JL Original Designs Reviews

38 Reviews for JL Original Designs

JL Original Designs 1
JL Original Designs 2

Antelia · event on 04/19/2014

The invitations looked great, and arrived in a timely manner. Any questions I had, I had a quick response to it. I will use them in the future if needed. Thanks for the beautiful invitations, everyone loved them.

Sent on 04/07/2014

JL Original Designs's reply:

Thank you Antelia, We are happy to hear you love the bridal shower invitations!

Very flexible and I love the fact she travels to you.

Sent on 05/13/2014

Staci · Married on 10/19/2013

Working with Jen of JL Original Designs was the best decision that I made for my wedding! We communicated via email, text and phone, and used a secret board on Pinterest to exchange ideas. She created unique invitations that many of my friends and family still have on display! She also took care of my flowers, as well as putting together my centerpieces and decorating my cake with beautiful, fresh flowers! When the teenage girls carrying the flowers say that they love you, you know she did a great job! Jen was flexible to our needs, and our budget, constantly working to make the event affordable for us. Her services were invaluable, and I look forward to using her for more events in the future!

Sent on 10/23/2013

JL Original Designs's reply:

Thank you for your kind words! You both were great to work with. We wish you many years of happiness. -JL

Danielle · Married on 10/07/2010

JL Original Designs did an amazing job on making all the jewelry and flowers for my wedding. They turned out better than I imagined. I got so many compliments on them that several of my friends used JL for their special events also including baby showers and bridal showers. I will definitely be using JL again.

Sent on 02/02/2014

JL Original Designs's reply:

Thank you Danielle! I was happy to help you and Jay!

Heidi · Married on 07/21/2007

Very pleasant experience. She made all my flower arrangments and jewlery for my brides maids for way less money than I thought it was going to be. Jen is perfessional and will work around any concern. I am so glad I choose to use her. She is a wonderful women and very talented.

Sent on 02/19/2014

JL Original Designs's reply:

Thank you for your kind words Heidi.

colleen · Married on 06/24/2017

What originally attracted me to JL Original Designs was that it is a small business and family owned/oriented. Jen is AMAZING. She works with you from start to finish, from budget to making sure your needs are fulfilled. In the middle of my wedding planning, my mother passed away - Jen (without given any notice) whipped up floral arrangements for my mothers funeral also! She is great at multitasking and getting everything done and to you in perfect time! I will be a lifelong customer of Jens for years to come! Thank you Jen for ROCKING! & Being you ;)

Sent on 11/14/2017

JL Original Designs's reply:

Thank you, Colleen, for your kind words and it was a pleasure meeting your family. We wish you and Anthony many years of happiness. I was honored to provide the arrangements for your Mom. Thank you for your pictures you looked beautiful. JL

Beautiful flowers - exactly what I wanted!!

Sent on 01/08/2016

Sandra · Married on 09/06/2014

Jen and her staff were great.
    She was very knowledgeable, professional, flexible, and very affordable -- no nickel and diming! I would absolutely call her again for my next event or party.

Sent on 09/09/2014

Michelleruppert · Married on 07/28/2018

Best money I spent

Made my day stress free!! Best money I spent for the entire wedding! Easy to work with and super responsive.

Sent on 11/14/2018

Emily Welfield · Married on 11/14/2018

Great Florist!

Jen was awesome! She found a way to make sure I had beautiful flowers but stayed in my budget, which was huge for me! Highly recommend.

Sent on 11/14/2018

Thank you, Emily!
    We loved creating your wedding florals. Orange crush roses are so beautiful for fall weddings. We wish you and Michael many years of happiness.

Julie Young · Married on 10/20/2018

3.0

Fun and creative!

Jen is great to work with. Very responsive and creative. We'd mention a thought and it became reality!

Sent on 12/06/2018

Asheli · Married on 09/12/2015

Very proffesional and thoughtful work. Took lots of details out of the equation so I could relax more on my wedding day. Definitely recommend!

Sent on 12/14/2015

1.0

We hired JL Original Designs for our wedding in September of 2014. We decided to hire a wedding planner because our wedding was not in a traditional venue: it was located in a barn on a state park with limited facilities and no on-site staff.

Our key concern was that we would not have to worry about cleanup the night of, or the morning after the wedding. Cleanup entailed packing away our belongings into a truck we provided, and broom sweeping the barn. We received a lot of help from our family and friends in coordinating and setting up the wedding, and didn't want them cleaning up as well.

This was the primary goal in hiring a wedding planner and we discussed this with Jen Lawn and her assistant. On multiple occasions they assured us that the cleanup would be taken care of and we would not have to worry so that we could go on our honeymoon early the next morning. Unfortunately, this was not the case.

We lost over four hundred dollars worth of equipment in addition to personal items because Jen did not ensure that the items were packed up and removed from the location. These included, among other irreplaceable things, my wife's grandmother's vase.

When we contacted Jen in an attempt to locate our belongings, she was decidedly unprofessional. She blamed our friends and family for not cleaning up the location and attacked their character. We also learned that Jen approached several of our guests and asked them to help her clean up. This was unacceptable.

When we expressed our disappointment to Jen and informed her of our $400+ loss in belongings, she did not respond in any capacity. We still have not received our items or any monetary compensation, nor have we ever received an apology.

Sent on 03/03/2015