LG Event Design Reviews

LG Event Design 7
  • Saisha

Saisha Ishag-Osman · Married on 08/02/2019

The MVP: Most Valuable Planner

Lisa is absolutely phenomenal! We’re so grateful that we had her as a wedding planner throughout this entire wedding planning process. Anything we ever needed and more, she was there. She was exceptional with handling all communication with us and our vendors. She even jumped in and helped with communicating with family members that were coming out of town so that we wouldn’t feel overwhelmed. She’s very organized and personable, you can have confidence that she always has your best interest at heart. She has gone above and beyond from attending the bridal shower to making sure that we had all the little things (that we wouldn’t even think of) in care packages for the two of us, for the day of the wedding! To our surprise, she was even our graphic designer haha. Two weeks before the wedding we decided that we wanted fans for the ceremony programs since the ceremony would be outside and she volunteered to do them! I mean how amazing is that?! She is just the best! Our wedding day was absolutely magical! We tell everyone how we could live that day over and over again without changing a thing and we know a lot of that has to do with all the hard work that was put in before that day to make sure everything went great and Lisa did an exceptional job with preparing us, our vendors and family for it. She made sure not one single detail was missed! She truly put our minds at ease. Anyone that needs an event planner, without any hesitation, we are referring them to Lisa right away as we know they’ll be in great hands!

Sent on 08/21/2019
    LG Event Design 19
    LG Event Design 20
    LG Event Design 21

Amanda Moehr · Married on 06/21/2019

LG Events helped make our wedding day unforgettable.

You truly don't understand the amount of work that goes into planning a wedding until you begin the process. Lisa was hired as our planner for day-of services but her services went beyond our expectations. When planning a wedding, there is aways budget to consider and LG Events was extremely affordable. Lisa managed all of our contracts with the vendors, met with us a few times out of the year to run through prioritized to-do lists, provided great suggestions and recommendations anywhere from linen rentals to simple set up ideas. We needed someone who could take our vision and bring it to life. We needed someone who could run-show, make quick decisions and handle the behind the scene things that you wouldn't know about as a guest. We highly recommend using a wedding planner and we highly recommend LG Events.

Sent on 07/04/2019
    LG Event Design 33
    LG Event Design 34
    LG Event Design 35

LG Event Design's reply:

Thank you, Amanda!! Your wedding was SO much fun - we loved getting to know your friends and family and bringing your vision to reality!! : ) Gorgeous photos!!

Christina Farley · Married on 05/18/2019

The Perfect Planner for the Best Day Ever!

When people tell you that hiring a wedding planner was the best money they ever spent or that it was worth every penny, I believe it to be true. When people tell you that hiring Lisa as your wedding planner was the best money ever spent or that it was worth every penny, I KNOW it to be true.

I started at the Ford Field bridal show. I just snagged as many fliers as I could there. After sorting through them days later, I put the few "wedding planner" cards off to the side. At that time, I did not think I would need one, nor was I in the market for one. As our big day, May 18th, 2019, approached, I started to realize all the details that needed to go into the day to make it run seamlessly and perfectly: all the different vendors, decorations, locations, timing. Frankly, I didn't want to have to worry about them on the day I was to marry my best friend. I also wanted my family and friends to be able to enjoy the day WITH ME.

I had two appointments scheduled the day my (now) husband and I decided to "shop" for coordinators. Lisa was our first. Needless to say, we did not even need the second appointment because we instantly clicked with Lisa. She took the entire appointment to get to know us, our family & friends, our vision, and our wants and needs.

We booked her as our "day of" coordinator but she did so much more. All of our contracts for different vendors were sent to her, we had numerous in person and phone meetings, she put an OCD-soothing timeline together, double/triple checked vendor times & locations, and the list goes on. She even came to our wedding shower to meet all the "key people" (parents, bridal party, our "Executive Ring Bearer", etc.).

She made us feel special by posting on social media, "shouting us out", leading up to the big day. After coordinating our rehearsal/rehearsal dinner and accommodating all of our quirky requests, Lisa assured us that we were ready to say "I do!". When the big day arrived, I knew I had my go-to girl for everything.

She started the day early with visits to us girls & the guys. She picked up breakfast for us (with an included stop to Meijer for fruit), kept us on track, and calmed nerves from ANYONE as needed. She set up, transferred, tore down, made our hotel room cute and cozy, & even made sure I took my bc pill (haha)! She has everything you need on hand (or in apron) should a hiccup come up!

To be honest, I'm not even sure if anything did go wrong that day... as she took care of it prior to it coming to my attention. Myself, my husband, our family, friends, and guests were able to enjoy every second of the day and embrace what the day was really about.

Lisa, THANK YOU for your professionalism, kindness, attention to detail, calming yet assertive presence, and so much more. I feel like I made a great friend & look forward to working with you in the future!

