Joyce Kim Weddings Reviews

21 | Los Angeles, CA

21 Reviews for Joyce Kim Weddings

Terrance · Married on 09/19/2015

Joyce Kim is a highly sought after wedding planner and understandably so. From the get go, my fiancée wanted to meet her to see if she'll be a good fit for our wedding planning. After we got in touch, she quickly agreed to meet us at our convenience in a cafe near where my fiancée and I both live.

From our first meeting until now, Joyce has been exceptionally professional. She quickly assessed what we wanted out of the wedding and provided a clear answer to all the questions that we had. Since our first meeting, Joyce has always replied to all our emails with 48 hours. She clarified a lot of our uncertainties and even mailed my fiancée a packet of wedding information, including a wedding magazine, that swoon over my fiancée completely.

I really like that she only takes on one wedding per weekend, giving us the full assurance that she will be with us every step of the way.

Best Wedding planning team ever!!
    My name is Jimmy Koh, I am a Wedding MC/DJ, also a Wedding singer. I worked with Joyce last Aug, 5th, at Carondelet House for Christine & George's wedding. She has a great ability to communicate comfortably. She makes people very comfortable. She also has very precise ideas. When we had a walk thru the venue, it was totally empty. At the day of wedding, she actually showed us "magic". The theme of wedding was a vintage element which was I never had before. It was absolutely fantastic and ideal wedding I ever had. Not only she has the quality to do the job, also she has qualified vendors and referral connections on venues for you to choose. Everything she planned was fulfilled, bride & groom liked it so much, I was the witness there. I am so glad that I was the part of her team. Thank you, Joyce!

Jin · Married on 11/08/2014

Joyce made our planning process fun and our wedding day the most memorable and beautiful day that we could've hoped for! We had our wedding in LA but we were living abroad for the most part of our planning phase so our wedding was somewhat of a destination wedding without the luxury of having a full service venue. We met with Joyce when were visiting LA before we relocated back to LA. Unfortunately, she wasn't available for the full service so we had her as our "Day of Coordinator." I put this in quotations because while our contract and price-point were those of a "Day of Coordinator" service, what we received in return was a friend who helped us plan our wedding every step of the way; even while we were still abroad, Joyce made time for us via numerous emails and Skype, even though the time difference meant talking to us at odd hours of the night. We took advantage of her design/planning consultation sessions before the final month meetings that are part of her day of coordinator service. We felt that these were well worth the price and highly recommend them to anyone who cannot reserve her full planning service. We agree with all the other reviewers' comments about how organized, creative, honest, and resourceful Joyce is but also wanted to add how wonderful the vendors she works with are. We were budget conscious and had a very hard time finding any florists who were willing to even consider our wedding with our budget for flowers but Joyce recommended us with the most wonderful florist whom not only came within our budget but also came up with amazing flower arrangement that fit my personal style so perfectly. We also went with Joyce's recommendation for our DJ and he was amazing! On the day of our wedding, we really felt like we had an entire wedding planning team/vendors synergistically working together to create the best day for us. We loved working with Joyce as our wedding coordinator and highly recommend her service.

Understanding the intricacies and coordination efforts associated with planning a perfect event, I knew we needed a capable wedding coordinator. After reviewing the options and meeting a few coordinators over a few weeks span, I had the privilege of meeting Joyce Kim.
    When I initially contacted Joyce, she was enthusiastic, accommodating and patient. She was even more wonderful in person! Joyce is extraordinarily professional and has this incredible ability to make you feel entirely comfortable. She is polished, chooses her words carefully with a delivery that makes something sour seem sweet, and makes you feel like you've been friends for ages.

During the walk-thru, Joyce was meticulous - every detail was discussed from flowers down to the smallest detail of what material (e.g. metal or acrylic) the chargers were. She had an answer for almost everything. We knew at this point that we were working with a professional. Over the following few weeks, Joyce gave us updates and wrapped up loose ends. In all honesty, after our walk-thru, Joyce lulled us into a state of laziness after she exposed herself as the extraordinarily detailed oriented and organized planner she is. Joyce worked with all our vendors (who had nothing but glowing feedback about her).
    The wedding - Simply Amazing! Nothing was out of place, the event was immaculate, the timeline couldn't have worked out more precisely. There have been plenty of brides I've chatted with in the past who find certain things wrong/incorrect on their wedding day, we had no such issue, we were free as birds with not a breeze of stress in the air.
    If you want the following:
    - A stress-Free wedding as the B&G
    - A consummate professional with a wealth of knowledge
    - A genuine and honest individual to deal with who really cares about her clients
    - And, most importantly, hopefully a life-long friend
    Then look no further. You've got exactly what you are looking for in Joyce!!

