65 Reviews for Legacy Weddings

Rehearsal Dinner (1)
Event Design (1)
Civil (1)
65 Legacy Weddings Reviews

We recently used Legacy Weddings for my daughter's wedding at Breaux Vineyard. Suzanne Fox was exceptional. She was extremely professional and kept the wedding reception running smoothly. It was the perfect day. I did not have to worry or concern myself with anything. I cannot tell you how many compliments I received after the wedding. I would not hesitate to recommend Suzanne Fox and Legacy Weddings for your upcoming wedding. You will not be disappointed.

Profile Picture Susan, 11/11/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

When my daughter selected The Birkby House in Leesburg, VA as her May 2017 wedding venue it was highly recommended by the Malone family (owners of the Birkby Houses) that we think about working with a wedding planner but at the very least have a day of coordinator. It was one of the best suggestions we received. And Suzanne Fox of Legacy Weddings was the obvious choice. She lives just blocks away from the venue and has planned and coordinated hundreds of weddings. It's easy to see why she keeps winning Wedding Wire's Couple's Choice and Bride's Choice Awards. Suzanne has been helping brides, grooms and their families navigate the hundreds of details and choices that are presented to them through the wedding planning process. Suzanne reviewed our vendor contracts months before the big day. But what was worth it's weight in gold was the consultation meeting with the Bride, Groom and Mother of the Bride, Suzanne, the venue manager and the caterer to finalize the wedding day itinerary. Afterwards Suzanne contacted the vendors so they understood her role, their roles, the venue's guidelines and the timeline for the day. This took the onus away from the bride and the Mother of the Bride on the day of the wedding. Once Suzanne met with us I felt the heavy responsibility of the many months of coordinating the wedding plans lift off my shoulders and rest squarely on hers. Suzanne deftly managed the rehearsal the night before and on the day of Suzanne's magic of tending to every wedding day detail was very much appreciated, so the Bride, Mother of the Bride and Mother of the Groom could relax, enjoy the day and know someone else would be in charge and run interference should any issue arise. Suzanne is the grande dame in the wedding planner/coordinator world and she helped to guide our vendors and guests through the wedding day timeline with such precision and saw to it that my daughter's and son-in-laws day went off without a hitch.

Profile Picture Susan, 5/13/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Day-Of Coord., Timelines, Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner, Non-Religious

Suzanne was amazing! I ended up hiring her 10 days before my wedding, due to the fact that my original coordinator, a friend, had to have an unexpected/immediate surgery and remain on bed rest for 2 weeks. Suzanne an was referred to me by my little sister who used her 5 years prior and had nothing but great things to say. She was so accommodating when I reached out to her, rearranged her plans and came to my rescue. It was so nice not having to worry about anything. I would definitely recommend her. One thing that stood out to me is that we bought led balloons for our grand exit and they weren't staying up, she had purchased regular balloons as a backup that we ended up needing/using. I was very impressed by this and how she came privately to let me know the situation and told me she had a solution, wow! Thank you again for a great day!!!

Profile Picture Christa, 10/29/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

We chose our wedding venue first, and their event coordinator put us in touch with Suzanne. We are so grateful to her for her guidance during the planning phase because we really had no idea what we were doing. Once she understood the kind of wedding we wanted, she recommended the perfect vendors for catering, flowers, music, etc. Trust her, because everyone we worked with was professional, experienced, and incredibly nice, just like her!! I think it says a lot when all our other vendors were happy to hear that Suzanne was doing our wedding. We had a family medical emergency and a lot of other mishaps in the final week and on the day-of. I called her 4 days before the wedding, close to tears, and just talking to her lifted loads of stress and anxiety. Suzanne kept everyone up-to-date on the contingency plans, and she arranged details for us that we didn't even know she had in mind. Thanks to her, we had an amazing time at our wedding, knowing that she was managing things behind the scenes and making sure our guests were looked after. We had a bit of an unusual agenda for the ceremony and reception, and she kept the flow going smoothly all night. So many of our friends and family could not stop talking about how much fun they had and how beautiful everything was! There is no way we could have pulled it off without Suzanne.

