JL Events Reviews

JL Events 6
JL Events 7
  • Jennifer

Jennifer Sung · Married on 06/29/2019

Justina for your wedding/party/event coordinator!

JUSTINA IS THE BEST!!!

I was looking for a little help with planning my wedding in June and Justina was the perfect person to go to!

The biggest help we needed was someone to coordinate with the vendors the day of the wedding so we did the "Intimate" wedding package.

Any questions I had, Justina didn't hesitate to help! She was there with me when we met with the venue manager for the final meeting and was on top of everything! I couldn't have planned this wedding without her and her team! She also introduced me to a florist (JensFloralsDesign) and 2 bartenders that we used for our wedding as well.

I won't have anymore weddings (hopefully) but will definitely ask Justina for her assistance for our 10 year anniversary and baby showers! Thank you so much! :)

Sent on 08/27/2019

Shary · Married on 05/11/2019

Couldn't imagine without JL!

We hired Justina and her staff for our coordinator on our special day and she went above and beyond our expectations. Weeks before the wedding, she met with the venue with us and helped dial in all the details. JL Events took care of everything so that we could focus on making memories. Our wedding was on schedule, she coordinated all our various vendors, and helped setup all the items we didn't even think about so that we didn't miss a beat. We strongly recommend her for any event you have coming up!

Sent on 06/13/2019

Vanessa E · Married on 03/23/2019

You’d be a fool to not hire Justina

Justina is the BEST! If you don't hire her for your wedding you're missing out! She made the planning process leading up to and the actual wedding day stress free for me. She's very professional and organized. You won't regret having her there for one of the most important days of your life.

Sent on 04/12/2019

Jessica · Married on 11/04/2018

Justina and her team were excellent! She was very easy to communicate with and responded promptly. Before the big day she came down to look at the venue and went over step by step double checking everything that needed to go down that day.

On the day of she was extremely professional and was on top of everything. The last thing the bride needs to worry about is her vendors setting up on time and correctly, but Justina made sure everything went smoothly.

She made sure that everything was 100% okay before leaving. We only needed her assistance for the first half of the day and she made it absolutely perfect

Thank you Justina and your team!

Sent on 09/09/2018

Andrea Frainier · Married on 10/13/2018

1000% Recommend JL Events

I can't emphasis enough how wonderful Justina and her crew were leading up to my wedding and on the day itself. When I started planning my wedding, a few friends advised me to a hire a day-of coordinator for the event, and I'm glad I found Justina (rather, my mother discovered her and immediately called me to say that I should book her after their initial conversation because of her helpfulness).

After we booked JL Events, Justina gave me a worksheet and digital folder so I can keep track of wedding details and vendor contracts. A few months before the wedding, we met with Justina to go over the wedding details. She immediately jumped in and started coordinating with our vendors, including keeping track of payments, making sure my "vision" was coming to life and answered all of our questions through phone calls, emails, texts and in-person meetings.

On the day of the wedding, she and her assistant made sure everything went smoothly. From coordinating the first look, to setting up the reception decor, welcoming guests to the ceremony and even bustling my dress, they were awesome. Our wedding fell a little behind schedule, but Justina made sure we got back on track, and accommodated all of our requests. After the wedding, she arranged a call to de-brief about the day and to make sure it lived up to our vision. I thought this a nice detail, and appreciated that she took the time to follow-up with us. I definitely recommend JL Events if you're looking for a coordinator or event planner.

Sent on 12/31/2018

Monica M. · Married on 10/12/2018

Amazing, responsive throughout the wedding planning!

Justina was our day-of coordinator during our wedding and all I can say is, WOW. She and her team truly did an amazing job. She even fixed my husband's coat when one of the buttons was almost falling out. Communication was exactly as described in our contract. In fact, I'm sure she even went above and beyond during the whole wedding planning. Justina was very organized and her input truly made a difference during our wedding day. There were many things I did not even think about that Justina brought up (and I'm super thankful that she did!). Her team was also very helpful and ready on the day of. Thank you so much! I have and will definitely refer her to others! DON'T EVEN HESITATE, JUST BOOK HER ALREADY

Sent on 10/18/2018

Jen · Married on 10/07/2018

Dream wedding planner!

Justina was amazing to work with throughout our wedding planning process. From the initial kickoff meeting to the final debrief of the wedding, Justina was professional, personable, organized, and understanding. Since we planned a destination wedding, we relied on Justina to help with sourcing local vendors and reassuring me that this decision to plan a destination wedding was a good one :) She helped me find vendors within my budget, kept a payment schedule for me, and became the main point of contact with several vendors. And that's the short list of what she actually helped with! On the day of, she and her team ensured the smoothest wedding ever. All my guests were impressed with the flow of the wedding and they all left saying it was the best wedding ever. Not possible without Justina and her team! Thank you thank you!

