Knot Too Shabby Events Reviews

72 Reviews for Knot Too Shabby Events

Knot Too Shabby Events 1
Knot Too Shabby Events 2

Kristen · Married on 08/12/2016

Melissa and her team made our wedding day as stress free as it could possibly be! I didn't have to worry about decorating, when vendors were arriving, if my fiancé was running on time, EVERYTHING was taken care of! I was planning a destination wedding in wilmington from New Jersey, so Melissa really helped me with which vendors to choose! Seriously, you will not regret going with knot too shabby, it was money well spent! I cannot thank Melissa and her team enough for helping make our wedding day one of the best days of our lives!

Sent on 10/06/2016

Sharron · Married on 07/16/2016

I just can't say enough about Melissa and her staff. Everything was absolutely perfect when I meet Melissa she said your wedding day will be sipping champagne and feeling beautiful without anything else to worry about. That's exactly what she delivered . Love you Melissa and Raylin (sorry if I spelled it wrong) you made me feel like a princess !!

Sent on 08/03/2016

Taylor · Married on 06/04/2016

Melissa and her team literally made our wedding what it was. From the very beginning she was extremely hands on, helpful, and attentive, despite only being our "month of" coordinator. She has a way of streamlining the process of wedding planning so that it is stress free and SO much fun! She always came to meetings with a game plan and any suggestions I may have needed, and was so helpful when I got stuck on something I wasn't quite sure how to pull off. Our wedding ended up being so beautiful and organized beyond my expectations. I literally gave them a pile of stuff to decorate with and what they did with everything was so creative and beautiful! The timeline was so streamlined and natural, everyone knew exactly where to be and when in a way that didn't seem at all rushed or scattered. We ended up being able to enjoy every second of it instead of worrying about the logistics. Melissa is so passionate and talented about the work that she does and it really shows through in the final product. She made our wedding day absolutely perfect and if you are on the fence about booking even a day-of coordinator (& trust me you NEED one) she is hands down the best decision you will make!

Sent on 06/14/2016

Meagan · Married on 05/21/2016

Melissa Burton and Knot Too Shabby Events(KTSE) are TOP notch to say the LEAST!! If it were not for Melissa and KTSE my wedding would NOT have been possible!!!! My husband and I got married at Airlie Gardens and the venue required we hire a day of wedding coordinator for our wedding. I did some research online for wedding/event coordinators and came upon KTSE. I was IMMEDIATELY impressed with her website and creative business name and I reached out regarding availability for services for our wedding day. NOT even 4 hours later, I had a response in my inbox from Melissa herself! We set up a sit down meeting and she had me asked me to fill out a details sheet online document about my wedding (set up, wedding style, vendors, etc) prior to our meeting which was extremely thorough.
    At our sit down meeting, I was impressed-- yet again-- with her professionalism, organization, and attention to detail. She had reviewed my detail sheet and was very informed on what I was looking for in our wedding and also what we were looking for in a coordinator. Melissa explained the services included in her "month of" package which was PERFECT for us and extremely helpful because the 30 days prior to your wedding is CRAZY and every couple needs help-- whether you believe it or not! The contract logistics and payment process with them was definitely one of the easiest out of all of our 12 wedding vendors!
    During the time leading up to the wedding, Melissa was ALWAYS responsive and helpful. If I needed anything she was ALWAYS there and always SUPER quick to respond! Our rehearsal and wedding day went of without a hitch! We had a TON of moving parts for our wedding and Melissa and her team made the process SEAMLESS!! Her organization and communication was ALWAYS way above par!!
    If you are a bride, groom, or couple who thinks they can do it all...guess what-- you can't! Stop what you are doing right now and contact KTSE-- you will be SO glad you did!!

