46 Reviews for Key Destination Weddings & Events

Full Planning (6)
Civil (3)
Eco-Friendly (1)
46 Key Destination Weddings & Events Reviews

Carin and her team are best ever !! There are not enough words to describe how happy we are!! Everything was perfect and the team was a dream to work with!! We can't thank them enough for making all of our wedding wishes come to life!! They were involved every step of the way, and we could not imagine planning this magical day without this team! We would hire them over and over again!!

Profile Picture Jaime , 5/31/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

We had Wendy as our day of wedding planner and she was absolutely amazing! So helpful and made everything exactly how I pictured it!!! I was not initially going to have a day of planner, but it was worth it!!! I can’t imagine not having Wendy there that day! Thank you!!!

Profile Picture Nicole, 2/25/18, 9 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Day-Of Coord.

Carin and Wendy were absolutely fabulous! Originally I was skeptical when the venue suggested that I get a day of planner, I felt like I totally could handle all the little details myself. I don’t think I could have been more wrong, I leaned on them for so many things and they helped make our day perfect and stress free! I highly recommend them.

Profile Picture Danielle, 2/3/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Destination, Day-Of Coord.

Key destinations weddings was great to work with and significantly allow me to enjoy and relax for the weeks leading up to and weekend of our wedding! They were always there for me when I had questions & put my mind at ease when I was overwhelemd. When it came time for our big day, the team did more than I could have ever asked for. It was perfect! I was able to relax & enjoy the best day of my life. Having Carin and Wendy was a godsend! They kept me sane and was able to contact and coordinate all my various vendors and have everyone on the same page and have the day run incredibly smoothly, despite the curve ball Mother Nature (almost) threw that day. They were able to get all our details set up in our reception and ceremony space perfectly so that everyone could relax and visit during the day. I would say investing in a coordinator was one of the best decisions we made for the wedding and Key destinations wedding did an amazing job! My husband didn't quite understand why we needed a wedding planner, but now he is the first one to tell all of our friends that it was worth it!

Profile Picture Linda, 1/28/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner, Full Planning, Partial Planning, Civil

Carin and Wendy were truly the DREAM TEAM! We hired her for Day of Wedding planner services and they truly went ABOVE AND BEYOND for our wedding day. Carin the owner is the most organized person you will ever meet! I was a little nervous about hiring anyone because i am extremely controlling and it's very hard for me to let others take over; especially when it came to our DIY wedding. But she makes sure to know every single detail for your day, from the small details to what you want out of the day, the timeline, she handles the rehearsal the day before, handling vendor issues, keeping photographer within the timeline, and making sure the whole day runs smooth. She is super personable and all around the sweetest person ever! She took 100000 lbs off my shoulders and my stress basically disappeared when I met with her and went over all our details. She did more than I could ever imagine and even gave me some words of encouragement before walking down the aisle. I would truly recommend her and her team a million times our wedding day would've never been the same without her and Wendy!!!!

Profile Picture Alexandra , 11/25/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

We started out thinking we could plan our own destination wedding but an unexpected cross country move made that less likely. We decided to hire a planner/coordinator and ended up working with Wendy from Key Destination Wedding & Events. We couldn't be happier. Wendy was just as excited about our wedding as we were and carried that positive energy throughout the day of the big event.

No matter how many questions we had or changes we wanted to make, Wendy was happy to accommodate and did so quickly. We could tell she took who we were into every suggestions she made from picking the officiant to connecting us with an ideal photographer. And the best part (which was worth its weight in gold) was how Wendy made sure the whole day went smoothly, leaving us to focus on each other. Thanks to Wendy, we were able to enjoy the experience instead of working on our big day.

No regrets and wouldn't change a thing!

Profile Picture Travis, 11/4/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Carin, Wendy and Kim were absolutely amazing! I cannot say enough good things about them. We ran into obstacles during our planning process, ranging from the first venue canceling on us to Hurricane Irma and they were there for every step and had a game plan for everything. They are extremely professional and so incredibly sweet, they really made the planning less stressful and they were rockstars on the day of the wedding. We had a tight schedule to try to fit everything in and they kept everything running like a well oiled machine. I am so happy that we got to meet them and that they were a part of our day, I really don't know what we would have done without them. Thank you again, Wendy, Kim and Carin!!

