KB Events Reviews

KB Events 7
  • Keith

Keith Munyan Photography · Getting married on 01/04/2021

Excellent eye to detail

Let me just start by saying Katie and Adam are amazing! They thought of everything... their attention to detail is IMPECCABLE. Every thing was spot on and more than I could have ever imagined. She worked with all of the vendors to create a perfect venue. I can’t thank them enough! Highly recommend!!!

Sent on 04/30/2019
    KB Events 19
    KB Events 20
    KB Events 21

KB Events's reply:

Thank you Keith, we appreciate your kind words and LOVE your photos! Looking forward to creating more fantastic events in the future!!
  • Emily

Emily Jane · Married on 07/20/2019

Made cross-country planning a breeze!

I found KB Events on Instagram and set up a call with Katie and Adam shortly after getting engaged. I was anxious about planning a wedding from across the country but they completely put my mind at ease. The KB Events team is well-connected to everyone in the business in Santa Barbara and gave me fantastic vendor recommendations. They were extremely responsive and reliable and made sure I was in the loop at all times. I loved that they were willing to execute whatever my vision was within my budget while also giving their honest recommendations. Our wedding went off without a hitch and it wouldn't have been possible without the entire KB Events team, who kept things running smoothly from rehearsal day to the end of my reception. I also had my ceremony and reception in two different locations and having multiple people on hand to ensure things were going smoothly in both locations was great. I highly recommend booking them for one of their longer-term planning options.

Sent on 07/26/2019

KB Events's reply:

Thank you Emily! There were so many special moments throughout your wedding and we're glad we had the pleasure of getting to know you and Rich as we walked through the details to make the day happen!!

Lisa Williams · Married on 11/17/2018

Continue to amaze me

I attended an event with Katie and Adam this last year and, wow, they continue to amaze me. I hired them for my own wedding 8 years ago and they have only improved (which I didn’t think was possible). Katie does not miss any detail and Adam is a workhorse. You can tell they both continue to love what they do, search for ways to improve their clients experience, and enjoy working with people to make the event unique and go off without a hitch. I would highly recommend KB Events for anyone not wanting to worry about a thing on their special day.

Sent on 02/25/2019

Andréa · Married on 09/01/2018

TL;DR If you’re planning a wedding in Santa Barbara, teaming up with KB Events is THE BEST DECISION YOU’LL MAKE.

There are not enough words of praise for Katie and Adam. They were absolutely vital in helping us have an amazing wedding. From the moment we decided to work with Katie and Adam we knew we had made the right choice. They are extremely organized, pay attention to details, and are super helpful with their suggestions and ideas. They were incredibly responsive to our emails and asks, made lots of time for calls and check ins over the course of the planning process, and handled much of the back and forth with vendors and logistics for the big day.

We planned our wedding in Santa Barbara, a 5-hour drive from our home. This made it difficult for us to do a lot of the in-person meetings and planning, but Katie and Adam made it easy. When we needed to show up in person at SB city hall to get parking permits, they were there. When we needed last minute additions to our décor rentals, they were there. When coordinating multiple venues and transportation for our 230 guests, they were there. Our wedding went off without a hitch, and a huge part of that is thanks to them.

We had an emergency the week leading up to our wedding, when our uHaul was broken into and all of our alcohol and much of our signage and décor was stolen. We immediately reached out to Katie and Adam, and they jumped into action to help us rebuild. Within an hour of discovering the crisis, Katie had contacted our rental vendor to replace lost items (at no extra cost), they’d repurchased candles and votives for expedited delivery on Amazon, and Adam was at BevMo negotiating to replace our lost alcohol at the best possible price. 12 hours after hitting rock bottom in discovering the break in, we were feeling great again. Despite having very limited time to rebuild, Katie and Adam used their superhuman planning skills to get us back in action, and the wedding went off without a hitch!

Sent on 09/22/2018

KB Events's reply:

It was absolutely our pleasure to work with you on your magnificent wedding! We enjoyed getting to know you both through the planning process and were relieved we could pitch in to make a heartbreaking situation a little brighter. You two (and your families and friends) were a joy and we look forward to getting together the next time you are visiting Santa Barbara to just hang out!

