Jennifer Matteo Event Planning Reviews

102 | Sarasota, FL

102 Reviews for Jennifer Matteo Event Planning

Caprice F. · Getting married on 05/03/2021

Exceptional!

JMEP was exceptional. From the minute I met Jennifer and her team, I knew I would be in wonderful hands. Jennifer and her team allowed my husband and I to be guests at our wedding celebration. With her team, we were able to enjoy every special moment with our guests and no worry about anything. JMEP is worth their weight in gold. I will be hiring them again for special birthday, welcome dinner and weddings that we will have coming up in the near future. I cannot recommend JMEP enough. You will never regret choosing JMEP. Sincerely, Caprice

Sent on 03/29/2021

Jennifer Matteo Event Planning's reply:

Thank you so much Caprice!!!! You were SO AMAZING to work with the whole planning process - and beyond! I think we will keep you around awhile.... :-)
  • Geoff

Geoff C. · Married on 03/04/2021

Sit back and relax because Jennifer's got it!

My career means I am dealing with events and event coordinators on most weekends. I also have had a career in Hotel Management and catering, so I observe more intently and critically than most. We all have the best intentions when we put a plan together to make sure we get from A to B as smoothly as possible while anticipating and correcting obstacles along the way. From the moment I got to my venue to the moment I left, Jennifer was there ensuring EVERY detail was taken care of. She moved around the room without anyone noticing, anticipating the needs of everyone and delivering a seamless event. The whole point of hiring an event coordinator is to hand over the responsibility with confidence and reassurance, so you can actually switch off and enjoy your guests! I highly recommend Jennifer and I wish you a seamless, enjoyable and carefree event!

Sent on 05/07/2019
  • Kate

Kate · Married on 01/22/2021

A very happy Covid Bride

My fiancé and I were supposed to get married in April, but due to covid had to postpone until next year. Jennifer has made the process super easy, since we actually live out of state as well, honestly would have probably just canceled if it wasn’t for her! I couldn’t recommend Jennifer enough, she managed to understand my very difficult vision so far and planned what what I know would have been an amazing wedding. She’s been great to work with, very detail oriented and an absolutely beautiful designer. Trust when I say she’s a need! I can’t wait until my big day next year!

Sent on 06/29/2020

Jennifer Matteo Event Planning's reply:

Thank you so much Kate!! You are just the sweetest, we are here for anything you need - and cannot wait until your beautiful wedding day is here!
  • Michelle

Michelle J. · Married on 12/12/2020

Trust me, it's worth it!

Everyone feels the same when looking at planning a wedding. The result of using Jen was....
    It's all getting done, no need to get stressed to remember things, she will.
    Appointments quick and easy, you won't even realize you're planning a wedding.
    COMPLETE TRUST IN HOW IT TURNS OUT. Jen will NOT put her name to anything that is less than fantastic. She understood what I was looking for with a few pictures and one conversation. We were getting worried we weren't going to be able to get our dream wedding planned. I stressed out more before I found Jen and started planning then I ever did actually planning it. Best choice in our planning was calling her. I now have a memory of a magical day, and the never ending compliments from friends and family.

Sent on 01/07/2021

Jennifer Matteo Event Planning's reply:

Thank you so much Michelle!!!! You and John were such a dream to work with, you had a clear vision - and trusted us to execute...the PERFECT COMBO!!

Congrats to you guys, and thank you again!!!
  • Amanda

Amanda A. · Married on 11/07/2020

The most elegant boho dream wedding creators

I could not recommend this team of coordinators enough. Going into the wedding planning process I knew I wanted to do most things myself but I really knew nothing about weddings and knew it wasn't possible. Jennifer, Bridgette, and Bella were there for me literally at any time to get all of my questions either answered or sent to the right person, right then and there. When my thoughts and ideas were jumbled and I couldn't figure out what I wanted they were able to help me make decisions that fit our vision and our original mood board that made everything come together SO perfectly in the end. They were able to handle every detail and made everything go so smoothly. I was shocked at how relaxed I felt the day and week of the wedding!

