OBXMUA Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner

• Jennifer
    Jennifer L. Married on 05/11/2022

Perfection Able to Withstand Gale Force Wind & Waves

Kelly and Alicia are absolutely amazing! Not only did they delivery stunning hair and makeup, they fit in seamlessly with our group and made us feel super comfortable, allowing us to have a great time while we got ready. I had five VERY different bridesmaids that chose their own dresses, makeup and hair, which sounds chaotic, but Kelly and Alicia made us look cohesive. My bridesmaids and I agreed, my wedding was the only event any of us had been to with a professional hair and makeup team that no one edited or redid their hair and/or makeup after it was done which is completely unheard of! We all loved the way we looked and felt super confident because they took the time to consult with each of us to determine how we normally did our hair and makeup and elevated it. I felt absolutely stunning on my wedding day and love how I look in my photographs! I can also attest to the quality of the hair and makeup as my wedding day was 40-50 degrees and pouring down rain with 50 MPH winds. When the entire wedding had to be moved inside, my husband and I decided to go out into the turbulent ocean to take photographs and when I warned Kelly and Alicia of our plan, they were up for the challenge and made sure my look would weather the storm! My husband and I laid down on the sand and let multiple waves completely engulf us (go big or go home) and our clothes were a sandy wet mess. After changing into another outfit, we went right back to the party; I didn’t have to touch up my hair or makeup. When you look at the photos, you can’t tell which were taking before or after our ocean jaunt. I would highly recommend Lovies, especially their on location services, and will use them again when we renew our vows in the future on a beautiful, sunny day in the Outer Banks.
  • Sarah
    Sarah J. Married on 10/13/2021

Absolutely incredible!!

It’s hard to put into words how amazing Kelly is… I booked her (and Alicia) to do hair and makeup for my wedding in October. I also hired Kelly to do spray tanning a few days before my wedding as well. Unfortunately due to COVID I wasn’t able to have a trial beforehand so I was definitely nervous on the day of without having any idea of how it would go but I was completely blown away. My entire bridal party looked incredible and I have never felt so beautiful in my life… It’s hard to put into words how I felt because beautiful doesn’t truly describe it! I was sad to see them leave when they were finished and can only hope that I get to work with them again one day. Kelly and Alicia are beyond good… they are exceptional! If you’re not sure what to do for beauty services or hesitant about booking them, stop searching now because I promise you won’t be disappointed!
    Annie T. Married on 10/10/2021

Amazing!!!

Kelly did an amazing job for my wedding!!! Communication was always fast & professional. I was hesitant about hiring a makeup artist, as I usually don’t wear makeup everyday & the times I’ve gotten it professionally done it was just way too over the top…. But with Kelly, she was amazing, she really stays true to the natural beauty & enhances your best features. She really listened to what I wanted & made me feel so beautiful. She also did makeup for my mom & it was incredible! She made her look 20 years younger it was insane & mom was so happy!
    I 10000% reccomend hiring Kelly for any makeup services!!
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
    Hope C. Married on 09/19/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Kelly and Alicia are a boom duo team

Kelly and Alicia are an amazing duo team! Kelly helped schedule and coordinate everything. Both were very responsive and timely. Kelly will put together a timeline for you and your bridal team for the day of.

Kelly took my vision to create such a beautiful and natural look. She took her time to capture and highlight each one of our features. You can tell she not only loves her job but it brings her such joy to work with each of the clients.

Alicia was so personable, she made you feel like you had known her your whole life. She captured such a soft and romantic look for each of us.

These ladies are outstanding and need to charge more for their services. Must hire this duo for your wedding!
  • Nicole
    Nicole M. Married on 07/30/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Everyone was so impressed!

I really went back on forth on if I even wanted to do hair & makeup and I'm SO glad we did - Kelly was awesome and the results were perfect. She knew her stuff, was perfectly involved in the day, and had the best laid back vibe that matched what I wanted! Highly recommend!!
  • Rachael
    Rachael P. Married on 06/09/2021

Incredible!

Kelly and Alicia at Lovie's Salon are incredible! Alicia did hair on a total of 6 people (including myself) and Kelly did makeup just for me. They finished way ahead of schedule, too! I've never had airbrush makeup before and couldn't believe how light and long lasting it was. Kelly made me feel like the most beautiful version of myself! Both Kelly and Alicia made sure to take their time and explain what they were doing along the way. Alicia made little changes along the way to ensure I was 100% happy with my hair. My whole family (even those that weren't getting hair and makeup done) loved them. My only regret is that they can't do my hair and makeup everyday!! Thank you both for everything!
  • Brianna
    Brianna P. Married on 05/28/2021

Amazing Ladies!!!

