for planners, narrowed down the list, and interviewed the planners at the top of our list. We immediately connected with Jacqueline - her extensive experience and calm demeanor, so we decided to go with LBB!

We were less than 60 days out from our wedding date and we still needed to come up with a design/décor plan including floral and rentals and several other final touches, which included finding and booking our officiant (who was a referral from Jacqueline). So we ended up booking the “month of” planner services plus design to get us to the finish line. There were endless meetings and phone calls and small decisions that needed to be made before our big day. Plus, we wanted to enjoy our wedding day and we were looking for someone to handle everything on that day…every phone call, text, confirmation, question, issues, etc.

Jacqueline and her small team were incredible! The final product was amazing and the day of our wedding, we noticed all sorts of small surprises and details that LBB managed to incorporate. Our wedding was the most enjoyable day of our lives so far. We are so happy we were able to work with her and we heartily recommend Jacqueline and Little Black Book for wedding planning and wedding day execution.

It's taken us exactly a year to get this review written because life has come at us fast! But even a year later, we still appreciate the incredible care we received for such an important day.

Sent on 12/31/2019

Little Black Book Events's reply:

It was a pleasure working with Max and Ashley. They had a specific vision for their wedding event and we were honored to help them bring it to fruition. We’ll take this caliber of review any day. Happy Anniversary!!!
    ~ Jacqueline

Laura · Married on 11/11/2018

Vanessa was amazing -- would highly recommend her to everyone!!

Vanessa did a fantastic job as our day-of coordinator for our wedding and her price was so reasonable compared to some of the other coordinators we had contacted for quotes! She was incredibly responsive during the planning stages when we had small questions, and always had great suggestions and was so helpful in finalizing all the details for the celebration. During the wedding she was great and handled everything without a hitch, so I didn’t have to worry about anything! There were so many moving parts and things to coordinate, and she handled it all flawlessly without hesitation. We couldn’t have done it without her, and would highly recommend her services to anyone. Thank you so much, Vanessa, for helping us have a fantastic and perfectly-run celebration!

Sent on 11/20/2018

Kristian H · Married on 10/21/2018

Vanessa is AMAZING!!

Vanessa was amazing! She took so much stress off of my plate and went above and beyond to do things that a typical coordinator wouldn't do. I walked into my wedding, and everything was beautiful. She set-up the ceremony space, our after reception small bites, and our welcome table. After the wedding, she broke everything down, packed it into her car, and dropped it off to me. She was a dream!

Sent on 10/31/2018

Georgia Anne Wright · Married on 09/28/2018

Best money we spent

Working with Vanessa at Little Black Book Events was the best decision we made during the entire wedding process. Vanessa was our day of coordinator, and I have said time and time again that hiring her was the best money we spent on the wedding. Initially, we weren’t going to hire a day of coordinator, but after hearing many times how much easier it made the day, we looked into it.

We found Vanessa through a recommendation from our wedding venue. After meeting her for coffee, we knew she was a great fit. Vanessa is so easy to work with. She is professional, easy going, but gets so much. I found her particularly helpful because I was the first of my friends to get married, and was completely uneducated about the smaller details of a wedding. Vanessa was able to answer all of our questions about the process, gave us creative ideas to personalize the day, and served as a wealth of knowledge.

Closer to the day, Vanessa gathered all of our vendor contracts and reached out about arrival times and other organizational details. She served as the point of contact for all of these people which was unbelievably helpful. On the day, Vanessa did all the behind the scenes work to make sure the day went off without a hitch. If we had any kind of issue, we were able to tell Vanessa about it and it was taken care of. Having Vanessa there lowered the stress level, and allowed everyone to concentrate on enjoying themselves. If she hadn’t been there we would have been consumed by all the small things that no one ever tells you about. From making sure the DJ is set up in the correct place, to setting up the welcome table, Vanessa saved us time and memories. If we didn’t have Vanessa, those smaller details would have rested with me or my mother. Instead, we were able to enjoy the day as a celebration, not a checklist of tasks to get done. My mom still comments that she wishes she could have a Vanessa in everyday life. Hiring Vanessa was by far the best investment we made on the wedding, and I could not recommend her enough.

Sent on 11/24/2018

ANDREW · Married on 09/08/2018

Vanessa was the planner for our wedding recently and she was amazing. She is congenial, responsive and was a joy to work with. We were extremely pleased with everything and we highly, highly recommend her!

Sent on 10/04/2018

Julie · Married on 09/07/2018

We could not be happier with our services from Little Black Book!! Vanessa was my day of wedding coordinator and she went above and beyond with her services. She helped me before the wedding to make sure I took care of every detail and she personally helped me with the stress that comes with wedding planning! Vanessa is extremely friendly and professional and I can honestly say that my wedding wouldn't have been as successful without her. I highly recommend her to any bride that needs support with wedding planning!!!

Sent on 09/16/2018