Leave it to Us Wedding & Event Planning - Jackson Reviews

22 | Jackson, MI

22 Reviews for Leave it to Us Wedding & Event Planning - Jackson

22 Leave it to Us Wedding & Event Planning - Jackson Reviews

andrea · Married on 09/01/2018

Heather, owner of Leave It To Us Wedding & Event Planning, is sensational!! From my initial phone call she was polite, professional and LGBTQ accepting. She listened completely to what our vision was for our wedding day and made it happen. Everything was beautiful and elegant, beyond our dreams for our special day!! She will respond quickly to emails/text and always knows what to do to solve the problem at hand. We cannot imagine how it would have been possible with out her and her fabulous team!!

Leave it to Us Wedding & Event Planning - Jackson 1
    Leave it to Us Wedding & Event Planning - Jackson 2
    Leave it to Us Wedding & Event Planning - Jackson 3

C · Married on 09/17/2016

Lynne and I had waited a long time to make this dream come true.  When we came to you guys you never hesitated about our wedding and you ensured that the vendors you recommended were just as excited about our marriage.  Unfortunately that has not always been our experience.
    I felt that once we started planning we were swept up in your arms and that you guys just took care of us.

Lynne and I both work in the world of hospitality and customer service so we know what great looks like.  The vendors you did recommend were top notch.  Every one of them were professional, timely and very caring.  I felt like they were invested in us and in making our day amazing. You should be proud of the relationships you have formed with these vendors.

So let's get to the specifics:
    I always felt that Beth, you were a calming yet forceful presence.  The rehearsal and wedding day were so easy.  I actually said to Lynne the night of the rehearsal "I'm scared because it is going too well".  Thank you for caring about us and our family.  You were kind to every single person - even when they were driving me crazy. Every time I felt stressed you were able to talk me off the ledge.  As a person who "controls" so much at work it felt amazing to be able to give this up and enjoy the experience.
    I am still amazed as to how Heather, you were able to take my dream wedding vision and make it appear.  We had guest from Chicago and Manhattan who said that it looked like something out of a magazine - wow talk about impressing people. The decorations were beyond what I expected and absolutely beautiful.  I cried when I saw the room not just because it was gorgeous but because you "got it" and it meant the world to me.

I want to think that thank you is enough but somehow it feels weak.  I do know that it feels good knowing that there are people who care about their work and the relationships that they form with their clients.

Katie · Married on 09/19/2015

Having that trusting relationship in someone outside the wedding party meant that I could keep calm to really ENJOY my day. Beth gave me that. Thank you Beth!

Danielle · Married on 08/29/2015

Leave it to us was incredibly helpful! After having to fire my previous wedding planner, I was really stressed. When I met with their team, they put my mind at ease and had many options for me to choose from as far as how involved I wanted them in my planning process. Lauren was my day of coordinator and was absolutely amazing, I didn't have to worry about a thing! Heather provided all of the decorations and did a truly fantastic job. I really couldn't have picked a better company to help me with my big day.

Claire · Married on 07/18/2015

The ladies of Leave It To Us were amazing with making my special day perfect. They often could anticipate my needs before I knew of them. Any time I had a question, concern or any want, they were there to help in every way they could. From providing helpful checklists, offering vendor suggestions, setting up the details with the salon, to making sure everything went well for our ceremony and reception. I would recommend Leave It To Us for any friends wedding or any other event someone may need help planning. Thank you ladies for doing so much for me and always making my wedding a priority.

Working with "Leave it to us" was absolutely wonderful. I saved more with $ with vendors than I spent on the cost of their services. All of their preferred vendors and recommendations were very professional, easy to work with, and reliable. Planning with them is easy and the decorations were perfect when we walked in. Thank you Leave It To Us for making our day so special!

Amanda · Married on 02/22/2015

Beth and Debbie coordinated my wedding and I couldn't have asked for an easier, more carefree day! Leading up to our wedding day, Beth worked with me to plan out the ceremony and brought up things I hadn't event thought of yet, which was a huge help. On our wedding day, Debbie and Beth made sure everything ran smoothly from start to finish and made sure my husband and I had everything we needed at all times. They even dealt flawlessly with our quirky organ player!

