JTobiason Photography Reviews

29 | Seattle, WA

29 Reviews for JTobiason Photography

• Felicia

Felicia Hsu · Married on 08/08/2020

Best photographer we could have asked for!

We are very picky about photos but Joe is one of the best photographers we know, easily. This was the second time we hired him as a photographer. The first time, he shot our 20-mile engagement adventure photoshoot. We thought no pictures could live up to the ones he took. And then he shot our wedding photos. We had an intimate wedding and could think of no one else but Joe to be there with us. So we asked him to travel to California in the midst of COVID. And we are so glad he was able to be there with us. He has such a phenomenal energy about him. He's so quick to see creative ways to produce images. We are already recommending him to everyone we know and are already looking for the next excuse to hire him. :)

Sent on 09/17/2020

JTobiason Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Felicia! It has been such a joy to walk with you along this journey (maybe a little more walking than normal ;) ), but truly so wonderful!!!
  • Amanda

Amanda Monnahan · Married on 10/08/2019

Highly recommend, especially for outdoor enthusiasts!

Joe was everything we could have asked for in a wedding photographer, and more! Starting with the engagement session, he literally and figuratively went the extra mile to make our photos exceptional. Joe was always easy to work with and professional, and jumped on the idea of having our engagement photo shoot at the end of a 10 mile hike. The pictures turned out absolutely breath taking and completely captured the personalities of my husband and I. This skill carried forward to our wedding day. I could put my full confidence in the fact that Joe was capturing the beauty of the day, which was one less thing for me to worry about. The photos he captured were just perfect from the emotions of the first look and ceremony, joy of the first dance and a special session toward the end where he was able to fullfill our request to have sunset photos on a mostly cloudy day. I could not be more greatful for Joe and his assistant and would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a wedding photographer, especially if they are interested in incorporating the beauty of the outdoors.

Sent on 12/11/2019

JTobiason Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Amanda!!!!! It was an honor to be a part of your and Jay's journey! I constantly am going back to smile at the photos from both sessions. You both made my job easy.
  • Jeanie

Jeanie & James · Married on 07/09/2019

Amazing photos

Joe was fantastic to work with. He immediately made us feel relaxed and kept the whole session light and easygoing. He has such a good eye for finding the perfect photo spots and we were just blown away at how great everything turned out.

Sent on 01/19/2020

Kendra · Married on 05/18/2019

Best photographer!

Quite simply, Joe was the best photographer we could have hoped for. We booked him because I saw on old friend's wedding photos on facebook years ago and remember thinking they were quite striking. I got in touch with her and she gave me Joe's information. He was wonderful to work with. Your engagement photo shoot comes with the price for booking him for your wedding, so he gets to know you and you can be comfortable around him. He makes you feel very at ease and cracks jokes along the way. When we sent out our save the dates, two other couple friends ended up booking him because they loved our engagement photos so much. I think that speaks volumes as to the quality of his work. Working with him on our wedding day was a fantastic experience. We've only seen previews so far, and I can't wait to see the final photos!

Sent on 06/07/2019

JTobiason Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Kendra! That means so much! You guys are the best (and watch your mail, your photos should arrive today)!

Trenton Fluetsch · Married on 04/13/2019

Fantastic photos, and a great guy to work with. Excellent experience.

We had an incredible experience with Joe as our wedding photographer. From our engagement photos, to pre-wedding festivities, to the wedding itself, we couldn't have been more pleased with our experience. He had great communication throughout the process, and made us feel very comfortable the entire time. Not to mention the photos themselves turned out fantastic. Couldn't recommend Joe any higher!

Sent on 07/25/2019

JTobiason Photography's reply:

Thank you so much! It was a blast to be a part of your wonderful day! I loved the intention you put into it all and still am laughing at seeing you get iced ;)

Kaely · Married on 03/09/2019

Best wedding photographer EVER!