Sent on 11/20/2018
  • Anh

Anh · Married on 08/25/2018

Super easy to work with and took care of everything!

First and foremost our wedding was a huge success, in large part due to Justina, Muong, and all of the day of coordinators that helped throughout the day. We are so happy to have went with JL Events and would recommend them to anyone looking for wedding coordination. It really did make it easier for us to plan and just not have to worry about too many things on our special day. We are very pleased with how it all turned out.

From our initial planning meetings, conference calls, to the walk through and ultimately our special day, they came prepared and were professional. Sure little things came up that we really couldn’t control, but it was all sorted out and we really couldn't have imagined it going so well.

I have to admit we were kind of guinea pigs being one of the first weddings where Justina (the owner) was not going to be there as she had to coordinate for another wedding. Yes we were a tad bit nervous. But as soon as our day started Muong and her team eased our stress and allowed us to enjoy the day. They just got things done with minimal input from us and that is what we liked. To not have to deal with those things really did make it nice for us.

So if you are thinking about getting wedding coordinators, I would reach out to JL Events and see if they can help you. Not only did they execute on our day, they let us borrow a dozen wedding decorations and random things that we were able to save money on. Also, they referred us to some awesome bartenders we ended up using.

To sum this all up: we are happy! :)

Sent on 11/02/2018

Jordan R Rangel · Married on 08/04/2018

Exceeded all expectations!

Justina and team were everything we could have imagined and more. She is so much more than "a day of coordinator." Justina encouraged me to send vendor contracts and keep her updated MONTHS before our wedding and she made sure to send monthly check-ins with tasks that we should be working on, it was incredibly helpful. Justina's rates are unbelievably reasonable for her work.

Our wedding had more than your standard set up with many pieces, displays and small touches coming from us directly instead of vendors. To handle that Justina added additional people to her team (all at no charge to us) and executed everything flawlessly.

If you're still looking or planning to meet with other potential wedding coordinators, don't! There is no need to luck further...if Justina is available on your wedding date, BOOK HER!

Sent on 12/10/2018

Ara · Married on 07/14/2018

Justina was very good at communicating with our vendors. We rented out a historic house as our wedding reception venue, and she did an amazing job to make sure the break down of the event happened smoothly and made sure the venue was not damaged and had put everything back in place if any alteration had happend for our event.

Whatever we had communicated to her, she did her best to make it happen. We had a walk through and just before the wedding we had a very detailed phone call. So as much as detail that I provided, she was able to deliver.

I’d highly recommend her and her team!

Sent on 07/11/2018
    JL Events 8
    JL Events 9
    JL Events 10

Muey · Married on 07/07/2018

Hiring Justina as my wedding coordinator was one of the best decisions I made. She was professional, reliable, and so was so responsive during the entire process. She checked in with me consistently and always made great suggestions throughout the months leading up to the wedding.

On the day of the wedding, she showed up with her team and delivered! I didn't have to worry about a thing. I am so grateful that she was able to take my vision and plan and coordinate everything while I celebrated with my husband without any worries!

Sent on 10/12/2018
    JL Events 11
    JL Events 12

Helen · Married on 05/05/2018

I initially met Justina because she coordinated my sisters wedding last year. I had a sense of her work ethic and knew right away that her knowledge and organizational skills in wedding coordinating was at a high level.

I'm so glad that Justina and her team coordinated the day of wedding. No bride or groom should be running around planning their wedding day. Justina and her team are AMAZING. We had so many small details in our wedding and with 2 hours her and her team were able to set everything up.

To give you an idea of what we had, our center pieces had 3 cylinder vases with fairy lights that needed to be placed and turned on, 3 votive lights that needed to be set and lit, table numbers and floral arrangements. Our venue had a donut wall which her and her team placed the donuts on and we had a self serve boba bar. With a small window to set this all up Justina and her team were able to do that. They unpacked all of our things and packed it all at the end of the night.

Long story short. Anytime I needed something Justina or her assistance were there without even asking. An example is: After the grand entrance my bridesmaids asked oh where are you going to put your bouquet and I wondered hmm it's ok. I'll put it on the table and there was Justina's assistant with the vase for my bouquet.

Throughout the night and even leading into the ceremony Justina provided me a time check when I asked and let me know where we had time and not to worry.

I highly recommend Justina and her team. There is so much more that happens in one day and all I can say was that I did not regret choosing her as my coordinator. Leading up to the wedding she did a monthly check in from 6 months to 1 month so her "day of coordination" goes beyond one day.