Cindy · Married on 02/14/2014

Joyce was/is awesome. My mom had terminal cancer so my bf and I decided to speed up the engagement and wedding so we got engaged and married in about 2-3 months. We didn't think we could afford a coordinator, but since the timeframe was so tight, we figured that it would be in our best interest to find some help. Thank god we had joyce. See below for the reasons:

1) Before the wedding - she asks you all these questions you wouldn't even imagine mattered. She was so detailed with timing and also very politically savvy. She wanted to make sure we didn't offend family/relatives and gave us some really great pointers. She was also pretty flexible with meetings so we contacted her via phone, email and since we were both based in Los Angeles, we met in person as well. She came to the vendor meetings at the venue and because she was there, i felt like everything was under control.

2) Timeline - the most detailed timeline i have ever seen. Success is in the details, proven by how perfect everything went the day of.

3) Day of coordination - my husband and i did not look at the clock once on our wedding night. Everything went smoothly and I was having a blast. She even packed up all our gifts/left over decor and boxed up some wedding cake for us to enjoy the following night (awesome) and loaded everything into our groomsmen's car.

Joyce is a professional. She is quick to respond but also gives you time to think. If she doesn't think it will work, she will provide her thoughts on why, but she never insists on having it done a certain way. I loved her feedback on some of my not-so-great ideas and appreciated her honesty. She also kind of acted as a mediator between myself and the groom. Sometimes couples are not always on the same page and she helped us talk things through so we barely got into any arguments. She just wants the event to be great for you and since she has seen so many weddings, she knows what she is talking about.

Joyce was a pleasure to work with. If there's only one quick advice I have for those of you looking for a wedding planner .... Hire her!

Jacquelyn · Married on 10/19/2013

This review is so long over due! Joyce was AMAZING! I am still raving about her! She went above and beyond to make our special day absolutely perfect. She brought our vision to life and tackled all the questions and concerns we had planning our wedding with grace. I couldn't be happier and am still in awe of how comfortable she made me and my husband for our big day. I can't say enough good things about her. It's not every day someone gets married and she was so reassuring and willing to answer and take the time to explain the entire process to us. Joyce is extremely flexible with not only her time but also any non conventional wedding ideas and situations. Please don't look any further if you are searching for the best!

Aileen · Married on 10/12/2013

Joyce was amazing!!! I was planning our wedding within 6 months and living about 2500 miles away! Joyce met with us and put everything in perspective for us. She asked us questions we had never even thought about. She really immersed herself in what we had envisioned for the wedding: an artistic, creative, urban, and unique affair. She made everything so easy and helped take care of last minute things!!!! Our wedding was very DIY and handmade and she helped execute it all! The intimate lighting and candles, the ambiance, the coordination with the vendors, and organizing the whole timeline. We wanted this wedding to be an event you wouldn't forget while also not breaking the bank. It was so intimate yet felt like an amazing artsy party! I had a blast at our wedding, and I know our friends all did, too! I would recommend her to anyone in a heartbeat. She is super sweet and amazingly organized. And she will make your wedding be exactly what you envision :)

paul · Married on 10/12/2013

Our wedding day could not have been possible without Joyce's help.
    She is extremely organized, friendly, and detail oriented. She allowed us to not worry about a thing the day of our wedding, and we had an amazing time at our wedding. Contact her early as a few of my friends weren't able to use her because she was already booked. You will not regret it!

I can't emphasize enough how awesome Joyce is. Her creativity and passion makes her so good at what she does. She is knowledgeable, whether it be vendors (we booked many of our vendors based on her recommendations, who were all great!), props, design - you name it! I always walked out of our meetings feeling more assured that everything was being taken care of. She addressed details I wouldn't have thought of otherwise but are essential for a wedding and had backup plans for everything. She'll give you her honest opinions, but only because she has a great vision for the wedding that you want. We replaced a lot of my ideas with her suggestions and my wedding was more beautiful than I had ever envisioned. The execution of the wedding on the day of was flawless. She was so professional and attentive to every little detail from the beginning until the end of our wedding. For instance, we mentioned that we wanted to keep the centerpiece jars, and she made sure they stayed in our possession. Thanks to her, I didn't have to worry about a single thing, and simply enjoyed every moment of that day.
    What really touched me was that despite her busy schedule, she always took the time to ask me how I was doing. She genuinely cares and wants to make sure that you are taking care of yourself in the midst of the craziness that comes with wedding planning. When I looked frazzled, she asked me what I was worried or stressed about and talked through what I could do to make myself feel better. She really helped me prioritize and not fret about the little things that won't matter as much as I had thought it would.
    No words or stars could be a testament to how amazing Joyce is. My husband, who initially didn't understand why we would need a wedding coordinator, gives all the credit to Joyce for making our wedding so memorable and says he would highly recommend her to any of his friends in a heartbeat. Thanks, Joyce, for bringing my vision to life and for making my wedding unforgettable!

