Kiln Creek Golf Club and Resort Reviews

Kiln Creek Golf Club and Resort 6
Kiln Creek Golf Club and Resort 7

Melinda Jennings · Married on 05/25/2019

The best day Ever!!

It was truly a amazing experience. Nikki made everything so much easier, she truly was amazing to work with!!

Sent on 06/09/2019

Kelley M Good · Married on 05/05/2019

Beautiful and Organized

Even though it rained everything turned out wonderful. The food was fantastic. The staff was very friendly.

Sent on 05/30/2019
  • Debby

Debby Briscoe · Married on 10/06/2018

Our Daughter’s Wedding

We had a wonderful experience with Kiln Creek for our daughter’s wedding. The venue is beautiful. We had not considered this location, but my mother, who lives there, told us we should take look. Our daughter loved it right away. We had the rehearsal the evening before, followed by the rehearsal dinner right there at the Nest. It was perfect, especially since the new in-laws are from Florida and really needed an easy option for that. The day of the wedding- everything was set up for us. The outside wedding area was beautiful. Dinner was delicious and served promptly and hot. The staff cleaned everything and packed away all of our decorations. I highly recommend Kiln Creek as a wedding venue.

Sent on 12/08/2018

Lauren · Married on 01/27/2018

If you are looking for a beautiful venue to hold a wedding reception, look no further than Kiln Creek! Aside from being gorgeous, the wedding coordinator Laura Davis (and Nicki) are seriously the BEST! Laura helped me keep track of all the tiny details as well as reminded me of things I hadn’t even considered- I definitely couldn’t have planned my wedding reception without her. They set everything up on the day off which helped me be as stress free as possible. It has been three weeks since my wedding and my guests are still talking about how delicious the food was and how gorgeous the room looked. Highly recommend!!

Sent on 02/19/2018
    Kiln Creek Golf Club and Resort 11
  • Krystle

Krystle · Married on 09/23/2017

I don’t even know where to start! The renovations have made this place absolutely breath taking. My wedding day was a dream come true all thanks to Laura Davis, the event coordinator at Kiln Creek. Every single thing surpassed my expectations. Our guests raved about the food, the drinks and the beautiful venue. I really don’t have enough words to say how amazing this place is. Highly recommend!

Sent on 10/01/2017
    Kiln Creek Golf Club and Resort 12
    Kiln Creek Golf Club and Resort 13
    Kiln Creek Golf Club and Resort 14
    Kiln Creek Golf Club and Resort 15
    Kiln Creek Golf Club and Resort 16

Rhonda · Married on 06/23/2017

If you want the most beautiful wedding or social event you have to see Laura Davis at Kiln Creek Golf Club in Newport News, Virginia. She is a true professional and a pleasure to work with. She answered all of our numerous emails and texts promptly, was available for several meetings during our wedding planning process, and not only fulfilled our "vision" but, improved upon it. She was insightful on how we could achieve the best look for our ceremony and reception, while maximizing our decoration budget. Through the whole process she made us feel more like family than clients!!! We would not hesitate to work with her again or recommend her to future clients!!!!!

Sent on 06/26/2017
  • Tara

Tara · Married on 06/10/2017

Kiln Creek checked off all of the boxes for my wedding: outdoor ceremony and indoor reception at the same location, only wedding taking place that day, hotel rooms on site, reasonable prices per head for dinner, event coordinator on site, and a space outdoors where appealing pictures could be taken. The coordinator, Laura, is so sweet and patient and truly knows what she is doing. I have worked at hotels where the sales/event staff are gone by the time dinner is served. Not Laura-- she was there from probably 10am to 11:30pm making sure everything was perfect for me and my family/friends. The food is amazing and so affordable compared to what you normally see for wedding caterers. They were even able to order local beer and wine on my behalf to serve. The ballroom space is gorgeous and the windows are huge and make for a great picture. My family also loved the accommodations--they have hotel rooms on site that must have been updated within the last year. I am SO happy I decided to go with Kiln Creek!

Sent on 06/15/2017

Lauren · Married on 05/02/2015

Kiln Creek was beautiful for our wedding reception! Laura Davis, the wedding coordinator for the venue, is the most helpful and compassionate person! I don't know what I would have done without her. The food and service was incredible. I cannot recommend this venue enough for your wedding or reception needs.