The girls at Lovies Salon were AMAZING!!!! Alicia did hair on 8 gals including myself and Kelly did makeup on all of us as well. They finished way ahead of schedule and were very professional yet fun loving and relaxed. Alicia knew exactly what she was doing and exceeded expectations when I can in not knowing exactly what I wanted. While getting airbrush makeup done Kelly explained everything she was doing step by step. I could not have asked for a better salon to makeup look our best on my wedding day. I am so thankful for them and their amazing southern hospitality.
  • Alyssa
    Alyssa N. Married on 05/12/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

I never felt more beautiful

Kelly was wonderful to work with for my wedding. So nice to talk to and professional! My makeup for the wedding was stunning, the airbrush looked natural and just made me feel my best. I never wear fake eyelashes so that was fun and they looked fabulous. After my trial I ran into the ocean to test out the lashes in some waves they stayed on haha! I think Kelly uses good products. In fact the makeup lasted till the day after my wedding, bonus. I highly recommend to any obx bride. She made “getting ready” part of my wedding day stress free and fun. Thank you Kelly
  • Carleen
    Carleen D. Married on 04/23/2021

Meant to be!

I came across Kelly and Alicia (Lovie’s Salon) after a hair and makeup trial with another salon did not fulfill my bridal vision. Desperate to find someone that wasn’t already booked up for April weddings, I contacted Lovie’s and explained my situation in tears. Alicia called me within 5 minutes (no joke) upon receiving my message and assured me everything would be alright and she would do everything in her power to fit me in their schedule. I live locally, however most of our guests and family do not, so the few days leading up to the big day were a bit stressful with everyone coming into town. The morning of, as soon as I walked into the salon, it was such a peaceful calming atmosphere where I was able to relax and have the next couple hours to myself. Prior to my arrival, both Alicia and Kelly took the time to thoroughly go over with me what I envisioned my hair and makeup to look like, styles and colors I liked/didn’t like, etc. Take a look at the pictures and I hope you’ll agree that they absolutely hit it out of the park a million times over. I have never felt more beautiful in my life, and it was all thanks to them. Kelly compiled all the components I was looking for and gave me the most natural, lightweight but still full coverage, lashy makeup look which I previously thought was impossible to achieve. Then once again my expectations were surpassed when Alicia gave my pin-straight hair the most natural volume and beach curls that lasted all day, windy weather and all, complete with the gold hair vine I brought and she styled it to perfection. Two important notes I forgot to mention is that Kelly effortlessly worked with me when I had changed my mind about some eyeshadow and lip color, and Alicia truly catered to my hair type when I told her that it drops curls pretty quickly and using any sort of hair spray, even to set it, weighs it down and makes it lose its curl. Not an ounce of hairspray was used - I’m not trying to sound too dramatic here, but Alicia was the first stylist that actually listened to the quirks about my hair and took it seriously. When they were finished, they had some time before their next appointment and insisted there was no rush on me having to leave, so I got to hang out, relax, and hydrate for a little bit before heading back to the venue. This meant so much to me and it truly set the tone for the rest of the day. And, I received a little bag of extra supplies and products to touch up with. It was the best beginning to what turned out to be the most perfect day of my life and I don’t think they realize the impact it had on me. I mean, it truly just doesn’t get better than Lovie’s and I’m so lucky to have found them. Thank you both from the bottom of my heart for your kindness and expertise!
  • Kelly
    Kelly C. Married on 01/23/2021

Kelly is amazing!

I knew I wanted to work with Kelly and Lovies for my wedding day makeup. As soon as I got in touch with her she was the most responsive, easy to work with and accommodating person! She helped me schedule my hair and makeup, along with my mom and mother in law for my wedding at the salon. She scheduled a makeup trial for the day of my engagement photos, but because of Covid, photos and makeup had to be rescheduled. We weren't able to do makeup for the shoot, but she made sure she got me in for the wedding trial before the big day...she kept in touch and reached out to update me with Covid salon regulations as we got closer to the wedding day. While planning a wedding in this time of uncertainty, Kelly and Alicia were my constants! Aside from being amazing to work with, the job she does is incredible as well. All of our makeup held up through the day and night, even when it started to rain a bit on the beach! I would highly recommend working with Kelly!
    Carrie H. Married on 10/09/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

The best in the business

Kelly is amazing! Thinking about booking her for your big day or a big event? Do it. I hired Kelly for my wedding in Cincinnati, OH and it was one of the best decisions I made.

