Knot Too Shabby Events Reviews

72 Reviews for Knot Too Shabby Events

Knot Too Shabby Events 1
Knot Too Shabby Events 2

Cameron · Married on 04/18/2015

It was such a pleasure to work with Melissa for our wedding! She was very helpful with helping us plan and give us ideas. Melissa was very easy to work with and easy to get along with, she truly felt like a friend helping me out with our wedding. She did a great job of taking all the stress of planning and setup off of our minds. We will definitely use Knot Too Shabby Events in the future to help with planning our next event.

Sent on 09/03/2015

Katie · Married on 01/24/2015

Melissa and her team did an awesome job at making our wedding day amazing and everything we could've ever wanted. Melissa was extremely pleasant and professional every time we met to plan and also on our big day. The Knot Too Shabby team went above and beyond for our wedding. We recommend them to everyone!

Sent on 03/01/2016

Laura · Married on 11/06/2014

Melissa was incredible. She is full of advise and ideas. She took the little bit I gave to her and ran with it. I walked in the morning of my bridesmaid brunch and was in complete shock over how beautiful she made the room look. After leaving to enjoy the day with my bridal party and returning for the rehearsal dinner Melissa had done it again. The room was transformed into the perfect atmosphere for us all to enjoy a beautiful relaxing evening together. All the vendors were coordinated without me having to make one phone call. I never even had to clean up a mess or pack a box up after either event. Melissa took care of everything including my bridal nerves! She is well worth the investment and in my opinion underpaid! It shows in her work and planning that she is experienced and loves what she is doing.

Sent on 11/18/2014

Melissa was an absolute dream to work with! I was so stressed about everything and she was always so reassuring and so quick to respond via email if I had any questions, concerns, or ideas. She truly cares about her clients and puts her heart and soul into each event that she plans. Melissa took my scattered ideas and my unorganized pile of decorations and turned them into my dream wedding. Not a single detail was forgotten and she even added a few of her own little twists just to top it all off. Melissa's services truly are priceless and you will walk away with a new friend.

Sent on 11/18/2014

Laura · Married on 10/11/2014

If I could give Melissa with Knot Too Shabby Events 20 stars I would. Besides choosing to marry my groom, Melissa was the best decision I made with my wedding. She understood from the start what we wanted, what our vision was and steered us in the right direction each and every time. Not only did I know the reception was in good hands, but what Melissa produced took our breaths away. She took every ounce of worry away from us so we, along with our family, could truly enjoy the day. She made our intimate wedding of 19 feel like the grandest and most important event and for that, we are incredibly grateful. There is no one else I would've entrusted with the details of our day. She has an incredible, enthusiastic spirit and is a true PRO at what she does. Melissa is without a doubt the BEST.

Sent on 10/19/2014

Molly Anne · Married on 10/04/2014

I hired Melissa as my day of coordinator last weekend for an engagement party that was actually a surprise wedding! It was something that was planned in a matter of weeks, so you can imagine how stressful the weeks prior to the event were.

I'm having a hard time articulating how amazing Melissa is as a wedding planner. She is the perfect example of someone who has truly found her calling in life! Aside from my husband, she was the very BEST decision I made in my wedding planning. She was so responsive, and easy to communicate with. She ALWAYS knew exactly what to say to ease my worries and concerns, and she saw that my day went PERFECT and so smooth. I had several guests comment on how wonderful she was. My wedding day was so hectic at times and all I had to say was "ask Melissa..." or "Please get Melissa" and she was there. It's a wonder how that woman can be in so many places at once.

I can't say enough wonderful things about her. I have tears in my eyes trying to wrap my head about how much I appreciate her being there. THANK YOU MELISSA! For everything you did, we couldn't have done it without you.

Sent on 10/07/2014

Paul · Married on 09/27/2014

Melissa was the planner for our reception, and every detail was exactly as we hoped. She is professional and had numerous suggestions for vendors and schedule that made our wedding day incredibly easy. Of all the vendors needed to make a wedding day happen, in retrospect the planner is probably the most critical - she was on top of every detail so we could enjoy our day. Melissa is fantastic, I would highly recommend her to anyone planning a wedding in Wilmington.

