King Kamehameha's Kona Beach Hotel Reviews

King Kamehameha's Kona Beach Hotel 6
King Kamehameha's Kona Beach Hotel 7
  • Sean

Sean Baynton · Getting married on 03/05/2020

Everything we could have asked for and more!

Our wedding at the Marriott was exactly what we wanted. We communicated with Melanie for a full year before our wedding and she was incredibly professional and helpful, always providing quick, detailed responses to our questions and always available to talk if we needed to.

This was a destination wedding for us and we went ahead with arranging a wedding at this location despite never having visited, which gave us obvious reservations - we never should have worried at all. Everything was perfect, the location was beautiful and Melanie had all the details taken care of. It was wonderful.

Although it is pretty rare to rain, we did have rain on our wedding night and Melanie was quick to offer us an indoor alternative on the day. Even after we decided to just have fun in the rain instead, all the hotel staff continued to be lovely while having to work our wedding and getting wet. We were very happy we did it outside despite the rain, in fact it made for a very comfortable event in the heat.

We would highly recommend this venue for your wedding, Melanie is very easy to work with and will do her best to accommodate your requests. We couldn't have been happier with the result.

Sent on 05/29/2019
    King Kamehameha's Kona Beach Hotel 8
    King Kamehameha's Kona Beach Hotel 9

Kristina and Jamal · Married on 04/20/2019

Mahalo our wedding was incredible

Aloha Melanie!
    Just wanted to say Mahalo! Our wedding was incredible and our guests had an amazing time. We hope to be back soon for another stunning vacation!

Sent on 04/27/2019
    King Kamehameha's Kona Beach Hotel 10

Cera and Sean · Married on 04/08/2019

Thank you so much again for assisting in everything for over a year; we wouldn't know what to do without you Melanie.

Sincerely,
    Cera and Sean

Sent on 04/25/2019
  • Rob

Rob Scacco · Married on 03/15/2019

A dream brought to fruition thanks to Melanie. Unbelievable.

It was extremely easy to work with Melanie and others on staff at king kam. This was an absolute dream come true. Our entire event and the days leading up went perfectly. Melanie was available for all and any questions we had and also made sure that everything was perfect for us. Our friends and family had a great time visiting and sharing this experience.

Sent on 03/23/2019
    King Kamehameha's Kona Beach Hotel 11
    King Kamehameha's Kona Beach Hotel 12
    King Kamehameha's Kona Beach Hotel 13
    King Kamehameha's Kona Beach Hotel 14

Kaede Kanazawa - Cheng · Married on 12/22/2018

Cant thank you enough!

Happy new year melanie!!!!
    You are the sweetest! Love all the pics and videos. I’m so happy you were there to celebrate the day with us and make sure everything went accordingly.
    Cant thank you enough!

Sent on 01/22/2019

Andrew and Jaclyn · Married on 12/06/2018

surpassed all of our hopes for the day :)

Aloha Melanie,

Andrew and I just wanted to extend our most deepest and sincerest Mahalo to you for all that you did for us for our wedding. It was the most beautiful ceremony and surpassed all of our hopes for the day :) Mahalo for keeping us calm by answering all of our questions and going above and beyond to make sure everything went smoothly for us.

Mahalo and Aloha,
    Andrew and Jaclyn

Sent on 12/13/2018

Chelsea · Married on 11/10/2018

Wedding Services

Hi Melanie,
    Thanks for helping make our wedding day so special!

Sent on 11/13/2018

Lu · Married on 09/03/2018

Thank you for everything Melanie. =)

Sent on 09/04/2018

King Kamehameha's Kona Beach Hotel's reply:

Mahalo Lu,
    Thank you for letting us be a part of your special day!

Courtnee · Married on 08/11/2018

Planning a Beach wedding but you don't want the sand? See Melanie Lucas, she's excellent!

Sent on 03/29/2018

Rebecca · Married on 07/07/2018

Thank you for everything you did and helping me have the wedding of my dreams!

Sent on 08/31/2018

Myla · Married on 07/02/2018

Thank you very much for all the help.
    It was very beautiful.
    Thanks a lot,
    Myla

Sent on 07/12/2018
  • Z

Zoe · Married on 05/29/2018

Hi Melanie, I know it’s been like almost 4 months. Just been so busy with paper works and moving but I just wanted to say thank you so much for everything that you have done for Romy & I. From our budget, to letting us borrow some of your stuff, ideas, offering us the best options, letting us set up earlier than the time frame you’ve given us, etc., we truly Appreciate you & just your kindness. Thank you so much for being so accommodating and for putting in so much hard work! Words cannot even express how grateful we are to have had you. None of it would’ve been possible if it wasn’t because of you! You gave us hope and again thank you from the bottom of our hearts!

Sent on 09/17/2018

King Kamehameha's Kona Beach Hotel's reply:

We love what we do here at Courtyard King Kamehameha’s Kona Beach Hotel. We get the opportunity to celebrate life’s big moments with you and are honored to be a part of your special day. Mahalo!

