Interlaken Inn Reviews

Interlaken Inn 5
Interlaken Inn 6
Interlaken Inn 7

Jessica Gorman · Married on 12/01/2018

Everyone should get married here!!

My husband and I were looking for the perfect venue to have our Irish/ Jewish wedding that would accommodate out of town guests and allow us to party into the wee hours of the night. I can’t even begin to say how amazing interlaken was. The place is beautiful and I have never in my life met a friendlier staff willing to go above and beyond down to the smallest detail. The chef is superb and everyone is still talking about the food. Thank you so much to the entire team at Interlaken. Everyone should get married there!!!

Christopher Morse · Married on 09/22/2018

Amazing Experience

We got married at Interlaken 9/22/18 and I’d be hard pressed to find something negative to say. From the venue shopping process all the way through the wedding it was a great experience.

We first met with Michelle back in 2016 and found her to be a breath of fresh air after having met with many venues prior. Other venues had literally pushed me to the side (the groom) to speak to my then fiancée saying “Brides love our view over here…brides favorite thing is this photo spot..etc.” – we didn’t experience this with Michelle and Interlaken – we were treated as equals who are (shockingly!) both involved in the wedding planning process.

Yes Michelle and her staff are running a business, but we found everyone to be a truly kind person who genuinely care – which really meant a lot.

We knew on the drive home from the first drive home from Interlaken that it was the correct venue for us. Beautiful, unique, serene lakeside ceremony with the perfect blend of indoor/outdoor (permanent, nice tent) reception, with the entire venue itself having the perfect blend of modern/funky yet rustic woodsy feel that was right up our alley. This combined from the positive feeling we felt in speaking with Michelle confirmed right then and there this was where we wanted to get married.

Interlaken certainly isn’t inexpensive, but we did find it be pretty reasonably priced for what you get and relative to some other quotes we received. Also a heads up for those that are looking for that (mostly)outdoor/tent wedding…most places we found that have this – they are just renting you a piece of land and do very little else. The tent, the catering…everything needs to be done by an outside contractor which always adds up to be more expensive. Interlaken was perfect because everything is included. We just hired photographers, a florist, and a DJ and everything else was taken care of…including the food which is absolutely amazing. When we had our tasting we were blown away at the quality of the food and still a little skeptical that the quality would be the same on the wedding day for 150 guests, but it was just as delicious – truly unique to find real quality, fresh food at a wedding, nevermind that it ends up being more reasonably priced than other venue’s outside catering that come in and reheat some mediocre food.

We really can’t recommend Interlaken enough and encourage any couples reading this to go meet with the nice people, view the beautiful lakeside ceremony spot, the fun, upscale indoor/outdoor tent reception, taste the delicious food and decide for yourself!

Britton · Married on 06/30/2018

We had such a wonderful experience with the team at Interlaken! They were very helpful during the planning process and leading up to the big day. Our wedding was a full weekend of events hosted at Interlaken and we are so happy we chose this spot!

Interlaken Inn 10
    Interlaken Inn 18
    Interlaken Inn 19
  • Summer

Summer · Married on 05/27/2018

Theres a character limit here, so heres my shortened review. My wife and myself are from Long Island and had a 165 guest wedding with mostly long islanders. There were hiccups along the way, but PLEASE if you are reading this, PLEASE note I am leaving a 5 star review, so read to the end, we LOVE this place! The hotel booking for our guests at first was very stressful when we learned that our room block was going to be released to the general public a whole SIX MONTHS before our wedding. Good luck trying to get all of your wedding guests to book that far in advance. BUT ultimately the Interlaken was willing to work with us on that when we told them 6 months out that we still had about 90 guests that didn't book. Kudos to their flexibility and understanding on that, we got everybody rooms . We then ran into an issue with the food. Our tasting was nothing short of concerning and just plain bad. Having frequented their on site restaurant "Morgans" many times, and even having been told the catering food was the same quality as the restaurant food, we weren't even stressed about having a tasting, but man am i glad we did. We had a long chat with the staff and their then chef about the food, and ultimately they ended up hiring a brand new executive chef that very month after our tasting (wow), and our guests (now weeks after our wedding) have not stopped absolutely raving about the food!! The Interlaken's grounds, flexibility, willingness to please, the new food, the fact that your guests can all stay right there on site, EVERYTHING was incredible. Yes there were some issues along the way, but the fact that the problems were seen, and handled in a timely manner shows they care and understand. Our wedding coordinator Victoria was the best and pulled strings for us any time she could, The new Chefs are INCREDIBLE, and all of our guests can not stop saying "Best wedding ever!!" and "Where did you find this gorgeous place!!" We are so happy, 10 out of 10, would do it again!

