Jessica Ashley Events Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner

Vivian L. Married on 09/10/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Outstanding! So glad we had Jessica on our side. Could not have managed the wedding with out her and get incredible team.

Jessica was always so poised and professional but at the same time understanding and kind. She listened and added more dimension to our ideas. The vendor team she put together was first class and could not have been a better group that worked seamlessly together under her guidance and eye for detail. Highly recommend and only wish I had more daughters so I could work with her again and again! Worth every penny and then some!
    Blake K. Married on 08/13/2022

Absolutely amazing

Jessica and her mom were complete lifesavers on my wedding day. We had them as month of coordinators and they did so much more than that. They handled every single detail on my wedding day and made sure I didn't have to lift a finger. We had several calls to ensure they understood everything I envisioned. The wedding was at a family home, so we had a LOT of vendors. They communicated with all of my vendors and kept records of everything. Everything day of went perfectly!!! They were there to help me change, ensure everything I needed was at my table, and were SO incredibly helpful. I HIGHLY recommend them!!
  • Lara
    Lara C. Married on 10/16/2021

The BEST wedding planner

Jessica was referred by a friend and hiring her was the best decision I made for my wedding! She is organized, attentive to details, creative, and very responsive. She knows and works well with all the vendors. She came up with a beautiful design, and it worked out perfectly. I highly recommend her!
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
    Kate Married on 10/08/2021

Jessica is the best!

I worked with Jessica for the design of my wedding, and after going through the whole process, only wish we had used her for full planning! Jessica helped articulate and bring our vision to life, and helped us incorporate unique elements to our relationship into the day. Jessica has a great eye, she's practical as it relates to budget, and she is so kind. I would recommend her to anyone!
  • Monica
    Monica F. Married on 08/11/2021

Better than expected

Who knew! To say that Jessica and her team were amazing, would be an understatement. Being the MOB, I never understood why a wedding planner was even necessary. Well, after this weekend, and two amazing weddings, I can say with 100% certainty Jessica and her team are not only appreciated, but necessary. With all the craziness that comes with a wedding, it is nice to know that your special day is in the hands of a team that is capable of handling any situation with decorum, grace, and confidence.
  • Hailey
    Hailey F. Married on 08/08/2021

The Best of the Best!!

Aside from marrying my husband, choosing Jessica as my planner and designer was the best decision I made for my wedding weekend. I'm a COVID bride that has had a crazy wedding experience, and there's no way I could have navigated it all without Jessica's expertise, stellar ideas, professionalism, and just awesome personality.

My original wedding planner decided to change careers during the pandemic, and our wedding venue also tried to change our contract on us. Panicking as I now didn't have a planner or a wedding venue, I reached out to my HMU artist who immediately recommended Jessica. As soon as I hopped on the Zoom call with Jessica I fell in love with her upbeat energy and unique ideas, and booked her immediately for our wedding weekend.

My fiance is Indian and I'm American so we decided to have a 3-day event: a Hawaiian-themed rehearsal dinner/Pitti celebration on Friday, a Jewish wedding on Saturday, and an Indian wedding on Sunday. As you can imagine, that's no small feat to coordinate and I was freaking out with less than 9 months to get it all done. *Cue Rihanna "we found love in a hopeless place"* when Jessica stepped in.

She prioritized the things that needed to be done first, found me a fantastic stationary person and florist, helped us book our band, and got to work designing both weddings. I loved all of her ideas that really helped our wedding be as personal as possible for my husband and I. We loved craft cocktails, so she found us a mobile bar that served our cocktails on tap, which was a huge hit. She also suggested so many little details (cute straws, custom paper napkins for cocktail hour, a cool escort display) that didn't break the bank and helped our wedding stand out.

While I was thrilled with the planning and design, where Jessica blew me away was with the coordination. She had a team of 4 people with walkie talkies expertly managing every step of our wedding, which was crucial since we got married at a massive venue with events that were very spread out. My parents were initially skeptical at the cost of hiring her and her team, but after just the rehearsal they couldn't stop complimenting the team and feel like it's the best investment we made for the wedding. Jessica's incredible mom also was part of the team, and let me tell you, she was the ultimate hype woman who made me feel so confident and happy. Emma was also fantastic and made me feel like they had the event so under control.