❣ xoxo,

LG Event Design 38
    LG Event Design 39
    LG Event Design 40

LG Event Design's reply:

Christina, this is so thoughtful - thank you for being so wonderful to work with. We had a blast celebrating you and Tommy and can't wait to see the rest of the photos! Congrats again!
  • Lauren

Lauren Lubera · Married on 10/13/2018

Working with LG Event Design was an absolute dream!

I knew from our initial consultation that Lisa was truly committed to making our wedding a perfect reflection of us. She eliminated all of the anticipated stress by connecting us with high quality, reliable vendors that understood our vision (even when I decided to get a videographer 5 days before the wedding!). She created a timeline to help us navigate the big decisions that needed to be made and was respectful of our wedding budget. Lisa managed all communication with the venue, our vendors, hotel, transportation and bridal party to create a seamless day of timeline. I can't even describe the sense of relief I felt having her present the day of the wedding! I was able to enjoy every second of the day while Lisa made the entire plan come to life. She was prepared for every scenario that could've possibly taken place the day of and came to the rescue anytime my husband and I had a special request. I wanted a classic, elegant wedding celebration to look back on. What Lisa delivered was beyond my expectations!

Sent on 12/27/2018

LG Event Design's reply:

Thank you so much, Lauren! You were also a dream to work with! :) It was such a pleasure working with you and your family - can't wait to plan another party together!

Lindsay Plummer · Married on 09/07/2018

Best Decision!

I can’t even begin to say how amazing lisa was to work with!! Not only did she make the day of my wedding stress free but the events leading up to the wedding she was amazing as well. Even though I only had lisa as my “Day of coordinator” she went above and beyond before the wedding as well. From giving suggestions and advice to checking in with vendos before the wedding, she was organized and helpful through all of it . I would HIGHLY recommend her to anybody considering a day of planner.

Sent on 10/26/2018

LG Event Design's reply:

Thank you for your kind words, Lindsay!! It was so much fun working with you, your friends and family, and there is nothing better than hearing that you had the best time ever!! Congratulations to you and Kelley - wishing you many years of love and happiness!

Perry · Married on 08/18/2018

Simply put, Lisa at LG Events is by far the best wedding coordinator I've ever worked with. Her attention to detail is incredible and her professionalism is unsurpassed. It's plain to see after working with her on numerous wedding's that she truly cares about each & every client & the success of their wedding. Call her for your next wedding or event. You'll be very glad you did!

Sent on 08/21/2018

LG Event Design's reply:

Thank you, Perry! We LOVE working with you and can't wait until our next event together!

Dana · Married on 08/04/2018

Lisa is THE best! She was my Day of Coordinator and set the tone with all vendors and even the Groomsmen! She thought of every little detail and made sure my day ran perfectly. Thank you, Lisa!

Sent on 10/02/2018

LG Event Design's reply:

Thank you, Dana! Your wedding was the best - it was such a pleasure working with you and your amazing family! ; )

Pamela · Married on 07/21/2018

If you choose Lisa from LG Events you’re already a winner!! Intent on creating your vision with the utmost style, creativity, organization & professionalism ever! We were blessed to have her as an integral part of our day. Still have guests raving about every detail. She’s the best out there!!

Sent on 07/25/2018
    LG Event Design 41
    LG Event Design 42
    LG Event Design 43
    LG Event Design 44

LG Event Design's reply:

Thank you so much, Pam! We had the best time ever celebrating with you - it didn't even feel like work! : )

Alexandria · Married on 06/09/2018

Lisa was so helpful for our day of. She helped my Harry Potter themed wedding flow. I didn’t have to worry much on the day of because Lisa handled it all. From missing boutineers to missing place cards she handled it. She also set up all of my centerpieces and decorations! My husband and i were very pleased with her service.

Sent on 06/11/2018
    LG Event Design 45

LG Event Design's reply:

Thanks, Alex! We're so glad we could take the stress off of you and give you time to enjoy your big day. Harry Potter would have been proud!! : )
  • W

william · Married on 06/09/2018

We had Lisa for a wedding planner, we were very pleased with her work she was very professional and organized. She did a great job when late in the game the ceremony had to be moved inside due to rain. Everything went smoothly because of her she's worth every penny!!

Sent on 06/20/2018
    LG Event Design 46

LG Event Design's reply:

Thank you, William! It was so much fun working with you and your family - we appreciate your kind words! : )

Beth · Married on 12/09/2017

As a former wedding planner, hiring Lisa was the best money we spent! She was extremely organized, professional and helped make my daughter’s wedding day stress free! Highly recommend her!!

Sent on 12/20/2017
    LG Event Design 47

LG Event Design's reply:

Thank you, Beth! It was such a pleasure working with you and your family! Look at this awesome photo!! Can't wait to see the rest!

