Jessica Roop Beauty & Boudoir Reviews

37 Reviews for Jessica Roop Beauty & Boudoir

1 User photo

Jessica Roop Beauty & Boudoir 1

Abby · Married on 04/07/2019

Jessica is extremely talented!

Jessica Roop is an extremely talented stylist, makeup artist and photographer. I hired Jessica to do hair and makeup for my wedding. Since she is a photographer, she reviewed my wedding photographer’s style & lighting to determine the amount of makeup to apply. I loved my wedding hair and makeup and my bridesmaids looked gorgeous! Jessica is very organized, professional and wonderful to work with.

Sent on 04/25/2019

Gina · Married on 03/18/2018

Jessica was hands down the best decision I made in the entire wedding planning process. She is so wonderful, this review won't even do her justice. I had a brunch wedding and our start time for hair and makeup was 4:00. She was there on time and I never had a single worry about her being there and working magic. I went to my initial hair trial and left feeling great. I looked at her Instagram and decided to look into boudoir photography. It wasn't something I had ever considered, but I couldn't imagine doing it with anyone other than Jessica because she was so nice and made me feel so comfortable. It isn't cheap. But I cannot even begin to describe how worth every single penny I paid on it the boudoir shoot was. I felt so incredibly empowered and she made me feel like a model. Not to mention the photos are AMAZING. She is truly the best. For someone who was trying so hard to not pay a lot for my wedding, I really hated the idea of spending that amount of money on hair/makeup/photography, but I can say that it was easily the best money I spent. I cannot possibly recommend her enough. Also, all her pricing is online and accurate. Which is the BEST because quote forms stress me out. :)

Sent on 03/23/2018
    Jessica Roop Beauty & Boudoir 2

Allie · Married on 11/11/2017

I worked with Jessica for my wedding hair and makeup and she and her assistant also did the hair and makeup of the MOB and MOG and hair for a few of my bridesmaids. I first reached out to Jessica because of her the natural beauty and elegance of the brides in her portfolio - no one looked overdone, but everyone looked pretty and polished! Jessica worked with me to find a good time to meet for my trial, which was a challenge given that I don’t live in Austin! When the first foundation we tried was a bit too dark, she gave it another go to find the right match for what I was looking for. She uses airbrush, which lasts all day and night! She also included a touch up kit which I honestly didn’t use much, beyond the lip gloss, which my MOH ended up having all night! But should you find you have some oil, there are blotting sheets, or if something is out of place, there are bobby pins and hairspray! Overall, both my hair and makeup turned out to be absolutely gorgeous - it was a bit more than I am used to wearing every day makeup-wise, but you absolutely need this if you want it to show up in photos! As for my hair - it stayed in place ALL night and I have super heavy, thick hair that normally bobby pins and hairspray just can’t save. I highly recommend Jessica - not only is she super talented, but she is also an absolute joy! Something you must have in your hair and makeup artist given that you are sitting there for a bit for both your trial and day of services!

Sent on 11/20/2017

Ariella · Married on 11/04/2017

Jessica did my hair and makeup for my wedding, but I also wanted to work with her for those services because I saw she did boudoir as well! This was a great idea, as I was able to get comfortable with her during my hair and makeup trial and also try a whole other look for my boudoir hair and makeup! I chose Jessica, as her work is very tasteful. It is sexy, girl-next-door, and never raunchy or cheesy. The entire time we were shooting, she made me feel like a million bucks and the photos were equally as incredible. She really knows how to coach you during the shoot to position your body in the most flattering ways and to get some great smoldering as well as natural facial expressions, so don’t worry if you aren’t a model! I never felt rushed or self-conscious, and trust me, I have always had body image issues. Doing the boudoir shoot was huge for my self-esteem and my husband LOVED his gift that I gave him the night before the wedding. Not just because it had some sexy photos in it, but because so many of the photos also just captured the every day beauty he sees in me. Even if you aren’t getting married and just considering doing this as a gift to your significant other or even for yourself, please do it! You won’t regret it!

Sent on 11/20/2017

Jessica · Married on 11/02/2017

Jessica was AMAZING! She made me feel so comfortable and relaxed before and during our session. I could not have dreamed up a better experience. She has such talent as a photographer and also as a hair and makeup artist. When we did the Big Reveal, my jaw was on the floor with how beautiful the images were. I just couldn't believe it. The boudoir photos were a present for my husband-to - be for his wedding gift. He ADORED them. I will recommend Jessica to any and everyone!

Sent on 01/10/2018

Betsy · Married on 10/21/2017

I really loved working with Jessica. She was super down to earth, flexible, fun, and so talented with both hair and makeup. I could tell that she really wanted me to be totally satisfied. I had a few hair and skin crises leading up to and on the day of my wedding, and she was happy to answer all of my questions and reassure me about my concerns (e.g., my face was so red and blotchy on the day of my wedding... she promised me she could cover it up, and she totally delivered - my skin looked great). My hair and makeup lasted all night, my mom/stepmom/mother-in-law all felt like a million bucks, and my bridesmaids loved their hair (her assistant Renee did an awesome job). I highly recommend Jessica!!

