Karma Goddess Event Planning & Design Reviews

56 Reviews for Karma Goddess Event Planning & Design

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

• Rea

Rea · Married on 01/20/2019

Truly brought zen to our wedding

When we began our search for a planner, we interviewed 5 different ones in the south Florida area. They were all great, but we chose Vanessa because we knew if sh*t hit the fan at our outdoor wedding, we trusted that she would be able to manage whatever it was. And Vanessa truly stepped up to the plate.

Leading up to the wedding, we had a few conversations (we got the 30 day package). All super informative and helpful. She has some wonderful recommendations - we hired our lighting and DJ and tents through her. She even helped us find a babysitting for some friends the weekend of the wedding and ordered our ice cream for us!

A few days before the wedding, Vanessa came to our house and picked up the MANY boxes of things for our wedding (we did a lot of DIY). The entire week leading up to the big day, the weather forecasted thunderstorms. We came up with a contingency plan together and she helped facilitate the plan with the tent vendor and the venue. When the big day arrived, it was pouring the morning. Fortunately the rain started letting up around 12pm. While we thought that we weren't going to get our dream outdoor wedding, Vanessa made sure that we did. She found a less muddy place for the ceremony, she brought rain boots for me to wear during the first look, she managed all the vendor set up the entire day. When she came to me around 1pm to tell me that our dream to have an outdoor wedding was going to come true, I literally cried!

Throughout the entire event Vanessa and her rock-star team made sure that everything was taken care of. Small things like making sure we had food / water, to bigger things like moving our uplighting around during the party. We're so happy we chose Karma Goddess and we highly recommend them for you future wedding!

Sent on 01/26/2019

Lynn Maddox · Married on 11/23/2018

My Daughters Wedding

Karma Goddess was hired to for Wedding Planning for my daughters recent wedding at The Colony Hotel in Palm Beach, FL. Vanessa and her team were AMAZING! She covered every detail and was able to help us stay anxiety free all through the planning process and through the wedding day! We had full confidence in Vanessa and her team!

Sent on 11/28/2018

Karma Goddess Event Planning & Design's reply:

Thanks for the love Lynn - we absolutely LOVED being a part of the day. It was such a beautiful day. Cannot wait to see the pictures!!
  • Crystal

Crystal Bacchus · Married on 11/11/2018

Wonderful experience!

Vanessa was recommended to me thru our vendor and the minute I met her I didn't need to look any further! My wedding was nothing short of amazing. Vanessa and her team made sure to keep us on time, covered everything we wanted (and more!), and they were so much fun to have around me on that day! She was detailed, creative, amazing, responsive and wonderful to work with! Thank you Vanessa for treating my wedding like it was yours!

Sent on 11/30/2018
  • Hanna

Hanna · Married on 11/03/2018

Made our day run so smoothly.

Vanessa was literally a calming presences the weekend of our wedding. She was always so cool and collected and made sure any worry I had was acknowledged and taken care of. The day was very emotional for me and she knew just what to say to make me laugh and stop the tears prior to the ceremony. The day went so perfectly and I couldn’t thank Vanessa enough for making it all happen. She is truly amazing at what she does.

Sent on 11/06/2018

Karma Goddess Event Planning & Design's reply:

Oh My Goodness Hanna, thank you so much for the kind words. It was truly an honor to be a part of your day & to see the closeness of your family. I am happy we/I was able to provide you the "Zen" for you and Mike to have the "Best Day Ever"

MaryAnna · Married on 06/23/2018

There are no words to describe the wonderful job that Vanessa did planning my daughters wedding., She was amazing. There was no detail that was left undone, and she captured my daughter ad her fiancé's vison to the T. If you are planning a wedding use this company and Vanessa!!!

Sent on 06/27/2018

Nadia · Married on 03/22/2018

Vanessa and her team from Karma Goddess Event Planning are amazing!! We hired Vanessa as our day-of coordinator. Funnily enough it was the expense that I was most debating about spending, and it that turned out to be the expense that was the most worthwhile. We got married at Vizcaya and truly I couldn't have done it without Vanessa and her team! They were the ones who really made everything come together smoothly. Without them things would not have gone that beautifully. The evening turned out to be better than I could have ever imagined, and a lot of that has to do with Karma Goddess. Vanessa is an incredibly sweet person. Working with her was a true pleasure!
    I would 100% recommend Karma Goddess Event Planning. If you are on the fence about hiring a coordinator I recommend going for it, you will not regret it!! Thank you Karma Goddess for making our special day the most wonderful day ever!!!

Sent on 03/28/2018

Bethany · Married on 10/21/2017

The girls at karma goddess are amazing! If you are thinking twice about hiring a coordinator look no further. The level of professionalism and knowledge was superior. Always on prompt and keeping everyone relaxed. I highly recommend them for your big day!

