Kirkbrides Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2011 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2010 Winner

• Lucy
    Lucia Married on 10/15/2021

Best decision to go with Kirkbrides

Kirkbrides helped make our wedding day phenomenal. Jayna our wedding coordinator was wonderful to work with. She helped our wedding day run so smoothly. My family as well as my husbands family were able to truly enjoy every moment of the day. Jayna and her excellent team were fantastic. My husband and I are so thankful we chose to work with Kirkbrides. Highly recommend to every couple wanting their day to go perfectly!
  • Ramona
    Ramona W. Married on 07/10/2021

Best day ever!!

I worked with Katie for about a year and a half planning our wedding on 7/10/21. I always knew I wanted to hire a wedding planner being that I was finishing up my last year of grad school while planning. However, so many people discouraged me from doing so and told me it was not worth the money. I cannot even begin to describe how wrong everyone was!! Out of the hundreds of decisions that come with planning a wedding, choosing Katie was my best one by far. Not only is she professional, creative, organized, and unbelievably talented and amazing at her job, she is truly one of the best, most kind, humans I have ever had the pleasure of meeting.

Wedding planning can be very stressful, especially during a pandemic! Katie consistently kept me grounded and calm. She handled any issues or stressors that arose in the planning process with absolute grace and helped my husband and I navigate very tricky and sensitive family situations. She communicated clearly and constantly and even with weddings almost every weekend leading up to our big day, we NEVER felt like we were unimportant to her. She helped me make big decisions, worked things out when I changed my mind, and was so patient with me throughout the whole process. Her support was unwavering, even if I needed to vent about non-wedding stuff.

We knew our wedding would be beautiful, but we never imagined it would be what it was. I honestly have goose bumps every time I think about it. Katie and our entire vendor team executed our vision so perfectly. We had so many people come up to us or reach out to us after to tell us they were so moved by the entire day and had the best time. Our families (and my husband and I) were able to not worry about a single detail and truly just focus on enjoying the day and weekend. We all felt so taken care of and Katie knew what we needed without even asking most of the time. Shout out to Ajia, Shelby, and Rachel who were with us on wedding day as well and helped to make the day run so smoothly. They were amazing! Thank you ladies!

Katie and the Kirkbrides team went above and beyond to make 7/10/21 the best day of our lives. Luke and I cannot ever express our full gratitude. We feel so lucky to have worked with her and gotten to know her. So much so that I was crying and hugging her at the end of the night before our sparkler exit because even though it meant we were about to embark on a very exciting new chapter of being husband and wife, it also meant our time working with Katie was coming to an end. Brides and future brides— PLEASE hire Katie/Kirkbrides if you are looking for a wedding planner. I cannot say enough wonderful things.
    Thank you, thank you, thank you!

-Ramona and Luke Kelly 7/10/21
    Alissa Married on 02/29/2020

Stress Free!!!

When my now husband and I began planning our wedding, I knew that I wanted a planner/coordinator involved at some point but my husband was a bit skeptical if it really made sense within our budget. I'm happy to say that after our wedding was all said and done, my husband said to me "I don't know what we would of done without them, they were 100% worth it!". We worked with Stephanie and she was very flexible with us on what we were looking for her assistance on and what we wanted to handle ourselves. She ended up creating a special package for us where she sat down with us about a year before our wedding and talked through what I lovingly called the "vibe" of our wedding. We walked through all the major pieces and from our conversation, she created a design packet that I was able to share with prospective vendors. Then, about 3 months out from the wedding, Stephanie came back in and did the full on coordination from there. We got married at a warehouse space that was really a "blank slate" so we had a handful of various vendors, all coming in and handling different pieces parts of the day at different times and Stephanie stepped in without missing a beat. She scheduled a walk through with all of the vendors and created a full on timeline of the day and ceremony. She went over details that my husband and I would have not even known to consider or solve for. On the day of the wedding, Stephanie and another assistant, Jayna, met us at our hotel, delivered my bouquet, and then Jayna came with us to all of our picture locations, held any of our extra items and coats, came in clutch with the stain remover from the inevitable dirt stains and took secret pictures to share with us as a sneak peek before we got our official pictures from our photographer. All the while, Stephanie was setting up the ceremony and reception at the space and all we did was show up and rave about how perfect everything was! I cannot say enough good things about Stephanie and the rest of the Kirkbrides team and can't recommend them enough. Hands down best money we spent!! Thank you Stephanie!!!!!
    Janet S. Married on 11/02/2019

Do Yourself a Favor: Hire Kirkbrides

When my now-husband and I got engaged, I knew right out of the gate that having a day-of wedding coordinator was going to be essential for several reasons.