Hiring Joe as our wedding photographer was definitely one of the best wedding vendors we selected. Joe is easy going, knows his stuff, and super responsive. He made the process so great for us every step of the way. It was amazing seeing his passion and skill throughout one of the most important days for us. Everyone around was so impressed of his ability to be ready with one great shot after another, and to somehow be in 5 places at once. He knows his stuff. You spend a majority of your wedding day closely working with your wedding photographer and we are so glad to have Joe by our side throughout the day. We woke up the morning after our wedding with a link to a blog post from Joe with a few preview photos. This by far exceeded our expectations and was the best thing we could have imagined waking up to. The turn around of receiving our photos was also sooner than expected, and just another bonus on top of the photos that we absolutely love. We can't say enough about how happy we are with our wedding photos. We highly recommended Joe to anyone looking for a wedding photographer and can't thank him enough for the great experience we had.

Sent on 04/26/2019
  • Jessica

Jessica M Sutton · Married on 02/01/2019

Cherished Memories

My husband and I met Joe a week or so before our wedding in Seattle to get to know each other. He was so nice and personable. I really loved his style of photography and trusted that he would know exactly how to capture our big day. He was also flexible on pricing and gave us exactly the time and amount of photos we wanted at a very reasonable price! Throughout the whole waterfall hike, pre-ceremony, ceremony, and cake cutting, he knew exactly what to do and he was really cognizant of my idea of what kind of photos I wanted. We received our pictures from him after a only a month (which was awesome!) and they were absolutely breathtaking! I'm so happy with the final result and the overall ease of the process with Joe. If you like his style, I highly recommend him! He's a great person and a great photographer. Thanks again Joe for the amazing day and the amazing photos that we will cherish for the rest of our lives.

Sent on 03/30/2019

Kathryn · Married on 10/13/2018

Best Wedding Photographer and Stand-up Guy!

I can not say enough wonderful things about Joe Tobiason! Not only did he have a magnificent, artistic eye to capture all of the details and moments (big and small) of my wedding but he brought such an amazing, calming, go-with-the-flow energy that made the day so enjoyable. Joe kept my husband, my family/bridal party and myself organized and on time in such an efficient way - he is truly a communication fairy. He was so timely with all communication and delivered photography for our day that I will truly cherish forever!

Sent on 04/08/2019

JTobiason Photography's reply:

Oh my. Thank you so much for your kind words Kathryn. It was an absolute joy to work with you and Sam on your incredible day!

nina · Married on 09/08/2018

I just can’t say enough how happy my husband and I are with how our wedding photos turned out. Every photo makes me smile and brings up sweet little memories from throughout the day. Before we even started planning the wedding, we’d talked about how having good photos to look back on was a big priority; we’re both pretty nostalgic and love looking back over photos. We fell in love with Joe’s portfolio: his attention to detail, eye for light, love of nature, and the way he can capture the sweet moments between a couple. I loved that engagement photos were part of the package; it was a great way to get to know Joe and made my husband and me more relaxed knowing that photos were going to go so well at the wedding. (Also, Joe is an amazing scout of pretty spots for photos in the PNW!) Joe’s communication throughout the process was awesome! We did our wedding without a planner, and were both pretty clueless on quite a lot of details. I’m so thankful to Joe that he let us pick his brain for the “day of” timing! During the wedding, it seemed like he was always everywhere without getting in the way; looking over all of the photos, I can’t believe how much one photographer could capture! So many sweet moments that I know I’ll hold close to my heart. I can’t stop looking at them :) Joe, thank you so much for showing so much care and attention to detail for our wedding. We couldn’t be happier!

Sent on 10/10/2018

Thelben · Married on 07/07/2018

Stunning wedding photos!

We love Joe!! Can't rave enough about how fantastic Joe is as both a person and photographer. For our engagement session, Joe likes to get outdoors which is convenient because so do we! We had a beautiful day on the mountain. He made us feel so comfortable behind the camera and really it was just a fun time. Joe is very good at communication, outlining what to expect, and really getting a sense of what you want. By the time our wedding rolled around, Joe felt like an old friend. He captured our day with absolutely stunning photos -that I still cannot stop starting at! We had an unconventional ceremony with many moving parts. Joe knew where to be and when. The end result is a beautiful compilation of our day that we will have for the rest of our lives and will share with our children and grandchildren. I would hands down recommend Joe without reservation. He's just great. His photos are stunning. You will not be disappointed. Hell, we are actively trying to convince him to photograph the christening of our future children, vow renewals, 50th birthday bash and just about all of our big life events! Ahhh...one can only dream.