Sent on 06/07/2016

Samantha · Married on 05/14/2016

I cannot say enough good things about the Knot Too Shabby Team! My wife and I met Melissa back in 2015 when we hired her for our May 2016 wedding. Now, I know this review is coming really late as I normally do not write reviews... However, this is well deserved!
    Sara and I had been researching gay friendly venues and vendors after reading horror stories of people refusing services to LGBT couples. Melissa was actually the coordinator for our venue at the time and I believe she was also doing Knot Too Shabby. We were a little nervous about the initial meeting considering there was still a lot of controversy about same sex marriage. Melissa completely put our minds at ease! I knew from that day she would be ninja jumping the railings after anyone who tried to disrupt our day :D
    Now, I will admit I didn't want to spend the extra money on a planner since we were already on a pretty tight budget but I'm so thankful that I did!! The KTS team went above and beyond. They kept me organized, sane, and reminded me of all the small things that people tend to forget. Day of wedding I dropped everything off at the venue and let everyone do the decorating for me. IT WAS PERFECT! It should be noted that I did have some mishaps but Melissa was quick to the rescue. 1. One of my bridesmaids dresses ripped before the ceremony (We sewed that thing back on and I had a drink poured and waiting on me) 2. I forgot the MOH's special beer (She only drinks one kind and she is the MOH after all..Melissa left the reception to go pick it up) 3. Last minute pricing issues with a caterer (She handled that one too)
    Not once did we feel like we were treated different for being a part of the LGBT community. You could tell the KTS team was genuinely happy for us and it was special to my wife and I to be surrounded by such and amazing and talented team. If you're looking for a coordinator I whole heartily recommend KTS!!! Bonus: She may even take you to a beer festival ;)

Sent on 06/26/2017

Peyton · Married on 05/01/2016

Let me tell you a little about my experience with Knot Too Shabby... Hands down, Melissa and her whole team were the best decision I made for the whole wedding. They were AMAZING! I can't praise them enough. They were punctual, listened to all of my concerns and desires, took a LOT of stress off of my shoulders for the whole "month of" that they were mine, and made my wedding seamless! My wedding night went smoothly and flawlessly. Not one hiccup, not one problem, not one disaster. Nothing! And that is wonderful to be able to say because there are tons of wedding horror stories out there. I truly believe that is because Melissa and her team were there taking care of every small detail. Melissa was on top of everything! Melissa and her team took all of my planning, tears, and hard work and brought my whole vision to life the night of our wedding. She was so easy to work with, always returned my calls, and went above and beyond. I didn't even direct them to use my ceremony decor during the reception, but they came up with creative uses that looked beautiful! It's small details like that example that made me truly love and appreciate being able to work with Knot Too Shabby. If you want a professional, talented, and caring team to help plan or coordinate your event, I highly recommend Knot Too Shabby!!!!!!!!!!

Sent on 05/26/2016

Lauran · Married on 04/23/2016

I couldn't have done my wedding with out these fine ladies! They are experienced, and know all the right people. My wedding went perfect and I owe it to them!

Sent on 11/01/2016

Tiffany · Married on 04/16/2016

Rule #1 of wedding planning: Hire a wedding planner/coordinator! Melissa was recommended to me from several people. I booked the "month of" package with her. Totally and 100% worth it! She has found her calling with event planning! She was super nice, professional and completely on top of her game! She thought of things that I never would have considered on my own. Our wedding day went off without a glitch! Highly recommend!!!

Sent on 04/29/2016

Melissa was an absolute godsend. I was in charge of throwing a 120 person rehearsal dinner for my brother and his wife in Wrightsville Beach. Living in New York I had no way of organizing such a big event with only a month's notice From day one, Melissa was calm, intelligent, organized, available, and no request was too great or too small. She and her extremely professional team planned an extraordinary night -- they organized everything from the flowers, linens, lighting, caterers, a terrific band, and several personal touches like framed photos from my brother's childhood. Even a last minute sudden venue change due to unusually cold weather didn't rattle her -- she and her team helped re-design the whole party layout in another building, and even found heat lamps with about six hours notice that arrived right on time. People who were familiar with the venue said they had never seen it look so beautiful. It was a night we will never forget. Most importantly, she made what could have been a stressful weekend a total joy.

Sent on 04/21/2016

The wedding turned out better than I could have ever dreamed of in large part thanks to Melissa and her team. It was a magical night and I highly recommend KTSE. This team pulled off an amazing wedding and it will go down as one of the best nights of our life!

Sent on 04/18/2016

Val · Married on 01/01/2016

Melissa was exactly who we needed to help keep us calm and organized for the wedding events. She knew the questions to ask, the suggestions to make, and how to help us take care of the details - I never could have done it by myself! She was there for the rehearsal and for the wedding day events. Family should deal with family during this time; Melissa dealt with everything else. Thank you Melissa!