On the morning of the wedding I remember getting a picture from one of the guests that was already at the venue and I remember being in awe of how beautiful our ceremony set up looked. Straight out of pinterest. And when we got to the reception tent, my jaw was on the floor. I knew it was going to be beautiful, but holy smokes. These girls truly have a gift. And on top of everything they did for us, they're honestly just the best people. If you're still looking for your coordinator, these are your people. Trust me, you need them. They will make the greatest day of your life into more of a dream than you could have imagined, promise!

Sent on 11/13/2020

Jennifer Matteo Event Planning's reply:

You are just the sweetest!! Thank you so much for taking the time to review us...we had so much fun working with you - and your wedding was one for the books!!! Everyone was on the dance floor and all the custom details you made were stunning!!!! Seriously cannot wait for photos/video!!
  • Yasmin

Yasmin S. · Married on 05/09/2020

COVID-postponed wedding savior!

Jennifer and her team are the BEST. Hands down! We had been planning our wedding for over a year and then unexpectedly a global pandemic strikes only a couple months before our wedding date. I cannot imagine what rescheduling my wedding would have been like without Jennifer’s help. Trust me when I say a great wedding planner is essential!! Jennifer and her team swooped in and saved the day, contacting all my vendors for a reschedule and coordinating all the contracts. I can breathe easy knowing Jennifer and her team have my back. I’m looking forward to our postponed wedding and I’m so glad to have Jennifer by my side!

Sent on 09/24/2020

YOU are the sweetest!!

I so appreciate you, how you so gracefully handled ALL the changes - with a smile and always a kind word. I cannot wait to celebrate your love on the NEW wedding date!
  • Aarial

Aarial F. · Married on 04/01/2020

Very happy, non-traditional bride 💛

Jennifer and her team are wonderful! My husband and I had a destination wedding in early January 2020. I really appreciated Jennifer's approach to working with clients: direct while supporting us throughout the planning process.

We started working with her 18 months prior to our wedding and were going for a vibe rather than specific theme. My fella and I both spent our 20's as restaurant professionals and are extremely particular on food and service. Jennifer rose to the occasion and kept things simple, detailed, and relaxing for us.
    Here's a couple things we wanted:
    - Vibe: Dinner party, relaxed and focused on our guests (think Alice in Wonderland mad-hatter tea-party table)
    - Food & dining service: Family style meal, servers seamlessly ensuring everyone was taken care of, whole fish and whole ribeye
    - Style: colorful, quality, simple, purposeful
    - Venue: We wanted a house where we could host the wedding. We wanted our parents, siblings, and us could all stay together

I'd like to recognize that Jennifer's style (as you will see in these other reviews and on her Instagram account) is much more polished and pumped up than ours, we were so happy with our time with Jennifer and how much she respected us and our vision. I greatly respect her ability to hear what her client wants and guide them through the process while not adding in her personal style unless requested. Jennifer did a wonderful job making sure we had the right venders, right vibe, and when issues arose (as they inevitably do) she pushed to make things right. She made decisions when I didn't want to (for example, flowers stress me out so she took our vision and budget and took charge of the flowers) and anticipated our needs. I felt very supported through the process.

Something else delightful that Jennifer does is she matches your day-of planner with you based on personality. I love this! She paired us with Ryann and Bridgett - which couldn't have been a better match. Ryann is calm, collected and dedicated. The whole team did an incredible job under really unfavorable circumstances - it DUMPED rain the day of our wedding (which was entirely outside). Because of this we weren't able to get many detail-photos (nor were we able to include the full vision as planned), but I have shared what I could find :-).

Highly recommend, I would work with Jennifer and her team again in a flash and hope to someday to have the excuse to!

Sent on 04/22/2020
  • Amy

Amy V. · Married on 03/14/2020

Fantastic Wedding planner!

