Legacy Weddings Reviews

71 | Leesburg, VA

71 Reviews for Legacy Weddings

Amy · Married on 08/07/2011

We absolutely loved working with Suzanne! She was such a joy to work. Suzanne was our day of wedding planner and officiant. She did an amazing job with both. From the very beginning, I could tell that Suzanne is an incredible person and that she truly loves what she does. Suzanne is such a cheerful, kind, helpful, and flexible person.
    Suzanne was always there to give me advice, answer my questions, and help with anything I needed. Even though Suzanne was my day of planner, she started getting ready for the wedding and working with me a month before our big day. She met with me to go over all of the details and make sure everything was in order. She contacted the vendors, created a wedding day timeline, and a vendor contact list. Suzanne did a wonderful job organizing and guiding us through the wedding rehearsal.
    On our wedding day, Suzanne did an incredible job with making sure we had the wedding of our dreams. She coordinated with all of our vendors and took care of all aspects of our wedding. She kept us informed about everything that was happening and kept us on schedule with our timeline. Suzanne's daughter, Sydney, also helped during our wedding. Sydney was a joy to work with. She is kind, friendly, and helpful.
    Suzanne was an amazing officiant. She performed such a wonderful ceremony. Her sincerity, kindness, and cheerfulness definitely shined through. She kept all of our guests engaged throughout the entire ceremony.
    Suzanne did such an amazing and incredible job planning and officiating our wedding. We can not thank her enough for everything she did for us. I could not have planned our wedding without all her help and hard work. We could not have asked for a better planner and officiant. She greatly exceeded all of our expectations. I will definitely miss working with her. Suzanne is awesome! :o)

Sent on 09/25/2011
  • Renee'

Renee' · Married on 06/04/2011

Suzanne with Legacy weddings was amazing. She made everything so easy and our wedding was perfect!

Sent on 06/11/2011

Ashley · Married on 04/17/2011

Suzanne was amazing! I hired her as my day of wedding coordinator and my officiant. She was professional and easy to work with. She was the only officiant who made me feel at ease and comfortable, which is important! Her ceremony was lovely and she was flexible with letting us change anything we wanted and have readings that meant something to us. She also did most of the set up for us at the reception, which was very helpful, as I was taking photos and didn’t have to worry at all about getting things set up. She made sure everything ran perfectly on time and was constantly checking in to ask if we needed anything. She also helped with clean up and made sure that my family got everything they were supposed to. When an item got left at the venue (due to the venue’s fault), she went back and picked it up for us and held it until after our honeymoon – well beyond the call of duty! I would recommend her without reservation!

Sent on 05/23/2011

Kathleen · Married on 03/19/2011

Working with Suzanne Fox in the planning and coordination of my daughter’s wedding was an absolute pleasure. Indeed my only regret is that I have only one daughter because it would have been a pleasure to plan several more weddings with Suzanne. She is highly professional and extremely personable and the combination not only results in a memorable and elegant wedding event but also helps greatly reduce the pre-wedding angst and stress experienced by most brides and mothers-of-the-bride. Suzanne provided me with excellent advice in terms of vendors and reception site selection which not only helped in terms of quality of product and service but also in terms of cost value. Suzanne also helped with even the minute details such as in the selection of a unique cake topper. On the day of the wedding, Suzanne handled all the coordination with the florist, the photographer, and baker and had everything arranged perfectly at Weddings at Wirt where the wedding ceremony was held. While the bride and her friends were getting dressed and photographed in the upstairs ready room, Suzanne took the time to talk to and calm the groom, the father-of-the-bride and other guests. And in regards to flexibility, on the wedding day, I came with a special poem I wanted the assembled to recite and Suzanne seamlessly incorporated it in her ceremony. And last but not least, Suzanne is an outstanding wedding officiate. Her presence, her voice, her warmth, and sincerity transformed a civil ceremony into a magical and beautiful celebration of love between two people vowing to spend a lifetime together. Indeed, after listening to Suzanne, I am ready to renew my vows after almost thirty years. Everyone who participated as a member of the bridal party or guest was equally impressed by Suzanne Fox and the elegant wedding ceremony she helped produce. So thank you, Suzanne, from the bride and groom, the groom’s parents, the father-of-the-bride and most especially the mother-of-the-bride. It was memorable, fun, and a joyous celebration that wouldn’t have happened without you. It is clear that wedding planning and wedding officiating is much more than a job to you but indeed a vocation – you were definitely called to this line of work and you do it superbly well.

Sent on 03/22/2011

Barbara · Married on 10/03/2010

Our wedding was perfect in so many ways and Suzanne really helped that happen! Thanks, Suzanne, I will highly recommend you.