Katie · Married on 05/11/2018

Aloha Melanie!
    Everything was perfect, especially considering I didn’t give you guys much direction! Brandon and I tried stopping by the day after because we never got to thank you (and tip)! But you guys did a fantastic job and were so easy and pleasant to work with :) I wish we could do it all over again!
    Hope you’re having a great day!
    -Katie

Sent on 06/06/2018

Michelle · Married on 05/05/2018

I have nothing but positive & nice things to say about Melanie Lucas. She is very responsive, quick to give information if asked & is she doesn’t know the answer she finds out right away & let’s you know. She’s very attentive & listens to your ideas & gives you what you want to the best of her ability. No questions asked the best person for the job. Because of her I will be staying at the hotel more often. The only thing I would change would be with the food part of the event, I would have liked to have the food stay out longer because some people like to have seconds or thirds but not back to back. Besides that everything was wonderful & when the way I planned.

Sent on 05/14/2018

Rudy · Married on 04/27/2018

Aloha Melanie,
    We are so blessed with the outcome of Brooke and Bryce’s wedding. The service, food, security, help and your leadership was top notch! I only got one more child left, my son. I know it’s the girl who chooses, but I will definitely love to have it at your hotel again.

Thank you, Melanie, you were fantastic!

Sent on 05/03/2018

Precy · Married on 04/06/2018

To: Mel,
    Thank you very much for all your help!
    We really appreciate your expertise and professionalism you showed in making Ashlee and Pono’s Wedding a very memorable one.

Wishing you
    With Prayers,
    Burbano & Soto Fy.

Sent on 04/10/2018

Britney & Tayson · Married on 03/31/2018

Hope all is well!! Just wanted to again thank you for allll the wonderful work and insight you have put to make mine and Taysens special day memorable!!
    Once again we really do appreciate everything that you have done to make our special day memorable! You truly have a gift of making couples dream day come true, and we can’t thank you enough!!

Sent on 05/02/2018

Demian · Married on 03/20/2018

Planning for a wedding is difficult, Melanie and the Courtyard was to make this experience easy and let us focus on details that we wanted to focus on. Things for our guest. We were also very happy that Melanie was able to book a wonderful officiate for us, Aunty Tutu. Aunty Tutu made our wedding so wonderful, we will never forget her kind words and wishes.
    Demian & Rina

Sent on 03/23/2018

Malory · Married on 11/24/2017

Hi Melanie,
    Thank you for being such an amazing coordinator!

Sent on 05/22/2018
    King Kamehameha's Kona Beach Hotel 15
    King Kamehameha's Kona Beach Hotel 16

Nicola · Married on 11/18/2017

Hi Melanie,

Thank you very much for all that you did for us! You helped make our day so special.
    It was everything I could ever imagine & a dream come true. It was perfect beginning to end!
    Everyone was telling me about the dolphins jumping in the background, I hope someone got a picture of that!
    It was so special, I’d like to think that was my Mom celebrating with us, a day that I will forever cherish!

You are the best and the sweetest!

Mahalo Nui,
    Nicola

Sent on 11/22/2017

Gabriela · Married on 08/05/2017

We had such a wonderful experience working with Melanie from the very start of our Wedding planning journey. We got married in August 2017 and had the best day working with Melanie and the hotel staff. She was always so quick to answer all my questions and was very accommodating! She truly loves what she does and it definitely shows. The food at the Courtyard King Kamehameha was amazing as we received many compliments. This venue as the best value overall for a Wedding, you won't be disappointed!

Sent on 09/20/2017

Anita · Married on 04/28/2017

We got married in Marriott Courtyard King Kamehameha's Beach Hotel and it was truly our dream wedding. I cannot say enough great things about this venue. First off, the wedding planner, Melanie, is amazing and worked really closely with me on every single detail. She was able to execute what I had in mind down to every single detail. Since we were planning a destination wedding, we communicated mainly through email (although she was always available via phone as well). She was extremely responsive to all of my questions and always came prepared with ideas on how to execute my very detailed vision. Before the actual wedding day, she helped set-up a luau the night before our wedding, which was a welcome dinner and went out of her way to make sure we got the very best deal. She even helped ensure we got the best spots at the event and put welcome bags out on each of our guests' spots. On the actual day of our wedding, she managed all the details, so I did not have to worry about a thing. She had such a great attitude and was available to meet as often or as little as we needed before the big day. Secondly, the venue itself is absolutely stunning. All of my guests stayed at the hotel and loved the beach and the pool bar. This is one of the only hotels in Kona that has a beach, so they especially loved that. The hotel has a coffee shop inside along with a ABC store, which definitely came in handy! The venue is located in a small beach town with lots of restaurants and bars and shops nearby, which my guests loved too. The actual event site that we had our event on was the luau grounds, which overlooks the water, but is on concrete, so we did not have to worry about sand. For the perfect view and location, this price was unbeatable and the customer service was great. At the end of our event, all of our guests commented that this was the best wedding they had ever been to.

Sent on 05/16/2017

Alexandria · Married on 03/04/2017

Contact Melanie Lucas, she'll help you with everything you'll need. We planned our daughter's wedding in 3 days and Melanie helped in making this happen. Awesome venue, accommodations, catering & the entire staff at the King Kamehameha courtyard gave us excellent service. Our son will be planning his wedding there as well in March of next year. Mahalo nui loa

Sent on 05/20/2016

Mahealani · Married on 03/04/2017

We were very pleased working with Melanie Lucas for our wedding back in March. She and her staff accommodated all of our needs to make our wedding a night to remember. We ended up staying over for the rest of the weekend with family and friends and we all can say that was defiantly the best wedding experience ever!

Sent on 07/14/2017