Sent on 11/03/2017

Karma Goddess Event Planning & Design's reply:

Hi Bethany - thank you so much for the kind words. We always try to go beyond for amazing clients. We are truly blessed to be able to share in the days of incredible people like you and Josh.
    Hugs,
    Vanessa

Ancy · Married on 05/06/2017

We worked with Sam for our wedding in Fort Lauderdale. My husband and I are not from Florida so hiring a wedding coordinator was one of the best things we could've spent money on, and Sam was worth every penny! She met with us two months before the wedding which was our last trip to Florida before the wedding. She picked up some things we brought down for the wedding so that we wouldn't have to worry about packing so much on the wedding weekend. She made a very detailed timeline, contacting each and every one of our vendors so that everyone was on the same page. She met a few times with the hotel coordinator as as other vendors even when we were not in town. We were constantly mailing her packages for the wedding and the day we landed for the wedding weekend - she met with us and gave us everything we had shipped. On the day of the wedding, she was constantly around, her colleagues were consistently making sure I was okay. She made the whole day go smoothly, especially with our procession and entrances. At the end of the wedding she dropped a bunch of our things back to our room so we wouldn't have to worry about it. She gave us a peace of mind we wouldn't have had had we attempted to manage the wedding on our own. She was so easy to talk to and answered texts at any hour of the day. We are grateful for her tireless energy and for allowing us to enjoy our wedding day without stressing about anything!

Sent on 05/16/2017

Karma Goddess Event Planning & Design's reply:

Hi Ancy - we are so happy your day was exactly how you imagined it. And thank you for the kind words. We really do appreciate it. Please know Sam & I wish a lifetime of laughter and love.

rebecca · Married on 03/18/2017

After researching every event planner in south florida, Karma Goddess brought our perfect wedding vision to life

Sent on 03/22/2017

Karma Goddess Event Planning & Design's reply:

Thank you so much for reviewing us - we truly appreciate it! We are happy to hear that we exceed your expectations. To your happiness and love always - Vanessa

Lauren · Married on 02/04/2017

The Karma team completely blew me away. They took my dream wedding and executed every single detail flawlessly. As soon as I handed off the last bits and pieces to Sam Smith the day before, I felt completely at ease. I trusted her 1000% with everything that needed to be done. And Micaela was also incredible the day of. I never felt an ounce of worry. I knew everything would go smoothly with those two at the helm. I am recommending them to everyone I know! And, although I brought them on as day of coordinators, they were with me from the beginning answering any and every question I had as I was planning the wedding. This team is the only thing a bride needs the day of her wedding. Just incredible!

Sent on 02/06/2017

Karma Goddess Event Planning & Design's reply:

Lauren - thank you so much for the review. We truly love what we do & we are thrilled that your day was everything you dreamed it would be. We wish a lifetime of laughter and love - Vanessa

Michele · Married on 11/21/2016

We signed up with the Vanessa for the “stepping Up Contract”.
    Vanessa found excellent vendors we were still missing and double checked every contract. She often gave us valuable advice as to what was more advantageous to us.
    Vanessa was always readily available, gracious and a pleasure to deal with. She perfectly organized everything especially on the day of.
    Vanessa also has excellent relationships with vendors and venue principals which is always a big plus when organizing an event.
    We were very happy with Vanessa and her team and highly recommend her.

Sent on 11/21/2016

Stephanie · Married on 11/19/2016

Vanessa and the entire Karma Goddess team did an incredible job helping plan my wedding this past November. We booked Vanessa a little over a year before my wedding and we met several times in person and had countless phone calls and email trails. She is sweet and so accommodating to anything you would like to request regarding your wedding. The wedding day literally went off without a hitch, if there were any problems she didn't make them known to myself or anyone in the wedding party. It was the most enjoyable and stress free experience having Karma Goddess on our wedding day! I would recommend Karma Goddess to anyone that is looking for a detail oriented planner with great vision and an extremely laid back and enjoyable experience.

Sent on 01/18/2017

Karma Goddess Event Planning & Design's reply:

Stephanie, thank you for the review, we truly appreciate it. We absolutely loved being there for you every step of the way. And being there the day of and seeing how truly happy you both were that day was truly wonderful. Hugs - Vanessa

Joseph · Married on 11/03/2016

PROFESSIONAL, RESPONSIVE, RESPONSIBLE.