Jillian · Married on 08/10/2018

I have been trying to think of the words to describe Katie and Adam.....I don't think anything I write can do them justice. They are truly wonderful people and enjoy what they do. I know for sure that I could NOT have done this without their help. Katie and Adam went way above and beyond their list of duties. They were always there when my mom and I needed a little extra reassurance and support. They were always available via email and took the time to meet with us in person. Also, my mom and I are both Type A personalities and I have never seen organization skills quite like Katie's. Everything she created was very straightforward and easy to read. We also had some difficult vendors and Katie and Adam took total control of the situation and made sure everything was ready and in order. Our wedding venue was a state park, so there were many rules, regulations, and we had to bring in everything for 250 people. The only way we pulled this off was because of Katie and Adam! They made sure to read all the regulations and made sure everything was set and nothing was in violation of those rules. On the actual day, Katie was great at getting everyone where they needed to be and made sure my husband and I had a drink/ice cream. One of my favorite memories was when my husband and I got to sit on a rock in front of the ocean and just spend some alone time together. Katie made sure we got that moment and made sure we had everything we needed. Adam was the man behind the curtain! He was making sure everything was where it needed to be and that vendors knew exactly what they were doing. From someone who wanted to elope, I can now say that this was the absolute best day of my life and I wouldn't have changed it for anything! Katie and Adam were the most crucial piece to making this happen. They are both worth their weight in gold!

Sent on 08/06/2018

Lauren · Married on 08/04/2018

We wouldn’t have had the wedding of our dreams without Katie and Adam, KB Events.

Katie and Adam were there from the beginning. We had a general idea and vision of what we wanted our wedding celebration to be, and Katie really talked us through and planned the logistics of the day. She also reminded me of things I didn’t even think about.

She handled the entire diagram of our ceremony and reception layout, which was imperative for the delivery and setup of tables, dance floor, etc. and our lighting installation. She was always there with an idea or a solution anytime throughout these planning stages, either by phone or in person.

We thought that we couldn’t have even planned this much without their help, but were even more thankful the weekend of. The day before they met us for a walk through and rehearsal with all the wedding party.

And day of were putting out fires as soon as they arrived and executed the entire day. To give a few examples: making sure the missing tables from the morning delivery arrived, set up all the table top and ceremony seating, ushered guests and took care of assigned seating, timing of processional and music, making sure we were following the timeline and made adjustments as needed (pictures, speeches, dances, cake cutting), was the point of contact for all vendors when it came to anything they needed throughout the night and final payments. And of course, were the last ones to leave when the night was over and made sure everything was cleaned up.

All day we felt at ease, knowing that Katie and Adam would handle everything and anything that came up or that we needed, with such a calm energy. This wedding would have been the most chaotic and stressful day of our lives without Katie and Adam, and we are eternally grateful they were part of our special day.

Thank you KB Events!

Sent on 10/06/2018

KB Events's reply:

It was a joy to work with you to plan your wedding and participate in such a special and important day! You two are clearly surrounded by family and friends that love you dearly and that showed in each aspect of your wedding. Thank you for including us!

Brittney · Married on 07/20/2018

Hiring Katie and Adam for our wedding was one of the best decisions we made when we were planning our wedding. It was a blessing to be able to spend precious time with friends and family that had flown into Santa Barbara before our ceremony knowing that Katie and Adam were making sure that every detail was in place. Katie even helped with a significant last-minute fix. We found out two weeks before our wedding that the location we were supposed to have our rehearsal dinner and welcome reception had closed. Katie found us a new site within hours. Katie and Adam also discretely guided us through the reception to make sure everything went off without a hitch. Our pastor who has done numerous weddings said he would be adopting Katie and Adam’s template for any wedding he performs in the future. Katie and Adam’s passion for weddings combined with their organization and attention to detail make them worth more than money can buy. We would highly recommend them to any couple planning their wedding. Katie and Adam made our wedding day the perfect day and had many people saying it was the best wedding they had attended.

