Laurel Elise Events Reviews

Laurel Elise Events 7
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth Barnes · Married on 06/21/2019

Best decision!

Hiring Elise as our wedding planner was the best decision we could have made. She is an EXPERT in the field with a wealth of knowledge, experience and resources. We had a tight budget but desired an elegant wedding that us and our guests would remember for a lifetime. She made this dream come alive. She was the driving force in finding vendors that would keep us in budget without sacrificing our desires. As a result of her efforts she made the wedding process stress free and enjoyable. If I were to go through all of this again I would 100% hire Elise and I can not recommend her enough. You will not be disappointed! You will also love her personality, she was a joy to work with.

Elise and her team also did our floral arrangements and OH MY GOSH they blew it out of the park! The arrangements were STUNNING!! The entire bridal party was blown away!!

Sent on 07/05/2019
  • Emily

Emily Thomas · Married on 05/25/2019

We love Elise!

We are eternally grateful for Elise and are so glad we hired her! She was organized, creative, resourceful, and above all, incredibly kind and supportive. Elise made the planning process much more manageable and worked very hard to help us create a magical wedding day. Her vision and positivity helped us navigate our way through two tragic losses before the wedding, allowing us to deepen our celebration rather than derail or cancel it. On the actual weekend of our wedding she was a calm and grounded presence that kept everything running smoothly. Elise has a gift for this work and brings her whole self to the occasion. I am convinced that if Elise had been involved in the Fyre Festival planning, they could have pulled it off... You should definitely hire her!

Sent on 06/06/2019
  • Jacqueline

Jacqueline · Married on 05/04/2019

A life saver in every way!

Looking back, I could not imagine my wedding going off better without Elise. I was initially against having a planner as I am very Type A and like to be in control but my (now) husband convinced me otherwise. Best. Decision. Ever. Elise is very enthusiastic and positive. She took over working with the vendors as the primary contact two months before the wedding (we initially thought it was only going to be one month out but it was a happy surprise for us!). She was great in managing us and our thousand questions, even before she took over. Compared to others we looked at, she offered more for a better price. Elise is worth every penny.

Sent on 06/10/2019

Kristina DiPano · Married on 04/13/2019

The key to wedding day success!

We hired Elise of Laurel Elise Events as a partial planner for our wedding in Charlottesville, Virginia. The wedding ceremony was held at the UVA Chapel and the reception was at the Darden School of Business.

Elise did an amazing job coordinating with our vendors and talking through all of the steps involved in the planning process. She also shared planning software with us that made planning, coordinating with vendors, and creating timelines (for vendors, family, etc.) a breeze. She would always respond promptly with the information that we needed. Even when we ran into obstacles with vendors, she was ready to dive in and do what was necessary to make our day a success. Up until the week of the wedding, we were still adding some finishing touches. Elise not only had stellar creative additions to our design, but also had no problem incorporating our last-minute details.

It is worth mentioning that our wedding was particularly difficult to plan because we were not only coordinating between multiple venues, but my husband and I were also planning the wedding remotely (… and the wedding ended up falling on the weekend of UVA’s basketball national championship celebration and Thomas Jefferson’s birthday – a particularly busy time in Charlottesville!!). Elise went above and beyond to make sure that our wedding ran smoothly.

My favorite part of working with Elise was her personality. While she was very organized, she was always creative and calm. She got along with everyone and our guests and vendors loved her. Elise is extremely knowledgeable and it was clear that she was well respected by all of the vendors that we worked with. Our wedding day was seamless and we had a blast.

Thank you for making it possible for us to have an absolutely beautiful wedding, Elise!

Sent on 05/10/2019

Laurel Elise Events's reply:

Kristina - my heart is so full! I'm so happy and honored that I was able to be a part of your love story. You and Rhett were so wonderful during the planning season and Rhett was SUCH a trooper with his broken foot (two weeks before the wedding!!) The day was so great, I would do it all over again in a heart beat - until next time! xo, Elise

Chloe Terrell · Married on 10/20/2018

Out of this world INCREDIBLE!!!