Sent on 01/19/2016

Amber · Married on 10/17/2015

Melissa and the Knot Too Shabby girls are awesome!! Worth every penny, Melissa knows her stuff! They helped make my wedding day stress free, and down right perfect by handling the month of details, and coordination and set up on the day of. I can't say enough good things about Melissa and her crew....just use Knot Too Sabby, you won't regret it! I would give her 100 stars if this thing would let me!

Sent on 10/27/2015

Melissa is the best! Instead of making me choose rather or not to have the ceremony inside the morning of, she waited till an hour before and moved everything inside!

Sent on 10/28/2015

Tiffany · Married on 10/03/2015

Let me just say that Melissa was a life saver! She made me feel at ease from the moment I met with her! She has a calming nature about her that just made me feel comfortable and I had ZERO worries the day of my wedding! She is a true professional at what she does and I would recommend her to EVERYONE!

Sent on 10/26/2015

Ashley · Married on 09/26/2015

Melissa with Knot Too Shabby Events did an amazing job helping and executing the perfect wedding day for us. She was there from beginning to end. She was very accommodating and easy to work with. She was available whenever I need something. The day of would not have been as perfect without Melissa and her team there. The entire night was seamless and we were able to enjoy our wedding. Her and her team set up the venue beautifully and perfect. I would recommend Knot Too Shabby for any event you want to be perfect and want to be able to enjoy your event without worry!

Sent on 10/20/2015

Jessie · Married on 09/19/2015

I cannot say enough about how vital Melissa was to the wonderful success of the most amazing day I have ever had! Every single detail she had covered even when I changed plans more than a few times. I have never been more relaxed than I was on the day of my wedding because I knew that my wedding planner had everything under control. We were married at the River Room in downtown Wilmington, NC and had our ceremony and reception at the same location. Although we tried to make things as simple as possible it was still a lot to do. We hired Melissa for the month of package and this covered all of our needs since I was doing a lot of the planning by myself but the last minute details I didn't even think about the month before the wedding Melissa covered them all.

On the day of the wedding my MOH and I dropped off all of our decor and lists of where things went and when I came back in to our reception area the place took my breath away, it was SO much more than I had imagined and seeing it all come together so beautifully was worth more than what I paid for the service. The location had an awesome chalkboard bar that was so cool and in our rush, my MOH and I had scribbled the bar menu down on the chalkboard quickly and it looked junky, when I returned for our wedding it looked so much better and I was so glad they fixed our scribbles. When my maids and I were lining up my junior bridesmaid that was a last minute addition to the wedding party didn't have a bouquet and without hesitation my amazing wedding planner stepped in and gathered together a cute little arrangement from some flowers that were just laying around.

Our wedding went off without a hitch and I owe it all to Melissa. She was worth SO much more than what we paid and I am beyond thankful for everything that she did for us on our wedding day. If you hire Melissa you will not regret it and your wedding is guaranteed to be more than you ever dreamed of!

Sent on 11/07/2015

Neil · Married on 09/12/2015

Melissa is a true professional who works with her clients from the initial meeting through and including the reception. There is literally no obstacle she can't overcome for her clients and she speaks in terms that are totally comprehensible to her clients. She possesses all of the key attributes of a planner: strategic planning, detail oriented, contingency plans at the ready and superior communication skills. I highly recommend Not Too Shabby Events if you are interested in planning an upcoming wedding.

Sent on 09/15/2015

Mariah · Married on 09/12/2015

Melissa was amazing and super helpful. She covered EVERYTHING that could possibly need attention from day 1!

Sent on 10/26/2015

J · Married on 08/30/2015

I was on the fence about getting a wedding coordinator but I'm so glad I did! We had an 90 person wedding at a beach house on Topsail Island. I'm a very low maintenance and low stress person so I was unsure if bringing in someone would be overbearing and more stressful. We worked with Knot Too Shabby Events (month of coordination) and everything went really well. Again, I'm so glad they were there. We planned most of our wedding ourselves and KTSE helped us execute our vision with ease and no stress. Melissa is wonderful to work with. Very easy going but detail oriented, organized and capable. Her team is awesome too! Hard working and very nice. I highly recommend them!

