Jessica Roop Beauty & Boudoir Reviews

37 Reviews for Jessica Roop Beauty & Boudoir

1 User photo

Jessica Roop Beauty & Boudoir 1
  • User3193708 · 2+ years ago

Jessica was amazing. She made my bridesmaids and myself look great. I only got about 2 hours of sleep the night before the big day. I was tired, swollen, and hungover. Jessica made me look and feel so beautiful, I was able to forget how exhausted I was. She also made the trial very easy, and was very flexible. She was prompt and was very aware of how much time she would need based in the jobs requested. I would recommend her for any special occasion.

Sent on 04/12/2013

Renee · Married on 09/01/2012

Jess was the final piece of my wedding which equaled perfection. You know those before and after photo's of brides transforming into something off the red carpet? Yes, Jessica did that for me. She is so wonderful to work with. So experienced, into the latest trends and so amazing at what she does. Usually I have been nervous in the past when I'm getting any updo's, ect. With Jess, you will feel very comfortable because she knows exactly what she is doing, she is a natural!!! Speaking of comfortable... talking with her while she was doing my hair on the morning of my wedding must've calmed me from a stress level of 10 to a zero. She's earned a client for life... anytime I need my hair done for an important event - I'm booking with her immediately! She is truly a great talent and you will not regret booking her for your wedding or event... she's the best!!!

Sent on 10/05/2012
  • User2030849 · 2+ years ago

Jess was AMAZING to work with! She did a beautiful job on my hair and my bridesmaids' hair & makeup for my wedding, and it looked perfect even at the end of the night! We did a hair trial a few months before so I could decide on a style. Jess was full of ideas and had some great tips. On the day of the wedding, she arrived at our hotel with plenty of time to set up, creating a relaxed atmosphere so no one felt rushed. She did gorgeous eye makeup on the bridesmaids! Each bridesmaid chose their hairstyle and they were all different, but Jess did a great job making sure they all looked good together. I would definitely recommend Jessica Roop for your wedding!

Sent on 08/28/2012

Jessica · Married on 06/23/2012

I could not be happier that Jess was able to do my hair and makeup for my wedding! She listened to exactly what I wanted -- I gave her some pretty vague ideas, so she had a lot of suggestions for things to do. After my trial, I decided I wanted to change the front of my hair a bit -- she was extremely accomodating, and on my wedding day, she was able to adjust for exactly what I wanted. My makeup was also absolutely perfect -- I looked like myself, just polished, which is exactly what you want for your wedding makeup! Jess also did hair for a few of my bridesmaids and brought another colleague to help with the others. All the girls were extremely happy with their results. Jess is extremely professional and so good at what she does -- I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for an amazing hair & makeup artist!

Sent on 08/26/2012

Emily · Married on 09/24/2011

Jess was incredible. She did a fabulous job with all of my bridesmaids. They all looked amazing!!

Amanda · Married on 09/17/2011

Jess did a terrific job of making me beautiful on my wedding day! I received hundreds of compliments on my hair and makeup and I loved it as well! I was even impressed that my hair and makeup lasted all day even through our outdoor photos in the wind and through all of our dancing! Thanks again for a job well done :)

Monica · Married on 09/21/2013

Jessica is fantastic! Not only does she do fabulous work, making you look your best for the occasion, but she is also incredibly thorough with her consultations. She's especially personable and easy to work with! I highly recommend her for your next event!

Sent on 11/22/2013

Katie · Married on 05/25/2013

I used Jessica as the hairstylist for my wedding and would definitely recommend her services. She did my hair, as well as 5 bridesmaids and 2 moms. All this was completed in even less time than she originally estimated, and looked great. Everyone in my bridal party commented that they really liked their hair, and each bridesmaid (and the moms) got a different style based on exactly what they wanted. I personally am not great with hair and pretty much don't know how to do anything with mine other than flat iron it, and Jessica was great at taking the minimal direction I gave her and turning it into a beautiful hairstyle. I was very happy with how it looked. Everyone's hair held up well throughout the day, even though some of the styles were completed in the early morning due to my wedding day schedule. Jessica's services are also very well priced for the quality of service she provides. I'm glad I used her for my wedding!

Sent on 10/06/2013

Julianna · Married on 06/30/2012

Jessica was wonderful for my wedding in June. She came to the house for the trial where we figured out what style I wanted for the big day and convinced me that fake lashes can look amazing (so glad I wore them, they looked awesome in pictures)! She came to the hotel to do both hair and make-up for me and did two of my bridesmaid's hair. It all came out beautifully. I hesitated at the price at first but if you want to indulge and want to know you are in fantastic hands for your wedding, I highly recommend going for it. Also, especially compared to prices for updos for bridesmaids, Jessica's prices were competitive plus you can enjoy getting ready with your girls in your own space.

Sent on 07/31/2012

Jessica · Married on 10/12/2013

Jessica did an amazing job on my wedding makeup and my bridesmaid's makeup! She did exactly what I asked for and always made sure everything was perfect and the way I wanted it. All my bridesmaid's loved their makeup and it lasted the whole night!

Sent on 11/24/2013

Kristin · Married on 10/01/2011

Jess did my hair and makeup for my wedding as well as the hair for 4 of my bridesmaids. She did a great job on all five of us all while being very laid-back, reassuring, and professional. I would highly recommend Jess for any bride looking for a hair and makeup artist, especially one like me who is a little lost when it comes to hair and makeup. She was able to help me look the way I wanted even though I had trouble articulating it.

Abby · Married on 06/20/2014

3.4
      2.0
      3.0
      3.0

After searching for a stylist that was not outrageously priced, yet was highly reviewed, I hired Jessica. Her prices were slightly less than some stylists I contacted.

During the trial she did two hair styles, neither was 100% what I wanted, but she planned to do things from each of the styles. She did my airbrush make-up, with false lashes, during the trial as well. After doing a trial with Jessica, I had concerns that my hair would not be exactly like I would want it, which was a true vintage style with 2-3 large pin curls and a high/big swooped bang (think vintage hollywood), but after spending $205 on the trial ($100 hair, $105 make-up), I hesitated to book another stylist.

The day of my wedding Jessica arrived on time and did hair and make-up for my mom, sister, younger cousin and myself. Everyone's hair and make-up turned out well and Jessica did do touch-ups prior to leaving. My hairstyle turned out very well and I had many compliments on the vintage look. Jessica nailed it!

She did however, leave before helping us place my veil into my style. My mom and sister handled it, but we were disappointed she left without helping; she did practice with it during the trial.

We have received our wedding photos and video and I was disappointed to see that in photos taken 1 hour after my hair style was completed, the curl/bobbypin was falling out and sticking off my head at a 90 degree angle (we were not running, in the wind, etc.). This may be minor, but when I paid over $200 for a stylist, I'd expect my hair to hold for that time. Thankfully my mom and sister were able to fix it when I arrived to the ceremony site. Several other photos post-ceremony also have hair in the back falling out of the pins, which was very disappointing.

The other's hair and make-up held fairly well throughout, but did have a few pins fall out as well.

Overall I was happy the day of (which is what mattered), but disappointed after seeing the photos.

Sent on 08/01/2014