KC Felton Hair Design Reviews

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

116 KC Felton Hair Design Reviews
  • Z

Zoe · Married on 05/26/2018

KC is an incredibly talented stylist who did an amazing job with my wedding hair. I can't recommend her highly enough. A few highlights:

She's super talented: KC can turn flat, boring hair into a masterpiece. She gave me a hairstyle I didn't think my hair was capable of based solely on one picture I gave her. She also did an amazing job with my Mom and Mother-in-law--their hair looked amazing. Perhaps most impressively, everyone's hair looked good all night, through rain, humidity, and dancing. KC is truly a class act of hair stylists.

KC is flexible and accommodating: KC did a great job at my trial, but I wanted a few adjustments for the actual wedding. She did a perfect job making those few adjustments and my wedding hair was exactly what I wanted. The most impressive part is that, because I know very little about up dos, I know I wasn't communicating my expectations very clearly. KC still managed to understand exactly what I was saying and translate it into a beautiful hairstyle that was just what I was looking for.

She is just a lovely person. KC's cool and collected personality was an amazingly calming presence on my wedding day. I'm so grateful for her everything she did to make my wedding day wonderful!

• Lina

Lina · Married on 04/28/2018

I had very specific thoughts on how I wanted my hair for my wedding…I also have very finicky hair that does not seem to hold curl or any style for more than an hour without a miracle happening. So when I started searching for a hair stylist, I was super picky. After a failed trial with a different company I came across KC’s name through a makeup vendor. I looked her up and found she was one of the few hair stylists that has some pretty complex style up-dos in her portfolio.
    When I had her over for my trial I was super impressed with what she did with my hair! She listened to my concerns, looked at a couple examples from Pinterest, and then worked her magic. My hair turned out amazing and lasted throughout the day! KC was super patient with me and was open to the “accessories” I wanted to add to my hair style. The day of the wedding she was cheerful and made sure by hair was perfect and to my liking. My mother and bridal party all loved what she did with their hair was well! My hair lasted over 12 hours in my Chignon updo, and I received MANY compliments from our guests on how well my updo looked!

Kerry · Married on 08/26/2017

KC did an amazing job on my bridal hair style. There were a few changes that I wanted to make after the trial and KC was very receptive to making the adjustments happen - I absolutely loved how my hair turned out! She also did a great job on my mother in law and bridesmaids. KC is pleasure to work with and be around as well!

Kathryn · Married on 07/22/2017

KC did an awesome job for my wedding! She created unique braided styles for each of my bridesmaids and a loose updo for me that I loved. I tried two other hairstyles and couldn't figure out a style that worked for me, and KC nailed it on the first trial. She is a master at what she does and a relaxing presence during what can be a stressful day! Many thanks!

Darcy · Married on 06/24/2017

My MOH and I had the pleasure of working with KC! We both showed her pictures of our vision and she replicated them beautifully. I live in NY but was married and Alexandria and didn't have time to do a trial and she still styled the bridal hair of my dreams. Per the recommendation of my local stylist, I came with hair extensions which she incorporated into the style with ease. Our reception was outdoors in the good old VA humidity and it still looked great at the end of the night, even after some hardcore dancing. She was on time, professional, fun and a great value. I would recommend her to any of my girlfriends in the DC area!

Mindy · Married on 04/22/2017

Working with KC was wonderful—always professional, and so talented. She and her colleague Stephanie created the most beautiful up-dos that reflected each of my bridesmaid’s personality. After I requested a few modifications following a very helpful trial process, KC took them all into account and flawlessly executed the exact hairstyle I had hoped for on my wedding day. KC was always friendly and easy to work with, and made my wedding day stress-fee while creating such beautiful looks for all of us. I highly recommend KC for your wedding day.

Edna · Married on 10/22/2016

Working with K.C. for my wedding was a joy - I was very happy with my hair and my bridesmaids were impressed with her flexibility in incorporating their ideas into their hairstyles. I was also very happy with her flexibility to do the trial in my own home.

Amira · Married on 09/03/2016

KC was a dream come true for my wedding hair! She was quick to respond and so easy to work with. My bridesmaids and I all have such different hair lengths, textures and styles and KC made sure we looked nothing short of perfection for my outdoor summer wedding.

Kelly · Married on 08/06/2016

KC was great! She comes to your house for the trial which was nice. All my bridesmaids brought pictures of what they wanted their hair to look like, and it turned out exactly how they wanted it. I did two different trials with my own hair until we found what I really loved, but she was flexible and helpful in figuring out what I wanted. I was very impressed by her. She was also TIMELY, she arrived at 8:00 am at the hotel for our hair which technically would've started at 8:30 am. Highly recommend!

Valeria · Married on 04/02/2016

KC was a pleasure to work with. She is an amazing hair stylist. She was very attentive to how I wanted my hair done and made it look even better than I expected. My hair looked gorgeous and I have received lots of compliments. KC was also very professional, punctual and positive. I will recommend her to anyone. KC, thank you for making me look so pretty on such a special day!