Sent on 10/07/2014

Mary · Married on 09/27/2014

Melissa, of Knot too Shabby, was absolutely amazing! She has defined balance. The balance between guiding and directing to listening and envisioning. End result and absolutely breath taking day! Our planning took place from four hours away, which was far more challenging logistically than I'd thought, though I think that's a great way to describe how the entire wedding planning process was to me...challenging. There were far more details than I'd ever imagined. Melissa kept me sane and grounded through out the process. She was always quick with emails when I needed opinions or had thoughts. She was a tremendous help with reviewing and finalizing our rental and libation order. She was flexible each time we planned our monthly wedding planning trips to line up vendors etc... She was able to be candid and professional with her thoughts, and she really knows her business. The other thing I noticed was she has a lot of respect through out the Wilmington vendors. Ultimately Melissa set up every detail with amazing attention and thoroughness. I tell you, I think for Melissa setting up and carrying out events is a true labor of love! I'm truly touched when I remember the feeling when I saw how beautiful the venue was on my wedding day....that day that seemed so far away! It was a dream. Melissa does her job so well that I actually miss her! Talk about meeting as strangers and becoming friends somewhere along the process! Beyond my imagination!

Sent on 11/17/2014

Brittany · Married on 09/26/2014

Melissa was wonderful and did an amazing job! She is very helpful and is quick to respond to emails. I thoroughly enjoyed working with her. She made our day extra special!

Sent on 10/26/2014

Trey · Married on 06/21/2014

An absolute pleasure to work with... timely, trustworthy, creative and even authoritative at the right times! A great staff, as well as very knowledgeable and insightful - and Fun! I would recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 07/12/2014

Sonja · Married on 05/10/2014

We hired Melissa as our day of coordinator, and it was one if the best decisions we made! Melissa was very helpful and was always there to answer any of my questions at anytime! She had amazing suggestions and paid attention to the small details. She added touches of her own, and in the end was able to take my ideas for our big day and turn them into a reality! We couldn't have asked for more and we definately reccomend Melissa for your wedding!!

Sent on 07/13/2014

Candice · Married on 05/03/2014

We hired Melissa for our day of coordination for our May 3, 2014 wedding & (minus the groom) she was hands down the BEST decision we made for our wedding! Going into the planning/wedding process I had ideas of what I wanted as the vision for our wedding but had no idea exactly how to carry it out & if it all would look good together. Melissa has a knack for validating your ideas and making suggestions that add to it all in a way that makes you feel comfortable & excited for your own individual wedding. I have no idea how I would have stayed sane in the last couple days before & day of our wedding if it wasn't for the complete trust I had in Melissa & her ability to carry out our vision. And, man, did she deliver. Our wedding, and all the little details, were exactly what we wanted & extra!! Melissa took all the stress out of the final hours before & day of wedding & for that I am extremely thankful! I had numerous family/friends that day of and post wedding raved about not only our beautiful wedding but our amazing, professional, and likable wedding planner, Melissa. On top of how great she was during the lead up to the wedding I must also rave about how great she was during the planning process. We got married at the River Room, in downtown Wilmington, NC, but live in Charlotte, NC. Throughout our 9 month engagement Melissa was always extremely prompt, night or day, in getting back to my emails/calls & always made me feel like our wedding was the most important one to her at that moment (although obviously it wasn't haha), which, sure puts you at ease during such a stressful & exciting time in your life. If anyone is thinking about Melissa, for any wedding planning services, my suggestion would be DO IT!! You will not regret it & it will probably be one of the best decisions you make for your wedding:)

Sent on 06/14/2014

Erin · Married on 04/27/2014

Melissa provided Day of Coordination for my April 2014 wedding. I am so thankful we chose her! Pre- wedding discussions were collaborative, productive, and fun- it was like talking to your best friend while getting serious planning done at the same time! She organized our discussions in a way that absolutely nothing was missed, and every detail was captured on a shared document which I could add comments and questions to at any time. I really appreciated Melissa’s approach. She was very respectful of our vision so we could make the day exactly how we wanted, even if it wasn’t typical for a wedding, but she was always ready with excellent suggestions on anything we hadn’t thought of or couldn’t decide on (or disagreed on!). Throughout the process she was supportive and super enthusiastic and extremely organized. She is a busy woman but I always felt like I was her top priority! The day of, I didn’t have to worry about a single issue because she solutioned anything that came up (including tracking down pliers for my bustle!) My husband, my mom, and a friend all remarked after the fact “that would have been tough to pull off without Melissa!” I have to agree! Thanks so much Melissa.