I couldn't be happier with our choice to work with Jessica and team, and I am so so grateful for everything she did for us. I miss texting her every day and would plan another event (is a 1-year vow renewal too much??) just to be able to work with her again. She is one of a kind!
    Tony F. Married on 08/07/2021

Father of the bride

I’ve run companies for a long time and have been around a lot of people over the years but the professionalism Jessica and her team bring are some of the best I’ve ever seen. When I watched Jesica who was on-site the entire 3 day weekend show the staff how the bride wanted the napkins folded I knew she was detail oriented. I would hesitate to give a review anytime for her.
    Mary M. Married on 10/10/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Great service - highly recommend!

We are so grateful for Jessica Ashley Events and to have had Jessica not only as a part of our special day but walking alongside of us throughout the entire wedding planning process. Jessica is so talented, professional, organized, easy to work with, and fun to be around! I would highly recommend to anyone looking for a wedding planner whether that is for the entire process or just for day of coordination. Jessica helped us create our dream wedding! She gave us various design proposals, high quality vendor recommendations, coordinated with our vendors, set up and attended in person meetings and walk throughs, and made the day of run so smoothly. At the end of the night, everything was cleaned and packed up by her staff making it easy for family and guests to enjoy the night. We are so grateful for Jessica and all of her help in planning and replanning our dream wedding! Jessica Ashley Events was the best investment we made with our wedding budget! We couldn't have done it without her staff!

Jessica Ashley Events's reply:

Mary! You and Joe were such a dream to work with. I am so impressed with how you all handled the unexpected year of COVID and flawlessly switched gears for our plan B which was AMAZING!! Thanks for writing a review!!!
  • Abby
    Abby H. Married on 10/10/2020

Incredible Experience

We are very happy to have made the decision to hire Jessica and her team to plan and help execute our wedding day! We hired Jessica a few years before we were able to get married due to delays in construction and then of course the pandemic! This caused us to postpone twice and Jessica stayed with us throughout the entire process and was extremely accommodating to all of our last-minute changes. We decided to get married on our private farm and Jessica and her team helped us navigate everything from the tent, shuttles, catering to portable restrooms, and everything in between. She was with us from start to finish. We were very impressed with her knowledge (of everything pertaining to weddings), her professionalism, flexibility, attention to detail, responsiveness, work ethic, patience, and overall kindness shown throughout the wedding planning process. Jessica and her team really try hard to ensure your vision comes to fruition. They also had given us recommendations on other vendors, who were all wonderful. Our wedding day really turned out beautiful and we have received so many compliments since. It would not have been a success without Jessica and her team. They met with us several times leading up to the wedding day and were absolutely incredible to have by your side on the day of! We were so confident knowing Jessica and her team were handling everything. They really make sure your special day is perfect and flawless! We would recommend her to anyone!!
  • Lauren
    Lauren T. Married on 08/08/2020

Talented and Kind

Jessica is truly exceptional--both as a wedding planner and person.

2020 has been a very difficult year in terms of wedding planning--something I experienced firsthand. When our first destination wedding was cancelled due to COVID, Jessica stepped in to help us plan the perfect wedding locally. I was completely overwhelmed by the idea of planning another wedding, but Jessica made the process simple and enjoyable. She has a great relationship with vendors and also truly listens to her brides which made it so easy to plan again. Beyond her talents as a planner and designer, she is such a kind person and for that, I am so grateful to have worked with her.

Jessica Ashley Events's reply:

Lauren! You are so amazing. Thanks for writing this review. It was so great working with you and can't wait to stay up to date on all of your and Dan's life milestones via social! Also, thanks for connecting us with our sweet rescue puppy, Peaches! She was meant for us!!!!
    Catherine P. Married on 12/14/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Winter Wedding of our Dreams!