Interlaken Inn 20
    Interlaken Inn 21
    Interlaken Inn 22
    Interlaken Inn 23
    Interlaken Inn 24
    Interlaken Inn 25

Natalie · Married on 10/07/2017

(Photos by Eric Limon) The Interlaken was perfect. Tiffany was great -- very willing to field all of our questions and was attentive to our concerns. When we met with her on the Friday before, we passed off all of our decorations, favors, etc. and didn't have to worry about them at all. She was the point person with all the vendors and no one contacted me or my husband the day of. Tiffany was air-traffic controller for the rehearsal and real ceremony.

We wanted to have a full weekend celebration. On Friday night, we had the Fiesta package Welcome Dinner. The food was incredible. Our guests went up for seconds and thirds. Then, we had the bonfire by the lake. The set up was cute.

Saturday, my husband set up games around the grounds. I got ready in the penthouse which was beautiful & huge. At the ceremony, everything was perfect. We asked for our specialty cocktail to be served before the ceremony and Tiffany got it done. While we took pics, she brought us appetizers.

The cocktail hour and reception were perfectly set up. The appetizers came around plentifully. The oyster station was refilled at least four times. There were enough high and regular tables at the cocktail hour that no one had to struggle with food and drink. We wanted a particular schedule for dinner to maximize dancing and Tiffany completely accommodated. She handled allergies with ease. Our guests loved the food. Some said the lobster bisque was the best they ever had. Others said the same about the duck. I know many guests tried all three types of pies at our dessert station.

Also, the bartenders gave generous pours and guests appreciated it. After the reception, Tiffany packed up our special items quickly. There was no confusion at the end about our sentimental stuff or our anniversary cake. Tiffany managed the afterparty and was willing to keep our desserts out longer so guests could snack.

I can't say enough. I wish it was our wedding weekend again.

Interlaken Inn 26
    Interlaken Inn 32
    Interlaken Inn 33
  • User75482

Heather · Married on 06/09/2017

Beyond perfection in every way! My husband and I planned a very intimate destination wedding at the Lakeside Cottage. The property was so serene and secluded. It felt like a true country escape but with upscale amenities. The cottage was clean, cute, well-decorated, and stocked with little creature comforts. Interlaken Inn’s customer service is some of the best I have experienced in any of my travels. Since this was a destination wedding, it was very important that we had help planning from a distance. Michelle was so responsive and helped us plan every step of the way to make sure that our fantasy became a reality. She was personally invested in our day and genuinely cared about making it magical, down to the very last detail. I’d go so far as to say she was more enthusiastic and helpful than even a Maid of Honor! The Interlaken Inn makes every effort to create a custom and memorable experience for each of its guests. The attention to detail is remarkable and everything possible is done to make you feel special.

The catering and onsite restaurant, Morgan’s, are astounding. The presentation of the food is more than Instagram worthy. It looks ripped from the pages of Saveur Magazine. The preparation would impress even the harshest food critic. The farm to table experience can be appreciated with every bite, as the freshness and quality ingredients distinguish it from the average wedding fare. I promise that once you have your wedding at the Interlaken Inn, you will want to come back for every anniversary. I know we do!

Claire · Married on 12/05/2015

I can not say enough about the Interlaken Inn and what a wonderful wedding we had. Any time I had any request they were eager to meet it. Stephanie in particular really made my whole experience from deciding on the venue to tastings to the rehearsal and wedding such a breeze. I had a winter wedding and it was just beautiful. I loved that all my guests were in the same place and they loved it as well. It felt like the whole resort was dedicated to us and I relive the moment over and over again. My husband and I have already gone back twice just because we love it so much and love reliving the day.

Emily · Married on 07/18/2015

Interlaken Inn, is an absolutely perfect place to get married! When my husband and I got engaged one of the goals we had was to try to have a "Wedding Weekend" so that we would have ample time to get to see and celebrate with our family and friends all in one place!

We were able to have a beautiful welcome dinner onsite so that when the guest following the dinner we had a BEAUTIFUL lakeside bonfire! On Saturday, everyone was able to enjoy all the amenities of Interlaken!

