Key Destination Weddings & Events Reviews

Key Destination Weddings & Events 6
Key Destination Weddings & Events 7
  • Ellen

Ellen Splain · Married on 12/08/2018

Would recommend highly to everyone getting married in South Florida!

When I started planning my wedding, I thought I could do it all myself. I contemplated the need for a wedding planner at all, thinking I could save money there. Ultimately, I decided to hire Wendy and Key Destination Weddings, which was 110% worth it. There is no way anyone could do everything on their own and still enjoy the day. Wendy thought of so many details that I wouldn't have considered, and also helped me keep a level head when I would get stressed out. Our Wedding turned out to be absolutely perfect, mostly due to Wendy and Karen from Key Destination Weddings!

Stacey Taylor · Married on 12/06/2018

Amazing wedding planner!

When Marty and I got engaged, we knew we wanted something on a beach, in the Keys and intimate for the two of us. But we lived several states away and that seriously hinders the ability to plan a wedding of your dreams to your soulmate. We immediately agreed it would be much better to hire a wedding planner and have someone guide us on our decisions for the wedding. I interviewed several planners, and immediately felt comfortable with Wendy. She was knowledgeable, friendly, fun and had some wonderful ideas.

We wanted our day to be special, memorable and amazing. Wendy helped us to create a day that was better than we had dreamed. I worried that since it was such a small wedding (just the two of us and two guests), that we may not get the same attention as if we were having a very large wedding. But that is not the outcome. Wendy made us feel that our day was more special than anything and gave us attention that made us feel we were her only clients. Wendy found us the best vendors to work with and our day was so amazing - it would never have been possible without her.

Wendy was very responsive, stayed on top of every aspect of the planning and gave me reminders when something was due. She helped to get contracts for us, helped us find the perfect fit for every single aspect of our wedding day - from the floral arrangements, the setup, the location, hair and makeup, photography, cake, music, dinner, and even our fishing excursions. Once we were in Islamorada, she met with us, verified all was on track and was with us to help us again the day of our wedding.

I look back on that day and I am so grateful to Wendy for helping me to have those memories. I married the love of my life that day, but it was because of Wendy that it was so special to us! Thank you Wendy!!! --Stacey and Marty Wilson

Karen Bohnsack · Married on 12/01/2018

Amazing Planners!

Key Destination Weddings made my wedding planning and day a breeze! They took care of everything so I was worry-free! Thanks Carin and Wendy!

The Klimas · Married on 11/17/2018

Attentive to Every Detail!

We could not be more pleased with the outcome of our wedding day! From the ceremony to the end of the evening, everything was executed in the most seamless fashion. Thank you for looking after every detail so that we could enjoy every moment of the celebration!!

James Walter Doyle · Married on 11/10/2018

Hire them immediately

I have never been more impressed. We had someone on our team and in our corner from start to finish. They went above and beyond, and it’s obvious that they love what they do. I could talk about how phenomenal this team is for the rest of my life, and it would still not be enough to repay them. Thank you for making our day one that our guests, Florida, and of course ourselves will never forget.

Jamie · Married on 11/10/2018

Highly Recommended!

We called a few planners in the area and instantly went with Keys Destination Events. We worked with Carin who was AMAZING. From the moment we started working together she made it an easy and stress-free which is something we were looking for in a planner. She brought the vision to life perfectly and we had the best wedding ever. It exceeded all of our expectations and went off without a hitch. As we approached the wedding she told us not to worry about a thing and enjoy ourselves - and we did just that. I would highly recommend Carin and the whole team!

• Natalie

Natalie · Married on 11/03/2018

Amazing Team!

Carin and Wendy did an amazing job making my wedding day flawless. They were very professional and thorough in executing all the little details I requested. I would highly recommend any bride to work with them to ensure your day will be as stress free as mine was.

• Staci

Staci · Married on 10/20/2018

Key Destination Weddings and events are THE BEST!

Wendy and everyone at Key Destination Weddings and Events could not have been any better. My planner, Wendy, was there for me every step of the way and I never felt stressed or overwhelmed. She helped me with vendors months leading up to the wedding and answered any question I had (I had manyyyy questions) quickly and thoroughly. The day of the wedding, Wendy was there handling EVERYTHING. Even when our wedding officiant had an emergency 2 hours before the wedding, Wendy stepped in and fixed the issue in mere minutes. I can not recommend Key Destination Weddings and Events enough. Wendy and her team made my wedding everything I wanted it to be and more.

• Rosemary

Rosemary · Married on 10/06/2018

Amazing wedding in Key Largo

Wendy, Ann, Carin and the team were amazing through the whole process of our wedding. They were flexible with all our changes and always willing to answer questions. Tony and Onya really made our buffet work and brought my idea of the table setup to life. We ended up with an amazing day thanks to all of their help and planning. We would recommend them to anyone looking for any size of event.

Key Destination Weddings & Events 8
    Key Destination Weddings & Events 9

Barbara · Married on 09/22/2018

Wendy was a great help in making our daughter's wedding at La Playa run smoothly! She was the coordinator with all our vendors. She guided us thru the whole process until midnight of the wedding! Karen was there for the day of and was her right hand person. They kept us to the timeline (they tried-lol) and there were no hiccups. The wedding was storybook.....we highly recommend them for your dream wedding!