Sent on 05/19/2015

I got married on December 6, laura guided me through the process, did not have the slightest idea of what I wanted, helped me find some dealers and talk to them to agree for the event, helped me in every detail of the wedding from putting arrangements and gave me ideas for my favors, They set-up and the venue for us so We Could concentrate on the wedding. not to stress out and enjoy my day, laura Thanks for all the help you gave us

Sent on 01/15/2015

Tai-marie · Married on 04/12/2014

I must say, we were totally blown away with Kiln Creek's service at our wedding reception. Laura, our event coordinator, was the absolute best. We had been planning for almost a year and Laura had been there every step of the way. She was more than accommodating with her time and she always answered my emails in a timely manner, if not right away. We had the best time at our reception and all our family and friends can't stop raving about the food, facility and service that Kiln Creek provided. Thank you so much, Laura and Susan! You guys are beyond awesome!

Sent on 04/21/2014

Sherry · Married on 06/29/2013

I can not say enough nice things about our experience with Kiln Creek. From the very beginning Laura was there to guide us through the process. I could call on her at any time and she was always pleasant and extremly helpful. She shared her insight with us and helped us with details that we were clueless about. The staff was amazing and Susan was on hand the night of the wedding to make sure things were running smoothly. They set up the pavillion and the venue for us so we could concentrate on the wedding. The food was awesome and I heard rave reviews all night about how much everyone loved the wait staff. The service was phenominal. My guest told me that they never wanted for anything. It was truly all that we had hoped for and I as the mom of the bride did not have one ounce of stress during the entire process. I highly recommend Kiln Creek.

Sent on 07/01/2013

Dianna · Married on 06/28/2013

Kiln Creek was a perfect venue for my daughters wedding. They were so accommodating, friendly, and just went above and beyond our expectations. The pavilion was decorated beautifully. We took advantage of all Kiln Creek had to offer as far as decorating and didn't need to spend extra money. The reception was beautiful and the food was delicious. We are so pleased with everything. I would highly recommend Kiln Creek Country Club for their wedding. Laura was wonderful and made sure the day went flawless. Thank you, Laura.

Sent on 08/08/2013

Terri · Married on 05/17/2013

Kiln Creek staff knocked it out of the park for my wedding. It was like a fairy tale. Thanks so much for making it so very special

Sent on 06/25/2013

Dezaray · Married on 06/02/2012

EVERYTHING about Kiln Creek was amazing! The staff, food, set up, value, hotel, etc. was more than what I expected! The staff was very helpful with everything from beginning to end. I emailed the manager many times just about questions I had about wedding planning in general and she was very helpful. The staff was always professional and nice. Our wedding ceremony was outside underneath the Pavilion and one of the staff helped us set up (even though he did not have to help). They let us set up the night before the wedding reception in the Peninsula room since there was not another event scheduled. I have no complaints at all about Kiln Creek and I will continue to refer them for any occasion!

Sent on 06/06/2012

Jennifer · Married on 04/16/2011

Venue for Reception/Ceremony & Catering

There is not one bad thing that I can say about Kiln Creek Golf & Country Club. When I called or emailed, there was always someone there to answer, or call right back if a message was left. Even though they have a "menu", they are able to do changes if you need (my son has a food allergy). The setup was beautiful, we were not cramped. There was one item of food that they ran out of, however, that was partly our fault by letting the kids eat off the buffet (but it was also because it took a little longer for the childrens food to come out - they were hungry!) They did a beautiful job setting the food tables, the memorial table, they set the favors, the table centerpeices (even though we added something to it). They were able at the last minute to move things around for more people. Thank you so much Kiln Creek (Jen, Brittani, and the rest of the crew) for a memorable day, inside and out!

Kiln Creek also did my catering. We did the Southern Comfort Buffet Menu. We chose Blackened Tuna with a Mango Sauce (Yogurt based), Grilled Chicken with a BBQ Sauce, and North Carolina Pulled Pork BBQ. The sides we chose were the steamed vegetable, cole slaw, oven roasted potatoes, and greek pasta salad (minus the onion). Absolutely everthing was delicious. I have not heard one complaint/groan/"it was okay". Everyone loved the food. They also had rolls if anyone wanted a BBQ sandwich. The punch was some of the best I've had. Not too sweet, just right. We also did the Open Bar for Beer and Wine....you can never go wrong with that. The liquor was there if someone wanted a mixed drink or shot.