First, I’ve been in several weddings where the happy couple didn’t have a day-of wedding coordinator. While those were still absolutely fantastic events, I saw just how much the bride, groom, and their families had to do on the wedding day in order to make sure things were running smoothly (or to smooth things over when they weren’t running smoothly!). We knew that we didn’t want that for ourselves or our families for our wedding day.

Second, my husband and I aren’t professional event planners, and we don’t know the first thing about coordinating such a large event with so many moving pieces and parts. Google and wedding blogs can only get you so far, so we knew we wanted a professional to provide advice and help us navigate the unknown and foreign elements of coordinating our wedding day.

Third, my husband and I are both employed full-time, and planning our wedding, in and of itself, felt like an additional full-time job at times. However, I am a control freak, so I knew that we wanted to be the ones to actually plan the wedding, but we also wanted the security of having someone to be able to check in with, to ensure that we were on the right track. Moreover, we also wanted to make sure that, if we were going to put this much time into planning something, that it was going to be executed flawlessly.

Enter Vicki Hlousek at Kirkbrides, who was the day-of coordinator for our November 2019 wedding. We literally can’t say enough wonderful things about Vicki. From the initial meeting with Vicki all the way through the wedding day itself, Vicki was fantastic. She communicated extremely promptly and in a helpful manner; she kept us organized; she was there to provide advice and words of reassurement. And ultimately, she made our vision come to life.

On our actual wedding day, Vicki and her team were there to solve problems. An element of the wedding didn’t go as planned, and Vicki and her team were there to help fix it, all with a smile on their faces and a calming presence. To be honest, we literally can’t even tell you all the fires that we are sure Vicki and her Kirkbrides team put out on our wedding day, because we didn’t even know the fires were happening. That’s how incredible they are. For example, the bustle on my dress had a bit of a malfunction while it was getting bustled, and I literally had zero idea, even though I was still wearing the dress when it happened.

All in all, our event was in good hands from start to finish thanks to Vicki and her Kirkbrides team. We would encourage every bride and groom to use Kirkbrides for at least day-of coordination -- it will 100% be money well spent.
  • Erin
    Erin K. Married on 09/11/2019

Hands down best wedding planner in the business!

I would first like to say, hiring Allison Miller from Kirkbrides as my wedding planner was hands down the best decision I made as a bride - aside from saying yes :) My husband and I both travel weekly for work and live in Chicago. I was so stressed trying to plan a wedding in Cleveland from hundreds of miles away. After we hired Allison, all my worries disappeared. Allison suggested the BEST vendors to work with and was so flexible with our busy schedule. She is incredibly organized and knows ALL of the ins and outs of a wedding. The day of our wedding, I did not have a worry in the world and everything ran SO smoothly! A small example of how sweet she is - when my bridesmaids and I were getting ready, she came into our room to steam the dresses and shawls that everyone was wearing. My family and friends were so impressed by her as well. Any request that I had, Allison had the answer or knew a solution. I could not have done my wedding without her. I promise any bride that you will not go wrong working with Kirkbrides and if you are lucky enough to work with Allison, you are in the best of hands.
  • Chelsea
    Chelsea E. Married on 08/31/2019

Amazing wedding planners!

Stephanie at Kirkbrides is the best wedding planner there is! I simply don't know how anyone could be better at their job than Stephanie is. Stephanie helped my family and I plan a large wedding at my parent's home this summer for 250 people, where we had to bring in everything (restroom trailers, power, generators, tents, flooring, lighting, sound, catering, etc., the list goes on and on). I am a bit of a control freak, so I was uncertain at first to work with a planner, but Stephanie took the ideas I had for my wedding and turned them into truly incredible visions that could be executed by her and vendors. The final product on my wedding day was beyond all expectations I had ever had, and working with Stephanie made the process feel seamless.

Stephanie knew exactly which vendors we should contact for which needs, and she already had great working relationships with many of them, which made the process run that much smoother! Anytime we had ANY question for ANY vendor, Stephanie reached out to make sure we received the clarification we were looking for.