Sent on 05/13/2018

JL Events 21
    JL Events 22
    JL Events 23

Allison · Married on 03/31/2018

I didn't know how bad we needed Justina for our wedding planning until we started working with her. She definitely knows what she's doing. She was so thoughtful and brought to our attention all the details we needed to think through for our diy wedding. The day of she was so great in working with the vendors and all my family members who helped set up. When the audio had some difficulties she handled it discretely and with ease. We are so thankful for her and her assistant's help.

Sent on 05/31/2018
    JL Events 24
    JL Events 25
    JL Events 26

Clara · Married on 11/08/2017

We hired Justina as a day of coordinator for our November 2017 wedding. Overall, we were happy with JL Events, our wedding ceremony and reception turned out just as we envisioned it and everything was PERFECT. Justina was quick with follow up and great at communicating with us and all our vendors. Also, having a "go-to" person making sure our wedding events ran on time was a blessing. Wedding planning is very stressful and expensive so having an extra pair of hands and eyes on the big day was a tremendous help. That being said, it's good to make sure you have trusted family and friends on hand willing to help on wedding day since sneaky surprises are bound to happen.

Sent on 04/24/2018

Marsha · Married on 09/30/2017

We hired Justina for our 300+ guest wedding on a boat in Sept 2017. Given such a large wedding, I knew a day of coordinator was a must-have for us. Finding a coordinator within our budget was actually one of the hardest vendor searches I did. Some of the ones I came across were WAY too expensive, some were all booked for my date, and one just didn't seem like a good fit after the initial meeting. I hired Justina right away after our first meeting. She seemed experienced, spoke Cantonese (a huge bonus since a lot of my guests speak primarily Cantonese), was within our budget, and had simple pricing. Her package price included up to two assistants, when others usually charge extra for each assistant they bring.

Justina was very professional, organized, and calm, which is everything a bride needs to keep her sane during wedding planning. She gave good suggestions for our timeline, and did a great job of developing relationships with our vendors the month before the wedding. She has great vendor references too, so it's probably best to hire her early on in your wedding planning so you can take advantage of them.

Justina and her assistants were absolutely amazing the day of the wedding. No matter how organized of a bride you are, there will always be last minute/day of decisions that the coordinator will have to make on behalf of the couple. The decisions she made were the same ones we would have made ourselves. I had a lot of guests which were difficult to manage and communicate with. She managed them like a pro, and didn't hesitate to break out her Cantonese when needed. Justina and her team also did a wonderful job in setting up our decor, and also took their own pictures of the decor and key parts of the wedding that your photographer may not capture (like the moment right before you walk down the aisle).

There were definitely hiccups during the wedding, but we owe it to Justina for making sure our wedding was one to remember for us and our guests!

Sent on 10/30/2017

Jennifer · Married on 09/01/2017

We hired Justina a month before our wedding and it was the best decision we made! We could not have executed our day without her. Justina is timely in her responses and she helped to make my vision come to life. The day of our wedding, we had a couple hiccups and she was able to resolve it quickly and keep the show rolling! If you have not hired a coordinator, then hire Justina!

Sent on 10/02/2017
  • Q

Quynh · Married on 09/01/2017

Justina was our day of coordinator at our wedding on 9/1/2017 and did an amazing job. She executed our (our = the wife) vision exactly how she envisioned it. Everything was flawless! She was always very responsive to all of our questions throughout the whole process and is very organized. We couldn't have done it without her.

If you're wondering if you could make do without a coordinator on the day of like we thought just to save some money, then you are mistaken. Hire her! You will not regret it. I promise!

Thank you again Justina! Everything was perfect!

Sent on 10/02/2017

Kevin · Married on 08/19/2017

--Review written by my wife. Unfortunately Wedding Wire has a strict character limit, so we posted a more complete review on a popular website for reviews.--

The #1 piece of advice I received from all my married friends was: hire a day of coordinator. Even though my husband and I were planning our wedding ourselves, we wanted a DOC so we could relax and actually enjoy our day. But for some reason, out of all the wedding vendors, we had the toughest time finding the right DOC. After contacting other potential candidates who we just didn't quite click with or who wouldn't work within our budget, we were so happy to find Justina. When we first met her, she seemed knowledgeable and had a calm confidence, plus her package pricing was reasonable. We felt that we'd be in good hands so we hired her right away. When we explained that we liked to plan things ourselves and might not need as much help as other couples, she was understanding and supportive in letting us take the lead while also still lending her expertise. Even though we hired her as a day of coordinator, Justina was so much more!

Overall our wedding day went really well and stayed on schedule, thanks to Justina and her assistant. They did a wonderful job—from managing all the vendors and setup to making sure the venue was clean and tidy at the end of the night so we'd get our deposit back. They also kept our card box and gifts safe all night and packed our personal items and decor to take home after the wedding.