I have nothing but amazing things to say about the JMEP team! They exceeded all of my expectations. I used Jennifer and her team as a month of coordinator but she was always available and willing to answer any and all questions I had along the way. All of the vendors she recommended were amazing and easy to work with. I am an extremely detail oriented person and she made sure I had all the information I needed and responded to all of my emails almost immediately. As far as the day of, every single detail was perfect. Donnamarie and Bridgette handled everything and did it flawlessly. My guests have not stopped raving about all the details and how beautiful everything looked. The best part is I didn’t have to think about anything the day of, I had zero stress and that says a lot coming from a micromanager! Everything got delivered and done on time and executed perfectly. I cannot thank JMEP enough for such a beautiful day!

Sent on 03/18/2020

Jennifer Matteo Event Planning's reply:

Thank you so much Amy!!!! I appreciate a detail oriented client, we are always happy to answer all your questions!

Wishing you guys a lifetime of happiness :-)
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 02/22/2020

Best Wedding Decision

Jennifer and her team went above and beyond to help make my wedding day amazing. I could not have done it with out them! I would highly suggest hiring them because it was one of the best decisions I made.

Sent on 05/01/2020

Jennifer Matteo Event Planning's reply:

You are too sweet! Thank you so much, I am so glad you were able to tie the knot before all the crazy started!
  • Miya

Miya C. · Married on 02/12/2020

Fairytale Wedding

I do not even know how to begin thanking JMEP! Once we started working with Jennifer on our wedding, we were immediately impressed and asked for a second contract to have her plan our big Welcome Party for all of our guests the night before. Jennifer has literally the BEST vendors that she works with, and our wedding looked like a fairytale. I could not have envisioned a more beautiful wedding. Jennifer and her whole team are the most professional, sophisticated, trustworthy, talented, and FUN!! We asked a lot of JMEP, and they delivered each time and always exceeded our expectations. There is no review that could possibly do Jennifer justice, she is absolutely amazing at what she does, and her team is unbelievable. Thank you!!!!

Sent on 12/22/2019

Jennifer Matteo Event Planning's reply:

Miya!!!! You are the sweetest (and might I add the most BEAUTIFUL bride!!!) . It was really a pleasure to work with you and plan your blush and ivory fairytale wedding - you really were a princess!!!
  • Caroline

Caroline H. · Married on 01/18/2020

Put me at ease!

Planning a Florida wedding from with , I knew I wanted to work with a day-of planner from the start! My venue highly recommended Jennifer Matteo Event Planning - and after working with their team, I know why! The entire team was super helpful with all of my little questions leading up to the day-of and I couldn't have had such a perfect day without their help! We primarily worked with Ryann the day-of, and she took all of my notes and executed everything perfectly - I was seriously so happy and grateful to have her help! She took all of the stress right out of the day and was super professional. All of our bridal party and family noticed how great she and Brittany were the entire day (and rehearsal)! All brides (whether planning from afar or not) should most definitely work with Jennifer Matteo and her team to make their dreams come to life!

Sent on 04/18/2020

Jennifer Matteo Event Planning's reply:

Wow! Thank you so much, your kind words really made my day! I adore my team, and you certainly had the best with Ryan and Brittany!!! We were so happy to work with you, and wish you the BEST!!!
  • Lynn

Lynn · Married on 11/30/2019

Exceptional in every way!

We can't say enough about Jennifer Matteo, Ryann, Jillian and the rest of her team. From the start Jennifer was accommodating, flexible, generous with her time, and oozed expertise. When you're planning a wedding, having someone who always answers an email almost immediately is a treasure. During the planning, Jennifer put up with all my OCD and neurotic worrying with a patience I wouldn't have shown. She had everything under control--it's just difficult for me to relinquish control, but she was completely understanding. From the beginning her sense of style guided our decisions and helped my daughter's vague vision become a reality. It was also wonderful when you told other vendors who your planner was and they smiled and sighed in relief--"
    She and her team are the best. They will take care of everything" was what we heard. On the day of the wedding, I turned (just a few times ) into Momzilla with more obsessing and worrying--but Ryann never faltered. She was the epitome of calm and calmed me down every time. And --boy did she and Jillian work! They were going like 90 all the time. Bottom line--it was all perfect. My daughter hugged me and told me it was beyond anything she had dreamed of--what more could I ask for. We had a lot of wonderful vendors, but it was Jennifer and her team who brought it all together from the beginning. --one more thing many, many people came up and said it was the very best wedding they had ever attended.