After a yearlong process of working together, it is hard to put into words just what her hard work meant to our family. But I know that my wedding day would not have been ANYTHING like it was without Stephanie's creativity, unbelievable event management skills, and her easygoing personality that makes working with her so wonderful. Wedding planning can definitely be stressful, but Stephanie's supreme organization, and ability to understand our vision put everyone at ease.

Stephanie did not let any detail go overlooked, and on the wedding day brought in an amazing team of coordinators to ensure that the event ran smoothly. We also got to work with the owner of Kirkbrides, Val, who was simply amazing – so professional, and thoughtful, and just like Stephanie, did not let a single detail go overlooked.

My family and I are so blown away by Stephanie and Kirkbrides. Their hard work over the past year made my wedding day the dream that it was. We would recommend them to anyone in a heartbeat. We love Kirkbrides!!!
  • Rach
    Rach H. Married on 07/27/2019

Amazing Coordination Services

We absolutely loved Kirkbrides services for coordinating our wedding. The day of was so seamless and they went above and beyond our expectations with the reception hall and making sure we stayed on time. In my opinion most definitely worth the splurge!
    Stephanie Married on 09/14/2018
    I live out of state and was so overwhelmed with the wedding planning process. We decided in December 2017 that we wanted to get married in September 2018 so that only gave us 9 months to plan everything. My now husband is a busy physician that didn't really have the time or energy to help with planning so I was stuck with doing the majority of the work myself on top of working full-time. I am sooo happy I decided hire Kirkbrides! Vicki was amazing and made sure I was on top of everything. She was able to handle so many things that I really did not have the time to do (i.e calling different vendors for pricing, going in person to pick out details/decor). The wedding day ran smoothly and I was so happy to have had Vicki and her team there helping coordinate. I honestly would have been an anxious mess if she wasn't there making sure everything and everyone was on time. If you're feeling overwhelmed and are stressing about wedding planning, I would recommend hiring Kirkbrides. I am so happy I did and had such a perfect wedding day!
    Jennifer Married on 08/10/2018
    I have been to several Kirkbrides weddings. All beautiful, and all different themes. Each of the brides told me how helpful Kirkbrides was in the planning process. I decided to use them for my wedding and I could not have been more impresssed and pleased. Katie Foulds was my plannner. My wedding was gorgeous thanks to all of Katie’s suggestions. I had a faint vision of what I wanted but didn’t know how to execute it but Katie took my ideas and preferences and bought it to such an amazing level. The day of the wedding was seemless. Everything ran on time and no one felt like they didn’t know where to go or what to do. My family , especially my mother, was able to enjoy my wedding and not have to worry about any of the details. Katie made the day perfect, every detail was well thought out and executed. Did I mention I gave her 6 months to plan the wedding? She is the ultimate wedding planner. Allison is one of the other stellar wedding planners and I would highly recommend her as well.
    Michelle Married on 09/30/2017
    My husband and I have busy schedules. He works long days and I work out of town 4 days out of the week, so we knew that having the right planner would be important. Kirkbrides far exceeded our expectations. Our planner Stephanie coordinated with all vendors--making all calls and setting up meetings for us . All we had to do was show up and make final decisions. From negotiating on behalf with our venue and caterer, to helping us design a beautiful wedding, to ordering last minute touches to make the reception truly "ours", Stephanie was there, anticipating our every need and in many cases, taking care of them before we even knew there was something to take care of. She also considered our budget at every turn and worked hard for us to stay within our limit (as hard as that may have been at times), understanding the areas we were willing to spend a little more on and the areas we were looking to do more economically. It was refreshing to know that in a wedding process where at times it seems like everyone is out to get you to spend more, we had someone looking out for our financial interests too.

On the day of our wedding, Stephanie was there to keep everything on schedule, toting around what I like to refer as her "magic bag", which literally contained anything you might possibly need, including duct tape. (Who knew I'd need duct tape on the day of our wedding?) Stephanie was organized and professional, and took care of everything so that my husband and I could just enjoy our special day. It took so much stress out of a potentially stressful day knowing Stephanie was there handling everything in the background. We received too many compliments to count from our guests after the wedding, praising how well the wedding ran, how gorgeous the decor was, etc. This can all be attributed to Stephanie's amazing work.