Sent on 10/30/2017
  • Claire

Claire · Married on 10/28/2016

I'm so happy I chose Jessica to do hair and makeup for me and my bridal party! She was so responsive and easy to work with! It was so nice having her come to us to do hair and makeup - made the day so much easier! I loved my hair and makeup and it stayed in place all night. She even gave me a little "touch-up" bag with my lip stick color, hair spray, bobby pins, and blotting sheets just in case I needed them throughout the night. Highly recommend!!

Sent on 11/07/2016

Lauren · Married on 09/24/2016

Jessica did an amazing job with my wedding day makeup! She created and shared a Pinterest board to add photos I liked for makeup. She created the perfect bridal look!!! My mom and bridesmaids all loved her! I would highly recommend her for any ATX or hill country wedding. Thank you Jessica!

Sent on 10/07/2016
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 09/18/2016

I used Jessica for my bridal portraits and for my wedding day. She definitely exceeded my expectations, my hair stayed in place and my make-up was absolutely flawless. She takes bridal beauty to a whole new level, not to mention she is the sweetest!! The day of my wedding I was super busy, we had to rearrange a few girls around the hair and make-up schedule, which she puts together herself ahead of time, which took stress off me, due to them helping me with reception details, she was so accommodating, even made a special trip to my reception venue, to double check my hair, make-up and do a few touch ups before my big walk down the aisle. I highly recommend Jessica, I will be using her again!

Sent on 10/15/2016

Jessica was great to work with! Not only was she super personable and fun, she has amazing talent. I felt absolutely beautiful on my wedding day thanks to Jessica :) Absolutely would recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 06/02/2016
  • BecomingMrsDavis

Nicole · Married on 04/22/2016

I still feel so incredibly lucky to have found Jessica! I had no idea what to look for when I initially started my search for a hair/makeup artist for my wedding, but when I found Jessica on WW and noticed the Chicago area phone number, I knew she had to be good people. Going to her in-home studio for my trial really sealed the deal, I felt absolutely beautiful when I left there and it was so much fun talking with her. On my wedding day, she not only did my hair/makeup, but my 2 matron of honors as well. They both looked gorgeous and I was beyond thrilled with my hair and makeup for the day, Jessica really helped me create the perfect bridal look for my day! Jessica, you truly are a talented artist, and I wish you lived next door so you could do my hair/makeup every single day!

Sent on 04/25/2016

Daniela · Married on 03/19/2016

Jessica did an amazing job on both me, my mom, and my bridesmaids! Everyone looked flawless in the pictures! She planned everything out very well, and got back to me super fast every time I had an questions. I highly recommend her!!

Sent on 07/06/2016

Laura · Married on 03/12/2016

Jessica did an amazing job for me as well as my bridal party for my wedding! She was so accommodating and came out to the venue to do our hair and my makeup. Everyone in the bridal party was so happy with what she did with their hair and I was completely in love with what she did with my hair! My hair looked great through a warm outdoor wedding to the end of a night of dancing, it was perfect! She is so nice and friendly, it felt like she was just another friend their with us getting ready! I highly recommend you book Jessica for your beauty needs in Austin!

Sent on 07/15/2016

Meagan · Married on 12/04/2015

I found Jessica Roop on weddingwire. I booked a trial with her and was so pleased with my hair and make up. She was very responsive to any emails I sent her way and happily answered all of my questions! On the day of my wedding she went above and beyond with all of my bridesmaids and my own hair and make up. We were blown away at what a great job she did! We also got many compliments from guests at how great our hair and make up looked. In addition to all of this, my bridesmaids and I enjoyed talking with Jessica and the second stylist she brought, Kaitlin, while getting ready. They made our morning stress free and relaxed which is what every bride needs. I can't recommend her enough!

Sent on 12/06/2015

Jennifer · Married on 11/14/2015

I'm not a super girly, girl, but Jessica made me feel absolutely beautiful -- both a my trial and on the day of my wedding. I live in New York and appreciated her flexibility in having my trial only 2 days before the wedding; I posted some images to a shared Pinterest board that she had setup, so even though we only had time to try one hairstyle for my trial, it was exactly what I was looking for. She was easy to work with and enjoyable to talk with while she was styling my hair and makeup.

She came to the venue and styled hair for 4 and makeup for 3 on my wedding day. Jessica did a wonderful job, and if I lived in Austin, I would definitely work with her again. Can't say enough good things!

Sent on 11/19/2015
  • Natalie

Natalie · Married on 10/11/2015

Jessica is AMAZING! Book her now.

So, I'm an NYC bride getting married in Austin. When looking for a hair/makeup artist, I had no idea where to start. There are so many options and I was slightly overwhelmed. When I came across Jessica's page, I liked her pictures, her pricing seemed slightly more affordable, and she had good reviews, so I made a leap of faith and booked her.