As for the wedding itself, it was all perfect! One of the things that is a little scary for a bride and groom who choose to have an outdoor wedding is what if the weather doesn't hold out? Stephanie and the staff at Interlaken have various rain plans which we ended up partially using, however you wouldn't have even known that it was the rain plan because it went so smoothly!

As for the food at the venue, Brandon and the staff absolutely knocked it out of the park, they did our welcome dinner, lunch on Saturday, Reception, After Party Food and Goodbye Brunch and it was ALL phenomenal. Multiple people said the filet mignon at the reception was the best they have every had! Additionally, all of the meals are farm to table in a super unpretentious way - which we loved! They source everything locally and it really shines through with the quality of their food.

As for Stephanie, our wedding coordinator at Interlaken Inn - she was absolute perfection in every way and had everything completely under control. Even if you are a relaxed bride weddings end up being a stressful but fun event and Stephanie put me completely at ease. She has a ton of experience with weddings so listen to her advice she knows what she is talking about! She has excellent recommendations for vendors as well which was very helpful! She was so easy to work with through out the entire process and is a true professional and just a really lovely person in general!

We had our wedding at Lion Rock Farm in June 2015 and used the Interlaken Inn as our caterer for our reception and our main hotel block for our guests to stay. Stephanie and Brandon were with us during the entire planning process and went above and beyond. They worked tirelessly to answer every question that we had and customized every detail of our weekend to make it special. The food was AMAZING and our guests are still talking about it months later. We also had a bonfire Friday night after our rehearsal dinner which our guests LOVED and had the most delicious Sunday brunch at the Interlaken as well. We still can't get over the service, friendliness, professionalism, and kindness we received from everyone at the Interlaken. We can't recommend them enough!

bobbie · Married on 04/11/2015

I had the perfect weekend here for my wedding. Stephanie was amazig. Our bartender was so fast, our friends and family were really happy with him! The venue was beautiful, and the food was amazing! Perfect wedding

Interlaken provided the perfect setting for our intimate wedding weekend. We wanted to bring together our families and closest friends for a weekend of outdoor adventure, good food and comfortable accommodations and Interlaken made all of that possible, from it's unique "campus" feel with a variety of room types, a game room for kids, the lake and tennis courts, etc. Their wedding coordinator and head chef are fantastic to work with and make all the stages of planning easy - they make the wedding weekend itself very stress-free too! I highly recommend this location for a whole weekend gathering and it makes planning easy with all food taken care of on sight (plus there are excellent vendors in the area for music, photography, etc.).

• Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 10/11/2014

Amazing experience! Staff is friendly and more than helpful! I would recommend Interlaken to anyone! Perfect place for a wedding! Food is excellent! Service was excellent! Could not ask for anything better!

Could not be happier such a perfect venue and lovely team to work with- wonderful service and my guests could not stop raving about everything.

Kimberly · Married on 07/19/2014

We hosted our July wedding weekend at Interlaken Inn. The entire experience, from beginning planning to Sunday brunch end, was excellent. The wedding coordinator, Stephanie Holst-Grubbe, is fantastic. She is easy to work with, has great attention to detail, is a problem solver and doesn't seem to be shocked or rattled by anything. On the day of, I literally did not worry about a thing. She took care of things I hadn't even thought to mention (including a last minute guest). Steph alone is reason enough to get married here, but I will go on-

The Inn has 80+ rooms, which was perfect to house our 175 guests. There were several types to choose from, our favs being the detached Woodside suites (pet friendly), townhouses (affordable option for large families & groups of friends) and traditional main building rooms.

The reception tent is beautiful, with permanent flooring, roll up sides (so workable in hot or cold weather), and attached to a permanent building with bathrooms and game rooms.

The welcome bbq, cocktail, reception & brunch food was all delicious. Brandon is very skilled and also very flexible. We requested a midnight taco bar at our after party and boy did he deliver! The number of options is almost overwhelming.

Interlaken makes planning a unique wedding weekend very easy. We had a welcome bbq, followed by a lakeside bonfire on Friday night. There were tons of available pre-ceremony activities on Sat. (kayaking, swimming, volleyball, hiking, etc.) We held a post-reception after party at the hotel bar/restaurant, Morgan's. We finished everything off with a Sunday morning buffet brunch. Pricing is broken down into various packages for each event, and is easy to follow. The bill can be split up however the bride and groom like.

The staff was incredibly kind and very tolerant of our sometimes boisterous guests. We took the place over with lawn games and group sing-alongs, and no one batted an eye. Our guests RAVED about this place.