Sent on 10/17/2010

Crissy · Married on 08/07/2010

Suzanne Fox is wonderful! We found her in our local search for wedding officiants. At our first meeting we were so pleased that we decided to hire her to be our "day of coordinator" as well.
    As an officiant she offers different vows/readings for you to choose from- or you can provide your own. Suzanne is very flexible and willing to do whatever you want.
    At our rehearsal she was very organized and had everyones attention so that we could move through the rehearsal and on to our dinner afterward. :)
    We had so many guests comment on what a beautiful ceremony we had. The vows we chose (provided by Suzanne) were just perfect. The Hands Poem was by far the most special portion and brought many people to tears.

As our day of coordinator Suzannes services were perfect! She contacted all of our vendors about a month prior to our wedding. She stayed in contact with them to finalize the 'day of timeline' and to make sure everyone arrived on time.

In the beginning stages of my planning I really thought I could do it all myself, but if you truely want to enjoy your day without having to worry about anything (like- did the vegans get their meal? or if your photographer has a place to sit and eat their meals, did all the candy get put on the candy buffett and so on) then make sure you hire a DOC. They take care of so many things that you really just don't want to be bothered with, little things that will stress you out on the most important day of your life.

Suzanne Fox (Wedding Legacy) is priced fairly and worth every penny!

Sent on 10/14/2010

Heather · Married on 07/03/2010

Suzanne was a lifesaver for us! We used her "day of" services, and found that she put in so much more than just running the ceremony. She organized all of our vendor timelines for us and kept all vendors informed of what was going on about 3 weeks prior to the wedding. She was in touch with each one of them 1 week before, and was always available for any questions they, or I had. Suzanne ran our rehearsal, and was there the entire day of the wedding to make sure that everything ran smoothly. I can honestly say that without Suzanne's work, I would have been overly stressed, but Suzanne took all of that on her shoulders so I could just enjoy my day. I would recommend Suzanne in a heartbeat to anyone looking for a planner, or a "day of" coordinator like we did. She was positive, happy, and so wonderful to work with. We just loved her!!! Thank you so much Suzanne for making our day as beautiful as it was.

Heather and Chris

Sent on 07/21/2010

Michael · Married on 05/01/2010

Suzanne Fox was not only professional, but also very personable. She was a welcome relief to us after dealing with so many different vendors, many of whom could not deliver the level of customer service that she provided. We are tremendously grateful and thankful that Suzanne Fox could coordinate the events of the day, and we would happily recommend her to anyone preparing for their big day!

Sent on 10/31/2010

Victoria · Married on 04/16/2010

Suzanne performed the perfect wedding ceremony for us and it was delightful! She has a wonderful presence and ensured that the vows were meaningful to each of us. She was both warm and professional in her approach. Thank you so very much.

Sent on 05/15/2010

S · Married on 10/17/2009

Suzanne of Legacy Weddings was our daughter's day of coordinator as well as the officiant. We cannot say enough about how she immediately put our minds at ease with her easy going, can do attitude. As the officiant, she provided the perfect ceremony that fit our daughter's desires. During the ceremony and reception she made sure every detail was taken care of and even stayed until everyone had left the venue. The time and effort she put into this very special day was absolutely phenomenal.

Sent on 01/07/2010

Meredith · Married on 09/25/2009

My finance and I had an unusual request for Suzanne Fox. We wanted to get married by my finance�s grandfather but because he was not a Loudoun County resident, we found out that he sadly, couldn�t get the day license to perform the ceremony legally. I pulled a list from the circuit court of officiants and was immediately drawn to Suzanne because she is not only an officiant, but also a wedding planner. I explained our situation to her, how important it was for our grandfather to marry us and she offered us several suggestions. She answered all of my questions in a timely manner and we agreed upon her marrying us on the morning of our wedding at the courthouse, so we could later have the ceremony with our friends and family by our grandfather. She really took the stresses off our strange situation that I thought might be impossible to do.

We met at the courthouse right by our house the morning of our wedding day and Suzanne performed the �ceremony� (no ring exchange, just vow exchange) and her words were really beautiful. She turned in our marriage paperwork right away and we were able to immediately get copies of our marriage certificate. She made a really special day even more special to us by her thoughtful words and working with our situation. The price was reasonable too!