Catherine · Married on 08/17/2013

One of the best investments I've ever made was hiring Joyce as our day of wedding coordinator. I knew right after we had our first meeting that she was perfect for us.

I wasn't exactly concise describing the type of wedding we wanted or the theme we wanted, but Joyce with her diligence and creativity executed our vision perfectly. She had referrals handy and very responsive to any inquiries. Joyce is not only organized and on top of her game, but friendly and personal in her approach. It felt as if she was our friend and made us very comfortable with the entire process while still making sure all vendors knew exactly when and where to be and what to do the day of.

On the day of, I didn't worry about a thing. From pinning boutonnieres and corsages to making sure we ate and stuck to a timeline, Joyce was on it. She made adjustments accordingly and seamlessly and ultimately made sure we had a fabulous time. I can't stress how much beautiful and fun our wedding was due to Joyce.

I highly recommend Joyce's services!!!

Jenny · Married on 07/27/2013

Hiring Joyce as our day of coordinator and adviser for our wedding was hands down the best decision we made. At our first meeting, she immediately began asking questions and taking very detailed notes. Not only did she ask about our dream wedding and vision, but she was also curious as to who we were as individuals, who we were as a couple, our likes and dislikes, our families, how we met etc. It was clear to us that her services were extremely personal and that she excelled in creating weddings that were truly a reflection of the couple. We hired her on the spot without a doubt in our minds.

Thanks to Joyce, the entire wedding planning process was stress free and dare I say, so much fun! She has an extremely creative eye and coupled with her awesome sense of humor, I felt like I was planning my wedding with one of my closest friends. She is not a "yes" girl and will give her honest and expert advice. I can't even count how many times we avoided mishaps and wedding faux pas cause of Joyce's experience and guidance. She considers your budget and vision into anything she suggests and her arsenal of vendors was extremely helpful. We found our amazing photographers and wedding cake vendor thanks to her.

Her organization skills is definitely her super human power as she writes down EVERYTHING, emails concise notes after every meeting, and her timelines and lists are so perfect they are literally frame worthy. Mind reading must also be one of her superpowers as throughout the wedding day, anytime I had a question or a concern, she would pop out of nowhere ready with an answer and solution.

I would confidently and wholeheartedly refer Joyce to anyone who is planning a wedding. She will with no doubt make your wedding stress-free, beautiful and truly you.

Jamie · Married on 07/20/2013

Joyce Kim is Amazing, wonderful, awesome and very friendly. I cannot thank her enough for helping us plan our wedding. She helped us so...much. She was always available for us and responded promptly to our calls and messages. She is very friendly, polite and easy to get along with. She was able to schedule everything before and during the wedding. The rehearsal was great! The wedding went so ... smoothly we never felt stressed. Everyone in our families loved her and only had great positive things to say about her. We enjoyed our wedding day to the fullest. We totally recommend her as a wedding coordinator she is wonderful, sweet, thoughtful and friendly! We are very blessed to have had her as our wedding planner. :-) I give her 10 stars! THANK YOU Joyce Kim for all your hard work!!!

Amy · Married on 06/15/2013

Everything about Joyce is just wonderful!

There aren't enough words to describe how amazing she is. We definitely could not have done it without her. She is professional and incredibly organized.

Joyce's vision is spot on. It is seriously inspiring. She definitely excels at what she does.

The wedding prep process was fairly simple and went pretty smoothly considering we had 400 guests. It was all thanks to Joyce. She helped with every single vendor and issue that came up. She always returned calls and emails promptly and went out of her way to make sure I was happy with each decision I made.

I would honestly do it all over again just so I can spend more time with Joyce! =)

Meggan · Married on 05/04/2013

I was contacted by Joyce Kim on my http://wedding.com account! I could not have been happier with my choice to have Joyce coordinate my wedding. She was great! She is very personable, friendly and really knows what she is doing. When I first met with her we really clicked, I am a little awkward when meeting people for the first time but she made my feel comfortable! Immediately we got down to business about my wedding she took notes and asked a lot of questions! I loved it and it made me feel that she really cared about what I wanted and was honest with me if she thought of a better way to do something. I would definitely pick her again to plan another event in the future! She was always quick to respond to any questions or concerns I had and even took the time to respond to me after my wedding when I forgot where I had place/thought I lost a few things! If you are looking for a coordinator that is hard working, dedicated and will take your image of your special day and make it even better than you imagined I suggest you book Joyce Kim, you won't regret it!

It was a joy to work with Joyce. Even though she was technically our day-of coordinator, we felt that she was always there for us in the months and days leading up to the wedding (including multiple meetings, countless emails, phone calls, etc), not to mention the Wedding Day, where she was moving so quickly that it left our heads spinning. She took care of so much of the busy work that we were truly able to enjoy ourselves. To be honest, we didn't have to see any of the moving parts, because Joyce was on it!