Profile Picture Risa, 10/8/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Partial Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Religious

Hiring Legacy Weddings to coordinate and assist with my wedding was one of the best investments that I made as a soon-to-be bride. Suzanne is fabulous and her service is truly top notch. I paid for her partial planning package, and with that, she was able to assist me in numerous ways in the hectic days, weeks and months before the big day. She does a great job of navigating that sometimes blurry line between professionalism and fun. She presented herself as a expert; however, in talking to her, I felt as if I could be completely honest with her. It was like I had known her for years. She has an infectious laugh and does an amazing job at keeping everything light-hearted and fun, the way it should be. I would definitely recommend Legacy Weddings to any newly engaged couple. The timeline she created for my wedding was perfect and the day moved seamlessly. She kept me on track and did all of the communicating with my vendors that needed to be done. All I had to worry about was not tripping as I walked down the aisle! It's a huge deal to trust someone so much with your special day. Suzanne and Legacy Weddings are certainly up to the task though.

Profile Picture Amanda, 9/17/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Working with Suzanne and her husband was great! Every time I had a question she was helpful and very reassuring that everything would run the way it was supposed to. I had complete confidence in her on our wedding night, and she did not disappoint. She took great note of everything we asked, and the night ran very smoothly. I highly recommend Legacy Weddings for officiating and wedding coordination!

Profile Picture Pamela, 9/2/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Day-Of Coord., Timelines, Non-Religious

Suzanne did an absolutely amazing job as our day-of wedding coordinator! She was so involved even months before the wedding, reaching out to our vendors, and making sure the smallest details were perfected. I knew everything was being taken care of on the wedding day which helped my husband and I enjoy our wedding day with our family and friends!

Profile Picture Annie, 7/30/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Civil, Day-Of Coord.

Suzanne is EXCELLENT at planning weddings! She knows what works best as far as organizing the timeline, layout of the ceremony and reception, executing the flow of the night, and makes the bride, groom, and MOTHERS so relaxed at the same time! She makes sure all the little things that you would never think of in event planning are well thought through and happen without a hitch. She is so personable and goes above and beyond. I highly recommend Suzanne!

Profile Picture Sara, 4/30/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Religious, Day-Of Coord., Partial Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals
3.8

We did not feel like they were focused. We had to send the same emails and info multiple times (not coordinated) leading up to our wedding date but everything went well at our wedding reception and that was the goal. Overall, we were as enthusiastic about this company as they were about us.

Profile Picture Heather, 4/15/16, 8 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Suzanne is just a delight to work with! She helped us with our October 3 wedding at Breaux Vineyards, and did a fantastic job! We received a ton of compliments from our family and friends on how smoothly everything went on the day of our wedding, all thanks to Suzanne's hard work. After we got engaged, the very first venue we looked at had Legacy Weddings on their preferred vendor list. Like a lot of couples, we felt completely overwhelmed by the planning process. After one meeting with Suzanne, we felt worlds more comfortable-- she had great ideas and suggestions, knew a lot of the vendors in the area, and just generally helped us realize our vision. She is super detail-oriented, and frequently reminded me of small things to think about that I NEVER would have-- just an invaluable resource to have during your planning process! She connected me with our florist, our favors, my makeup/hair stylist, and our officiant (who just happened to be her husband, Bill)! On the weekend of the wedding, she kept everything moving smoothly, and her cool, calm demeanor helped everyone feel more at ease. Highly recommend!