These ladies are so easy to work with and made me feel relaxed and comfortable so that my Type A personality didn't have to worry about the small things. I would, recommend their services to anyone!

Annie · Married on 12/06/2014

LITU was incredibly helpful and knowledgeable when it came to all the small details of our wedding day. They helped it run smoothly, our decorations were lovely, and Heather even stepped in as a bartender when one of ours cancelled the day before our wedding! Thanks LITU!

Kim · Married on 11/01/2014

Heather is who worked with us. She was fun and listened and did everything she could to make my daughters wedding all it could be. We had a few mishaps (what wedding day don't) but she stepped in and took care of the problems and let us enjoy the day. Choosing Leave it to us was one of our best descitions we made for this wedding.

crystal · Married on 11/01/2014

Heather was great took care of all the problems so I didn't have to worry the decorations looked great. She was wonderful.

Chelsie · Married on 10/11/2014

Our wedding reception went flawlessly because of all the hard work and dedication from Heather. She set up our entire venue for us and everything turned out amazing! Heather was very responsive to email, text, and phone calls throughout the entire process and made sure that we received exactly what we wanted. Everything was exactly how I envisioned and I am so happy I chose this vendor to do everything for me, it definitely took a lot of stress off my plate. Thank you so much, LITU!!!

Beth · Married on 07/11/2014

I have had this company do my daughter's wedding and then my son's wedding. Heather took the stress out of the wedding planning process. On both occasions Heather listened to the visions of the bride and groom and displayed them in perfect detail. Each wedding was absolutely amazing and made this special event memorable for everyone who attended.

Brittany · Married on 07/21/2012

The decorations we amazing! I gave Heather my ideas and she not only made my day magical, but she exceeded my expectations. Everything was perfect and more than I could every hope for in a wedding. The company was easy to work with and understood my vision for my wedding.

Shoni · Married on 09/17/2011

Heather and Danielle were AMAZING! I had a small wedding but guest were coming from many states and I was moving to the state that we were getting married in, so most of our communication was over the phone or via email and Heather made me feel as if she was right there in California with me. I can't express enough how much stress having Heather and Danielle took off of me. They are beautiful women whose goal was too make my day the most amazing day ever which they did. At first I was hesitant in spending the money (extremely reasonable) because I thougth I could put that towards my dress or the reception, but besides saying Yes, to my husband saying Yes to the wedding planners was the second best decision that I may. And Oh yeah, Heather and Danielle can totally dance. Truly, truly, truly....if you are looking for a wedding planner..stop thinking about it and call Leave It To Us.

• Megan

Megan · Married on 09/10/2011

Leave it to Us (LITU) is amazing. Beth and her mom, Debbie, made sure that our day was everything we ever wanted. We had several major glitches in planning our wedding (like our original venue deciding we weren't the right fit for them after we'd already put in our deposit, and then we were scrambling to find someplace else before everything was booked!), and Beth helped us get through it all. On the day of the wedding I didn't have a single worry because I knew that LITU was there to make sure everything went as planned. You can't ask for a better planner/coordinator, especially for the price! If you're getting married anywhere in or around SE Michigan, you can't go wrong with LITU!

Mallory · Married on 07/09/2011

We loved working with Beth and Debbie! They handled everything professionally and quickly. I would have been so stressed out about everything but Beth provided the support that made me enjoy my day. I would recommend their services to anyone. It's definitely the only way to go!

• Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 06/11/2011

WOW and I glad I hired Beth and Debbie! They made my life so much easier trying to plan a wedding from 700 miles away. I couldn't have done it without their help. They truly became friends of mine and were there every step of the way, making sure I had things done on time and offering me moral support!