Sent on 11/12/2018

JTobiason Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Thelben. Your wedding was truly something wonderful, special and beautiful. I'm so honored to have been a part of it!

Kevin · Married on 07/15/2017

Joe did an amazing job photographing our wedding and engagement, and we are so glad that we chose him for the job! Joe is easy going, organized, professional, attentive and was very flexible for the planning stages and for the big day itself. Joe worked tirelessly the entire day and night, and took stunning pictures that we will cherish and look back on for the rest of our lives. Erika and Joe were super talented at posing us in ways that felt natural, and truly made the experience fun and enjoyable. Joe provided us with beautiful, irreplaceable photos, and was truly a joy to work with.

Sent on 08/18/2017

Jacob · Married on 05/13/2017

Joe is a true professional making his mark on the world and mastering his craft. We were so lucky to have him as our wedding photographer. My wife and I were blown away by value and quality of his product. Thanks Joe!

Sent on 06/22/2017

Katie · Married on 09/11/2016

I cannot say enough about our fantastic experience with JTobiason Photography! We could not be happier with the photos captured at both our engagement session and our wedding! Both Joe and his wife Erika are such beautiful people and they were so great to work with. We truly felt lucky to have these two as part of our special day!

Sent on 02/21/2017

Kelsey · Married on 09/10/2016

We couldn’t be happier about choosing Joe as our wedding photographer. He photographed my maid of honor’s wedding a year before ours, and their pictures were beautiful, so it was an easy choice for us.

Joe is an awesome person, wonderful to work with and captures the moment and the setting beautifully. We had so much fun with Joe and Erika on our wedding day, which made everything look more natural and not overly posed. He is also so talented at capturing the beautiful settings, making for truly epic photos.

I've been highly recommending Joe to everyone I know who's getting married! He's the best!

Sent on 01/16/2017
  • O

Owen · Married on 08/20/2016

Joe is simply fantastic!

My wife and I were looking for a photographer that is personable and enjoyable to work with befoe an during the wedding day and that's what Joe is. He encompassed everything we asked and more, really capturing the essence of our special day.

Photos are the tangible keepsakes you have from your wedding so finding the best photographer is an absolute MUST, and Joe will be your guy for that!

Sent on 12/17/2016

Kati · Married on 08/07/2016

Joe Tobiason is the finest of craftsmen and artists. During our engagement shoot he did more than just capture stunning photos, he also patiently and expertly taught my husband and me to be comfortable with the camera. As for our wedding photos, each one is a gorgeous little story from that fun day and all the people involved. Both Joe and his wife put us at our ease through encouragement and good conversation. We can’t recommend them highly enough!

Sent on 02/26/2017

Jacson · Married on 09/05/2015

Of all the wedding vendors we spent money with, no one gave us a better return on our dollars spent than Joe and Erika. I have recommended them highly to everyone looking for a top flight photographer.

Sent on 03/18/2016

Tara · Married on 08/29/2015

We had SO much fun with Joe and Erika on our wedding day! Very professional but an all around great time. The whole day went wonderfully with them there. We wouldn't change our day at all, not even the bad weather :) and we would recommend jtobiason photography to anyone! They got pictures of everything, but were never in the way, they are just great!

As a side note, we had an amazing time doing our engagement pictures as well!

Sent on 03/16/2016

Ronan · Married on 08/22/2015

This is a very delayed review but working with Joe and Erika was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding and so we feel that it is still worth writing this review. Joe initially met us over a beer and we talked about everything but photos, making a point to get to know us as a couple and the things that make us tick. He was super flexible about our engagement shoot which turned out amazingly. And this was all before the actual wedding! When our wedding finally came around Joe and Erika were calm, organized and helped capture our day in a way that was true to us and the incredible surroundings where we chose to celebrate. And even though they had to be at another site 5 hours away the next day, there were preview images in our inboxes the next morning! Overall, Joe was a pleasure to work with, our finished images where incredible and if we had to do it again we would choose Joe in an instant - even if he didn't send us our personalized photos in a box with mugs and hot cocoa - talk about going the extra step.