Profile Picture Megan, 10/3/15, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Suzanne planned our daughter's wedding and she was an absolute dream to work with. We had a guest list of 200 people but we didn't have a huge budget. Suzanne brought all of her creativity to bear to make our reception look like a much more costly and regal affair than we had the funds for. Most importantly, she took all of the stress of the "day of" off of our shoulders so that when we arrived to the reception site from the church, everything was running like a well-oiled machine. The guests who had arrived before us were having a wonderful time out on the lawn, the drinks were being served, the classical guitarist was set up and playing, the servers were hustling about to make sure everyone was being fed, the ballroom was set up just the way it was supposed to be and the catering had been delivered and was readied for dinner. It was exactly the wedding we had envisioned for our daughter and her new husband and we could not have done it without Legacy Weddings. The compliments from our guests were non-stop and effusive. We could not recommend Suzanne and her team more highly. Thank you for everything you did for us!

Profile Picture Dan, 5/23/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Suzanne was amazing as our officiant! She made us feel very relaxed, maybe a little giggly, during our ceremony. During our reception our guests commented on how they liked Suzanne's ceremony. She was willing to work with us when it came to attending our rehearsal as well as the ceremony, which definitely made me feel better moving forward the next day (I'm an obsessive planner!). Legacy weddings is great!

Profile Picture Sarah, 3/27/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Officiant

I cannot even begin to tell you how amazing and incredible Suzanne Fox was on our wedding day and leading up to it! Suzanne is not only extremely organized, very meticulous and quite the perfectionist, but just as important, she is extremely caring, very personable and quite the optimist...the perfect recipe for a wedding planner!

Leading up our wedding day was not quite as stressful as it could be and things seemed to be flowing effortlessly. However, I attribute all of this to Suzanne's preparation and follow up with each of my vendors, bridal party and family members as she made certain that they were all on the same page and aware with their roles and responsibilities, timeline, etc. The day of the wedding, there were a few mishaps regarding groom's and groomsmen tuxes that were still not delivered, a shuttle that had the incorrect date for pickup (which we only found out about because Suzanne hadn't heard from them after countless attempts to reach and continued calling) and the ever favorite, family drama. At 8AM Suzanne was on the phone locating tuxes and making arrangements for her or her assistant or whoever was best fit for the arrival time of the tuxes to pick them up and deliver them to the venue to the boys. Meanwhile, she was also fixing the transportation issue and got both of our shuttles switched onto the correct day and back onto our timeline within a matter of 30 minutes. And, as typically happens, there were a few guests who had not RSVP'd accordingly and were not accounted for in the seating chart and at dining tables and Suzanne made sure to find them a place and manage these last minute stresses for me without me even knowing that it was an issue!

I can't say enough about my experience with Suzanne and Legacy Weddings for our most special day! If you want to feel stress free, taken care of and confident in the overall execution of your wedding day (and experience up until then!) then hiring Suzanne Fox is a non-negotiable!!

Profile Picture Nicole, 10/24/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Suzanne was a delight to work with! She answered all of my questions, from the little to the big, in a timely manner. She truly helped to create a beautiful day so my new-husband and I didn't have to think about anything. She was very professional and reassuring. I would absolutely recommend her to any couple looking for full-planning or day-of coordination.

Profile Picture Laura, 9/20/14, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Suzanne was awesome! We loved her from the first time we met her. She's extremely flexible and oh so helpful from creative ideas to helping plan every aspect of our wedding. She brought up key aspects that we never would have thought about. She's such a nice person and easy to talk to and work with. She offered Kirsten's services for our day-of support and she was just as professional and helpful as Suzanne. We didn't have to worry about anything. She had everything under control for us.

Profile Picture Dori, 9/20/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Suazanne with Legacy Weddings is absolutely amazing! I hadn't considered using a wedding planner at the start of my personal planning, but my mother suggested I look in to a day-of coordinator. A lot of the planners in the area charge a LOT of money for the MINIMAL work they do... not Suzanne!
She is 100% committed to her brides and you can tell she loves what she does! After our initial consultation with her, my mother and I walked out saying, "i absolutely love her!". She is very organized, professional, and flexible with her schedule.
Suzanne gives great checklists to help keep you on track and organized. She touches base frequently to make sure you, as the bride, aren't feeling overwhelmed. She helps create a day-of timeline and she does an amazing job sticking to it! She makes sure she has alternate contacts so she doesn't have to pester the bride and groom on their day!
Suzanne is LITERALLY at your venue ALL DAY. She is there to meet your vendors, set up centerpieces, place cards, pictures, candles, etc. She is also there until the VERY end (and then some) as she cleans up, packs up, etc.
I couldn't imagine getting through my day without Suzanne there! She is absolutely amazing! She's wonderful at what she does! Thank you, Suzanne, for the most amazing experience! You truly made our wedding day a breeze! :)

