Key Destination Weddings & Events Reviews

52 Key Destination Weddings & Events Reviews
  • Rosemary

Rosemary · Married on 10/06/2018

Amazing wedding in Key Largo

Wendy, Ann, Carin and the team were amazing through the whole process of our wedding. They were flexible with all our changes and always willing to answer questions. Tony and Onya really made our buffet work and brought my idea of the table setup to life. We ended up with an amazing day thanks to all of their help and planning. We would recommend them to anyone looking for any size of event.

Key Destination Weddings & Events 1
    Key Destination Weddings & Events 2

Barbara · Married on 09/22/2018

Wendy was a great help in making our daughter's wedding at La Playa run smoothly! She was the coordinator with all our vendors. She guided us thru the whole process until midnight of the wedding! Karen was there for the day of and was her right hand person. They kept us to the timeline (they tried-lol) and there were no hiccups. The wedding was storybook.....we highly recommend them for your dream wedding!

ALENE · Married on 09/06/2018

I HAVE NOT HAD THE PLEASURE OF YOUR WORK AS OF YET, BUT I MET YOUR MOM YESTERDAY IN MICHAEL'S AND WE HAD A DELIGHTFUL CONVERSATION WHICH IS HOW I FOUND OUT THAT YOU WERE AN EVENT PLANNER. LET ME JUST SAY THAT YOU HAVE AN AWESOME MOM WHO HAS A BEAUTIFUL SPIRIT. BUT I GUESS YOU ALREADY KNOW THAT. ANYWAY, I LOOK FORWARD TO MAKING YOUR NEXT WEDDING EVENT BCUZ I TOO AM AN EVENT PLANNER. HOPE TO SEE YOU IN JANUARY!!!! I DIDN'T WANT TO MESS UP YOUR PERFECT 5 STAR RATING, BCUZ YOUR MOM TOLD ME HOW HARD YOU WORK TO KEEP IT PERFECT(SMILE).... I PRAY THAT GOD CONTINUES TO BLESS YOU IN YOUR BUSINESS AND MAY GOD CONTINUE TO BLESS YOUR MOM!!!!!

Kristin · Married on 06/30/2018

We could not have had such a perfect day without Carin and her team! You put us all at ease and were truly a rock star! From beginning to end, your attention to every single detail was flawless. I would highly recommend Key Destination Weddings & Events and hope to work with you again in the future! Thank you!

Erika · Married on 06/16/2018

I could NOT have asked for better wedding planners. Wendy and Carin were absolutely amazing with EVERY single detail of our wedding. Before using them, I faced some hardships with planning-from the second Wendy was put on the job she did everything possible to ease my mind and give me the wedding of my dreams. Professionalism, attention to details, creativity and most importantly a new friendship throughout my wedding planning journey was displayed every step of the way. Key Destination Weddings thought of things I never thought possible. Anytime I had a question or bridzilla moment Wendy was on it immediately.-and always knew exactly what to say to ease my mind. Key Destination Weddings made us feel like we were the only wedding in the world. I could never thank these ladies enough for the amazing and perfect job they did throughout my planning, wedding and entire wedding experience!!

Jaime · Married on 05/31/2018

Carin and her team are best ever !! There are not enough words to describe how happy we are!! Everything was perfect and the team was a dream to work with!! We can't thank them enough for making all of our wedding wishes come to life!! They were involved every step of the way, and we could not imagine planning this magical day without this team! We would hire them over and over again!!

Amanda · Married on 03/03/2018

When we decided to do a destination wedding in the Florida Keys we chose to work with Carin at Key Destination Wedding & Events, and I am so glad we made that choice. From the moment we met with Carin to learn more about her and the services she offered, we knew she would be the right person to help us plan our wedding. Carin & Wendy are both extremely knowledgeable about the Florida Keys area and all the local vendors. They were so helpful in setting up appointments, tastings, and vendor meetings for us and ensuring we chose the best vendors for our budget and style. Through their help, I felt like I was able to establish relationships with each of our vendors and not feel like "just another bride" coming through.

When our venue was destroyed by Hurricane Irma in Fall 2017, and we had to find a new location just 4 months before the wedding, Carin was able to help us find a new venue that we loved even more than the first venue. I don't know what we would have done without her help - her expertise of the area and her inside knowledge of the state of the Keys after the hurricane was invaluable.

On the weekend of our wedding Carin & Wendy were there every step of the way, helping with set-up and break-down, and ensured everything ran smoothly. Throughout our wedding weekend I was truly able to sit back and watch it all happen and soak up every moment. Choosing to work with Carin for full-wedding planning was the best and most-important decision we made for our wedding.

Key Destination Weddings & Events 3

Nicole · Married on 02/25/2018

We had Wendy as our day of wedding planner and she was absolutely amazing! So helpful and made everything exactly how I pictured it!!! I was not initially going to have a day of planner, but it was worth it!!! I can’t imagine not having Wendy there that day! Thank you!!!

Danielle · Married on 02/03/2018

Carin and Wendy were absolutely fabulous! Originally I was skeptical when the venue suggested that I get a day of planner, I felt like I totally could handle all the little details myself. I don’t think I could have been more wrong, I leaned on them for so many things and they helped make our day perfect and stress free! I highly recommend them.