Joyce is very organized and professional, but extremely approachable and supportive. These are great qualities in a coordinator. Hell, these are great qualities in a person! She's our buddy.

We highly recommend Joyce - she will get the job done.

All wedding planners must be organized, creative, and great at handling unexpected surprises.

Joyce was definitely VERY organized. I was so grateful to have someone as organized as her to be standing by my side and reminding me about things that needed to be taken care of.

She was also very creative. A week or two before the wedding, my centerpiece idea fell through and she then suggested a lot of great ideas instead. In the end, I went with my idea but her giving me creative ideas even though that wasn't a part of my package was something I appreciated.

The only qualm I have is that her assistant did not assist in any way. There was one point when I saw a girl sitting down playing games on her phone and I had no idea who she was or why she was there hours before the wedding. But even with that, that doesn't take away from my experience with Joyce Kim.

Paulo and Robbin · Married on 09/01/2012

We simply could not have done it without her!

Thankfully, I was able to meet her through mutual friends and ended up choosing the "the day of" service. Initially, my wife and I thought that we would be able to handle the 8+ vendors on the day of our wedding, but as the day approached, we knew we needed help BIG TIME.

I contacted her and our first meeting was at a cafe. It was wonderful. We hired her services on the spot. My wife and I are very detail-oriented, and Joyce was able to cover all of the issues and stress we were having with all the vendors. She took the matters into her own hands and worked directly with them. The logistics for the wedding was perfect! :-)

What was truly important was that Joyce sat with us several times and thoroughly reviewed the whole reception timeline. She was able to not only listen to our ideas, but also provide her professional input without being pushy. On the day of the wedding, EVERYTHING was taken care of as promised. All of the vendors showed up punctually, the wedding commenced as planned, and the reception flowed very smoothly! Joyce made sure that all of the parties involved with the wedding were okay. She was omnipresent like Jesus! She was everywhere!!! :)

If you are considering hiring a wedding coordinator/planner, don't think twice. Joyce is AMAZING and works really hard to reduce your anxiety and stress on your special day.

Thank you again Joyce!

Christine · Married on 08/05/2012

This is my first time writing a review for anyone I have worked with and is a testament to the remarkable skills, dedication, and professionalism of Joyce Kim as an event/wedding coordinator. I have waited four years to have my wedding and finding Joyce was worth the journey. She encourages you and propagates you toward the vision you desire and achieves it in full effect without difficulty or stress for the bride and groom-to-be. Her gifts are the following: being able to encompass your preferred theme (in our case, country, shabby, chic with a sprinkle of The Great Gatsby) in every single element of the wedding, always approachable and with a ready answer when you have questions, a think tank of DIY ideas, and most importantly, a beautiful individual to work with. I recommend her with the utmost confidence and offer her the highest compliment I can give...if Jane Austen were to have a wedding coordinator, it would be Joyce Kim:)

• Maryam

Maryam · Married on 03/31/2012

I was fortunate enough to work with Joyce Kim Weddings for the planning, design and day of services for my recent wedding. Joyce is organized, professional and full of great ideas. Her and her team were there for me every step of the way - providing reminders, giving prompt feedback and locating/contacting vendors. Flexibility was also a big plus, if circumstances/decisions changed, Joyce was able to roll with it and alter as needed. With the amount of preparation done prior to the day of the wedding, I wasn't concerned with the logistics/details of anything on that day - I was able to enjoy my wedding, confident that Joyce and her team had everything under control (they did!).

With regards to the design, I had only a basic idea of what I wanted and ended up with SO much more than I could have expected. With the volume of information available out there on every design element of a wedding, I found myself quickly overwhelmed. While remaining mindful of my budget Joyce created a design that was unique, romantic, and modern.

Overall, working with Joyce made wedding planning less stressful and the wedding day so much more enjoyable and beautiful. I would highly recommend Joyce Kim Weddings for any future bride!

Helen · Married on 01/21/2012

Joyce Kim was such a pleasure to work with! She went above and beyond my expectations for my wedding. She helped me out on ideas and decorations for my wedding and even helped me run my errands when I didn't have time. She's very thorough and will walk you through the steps several times so you are never left in the dark.

I had no idea what to do for my sweetheart table decoration a week before my wedding and she was able to crank it all out in no time. She really makes sure the planning is as stress free for the bride as possible. On the day of the wedding, she was more than reliable and took care of every little detail for me. She also took care of me and my bridal party by making sure we were well fed and hydrated on the day of.

All her hard work and dedication definitely shows in how the whole day pans out so well in the end. Would definitely recommend her.