Sent on 07/31/2018

Liz · Married on 06/09/2018

Katie and Adam helped coordinate the best wedding I could have ever imagined! They were extremely organized and communicative leading up to my wedding day. They were responsive - answering all my questions quickly and providing suggestions based on their past experience. I felt so relaxed the entire day of my wedding, confident that Katie and Adam had all of the bases covered. They went above and beyond, even helping to wrangle my dog (who was part of the wedding) and make sure he was accounted for and happy the entire night. I would highly recommend this amazing husband and wife team to any bride!

Sent on 07/14/2018

Tricia · Married on 05/19/2018

As the mother of the bride I was very particular about hiring the right person or persons for my daughters wedding day. I interviewed several people, and the moment I met Katie I knew my search was over. Katie made me feel completely at ease, she was very professional and polished and had a calmness about her that I felt everything would be handled with complete care and patience. Shortly after I hired Katie she informed me that her husband Adam would be working right along side her as a team and they worked perfectly together. Katie and Adam delivered and then some, it was an absolute joy to have them share this journey with my daughter, her now husband and myself. What seemed like an overwhelming task at times, Katie and Adam were there to help ease that burden and calm our nerves at every turn. I cannot say enough wonderful words about them. They truly were a Godsend, the wedding day was unbelievably Magical, it went off without a hitch and we owe it all to them. If you want Calm, cool, collective and smiling faces then hire Katie and Adam! #theyarethebest!

Sent on 06/20/2018

KB Events's reply:

It was wonderful working with you Tricia! We were honored to be a part of their (and your) special day - it was truly magical!
  • I

Ian · Married on 02/10/2018

My fiancee and I retained KB Events as our day-of coordinator and had an unbelievable positive experience. Leading up to the day Katie was responsive, extremely knowledgeable, helpful, and professional. We left our first meeting with her with a sigh of relief because we knew the wedding was in great hands! We had to move our wedding about 3 weeks before the date because of the mudslides in Montecito. Katie went the extra mile to make sure the wedding was perfect - even spending the weekend in LA when our wedding was eventually relocated there. On the day of the wedding, Katie and Adam made everything run smoothly. Our guests commented on how "seamless" our wedding was, and that is a testament to Katie's organization and awareness. If you are planning wedding I couldn't recommend Katie more strongly - she will make your day stress free and wonderful.

Sent on 02/20/2018

Carla · Married on 12/31/2017

Katie and Adam were fabulous! Our daughter's NewYear's Eve wedding had to be moved to a new venue 10 days before the event due to the Thomas Fire in Santa Barbara. Katie swung into action not only found us a great new location but managed the move seamlessly under very stressful conditions. Anyone planning a wedding in Santa Barbara would be lucky to have them on their team.

Sent on 01/23/2018

Geoffrey & Leslie · Married on 11/19/2017

Let's get this out of the way right away: couldn't have done it without Katie and Adam. In case you didn't know, weddings can be stressful. Katie and Adam made ours a breeze and allowed us to enjoy the wedding. Their poise, attention to detail, and ease to work with made everything a pleasure. And they didn't make it about "them". They were stealthy as they stayed one step ahead the whole event. In the final weeks before the wedding, they were very responsive and flexible as changes occurred. They're experienced and kind. A lot of bang for the buck. Do yourself a favor and utilize all they have to offer.

Sent on 12/31/2017

Anastasia · Married on 10/28/2017

1We hired Katie about 4 months leading up to the wedding and we still needed all but ceremony, reception venue and caterer and cake. Right away she connected us with the vendors all within our very tight budget. We found most of our vendors by referral and Katie’s connections within the industry were extremely helpful. She had a great working relationship with all of our service providers and had worked with many in the past. She was very open to working with the vendors we found on our own as well. Once we signed contract with each vendor, all we had to do is send an email introducing them to Katie and she was in charge from there. She coordinated all the vendors according to the timeline she developed with us.
    During the day of the wedding Katie made sure we didn’t have to worry about anything. We had separate venues for reception and ceremony and Katie and Adam ensured it was all decorated the way we discussed with them. Both venues looked one thousand times better than we imagined. Katie and Adam even helped us deliver some of the last minute items to the venue and seamlessly transported some of the decorations from the ceremony to the reception venue while we were taking pictures. Katie and Adam stopped by to pick up and distribute the final payments for everyone on the day of the wedding. Katie and Adam were on time, very professional and very flexible when unplanned items came up.
    During our wedding Katie seamlessly guided us in accordance with our timeline, yet flexible so we can enjoy the night.
    They stayed with us to the end of our event, picked up all the decorations and gifts from the venue and neatly placed it in our car – this was so great! At the end of the night we just got in the car and drove away.
    We recommend Katie to anyone who is looking for a wedding planner. She is wonderful to work with, she listened to us and understood how we wanted the day to go. We had an amazing day and we are grateful to Katie and Adam for all of their help.

