King Kamehameha's Kona Beach Hotel Reviews

50 Reviews for King Kamehameha's Kona Beach Hotel

King Kamehameha's Kona Beach Hotel 1
King Kamehameha's Kona Beach Hotel 2

Andrew and Jaclyn · Married on 12/06/2018

surpassed all of our hopes for the day :)

Aloha Melanie,

Andrew and I just wanted to extend our most deepest and sincerest Mahalo to you for all that you did for us for our wedding. It was the most beautiful ceremony and surpassed all of our hopes for the day :) Mahalo for keeping us calm by answering all of our questions and going above and beyond to make sure everything went smoothly for us.

Mahalo and Aloha,
    Andrew and Jaclyn

Chelsea · Married on 11/10/2018

Wedding Services

Hi Melanie,
    Thanks for helping make our wedding day so special!

Lu · Married on 09/03/2018

Thank you for everything Melanie. =)

Sent on 09/04/2018

King Kamehameha's Kona Beach Hotel's reply:

Mahalo Lu, Thank you for letting us be a part of your special day!

Courtnee · Married on 08/11/2018

Planning a Beach wedding but you don't want the sand? See Melanie Lucas, she's excellent!

Rebecca · Married on 07/07/2018

Thank you for everything you did and helping me have the wedding of my dreams!

Myla · Married on 07/02/2018

Thank you very much for all the help.
    It was very beautiful.
    Thanks a lot,
    Myla

• Z

Zoe · Married on 05/29/2018

Hi Melanie, I know it’s been like almost 4 months. Just been so busy with paper works and moving but I just wanted to say thank you so much for everything that you have done for Romy & I. From our budget, to letting us borrow some of your stuff, ideas, offering us the best options, letting us set up earlier than the time frame you’ve given us, etc., we truly Appreciate you & just your kindness. Thank you so much for being so accommodating and for putting in so much hard work! Words cannot even express how grateful we are to have had you. None of it would’ve been possible if it wasn’t because of you! You gave us hope and again thank you from the bottom of our hearts!

Sent on 09/17/2018

King Kamehameha's Kona Beach Hotel's reply:

We love what we do here at Courtyard King Kamehameha’s Kona Beach Hotel. We get the opportunity to celebrate life’s big moments with you and are honored to be a part of your special day. Mahalo!

Katie · Married on 05/11/2018

Aloha Melanie!
    Everything was perfect, especially considering I didn’t give you guys much direction! Brandon and I tried stopping by the day after because we never got to thank you (and tip)! But you guys did a fantastic job and were so easy and pleasant to work with :) I wish we could do it all over again!
    Hope you’re having a great day!
    -Katie

Michelle · Married on 05/05/2018

I have nothing but positive & nice things to say about Melanie Lucas. She is very responsive, quick to give information if asked & is she doesn’t know the answer she finds out right away & let’s you know. She’s very attentive & listens to your ideas & gives you what you want to the best of her ability. No questions asked the best person for the job. Because of her I will be staying at the hotel more often. The only thing I would change would be with the food part of the event, I would have liked to have the food stay out longer because some people like to have seconds or thirds but not back to back. Besides that everything was wonderful & when the way I planned.

Rudy · Married on 04/27/2018

Aloha Melanie,
    We are so blessed with the outcome of Brooke and Bryce’s wedding. The service, food, security, help and your leadership was top notch! I only got one more child left, my son. I know it’s the girl who chooses, but I will definitely love to have it at your hotel again.

Thank you, Melanie, you were fantastic!

Precy · Married on 04/06/2018

To: Mel,
    Thank you very much for all your help!
    We really appreciate your expertise and professionalism you showed in making Ashlee and Pono’s Wedding a very memorable one.

Wishing you
    With Prayers,
    Burbano & Soto Fy.

Britney & Tayson · Married on 03/31/2018

Hope all is well!! Just wanted to again thank you for allll the wonderful work and insight you have put to make mine and Taysens special day memorable!!
    Once again we really do appreciate everything that you have done to make our special day memorable! You truly have a gift of making couples dream day come true, and we can’t thank you enough!!

Demian · Married on 03/20/2018

Planning for a wedding is difficult, Melanie and the Courtyard was to make this experience easy and let us focus on details that we wanted to focus on. Things for our guest. We were also very happy that Melanie was able to book a wonderful officiate for us, Aunty Tutu. Aunty Tutu made our wedding so wonderful, we will never forget her kind words and wishes.
    Demian & Rina

Malory · Married on 11/24/2017

Hi Melanie,
    Thank you for being such an amazing coordinator!

King Kamehameha's Kona Beach Hotel 3
    King Kamehameha's Kona Beach Hotel 4

Nicola · Married on 11/18/2017

Hi Melanie,

Thank you very much for all that you did for us! You helped make our day so special.
    It was everything I could ever imagine & a dream come true. It was perfect beginning to end!
    Everyone was telling me about the dolphins jumping in the background, I hope someone got a picture of that!
    It was so special, I’d like to think that was my Mom celebrating with us, a day that I will forever cherish!

You are the best and the sweetest!

Mahalo Nui,
    Nicola

Gabriela · Married on 08/05/2017

We had such a wonderful experience working with Melanie from the very start of our Wedding planning journey. We got married in August 2017 and had the best day working with Melanie and the hotel staff. She was always so quick to answer all my questions and was very accommodating! She truly loves what she does and it definitely shows. The food at the Courtyard King Kamehameha was amazing as we received many compliments. This venue as the best value overall for a Wedding, you won't be disappointed!