The rehearsal went fantastic, they made sure everyone knew what they were doing and also made it very comfortable. The DAY OF I couldn't have imagined it without them! Debbie made sure I was relaxed in my bridal suite which I am forever grateful for! She sat with me and held my heavy flowers. She got me water when I needed it. It was just really nice. Beth made sure everything ran smoothly upstairs which it did! I can't think of anything that went wrong!!!! After the ceremony, they took everyone over to the cocktail hour and got everyone seated for us. They made sure we were all announced and had time for everything (cake, first dance, other dances, flower toss, garter toss, etc) I will be hiring them again for other parties because they absolutely rock and are VERY VERY reasonably priced! If you're thinking about hiring a coordinator or at least someone to keep you on track, HIRE THEM, don't hesitate, seriously!

Also, they hired a new decorator, Heather who made the finishing touches on the reception venue, she did an amazing job. It was more than I could have ever dreamed of! She did a fantastic job setting everything up and putting things where they needed to be. (She was a little extra $), but worth it. My family or I didn't have to set up which was extra nice because it reduced stress.

Love Leave It To Us and Event Planning!

Jennifer · Married on 07/03/2010

If you are from out of town this is the comapany to use. They found and set up interviews for me so that I could fly in and make decisions quickly over a weekend. Although we had to communicate via e-mail, text and phone I always felt my needs were a priority.

• F

Faith · Married on 10/24/2009

Leave it to Us is a great vendor to have on your side during the wedding planning process. Beth helped me plan my wedding (which was beautiful and perfect in every way) in only 5 months. Beth has great relationships with all types of wedding vendors and was able to connect me with great and reasonably priced companies to accomplish my wedding dreams. I would recommend Leave it to US to anyone planning a wedding.

Thanks for making my dreams come true!

Melissa · Married on 10/03/2009

Simply wonderful!

Kristine · Married on 09/06/2009

Leave it to Us is the best! My wedding/reception couldn't have gone any better. I recommend them to everyone.

Jen · Married on 06/23/2018

0.4
      0.5

ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE!! My wedding was a disaster! The company charged $500 for only 45 guests, and RUINED my wedding! The Opposite of helping. It was a waste of money. She added nothing to the day but confusion and chaos. I deeply regret hiring her. It's NOT worth your money. I'm telling you. I wish I would have known before hand how she is and what she ACTUALLY does. Her and her "helper" were more like unwanted wedding guests. Eating or just chilling, the whole time. Doing nothing helpful or work related. We were totally disgusted by her service and sent her home early! Its better to have no one, than it is to have her. I'm telling you!!! Heed my warning! I thought having her, has got to be better than no one. BOY WAS I WRONG! Save your money and tip your DJ a little more cause he does everything the planner is SUPPOSE TO do. I found out when & where the hair people were coming 20 mins AFTER they were there & threatening to leave. She costed me money with late fees cause of it. No communication with vendors. I had a beach wedding and she took down my wedding site decor before i could even get any pics with it. Didn't tell me or ask me, she just decided to do it! No warning! I was SO upset! Her assistant caught my bouquet during the toss. It was between her & a bridesmaid, and the assistant took the flowers. It was ok... until she told my dad that its the 7th one shes caught this month and she catches them all the time "no biggie" ! I cant believe Heather (the wedding planner) allowed her to participate!They were HIRED to WORK, not take away from my guests.I had more talks with her regarding what i'm going to supply for her at the wedding,rather than how she can help me. Heather demanded a lot as far as food and seating and what she felt she was entitled to,by being there.The whole time working with her from start to finish upset me and my family. She was MIA most of the time too. Vendors couldn't find her! EVERYONE was telling me to FIRE...from the start! DONT HIRE!

Sent on 08/20/2018

Leave it to Us Wedding & Event Planning - Jackson's reply:

I'm sorry you feel this way about your experience with us. We believe we communicated with all your vendors and yourself in all details including last minute changes that were made by you. We are normally known for our exceptional attention to details and we are sorry you feel we missed that mark. If you would like to discuss this further, please feel free to contact us at contactus@leaveittousplanning.com