Becky · Married on 09/08/2017

Lisa of LG Event Design went above and beyond our expectations! I cannot recommend her enough!

Sent on 12/31/2017

LG Event Design's reply:

Thank you, Becky! It was so wonderful working with you!

Danielle · Married on 08/26/2017

BEST WEDDING PLANNER EVER! Lisa kept me sane through an over year long process and made the wedding of our dreams a reality. She took care of everything, and when I say everything, I mean down to the smallest details...EVERYTHING. She made my life so easy. Not only did she make this enjoyable because she organize, makes awesome wedding binders and has the ability to keep anyone on track, but she is an amazing person. She was so patient with me when I changed my mind a hundred times and freaked out about spacing for the seating chart. On top of that, she is funny and easy to love. She also has a kick ass DJ/MC connection, along with many other vendor contacts...but seriously we had the best DJ/MC, probably ever. The day of went like clockwork, and if anything did go wrong, Lisa just took care of it without me even knowing. It was a stress free day and I had time to concentrate on the things that really mattered. I would, and have recommended her to all my friends, even the ones that are not engaged yet. HIRE HER!!! IT IS 100% WORTH IT!

Sent on 09/07/2017

LG Event Design's reply:

Thank you, Danielle! Your wedding was so much fun - I think the entire guest list would agree! :)

Denise · Married on 06/27/2015

What’s your favorite “dance” song, the one that makes you leap from your seat? What’s your favorite “love” song? Are you remembering when you met? What’s your favorite color? What memories does it bring? What’s your favorite dish? Can you smell the delicious aromas? What fashion statement would make you feel like royalty? Do you see it in your mind’s eye? Now imagine that one gifted woman could combine all of these, and more, into the most special event of your life … Lisa Gebhardt is that woman.

We’ve had the privilege of working with Lisa only once – a formal event with nearly 200 guests – but it won’t be our last. It was the best hosting experience we’ve had in 35 years.

There may not be enough superlatives and adjectives to describe her and the service we received. “First class” and “magnificent” immediately leap to mind, as do “expert,” “professional” and “caring.” Her imagination is boundless, her work ethic is incomparable and her sense of humor is endearing. Lisa actually listens and then conjures up exactly what was expressed as to color, flowers, décor, the whole shebang. With her endless supply of literally anything event-related, Lisa makes suggestions but never pushes, and yet she makes sure that the end result is perfectly coordinated with every detail attended to. Because of her hard work, my husband and I were truly able to relax somewhat and enjoy the event.

We’re already planning an all-out extravaganza for our 40th wedding anniversary in 2019. Without Lisa … well, we don’t even want to consider it. If you’re planning an event of any kind, either business or personal – a party, a wedding, a shower – run, don’t walk, to Lisa. Part visionary, part gifted designer and part shrink, Lisa Gebhardt will make your dreams come true.

Sent on 03/19/2017

LG Event Design's reply:

Thank you so much! Can't wait to work with you again! : )

Catherine · Married on 12/31/2016

I know budgeting for a wedding is hard, but I cannot stress enough the importance of having a wedding planner - especially for brides planning in their hometown out-of-town. Even if you can't afford full-service, you need a day of coordinator to give yourself and your family/friends a break to enjoy the day.
    There is a reason why our wedding was the event of the 2016 holiday season, the event of the universe, the event that I could never have fathomed even as someone in marketing because there is a space reserved for extremely talented and professional women like Lisa Gebhardt of LG Event Design who deal with brides as their profession. Frankly, I believe she deserves a gold medal. Because words are used that sound like a made-up language, flowers exist that I could never find at a florist even with a map and picture-guide, and things come together on Pinterest, but for the most part, Pinterest is a big fat lie. I would never have known this without having the very best in the metro-Detroit industry as our wedding planner which we weren't sure was a necessary expense - oh, but how she was the Wedding Fairy Godmother. Everyone knew her as 'Lisa Wedding Wonder'. My indisputably talented wedding planner made every part of wedding planning process a dream. She knows the ins for the majority of vendors within the Metro Detroit area. The love for her by the biggest and best in the industry even got as extras and discounts for going through her. I said 'New Year's Eve', she said, 'make it art deco/Jazz Age. Think Gatsby'. I said 'nothing less than fabulous', and she said 'brand it with style'. No matter what wedding or event you are having, you'd be wise to use Lisa Gebhardt of LG Event Design to plan it because this wedding was everything even Disney could never help me dream of, and I could not adore her more for making things happen during a tough 2016 year as she had.
    She gives a personal touch to her professional and spectacular final product.

Sent on 03/28/2017

LG Event Design's reply:

Thank you, Catherine! Your wedding was truly unforgettable - the perfect way to ring in 2017!