Profile Picture Mandi, 10/28/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Destination, Ceremony, Reception

This review is long overdue but I am happy I am finally getting to write it! Carin, Wendy and the rest of the team were put to the test with our wedding as we hit crazy circumstances, but they made are day amazing and we can't thank them enough. After somehow making it through Hurricane Irma we thought our venue and wedding were in the clear until a tropical storm looked like it was coming through on the day of our wedding. Seeing the weather conditions get worse and worse by the hour, we had to find another venue the day before our wedding. Carin and Wendy gave us options within two hours and we had a new venue picked for our big day within four. It was crazy but they were so helpful and attentive and made us feel like we were their only priority. My husband and I don't know what we would have done without them and it really goes to show how much they care about their clients. They were so amazing to work with from start to finish and I would HIGHLY recommend anyone to work with them.

We love you Key Destination Wedding Team!

Lydia and Joe

Profile Picture Lydia, 10/28/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Day-Of Coord., Partial Planning, Destination, Ceremony, Reception

Carin & Key Destination Weddings have been phenomenal. My fiancee and I were been blown away with her ability to wear so many hats while still getting everything done and making our lives SO much easier. Part therapist, part mediator, part coordinator, part magician, part inspiration, but more than anything AWESOME. This is someone who clearly loves what they do and the level of professionalism and attention to detail is so far ahead of what we've been accustom I will not only recommend her services but look to actively promote her/them any chance I get.

Profile Picture David , 6/10/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Day-Of Coord., Partial Planning, Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner, Destination

Wendy was the best! Money well spent to have her on our team. She made our wedding day smooth and stress free! Would absolutely recommend!

Profile Picture Luke, 5/13/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

As the mother of the bride, having Carin and her team plan my daughter's wedding was one of the best decisions we made. The wedding in the keys was beautiful and my daughter and son in law could not have been happier. I recommend Key Destination Weddings & Events to anyone wanting to have the wedding of their dreams down in the Keys. Thanks Carin for making my daughter's wedding, her dream wedding. Sincerely, Sherry Olsen

Profile Picture Kelsey, 5/5/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

CARIN AND HER TEAM ARE THE BEST! We hired Carin about a year out from our big day and she helped us plan every step of the process and make our beachy wedding vision come to life (and go beyond expectations). At times I'm sure I drove her crazy (we had a lot of changes throughout the process) and Carin handled them all with an unsurpassed amount of thought, detail and care. Her and her team are amazing. On the actual wedding day she was amazing and was able to wrangle our rowdy crowd and made sure that the groom and myself didn't have to think about what/where we were supposed to be when and took care of it ALL. She even handled a few mishaps we had with our venue so we didn't have to and did it in such a way that had we had not asked, we would have never known it was going on. She even showed up to our post wedding brunch on Easter Sunday to make sure everyone was happy and everything was in order. If I lived closer I'd make her be my friend and organize my life because she's just that wonderful. Before I started planning my wedding I never thought I needed/wanted a wedding planner and now I have no idea how I would have planned my wedding without her. She's incredible!

Profile Picture Samantha, 4/15/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Destination, Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner, Full Planning

Brides, stop looking... you've found the best!!! Carin, thank you from the bottom of our hearts!!!!! We planned our Florida Keys' wedding from over 3,000 miles away from England and we couldn't have done any of it without Carin and her team. You weren't just our day of planner... you treated us like family. We hired Carin and team as our "day of" planner, which meant we had her assistance for the wedding day. She went above and beyond and helped us pull every minute detail together WEEKS ahead of the big event. (Which she did on her own accord!! She gave us her services even though she didn't have to!) Brides, if you're doubting you need a planner, trust me, you NEED HER! Carin took every stress and worry we had and calmed us every step of the way. Which wasn't easy when the bride and groom is 3,000 miles away.

We had welcome drinks the day before our big day off site and forgot our wedding itinerary's we wanted to pass out to all the guests... low and behold, here comes Carin with the welcome letters. She drove out off her way, off duty, just to deliver them to make our event even more special. We are still blown away. On the wedding day, she was first in the wedding suite to make sure we had everything needed and more without questions. I forgot a few things and she simply just made it happen. (Got balloons blown up for day of photo's, which we had just sprung on her at the last second.) Nothing was too much and having her calming influence just made the wedding! Reception literally couldn't have been done without her and her team. Everything was done with military precision that I didn't even have to think. My husband and I could just enjoy the moment and be present. Which is what every bride and groom simply want, to take in every memory. don't know how you do it Carin, you simply are magic. Brides, if you have Carin as your planner, count your lucky stars. I know we do!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Jennifer, 4/4/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Day-Of Coord., Partial Planning, Ceremony, Reception, Destination

Carin and her team at Key Destination Weddings were amazing! They worked around the clock to ensure that our wedding day went off without a glitch. Carin is meticulous and it really shows! Every tiny detail was important to her. She went above and beyond to ensure our wedding day was spectacular. And it was! Dreams do come true.