Sent on 05/03/2011

ashlee · Married on 07/02/2016

I really enjoyed every moment of it! It's very beautiful and the wedding coordinator Laura Dabis is the best she is there for you every step of the way

Sent on 07/10/2016

Heather · Married on 05/31/2008

Everyone at Kiln Creek Golf Club & Resort was great to work with. I enjoyed working with Lori through the planning, she was a huge help with any questions I had and providing great suggestions where I was needing help. The food was incredible.

Sent on 08/28/2008

Rachyl · Married on 05/24/2008

Kiln Creek's Wedding coordinater was wonderful to work with in planning the reception from start to finish. She was attentive to details, suggestive oif ideas and flexible to all our needs. She was professional with quick responses to all questions and really helped the entire event to be stress free. The venue was very private and beautiful with all decorations done with care giving us exactly the atmosphere we desired. The food was excellent also!

Sent on 09/01/2008

janael walker · Married on 05/11/2019

Perfect. The venue is amazing and Pthe staff was great on the wedding day. Nikki was wonderful throughout the process leading up to the day. Thank you

Perfect. The venue is amazing. Windows everywhere get views. The staff was great on the wedding day. Nikki was wonderful throughout the process leading up to the day. If I could do it over again I would just for the experience .

Sent on 05/29/2019

Stacey West · Married on 01/12/2019

Daughter's Wedding

Nikki was phenomenal! Being the mother of the bride, I was extremely nervous about everything running smoothly. Nikki took all my worries away and made sure everything was perfect!

Sent on 03/04/2019

Deven · Married on 05/03/2008

Lori Dunn, who was our point of contact, was wonderful. All of our questions were answered quickly and she stayed in constant communication prior to the wedding. During our big day everything went smoothly without any problems what so ever. With that said, we highly recommend Ms. Dunn and Kiln Creek.

Sent on 09/03/2008

Mary · Married on 02/17/2018

All Inclusive Venue

Kiln Creek was the perfect wedding venue!! It hit all the check marks, plus some!! The new ballroom is gorgeous! Our guests loved the design and elegance of the venue. We chose Kiln Creek for its all inclusive package. If you want a stress free, fun, and beautiful venue, look no more! This place has it all!

Our wedding planner Nikky was incredible and a very hard worker! She was extremely organized, professional, and detail oriented. We loved working with her and would recommend her to anyone! Our day was perfect because of her.

Thank you Kiln Creek Golf Club and Resort for giving us the best day ever. ❤️

Sent on 02/11/2019

Jennifer · Married on 10/06/2007

3.6
      2.5

This place is amazing. Most of my guests were coming from out of town and they have an attached hotel. They were wonderful, the food was amazing. I had my ceremony in the Gazebo outside, the reception upstairs, we used the bar room for the smokers/bar area. Overall it was wonderful, everyone that attended said it was the best wedding they had ever attended.

The only complaints I have are
    1. We did a slide show and was told the projector they had would take DVD's, but it didn't. Unfortunately we didn't know this until the middle of the reception which made large empty uncomfortable spot. I had to send my father in law home to get a laptop.

2) When it was time to cut the cake they had no dishes out, and no body there to serve it, we had to hunt someone down. Also they had to be told to serve coffee.

3) They lost my cake topper after the wedding. This was a very big deal, as I had bought a $200 Sterling Silver/Swarski Crystal monagram topper, that we intended to mount after the wedding.

However, there was a new person there in charge of the reception room, Angela, and she was great! She gave a credit for the items that were messed up.

Even with these problems, the day was flawless.

Sent on 07/30/2008

Jacqueline · Married on 10/20/2007

2.8
      2.0
      3.0

The location is beautiful, but a lot of what was promised to me didn't happen during my wedding. There was even another event booked outside during my reception, which was very loud. The food was great, but there is a lot of loop holes in their contracts which can work against you. You have to stay on top of things there, or else things won't turn out how you want. They even booked the bridal/wedding suite at the resort to somebody else so I had to make other arrangements.

Sent on 07/28/2008