Many thanks to Stephanie and the Kirkbrides team. You made our day so special!
    Courtney Married on 09/16/2017
    Katie was my wedding planner! She went above and beyond my expectations! Our wedding day was absolutely perfect and I did not stress about anything!
    Dana Married on 12/17/2016
    Simply amazing. Roxanne was my planner and there is NO WAY my dream wedding would have happened without her. The 2 months leading up to the wedding were the most hectic and Roxanne made it feel easy. Professional, responsive and extremely knowledgeable about all things wedding!
    Sarah Married on 09/10/2016
    Kirkbrides far exceeded all of our expectations!

I planned the majority of our wedding, with a lot of help and support from my family, particularly my mom, dad and husband. When it came to the wedding day itself, I really wanted my family, who put so much into planning our big day, to be able to relax and enjoy themselves without having to worry about any planning details. So we decided to get a day-of wedding coordinator and chose Kirkbrides based on their reputation in Cleveland and great value. A friend of mine told me that investing in day-of coordination would be the smartest decision we could make about our wedding day, and she was right!

Our day-of coordinator was Roxanne, who is an absolute joy to work with. In fact, we wished we had chosen the full wedding planning package just so we could have worked with her more! Every interaction with Roxanne was a pleasant one. She’s a great listener, always offered valuable advice, and completely put us at ease. She’s poised, mature, detail oriented, and professional. You can trust you are in good hands with Roxanne!

Not only did we have Roxanne all day, but she also had two assistants. We felt so fortunate to have so much help! They did an amazing job coordinating everything with our venue and our team of wedding pros. I didn’t have to worry about a thing all day, which means a lot since I’m a bit obsessive over details. We were able to fully hand over the reins to Kirkbrides and relax. Our guests kept commenting on how well planned and seamless the entire day was, and that’s due to Roxanne and her team. Our wedding day was perfect!
    Julia Married on 07/09/2016
    Katie of Kirkbrides is invaluable! We cannot thank Katie enough for all that she did to make our big day run perfectly. Because of Katie's help and talent, my family and I were able to relax and truly enjoy the day knowing that Katie and her assistant were handling the logistics. Katie's professional, calm, and positive approach was very much appreciated throughout the entire process. Hiring a coordinator through Kirkbrides was the best wedding-planning decision we made. I highly, highly recommend Kirkbrides and specifically Katie!
    Meghan Married on 06/11/2016
    Hiring Allison Miller as our wedding coordinator was one of the best wedding-related decisions we made. While I enjoy planning myself and consider myself very organized, Allison's calm demeanor and professional expertise were huge assets throughout the wedding planning processing. Allison was quick to answer any questions I had leading up to the wedding day, and in the last two weeks, really took the reins and ensured that every vendor was confirmed and on time. This is such a busy time already, and having a pro like Allison keeping the trains running is invaluable. My family and I were able to relax and enjoy the wedding knowing that logistics were in Allison's capable hands. Highly recommend! Thank you Allison and Kirkbrides!
    Amy Married on 06/11/2016
    Choosing Kirkbrides was by far the best decision my family and I made in planning my wedding. Katie was absolutely AMAZING. Not only did she make the planning as fun and stress free as possible, but her organization, perfect coordination, and warm smile made the day such a joy. My family and I were not originally set on having a planner, but we probably said "thank goodness we have Katie!" every week and about 100 times on the wedding day. Everyone on her team day-of that were there were fantastic as well - just a wonderful group to have around.
    Cassandra Married on 05/29/2016
    If you're on the fence about hiring a wedding planner, make the investment and hire Kirkbrides. Katie and Valerie made our wedding planning process so much easier. I would find myself emailing Katie about the most random topics, whether it was wedding etiquette, linen fabrics, or venue locations, no matter the topic large or small, Katie was always prompt and professional. Offering logistic, creative and emotional support, Katie and her team made my wedding day amazing and I would highly recommend bringing them on when planning your wedding.
    Susan Married on 05/29/2016
    Allison Miller was the wedding planner for our daughter's wedding and Hannah was there the day of the event because Allison had another wedding. Both were exceptional! Allison is amazing! She kept us focused, was mindful of our budget and had great suggestions, ideas and resources. Anytime my daughter or I had a question or wanted to talk, Allison was always available or if she was busy, she responded immediately with a time we could talk. Hannah was amazing for the day of coordination. She was on top of everything and made sure that every detail was carried out way we had planned. I would highly recommend them both - it is money well spent!