Jen · Married on 10/13/2013

My husband and I got married here on 10/13/13. We had the most amazing time ever, largely in part to the event coordinators Stephanie and Brandon. They were extremely helpful throughout the process and made everything stress-free. On the day of the event everything went seamlessly. It is a truly beautiful property and the people there make it even more perfect. I would HIGHLY recommend this place for your wedding or event. The food is also fantastic!

Brian · Married on 08/17/2013

The Interlaken Inn was the perfect spot for our nearby New York City destination wedding. Stephanie was very helpful and responsive throughout the wedding planning process. She certainly made it seem like our wedding was her main focus of the summer. Amazingly, she was even able to accomplish some special requests I didn't think were possible. We looked at 20+ venues from Montauk, to the North Fork to the Hudson River Valley and are extremely happy we settled on the Interlaken. Our guests had so much fun all weekend utilizing all the amenities of the hotel. Brandon and the catering department do an amazing job with all the food as well. The Friday night BBQ was delicious and very reasonably priced. We had a bonfire Friday night by the lake which all our guests enjoyed as well. Saturday people spent the day playing soccer, tennis, basketball, volleyball, canoeing in the lake, relaxing by the pool, taking hikes nearby, going on bike rides and checking out the nearby towns. The ceremony on Saturday down by the lake was perfect, which was followed by an equally amazing cocktail hour and reception. The tented reception was just amazing. We had a 10-piece band and the acoustics and temperature under the tent was perfect to create just the right atmosphere. We had an after-party onsite at the bar with some great appetizers to end a great day. On Sunday, we hosted a brunch down on the lawn which was a great way to end the perfect wedding weekend. Everything went so smoothly - the Interlaken is truly the perfect one-stop location for all your wedding needs if you are looking for a spot within a couple hours of NYC. The rooms and amenities onsite are great to make sure all your friends and family have the perfect weekend. All throughout the wedding weekend, Stephanie, as well as the rest of the hotel staff, were there to help us and the event along and make everything perfect. Thanks!!!

We had our rehearsal dinner, ceremony and reception at the Interlaken Inn and could not be happier with the outcome. It's hard to say that anything is perfect but it honestly felt like a perfect weekend. The weather was great which certainly helped, as most of our guests spent the whole weekend with us and were able to enjoy all the amenities of the inn. They spent time poolside, golfed, and hung out by the lake when not involved in wedding stuff. Friday evening we kicked things off with a fun and relaxed bonfire. Saturday we had a beautiful lakeside ceremony followed by cocktails in the garden and a super fun reception in the tented pavilion. We were even able to use the on site restaurant and bar for our after party at no additional cost. Our guests were very happy and obviously having a great time all weekend. Many even commented to us about how great the service was both in the hotel and at the reception. Personally, we were thrilled to work with Stephanie Holst-Grubbe, the wedding coordinator as well as Brandon Scimeca the head chef. Both were great to work with- professional and flexible, Stephanie took care of all the little details and was on top of things from start to finish. She was easy to work with and very helpful. Brandon worked with us as well to create the perfect menu and the food turned out delicious. They both balanced being professional and detail oriented with being fun and relaxed which was just what we were looking for. And the end product was a weekend and a wedding that was beautiful and classy but still fun and laid back. If you have a fun loving bunch of friends and family who have high standards but still love to party, eat good food and enjoy the outdoors this is the place for you. We were 100% satisfied.

theresa · Married on 09/15/2012

The Interlaken Inn went above and beyond in fulfilling each of our needs and desires. Stephanie specifically responded to all of our requests without a bat of an eyelash. Her communication never faltered and her positivity always shone thru. Brandon too helped make our experience perfect. It will forever be remembered by our guests and us as pure perfection.

Beth · Married on 05/15/2010

I cannot say enough about this venue! Everyone is still saying it was the best wedding ever. The food is to DIE for, the location is stunning and the staff were friends by the time we left.

Karen · Married on 05/16/2009

We cannot say enough good things about Interlaken or Brandon, who took care of virtually everything from start to finish. The location was beautiful; we had an outdoor ceremony and fantastic photos, and everyone raved about the facility and the food. We all made a whole wedding out of it with a lakeside bonfire after the rehearsal dinner, and free reign of the game room and reception site after the reception when our 2nd bonfire got rained out. If we had to do it all again, I wouldn't change a thing.