Sent on 11/18/2017

Christian · Married on 10/20/2017

You will not find a team that delivers more personalized and caring attention that Katie and Adam. They are warm, professional, incredibly creative and well organized. They easily guided us through the process and took the stress away from the pre-planning months. They executed our vision and added small touches that made our wedding day absolutely perfect. We highly recommend working with them for your wedding or any special event!

Sent on 01/01/2018

Jamie · Married on 10/07/2017

Katie and Adam were such an instrumental part of the best day of our lives. They are so great at what they do and we couldn't have asked for a better team to make it happen. From the first meeting, we have been impressed by their professionalism, poise, and knowledge throughout the whole process. Most notably, they came through in so many small ways (reserving a staffing service when we overlooked some details/ coordinating ice when I didn’t even think about it/ taking the blame in an awkward situation to cover my butt in front of our families, etc.) We were allowed to enjoy ourselves, family, and friends without sweating the small or large stuff. We couldn’t recommend anyone better!

Sent on 12/31/2017

Bowen · Married on 09/10/2017

KB Events helped us plan our corporate event that included beverages and sit down dining for over 80+ guest - they also were on childcare detail which involved planning children's activities and coordinating supervision for over 50 kids. We relied on their thoughtfulness, attention to details, event planning expertise and experience to help us facilitate an amazing event.

Sent on 09/19/2017

Adena · Married on 07/07/2017

Five stars across the board!

You know your event is successful when you can't think of A SINGLE THING that went wrong on your wedding day. Katie ensured our wedding day was not only memorable, personalized, and beautiful, but ensured every detail was discussed beforehand and that the timeline flowed smoothly. No surprises, no snags, no (sad) tears, no worries.

Katie was my last-minute detail organizer, my savior from needy guests, and my reminder to eat, among many, many other things. She was helpful throughout the planning process, not just on the day. Her organizational skills are unparalleled. I can't thank her (and her crew) enough for ensuring my day went off without a hitch. Thank you, KB Events!

Sent on 08/02/2017

Jennifer · Married on 11/26/2016

Katie Schuette worked intently with us, especially on the wedding day from morning until late at night. She and her husband work as a team. We had 150 people, sit down dinner, live band, and photo booth. A lot going on to make it a magical evening. "Perfect" and "Elegant" were among the responses from guests.

Sent on 12/19/2016

Jereme · Married on 08/13/2016

Katie was amazing she went above and beyond to make this day a smooth success high regarded and recommended!
    J&N Feather

Sent on 08/16/2016

Pavan · Married on 07/30/2016

Katie is incredible. She was absolutely wonderful to work with. Our wedding was a destination wedding in Santa Barbara and she really really helped us with every bit of the planning. I cant recommend her enough, she was the best to work with. Highly highly recommend. She was firm when she needed to be, punctual with everything that needed to be carried on, personable, and yet, extremely organized. She made sure all of our vendors had a timeline that she comes up with towards the wedding so everyone has no reason to not be on the same page. Katie was available throughout the process and was able to email/talk with us if anything was questionable or needed clarification. Our guests were very complimentary on how nicely everything flowed and we got so many compliments thanks to Katie. She made our wedding really special. From the bottom of our hearts, Thank You Katie!!!