Profile Picture Jessica, 3/11/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

If you're planning a wedding in the Keys, Carin Hunt is the planner to use! She is incredibly professional, easy to work with and flexible. She does everything she can to make the wedding perfect. We hired her as a "day of" planner, but she helped us with recommendations from the start of our planning process. Even with a boot halfway up her leg, she made everything come together in an extraordinary way! I highly recommend.

Profile Picture Julie, 1/14/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

We hired Carin for day of coordinating. If I could do it again I'd hire her to plan the whole thing. She was amazing. If thier were any issues on the day of , it was handled with out me knowing. Everything was perfect.

Profile Picture Ashley, 1/14/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Carin and her assistant Ann helped make our special day run smoothly. Carin reviewed my list of vendors, etc., prior to my arrival and made sure I didn't miss anything. On the day of the ceremony, Ann was right there making sure we were on time and that everything ran smoothly.

Profile Picture Reena, 1/10/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner, Destination, Day-Of Coord.

Carin was amazing to work with! I used her as a day of coordinator and I am so thankful that I did. She took care of every detail and put my mind at ease. I never thought I would use a coordinator, but it was so much easier with her. She took care of cleanup and was organized and thoughtful. I'd recommend her to anyone!

Profile Picture User7411505, 1+ year ago, 8 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

We can't not say enough great things about Carin and her assistant. We were very nervous as we had booked our venue, and all of our vendors for our recent destination wedding, long before we ever visited the venue or met with anyone in person. We could not have been more pleased with Carin's guidance. She was quick to make suggestions when she knew we were indecisive on certain decisions, but was not overbearing. When we forgot a few items last minute she took care of them without hesitation. She made sure our entire weekend (welcome dinner/rehearsal, ceremony, and send-off brunch) went smoothly without a hitch, and we would absolutely recommend her without hesitation.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Michael, 10/29/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Day-Of Coord., Full Planning, Partial Planning, Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner, Destination

One of the best decisions we made for our wedding was hiring Carin as our day of coordinator! After planning the whole thing from California, it was such a relief to hand the reins over to her - she was patient, thorough, and truly went above and beyond to make sure our day was perfect. We made or brought in almost all of our own decor, and gave Carin creative license to set it up however she thought would be best. I was amazed when I saw the final result - I couldn't believe how beautifully it all came together! Even after the wedding, she continued to take care of little details like returning the cake stand to the baker, so we didn't have to worry about it. We were blown away by how fun, beautiful, and amazing our wedding was, and we owe so much of that to Carin!

Profile Picture Callie, 10/22/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Carin was such a great wedding planner. I couldn't have had such a wonderful wedding without her. I didn't have to stress about any of the details because I knew she would be able to make everything how I wanted it. I 100% recommend her if you need a wedding planner, she is amazing.

Profile Picture Amanda, 10/18/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Destination, Partial Planning

Carin and her assistant were amazing! I used Carin's services as are day of. Carin was much more than our day of. She answered all of my questions leading up to the big day. This was much help being a bride from out of town planning a destination wedding. I was a "do it myself" bride and Carin made all of my projects and decor come together and look absolutely beautiful. I forgot champagne for the champagne toast and a couple candles for the end of the aisle and Carin made sure I did not stress and both were taking care of. I would recommended everyone to use Carin. She is not only great to work with but an awesome person.

Profile Picture Allison, 7/30/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner, Day-Of Coord., Destination

I am beyond grateful and blessed to have Carin as our day of planner. I wish I would of had her through the entire planning process! Because of Carin and her assistant, our day was absolutely perfect! She is passionate about her brides and works hard to make your day extra special and stress free. I will definitely recommend Carin to anyone getting married in the Keys.

Profile Picture Kristi, 5/21/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Day-Of Coord., Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner, Destination

Carin did an amazing job for my son and his bride. She even helped me with rehearsal dinner arrangements as we are out of towers. She worked tiressly to put on a beautiful,smooth running and awesome ceremony, cocktail hour and reception at the key west Hemingway house. Not one thing was overlooked, missed or second rate. Worth every bit of the fee. Don't second guess, just book her. Nick Klimas

Profile Picture Nick, 4/2/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Full Planning, Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner, Destination