Island Wedding Memories - Maui Reviews

59 | Pukalani, HI

59 Reviews for Island Wedding Memories - Maui

59 Island Wedding Memories - Maui Reviews

Kerri · Married on 06/25/2018

If I could give 10 stars I would!
    I started planning my wedding a year ago. I contacted Kim with island wedding memories, and within an hour she had already responded. I was of course nervous about having a destination wedding and not being able to meet anyone before hand. But, she blew me away with how on top of everything she was! She was so friendly and helpful with the organization process all the way down to setting up a Pinterest account for me to keep ideas for her to use for the big day. Every recommendation she had for florist to makeup artist couldn't have been more perfect! She also made perfect recommendations for the beach ceremony site and reception venu! She was also my photographer and I cried seeing my photos! The preview of them were available to me the very next day! Kim was the most amazing person in this whole process and my husband and I couldn't have done this without her! Thank you so much Kim for giving us this unforgettable moment in our lives!!

Island Wedding Memories - Maui 1
    Island Wedding Memories - Maui 2
    Island Wedding Memories - Maui 3
    Island Wedding Memories - Maui 4
    Island Wedding Memories - Maui 5
    Island Wedding Memories - Maui 6

Jonathan · Married on 05/05/2018

We are extremely busy professionals. Kim kept us on task and gave us enough space at the same time. Overall exceptional value for a beautiful Wailea wedding and reception. DJ Del is the best and Gannon's was a prime choice for the reception. Kudos!

Sent on 06/14/2018
    Island Wedding Memories - Maui 7

Island Wedding Memories - Maui's reply:

Mahalo Jon & Laura for your kind words. Your wedding day turned out so beautiful!! Mahalo for having us as part of your special day. - Kim :)

Candice · Married on 03/19/2018

Kim was our photographer for our wedding. We couldn’t have asked for better! We were comfortable with her right away, and we didn’t feel forced or awkward in our pictures. She took such a variety of pictures, it’s hard to narrow down our favourites. She helped make our day perfect!

Sent on 06/07/2018
    Island Wedding Memories - Maui 8

Island Wedding Memories - Maui's reply:

Mahalo Candice for your kind words! It was such a pleasure planning & photographing your special day. Thanks so much for having me as part of your day. Aloha ~ Kim

Rachel · Married on 03/15/2018

Having a destination wedding requires a lot of trust. I trusted Kim every step of the way. After our first conversation, I knew Island Weddings was the right choice! She made me feel comfortable with what I was asking for and responded with good ideas when I needed them. She kept me calm during stressful times and even had the florist mimic my late mothers wedding bouquet, which took my breath away. Our day was all we wanted it to be and we will forever be grateful for Kim and Island Wedding Memories!

Sent on 06/07/2018
    Island Wedding Memories - Maui 15
    Island Wedding Memories - Maui 16
    Island Wedding Memories - Maui 17

Island Wedding Memories - Maui's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words Rachel :) So happy I could be part of your special day!! It turned out so beautiful. Congratulations again - Kim

Sabrina · Married on 12/08/2017

I worked with Kim for our Hawaii elopement and I have to say it was completely stress free. Prior to finding her, I had email communication with other planners but she was just different. Her initial email response back was welcoming and after our phone conversation it was decided that she was our gal. We also used her for our photos and I can’t wait to see how they turned out.

Sent on 12/17/2017

Island Wedding Memories - Maui's reply:

Mahalo Sabrina & Aaron! Your wedding day turned out so beautiful!! Thank you for having us be a part of your special day ~ Kim =)

Karlyn · Married on 03/11/2017

Leah was truly wonderful to work with! She helped us every step of the way and was available via phone or email whenever I had questions. Our wedding went off without a hitch and we are so grateful to Leah and everyone she works with who made it possible. It was truly the best day ever!

• Tasha

Tasha · Married on 03/04/2017

Leah was an amazing Wedding Planner and helped to plan everything with precise accuracy and detail.
    I highly recommend her if you want your wedding to go smoothly and not have any issues ;)

We had ~8 months to plan everything and it was more than enough time as she works with the best in industry (Anna Kim Photo, Jordan from HI Focus, DJ Dan, beautiful florists, etc.)
    We had our wedding at Gannon's (where she has a great relationship) and used the Molokini Lookout for ceremony and Lower Lawn for Reception. Everything was beautiful, food was delicious, and DJ Dan payed great music and helped to MC the wedding!
    I loved everything about our special day - our quotes and estimates didn't exceed what Leah presented us with, all in was a great experience and I would highly recommend her to everyone!

