Lauren Lindley Photography Reviews

48 | South Lake Tahoe, CA

48 Reviews for Lauren Lindley Photography

• Laurel

Laurel · Getting married on 07/19/2020

We laughed the whole time

We had originally book Lauren to photograph our court house wedding in July, but we ended up moving the date up to May. I thought we were going to have to cancel with Lauren, but she was still available and was willing to travel out to NH instead. Working with Lauren both before and during was super easy. She kept us laughing the whole time and didn't make us feel self conscious or silly. She listened to our ideas and continually asked if there was anything in particular that we wanted to be sure she had photographed. While we haven't gotten our shots in yet, the sneak peek that she sent looks amazing. We highly recommend Lauren to photograph your wedding.

Sent on 05/16/2019

Julia Ward · Married on 02/09/2020

Outstanding every step of the way

I could not be happier with the pictures Lauren captured from our wedding! She has an eye for special moments and was so skilled at preserving the emotion of our day. Even my dad who was slightly ambivalent about the pricing at first stated, "the pictures were worth the extra money". Coming from a large family with 28 first cousins, he believes that our wedding had the best pictures out of any other family wedding we've attended (across the country). All our guests were also super impressed at how organized Lauren was and appreciated her directions to get the best angles and lighting. To sum it all up, she's efficient, has a great eye, and was a pleasure all around to work with.

Sent on 03/27/2020

Jacklyn Jenkins · Married on 10/19/2019

She’s the Bees Knees

Lauren was probably my favorite vendor from our wedding. Not only is she super freakin talented, but she has the best personality. From the beginning, I told Lauren about possible family drama and crap I didn’t want to deal with and she was actually excited to take care of that! Lauren has the perfect no bull crap attitude and I loved it. We had beautiful but super fast wedding party/family photos- just how I like it!! Because of her efficiency we had more time to party versus standing there saying “cheese!” Jk. Lauren is way too Effin cool to have her clients say cheese. More like, “Say, Wine!!” Also, she creates a super easy website with all your photos and separates them!!! So you don’t just get a crap ton of photos and search for hours for that one pic of you and grandma. It’s divided up into sections for you to easily find & download all your photos or certain ones! Another cool thing about her is that she knows the area very well. We had so many compliments on our photos because of the background. She will take you hiking if you want or climb up on top of a roof to take a pic- you name it! Lauren captured our love and happiness through her photographs. We are super happy to not only have gorgeous photos to hang everywhere, but now we have a friend and photographer that we will use forever!

Sent on 01/01/2020

Christine Friesen · Married on 08/02/2019

Fantastic!!

I absolutely LOVED working with Lauren. She was extremely helpful throughout the planning process. She had a list of recommended vendors that I found super helpful and I actually used quite a few. She was very responsive and timely via email. She truly made everything super easy!

Flash forward to our wedding day and she was ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!! She bounded into the condo like she had known me for years!! She was really fun and personable!! My mom and family instantly loved her!!! She didn't hesitate when we wanted to do some extra photos or add ins and all of our pictures turned out AMAZING !!! She was super flexible with the photo booth too while I figured out if I was going to use it and I'm so glad I did!!!

Her website for picture download is super user friendly and has been great and easy to share with our family and friends. I loved everything about our experience with Lauren and will definitely request her services in the future with life events!!!!

I highly recommend Lauren!!!! Her skills are amazing and an added bonus she is super fun to have at your side all day!!!!!

Sent on 09/24/2019

Megan Guidry · Married on 06/08/2019

Absolute perfection!

Wedding planning was especially stressful for us as we had (at last) minute scrapped our plans of a large traditional wedding and chose to relocate to a smaller one in South Lake Tahoe. It was long and tedious sorting through all the vendors and ever more difficult since we do not live near Tahoe so all communication was via phone calls or email. I stumbled upon Lauren’s work by chance and honestly, it was the best thing that could’ve happened. Not only was she prompt and quick to respond to my emails but she really took the time to help me with any questions or concerns I might have had. There wasn’t a feeling of a canned response or the typical “you’re just another number” client experience.