Abbey · Married on 03/26/2016

KC was absolutely wonderful! She was easy to work with during the trial and the day-of she was absolutely perfect! She took all of our ideas from the trial and executed perfectly! She is sweet, easy-going and talented! I highly recommend!

KC was a pleasure to work with! She was very flexible, great with communication, and fun. She made me feel very relaxed on my big day!

Carolyn · Married on 10/17/2015

I was most nervous about my hair on my wedding day. It sounds silly, but it's true! You see, I have crazy, frizzy hair that does whatever it wants, when it wants. I had two hair trials and easily picked KC because I could tell she knew what she was doing, and had a lot of experience. The style that I requested during the trial turned out not to be what I wanted (it happens!). But I talked to KC in the weeks between the trial and the wedding, and we worked out what we would do. Then right on the wedding day, I changed my mind again! KC didn't even blink, and she didn't get annoyed. She immediately set to work on what would turn out to be my DREAM wedding hair style -- like she read my mind, only better. KC can adapt to whatever you need, when you need it, and she has great taste. When KC was done and I looked in the mirror for the first time, I heaved a great sigh of relief -- it was perfect. Thank you KC!

• Joshua

Joshua · Married on 10/02/2015

KC provided hair services for my 10.2 wedding (this is the bride!) She provided both trial and day of services. I loved my bridal hair. I provided her a bunch of ideas and adjectives (think whimsical, elegant, romantic) and she made the vision come to life. She was prompt and efficient on my wedding day and all of my bridesmaids loved their hair! I also felt that KC provided a great value for what we received.

Jessica · Married on 09/27/2015

KC made my hair dreams come true! I did a trial with her and we hit it off right away. She is very calm and so so talented with hair. The day of the wedding she arrived early, was very flexible, and made me feel beautiful. Thank you KC!

Jenny · Married on 11/15/2014

Working with KC was a true pleasure. She was always responsive to my many emails, and made things super-easy by traveling to my apartment for my hair trial. At my hair trial, I showed her a few photos, we talked about what sort of look I wanted, and she whipped up a style that I liked so much that we didn't even have to try anything else. She re-created the look beautifully on the wedding day, and many guests complimented me (and my bridesmaids) on my hair and the bridesmaids' hair. KC was so friendly and fit right in with our morning-of-wedding chatter and chaos.

Donna · Married on 10/25/2014

KC provided the hairstyles for my daughter's October 25th wedding. She did a wonderful job on my daughter and the attendants, & everyone was so pleased. She was very responsive when we "tweaked" the style she had done at the hair trial, and my daughter's loose side bun was so beautiful and perfect for her classic vintage lace dress. She knew what to do with the attendants even when we really hadn't planned on a style for them. She was great to work with and we felt very comfortable with her.

KC was a dream to work with - a great listener, very creative, and a very calm demeanor. With both my wedding hair trial and during the day of, I could not have been happier with the results of her work.

Vanessa · Married on 08/11/2014

KC is awesome. I had five brides maids. She did differerent hairstyles for all of us. I had short 20's finger curls, one bridesmaid had an up do, three had long curls, and another had braids. She also fixed a cute crown of braids for my flower girl. She has a very wide range of talent. She can really do anything. In addition to her talent, she is extremely professional, friendly, fun, and overall a very cool person to spend your wedding day with!

Katelyn · Married on 08/09/2014

K.C. was amazing! She came to my house, not once, but three times to try different hairstyles for my wedding. She was incredibly laid back and put me at ease that everything would go well. Turns out she was right! My wedding hair was one of my favorite things about the day, and the pictures came out beautiful. I only wish my hair could look like that every day!

Jackie · Married on 05/25/2014

KC is an amazing hair stylist and super sweet and friendly too! I have had the pleasure of working with her on more then one event! I highly recommend her! She made me look amazing on my wedding day!

Jessica · Married on 03/22/2014

KC did such a beautiful job for my wedding! My look turned out even more perfect than I had envisioned, and all of my bridesmaids also looked amazing! She was a dream to work with, easy going and very versatile with different styles. I highly recommend her for your wedding hair needs!

K.C. was so amazing! She created the most beautiful hair styles for our wedding party. We received lots of compliments on their hair and would highly recommend to anyone. The bride & bridesmaids all loved their up do's.
    She is totally awesome!!
    Susan R.

Erin · Married on 12/07/2013

KC and her assistant did an amazing job on my bridesmaid's updo's. I grew up with my mom as a hair stylist and initially I was a little worried about never meeting the person who would do the hair for my wedding. KC was very friendly via email and all her reviews were positive so I decided to move forward with her and I couldn't be happier. All my girls were very satisfied with their hair and she was a pleasure to have in the bridal suite the day of the wedding.

Working with KC was such a treat, her work so wonderful and she helped our whole group look and feel their best on the big day! I really enjoyed working with KC during the months leading up to the wedding, she was responsive and helped with suggestions for how to style everyone's hair and complete the look.

She even helped me map out the "getting ready" schedule which was great since coordinating everyone's hair & make up can be a bit hectic. The morning was stress free and it was fun spending time with KC, all the bridesmaids and family members commented on how fun it was to work with her!

Thanks so much KC!!