Sent on 04/07/2017

Island Wedding Memories - Maui's reply:

What a treat it was work with both of you! Your family was so much fun & they sure can dance! The WOW'S that came from the chandeliers at the wedding & reception....was pretty cool!!! We couldn't have done it without your awesome vision & willing spirit!

Kristy · Married on 09/09/2016

I can't recommend Leah enough when it comes to planning a destination wedding! She was AWESOME to work with while planning our destination wedding on Maui! Our wedding day turned out so much better than either of us ever imagined, and Leah was there the whole way making sure we didn’t have anything to worry about. She was also very prompt with responding to any calls or emails I sent to her. We can’t thank Leah enough for the wonderful and beautiful wedding we had!

From the very start all the way past our wedding date, she was always very accommodating and easy to work with. One of the things that set her apart from other places we checked into was that she stayed within the budget we requested and did not try to push more things on us that we didn’t want/need. Other places, in comparison, had given us quotes several thousand dollars more than our budget, and were not understanding of why we wanted to keep to our budget.

Leah also let us customize our wedding package to exactly what we wanted, unlike other places. We were able to add and remove things from the package without any issues, all the way up until a month before the wedding – she was very understanding of the fact that things may change from the time you select your package to the time of your wedding, so allows you to make these changes along the way. Because of all this, we were able to have the wedding we dreamed of!

Kindra · Married on 09/01/2016

Island Wedding Memories pulled through for us. I had not idea where to start when it came to planning a beach wedding on the beach. I found Leah and she handled it all. I was nervous at first but she reassured me everything would be fine and it was. I would definitely recommend her team!!!

Sent on 09/13/2016

Island Wedding Memories - Maui's reply:

Mahalo Kindra & John for your kind words. You both were so much fun & WOW your photos are stunning!!!! It was such a treat to work with both of you.

Courtney · Married on 08/16/2016

We came to Maui for our wedding on August 16, 2015. Leah coordinated the officiant, photographer, guitar player, and hair and makeup. Everyone was just wonderful. We couldn't have asked for a better group of people. Our wedding was amazing, something we will remember for the rest of our life's . Leah made the process stress free.Thank you! We would recommend her to anyone!

Jhodie · Married on 08/15/2016

When my husband I decided to have our wedding in Maui, we researched different vendors. We live in New York, so finding a wedding planner who we could trust was very, very important to us. Leah Robb and her company, Island Wedding Memories, was an absolute dream to work with. From the very first conversation, she made us feel comfortable and special. She was attentive, which is crucial when dealing with a bride--especially one who lives all the way on the other side of the country. Because we paid for our wedding ourself, her prices were perfect for us. We spent about $2,000 on a package--you can create your own package and add as many things as your heart desires. We got a beautiful ceremony for 6 people ( us and 4 guests) for a very affordable price. And can we talk about her team of people who she works with?? They are amazing, funny, and courteous. The whole group really made our big day fun. Leah took care of our marriage license appointment and even got us reservations to a wonderful restaurant. We had a little reception dinner there.

I would recommend Island Wedding Memories to anyone!! Thank you Leah for for giving me my dream wedding.

• X

Xuefei · Married on 07/17/2016

Leah did an amazing job for our wedding back in July within a really short time and notice, in exactly two weeks time.

My fiancé and I decided to get married a month after our engagement on Maui. Not knowing a lot of wedding venues and vendors on Maui , we were fortunate enough to have found Leah. We only envisioned a small and intimate beach wedding with families. After preliminary discussion with her, Leah recommended the perfect place Makapu beach for a sunset ceremony. In a short time, Leah was able to obtain a marriage license for us , as well as sourced excellent and reasonably priced florist, make up artist, hair stylist, and photographer. She knows everyone in the wedding industry on the island , and would only recommended the best according to our needs. She is absolutely a pro for custom planned weddings. Big thanks to her.

Now we are happily married for 3 and half months. :)

Suzie · Married on 07/09/2016

Island Wedding Memories has far surpassed our expectations in all areas of our special day. From the initial planning to finding all of the best vendors (officiant, photographer, videographer, florist, and baker) we have been thoroughly impressed with Leah Robb and her abilities to make our family feel so comfortable and well taken care of for our big day. We would highly recommend Island Wedding Memories to anyone looking to plan their special Hawaii occasion.