Kirkbrides's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review, Sue!! It was a pleasure working with you on your daughter's amazing wedding.
    Debbie Married on 03/12/2016
    Katie Foulds was the wedding planner for my daughter's wedding and I don't have enough words to express how wonderful she made the day. She was with us every step of the way for the last year and made the process so much fun and stress free. They day of the wedding couldn't have gone any better and she along with her assistants were truly amazing. Katie was by far the best decision in our wedding planning.
    Meg Married on 10/10/2015
    I don't even have words on how grateful we are that we had Allison and Kirkbrides taking care of us throughout the entire wedding process. Kirkbrides was a critical part to our wedding-- I'm not sure we would have gotten there without her, especially as we were from out of town and trying to plan a wedding from several states away. I still tell friends who are getting married to get a wedding planner because of Allison. It was easily the best decision we made about the entire wedding, and well-worth it for the amount of stress and anxiety she was able to relieve us of. From beginning to end, she was invaluable. She solved so many problems for us, from managing my mother's efforts to DIY certain aspects of the wedding, helping to meld our disparate ideas together for a coherent wedding, finding us vendors (some when we changed our minds about what we needed at the last minute), making all of the phone calls and conducting the outreach we needed, and helping to guide us through the day. Her recommendations for vendors were spot on- all of my bridesmaids are still, months later, complimenting how their hair and makeup turned out from the artists Allison found for us on short notice after my own choices didn't workout. She was extremely patient with our indecisiveness and never showed a hint of anxiety when we needed a limo or vans or couldn't get our seating chart in until the last minute. She helped find solutions that made everyone happy when my mother and I butted heads on some aspects of the wedding (and let's just say there were many of these moments). These are just some of many, many things she did for us. I wish I could post pictures so that everyone could see how beautiful the wedding turned out with the help of Kirkbrides. Allison was nothing but enthusiastic and supportive throughout the whole process. It made us both feel so much better about our decisions and so much more relaxed so that we could focus on our vows and have fun on our wedding day.
    Diane Married on 08/15/2015
    Allison Miller is an absolutely incredible person and an outstanding wedding planner. She helped to make my daughter's wedding the most beautiful event and helped us all through the planning with her calm even ability and incredible responsiveness that made this a very special experience. I can say nothing negative. It was a wonderful journey and Allison helped make it so.
    Shannon Married on 06/20/2015
    Hiring Kirkbrides was hands down the BEST and most important decision we made throughout the entire wedding planning process. We met Hannah, our planner who was absolutely amazing. She was so organized, knowledgeable, honest and creative. We literally gave her an idea and overall feel of what we wanted for our wedding and she made it even better than what we could have dreamt of! She handled every single detail...even down to finding an invitation we loved and ordering it, ordering our postage, addressing them and mailing them out for us. She was always very mindful of our budget, kept us right on track and found creative ways to give us exactly what we wanted but for much less money. I honestly don't know where we would be if we did not have Hannah. The day of the wedding she was there bright and early checking on me and all of our vendors. She made sure the entire day went seamless. She handled every issue before it even got to me and that in itself is priceless. Do yourself a favor and hire this wonderful company to give you the stress free and most beautiful wedding day you could ever hope for. Thank you Hannah and thank you Kirkbrides!!
    Jennifer Married on 05/16/2015
    Choosing Kirkbrides to help plan our wedding was the best decision we made about the entire process. As a couple, we were getting married in Cleveland, but we live two and half hours away. Working with Allison was wonderful. She was able to connect us with great vendors and help us work with our schedules during the times we could be in town. The day of the wedding, everything went so smooth, and if anything went wrong, we still do not know. It was wonderful to have Allison meet with the vendors as they arrived on site, allowing the bridal party and parents the opportunity to enjoy the day. Kirkbrides was worth everything and I will always be grateful to them for all they did from planning to reception.
  • User1973653 2+ years ago
    Allison was an amazing day-of-coordinator and kept everything running smoothly. The entire Kirkbrides team responded quickly and made the stress of our big day go away. We cannot imagine a better planner!
    Christina Married on 11/15/2014
    Allison Miller has to be hands down the best day of coordinator! She made our wedding day run smoothly and flawless! I could relax and enjoy every moment of our wedding and not worry about one thing. Not only was Allison on top of everything, but she is a beautiful person on the inside and out and a pleasure to work with