Anita · Married on 04/28/2017

We got married in Marriott Courtyard King Kamehameha's Beach Hotel and it was truly our dream wedding. I cannot say enough great things about this venue. First off, the wedding planner, Melanie, is amazing and worked really closely with me on every single detail. She was able to execute what I had in mind down to every single detail. Since we were planning a destination wedding, we communicated mainly through email (although she was always available via phone as well). She was extremely responsive to all of my questions and always came prepared with ideas on how to execute my very detailed vision. Before the actual wedding day, she helped set-up a luau the night before our wedding, which was a welcome dinner and went out of her way to make sure we got the very best deal. She even helped ensure we got the best spots at the event and put welcome bags out on each of our guests' spots. On the actual day of our wedding, she managed all the details, so I did not have to worry about a thing. She had such a great attitude and was available to meet as often or as little as we needed before the big day. Secondly, the venue itself is absolutely stunning. All of my guests stayed at the hotel and loved the beach and the pool bar. This is one of the only hotels in Kona that has a beach, so they especially loved that. The hotel has a coffee shop inside along with a ABC store, which definitely came in handy! The venue is located in a small beach town with lots of restaurants and bars and shops nearby, which my guests loved too. The actual event site that we had our event on was the luau grounds, which overlooks the water, but is on concrete, so we did not have to worry about sand. For the perfect view and location, this price was unbeatable and the customer service was great. At the end of our event, all of our guests commented that this was the best wedding they had ever been to.

Alexandria · Married on 03/04/2017

Contact Melanie Lucas, she'll help you with everything you'll need. We planned our daughter's wedding in 3 days and Melanie helped in making this happen. Awesome venue, accommodations, catering & the entire staff at the King Kamehameha courtyard gave us excellent service. Our son will be planning his wedding there as well in March of next year. Mahalo nui loa

Mahealani · Married on 03/04/2017

We were very pleased working with Melanie Lucas for our wedding back in March. She and her staff accommodated all of our needs to make our wedding a night to remember. We ended up staying over for the rest of the weekend with family and friends and we all can say that was defiantly the best wedding experience ever!

Lesina · Married on 02/24/2017

Melanie was amazing and helpful, she always responded to my 100 questions quite promptly and we could always get a hold of her. My wedding was everything I could have asked for and more.

Chantal · Married on 11/11/2016

This is a wonderful venue with great views at a very reasonable price but I must say that Melanie is the number one reason we chose to book our destination wedding at the King Kamehamaeha’s Kona Beach Hotel. We traveled to the island in 2015 to tour and meet with our top 5 venue locations (including the Hilton and Waikoloa Marriott). The minute we walked into The Kona Beach Hotel I knew that I would have complete trust in Melanie and her capabilities as a wedding and venue coordinator. I also preferred the fact that the wedding is actually held on the water as opposed to the resorts in Waikoloa. I work as a meeting and event planner myself and had a lot of events and my own house demolition rebuild to coordinate within the couple of months prior to our wedding. The stress level was high but Melanie was always a click away with local advice, amazing vendor contacts and detailed answers/confirmations.

On the day of the wedding we were warmly greeted by the staff as well as Melanie, the flowers ordered through the house florist were amazing and just what I wanted (I only provided a few examples via email so I was a little worried), the officiant Melanie hired was PERFECT for our family, the photographer she endorsed was one of the best I have ever worked with, the tables were set as promised so that my helpers were able to quickly drop my linen, favors and décor and the food was absolutely amazing! ... I highly recommend the coconut shrimp.

We are so happy that we chose the Kona Beach Hotel as out wedding venue and would recommend it to anyone who is looking to get married in the Kailua-Kona area!

Lynn · Married on 10/21/2016

Melanie Lucas made planning our October 2016 wedding at the King Kamehameha an easy and pleasant experience. She helped us stay on budget and let us bring in decorations, flowers, and even let me drop off an Etsy hammock, beach, and seashell cake topper scene, which she put together beautifully as a surprise for my husband, family and friends. Melanie listened to our ideas and made them a reality such as having Mai Tais served as a welcome to the ceremony drink. The only advice I have for couples planning a fall sunset wedding on the luau grounds would be to have your ceremony start within 30 minutes of sunset so the sun is not shining in the wedding party's eyes during the ceremony, and to test the wedding march music to make sure it's load enough for the wedding party to hear from where the procession starts. The wedding party song was loud enough, but my instrumental bridal march music was not loud enough to hear past the luau grounds where we were lined up. With that said, Melanie was there to queue us to start walking, so it all worked out. Thanks for making our wedding amazing, Melanie, we adore you! ~ Lynn & Shep

Brooklyn · Married on 09/24/2016

If you are looking to do a last minute wedding, this is the place to go. All the staff was wonderful. Melanie, our wedding planner, was the best at executing what I wanted in such a little amount of time. I couldn't ask for more. Our wedding was perfect!!! Thank you again Melaine, the staff, and King Kamehameha Beach Hotel.

Rosemarie · Married on 09/24/2016

Go for it-it is beautiful, the setting is hard to beat ! Melanie is amazing ! We had some last minute issues like hairdresser cancelling and brides appendix coming out 2 days before the wedding, so Melanie found a hairdresser, rescheduled the rehearsal and had a wheel chair standing by and most of all-being totally calm about everything !