Let's be honest here-- Weddings are expensive. My husband and I had a vision of having a destination wedding, married on a beach in an intimate setting, but not break the bank. We are from Coquitlam BC Canada. We've never been to Maui and we chose this place because most of our guests haven't been either and they were super excited about it as soon as they heard our ideas. It was the perfect excuse to travel. We did our research a year before our set wedding date and after contacting several wedding co-ordinators over the phone, I felt most comfortable with Leah Robb from Island Wedding Memories and we booked her right away. (Here's a tip brides-to-be... Don't wait!! The best vendors get booked up a year before!) She was responsive and you could tell she's very experienced. I don't typically trust vendors easily but I could confide in her after a couple messages back and forth. She was genuine and patient. We gave her a budget and she was able to stick to it closely, while updating the cost every time I've requested a change. She was very organized and that chimed well with me! The electronic package she had provided us was most appreciated. It had the day of schedule and I didn't even need to create my own Excel files. She is a one stop-shop! Our wedding day took place on Mokapu beach right before sunset. It went smoothly and we couldn't have asked for a better setting. We had our reception at the Upper Pond at Gannon's and Leah coordinated really well with the restaurant. She decorated the table exactly how I would've liked and her floral arrangements were gorgeous. Choosing Leah as our wedding coordinator was one of the best decisions we've made as it took the stress out of the wedding planning process. I wouldn't have been able to organized this on my own and had so much local knowledge as first-time visitors, had we not asked Leah to assist us. Thanks Leah for making our day memorable! Mahalo~

• Bonnie

Bonnie · Married on 05/19/2016

Leah, owner of Island Wedding Memories, was remarkably genuine, helpful, and professional from the start! She promptly responded to emails and answered my unending questions. She took a personal interest in our private, beach ceremony and worked tirelessly to make our wishes come true! She arranged countless aspects of our wedding including the marriage license application and appointment, wedding officiant, photographer, gown pressing and personal delivery to my hotel room, hair and makeup done in my hotel room, wedding cake, wedding bouquet and leis, and dinner reservations. She offered advice when requested but never pushed us to do something we did not want. In addition, her talent with flowers is unmatched; the bridal bouquet she created was exquisite!

Leah went above and beyond what I expected of a wedding planner! She met me the day before our ceremony and delivered a personalized cake topper to the cake bakery and ensured my family heirloom brooch was attached to my bouquet. Furthermore, she repainted my finger nails minutes before my ceremony and attached my rhinestone sandals to my feet! Leah was more like a friend than a wedding planner and I hope to visit her when we return to Maui!

Kylee · Married on 04/23/2016

Leah and Island Wedding Memories was highly recommended by a coworker of my husband's. And wow, did she ever live up to the recommendation! She was so friendly, took a genuine interest in us, and was eager to make our day the day of our dreams. She got back to us in a timely manner and was very knowledgeable and informative of both wedding ideas and also on the island of Maui, which was so reassuring to us as we are from the landlocked state of North Dakota! We couldn't be happier with how everything went. We had a very small wedding with only our immediate families, just 15 of us total. Everyone was so impressed at how smooth the wedding, pictures, and reception went. It was the most stress free and easy wedding experience I could have imagined and it turned out absolutely beautiful and so very special. Thanks to Island Wedding Memories, we truly had our percfect intimate wedding we wanted and memories that we will cherish our lifetime. Mahalo!

cindy · Married on 02/05/2016

I contacted multiple wedding planners prior to asking Leah to help us plan our Maui wedding (all the way from North Carolina). She was fabulous from start to finish. Everything was perfect... with a special mention to the super talented ladies she arranged to do my hair and make up! My husband and I literally just showed up.... she even took care of my dress at the last minute after I failed to ship it to her ahead of time!!! Everything was perfect, she is even sweeter in person, you will be so happy you chose Leah!!!

We had a wedding ceremony in Maui with just me and my husband. Leah did exactly what we wanted - to just have to show up! She arranged all the vendors (hair and makeup, officiate, photographer) and we have no complaints. Everyone was very nice and made the day relaxing and easy.

Being from Canada, my husband and I put all of our faith in Leah and her team. To be honest I was nervous that the vision we describes to Leah via emails and pinterest photos was one that she might not be able to replicate and one that could not be delivered within our budget.
    Our criteria was that we wanted a beautiful, elegant wedding that was full of dancing, laughter, great drinks, and fantastic food. We gave Leah a vision and a lot of freedom to deliver an unforgettable experience for us and our guests and she did just that. Leah not only delivered, but excelled with everything. Our wedding day was perfect! Not only were her staff fantastic, so were all the vendors. The flower arrangements Leah created for us where absolutely stunning and captured exactly the style I was hoping for.
    Leah removed all the stress from us and our guests and allowed us to have a beautiful and memorable time. We would highly recommend Leah and her team if you are looking for an extremely talented and lovely wedding planner.

