Key Destination Weddings & Events Reviews

Key Destination Weddings & Events 5
Key Destination Weddings & Events 6
Key Destination Weddings & Events 7

lauren · Married on 02/12/2016

I am sorry not to have written this sooner! Carin was wonderful with every detail. She was able to create what i was looking for and keep it all within the every changing budget. I was also impressed by her ability to make my mother feel involved with her ideas but not letting them take over my view and i what i wanted, which can be hard to do with my mother at times. I felt secure knowing my vision for the day of would be exactly what i was wanting. Although i did not get married to see the final detail, I know any one who chooses Carin and her staff will not be disappointed!!

Sent on 03/27/2017

Nicole · Married on 01/16/2016

If you are reading this and thinking about hiring a wedding planner for your wedding, stop thinking right now and book Carin with Key Destination Weddings & Events! I recently had my destination wedding in Key Largo and hired Carin for the mid-level planning package. She is super organized and will make sure that you not only have all of your vendors lined up, but that you have the BEST vendors. I think I chose every one of her recommended vendors and I am so happy that I did! Carin helped me through my entire wedding planning process - giving me advice on color schemes, wedding gifts and even designed my wedding invitations for me! We got married at the Key Largo Lighthouse Beach and since she is their preferred planner, she knows that property inside and out. Carin had everything under control from the Rehearsal Dinner to the Wedding Ceremony to the end of the Reception. I am so happy that I was able to actually enjoy myself during my wedding weekend instead of rushing around trying to make sure everything was in order. She and Katie used a minute by minute schedule to keep everything on track and had solid backup plans in case things didnt go as planned. Also, as an out of town bride, you forget the little things that you won't have at your disposal when you get to the wedding (i.e. cake stand, toasting flutes, cake cutting knife, etc.). Well, never fear, Carin has all of that on hand for you to use. Hiring Carin was one of the best decisions I made and I highly recommend her!

Sent on 02/16/2016

Hillary · Married on 12/12/2015

Words cannot express how happy I am that I had Carin from Key Destination Weddings plan my event! I really didn't have a good vision for my wedding, other than knowing that I wanted a beach wedding, but thank goodness I had Carin because she made everything amazing! She created the perfect timeline for my wedding and made sure that everything ran smoothly. She also made sure that I had the most beautiful center pieces and she added so many amazing details that just made everything perfect. I would not have been able to do any of it without her!!! She gave me my dream wedding, plus more!!!

Sent on 12/15/2015

Samantha · Married on 11/07/2015

Although people tend to think that planning a destination wedding is stress-free compared to planning a traditional wedding, I found this to be untrue! My (now) husband and I planned our wedding in less than a year, at a location we never set eyes on in person until two days before our wedding! So there were definitely some stressful times!! But our wedding was more than we could have ever hoped for. And Carin helped us make that possible. There were so many unknowns for us throughout the planning process but anytime I felt uneasy about something, Carin was there to ease my mind! Carin responded to my emails promptly no matter how important or silly my question was. My mind was put even more at ease when we finally arrived to FL the Tuesday before our wedding and got to meet Carin in person. We hired Carin as more of a "day of coordinator", although she did much more prior to us arriving in FL- answered emails, gave referrals and tips, along with advice when asked. But her "day of" coordinating went into full effect that Tuesday, days before our actual wedding. From then on I didn't have to communicate with any of the vendors or really worry about anything!! Carin planned our time line based on what we wanted to happen during our wedding day, and she was there every step of the way making sure things flowed perfectly! She was with us during our rehearsal to make sure everyone was aware of what they needed to do and she was there the entire night of the wedding making sure everything went according to plan (even though she was sick!!) Overall we loved Key Destination Weddings & Events. Carin was amazing, and more than a wedding planner/coordinator, she became a friend!! She is an all around great person- knowledgeable, honest, patient and reliable! I would recommend her to anyone looking for a wedding planner in The Keys!!

Sent on 12/17/2015

Rasheeda · Married on 10/10/2015

As a person that had no idea of what to do, I was so fortunate to have my wedding planned by Key Destination Weddings and Events. Carin (our planner) was exceptional. We had very little time to plan our wedding and we were working with a tight budget and our special day was more amazing than we could have dreamed.

Sent on 10/21/2015

Kristin · Married on 10/03/2015

Carin helped with us with the day of events. She was super helpful throughout the whole process. Any small questions I had before the wedding she was more than happy to answer. She took what we wanted as a couple into great consideration. Also, it was very important my family help set up the venue. Carin took time out of her day to come back and help setup the night before the wedding which I thought was amazing. If I ever have a vow renewal Carin will definitely be my first call for organization and planning. She helped keep me and my girls stress free and the boys where they were supposed to be.

Sent on 10/20/2015

Renne · Married on 10/03/2015

Carin was the my daughters wedding planner, and as a mother who was 1500 miles away during the planning, I could not of asked for someone better. She made our event effortless, with her attention to details, nothing was forgotten!! The wedding was beautiful, and all of my guests raved about the whole event. Thank you Carin for a great job!!