She brought her spray tan equipment and was able to give this bride the perfect glow a few days before the wedding!

Kelly did my makeup for the rehearsal dinner and the wedding day (highly recommend booking her for both because of all the photos). My skin was glowing and looked so natural while still covering some of my skin concerns (redness).

Kelly went above and beyond for me and my bridal party. I love a more “glam” look and I had a few bridesmaids that are much more “natural”. She was able to deliver unique and flawless looks for all!

I am over the moon with Kelly and I know you will be as well- book her! 😊
    Taylor R. Married on 10/09/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Amazing! Loved our makeup!

Amazing! We loved our how makeup turned out. She was so nice and even stuck around to do touch ups for everyone which doesn’t happen all the time. Highly recommend!
    Kelly S. Married on 10/02/2020

Most incredible wedding makeup

Kelly is absolutely incredible to work with. She did my wedding day makeup along with my bridesmaids and my mom. Everyone's makeup looked incredible, and stayed perfect for the entire night despite high wind on the beach. She is so sweet and helpful, very responsive to messages and questions, and so great at what she does. Kelly also did a pre-wedding spray tan for me, which looked great on the beach and was perfectly toned and even for the wedding day. The best makeup artist out there!
    Lindsay L. Married on 08/20/2020

Perfect Wedding Day!

After cancelling our May wedding for Covid, we replanned a small destination wedding in Duck, NC. We were able to easily book our makeup with Kelly and she was very responsive and helpful. We loved our morning at the salon sipping mimosas and getting ready. Kelly was so professional and made the whole morning perfect and relaxing. She listened to what we wanted done and delivered beyond our expectations. I highly recommend using Kelly!
  • Hannah
    Hannah Married on 07/17/2020

Amazing!!!

Was very professional and did a wonderful job!! Even going as far as giving me makeup recommendations for everyday life. Really appreciate her commitment to the client and knowledge of all things makeup. She made us all look amazing!
    Rachel J. Married on 06/26/2020

Amazing!!!

Kelly is amazing. She did my makeup for my wedding day, along with my wedding party and mother in law. We are all different ages with different skin tones and textures. Kelly was able to make us all look of most beautiful, without all of us looking the same!!! She was a pleasure to work with, and is TALENTED at what she does!!!!!
  • Kelsey
    Kelsey Married on 10/10/2019

Kelly - Lovie’s Salon

Kelly did my make-up for my engagement photos and wedding day. She is AMAZING, I highly recommend working with her for your wedding. Not only does she do amazing make-up, but she was so helpful through the planning process! She is super laid back and makes you feel super comfortable. I didn’t know exactly what I wanted for my wedding day make-up so I let her just do her thing and I loved it! SO happy I chose her as my make-up artist- I can’t say enough good things about her.

(She also does spray tans and sprayed my friend and I before my wedding and it looked great. I am super pale, but she gave me the perfect natural glow for my wedding day.)
  • Lacie
    Lacie M. Married on 10/05/2019

Amazing!!!

Kelly did my make up for my wedding in October and I could not have been more pleased!! I did a trial with her a few months before and she figured out the perfect look just for me and did even more amazing on my wedding day!! After seeing Kelly’s magic on my trial, she even convinced my mom to get her make up done for my wedding too. Kelly did such a great job on our make up, and for someone who doesn’t wear a lot to begin with, she made me look and feel so natural. Kelly’s response time was so quick and she was so helpful with my time line, and just such a great person in general. Highly recommend Kelly to anyone looking for make up services in the Outer Banks!!
  • Savannah
    Savannah J. Married on 09/28/2019

Made me feel gorgeous!

Kelly was everything and more! I’m so glad we decided to do a makeup trial, it gave me a clear picture of what I wanted to look like on my wedding. She also did the makeup for all my girls and moms (9 total) and even my grandma (she never does makeup and she LOVED it)! She was early and brought everything she needed, chair and everything. She helped create a timeline for makeup that helped a TON. I had a last minute change the day before and she made the changes easily and flawlessly. Not only did I feel amazing, but the makeup stayed the entire night through a ton of dancing and pictures. Choose Kelly, you won’t regret it!
  • Eliza
    Eliza Married on 09/14/2019

Kelly is Wonderful!