After our first call with Jessica, we knew that she would be the perfect planner to help us with our wedding. She started by crafting a beautiful design plan based on her vision and Pinterest board. We proceeded to meet in person and over the phone to work through all details. Planning a wedding can be overwhelming, but she helped us every step of the way! Part of what made the planning process run so smoothly was that she had great relationships with all of our vendors and had seen their work over the years. Her relationships, design expertise, and support led to an outstanding experience not just for us, but for our guests that mean the world to us. 14 months after our introductory call, Jessica was able to bring that design plan to life and create the most special day of our lives.
    Ronit Z. Married on 11/10/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Couldn't have asked for anything more! JAE is the BEST..

Hiring Jessica Ashley was the best decision that we could have made when planning our wedding. She was thorough, kind, reassuring, positive, and has the most amazing attention to details. Jessica works with Rebecca who was equally amazing with all the things. Jessica was happy to work with me, my (now) husband, my mom, and my (now) mother in law. She worked with all of the people that I threw at her, and she was equally accessibly to them as she always was with me. She was so flexible, accommodating, and professional, and when our choices were a bit atypical for a wedding, she was NEVER judgmental and worked with us to make it all a reality. Jessica has the best relationships with vendors, and made amazing recommendations. She also worked super well with our venue, a place where she had never worked before. The coordinator at our venue was so thankful that she was leading the charge, because she was so organized, thorough, and detail oriented. On the day of the wedding, Jessica was reassuring, fun, kept things moving super smoothly, and was able to manage all of the emotions and stress of me, my husband, and our families with a smile on her face. I seriously cannot say enough good things about Jessica and Jessica Ashley Events.  I would recommend Jessica to anyone ever. We are endlessly grateful that we hired JAE.
    Sophie G. Married on 10/26/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

JAE was critical in bringing our dream wedding to life!

I highly recommend Jessica Ashley Events for day of and/or full wedding and design planning. I had just about 6 months to plan a wedding (which was a first for me as it is for many brides) on top of a very busy full time job. But I'm fairly ambitious and went off to tackle it on my own. After booking the venue and a few vendors on my own, I realized I had no interest in spending the next 4 months completely stressed out. Don't underestimate how much time and effort is required to research and plan a successful wedding! Thankfully a close friend recommended Jessica to swoop in and save me. I had a fairly good idea of the overall look and feel I wanted and Jess' design expertise was critical in bringing that vision to life. She has great vendor recommendations for all budgets (I used Cakes by Marium and Buttercups Floral) and I recommend using as many of her referrals as possible since they have experience working together. We did a lot of DIY decor elements to help with costs and Jess and Rebecca made it so that we did not have to lift a finger on our big day. The design execution came out better than I anticipated and the best part was that I didn't have to manage any of it on my own. Jess and Rebecca have a great design sense and exude professionalism and expertise. Bottom line - if you are looking for a stress free, beautifully designed wedding, Jess is your girl. 10/10, would absolutely book again!
  • Ashley
    Ashley Married on 09/06/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

If you are looking for a top notch event planner, Jessica is your girl!

If you are looking for a top notch event planner, Jessica is your girl! 100% without a doubt! When I got engaged, I had no clue where to start with planning my wedding. I knew I needed a planner to help me, but I didn’t know how much I needed Jessica. She knows literally all there is to know about weddings! As soon as I got in touch with her, my worries about planning a wedding instantly went away. Her expertise, advice, communication, and support were truly so appreciated through the whole planning process. She was on top of every single detail from start to finish! She’s super knowledgeable, passionate, and truly cares about making your wedding be the best it can be! She got me set up with the absolute best vendors, who completely raved about Jessica and what an amazing planner she is. Literally, ALL of them told me Jessica is the absolute best. And they were absolutely correct! She went over every single detail with me, big and small and answered all my millions of questions. And not a single detail ever went unnoticed. She listened to my ideas and created a whole proposal so I had a good idea of how everything will come together! If I was ever not sure of something, she offered her advice and experiences to help guide me through. And she was always available to chat about any thoughts or questions I had 24/7.