Sent on 12/03/2019

Jennifer Matteo Event Planning's reply:

LYNN!!! You are too much - so sweet, quirky and cute (just like you!!!) I had a ball getting to know you and your family and Ry and Jillian raved about how beautiful the day, and Angela were!!!!! I heard you have some killer dance moves too...by the way!!!

Call me soon, miss our chats!!!
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 11/30/2019

You cannot go wrong with Jennifer and her team!

Thank you to Jennifer and her team for the most beautiful wedding at Selby Gardens! She was readily available during every single step of the planning process and made the wedding of our dreams a reality. I cannot thank Brittany and Kristen enough for making sure everything ran smoothly on our wedding day! You all are amazing at what you do!

Sent on 12/09/2019

Jennifer Matteo Event Planning's reply:

Thank you Rachel!!! Your wedding was a DREAM and I am so thankful to have been a part of it!! Brittany and Kristin cannot stop raving about how sweet you are and how much fun everyone had!
  • Megan

Megan S. · Married on 11/09/2019

Made the wedding of our dreams come to life!

We hired JMEP to help us coordinate our destination wedding in Sarasota and we could not be more grateful that we did! I was worried about how everything would come together since I’m from out of state but Jennifer and her team put me at ease throughout the entire process. We used her full planning service and it was worth every penny. She connected us with the best and right vendors, designed our stationery, handled our room blocks, organized vendor details, directed the design, and helped us with any issues that we ran into along the way. Jennifer was always so friendly and patient all while dealing with my constant emails, OCD tendencies, and neurotic worrying. Jen and her team were always extremely responsive to emails and always willing to jump on a phone call or meet in person when we were in town. Their attention to detail and amazing sense of style are the reason that our day was so perfect! We have received countless compliments on how amazing our wedding was, specifically on how beautiful the venue and decorations were. We can't thank the team at JMEP enough for making our day exactly what I wanted! They are truly the best at what they do and completely exceeded our expectations for our big day. We can not recommend Jennifer enough to make the wedding of your dreams come true!

Sent on 12/09/2019
  • Alex

Alex M. · Married on 11/09/2019

Matteo and co is the best in town

Jennifer and her team created the perfect wedding for us. I could go into detail but what's the point, she's the best, don't think twice. Hire her!

Sent on 01/07/2020

Jennifer Matteo Event Planning's reply:

You guys are the best! You for sure get the award for the coooooolest couple in town!!!! I was JUST talking about your beautiful wedding today, and I am so glad I got to know you!

XOXO!!!

Taylor M. · Married on 10/05/2019

Worth every penny! Jennifer and her team are the best of the best!

We can’t thank Jennifer and her incredible team enough for all of their help throughout our wedding planning process! My husband and I knew from the beginning that we wanted want to do a destination wedding down in Florida on the beach. But with us living in Iowa, and not knowing reputable vendors, it was adding unneeded stress to the planning process. I started to do some research on wedding planners in the area, and came across JMEP. From the initial consultation to the final days leading up to our wedding, Jennifer and her team were nothing short of amazing! They were beyond attentive, efficient in every way, and truly allowed us to soak in every moment of our special day. Ryann and Jillian were our planners on the day of our wedding, and they were the best! There are honestly not enough words to describe how appreciative we are for all of their hard work and for helping us create the best day of our lives!

Sent on 10/13/2019

Jennifer Matteo Event Planning's reply:

You are just the best! Jillian and Ryann could barely stop talking about how great you and your family were - and how lovely everything was! I cannot wait to see photos!!!!! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and congratulations!!!
  • Christina

Christina M. · Married on 07/26/2019

Best Wedding Ever!