Profile Picture Christen, 7/11/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Everyone we had contact with at Legacy Weddings was friendly and professional. We felt that our wedding was very well planned and everything was well coordinated. We had many compliments about how well the event flowed and that guests always knew where to be and when. We were both very relaxed on our wedding day, and I think it is because we knew we were in good hands and didn't need to worry about a thing!

Profile Picture Kathryn, 5/31/14, 1 Review
Category: Officiant, Wedding Planning

Suzanne was a wonderful person to work with for our wedding, my family and I did not have to do any prep work. When we got to the venue to get ready we thought we would have a few small items that we would have to do and everything was taken care of. We were able to sit and relax and enjoy the day no one had to be down directing people where to go or how things where supposed to look. She had everyone on schedule and it worked out wonderfully. Our wedding was on schedule and we didn't have to direct anyone on where to go, stand when to come down she did it all. I didn't have to do any confirming the week of she took care of everything. She worked around our schedule when it came to meetings, since we were planning our wedding across the country. The day of was beautiful and I couldn't have asked for anything better. I was so pleased to have legacy weddings be there to help with our special day.

Profile Picture kayla, 5/31/14, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Suzanne was absolutely wonderful to work it - she provided services as my "day-of coordinator" ensuring that everything went smoothly on my wedding day! In the weeks leading up to my wedding, she made contact with each of my vendors to coordinate flower delivery, cake delivery, DJ arrival, etc. We were very frustrated that in the days before the wedding, my cake vendor was unresponsive (and I didn't even have a FLAVOR or DESIGN yet...) but Suzanne was able to track them down and put us in touch. On the day of, she was calm, collected, and totally focused on giving me a memorable, perfect day. I highly recommend her to anyone looking for a planner, coordinator, or officiant because she is organized, very nice and pleasant, and overall one of the BEST vendors I experienced.

Profile Picture Sara, 5/24/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Suzanne Fox served as our daughter's day of coordinator and did an excellent job. She was generous with her time in answering questions before the event. Suzanne confirmed dates and times with our vendors and informed them of our timeline. She attended the final meeting with the venue and our caterer to make sure she understood exactly what we wanted for the set-up of the venue for the ceremony, cocktail hour and the reception. She was patient and efficient in implementing changes to the initial plan. She orchestrated the rehearsal. And on the day of the wedding she met the vendors and ensured that the venue was set up as we requested. And what an emergency kit she has; anything we forgot was in her kit! From pinning boutonnieres to bustling the wedding gown to keeping the evening on track, Suzanne did it with tact, courtesy and discretion. And as the evening went on, she was getting our decorative items and personal effects together so that with little effort on our part, we were ready to go shortly after the party was over. Because of Suzanne's efforts, I relaxed and enjoyed this special event. I highly recommend her.

Profile Picture User4137171, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Legacy Weddings is FANTASTIC! I was in search of a day-of-coordinator who would understand the vision I had for our wedding day. While our ceremony was traditional, our wedding day was also a bit non-traditional in that it was a morning wedding with an afternoon reception, held in a one-room church complete with the steeple and was a 1950s theme/inspired wedding. We wanted our day to be traditional and full of all of the important elements that makes the day different from any other day and at the same time wanted it all to feel like relaxed party with all those we love - and they understood every bit of that!