ALENE · Married on 09/06/2018

I HAVE NOT HAD THE PLEASURE OF YOUR WORK AS OF YET, BUT I MET YOUR MOM YESTERDAY IN MICHAEL'S AND WE HAD A DELIGHTFUL CONVERSATION WHICH IS HOW I FOUND OUT THAT YOU WERE AN EVENT PLANNER. LET ME JUST SAY THAT YOU HAVE AN AWESOME MOM WHO HAS A BEAUTIFUL SPIRIT. BUT I GUESS YOU ALREADY KNOW THAT. ANYWAY, I LOOK FORWARD TO MAKING YOUR NEXT WEDDING EVENT BCUZ I TOO AM AN EVENT PLANNER. HOPE TO SEE YOU IN JANUARY!!!! I DIDN'T WANT TO MESS UP YOUR PERFECT 5 STAR RATING, BCUZ YOUR MOM TOLD ME HOW HARD YOU WORK TO KEEP IT PERFECT(SMILE).... I PRAY THAT GOD CONTINUES TO BLESS YOU IN YOUR BUSINESS AND MAY GOD CONTINUE TO BLESS YOUR MOM!!!!!

Kristin · Married on 06/30/2018

We could not have had such a perfect day without Carin and her team! You put us all at ease and were truly a rock star! From beginning to end, your attention to every single detail was flawless. I would highly recommend Key Destination Weddings & Events and hope to work with you again in the future! Thank you!

Erika · Married on 06/16/2018

I could NOT have asked for better wedding planners. Wendy and Carin were absolutely amazing with EVERY single detail of our wedding. Before using them, I faced some hardships with planning-from the second Wendy was put on the job she did everything possible to ease my mind and give me the wedding of my dreams. Professionalism, attention to details, creativity and most importantly a new friendship throughout my wedding planning journey was displayed every step of the way. Key Destination Weddings thought of things I never thought possible. Anytime I had a question or bridzilla moment Wendy was on it immediately.-and always knew exactly what to say to ease my mind. Key Destination Weddings made us feel like we were the only wedding in the world. I could never thank these ladies enough for the amazing and perfect job they did throughout my planning, wedding and entire wedding experience!!

Jaime · Married on 05/31/2018

Carin and her team are best ever !! There are not enough words to describe how happy we are!! Everything was perfect and the team was a dream to work with!! We can't thank them enough for making all of our wedding wishes come to life!! They were involved every step of the way, and we could not imagine planning this magical day without this team! We would hire them over and over again!!

• Jenny

Jenny · Married on 04/28/2018

Absolute Professionalism!!!

I contracted Keys Destiination Weddings to help me with my wedding planning on a very short timeframe. My wedding date was decided & planned in less than two months. Wendy was my wedding planner and she was nothing short of amazing! Wendy provided me with a wealth of resources for vendors which helped a lot! Due to my short term situation, a lot of those vendors were already booked. However, Wendy kept providing me more vendors and made sure I had everything lined up for the big day. Once I had my final consultation with Wendy, she took over...

On my wedding day, I was actually able to enjoy the entire event! Wendy had everything under control and planned down to the minute. All of my guests commented about how my wedding “flowed so well”. No one got bored, everything kept moving, and everyone had a great time! Wendy truly made everything come together & she was on top of it!

One of my “engaged” wedding guest actually booked Wendy after she attended my wedding. ..That should tell you enough... If you want complete professionals, you need to use these people!!!!

Key Destination Weddings & Events 10

Amanda · Married on 03/03/2018

When we decided to do a destination wedding in the Florida Keys we chose to work with Carin at Key Destination Wedding & Events, and I am so glad we made that choice. From the moment we met with Carin to learn more about her and the services she offered, we knew she would be the right person to help us plan our wedding. Carin & Wendy are both extremely knowledgeable about the Florida Keys area and all the local vendors. They were so helpful in setting up appointments, tastings, and vendor meetings for us and ensuring we chose the best vendors for our budget and style. Through their help, I felt like I was able to establish relationships with each of our vendors and not feel like "just another bride" coming through.

When our venue was destroyed by Hurricane Irma in Fall 2017, and we had to find a new location just 4 months before the wedding, Carin was able to help us find a new venue that we loved even more than the first venue. I don't know what we would have done without her help - her expertise of the area and her inside knowledge of the state of the Keys after the hurricane was invaluable.

On the weekend of our wedding Carin & Wendy were there every step of the way, helping with set-up and break-down, and ensured everything ran smoothly. Throughout our wedding weekend I was truly able to sit back and watch it all happen and soak up every moment. Choosing to work with Carin for full-wedding planning was the best and most-important decision we made for our wedding.

Key Destination Weddings & Events 11

Nicole · Married on 02/25/2018

We had Wendy as our day of wedding planner and she was absolutely amazing! So helpful and made everything exactly how I pictured it!!! I was not initially going to have a day of planner, but it was worth it!!! I can’t imagine not having Wendy there that day! Thank you!!!