Amazing! My friends and family could not stop talking about how beautiful my wedding was. Jennifer Matteo is incredibly detailed and has FANTASTIC style. She can take your vision, execute it perfectly and even take it up a notch. I'm very detail oriented, can be demanding, and have a bend towards the nicer things. Jennifer will not disappoint. Go with her if you want a wedding your guests won't stop raving about.

Sent on 01/28/2020

Jennifer Matteo Event Planning's reply:

Aww I love your bend...I have one too!!! Love you to death, and so so happy for you guys!!! I am sure you are still floating through life and re-living your perfect day!! XOXO!
  • Wang

Wang · Married on 06/08/2019

Book Jennifer Matteo right now!

Our wedding went extremely smoothly thanks to Jennifer! She spent time with us before the wedding to make sure she understood how we wanted everything to go and reminded us of things we had to do before the wedding. We didn't have to worry about a thing on the day of the wedding because her team had everything under control, so we could spend our time enjoying our family and friends, while still staying on our timeline. Our vendors had a few hiccups during the wedding and Jennifer was quick to handle the situation and adjust the event smoothly. She is extremely friendly and professional but knows how to handle business!
    Very reasonable pricing and something to fit everyone's budget. One thing to remember - Jennifer has discounts with a bunch of local vendors so her pricing pays for itself!
    We loved Jennifer and wouldn't hesitate to recommend her to any of our friends!

Sent on 05/21/2019

Kiki · Married on 05/11/2019

I would hire JMEP again and again!!

Jennifer Matteo Event Planning exceeded my expectations beyond belief! I hired Jennifer and her team with their partial planning package a year and a half before my wedding, after following her beautiful, one-of-a-kind work on instagram. Since that day, although my wedding was so far away, Jennifer was so attentive and responsive to my every question - and I sure did have a lot of them! I had so many thoughts of what I wanted my wedding to look like, but couldn't quite solidify them in words or on paper...and that's where Jennifer came in. It's almost as if she could truly read my mind and create exactly what I was thinking, but better! She meticulously helped create a more beautiful wedding than my husband and I even imagined. She was truly there for us every step of the way, even if it was just for a moment to calm me down when I had a "panic" moment about something. I did want to be a part of planning my wedding, so her partial package was perfect for me! Jennifer helped so much with the design process with the florist, our invitations, rentals, and just the overall look of everything! She facilitated meetings with mentioned vendors, got me quotes, forwarded me proofs, etc. She was extremely organized! She always gave me the best vendor recommendations. She gave me her honest opinion on things when I asked for them, but also respected my opinions as well. She was extremely responsive in email, usually responding that day if not within a few hours. If she didn't respond to me quickly, I knew it's because she was busy and would get back to me as soon as she could! There was not one email in that year and a half that she did not respond to. Above all, Jennifer always made me feel like she was there for me, and that everything would be perfect. On the day of the wedding, Jennifer and Ryann meant business! They were extremely professional, and also kind to all of our guests. They were so efficient and everything went so smoothly. I knew that my husband and I and our families would truly be able to enjoy our day with JMEP there. It was a time and a day that I will always remember and cherish! I hope we will be able to throw a huge party in our future so that I can hire JMEP again!

Sent on 05/29/2019

Jennifer Matteo Event Planning's reply:

Aww Kiki! You are just the best, I mean it!! We had a long planning process together, and I loved every minute! You and Alex are an amazing couple - and I am so thankful to have gotten to know you and be part of your wedding day!

Please plan a party or baby shower maybe? :-) - we are in!!!
  • Andi

Andi E. · Married on 05/10/2019

Made our big day absolutely magical and perfect!!!

Working with JMEP was so incredible. We knew we were in great hands from the first meeting with her! She helped find the best vendors, decor, setup, everything for our big day! I honestly believe our wedding day wouldn't have gone nearly as well as it did if it would have been for Jennifer and her team. We weren't concerned about last minute changes or hiccups that arose, because we knew we were in great hands and having Jennifer on our team everything would be perfect. And it was and we knew that JMEP worked so hard to make sure that every tiny detail our of big day would come together. We are eternally grateful for all of their hard work and would easily recommend her and her team to anyone needing help planning a special event! We can't thank her and her team enough for all the time and effort they put into our wedding!