Flash forward to the wedding day my groom and I chose to have a private first look experience. It was our first time meeting Lauren and it honestly felt like we had been friends for years! She made sure to make us feel comfortable, happy and truly made the moment more special than I think any other photographer would have done!

The over all day was an absolute blast in large parts to her. Everyone loved working with her and the pictures we just received back shows it! They are beyond STUNNING and I can’t wait to hang them in our home.

Sent on 07/13/2019
  • Katie

Katie Lynch · Married on 10/20/2018

BEST photographer EVER

I cannot sing enough praise for Lauren Lindley. Even beyond her beautiful photography and skill for capturing emotions and memories, her attitude, helpfulness, efficiency, and energy are unmatched. She goes above and beyond to make sure she gets the perfect shot. She even managed to wrangle over 50 family members within 20 minutes to get all our formal shots done in record speed. Lauren won't just be your photographer, but she'll also end up being your friend.

Sent on 11/02/2018

Brianna · Married on 10/06/2018

Lauren was so wonderful to work. I fell in love with every picture she took. We hired her as our engagement and wedding photographer and she seriously blew us out of the water. She responds quickly, has a wonderful personality, and is flexible. Not only did we get wonderful photos, but we had so much fun spending time with Lauren. The product we got was worth what we spent. The thing we cared most about with the wedding expenses was the photography because that is what we will get to look back on, and we are so happy with who we went with.

Sent on 09/08/2017
  • Erin

Erin Arth · Married on 09/20/2018

Great pictures, so fun!

Lauren is an insanely hard worker. Her response time to your questions and emails is amazing. We planned a destination wedding, and it was so helpful to have her answer our questions so quickly.

We are so happy with our photos and cannot say enough about her fun attitude. She made the day less stressful because she was having fun and kept it light. She was incredibly organized and got our family portraits done in no time. All of our family was complimentary about her as well.

We would highly recommend Lauren!

Sent on 12/14/2018

Victoria · Married on 09/15/2018

Lauren was hands down our best wedding investment. SHE IS A BOSS LADY. We chose a flexible package with a second-shooter--Lauren totally accommodated and gave prime insight and suggestions. We maintained great communication before the big day, and I always felt like I was in great hands. From the time she arrived to after the reception, she was on her A-game. She saved the day countless times--from working on a timeline that was wayyyy behind to last-minute helping me into my dress and calming me after a meltdown, to expertly organizing and handling my family during formal photos (they're not the best listeners), and quickly getting the groom and I to a secret spot for magical pics before the ceremony. Even after the GOG tripped on and knocked over Lauren's tripod/lighting set-up, Lauren was calm and collected, and didn't skip a beat. We received a few sneak peeks in the days following our wedding that brought me to tears--she truly knows her craft. She was there for every important moment and I was worry-free the entire time because I deeply trust her eye and experience. I'm so proud of the moments Lauren captured and will treasure them always. Thank you a billion, Lauren! <3 xoxo Victoria and Kyle

Sent on 09/25/2018

Monica · Married on 08/04/2018

LAUREN IS AMAZING!!!! She did the photos for our wedding and capture our day better than words can explain. She is fun, energetic, and even got in a river to get the perfect angle and lighting for us. The pictures came out gorgeous. She even made this amazing slideshow that summed up our day for us. Everyone who has seen the photos can't stop complimenting how amazing of a job she did. TRUST ME YOU WANT HER.

Sent on 10/02/2018

Marianne · Married on 07/28/2018

Lauren was recommended to me by my friend Britt who got married right after TJ and I got engaged. I contacted her for pricing, and within hours she contacted me back with details, and options for our budget. She has great options for brides on a budget, and her payment plan set up is super easy to use, Day of the wedding she was fun to hang with while I was getting ready with my girls, and popped in to chill with the guys too. I could not be happier with the photos she sent TJ and I. Captured every moment perfectly, and it brings me such joy to have her artwork in my home for years to come. Thank you Lauren.