Sent on 09/14/2015

Justine · Married on 07/10/2015

Melissa was amazing! She is friendly and easy to work with, and she listens to your ideas and what you want. She was very accessible so I could always count on hearing from her when I had questions or concerns. The day of the wedding and reception went so smoothly that I didn't notice any problems come up at all, which means she did her job! :) I also asked her to decorate the space with the supplies I provided. I had a general idea of what I wanted the space to look like, but asked her to just
    "make it look good" and when I saw the space, it looked wonderful. So whether you know exactly how you want everything set up, or you want to trust the styling to your planner, Melissa is a great choice for both. I would easily trust her again with another event!

Sent on 03/03/2016
  • Taneia

Taneia · Married on 07/03/2015

A wedding planning gem... Melissa’s professionalism, expertise, and wide vision were key in the most enjoyable time of our lives. Even for our small wedding of 54 guests at the River Room on July 3, 2015, we realized that it needs just as much work, if not more, than a larger wedding.

From the beginning, she understood the big picture, listened to our needs, and offered amazing advice and alternatives. She is an expert planner who has plenty of ideas of her own, but always understands that this is your day and allows you to have your own opinion, which sets her apart as a true event planner vs just any other planner.

Our wedding was a dream from beginning to end, without a single worry from our end. We were both completely relaxed, knowing Melissa would handle everything perfectly, which she did.

Melissa, is a true gem. Her no-nonsense approach, tireless work ethic, and creativity will all come together to give you the best event or wedding you've ever dreamed- and beyond!”
    We highly recommend Knot Too Shabby Events.

Sincerely,
    Marc & Taneia Lamar
    EST. 07.03.2015

Sent on 07/28/2015

C · Married on 05/23/2015

I told Melissa from our first phone conversation that my main goal was to have fun at my wedding. I plan events during the year, so I just wanted to show up relaxed instead of working hard at my own wedding. Melissa and her team made every step of the wedding flawless and easy. We live in a different state, so Melissa's knowledge of the vendors and the town were crucial. I cannot stress enough how professional her whole team was during the day of my wedding and how professional Melissa was while we were in the planning stages. We found Melissa online since we didn't know anyone in Wilmington and decided to talk to her mainly because her prices were right on her website. Thank goodness we booked her! She was a dream to work with and kept us both calm and happy in the planning stages as well as relaxed on the day of our wedding. I literally did not stress at all because I knew Melissa was going to handle it. The vendors she pointed us towards were incredible. People are still talking about the food, and we hardly had any leftovers. I am in love with my wedding photos, and the venue looked perfect because of the vendor Melissa recommended. My husband and I are incredibly frugal, but Melissa's services from Knot Too Shabby were worth every penny! Thanks, Melissa!

Sent on 07/22/2015

Melissa was very helpful. She was easy to get in touch with and always had answers to my questions! She made my wedding day relaxing and perfect

Sent on 06/01/2015

Kasey · Married on 05/02/2015

When we decided to get married on Bald Head Island, I knew that I needed to find a wedding coordinator who could help us plan our wedding, especially since we were doing everything from VA. Hiring Melissa was one of the best decisions we made! From our first phone call and through our wedding day, Melissa was organized, helpful and professional. We hired Melissa for the "month of package" but she went above and beyond what was expected of her. She was so helpful in tying together all of my ideas and understood exactly how I was looking for everything to go. Melissa helped coordinate local vendors for rentals, and kept us all on schedule. I am someone that has a passion for event planning, but I knew that on my wedding day I would want someone to take charge and make everything come together. Melissa did exactly that! The morning of the wedding, Melissa and her team took all of the decor and DIY projects, and set up our ceremony and reception venues even more beautifully than I could have imagined! The logistics of coordinating a wedding on a remote island with golf cart transportation only could be difficult, but Melissa made everything go smoothly and it was flawless! A year later, and guests are still talking about how much they enjoyed it! You always hear brides talk about how at least one thing always goes wrong at the wedding, but we woke up the morning after the wedding and couldn't think of one detail that was missed or one thing we would change. I would say that we have Melissa and the Knot Too Shabby team to thank for that!

Sent on 07/22/2016

Cameron · Married on 04/18/2015

Melissa was great to work with! She definitely took all the stress of planning and having to deal with the vendors away from me and made it very easy to have a wonderful time at our wedding. She had great ideas and was also flexible about meeting with me and my crazy schedule.

Sent on 06/02/2015