Sent on 11/15/2016

Karma Goddess Event Planning & Design's reply:

Thank you so much for your review. We always appreciate the feedback. And it was such an honor to be apart of your wedding.
    Much Love
    Vanessa

micaela · Married on 10/22/2016

If I could give Karma Goddess more than 5 stars I would! Hiring Vanessa and the Karma team was the BEST decision we made in wedding planning. From day one, Vanessa made the entire wedding planning process a breeze. She kept calm, organized, and provided me with amazing and creative ideas for just about everything. She understood my vision, and did everything in her power to bring it to life. I could not recommend Vanessa and the Karma Goddess team any more! Our Wedding was absolutely PERFECT and I know that is a testament to their AMAZING work. Vanessa and Sam were the best team to have with us on the day of our wedding!!!

Sent on 01/12/2017

Karma Goddess Event Planning & Design's reply:

Thanks, Micaela - you know working with you was a true delight. We loved every moment. And seeing how happy you both were on the big day was the most rewarding part of the experience. Hugs - Vanessa

Emma · Married on 06/10/2016

Vanessa did so much more that I expected to ensure my big day went as planned. I did day of Co-ordination but weeks in advance we was helping me with vendors and gave me amazing suggestions. Vanessa understood exactly what I wanted was so personable! All of our friends and family commented on how amazing Vanessa and Sam was in helping everyone get to where they needed to be. My day certainly would not have been the same without Karma Goddess. They are 100% worth it!!

Sent on 07/07/2016

Jennifer · Married on 06/05/2016

If I could rate Karma Goddess with a 10 instead of 5, I absolutely would. Vanessa has a set of skills that goes above and beyond the talents I have ever seen in any other industry. She is incredibly enjoyable and calming to work with and I loved every single step of the process with her.

I hired her for full-time planning and she was an amazing planner. I can't say enough wonderful things. The vendors she recommended were unbelievable and she literally made this event come together with grace. It was a beautiful day and the best day of our lives and she is honestly the person to thank for bringing all the vendors together and leaving me nothing to worry about throughout my entire year of planning. If you are planning a wedding and need full-time planning and aren't sure if you need it just do it. She brings the Zen and calmness to the whole event that I didn't think existed.

As a person, Vanessa is hardworking and endlessly dedicated to her clients. She is fearless, and fun, and a contagiously joyful person to be around. She has added Sam to her team, who also helped run out event on the day of and she waas spectacular! We loved their careful attention to detail and their quick action in every situtation! Love them!

Sent on 06/22/2016

Jennie,
    Thank you so much for your amazing review. We absolutely loved working with you & Adam on your wedding. And were so happy to see all of your ideas and wishes come to life. Hugs - Vanessa

Nicole · Married on 03/05/2016

Vanessa and her staff were amazing and helped make the process nearly stress free. We had the package, which included planning beginning two month prior to the wedding date; however, once we signed the contract (even before two months) she sent me emails making sure I was on track with my planning, recommended amazing vendors (DJ, florist, and cake baker), and was super responsive to all my emails/questions. We had a situation come up with our caterer who was supposed to be providing our cake and she solved our problem quickly and professionally so as not to stress me out one month before the wedding.

On the day of the wedding, I truly felt like I had thing to worry about because Vanessa and her staff were more than able of handling any issues that would arise. I'm not sure if anything went wrong the day of, which is exactly how I wanted it to be. She's a fantastic wedding planner and I would recommend her in the future.

Sent on 03/21/2016

Nicole · Married on 03/28/2015

Vanessa is a true class act. I worked with her for a solid year planning my wedding, and she was incredible every step of the way. She recommended EXCELLENT vendors and handled tough situations both in the months leading up to the wedding and on the big day. She answered all of my questions, kept me right on track and made sure that I didn't have to worry about a thing on my wedding day. Her calm nature was exactly what I needed - even when a guest showed up with a.. *ahem* .. date that was not previously disclosed (and I definitely freaked out considering we had no room at his table), she handled it with professionalism and absolute grace. I'm sure many more things went wrong that day, but I never knew about any of them! She's a fantastic wedding planner, and I will miss working with her.

Sent on 04/08/2015

Jessica · Married on 03/21/2015

I hired Vanessa as a day-of planner and she went beyond what I could have ever expected or hoped in a planner. I cannot express this enough. I got married last month in Ft. Lauderdale, however, I live in Chicago so naturally I was worried about coordinating everything from across the country. Since the very beginning, she made me feel calm, made sure I was "on track" with what I should be doing, etc. On the wedding day, she dealt with my husband's very large family, made sure everyone was where they were supposed to be/when, coordinated with vendors - and did this all with a ridiculously soothing voice. I never, ever, ever felt overwhelmed. Hiring her was literally the best decision I made .... maybe second best after picking my husband to marry... but its a close second :)

Sent on 04/07/2015

Erin · Married on 01/16/2015

Vanessa is amazing in every way you would want and need your wedding planner/coordinator to be. Not only is she incredibly responsive, knowledgable and reliable, but she is sweet, calm and supportive of the whole process. I can't recommend her enough. You will feel taken care of the whole way through and you will LOVE working with her.