Sent on 09/21/2018

Kayla · Married on 05/20/2018

I was given a piece of advice early in our wedding planning that stuck with me – find a good photographer. It might have taken hours to find her, but I’m so glad that we took the time to find Lauren. Her elopement package for our small wedding in South Lake Tahoe was exactly what we needed, and the pictures make it look like we spent more than we did. She was able to capture everything from family portraits, intimate moments, and even got some random, impromptu moments we can share with family members. She turned our pictures around in less time than she originally thought, which was perfectly timed about a week after we returned from our honeymoon. We can’t stop looking at them! We can’t thank Lauren enough for everything she did, and we can’t wait to share our pictures with everyone!

Sent on 06/07/2018

HAILEY · Married on 05/19/2018

Lauren was simply amazing! We are an easy going/simple couple and wanted our wedding and photography to reflect that. Lauren was flexible, very responsive, and fun! Without needing much information from us, Lauren showed up, and brought with her TONS of energy. She wasn't afraid to get right in there and get some great shots during the ceremony. We both have big families, and Lauren was so organized, getting all of our formals done in a matter of minutes so our guests could go on to enjoy the reception. She even laid down in the sand to get the perfect photos of us walking on the beach. We found Lauren to be very reasonably priced, and we got more than we thought we would for our money. I would recommend her over and over, and I hope we get a chance to work with her again.

Sent on 06/18/2018
  • Shanda

Shanda · Married on 05/19/2018

Our Wedding Photographer Kicks Ass!

MY WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER KICKS ASS! (is that okay to say?)

This review is long but worth it.

When I first met Lauren, we connected immediately. I knew she was my girl.
    My husband and I have never been all that comfortable about posing for photos. It’s just awkward. We needed someone we felt comfortable around.

Fast forward to our wedding day. She was there on time, a big silly grin on her face and ready to go. Just seeing her, both calmed my nerves and lifted my spirits all at the same time. She had never been to our venue before (we flew her in the night before) and I imposed on her to help me find a perfect place for our first look. Boy did she! Lighting, background, everything was so perfect! And within 100 yards of our room. A spot I would never have noticed as an option.

We had a fantastic wedding day, photographs were a breeze, and we were ahead of schedule every step of the way. We were even able to attend most of our cocktail hour.
    But…. After the wedding, I started to feel some regret. (BTW this is something I never talked to Lauren about, but I’m sure she is reading this review) Like a lot of brides, I started to feel this massive letdown after the big day. For me, a lot of it centered around regret about photos. It kept me up at night. I think I might have had nightmares.
    • I didn’t get enough pictures
    • I didn’t communicate well enough with her
    • I should have made a bigger list of the photos I wanted
    • Did I need a second shooter?
    • DID WE EVEN TAKE PHOTOS??????

We were on our honeymoon (YES, THAT QUICKLY!) and I received an email from Lauren saying our photos were ready. With shaky fingers, my husband and I clicked the button and dove into our album. Within minutes we were laughing, crying and reminiscing. Reliving our beautiful day. I don’t know where she was hiding all day, but she managed to get it all. And we don’t’ recall being asked to “pose” at all.

We have a beautiful story of our wedding day that unfolds, moment by moment, thanks to Lauren Lindley Photography.

Love you girl!

Sent on 05/14/2019

Jana · Married on 05/18/2018

I totally love Lauren’s work! We had her documenting our small elopement wedding at Lake Tahoe and the pictures turned out to be wonderful! She was so easy to work with and we had so much fun with her. She responded super fast to our emails and it only took her a little over a week to get our pictures ready! Highly recommended!!

Sent on 05/30/2018

Danielle · Married on 09/08/2017

Lauren was just what we needed to get the best pictures for our wedding day...It rained with thunder and lightening for hours before our 5pm outdoor ceremony. Lauren was a champ and worked out alternate "first look" spots as well as offered to reshoot on another day in case we didn't get what we wanted on the actual wedding day. We ended up with an epic sunset and all of our pictures came out better than I ever could have imagined!!! We will cherish them forever, thank you Lauren.