Well...I picked the right person! She honestly was the icing on the cake of the whole wedding weekend. Not only did she adjust her schedule so I could squeeze my trial into such a short window, but she's the whole package! She's friendly, listens to what you want, and I felt like I had just walked onto the red carpet. I'm not kidding. I am almost embarrassed at how many compliments I got. My hair and makeup is exactly what I envisioned, and it lasted through the 97 degree heat and all the way to the after party. She also did my 3 bridesmaids' hair, and they looked beautiful. And, she comes to you! My bridesmaids and I were able to relax and get ready at the venue with Jessica, so there was no last minute rushing or stress. She was practically one of the girls! I didn't know the morning of your wedding could be that stress-free! Jessica, thank you!!!

Sent on 11/02/2015

K · Married on 09/19/2015

She is AMAZING! I asked Jessica to do my make-up for our Engagement Photos. I also called her the day of the shoot - so last minute! But she got me in, did my make-up, as well as tease my hair for me!, no problem. Not only is she incredibly talented at what she does - but she is SO easy to be around and talk to. I have had my make-up done before for weddings and such, but no one has compared to Jessica. She made me feel beautiful, and I felt so confident taking the pictures later that day. If you want to have your make-up done by anyone in Austin, Texas - you MUST have Jessica Roop as your make-up artist! :-)

Sent on 06/10/2015

Geena · Married on 08/28/2015

I found Jessica on Wedding Wire and I'm so happy I booked her for my wedding! Her prices are competitive and she is very talented! I only used her for hair services but I've seen pictures of her work in makeup and I would've used her for that too if I hadn't already booked someone else. My hair is pretty thin so I had to come back for another trial because the look I wanted ended up requiring extensions. I came back a week later for a second run and Jessica nailed it. I think my hair came out even better on my wedding day! I felt beautiful and my hair did not move or fall down the entire night. She's so nice, easy to talk to and she definitely listens to what you want so you won't be disappointed. She also worked on my bridesmaids' hair too and all of them got so many compliments! Thank you Jessica!

Sent on 09/18/2015

Kristine · Married on 08/01/2015

I had a really hard time choosing a makeup and hair stylist. I am not the kind of girl that wears a lot of makeup, typically only eye makeup. I found Jessica on Wedding Wire and am glad I did. Jessica brought out a 2nd artist and did a great job. We got so many complements on our makeup, which lasted all night even in triple digit temperatures! She is so fun to hang out with and while we were all getting ready we had a great time listening to music and having a great conversation. I'm so happy I chose Jessica! There are many out there but Jessica does a truly awesome job and you will look beautiful! Her prices are good also!

Sent on 08/09/2015

Caitlin · Married on 07/12/2014

Jessica did a phenomenal job on my, my mom's, and all my bridesmaids' hair. We were quite a big group, so she brought an equally wonderful assistant. Everyone, in a wide variety of styles, looked and felt amazing.

I especially appreciate that Jessica does two different styles at your trial. I ended up wanting a hybrid of both, and she made sure that I was perfectly happy with the results on my wedding day. Also, Jessica is just a really fun and nice person to chat with--exactly the kind of person you want to be around on your wedding day.

Sent on 09/20/2014

Meredith · Married on 10/19/2013

I hired Jessica for my wedding. She was great with figuring out how many girls I would need to take care of my bridal party. She found 2 other girls to help, which saved me the trouble. Jess did both my hair and makeup and it was absolutely beautiful! Everyone loved my hair and I got compliments all night. She also did 4 of my bridesmaids hair and they looked great too! I've had my hair/makeup done many times and Jess is the only one who actually can match a photo perfectly. All my girls brought in pictures and she copied it. For my hair she took the photo I brought and made it 10 times better. I will recommend her to everyone. She's the absolute best!

Sent on 11/15/2013

Colleen · Married on 10/05/2013

Jessica Roop was absolutely fabulous for my wedding! All of the girls loved their hair and makeup. They were very easy going with the requests we made and just wanted to make sure we all looked our best!

Sent on 11/22/2013

Lisa · Married on 06/01/2013

Jessica was fantastic. I hired her to do my wedding hair and make-up along with my wedding parties hair and make-up. She was suppose to spend 2 hours on my trial run but actually was with me for close to 3 because she wanted to make sure she got exactly what I wanted and didn't settle for anything less. She is so thoughtful that the next morning after my trial run she contacted me to make sure my curls held all night. On my wedding day it rained and was muggy but my hair and make-up stayed in place all night. All my bridesmaids loved their hair and make-up too. The best part is she is comparable to major salons as far as price and gives you a kit to have throughout your wedding day that has a mini lip gloss of what she applies, facial oil wipes, and hair products just in case you need a touch up (which I never did). I would definitely recommend her for your big day.

Sent on 07/22/2013

Jessica did an amazing job on my hair and makeup. I highly recommend her.

Sent on 07/29/2013

Katie · Married on 04/20/2013

Jessica was extremely professional as well as personable. She really listened to what I wanted and made my hair look perfect on the big day!

Sent on 07/29/2013