Sent on 02/02/2015

Thanks Erin,
    It was wonderful working with you as well & the night could not have been more perfect for the two of you.
    Big hugs for you and the family!

Nicole · Married on 10/25/2014

I can't say enough about how great Vanessa was to work with for our wedding weekend! We used her and her company for planing and flowers/decor. The flowers and decor were outstanding and more beautiful than I could have imagined! My bouquet was jsut BEAUTIFUL and exactly what I wanted! Vanessa helped me a couple months out from the wedding and then throughout the wedding weekend. She was always calm, collected and organized, which made me stress-free! Throughout the process she was always available via email and phone, and responded promptly. She was wonderful to work with and I can't thank her enough for making our day perfect!! I would definitely recommend her and her team!!

Sent on 11/15/2014

Karma Goddess Event Planning & Design's reply:

Hi Nikki - you, Danny & your families are one of my all time favorites events to be a part of. It was so much fun working with you but more over, the night was a total blast - I don't think I have ever had so much fun working.
    All my best ~ Vanessa

I used Vanessa and her company Karma Goddess for my florals and day of planner for my wedding last month. The reception venue was a blank canvas and after just one telephone conversation, Vanessa understood my vision and executed on it to perfection. Vanessa and her team transformed the venue in ways I couldn't imagine and everything ran smoothly from the beginning of the day until the end of our perfect day. I have Vanessa and her team to thank for making our wedding day the perfect day.

Sent on 07/22/2014

Karma Goddess Event Planning & Design's reply:

It was a true honor to be a part of your event. And it was such an amazing event. Full of emotion.
    All my warmest wishes to you
    Hugs ~ Vanessa

Terri · Married on 06/21/2014

I will first start by saying, THANK GOODNESS for Karma Goddess Event Planning and Design. The single best decision I made during the wedding planning process was hiring Vanessa Oppo and her company to plan and design the biggest event of my life. My husband and I had a specific vision for our wedding, something that was classic yet modern, simple yet chic, luxury yet affordable! Not only did Vanessa execute my vision perfectly and made my wedding a dream come true, she handled all vendors magnificently and more importantly, kept me SANE! I truly enjoyed the pre-planning process with Vanessa, I actually miss her already, awaiting to receive an email or phone call. There was not a request that she wasn’t open to asking for, there was not a fire storm that she wasn’t prepared to put out. We held monthly conference calls in the evening with our parents and they all truly adored her. On the day of, I can’t tell you if anything went wrong, because she handled everything and refused to allow anyone to contact us for any questions or concerns. I completely felt cared for by her and her team. Through all obstacles and challenges she continued to be the voice of reason. Karma Goddess is based out of Florida but my husband and I live in the Washington DC metro area, and she handled us as if we were local. I know that I have probably sent her hundreds of emails, texts throughout the entire planning process but she responded back to all of them and right away, even if later in the evening. She had a true concept of open door policy. I never had to reach out to her, she always provided me with a week’s agenda and action items list to concur that week and month. She never worried me with details that she could handle on her own.

Karma Goddess comes with vendor recommendations and management, budget planning and management, and time management. Vanessa is a consummate professional and hardworking and deserves every bit of success thrown her way. Vanessa THANK YOU!

Sent on 07/18/2014

Karma Goddess Event Planning & Design's reply:

Miss Terri - what can I say - you, Dontae & your mom - are in my heart now. I will always think of you when I hear the song Happy. I wish a lifetime of laughter for the two of you & if you come to Florida be sure to reach out to me.
    Hugs ~ Vanessa

Cassie · Married on 03/15/2014

Vanessa was a joy to work with. She was so organized and put together and really helped me sort through the noise and giant, excessive to-do lists that can come with wedding planning. She is very grounded and not pushy at all and was overall just so wonderful. It was invaluable to not have to think about anything on the wedding day or even the whole week before, because i knew Vanessa had it taken care of.

Sent on 07/26/2014

It was wonderful and an absolute delight to work with Vanessa and her team at Karma Goddess for my wedding. I tend to get stressed easily and Vanessa has this natural approach to make people feel calm. From the moment we first met until the end of the wedding night, I felt at ease with Vanessa's professionalism, honesty and organization. It was so nice to know that I did not have to worry one bit the entire day and night of my wedding. I felt completely comfortable knowing Vanessa would take care of anything that came up and she helped in making this the happiest day of my life!

Sent on 02/25/2014