Sent on 10/20/2015

Tonie · Married on 06/25/2015

Thank you Carin for a a stress-free wedding by taking care of all the planning a from A to Z! Couldn't do it without your help. Plus, everyone had a great time! Love it!!!!!

Sent on 07/17/2015

Bobbie · Married on 05/02/2015

This girl made my daughter's wedding the best it could be! I can't say enough about her professionalism and just overall sweet nature. I had done a lot myself but needed someone to help me the rest of the way. She took charge where I needed her and made sure everything was done. I would go ask her a question and whatever it was - she had already done it. Nothing was forgotten about - in fact, she came up with things that I didn't think of. I could breathe so easy and enjoy this wonderful weekend like a mother-of-the-bride should. She helped make this wedding BETTER than perfect. Thank you so much Carin!! I would highly recommend her!

Sent on 05/11/2015

Jessica · Married on 04/18/2015

My husband and I were so thankful to have found Key Destination Wedding and Events. We both were so excited to get married in Key West, but living in Tampa made me nervous about the details. Carin quickly put my mind at ease by taking the time to listen to what our vision for our wedding day was. She was very organized and methodical without lacking in lots of creativity. She knew we wanted the fun elements of a Key West and beach wedding with the sophisticated atmosphere of a black tie event. We were able to share thoughts via telephone, text, email and Pinterest and she always made sure to involve my groom. When we couldn't be in Key West meeting with vendors, Carin was there. I had no worries about the event in the planning stages at all. The weekend of the wedding Carin was behind the scenes making sure rehearsal was set up (she decorated our room for us) and that all parties were where they needed to be doing what they needed to. She even helped manage a sensitive family issue that had been giving me anxiety. Our wedding was definitely made up of all the things I had been dreaming of since I was a little girl and Carin played a huge role in that. The perfect wedding planner for the perfect day. My husband and I would highly recommend her for any event.

Sent on 04/27/2015

Carin is absolutely fantastic! She knows what she is doing and it shows in her work. I can be a bit controlling & I ended up planning everything (with friends help) and just had her as the day of. I wish I would have gave in and got her as full time because after I hired her I felt so much relief knowing I had her. She was right there anytime I had a question, needed advice or even needed a friend. She is truly passionate about her job and makes your wedding perfect like as if it were hers. I remember showing up in the limo and I just had to take a breath because everything was set up just like I pictured and it was just perfect. The whole night I didn't have to worry about a thing and I was able to relax and have the best time. I love you Carin and thank you so much for everything you have done for us.

Love,
    Mr. & Mrs. Travis Wilson

Sent on 03/02/2015

Nicole · Married on 02/14/2015

Carin was AMAZING! Hiring Carin was the best decision we made! She guided me through the whole wedding process. She helped me book all of the other vendors for my wedding. One of the things that I greatly appreciated was how honest Carin was. She was very straight forward with what would and would not work. I got the wedding of my dreams and all of the details were perfect. She brought all of my ideas to life. My family and friends were so happy with everything. I cannot say enough great things about Carin and her company. If you hire her I promise you will not be let down-- you will actually get to enjoy your wedding!

Sent on 03/11/2015

Leslie · Married on 01/17/2015

Wow! Thank you Carin! I had Carin as my "day-of" coordinator and could not have been happier. What they say is true- hire a coordinator! It's worth it. I hired Carin from Key Largo for my wedding in Key West. Although she was not familiar with the venue, she adapted well, utilizing the space efficiently. She relieved a lot of stress on the day of that as a bride you do not have time to deal with. I was able to relax in my room, get ready with my bridesmaids, and only worry about myself. Before the wedding, she was more than willing to meet with me on several occasions to go over details and find out what was important to us. I was the first of my friends to get married, and so I had little advice on things. Carin was very knowledgeable on what to expect, what traditionally happens, and even pricing of things like flowers, cakes, etc. I could not have been happier! Thank you!

Sent on 01/20/2015

Kristin · Married on 11/15/2014

I could not have choose anyone more perfect then Carin to be my coordinator. She was so helpful throughout the entire process and helped guide me through all of the steps all the way till the very end of our wedding night. The day of couldn't have gone more perfect and it was all due to Carin and her assistant Erin. A quote from my husband says it perfectly "I've never seen someone do so much in one day." They did everything and I never once had to worry about a thing. I just knew she would have everything set up perfectly and it was beyond perfection. Even during the few stressful moments of the day I knew I could always look to her to calm me down and have it all taken care of. It was everything we could have dreamed of and it could not have happened without her.

Sent on 11/19/2014

Jennifer · Married on 11/02/2014

Having a wedding planner such as Carin was a life saver. She was such a pleasure to work with. Very professional and she thinks of every small detail. Carin made my wedding day so special. I truly am so happy I had her every step of the way. She will definitely make your big day unique to you and don't forget fun. She is very talented at her job and I would highly recommend her for your wedding or any event.