Where do I start!? It was truly an HONOR to have Elise as our Wedding Planner for our wedding at Veritas Winery, right outside of Charlottesville, VA. I don't think I will ever be able to praise her enough! Elise was beyond what we could ever imagine in a Wedding Planner. She is truly superwoman and handles the craziness of wedding planning with so much class and elegance. She naturally makes you feel like you can trust her with anything and she without a doubt has a heart of gold. Before I found her, I started planning a lot on my own and became overwhelmed planning everything from Charlotte, NC, however, when Elise took things over, my stress washed away. Looking back, I wish I just booked her for full planning rather than partial. She truly listens to your vision and takes it to a whole different level and will blow your mind. She knew I loved candles and gold and brought our reception into a candle lit dream and tied my love for gold in perfectly! The room looked so timeless and it was thanks to Elise's creativity and attention to detail. She is so personal, we even call her family now. From my own experience, she is very well connected in the Charlottesville area and well respected. She also made a point to save us money where we could which I loved about her. All the vendors we booked that knew her raved about her as well and the ones that worked with her for the first time due to our wedding, had positive feedback about her as well. She is extremely organized and has so many resources to keep you on track with your timeline of due dates (which I needed, since I am not the most organized but she was so patient with me). Her online portal has a huge checklist of everything you can think of which I could easily access whenever. She also sent us multiple floor plans she created to help us envision everything. Within her portal she had additional resources like creating timelines for your family and wedding party so everyone had all the details they needed. Her communication is incredible! I always heard back from her within 24 hours but most of the time I heard back from her within a few hours, if not minutes. She took care of putting together our invitation suite to mail out which had quite a bit of details and it looked beautiful! I sent her items in the mail that she had set up for our HUGE wedding party (11 bridesmaids & 16 groomsmen/ushers) which we appreciated so much! It was so nice to walk into our wedding party suites at the venue the day of the wedding and see all of the goodies displayed so beautifully for our wedding party. Everyone loved Elise that had the chance to meet her - Our wedding party was raving about her as well and said she was so helpful when they needed something! Our parents communicated with her a lot as well and she was so accommodating to their needs. Naturally with 250 people at our wedding, I imagined there would be a few hiccups but Elise always reassured me she had things under control and she did. She gave both my husband and I a sense of peace, that I most people dream about leading up to their wedding day. Everyone had a fabulous time! If you have the chance to work with Elise, do not look any further! I cannot stress enough how talented Elise is. She makes things happen and will truly make your dreams come true! Thank you so much Elise for all that you did for us!

Sent on 11/13/2018
  • Mary

Mary · Married on 10/13/2018

The calming presence that every bride needs!

I can not say enough good things about Elise! She was the best decision we made when it came to our wedding investment. From the second she started coordinating our wedding (about 6 weeks out), I felt like a total weight was lifted off of my shoulders. She took over everything! I felt completely confident that our day would be exactly what we dreamt of with her on our team.

We had an at home ceremony and reception so there were so many moving parts. She did not seem stressed or overwhelmed one single time (even when our reception barn was in shambles 2 days beforehand, ha!) She really had such a calming presence about her that kept us all calm even minutes leading up to the walk down the aisle.

As with any event, there were last minute hiccups. When we needed to make last minute adjustments to the schedule, she made them and made sure everyone was on the same page. Thank goodness for her because she handled every single one of them without getting me involved! This was such a relief and really let me enjoy the days leading up to our wedding.

Thank you so much for being such a big part of the biggest and best day of our lives! You are an angel!

Sent on 01/22/2019
    Laurel Elise Events 13
    Laurel Elise Events 14
    Laurel Elise Events 15

Laurel Elise Events's reply:

Mary, thank you SO much!! You are so sweet and your wedding was the best (not to mention your AMAZING first dance!!) I'm so happy and thankful that I was able to be apart of your day! :) Thank you thank you for being such a wonderful bride! - Elise

Molly · Married on 10/06/2018

Elise was hands down the best and most professional wedding hire we worked with for our massive, 2-ceremony, multi-cultural wedding in Charlottesville. Her warmth and willingness to go above and beyond the standard of duty helped alleviate so much stress and potential hiccups along the way, and we would absolutely recommend her to anyone in need of wedding coordination and/or wedding planning. We found out after the wedding that some of our *other* vendors had made some mistakes during the wedding that could have caused issues, but Elise identified them before they could manifest, fixed other peoples' mistakes while still maintaining her own duties and executing them to the fullest, AND she managed to keep any possible problems away from us so that we didn't stress out about them in the moment-- and everything turned out beautifully. We never even knew anything had deviated from the plan, and neither did our guests (it was mostly behind-the-scenes stuff with catering that could've gone wrong, but Elise never let it get far enough to be a problem). People keep telling us that our wedding was "the best wedding they've ever been to"-- I'm sure everyone gets told that about their own wedding, but either way, Elise deserves recognition as part of that praise. We can't gush about her enough! FWIW-- she also has an amazingly friendly, can-do attitude that makes her perfect for this role. We love that she was always available for a text or call when we had questions about something urgent in the lead-up to our wedding. She also has a way of speaking that instills confidence-- exactly what you need on your wedding day when there are a lot of moving parts. 10 out of 10 we'd work with her again! (And we're excited to stay friends with her in the future!)

