Lakeside Gardens Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner

• Sidney
    Sidney G. Married on 07/09/2021

Third Times the Charm

I could not be more thankful for this Venue and the team that came with it. My husband and I had to reschedule our wedding three times, due to military deployment, and then COVID the second time. They were extremely flexible and understanding of our circumstances and worked with us the past two years trying to make the wedding come together. Their response time was great and Angie was there to answer any qustions or concerns that I had. Due to heavy rainfall we had to move the wedding inside last minute but it turned out beautiful regardless. My wedding guests as well as myself were very happy with the food and the grounds of the venue are beautiful for pictures. Would recommend this venue to anyone wanting to get married at a beautiful gardenlike venue! We were very happy with our experience, Thanks again Lakeside Gardens
    Samantha B. Married on 10/10/2020

Wedding ceremony and reception venue

Lakeside was wonderful to work with! I cannot recommend them enough. We were assigned Angie as our day of coordinator and she went above and beyond to help make our day perfect. They have amazing food and really take the time to make you happy. Can't recommend them enough!
    Cristina Married on 08/15/2020

Beautiful place and great service

We were truly blessed to find this venue for our children’s wedding! Angie was most helpful and the surrounding was magical! I recommend this place for anyone wanting a well organized and stress free event!
    Stephanie L. Married on 08/15/2020

Amazing wedding with amazing views!!

I just had my wedding here last week, and I was so impressed with the level of quality in the services and amenities provided by Lakeside Gardens! Angie, the wedding coordinator, is so knowledgeable and helpful, she made sure that my day went as smoothly as possible, and it did! I recommend this venue to anyone for any event! They truly are excellent in every way.
    Kulani H. Married on 06/12/2020

Birthday party

We had our daughters birthday party here and it was amazing! Staff great communication great and overall great experience.
  • Sharon
    Sharon R. Married on 05/23/2020

It was Excellent

Taylor was really helpful answering all of our questions, showing us around & she was friendly.
    Jennifer L. Married on 09/28/2019

A hidden gem

Our guests loved this little venue with their swans, bridges, gazebos, lakes, and greenery. It's beautiful for pictures and some wandered aimlessly for hours. The food was amazing and we even got a plate saved for us before the guests ate it all! We didn't have a wedding coordinator so having Taylor coordinate everything at Lakeside was a blessing. She was so patient with us as we slowly got the details down for the big day and made sure we had everything we requested. We were hoping for an outdoor wedding but the grass was too wet from rain the night before to even try. She sent us an email about this the night prior to the wedding so we wouldn't be caught off guard the next morning. We didn't have any decorations for an indoor wedding so Taylor quickly decorated the arch for us using fake flowers at Lakeside.

Lakeside Gardens's reply:

Thank you for your kind words. Taylor is a Rock Star....isn't she?? It makes the unexpected rain, seem like no big deal when working with amazing and easy-going couples such as yourselves! We wish you an eternity of happiness!
    XoXo
    Lakeside Gardens
  • Amber
    Amber Married on 08/18/2019

Getting started in the garden

Planning is running smoothly the property is awesome and I can not wait till the big day
    Richard M. Married on 07/11/2019

Best place in Portland for special events

Angie our Event Coordinator was fantastic...very professional, organized and ever present to make sure guests were having a good time. Alura the Chef is very talented and our food was delicious and presentation perfect. Very high quality food. I am in Sales and Marketing for a hotel company in Orlando, Florida and I book events and also organize food and beverage needs with our TEAM and must say we would take all of their employees tomorrow. What a great TEAM they have assembled !!! I am originally from Portland and would like to say I believe this to be the best venue for any event you are planning in the Portland area. Thank you again to the Lakeside TEAM and we hope to see you again in the future.
    Cindy T. Married on 06/29/2019

Beautiful place, wonderful coordinator!

Neither my husband or I knew what weddings were supposed to be like and what we did know, we opted for non-traditional. So, Angie's (our coordinator's) flexibility and patience with us was really appreciated! I felt like we had a list of questions for her every week as the wedding date got closer and then not only was it pouring during rehearsal, we had only half the amount of allotted time because my bridesmaids were late but she still stuck through with us! If I were to redo my wedding, I would want to come back here.
    Ron R. Married on 01/19/2019

Perfect setting with excellent food

The venue itself was absolutely gorgeous. Catering was done thru them and was the best wedding meal I have ever had. Our guests agreed.

Lakeside Gardens's reply:

Thanks Ron! You and Kristine were such a fun couple to work with. Wishing you many years of happiness!
    Alla Married on 02/10/2018
    It was great experience and Angie did such a great job! Thank you all so so much and making all this happen for my mom

Hi Alla,
    Angie is a rockstar isn't she?! Glad you had such a fabulous event. Take care and keep in touch! :-)
  • megangrace
    Megan Married on 07/05/2017
    My husband and I just got married there on July 5th! It is such a gorgeous venue with water, surrounding trees, gazebos, and the swans. Everyone thought the venue was just beautiful and the food was spectacular. Angie was our coordinator, she was very helpful and listened to my every need. The only complaint I have was not knowing that it was a cash only bar. Our day couldn't have been more perfect. Thank you Lakeside Gardens!
    Brenda Married on 10/04/2015
    Lakeside Gardens is beautiful and the perfect venue for our son and daughter in law's wedding.
    Many thanks to coordinator Jenna Naef for her efficiency in making sure everything went smoothly along with the chef and waitstaff to make a lovely day indeed!
    Sincerely,
    Mrs. B. Conant

Lakeside Gardens's reply:

Thank you, Brenda! It's lovely people like you and your family that make this job so rewarding. - Jenna
  • User2402161 2+ years ago
    Lakeside Gardens is the most beautiful place for a wedding. Our wedding day was so seamless and easy we couldn't have asked for a better process. Chris was the best wedding coordinator, we love her!! The food was amazing for our reception. All around a wonderful experience and truly breath taking. I highly recommend the private dinner with the bride and groom, it was so nice to be able to take a breath before greeting guests.
    Audra Married on 09/05/2015
    Lakeside Gardens is such a stunning venue. My husband's grandparents celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary at Lakeside Gardens and when I discovered that I knew we had to get married here. They staff was friendly and responsive. On the day of our wedding my husband I were so pleased with everything. The grounds are absolutely stunning and very well maintained. The food was wonderful. It was such a wonderful day and we are so glad that it took place at Lakeside Gardens.