Suzanne served as my day-of-coordinator and her husband was our MC and our day was amazing! Not only did they understand and execute on what we want, they were so flexible handling changes and issues that cropped up without a blink. As the bride, I never had to stress about a thing (she even helped handle transportation, hotel and working with a reception venue that had never hosted a wedding!) Since I didn't have to stress about a thing - my husband didn't have to stress either. He was against the idea of a day-of-coordinator when we got engaged but after the wedding he said it was the best $ he could have spent!

I can't recommend them enough!

-Rita & Chuck
Married in Lucketts, VA on 4/12/2014 (Reception in Historic Leesburg)

Profile Picture Rita, 4/12/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Suzanne from Legacy weddings was a pleasure to work with during our wedding! She put us both at ease and was very flexible with my husband and I's go with the flow attitude! Her ceremony was well balanced between sentimental, personal and fast, which is just what we wanted! :) We are so thankful for her time and service!

Profile Picture Jessica, 3/21/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

We were planning a wedding from a few states away and knew we needed help to make our vision come together on the big day. I researched day-of coordinators and officiants for days but couldn't find anyone who fit within our budget. I then came across Suzanne's profile on Wedding Wire and we decided to meet with her. From the moment we met Suzanne, we felt comfortable and I breathed a sigh of relief afterwards knowing that we had found someone we could trust to help make all the little details (and there were a lot of them!) go smoothly the day-of.

On our final walk through with the venue, we went through pretty much every detail and were able to communicate what we wanted which was great for me to visualize how it would all come together. Suzanne also helped organize us at the rehearsal and made sure the wedding party knew what to do and where to stand for the ceremony the next day. The wedding went off without a hitch and I know it was due in part to Suzanne smoothing out the wrinkles along the way and making sure that we were always taken care of and enjoying ourselves.

As a coordinator Suzanne was amazing and I would definitely recommend her! She was also a great officiant, and performed a custom ceremony that we put together. There was a little mix up with our vows- part of which we meant to read entirely by ourselves but it ended up being fine having some of them be "repeat after me" vows because this ended up making our ceremony a little longer. (I was worried about it being too brief!)

Overall, our day was perfect... we had beautiful snowflakes at a gorgeous countryside venue and it made for our dream winter wonderland wedding. We are so happy we chose Suzanne to help make our day great. We couldn't have done it without her!

Profile Picture Joanna, 12/14/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Officiant, Wedding Planning

I hired Suzanne for partial wedding planning. Suzanne's prices were more than fair and with her experience and ability, she is a steal! Having her support during the wedding process was like having a very caring family member at your side. I felt like I could count on her and she was always available and responsive. She understands how much this day means to you and it is just as important for her. You can tell that she truly enjoys being part of a wedding and she always has this positive attitude and beaming smile that is infectious. That being said she also knows how to get things done. Her knowledge of the wedding industry is invaluable. It is obvious that she has a lot of experience and she can think of every detail and logistical item that us brides tend to overlook or forget. At my rehearsal she was the commander in chief, I didn't have to worry about anyone but myself as she took control and guided us all in a light hearted but productive practice. At the ceremony and reception she was my saviour, she was by my side for anything I needed and she kept the event running smoothly. She also spared me the headache of having to coordinate and contact all the many vendors, orders, supplies and endless moving parts that is the biggest source of stress for most brides. Do yourself a favor and hire Suzanne. Take the pressue off yourself, the groom and your wedding party. We do not want to be the leader and organizer, we want to be the bride. We want to enjoy our special day and focus on our husband, friends and family. Suzanne is happy to take the wheel and I will be forever glad that I hired her. I should also mention that her husband was the officiant at our wedding and I recieved lots of compliments on how beautiful of a job he did. We used his ceremony script and it was everything I wanted my ceremony to be. My wedding truly is a legacy that I will always remember with fondness and I can thank Suzanne for being a huge part of that positive experience.

Profile Picture User2633316, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Using Legacy Weddings really made the difference for us on our wedding day. It's important to have someone there to run the event--Suzanne and her team turned a great evening into a spectacular one.

Profile Picture Christine, 10/26/13, 1 Review