Linda · Married on 01/28/2018

Key destinations weddings was great to work with and significantly allow me to enjoy and relax for the weeks leading up to and weekend of our wedding! They were always there for me when I had questions & put my mind at ease when I was overwhelemd. When it came time for our big day, the team did more than I could have ever asked for. It was perfect! I was able to relax & enjoy the best day of my life. Having Carin and Wendy was a godsend! They kept me sane and was able to contact and coordinate all my various vendors and have everyone on the same page and have the day run incredibly smoothly, despite the curve ball Mother Nature (almost) threw that day. They were able to get all our details set up in our reception and ceremony space perfectly so that everyone could relax and visit during the day. I would say investing in a coordinator was one of the best decisions we made for the wedding and Key destinations wedding did an amazing job! My husband didn't quite understand why we needed a wedding planner, but now he is the first one to tell all of our friends that it was worth it!

Key Destination Weddings & Events 4
    Key Destination Weddings & Events 5
    Key Destination Weddings & Events 6

Alexandra · Married on 11/25/2017

Carin and Wendy were truly the DREAM TEAM! We hired her for Day of Wedding planner services and they truly went ABOVE AND BEYOND for our wedding day. Carin the owner is the most organized person you will ever meet! I was a little nervous about hiring anyone because i am extremely controlling and it's very hard for me to let others take over; especially when it came to our DIY wedding. But she makes sure to know every single detail for your day, from the small details to what you want out of the day, the timeline, she handles the rehearsal the day before, handling vendor issues, keeping photographer within the timeline, and making sure the whole day runs smooth. She is super personable and all around the sweetest person ever! She took 100000 lbs off my shoulders and my stress basically disappeared when I met with her and went over all our details. She did more than I could ever imagine and even gave me some words of encouragement before walking down the aisle. I would truly recommend her and her team a million times our wedding day would've never been the same without her and Wendy!!!! <3

Key Destination Weddings & Events 7
    Key Destination Weddings & Events 8

Travis · Married on 11/04/2017

We started out thinking we could plan our own destination wedding but an unexpected cross country move made that less likely. We decided to hire a planner/coordinator and ended up working with Wendy from Key Destination Wedding & Events. We couldn't be happier. Wendy was just as excited about our wedding as we were and carried that positive energy throughout the day of the big event.

No matter how many questions we had or changes we wanted to make, Wendy was happy to accommodate and did so quickly. We could tell she took who we were into every suggestions she made from picking the officiant to connecting us with an ideal photographer. And the best part (which was worth its weight in gold) was how Wendy made sure the whole day went smoothly, leaving us to focus on each other. Thanks to Wendy, we were able to enjoy the experience instead of working on our big day.

No regrets and wouldn't change a thing!

Mandi · Married on 10/28/2017

Carin, Wendy and Kim were absolutely amazing! I cannot say enough good things about them. We ran into obstacles during our planning process, ranging from the first venue canceling on us to Hurricane Irma and they were there for every step and had a game plan for everything. They are extremely professional and so incredibly sweet, they really made the planning less stressful and they were rockstars on the day of the wedding. We had a tight schedule to try to fit everything in and they kept everything running like a well oiled machine. I am so happy that we got to meet them and that they were a part of our day, I really don't know what we would have done without them. Thank you again, Wendy, Kim and Carin!!

Lydia · Married on 10/28/2017

This review is long overdue but I am happy I am finally getting to write it! Carin, Wendy and the rest of the team were put to the test with our wedding as we hit crazy circumstances, but they made are day amazing and we can't thank them enough. After somehow making it through Hurricane Irma we thought our venue and wedding were in the clear until a tropical storm looked like it was coming through on the day of our wedding. Seeing the weather conditions get worse and worse by the hour, we had to find another venue the day before our wedding. Carin and Wendy gave us options within two hours and we had a new venue picked for our big day within four. It was crazy but they were so helpful and attentive and made us feel like we were their only priority. My husband and I don't know what we would have done without them and it really goes to show how much they care about their clients. They were so amazing to work with from start to finish and I would HIGHLY recommend anyone to work with them.

We love you Key Destination Wedding Team!

Lydia and Joe

David · Married on 06/10/2017

Carin & Key Destination Weddings have been phenomenal. My fiancee and I were been blown away with her ability to wear so many hats while still getting everything done and making our lives SO much easier. Part therapist, part mediator, part coordinator, part magician, part inspiration, but more than anything AWESOME. This is someone who clearly loves what they do and the level of professionalism and attention to detail is so far ahead of what we've been accustom I will not only recommend her services but look to actively promote her/them any chance I get.

Luke · Married on 05/13/2017

Wendy was the best! Money well spent to have her on our team. She made our wedding day smooth and stress free! Would absolutely recommend!