Sent on 09/19/2016

Jeanelle · Married on 08/08/2015

Joe and his wife Erika are amazing! They wanted to make sure that they would be a good fit for our wedding and met up with us before we even committed to having them as our photographers. We loved our engagement session with Joe, he helped us warm up to the camera which was very helpful for the day of the wedding! Joe setup a meeting right before the meeting to make sure to understand who we wanted pictures with and to help schedule our wedding day out for us. Our family and friends loved Joe & Erika at the wedding, they were fun, kind, and very helpful! I highly recommend them, their photos are beautiful!

Sent on 11/23/2015

Blair · Married on 07/26/2015

What I think sets Joe and Erika apart is their ability to capture the special moments from just the right angles and often up-close – and at the same time stay unobtrusive.

We hired JTobiason for our wedding last summer at Kelley Farm in Bonney Lake, WA. We look at those wedding photos often and couldn't be more pleased with how they turned out.

Joe and his wife are laid back, yet very professional, and a total pleasure to work with. They keep the mood light. On the wedding day they didn't see themselves as being above helping out in other ways besides photography (e.g. Erika helped my bride with trips to the restroom).

The value for the money spent was really impressive. I researched a lot of wedding photographers before going with JTobiason, and I'm convinced a lot of them would have charged me more but not delivered as much.

Joe also did a superb job with our engagement photo session at Seattle's Discovery Park. I highly recommend working with him.

Sent on 03/23/2016

Kelly · Married on 07/19/2015

I cannot say enough good things about these photographers! They are extremely talented at capturing the joy of the day with candid photos as well as those beautiful thought out shots. When we first met with them they talked about pulling out the light, life and emotion of the day. That’s really nice to say, but quite another thing to actually deliver. As a bride, I must admit I both couldn’t wait to see the photos, but also nervous that I might have put my hopes too high. I LOVED the photos and have so many good ones, they are hard to choose between! They absolutely delivered! I feel that the day was captured with all of the joy and emotion in the photos. Also, Joe and Erika were wonderful to be around. They had everything that we could possibly need and are just wonderful human beings. They made me feel like the most beautiful bride and that my wedding was the best thing that ever happened. They really know how to get the job done and really celebrate at the same time. I have been a part of many weddings where the photo “sessions” feel sort of like a chore, but Joe and Erika made them crazy fun and just a continuation of our celebration! I never worried about how long anything was taking because I was having so much fun. Plus, they were so efficient that I had no reason to worry about the time. Anyway, if you are considering hiring them, you should just do it! You will not regret it and you will look back at this as one of your best decisions you made about planning your wedding! I know I do.

Sent on 12/09/2015

Melissa · Married on 10/11/2014

Joe and Erika were incredible to work with and made both our engagement session and wedding day so much fun! They were so relaxed and calm during such a stressful, emotional day. Our whole family was so impressed with how smooth all the posed family portraits went (normally a very tedious process). They have an amazing gift for capturing those wonderful candid moments in such a natural way. Our wedding photos are truly a work of art and we are so glad we invested in JTobiason to preserve all of our memories so beautifully!

Sent on 02/10/2015

Dylan · Married on 05/31/2014

Joe absolutely made our wedding. Not only is he a very talented photographer, who provided us with beautiful pictures, but he helped make our wedding day itself a smooth and easy experience. His knowledge and experience showed from the start of the planning process through receiving our pictures and even follow-ups after his duties were done to make sure we were satisfied. His work truly speaks for itself. His steady temperament and top-notch insights made the entire process so smooth and truly made our lives so much easier throughout. I would highly recommend Joe and his team for any event as I can't imagine a better photographer or person to work with!

THANK YOU JOE!

Sent on 02/01/2015

Anika · Married on 06/29/2013

Joe was amazing! He commands attention when organizing people, but in the nicest way possible. He is very comprehensive in understanding what a bride wants. He was a pleasure to work with. Most importantly, his photos are beautiful and timeless.

Sent on 02/14/2014