On the day of my wedding, Jessica came in like the rockstar she is and completely handled everything! I was 100% stress-free on my wedding day and that was such a relief. I didn’t have to do a single thing but sit back and relax with my girls! My dad came up to me and said “you won’t believe how beautiful it all looks”. She made magic happen. I was completely blown away walking into the ceremony and into the reception. All of our ideas came to life and I am still in awe at how beautiful every single detail was! Everything flowed and ran so smoothly. I honestly couldn’t have pictured our day going any better.

Not only do I think the world of Jessica, but my family could not get over how efficient, thorough, organized, and professional she was. They were blown away with Jess on our wedding day. My bridesmaids said “she is literally a superwoman!” and I couldn’t agree more. Jessica is the most organized, dedicated and driven person I have ever met. Not only do I feel like I had the world’s best planner, but I feel like I gained a friend in the process. Jessica is truly an amazing person and I couldn’t have picked a better person to help me plan my big day. She was my superwoman for sure. I just can’t say enough good things about her.

Future brides: If you are looking for a wedding planner to be dedicated to making your wedding goals come true, get in touch with Jessica Ashley Events!
    Brittany K. Married on 09/06/2019

Perfection

How do you write a review for someone who deserves so much more than words? My sister got married this past weekend and it was AB-SO-LUTE-LY out of this world.

She has been working with Jess for the last year or so on all of the details for her special day. And, if you know my sister, this means I’ve had to be right there with her to reassure her that she’s making the right choice. Jess was always so accommodating to include me when she knew a decision would be more involved than a simple, “yes or no.” And I can assure you, my sister appreciated that so much.

So, even though I’ve only been on the sidelines working with Jess, I’m at a loss for words regarding her incredible drive, focus, organization, sense of style, willingness to go far beyond the norm, knowledge and desire to ensure you have the most amazing wedding of your dreams.

Her professionalism and rapport with her amazing vendors makes the process of picking and choosing so seamless. Jess made the time leading up to the wedding down to the final moments so easy and stress-free.

I have to say, when it’s my turn to tie the knot, I will, without a doubt, be using Jessica Ashley Events from start to finish to plan my day.

You’re a rockstar, Jess!
  • Caroline
    Caroline J. Married on 08/24/2019

10/10 recommend JAE!

I wasn’t sure if I needed a wedding planner. Since we selected a venue that already had a full staff of coordinators, I was on the fence if we needed another vendor to invest in. Not only was I unsure on a planner, but I didn’t even consider outsourcing assistance with design as I already had a specific vision for the color palette and style. Fast forward to present day and I can now confirm that hiring Jessica Ashley for planning and design was one of the BEST decisions I made as a Bride. I’m confident that our wedding day was magical and enjoyable because of Jessica’s unparalleled talents.

I had a long list of design ideas and Jessica was able to take my screenshots and Pinterest boards to effortlessly curate an executable vision. Planning a wedding comes with so many decisions, and although I had a great tribe of family and friends, it was extremely helpful to have a trusted style expert as my guide.

Jessica cheered on my over the top ideas that no one else understood (i.e. Champagne Wall Seating Display). She also had the ability to provide honest feedback on what was not worth my time or energy. (I love making extravagant balloon garlands and I’m so glad that Jessica advised me to leave the decorating to the vendor team so I could soak in time with loved ones.)

Thank you Jessica for going over and above not only as a wedding planner but also a therapist, coach, seamstress, problem solver, and bodyguard. 10/10 recommend hiring Jessica Ashley Events for any celebration in the DMV area!
    Michael J. Married on 08/24/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Jessica is a super hero!

Jessica was literally the best! Prewedding she helped my wife and I to find A+ vendors within our budget. She answered all our questions to the best of her knowledge with the years she has been in the business. She was very open minded when it came to ideas we wanted for the wedding and reception but also gave great advice on some dos and don'ts from her experience. On the day of she was attentive, kept the whole wedding on schedule, and was so sweet and nice by asking if me or any of my groomsmen needed anything throughout the day. She even saved the day when mine and my brother's suit came without a tie! She dealt the situation very calmly and went got 2 ties from a store close by and fixed it all with ease. I didn't just feel like a client. I felt like her friend. If you aren't hiring Jessica, are you really hiring a wedding planner?
  • Kelsy
    Kelsy M. Married on 08/24/2019

Hire her!!!!!