Sent on 10/24/2016

Laurel · Married on 05/14/2016

We first met Katie at the Santa Barbara Bridal Expo while looking for various vendors for our wedding this past May (5/14/16) at Circle Bar B, a venue just north of Santa Barbara. Katie was immediately approachable and her follow-up after The Expo was what really hooked me. She remembered details and recalled the context of my jumbled wedding day vision. Once I booked Katie as our wedding coordinator, I felt confident looping her in on emails to vendors, and asking her random planning questions. Katie was always very responsive and she is extremely organized. Her checklist and play-by-play agenda were extremely helpful, and she even showed up to help run our rehearsal the day before our wedding. She was relaxed and focused when I revealed to her that I had made some major changes to the location of our ceremony and location of the dance floor - - the day before the wedding.

Katie was calm and collected while attempting to call attention and order to a wedding party consisting of 16 people! She orchestrated our wedding day agenda beautifully, and the result was a complete DREAM wedding!

Having Katie be part of our wedding day was a very smart decision because it took all of the pressure off of me, my groom and any family members that could have ended up dealing with day-of questions about logistics. Katie and her team were stellar, and I would absolutely reco

Sent on 07/13/2016

Andrea · Married on 04/16/2016

My husband and I loved every moment of our wedding. We can attribute it all to Katie, who coordinated our April wedding in Santa Barbara. The quality of Katie's work is worth more than what we paid for her services. She is highly dedicated, professional, and has great attention to detail (as evidenced by a very thorough timeline). She also became someone I could rely on to ask any and all wedding related questions/advice. Importantly, she is such a genuine person who loves what she does, making working with her so delightful. Based on her work ethic, I completely trusted her and felt so relaxed days before the wedding; I knew I didn't have to worry about anything. On the day of our wedding, many of our guests commented on how beautiful and magical our wedding was while simultaneously looking effortless. She is absolutely amazing and plan to recommend her to anyone I know planning a wedding.

Sent on 05/16/2016

Jon · Married on 10/10/2015

Katie is simply the best! I had the pleasure of working with Katie at a wedding on Oct 10th, 2015 in San Gabriel, which she coordinated. I was amazed by dedication and work ethic to ensure this wedding went as smoothly as possible. She even drive 100 miles south from Santa Barbara to San Gabriel to meet me and to work on the wedding timeline together!

Thanks to Katie, I (DJ) didn't have to worry about anything at all. She responded to my questions quickly and her wedding timeline was very detailed and thorough. Katie is very professional, creative, personable and incredibly genuine. She truly cares about her clients, vendors, and gives everyone 100%. I'm not surprised her business is growing so quickly...book her while you can!

Sent on 10/15/2015

Katie's services is a MUST. I cannot rave enough to tell you readers and to-be-wed ladies and gentlemen out there how much she is worth every bit of your budget. My husband and I had a traditional chinese/american wedding so that meant craziness in every direction; so much that there is barely such a thing of assigned seating or direction. Katie was able to handle all the new culture and traditional activities that came her way. She was firm when she needed to be, punctual with everything that needed to be carried on, personable, and yet, be organized with the whole enchilada. She made sure all of our vendors had a timeline that she comes up with towards the wedding so everyone has no reason to not be on the same page. Katie was able to always make time with her busy schedule to email/talk/or meet with us if anything was questionable or needed clarification. Our guests were so mesmerized about how nicely everything flowed that we still get comments about the whole day every time our wedding comes up in a conversation thanks to Katie. She made our wedding once in a lifetime :) From the bottom of our hearts, Thank You Katie <3

Sent on 10/27/2015
  • Rebecca

Rebecca · Married on 01/21/2012

I am a very detail oriented person and I love to host events, have been for most of my life. Katie's abilities far surpassed my own and she asked me important questions I had not even considered, a complete life saver. I don't know what I would have done without her help planning; with all of her experience she was invaluable. She is so creative and able to really make your ideas become reality.

On the day of our large wedding she was magical. There's no way as the bride I could have been everywhere to check every detail or fix any last minute snafus and with Katie I didn't need to be because she was there making sure everything was perfect already. I was able to relax and enjoy my time with family and friends knowing the details were in competent hands. Katie is also a pleasure to work with, so calm and professional. I plan to use her for future events as well. I cannot recommend her services enough. She is the safety net every bride/host needs to ensure everyone has a great time and that you don't lose your mind.

Sent on 12/29/2017