Sent on 11/19/2014

Diane · Married on 10/04/2014

I couldn't have had a better experience working with Carin of Key Destination Weddings! She was a pleasure to work with and an absolute life saver! She helped me find an all-star team of vendors and a beautiful site. She was also there to help with decorating dilemmas of mine and the logistics of the whole event. There is no way our wedding would have turned out as wonderful as it did without her. I am so grateful to have had Carin and would highly recommend her to anyone having a Keys wedding!!

Sent on 11/18/2014

Erica · Married on 05/17/2014

There is no way our wedding day would have gone smoothly without Carin as our wedding planner. She was with us throughout the entire wedding planning process. My husband and I are not exactly the best with planning, she made sure to keep us on track. Our wedding took place on Bimini in the Bahamas and Carin did an amazing job coordinating every detail with the venue. Even though we live in the Keys and are pretty relaxed people, the Bahamas have an even more laid back culture and Carin made sure to keep everyone from the chef to the florist on schedule. She planned out our rehearsal lunch and helped my father plan a celebration the night before the wedding. She helped find the beach our ceremony took place on, which was a beautiful white sand beach with an amazing view of the sunset. She was everywhere on the day of, she did everything from helping set up the reception site, keeping me calm, keeping the boys on schedule, keeping any hiccups in the day away from me and probably more I never even knew about. Our wedding could not have been more beautiful and the day was a stress free as any wedding day could be thanks to her! On top of the actual wedding day, every event leading up to our wedding Carin planned. She found an amazing canal front home for our engagement party and made every detail of the night perfect from the bar set up, to an amazing paella dinner, and an amazing coconut cake. She planned out every detail of my bridal shower over looking a beautiful bay in Key Largo with a perfect buffet lunch and bridal shower games. She was even there helping with the bachelorette party and found us an amazing place to stay in Key West. I cannot say enough about Carin! If you want to plan a destination wedding in the Florida Keys or the Bahamas, this is the woman you want as your planner!!

Sent on 12/22/2014

Kimberly · Married on 04/27/2013

I could not say enough wonderful things about Carin Kronheim. She planned everything for my wedding and events leading up to it with excitement, attention to detail, and only my best interest and wants at heart. She is incredibly reliable, flexible and adaptable to whatever last minute changes or challenges you make or need.

She warned me about April showers when I we wanted my garden outdoor wedding with no tent at the end of April. Yet she did her absolute best to accommodate me until the last minute I caved and we rushed to find a tent. It looked even more magical than I could have dreamed with the tent and chairs. It did rain, and as all wedding planners will tell you that raining on your big day is good luck, she went a step further and captured the rain from our wedding day and sealed it with "love" for my husband and I to cherish forever.

We also had an amazingly difficult time finding wooden fold out chairs the way I wanted them. I can't even count how many vendors she contacted and negotiated contracts with until we found the perfect one, with the perfect price.

Carin made my wedding my dream wedding and there is no way I could have done it without her. I can keep going but I'm writing this on my phone and I don't think I have enough room to fit it all!!

Love,
    Your garden bride ~ Kimberly Cox

Sent on 12/22/2014

Mary · Married on 03/02/2018

Carin is Amazing! Smart, Organized and Professional. Go to her if you want a stress free experience!

Sent on 03/11/2018

Raelene · Married on 12/03/2017

I can’t thank these ladies enough! Even when a Hurricane destroyed my first venue they still made the drive & were their for my wedding. Everything was prefect & Wendy really did a wonderful job. Thank you all again!

Sent on 12/24/2017
    Key Destination Weddings & Events 8

Nora · Married on 01/05/2019

Great experience with Wendy!

Wendy was great to work with! She is super sweet and always responsive. She was also incredibly accommodating and made sure to be available when I traveled down to Florida from New York for a site visit. She was also really helpful on-site the day-of the wedding.

The wedding outline that she put together was well done, but I did have to make a few rounds of corrections. Granted, I am an event planner myself for a living and extremely detail-oriented, so I can imagine I'm not the easiest client. :)

Overall I had a great experience and would recommend for a Keys Wedding!

Sent on 01/30/2019

Courtney · Married on 07/14/2018

Wendy and team were outstanding at helping us plan the destination wedding of our dreams. We started planning just after the hurricane and they were all about making sure we had everything we need despite the challenges. Our day was even more than we had hoped and would recommend them to anyone getting married in the Keys.

Sent on 07/30/2018
    Key Destination Weddings & Events 9
    Key Destination Weddings & Events 10
    Key Destination Weddings & Events 11

Katie Damminger · Married on 05/10/2019

Local Vendor Relationships

When we were looking at venues in Key Largo and Islamorada and mentioned that we may be working with Carin at Key Destination Weddings, every single person raved about them. Once we started working together it was easy to see that Carin and her team are so well plugged into the community and local event vendors. Having those relationships went a long way and saved us so much time and effort from searching and vetting options. I knew that the companies she suggested would deliver and didn’t have to stress. Even with a busy event schedule Carin was very responsive and offered advice and suggestions outside of our outlined scope as a courtesy. The timeline she created was paramount in bringing all the moving pieces together and again was a huge time and worry saver. I’m very glad to have partnered with Carin and Wendy for our Key Largo wedding and recommend their services!

Sent on 06/17/2019