AMAZING! That is just the first word that comes to mind :) Jessica was my best friends wedding planner and seeing how happy and how at peace she made my bestie feel on her special day made me so happy. I loved getting to meet her after hearing rave reviews about her, and she did not disappoint! She would even make a point to come find me and ask if i had any thoughts on certain things knowing that I knew the bride better than anyone. Which I thought was so sweet and thoughtful! She truly went ABOVE and beyond to make my besties day perfect!!!
  • Natalie
    Natalie Married on 08/03/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

The reason why my wedding was flawless

I would not have had the wedding of my dreams without Jessica. From day 1 she was there for me. She always answered my calls and texts, she always saw my vision and was there with ideas. While she was out running errands she would text me with items she would find that would add that special touch to the wedding. She was always one step ahead of me so that when I had my panic moment, she had the solution, no hesitation! Jessica always made me feel like I was her priority and on my wedding (2 days ago), she was there for me and my now husband, checking in on us, making sure we were OK and assuring us that everything was going to be great. One key note, not only did she make me feel at ease, but our families. Any questions they had she was there. I am so grateful to have met her and have her make my day one I (nor my guests) will ever forget! Best decision I ever made! Thank you Jessica!!
  • Laura
    Laura Married on 06/15/2019

Best Planner Ever!!!

We had our wedding at Woodlawn and Pope Leighey House in Alexandria, VA. We booked Jessica Ashley Co. for partial planning.

Jessica was truly a blessing through our whole wedding planning process! What originally sold me was our first conversation on the phone before we booked. I could tell immediately she was extremely organized, able to listen/ give suggestions, and when she said she would start planning as soon as we booked, she was not kidding! Right away she sent a document for me to fill out so we could see what we still needed to explore and book. Then she had several vendor suggestions for me that fit our budget and vision. It was comforting to know she had worked with these companies in the past and could attest to their abilities to be the best vendors for us. She put us in touch with several vendors so I was able to get to know them myself and decide from there. We met in person and talked through my whole wedding vision down to the tiniest detail. Jessica coordinated individually with all of our vendors and maintained great relationships with them as well. Every one of our vendors had only wonderful things to say about Jessica. Before the wedding, she sent out an extremely detailed timeline, so everyone from wedding party to vendors knew when they needed to show up and where they needed to be. The day of our wedding she helped coordinate the set up of my dream wedding. When I saw the ceremony area, cocktail hour set up, and reception tent, I was at a loss for words because of how beautiful everything turned out. She was able to take my vision and make it a reality ten times better than I could ever imagine. The day ran extremely smooth thanks to her detailed planning and I could not have asked for a better person to do the job! Jessica is extremely intelligent, talented, and has the best time management of anyone I know. Not only was she a great vendor, but she was a friend who I could speak to throughout the planning process and was there to make my dreams come true for my wedding vision! We are so thankful we ended up working with Jessica, she is a class act and the real deal!
    Jason A. Married on 06/01/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Jessica was exactly who we needed

Jessica was the perfect person to work with when it came to planning our wedding. At the end of every meeting, my wife and I would say to each other, “We are so lucky we have her.” or “Where would we be without her?” Her knowledge consistently blew us away, which made talking to her so easy. Whenever there was a question, Jessica was always quick to respond and able to provide an answer that informed us and made me feel confident going forward as the groom.

In the days leading up to the rehearsal, Jessica was a great help to our officiant (my brother) when it came to leading the ceremony. She recognized where he needed input, and gave him the confidence he needed to carry out an amazing ceremony.

On our actual wedding day, Jessica took control of everything, which allowed my wife and I to really enjoy the celebration. She was incredibly detailed and efficient with where and when things needed to happen, which was showcased by how smoothly everything went and the fun we all had.

