Keel & Curley Winery Reviews

3 Reviews for Keel & Curley Winery

Heidi · Married on 09/10/2011

3.5
      3.5

Keel and Curley is a beautiful place to have a wedding. The wine is sweet and the scenery is gorgeous. Because you can choose your own vendors (like caterers) you can end up saving a ton of money. The only peculiarities are the rules - like the one that forbids any outside drinks. Of course, you can negotiate that - I wasn't having my guests have to stand in line to get water at a sit-down dinner.

Christine really helped the day of the event and the place was organized and decorated just like we wanted.

Sent on 10/04/2011

Jessica · Married on 09/01/2018

2.8
      1.0

Prepare for the Stress

I have visited the winery several times in the past with friends as a night out & when I hear they held weddings I was so excited! However, there were definitely more bad experiences than good & although my wedding day went perfect - getting there was the most stressful, frustrating, and really unprofessional experience I've ever had to deal with. I had been tossed between nearly 5 different "planners & managers" all of which I had to constantly remind what the plans were & how things were going to be done. it's a good thing I kept every email ever sent or else I would have been screwed. I didn't get a response back about a rehearsal time until the week OF the wedding. Communication was the worst thing - there were times when payments were due & plans needed to be updates or made that I had to call every day, email every day, and even message them on Facebook just to get an answer. It was a beautiful wedding day & the girl that helped the day of was great, but up until then - it was not worth it. If the gratuity wasn't on the contract they wouldn't have gotten a dime from us. Price wise it was pretty decent, but we did not serve food at our wedding because of the cost. With everything that happened overall, I wouldn't recommend to anyone else unfortunately.

Sent on 12/31/2018

Lindsay · Married on 11/17/2018

2.2
      2.0

Disorganized, lacking professionalism at times, beautiful property

I recently had my wedding at keel & curley winery in Plant City, Florida on November 17th 2018. In the time period that my parents and I booked the venue two to three people that were supposed to be the wedding coordinators came and went. And then the person that took over Jacob was good at answering my parents numerous questions but when it came to the actual wedding itself he lacked professionalism. The property was very beautiful and our wedding turned out but there were a few things that my husband and I did not like about the venue.
    We did not like the fact that the band that was scheduled to play try to interrupt our wedding. After we were promised our time with the DJ. You could not bring other alcohol besides the venues. There was no rice or sparklers allowed on the property for when you were leaving the venue.
    You could not use the caterer of your choice. also there was no place for the bridal party to hide so the groom and groomsmen wouldn't see us. The bridal suite was literally the office.
    On a positive note, I will say the property was beautiful, and held 60 people comfortably.
    Also the staff at Two Henry's were nothing but nice. Genesis goes above and beyond as a bartender.
    I would not recommend this as a venue for bride until they get the wedding aspect more under control.

Sent on 12/01/2018