Danielle · Married on 02/03/2018

Carin and Wendy were absolutely fabulous! Originally I was skeptical when the venue suggested that I get a day of planner, I felt like I totally could handle all the little details myself. I don’t think I could have been more wrong, I leaned on them for so many things and they helped make our day perfect and stress free! I highly recommend them.

Linda · Married on 01/28/2018

Key destinations weddings was great to work with and significantly allow me to enjoy and relax for the weeks leading up to and weekend of our wedding! They were always there for me when I had questions & put my mind at ease when I was overwhelemd. When it came time for our big day, the team did more than I could have ever asked for. It was perfect! I was able to relax & enjoy the best day of my life. Having Carin and Wendy was a godsend! They kept me sane and was able to contact and coordinate all my various vendors and have everyone on the same page and have the day run incredibly smoothly, despite the curve ball Mother Nature (almost) threw that day. They were able to get all our details set up in our reception and ceremony space perfectly so that everyone could relax and visit during the day. I would say investing in a coordinator was one of the best decisions we made for the wedding and Key destinations wedding did an amazing job! My husband didn't quite understand why we needed a wedding planner, but now he is the first one to tell all of our friends that it was worth it!

Key Destination Weddings & Events 12
    Key Destination Weddings & Events 13
    Key Destination Weddings & Events 14

Alexandra · Married on 11/25/2017

Carin and Wendy were truly the DREAM TEAM! We hired her for Day of Wedding planner services and they truly went ABOVE AND BEYOND for our wedding day. Carin the owner is the most organized person you will ever meet! I was a little nervous about hiring anyone because i am extremely controlling and it's very hard for me to let others take over; especially when it came to our DIY wedding. But she makes sure to know every single detail for your day, from the small details to what you want out of the day, the timeline, she handles the rehearsal the day before, handling vendor issues, keeping photographer within the timeline, and making sure the whole day runs smooth. She is super personable and all around the sweetest person ever! She took 100000 lbs off my shoulders and my stress basically disappeared when I met with her and went over all our details. She did more than I could ever imagine and even gave me some words of encouragement before walking down the aisle. I would truly recommend her and her team a million times our wedding day would've never been the same without her and Wendy!!!! <3

Key Destination Weddings & Events 15
    Key Destination Weddings & Events 16

Travis · Married on 11/04/2017

We started out thinking we could plan our own destination wedding but an unexpected cross country move made that less likely. We decided to hire a planner/coordinator and ended up working with Wendy from Key Destination Wedding & Events. We couldn't be happier. Wendy was just as excited about our wedding as we were and carried that positive energy throughout the day of the big event.

No matter how many questions we had or changes we wanted to make, Wendy was happy to accommodate and did so quickly. We could tell she took who we were into every suggestions she made from picking the officiant to connecting us with an ideal photographer. And the best part (which was worth its weight in gold) was how Wendy made sure the whole day went smoothly, leaving us to focus on each other. Thanks to Wendy, we were able to enjoy the experience instead of working on our big day.

No regrets and wouldn't change a thing!

Mandi · Married on 10/28/2017

Carin, Wendy and Kim were absolutely amazing! I cannot say enough good things about them. We ran into obstacles during our planning process, ranging from the first venue canceling on us to Hurricane Irma and they were there for every step and had a game plan for everything. They are extremely professional and so incredibly sweet, they really made the planning less stressful and they were rockstars on the day of the wedding. We had a tight schedule to try to fit everything in and they kept everything running like a well oiled machine. I am so happy that we got to meet them and that they were a part of our day, I really don't know what we would have done without them. Thank you again, Wendy, Kim and Carin!!

Lydia · Married on 10/28/2017

This review is long overdue but I am happy I am finally getting to write it! Carin, Wendy and the rest of the team were put to the test with our wedding as we hit crazy circumstances, but they made are day amazing and we can't thank them enough. After somehow making it through Hurricane Irma we thought our venue and wedding were in the clear until a tropical storm looked like it was coming through on the day of our wedding. Seeing the weather conditions get worse and worse by the hour, we had to find another venue the day before our wedding. Carin and Wendy gave us options within two hours and we had a new venue picked for our big day within four. It was crazy but they were so helpful and attentive and made us feel like we were their only priority. My husband and I don't know what we would have done without them and it really goes to show how much they care about their clients. They were so amazing to work with from start to finish and I would HIGHLY recommend anyone to work with them.

We love you Key Destination Wedding Team!

Lydia and Joe

David · Married on 06/10/2017

Carin & Key Destination Weddings have been phenomenal. My fiancee and I were been blown away with her ability to wear so many hats while still getting everything done and making our lives SO much easier. Part therapist, part mediator, part coordinator, part magician, part inspiration, but more than anything AWESOME. This is someone who clearly loves what they do and the level of professionalism and attention to detail is so far ahead of what we've been accustom I will not only recommend her services but look to actively promote her/them any chance I get.

Luke · Married on 05/13/2017

Wendy was the best! Money well spent to have her on our team. She made our wedding day smooth and stress free! Would absolutely recommend!