Ashley · Married on 11/18/2015

Highly recommend Island Wedding Memories, Leah is amazing to work with!

Sent on 12/03/2015

Island Wedding Memories - Maui's reply:

We loved working with you & Steve! Thank you so much for allowing us to have such a large part in your lives!

We had the good fortune of working with Leah for our wedding back in September. We had 150 guests total and several different events over the course of three days. We had a welcome party, a Korean Paebaek, a rehearsal and brunch, a ceremony, reception, and an after-party. Leah helped us pick our vendors, coordinated all the events, took care of flowers, gift bags and also helped organize the transportation for our guests (to and from the rehearsal, the wedding, and the after-party). She even helped us ship things to and from Maui!

Leah and her staff did an excellent job of coordinating all the events, making last-minute preparations, and ensuring that everything went smoothly.

Here are her best qualities:

Responsiveness. You will feel like you are Leah's only wedding. She always responds quickly and thoroughly.

Patience. No matter how many questions you ask or how times you change your mind on something Leah will always be kind and courteous.

Enthusiasm. Leah clearly has a passion for what she does and even though she has done a LOT of weddings you will feel like she is genuinely excited to be working for you.

Attentiveness. The advantage of going with Leah is she really pays close attention to what you want and how you want it done. With the huge amount of decisions we had to make on this wedding we always felt like it was our wedding and we were getting to do what we wanted (with her support).

Flexibility and Work-Ethic. Our wedding had a few last minute issues (all out of her control) including a major weather-related one. She and her staff worked tirelessly in the days leading up to the wedding to make everything go as well as we could expect.

We (and our guests) had the time of our lives and couldn't be happier!

Sent on 10/17/2015

Island Wedding Memories - Maui's reply:

Wow....RJ & Mia, we are so honored to have met both of you and to continue to be part of your lives! To have ALL of our vendors compliment you on how nice not just both of you are but all of your guest is truly a testament to how awesome you are! The fun we had! From Ellen, Mia & Amy co-conspiring to surprise you with R2D2 as your ring bearer, to Mia choosing your Star Wars cupcakes - it's been a FUN ride! We've been assisting couples for over 20 yrs and we've learned to truly treasure and hold close the couples that we adore. Thank you for being one of those couples, I'm honored & humbled to call both of you friends!

Rebecca · Married on 08/21/2015

Quick with responding to questions, easy to get a hold of with those last minute questions. Very friendly and professional. Our ceremony was better than I could have imagined. Loved working with Leah.

Caroline · Married on 08/18/2015

Leah made planning a wedding in Maui 1000 times easier than planning a wedding at home. From the moment I initially contacted Leah via email to the moment I left Makena Cove as a wife, I have been extremely pleased with the services of Island Wedding Memories.

Ashley · Married on 08/14/2015

Leah and Island Wedding Memories was fantastic. My husband and I really wanted to make the day about us, we wanted to get married on the beach, just the two of us. After deciding on Maui we needed to figure out how to make everything happen remotely from California. We first starting contacting hotels to have them coordinate everything, but it just didn't seem right, so I kept searching for other options. That is when I found Leah. She instantly responded to my initial email and I knew that I had found our coordinator. Leah did everything for us, from flowers, transportation, licenses and permits, officiant, photographer, videographer as well as coordinating in suite hair and makeup for me. It made the whole process so easy for me and my husband. It was a little bit of a leap of faith to put all of our trust in one person whom we had never met and a wedding venue we had never seen. But everything turned out beautifully and beyond our expectations. We loved everyone of the vendors that Leah coordinated for us. It was the most stress free day, aside from some threatening rain, by Leah was extremely flexible and responsive as we had to make a lot of last minute decisions. Ultimately we kept everything as planned and avoided the rain. I would absolutely would recommend Leah and Island Wedding Memories to anyone looking for coordination services in Maui. First class all the way!

Sent on 09/13/2015

Island Wedding Memories - Maui's reply:

Ashley & Andrew - Do you know how cool you both are? Wow - I get the joy of having some pretty awesome clients! We had a possible hurricane coming (words of terror to a planner), we had back-up plan B, C & D ready - thankfully we didn't need any of them! Your photos are truly amazing - Tad rocked. However, you two are the real hero's! Thank you so much for allowing us the joy of being part of your special day. A Hui Hou - Leah