Sent on 10/22/2017

Michaela · Married on 08/12/2017

WE LOVE LAUREN!
    I was lucky enough to come across Lauren's website when searching for the perfect photographer for our wedding in Kirkwood, CA this past August. Finding a photographer wasn't easy for me - package pricing was all over the place, I couldn't decide if I wanted 1 or 2 photogs, we weren't doing an engagement shoot so I needed someone that was comfortable with us right off the bat, and I wanted someone that knew Kirkwood. Luckily, I stumbled across Lauren! Not only does she love Kirkwood as much as we do, but she had done weddings there before - she knew the mountain and knew where to shoot without hesitation. She had a plan, and that made the photos quick, seamless and fun.
    Lauren was awesome to work with from the get go. Getting in touch with her via e-mail was easy, and she was always quick to respond. We talked about what we wanted for our photos, and she sent us back an outline of how she would work the day out, which made things super easy. We then signed a contract, set up a payment plan (always nice to not have to pay these things up front), and that was that! As the wedding got closer and we realized we were really crunched for time, Lauren was happy & very accommodating to add on an hour (and probably would have been happy to add more). As our wedding was over 200 people, Lauren brought in a second photographer (Chris) which I highly recommend. It's fun to see what was going on in places we weren't, and the candids (and dancing photos) are awesome. She & Chris really captured some great moments.
    We got our pictures about 1 month after the wedding, which wasn't a bad wait - it was fun to have this 'one more thing' to look forward to after the wedding (Lauren was also in contact updating us on her progress along the way). The pictures are absolutely stunning and we couldn't be happier. Lauren is easy going, fun, made us feel comfortable & was one of the people that made our day so incredibly special. We highly recommend Lauren!

Sent on 09/20/2017

Ashley · Married on 08/05/2017

We LOVE Lauren!!! I contacted her after we booked our venue and new instantly she was the photographer for us. We were wanting to do portraits after our wedding either around or in the lake and Lauren was totally down to take us on an adventure! She also came to Dallas to do our engagement photos a few months before the wedding, which was great because we got to hang out and get to know her before the wedding. Even if you aren’t a huge fan of having your picture taken Lauren will make you feel comfortable. If you want a photographer who is fun, efficient, and takes stunning photos this is your girl. She captured so many great moments from our wedding day and we will cherish these photos forever. I honestly could go on and on, but the last thing I will say is if you choose to work with Lauren you will not be disappointed. She’s the best!!!!

Sent on 09/15/2017

Carolyn · Married on 06/18/2017

LAUREN IS A PHOTOGRAPHY GODDESS AND YOU SHOULD HIRE HER FOR ALL OF THE THINGS!

We hired her for our engagement shoot and wedding. She is professional, fun, and she put us at ease. She was always incredibly responsive to my questions, in addition to having great ideas and suggestions. She even gave us awesome ideas for activities to do while we were in Tahoe for our wedding.

Our pictures are just incredible. She has a truly amazing ability to capture the important moments, raw emotions, and Tahoe gorgeousness. We could not be more pleased with how they turned out.

It's also worth mentioning that we had a tight timeline at our venue, and Lauren busted out our formal pictures so efficiently without being pushy about it. We got those babies done in record time, and they turned out great.

All of our guests absolutely raved about how awesome she was and about how unreal our pictures are. Go Lauren!!

She also had an amazing assistant, Nicky, who was also a delight to be around on the day of our wedding! She too has mad photography skills.

I even did a boudoir shoot with Lauren for my husband's grooms gift. The pictures are amazing, and I ended up having SO much fun despite my nerves.

Lauren is simply the best. Hire her! You won't regret it.

Sent on 08/07/2017

Julia · Married on 06/17/2017

Lauren is phenomenal! Writing a review for her doesn't do her justice... but I'll try! Lauren traveled down to SF to take our engagement photos - the girl has NO TRAVEL FEES- which is crazy... on top of her already super affordable wedding package price! We had so much fun and our pictures really captured that! Lauren felt like a friend from the moment we met her. She answered my hundreds of emails, spent time with me on the phone, and always put me at ease and made anything I asked possible.