Sent on 10/17/2009

Megan · Married on 09/25/2009

I would highly recommend Suzanne and Legacy Weddings to any future bride. My husband, Mike and I got married in Leesburg, VA in September 2009. Suzanne was our officiant and our day-of wedding coordinator. From the very beginning of our wedding planning process, Suzanne was there to answer questions, provide assistance with recommendations, suggestions, you name it. Although, we only hired Suzanne as our day-of coordinator she stayed in touch with us through-out our planning process so when we were a month out, she was completely up to speed. She helped us prepare for scenarios we didn't think of and had wonderful suggestions on making our day perfect. Suzanne is a wealth of knowledge on weddings in general but is especially tied into the wedding community in Leesburg, VA. She is a fantastic resource and an incredible person to work with! You can't go wrong by working with her, she is sure to make your wedding day perfect.

Sent on 12/28/2009

Virginia · Married on 05/25/2009

Suzanne of Legacy Weddings was absolutely wonderful! When we contacted her about planning our wedding, she listened and invested time evaluating our situation, making helpful suggestions and recommendations. She was flexible and accommodating. She clearly understood the reality of our budget and worked within it to the best of her ability, even finding creative ways to meet our desires within budget (every bride's hope). She was well connected and had good relationships with a wide range of vendors, giving us a variety of choices and good recommendations for service providers that we could trust because we knew we could trust her. And last, but not least, she was a positive and steady presence in an otherwise chaotic process, which made the big day a success. I will be forever grateful to Suzanne for all that she did for us to make our wedding the perfect and memorable day it was for us, our family, and friends. Thank you Suzanne!!

Virginia and Ty

Sent on 11/21/2010

Pearl · Married on 05/10/2008

Suzanne was a wonderful officiant, she was able to accommodate our request and performed our civil ceremony at our home. We were both very happy to have her as our civil celebrant, she was very nice and has a great personality. We would highly recommend her if you are looking for a great civil celebrant.

Sent on 05/25/2008

Elizabeth · Married on 09/25/2010

Legacy Weddings provided outstanding "Day of Coordination" services for my daughters wedding on Sept 25, 2010 at the Thomas Birkby House in Leesburg, Va.

Suzanne was very easy to work with; she is organized and thorough. We had many lovely comments from our guests and the wedding party about Suzanne's assistane. Everything she did for us made our wedding day less stressful and beautiful! I highly recommend Legacy Weddings to anyone for wedding planning services-fantastic!

Sent on 09/28/2010
  • X

Aubrey · Married on 09/05/2009

Suzanne Fox officiated our wedding last month and she was absolutely perfect. At the time of our planning, my husband and I both worked and went to school full-time so we had a a very limited window of time that we were both free. Suzanne was extremely flexible in working with us and arranging a time to meet and helping us create our ceremony and customize it really reflect us as a couple. We decided to use the traditional vows and then, since my husband and I are movie buffs, we created vows out of lines from movies that we have seen together (It was a lot more emotional than I thought it would be!).

Suzanne is really great to work with--definitely look her up if you are planning a wedding in the Leesburg area!

Sent on 10/16/2009

Pamela · Married on 09/02/2016

Working with Suzanne and her husband was great! Every time I had a question she was helpful and very reassuring that everything would run the way it was supposed to. I had complete confidence in her on our wedding night, and she did not disappoint. She took great note of everything we asked, and the night ran very smoothly. I highly recommend Legacy Weddings for officiating and wedding coordination!

Sent on 11/19/2016

Sarah · Married on 03/27/2015

Suzanne was amazing as our officiant! She made us feel very relaxed, maybe a little giggly, during our ceremony. During our reception our guests commented on how they liked Suzanne's ceremony. She was willing to work with us when it came to attending our rehearsal as well as the ceremony, which definitely made me feel better moving forward the next day (I'm an obsessive planner!). Legacy weddings is great!

Sent on 04/04/2015

Jessica · Married on 03/21/2014

Suzanne from Legacy weddings was a pleasure to work with during our wedding! She put us both at ease and was very flexible with my husband and I's go with the flow attitude! Her ceremony was well balanced between sentimental, personal and fast, which is just what we wanted! :) We are so thankful for her time and service!

Sent on 04/20/2014

Heidi · Married on 07/03/2009

Suzanne Fox was our wedding officiant and made our wedding ceremony short and sweet, just as we wanted. She will tailor the ceremony to your needs, i.e. vows, readings, etc... We inserted a Korean tradition of bowing to our parents during the ceremony and she blended that into our ceremony seamlessly. She was warm, patient, and kind through our wedding rehearsal process and I really appreciated that she too became somewhat emotional when I walked down the aisle with my dad. She spoke very clearly and didn't need a microphone over an audience of 100 people.

Sent on 07/21/2009

Heather · Married on 04/15/2016

3.8
      3.0
      3.0

We did not feel like they were focused. We had to send the same emails and info multiple times (not coordinated) leading up to our wedding date but everything went well at our wedding reception and that was the goal. Overall, we were as enthusiastic about this company as they were about us.

Sent on 12/09/2016