Adam · Married on 11/04/2017

We had the best wedding we could have imagined at Interlaken. The beautiful property was such an idyllic backdrop and the tent where we had the reception looked gorgeous at night. All the people on the staff went above and beyond to accommodate us - and Tiffany, our event coordinator, made the process so easy and seamless, and orchestrated the evening flawlessly. Many of our guests commented on the high quality of the food and we agree; there was a wide selection of delicious appetizers, which were served generously, and each course was perfectly timed and perfectly prepared. The friendly bartenders took care of us all night - with no waiting for drinks - including at the after-party. The Basha cottage where we stayed was incredible: comfortable and fully equipped with everything we could want. The rooms seemed a little pricey, though perfectly comfortable and renovated, and the convenience of having the rooms on the same property as the event space could not be beat. We are not planning to have a wedding ever again, but if we did, we would do it at The Interlaken!

Jacob · Married on 09/27/2014

When we decided to have an opulent fall wedding in the Litchfield/Columbia County area we knew there was no better option than Interlaken Inn. The ceremony down by the lake was serene, private and beautiful. The trees were just starting to change color around us and we got a perfect sunny warm autumn day. The inn allows for plenty of guests, which is unusual for the area, so we were able to keep everything (rehearsal dinner, ceremony, wedding party prep, reception etc.) on their property where most guests stayed. The food, prepared by their head chef Brandon and his staff was beyond impressive. He listened to our requests to add cultural themes from each of our backgrounds, worked it into the menu options and executed flawlessly. Our guests raved about the food (and the portions), something many of us have experienced in the past as a letdown at a wedding. The on-site coordinator Stephanie was also incredibly flexible and helpful, and went out of her way to answer our 1 million questions and asks. Her and her staff made sure every detail was perfect even though we skipped a florist and needed her team to do the majority of the cocktail hour and reception set-up. We would also highly recommend the penthouse honeymoon suite. It's huge, brand new, and made our 3 night stay feel like a luxury vacation.

anastasia · Married on 10/20/2018

Autumn wedding 2018

The magical experience with Interlaken had started even before we got there. We had our wedding weekend in October - right in the middle of the fall foliage season. Our family and guests drove from all over the Northeast. Regardless of the road they took, their drive was very scenic..
    Interlaken is such a charming venue. Compact yet very diverse in accommodation and entertainment options - from lakefront with its warm and cozy bonfire to sports amenities to billiard & table tennis, which were very much appreciated by our guests during the afterparty.

As for food, we did outside catering (as it was an Indian wedding), but I had a chance to have lunch at Interlaken - the fish and chips were the best I’ve ever had!

Interlaken staff deserve a separate section. I wish I knew all the names of those guys that were there for us during these 3 days. We all were treated as if we were the most important guests. And it felt absolutely genuine. Mark was such a big help and Michelle was simply amazing - very professional, straight to the point and accommodating at the same time. Even some very specific needs were met. We loved working with her!

We wish Michelle and her team all the best with her amazing venue!

Vishal and Anastasia

Interlaken Inn 34

amy · Married on 07/28/2017

Where do I begin! Interlaken is a breathtaking venue. Dozens of our guests commented on how beautiful the scenery was and asked how we ever found such an amazing location. We search for a long time for the perfect outdoor setting and this was certainly it. The lake, the views, the tent all made it the perfect spot and a great value. Initially we planned for a smaller wedding (75ppl) so Interlaken offered us what I believe is conference room for the reception... which is terribly underwhelming after seeing their permanent tent off the garden! The tent is generally reserved for parties of 100+ people, which we just hit in the end and I would've definitely paid for the extra slots if we hadn't because it's beautiful and well worth it. We had a Friday evening wedding and they kindly applied their existing Sunday package which was great for our budget. We were sold on this venue after seeing the property but made the 1.5 hour drive because of their mostly all inclusive packages, table settings, chairs, full bar, catering, all included which is hard to find when you're looking at outdoor locations.
    Along the way we had a few bumps in the road in communicating with the wedding team, all of which were ironed out without any lasting issues but I will say in the midst of planning it did add to the stress. Overall the wedding team was flexible and our night went off without a hitch! Someone of our guests were a little less than pleased with the Inn staff while booking rooms, checking in/out, etc. but again, nothing major, it would've been nice it the Inn staff was a tad more flexible/accommodating to the group.
    The night of everything was perfect and more than we could've asked for, our coordinator took care of all the setting up, we didn't see it until we walked into the reception and I was blown away. At the end of the night everything was packed up for us, we didn't have to worry about anything but securing our gifts.