Sent on 10/10/2019

Jennifer Matteo Event Planning's reply:

Thank you so much for all the sweet words! I had a great time working with you, and getting to know your family! Your Mote Marine wedding was perfect - and I wish you guys a lifetime of love!

Allison F. · Married on 03/23/2019

Hire Jennifer Matteo Event Planning!

Hire Jennifer Matteo Event Planning, you won’t regret it! Jennifer called me right away after my first email to get some info on her services. As soon as we started speaking, I could tell she already cared about my wedding and my vision. Jen is the perfect mix of traditional, modern and she wants every wedding to different, which is exactly what I wanted! We used her full planning service and it was worth every penny. She connected us with the best and right vendors, handled our room blocks, directed the design, and kept us in budget! If you need her she’s there. She went with us to all of our appointments and even went with me to pick out bridesmaid dresses. We had a pretty large hiccup with our reception band a couple months before the big day and she handled the situation with ease and grace. And to top it off, she went above and beyond the week and day of! She checked on me multiple times the week of the wedding to make sure I was feeling ok. Jen and her team were on site the entire day making sure everything was going to plan. If we had an issue, I still have no idea 2 weeks later because she takes care of everything. She was even there holding out my train and veil when I walked down the aisle and capturing amazing candids during the reception. Not only is she an amazing wedding planner but she was there our entire year of planning as emotional support. She will listen to all your frustrations and help solve any problem, she truly becomes your friend. Our day could have not been more PERFECT and STRESS FREE and it is all thanks to JMEP!

Sent on 04/10/2019

Jennifer Matteo Event Planning's reply:

Thank you Allison!! It's kinda odd not texting and chatting with you - not gonna lie!! I had so much fun planning your wedding, THANK YOU for trusting the process and the vision that we shared!

It was a PARTY, I am sure your guests will be talking about it for years to come! Congratulations to you and Matt!!
  • Laurie

Laurie F. · Married on 03/09/2019

Wedding of my dreams!

From the moment I reached out to Jennifer until the wedding and even afterwards she was very responsive! When we finally met it was like we've known each other forever! She understood what I wanted and everything was perfect all we had to do is show up! Her husband Matt was very instrumental and performed the perfect ceremony.

Sent on 03/28/2019

Jennifer Matteo Event Planning's reply:

Thank you so much Laurie!! You were an absolute dream to work with and I just loved planning your sweet wedding on the sand!
  • Linda

Linda M. · Married on 02/17/2019

Our wedding day exceeded our expectations

We celebrated our wedding in February in Sarasota and I couldn’t have imagined having to plan this day without Jennifer’s help! She did an extraordinary job not only planning and communicating, but especially with the little details. We received COUNTLESS compliments from our guests and everything worked out flawlessly!!
    The wedding planning process was not always an easy task as we live in Europe, which made some things a little more tricky. Jennifer did everything she could to help out with every single issue we ran into. Needless to say, she is extremely organized and efficient, which is exactly what you should be looking for in the person planning your wedding!!

Sent on 04/11/2019

Jennifer Matteo Event Planning's reply:

Hello from Sunny Florida Linda!! Thank you so much - you and your family were just the sweetest, and I LOVED working with you!!! I am so glad your guests had a great time and enjoyed the Florida Sunshine!!!
  • Cait

Cait · Married on 02/17/2019

JMEP Is incredible!!

From day one-Jennifer was all in. She met me for coffee for a quick consult and her down to Earth personality and professional demeanor sealed the deal for me. Jennifer was fantastic to work with and helped bring my dream Pinterest wedding come to life. Rest assured, working with Jennifer for your wedding means tons of personal touches added to your big day and an incredible network of florists, bakers, and decor companies that love working with her. I can't recommend her enough.

Sent on 06/10/2019

Jennifer Matteo Event Planning's reply:

Thank you so much Cait!! You and Ben were amazing to work with, thank you for trusting me to be a part of your day!!! I loved each and every detail, especially how in love you guys are!!! XOXO!!