Sent on 05/30/2014

Kinsley · Married on 09/27/2013

Absolutely the best choice I made for my wedding (aside from my groom:-). Melissa was such a sweet person to work with. She covered everything I could think of, and things I hadn't thought of. Great communication and attention to every detail. Our entire wedding planning experience and day of was enjoyable and stress free-yes, I said it...STRESS FREE wedding planning! I could not think of anything I would change. Our day was more than perfect and exceeded our expectations. Our friends and family still talk about how beautiful our event was, and how it was the perfect set up, timing, food and decor. She's certainly in the right business, as her passion for her work shows in everything she does. We're already planning our 1 year anniversary with her-and our friends and family are just as excited as we are. Highly recommend for anyone in need of event planning!

Sent on 04/11/2014

Matthew · Married on 08/30/2013

Melissa coordinated our wedding last year, and put simply she was a life saver. She cared about the success of our wedding so much it was obvious to me that it was more than just a job. Neither my wife nor I lived in Wilmington and that made it very difficult. Melissa made it easy. She's the best!

Sent on 03/09/2014

Melisa is the one who put my mind at ease the day of my wedding. She met with me several times to learn who I was, and what expectations I had for my reception. One evening when my boyfriend and I were walking down town Wilmington, we stopped at a window at the River Room, admiring in awe of the wedding that was taking place. The raw beauty of the building and location captivated me. My first thought was, "We could never afford anywhere like this!". Being the planner I am, my curiosity got the best of me. Weeks later I stopped in at the River Room, which is when I met Melissa. She took the time to discuss vendors and prices with us, and answered any questions we had. We quickly discovered that the River Room was affordable, and would come with an amazing planner. Less than a year later, we were engaged, and the next day we signed with the River Room and Melissa! Upon signing with her, she referred me vendors that were approved for the River Room. We chose our D.J., makeup artist, florist, and caterer, all upon her recommendation. I met with Melissa a few times, and we exchanged emails through out the year as we continued to plan our dream reception. I did not get to see the reception venue decorated before our entrance that evening as the new Mr. and Mrs., but looking back, I'm glad I didn't. It was such a surprise for my husband and I, and exceeded our expectations greater than anything we could have imagined. Any bride would be blessed to have Melissa and Knott Too Shabby Events coordinate their wedding. As hard as it may be ladies, give up the control and allow Melissa to do her thing! I can promise you- you won't regret it!

Sent on 11/10/2014

Kaitlin · Married on 05/04/2013

Melissa was absolutely amazing throughout the process of planning my wedding! I hired her to be my day-of coordinator, which she did perfectly, but she did so much more! She helped me find vendors, gave me suggestions on how to set up the ceremony and reception, and gave me all the other essential information that I needed to ensure that my wedding day would be perfect. Melissa met with me and my then fiancé several times during the planning process. She always managed to make us feel relaxed and confident in our planning.
    When it came to the big day, she was wonderful! My grandma, mother, and family friend arrived very early(earlier than planned) and Melissa was there ready to help. During the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception, I did not worry about a thing! She was so on top of everything!! Many of my guest commented on how sweet and organized Melissa was!
    My husband and I would definitely recommend using Melissa to help you with your special event!!

Sent on 03/05/2014

Laura · Married on 04/05/2013

Melissa was the day - of - coordinator for my husband Mike & I. She was available anytime I needed her via phone or email. There were a few times I felt overwhelmed, and she was always there to reassure me everything was going to work out. Our wedding day, April 5th, 2013 truly was the best day of my life!

Sent on 04/16/2014

Kelly · Married on 06/29/2013

Melissa was a complete lifesaver for my wedding! She did an incredible amount of work for a very reasonable fee. My wedding day was calm, smooth and successful because of Melissa. I came to her in the midst of a major wedding planning crisis, and she was able to help me find the resources I needed very quickly. She was able to take my crazy, scattered style and design ideas and turn them into a beautiful wedding reception. I'm so thankful that she was able to be a part of my wedding!

Sent on 03/03/2014

Jennifer · Married on 10/15/2016

Melissa and her team are great! She offered "Month Of" services where she reached out to our vendors to confirm our numbers and needs with each one. When I ran into unforeseen issues, she made excellent suggestions to get us back on track. On the day of, she and her team took care of everything for us. The wedding went off without a hitch ... she even saved the cake cutting since I'd forgotten a knife and serving set. She had one in her car! I would absolutely recommend Melissa and her team to any bride!

Sent on 10/22/2016

Martha · Married on 10/29/2016

Make sure that communication between bride, mom, and planners is consistent.

Sent on 02/18/2017

Lindsey · Married on 09/24/2016

The entire team was great especially with the challenges our wedding posed by having our ceremony on a boat. Everyone worked together and made everything run smoothly! I would definetly recommend this team to any bride!

Sent on 11/13/2016