Sent on 04/30/2018

Nancy · Married on 07/01/2017

On July 1st, I had my wedding at crowne plaza in Palo Alto. On the day of, her and her assistant, Dana worked tiredlessly to make sure everything went perfect and it DID!

Everything went perfectly and it was all because of Justina! We hired her as wedding coordinator because we felt like we needed more than just a day of coordinator.

Justina is everything you would look for in a planner. We knew we needed a planner, and we didn't know who to hire but we were happy to stumble across her while searching for one on the web.

She answers emails, phone calls and text promptly. She's not like other wedding vendors where you book them and then they are unresponsive. She takes her job super seriously and doesn't procrastinate on anything. She is extremely professional and detail oriented.

I find her prices to be extremely reasonable. She's worth every penny. She will go above and beyond for you. I will be recommending all my friends to her.

HIRE HER! you will not regret it!

Sent on 08/01/2017

Jennifer · Married on 05/06/2017

I interviewed several people before hiring Justina on the spot. I knew from our initial meeting that she'd be someone that you can really count on. Plus, she's also got a really calm, patient, and confident demeanor.

My wedding was just a day ago, and I can't thank her and her team enough for executing my wedding everything so perfectly, from start to finish. She was also a valuable resource for great vendors. I chose her recommendations on the chairs/lighting/furniture rental, wedding cake, photo-booth, and wedding favor (macarons).

She was really thorough and spent a lot of time with me to planning the entire timeline out, and making sure we didn't leave any details behind. And now that the wedding is over, I can say
    that everything worked out really well and there were no unexpected surprises.

I highly recommend Justina for all of your wedding day needs!

Sent on 05/08/2017

Rubi · Married on 03/25/2017

Justina was my day of coordinator for my 3/25/17 wedding, and I couldn't have been more pleased. Justina is friendly, easy to work with, helpful and attentive. She reached out to my vendors well in advance to handle the logistics and made herself available months before the big day. On the day of my wedding, not only was she on hand to make sure everything ran smoothly, but she even helped me into my dress when everyone else in my bridal party was too busy to mind the bride!

The best part of working with Justina was that I knew my wedding was in good hands. If I needed anything or wanted to make a last minute, Justina was there. I had a wonderful and stress-free wedding day thanks to Justina! And at the end of the night, she and her assistant packed up my reception items and hauled them up to my hotel room so that I didn't have to worry about it.

In sum, thumbs up for Justina at JL Events!

Sent on 05/16/2017

Michelle · Married on 03/18/2017

I'm so happy we went with JL events to execute our wedding day! Our initial meeting with Justina showed us that she really knew was she was doing, she had everything outlined for us and was very organized. She always promptly responded to any questions or concerns we had and was of course prompt for our rehearsal and wedding day. She periodically checked in with me to make sure I was staying on track with my planning too!

Justina understood what vision I was going for and executed it exactly how I had imagined. She was in close contact with all our vendors, created a clear timeline of how the day panned out, and everything seemed to work out smoothly. Justina and her team also worked quickly to resolve a minor issue we had with our centerpieces (silly me, I should have tested how hot the glass vases got with flamed candles) - my centerpieces were cracking due to the heat from the candles so they all worked quickly to blow out all the flames. This was a true testament in her ability to take care of the inevitable wedding day mishaps.

I would definitely recommend JL Events services to anyone I know looking for an event coordinator. Thanks, Justina!

Sent on 01/09/2018

Ricky · Married on 10/15/2016

We couldn't have been happier with Justina and her crew! From start to finish, she was professional and got a tough job done. Our wedding was going to be relatively simple, except for the fact that a week before the wedding, a torrential downpour was in the forecast! Justina not only helped keep us at ease on the day of, but she also hustled with her crew and had to do a last minute change of plans at the venue to bring the entire ceremony indoors. We had confidence in her that no matter what, she was there for us and she would get it done.

It was hands down the best day and we couldn't have done it without her! Her prices are reasonable and she kept in close communication, especially when handling all of the logistics with our vendors, photographer, etc.

She also had good recommendations and we ended up using the bakery she recommended. Delicious! Thank you Justina & team for making our big day wonderful :)

Sent on 12/06/2017

Michelle · Married on 09/24/2016

My husband and I are so happy and lucky to have had Justina as our wedding coordinator. She is super prompt, organized, reliable and responsible. We found her prices to be extremely reasonable. My husband and I had agreed to plan as much as possible on our own and have her as our day of coordinator - she guided us throughout our planning w monthly deadlines and suggestions. The month of: she helped execute our timeline, met w us continuously and our vendors, and helped execute our wedding. She had been very patient and flexible w us throughout the wedding planning process. Everything we planned for came true.

Sent on 12/12/2017