I was so excited to see Lauren again on our wedding day, and again she fit in perfectly with the whole group and really felt like a wedding guest more so than our photographer. And thank God for Lauren - she laced my corset, bustled my dress, and knew my veil was backwards, when my mom and sisters literally were clueless about what to do. She brought Nicky Lockman along as our 2nd shooter and she was amazing, too! We had so much fun with Lauren at the wedding and she went SO above and beyond for us!

When we got our wedding photos, I got butterflies! It is so amazing to re-live our wedding day again through her amazing work! The only problem is, now I'm glued to my computer because I can't stop looking at them!

I can't wait to see Lauren again and she will for sure be photographing all of our life events - maternity shoots, birthdays, anniversaries, I would even have that girl photograph my funeral if she could... she is that good! My whole family adored her and everyone agrees she really made our wedding special and captured moments like no one else can! Thank you, Lauren! YOU ROCK DON'T EVER CHANGE!

Sent on 07/14/2017

Catherine · Married on 09/10/2016

Lauren is such an easy and reliable vendor to work with - her contracting process was all online and was very easy to work through. We had our wedding in Yosemite National Park and we were having difficulty finding a photographer that had a good eye for balancing the scenery of a place like Yosemite while still capturing the personalities of the wedding party and the couple. Lauren does an excellent job at capturing beautiful scenery as well as the people in the photos. I would highly recommend Lauren for any wedding!

Sent on 10/06/2016

Stefani · Married on 08/05/2016

I booked Lauren Lindley after my wedding photographer bailed on me a few months before the wedding! She was a wedding saver!! She worked so well with me and made me feel so much better about the whole situation that of course I thought was the end of the world! It turned out to be a blessing in disguise because Lauren was phenomenal the day of my wedding! She was right in the middle of all the action the whole day and the pictures turned out beautifully, they really captured all the action. I have so many memories from that day that I now have pictures to match! I can't thank her enough for all her hard work!!

Sent on 09/14/2016

Daniel · Married on 07/16/2016

Lauren more than exceeded our expectations in every way. She was professional, friendly, and helpful throughout all of our communications before the wedding. She worked with us to set up exactly what we wanted for the wedding day--including an adventure up a mountain to take pictures in a meadow before the ceremony! When taking family shots, she was efficient and easy to work with. During the celebration, she managed to capture all the best moments perfectly, and at the same time she managed to stay out of the way and remain virtually invisible. Most importantly, the final product was fantastic. The photos were stunning and everything we could have hoped for. She really captured what the day was all about. We cannot recommend her enough.

Sent on 09/08/2016

Julie · Married on 07/03/2016

There are no words to adequately describe the epicness that is Lauren. From the first email she was an absolute delight to communicate with and I just knew that she understood what I was looking for and would jive with our group. Her personality and energy shines above the rest yet on the day of the wedding it was almost as if she wasn't there and disappeared into sneaky photographer land. Looking through all our photos my partner and parents we were like " when did she do that" "how did she catch that photo?" We were beyond thrilled with the candid photos she captures as well as the efficiency with which she was ably to knock out family photos. Best of all she felt like part of the crew. I can't recommend her enough. Don't even hesitate. She rocks!

Sent on 08/12/2016

Susan · Married on 06/11/2016

My husband and I were very careful when choosing a photographer since our wedding was going to be in outdoors, in bright sunlight, next to a reflective lake (basically, less-than-ideal conditions according to many photographers!) After looking through Lauren's portfolio, I was completely reassured that she would do a fantastic job. From the initial contact all the way through our wedding, Lauren was a dream to work with. She has an eye for incredible shots, and is willing to go the extra mile to ensure the highest quality and best experience possible. I am so thrilled to have gotten the opportunity to work with her, and wholeheartedly recommend her!

Sent on 07/06/2016