Sent on 10/11/2018

G · Married on 09/15/2018

Elise planned and executed our BEAUTIFUL wedding at Montfair Resort Farm in Charlottesville. We benefited so much from her insight and experience—from recruiting amazing local vendors, to keeping everyone aware of the evolving plan for our wedding day (hurricane Florence posed a very real threat to our outdoor ceremony plans), to bustling my wedding dress like the expert bridesmaid a bride could only dream of actually having in the wedding party.

Before we were referred to Elise, we met other planners who made us feel like they were basically brokers for high-cost wedding vendors, pressuring us to commit to something more elaborate than we wanted. But Elise is NOT that kind of wedding planner. She operates as more of an advocate for the couple—negotiating contracts, finding vendors that are comfortable with your budget, and connecting you with people you would never otherwise know about (google and wedding wire can only get you so far on your own!). She's definitely someone you want in your corner to look out for your interests every step of the way.

Finally, I want to add that a lot of the responsibilities Elise took over for Day-Of Coordination were such a relief to my closest friends and family. She handled everything from the rehearsal to the reception with professionalism and grace, giving everyone involved in the wedding the chance to actually *enjoy* being there. When I talk to my mom about my wedding, I'm so happy that she can actually remember things about it—details! conversations she had with people!—and not just running around the venue, fielding questions from vendors, and frantically trying to keep things moving on the timeline. We owe that and SO MUCH MORE to Elise! We loved all our vendors, and even then both of us agree Elise was truly the crown jewel. Don't pass up the opportunity to work with her!

Sent on 09/20/2018
    Laurel Elise Events 16
    Laurel Elise Events 17
    Laurel Elise Events 18

Julie · Married on 09/14/2018

Elise was fantastic! She was super fast to respond, communicated clearly, and put together an awesome timeline of events. I handed everything over to her a month before the wedding and didn't have to worry about any planning details or communicating with vendors. I am super budget-conscious and all about DIY, but it was so worth it to have someone help us with the coordination and planning. My fiance and I didn't have to worry about who would set up decor, or who would be responsible for what. Elise also helped us make decisions regarding things when we were uncertain what to do. 100% recommend!

Sent on 09/25/2018

Leanne · Married on 07/07/2018

The most amazing event coordinator in the entire world. I would not be able to have planned my day without the help of Elise! She is absolutely hands down the best there is, and made our day more special than I could ever have dreamed of. Words cannot even explain how wonderful of a individual she is, or even begin to let ya'll know that you NEED to have her plan your wedding. The best decision you'll make when you book with Laurel Elise Events, LLC.

Sent on 07/17/2018

Katie · Married on 06/01/2018

Elise was phenomenal to work with. She is very hard working, passionate about what she does, and very professional.

I was unable to meet Elise for our first meeting to decide if we wanted to hire her so I sent my Mom and Sister and had them call me after. They were both so excited after meeting Elise because she was so organized, had a plan, and assured them that the weeks leading up to the wedding would not be stressful. After we hired Elise about 11 months before the wedding I wasn’t expecting to really have much contact with her until the month before the wedding. That was not the case at all. Elise made herself available to me, and would check in with me to see if I needed anything and made sure I was on track. Anytime I messaged Elise with questions she was very quick to answer. She provided me with a very detailed to do list which was very helpful because I always had a fear I would forget about something. Elise attended one of my venue visits with me and asked all the questions I had never even thought about. She kept in contact with all the vendors, all I did was choose the vendors that I wanted. The month before the wedding she took over everything for me. It was the best feeling to be cc’d in all the emails and to know what was going on but not having to be the one writing emails, coordinating details, finalizing arrivals, and creating a day of timeline. The day of my wedding was completely stress free. Elise and her assistant took care of everything. They set up the entire venue, continued to check on me to see what I needed and stuck to the timeline which I so appreciated. I couldn’t be more pleased with Elise and would highly recommend you consider using her if you are looking for a stress free wedding!

Sent on 06/15/2018

Jessica · Married on 10/08/2017

Elise was wonderful to work with! I used the month-of plan, and she was great in creating a schedule for the day and reaching out to my vendors. Elise was extremely responsive and made herself available to me for last minute details, especially in the week leading up to the wedding. With rain in the forecast, Elise was able to grab umbrellas at the very last minute so that I would be able to have my outdoor wedding pictures. I definitely recommend!

Sent on 11/12/2017