With Jessica, you’re getting a planner than loves what she does and makes the process easy to digest and understand. Most importantly, you’re also getting an expert that will help in any capacity. We were so lucky to have Jessica be apart of our wedding!
    Brittany Married on 06/01/2019

Hire Jessica if You Want a Perfect Day

Jessica was absolutely phenomenal. She took my vision and made it far better than I could have imagined. I hired Jessica when I was feeling overwhelmed and confused about wedding planning. She was very easy to communicate with and made herself available to answer any questions. Jessica was able to recommend vendors in my budget and coordinated all the details with them. She created detailed timelines for all the vendors to follow which made the wedding day flow seamlessly. Jessica told me that on the wedding day I was not to worry about anything, and on the day, I did not have to stress about a thing! The whole day was perfect in every way. My family loved how knowledgeable and efficient Jessica was during the rehearsal and during the course of the wedding day. With Jessica's services, she provides decor you can use for the wedding. This was great because I was able to save money and use her signs, terrariums, easels, etc. When I told my friend (who got married in August) about how wonderful Jessica was and all the things she did for me, my friend's response was, "Wow, my wedding planner didn't do any of that stuff." Jessica went above and beyond, and I credit the perfect wedding day to her.
    Joanne Married on 10/25/2018

The BEST in the business

Jess was absolutely an angel to work with. Her attention to detail was incredible. Anytime I put a call into her she immediately responded. I HIGHLY recommend her.

Jessica Ashley Events's reply:

Joanne-- thank you so much for your sweet review. I am so lucky to have had the opportunity to work with you and Kate. I miss you already!!!
    Kate Married on 10/13/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating

"The best ever" doesn't even begin to describe Jess!

While this may sound dramatic, I assure you I mean every word of this whole heartedly: I have no idea what I would have done without Jessica, but she truly MADE the wedding of my dreams a reality!

As the first (and best) wedding decision I made, Jessica was with me from day 1. I had no idea what I was doing and was overwhelmed before even picking a venue. Jess put together priorities and to-do lists for me so I would know what needed to be done first and foremost always, depending on where we were with the wedding timeline. She researched and identified all vendors & options for me and helped me make every decision (since I was FREAKING out about nearly every one!).

She always made me feel on top of things and brought up so many details I would have never thought to cover had I been flying solo. Jess always made herself available to help (even after just having a lil baby!) and was SO responsive (email, text, FaceTime, calls, you name it!) no matter the day or time.

With her connections to incredible vendors, I got the PERFECT photographer (he literally sent my photos within a week and they were flawless), wedding cake artist, and even got some discounts because of JAE.

All of my bridesmaids that have been in weddings before commented on how smooth Jessica ran things. She made everyone feel calm, cool and collected and demanded the attention of a very distracted 19-person wedding party during the rehearsal and pre-wedding rundown. She RAN the show flawlessly!

My husband told me he was SO glad we had Jess. He's not the type to notice details in weddings, but he beamed about how great she was and how well she ran the day, and was thrilled with the level of service he knows she provided to me (weekly calls, color coded emails, gorgeous moodboards, warm texts and motivation!). It was the best compliment and means so much coming from him

Jessica Ashley Events's reply:

KATE -- thank you SO much for this outstanding review. I LOVED working with you and your wedding was A M A Z I N G! From day one till the end, I loved all of our texts/emails/facetime/calls with both you and your sweet mama. I will MISS you! xoxo
    Ryan R. Married on 10/13/2018

Groom Knows She Was Worth It

As the groom, I didn't know how much went in to a wedding. My bride hired Jess to plan and I couldn't be happier with the results. Not only did the wedding go off without a hitch, I heard many people talking about how it was one of, if not the, greatest wedding they'd been to. Bridesmaids were all extremely impressed with how easy and flawless the wedding was. I would highly recommend using Jessica Ashley Events!

Jessica Ashley Events's reply:

Ryan -- I very rarely hear from the groom. Thank you so much for your thoughtful review. Your wedding was AWESOME. I'm so glad you had a great time. Best wishes to you and your beautiful bride
illustration stars