Lakeside Gardens's reply:

Audra and Chris, you guys were an absolute delight to have here! The same can be said about your friends and family. Glad you had a great time...we sure did!
    xoxo, Jenna
    Clair Married on 07/11/2015
    Lakeside Gardens is a gorgeous venue! Their event planners are very professional. My planner was Lauri and she helped to make my son's wedding and reception a memorable and complete success. They recently hired a new chef and many of our guests expressed that the food was excellent. I could not be more pleased with choosing Lakeside Garden.
    Jessica Married on 09/12/2014
    My whole family was incredibly happy with Lakeside Gardens. It is an absolutely beautiful location: two gazebos, multiple bridges, very green and lovely hanging baskets during the warm months. There is an indoor ceremony location too, in case it rains! Michele was my wedding coordinator and she was incredibly helpful and friendly. The on-site chef did an amazing job: everybody loved the food (and at a pretty reasonable price too!) Michele made some great recommendations on DJ, florist, and chair covers. To brides and grooms planning weddings somewhere they don't live: Lakeside Gardens did a great job of handling everything and making it smooth for me!
    Kathy Married on 08/01/2014
    If you are looking for the pefect place to have your wedding, then go tour Lakeside Gardens in Portland Oregon! My daughter was married there August 1st 2014 . The venue is beautiful. ..(a hidden paradise).The staff was wonderful and very efficient, the onsite chef prepared a very tasteful buffet of food and our wedding planner Chris Cunningham did a excellent job making my daughter's wedding day a success and a beautiful memory!
  • Trish
    Trish Married on 09/04/2009
    Lakeside Gardens is such an AMAZING place to have your wedding ceremony and reception. I am so glad that I was able to book mine with them. I wanted to have my wedding there so badly that I actually booked my wedding day based on a day that they had open and not the other way around. This place is that incredible. There are swans, and ponds and lakes and bridges and waterfalls and fountains and some of the most beautiful scenery around. I absolutely 100% love this place.

I had an evening wedding so the entire grounds were lit up with gorgeous lamp lights and the water fountains in the middle of the lake were lit with multi colored lights and there were little white twinkle lights around the roof of the building and the perimeter of the balcony and bridge. It was breath taking. Some of my guests said it was one of the most romantic places they had ever been too. Couples were able to sneak off during the reception and enjoy a romantic moonlit walk around the grounds. You can definitely feel love when you are at Lakeside Gardens.
    Cathleen Married on 07/10/2009
    First off if you ever have the opportunity please see Lakeside Gardens. This was my fairytale come true. Everything fell into place. Pam Pullioff was our wedding coordinator provided by Lakeside Gardens. She was available for us even when she wasn't available. If we had to do it again, we would do it again there..again and again. And we would always request Pam Pullioff.
    Vivian Married on 09/19/2015
    Absolutely stunning venue for an outdoor or indoor event! Beautiful landscapes with a very photogenic garden. Spacious indoor reception area with large windows looking out towards the garden.

Kudos to Jenna for being such a great coordinator! Very professional, responses to my calls/emails/texts within the same day, and very accomudation and flexible to my last minute requests. Thank you for making our wedding timeline run in such a timely manner!

The food was great! We have many guests who commented that the food was delicious (and this is coming from very traditional Vietnamese elders who are not familiar with buffet style American food catering). The only downside, and the reason why I gave a 4.5 star in the overall value, is that the venue requires in-house catering only. It costed us $100/entree (on top of the cost of outside catering) to incorporate a few traditional Vietnamese dishes to accomudation guests who could only eat Vietnamese food. Besides this minor detail, reasonable price for the space and the food and drinks.

Overall, we had a great experience and would definitely recommend this venue for couples looking for a great place to host their special day!!!

Lakeside Gardens's reply:

Thank you for the nice words, Vivian! It was such a pleasure to work with you and Triet and I can't wait to see the photo that was snapped of the three of us. :-) I will pass on your compliment to our chef, Alura about pleasing the elders - what an accomplishment! It seemed that everyone had a good time, and that band you hired was fantastic. Hope to see them back here again. Hope your tropical honeymoon was fantastic! xoxo, Jenna
    Kara Married on 05/18/2013
    Lakeside Gardens is breath taking. Due to poor weather our wedding had to be moved inside. The view from the ceremony was just beautiful. The best thing about Lakeside is a wedding coordinator is included. We got Caroline who was the best. We had planning meetings beforehand and she made sure every detail was covered. During the entire ceremony and reception she was there making sure everything ran smoothly. Our wedding would have fell apart with out here. Prices are reasonable considering the location and services you get with it.
    Joan Married on 07/28/2007
    I love Lakeside Gardens! If I had to do it all over again, I would choose the same place. Having a wedding coordinator there on the day of the wedding took a lot of the work and pressure off of us, so we could enjoy our special day. Everyone said it was one of the most beautiful places they had every been to for a wedding in Portland and the food was great! =) I would highly recommend this place to anyone that wants in outdoor wedding in Oregon.