Kelly is absolutely amazing. It is a breeze to communicate with her; she is very friendly and gives clear instructions and information. Our makeup looked incredible. I loved the airbrush application and it made my skin look flawless! She even customized a makeup application for my mom, who wanted a very natural look.

She also did spray tan applications for me and my bridal party several days before the wedding. These looked and felt amazing! Plus she brought her equipment to our house, so we were able to make it a fun & relaxing bachelorette party night while we all got tanned. Great memories!

Most of all, Kelly is just the kindest person. She is super laid back and funny and just really great to work with. Honestly, the couple of hours we spent with her are some of my favorite wedding memories. She's simply the best!
  • Kirby
    Kirby G. Married on 06/22/2019

the BEST for hair and makeup in the Outer Banks

As soon as you get engaged, this is the first vendor you need to book! I say that because I was SO pleased with Kelly and Alicia. I felt like the best version of myself on my wedding day and I felt so confident! My makeup turned out amazing. Kelly is sure to highlight your best features while also hiding anything that makes you insecure. I had some breakouts on my wedding day and couldn't see them at all when she was done. My hair was amazing too! Alicia helped me make a decision for my hair that I was most comfortable with and I LOVED it. They are so friendly and truly care about not only providing the best services but also establishing relationships with their clients. You can't go wrong with Kelly and Alicia, they are awesome!
  • Francie
    Francie F. Married on 05/05/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Cannot day enough great things!!

Kelly was the BEST. So laid back and willing to make me feel totally comfortable and confident on my big day (not to mention making me look better than I ever have!). Would recommend her to anyone— so easy to work with, so knowledgeable, and so great at what she does!!
  • Lisa
    Lisa H. Married on 02/10/2019

Vow Renewal

When we decided to have a 10 year vow renewal, having my hair and makeup done was not part of the plan. At the last minute I had a change of heart. I wanted to look like a beautiful bride for my husband again, and Kelly did not disappoint! Our renewal was very small and low key, but she made feel and look fresh, beautiful, and glowing in a big way. Whether your event is small and intimate or like a gala, you will not regret booking with Kelly. I would reccomend her to any bride!!
    Paige M. Married on 11/03/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Kelly and Lovie's Salon are a must!

For any bride getting married on/around the outer banks, I would highly recommend Kelly as your makeup artist! I had my trial while I was down there on vacation (about 4 months before my wedding date), and I was so happy with the results, there was nothing to change on the day-of! She easily incorporated my style and went with a more natural look with lots of browns and neutrals. I was much tanner in the summer then in November, so Kelly adjusted the tone of my airbrush make-up and it worked perfectly! Overall, the most important thing was that I fully trusted Kelly, and I never felt stressed about how my makeup would turn out.

Not only is her work incredible, but Kelly is a wonderful person to work with. She shows professionalism, confidence, and has a cool and easygoing personality. I cannot recommend her enough! xo
  • Emily
    Emily Married on 10/20/2018

Love Lovie's

I can't say enough nice things about Kelly! Choosing Kelly to do my make up for my wedding was probably the easiest decision I had to make. I was so impressed with pictures of her work in previous reviews and I knew she was who I wanted to do my make up. She did not disappoint one bit. Her work is flawless and I have never felt more beautiful! She really understands how to bring out her clients best features and make them look stunning while still keeping things elegant and natural. You can also tell that she really cares and wants to hear what your vision of your best self looks like. On top of being an extremely talented make up artist she is so sweet and she has the best attitude. She was always so kind throughout the entire planning process and she made it SO easy. She was super accommodating and organized. It makes such a difference on your wedding day to have someone like Kelly there. There are so many things going on but you can relax knowing you're going to look flawless because you're in her hands. All of my bridesmaids were so impressed with their looks as well and were complimenting her long after she left. She also arranged for Alicia to do my hair last minute which I am SO appreciative of. Alicia is a wonderful person too. I don't know how she did it but she literally took my vision for my hair and made it a reality with such ease (while also filling my dogs water bowl 1,000 times). Both of them just made me feel so much better on my wedding day overall. The Lovie's ladies are truly beautiful people. I would recommend them a million times.
illustration stars