Kelsey · Married on 05/05/2017

As the mother of the bride, having Carin and her team plan my daughter's wedding was one of the best decisions we made. The wedding in the keys was beautiful and my daughter and son in law could not have been happier. I recommend Key Destination Weddings & Events to anyone wanting to have the wedding of their dreams down in the Keys. Thanks Carin for making my daughter's wedding, her dream wedding. Sincerely, Sherry Olsen

Samantha · Married on 04/15/2017

CARIN AND HER TEAM ARE THE BEST! We hired Carin about a year out from our big day and she helped us plan every step of the process and make our beachy wedding vision come to life (and go beyond expectations). At times I'm sure I drove her crazy (we had a lot of changes throughout the process) and Carin handled them all with an unsurpassed amount of thought, detail and care. Her and her team are amazing. On the actual wedding day she was amazing and was able to wrangle our rowdy crowd and made sure that the groom and myself didn't have to think about what/where we were supposed to be when and took care of it ALL. She even handled a few mishaps we had with our venue so we didn't have to and did it in such a way that had we had not asked, we would have never known it was going on. She even showed up to our post wedding brunch on Easter Sunday to make sure everyone was happy and everything was in order. If I lived closer I'd make her be my friend and organize my life because she's just that wonderful. Before I started planning my wedding I never thought I needed/wanted a wedding planner and now I have no idea how I would have planned my wedding without her. She's incredible!

• Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 04/04/2017

Brides, stop looking... you've found the best!!! Carin, thank you from the bottom of our hearts!!!!! We planned our Florida Keys' wedding from over 3,000 miles away from England and we couldn't have done any of it without Carin and her team. You weren't just our day of planner... you treated us like family. We hired Carin and team as our "day of" planner, which meant we had her assistance for the wedding day. She went above and beyond and helped us pull every minute detail together WEEKS ahead of the big event. (Which she did on her own accord!! She gave us her services even though she didn't have to!) Brides, if you're doubting you need a planner, trust me, you NEED HER! Carin took every stress and worry we had and calmed us every step of the way. Which wasn't easy when the bride and groom is 3,000 miles away.

We had welcome drinks the day before our big day off site and forgot our wedding itinerary's we wanted to pass out to all the guests... low and behold, here comes Carin with the welcome letters. She drove out off her way, off duty, just to deliver them to make our event even more special. We are still blown away. On the wedding day, she was first in the wedding suite to make sure we had everything needed and more without questions. I forgot a few things and she simply just made it happen. (Got balloons blown up for day of photo's, which we had just sprung on her at the last second.) Nothing was too much and having her calming influence just made the wedding! Reception literally couldn't have been done without her and her team. Everything was done with military precision that I didn't even have to think. My husband and I could just enjoy the moment and be present. Which is what every bride and groom simply want, to take in every memory. don't know how you do it Carin, you simply are magic. Brides, if you have Carin as your planner, count your lucky stars. I know we do!

Sent on 04/08/2017

Key Destination Weddings & Events's reply:

You, my love, are simply why we love our jobs. We were so honored to be a part of your wedding. It was a magical day and we of course were happy to go above and beyond for you and Graham! We hope to see you both again soon and wish you all the happiness in the world!

Jessica · Married on 03/11/2017

Carin and her team at Key Destination Weddings were amazing! They worked around the clock to ensure that our wedding day went off without a glitch. Carin is meticulous and it really shows! Every tiny detail was important to her. She went above and beyond to ensure our wedding day was spectacular. And it was! Dreams do come true.

Ashley · Married on 01/14/2017

We hired Carin for day of coordinating. If I could do it again I'd hire her to plan the whole thing. She was amazing. If thier were any issues on the day of , it was handled with out me knowing. Everything was perfect.

Julie · Married on 01/14/2017

If you're planning a wedding in the Keys, Carin Hunt is the planner to use! She is incredibly professional, easy to work with and flexible. She does everything she can to make the wedding perfect. We hired her as a "day of" planner, but she helped us with recommendations from the start of our planning process. Even with a boot halfway up her leg, she made everything come together in an extraordinary way! I highly recommend.

Reena · Married on 01/10/2017

Carin and her assistant Ann helped make our special day run smoothly. Carin reviewed my list of vendors, etc., prior to my arrival and made sure I didn't miss anything. On the day of the ceremony, Ann was right there making sure we were on time and that everything ran smoothly.

• User7411505 · 1+ year ago

Carin was amazing to work with! I used her as a day of coordinator and I am so thankful that I did. She took care of every detail and put my mind at ease. I never thought I would use a coordinator, but it was so much easier with her. She took care of cleanup and was organized and thoughtful. I'd recommend her to anyone!

Michael · Married on 10/29/2016

We can't not say enough great things about Carin and her assistant. We were very nervous as we had booked our venue, and all of our vendors for our recent destination wedding, long before we ever visited the venue or met with anyone in person. We could not have been more pleased with Carin's guidance. She was quick to make suggestions when she knew we were indecisive on certain decisions, but was not overbearing. When we forgot a few items last minute she took care of them without hesitation. She made sure our entire weekend (welcome dinner/rehearsal, ceremony, and send-off brunch) went smoothly without a hitch, and we would absolutely recommend her without hesitation.

Sent on 11/01/2016

Key Destination Weddings & Events's reply:

We are so grateful to have been a part of your wedding weekend! We wish you both all the happiness in the world!