The Inn on Broadway Reviews

The Inn on Broadway 6
The Inn on Broadway 7
  • W

Wanda · Married on 01/19/2019

I made the right choice with the Inn on Broadway.

Sara and the entire team at the Inn on Broadway were wonderful. Even with our wedding taking place during a snowstorm, staff were attentive, kind and made it a lovely event for our guests. Easy and responsive communication with Sara and her eye for how to make things look beautiful were highlights. Everyone commented on how lovely the space was and the food was a huge hit.

Sent on 03/03/2019

Emily · Married on 11/03/2018

Wedding 11/3/18

The Inn on Broadway was the most ideal location for my wedding ceremony and reception!! It’s gorgeous and I could immediately see marrying my husband in the ballroom in front of the fireplace. The classy, vintage feel isn’t just an esthetic choice. It’s a beautiful old historical building! It was so nice to have the ceremony and reception all in one place! The suite you get at the inn when booking your wedding is amazing and so convenient! Price is on par, if not less than, with many of the nicest venues in Rochester. There are so many picture opportunities there too! the food is to die for! Everyone raved about it. Lynn did a great job on our dessert table, as well!! But the real gem of this place is Sara the event planner. She immediately made me feel so comfortable and calm. She’s so experienced and went above and beyond for us!! I truly couldn’t have made it through the wedding planning process without her! The staff delivered my dream wedding and did it in the sweetest way. I can’t express my thanks enough!

Sent on 12/31/2018

The Inn on Broadway's reply:

Emily :)
    Thank you so very much for your kind words! As one of my first weddings that I booked when I started here you were a very calm and wonderful bride to work along side of and help on her day! Thank you for letting me be a part of your day and please come back and visit us!
    See you soon, Sara

Alexis · Married on 08/05/2017

Our wedding reception at the Inn on Broadway was absolute perfection! Alyssa and Jessica went above and beyond throughout our entire planning process. The food was amazing and the night was perfect. Our guests loved the food and enjoyed their stay at the hotel. We would highly recommend this amazing venue!

Sent on 08/19/2017
  • Amy

Amy · Married on 12/16/2016

Hands down, the best venue for a wedding reception or any type of celebration! From the beautiful chandeliers, to the intricate murals on the wall, everything about the ballroom is simply breath taking! The Staff are all accommodating and give the best service making you feel like a king or queen on your special day! Jessica and Alyssa Klein, the wedding coordinators, take care of every detail leaving you to the fun part of planning! Right down to the very moment before the entrance, they were helping to bustle my dress for the entrance! They are simply an amazing team and a huge asset to the Inn on Broadway staff! All Inn on Broadway staff were amazing during our weekend stay, from the front desk clerk to bartenders and kitchen staff! Highly recommend for your wedding reception and/or ceremony site!!

Sent on 02/14/2017
  • Taylor

Taylor · Married on 09/30/2016

I cannot say enough good about The Inn on Broadway, as well as Alyssa and Jessica. Because of Alyssa and Jessica, we had our dream wedding and the entire night went ridiculously smooth. From the very beginning at our first appointment, Alyssa was organized and knowledgeable. She was ALWAYS accessible and answered every question I had quickly and comprehensively. For each table we had for our wedding, the centerpieces were all different- I can't even describe what a wonderful job Alyssa and Jessica did. Every table was stunning; guests are still commenting to me about them! Alyssa made sure everything was on time and running smoothly and she often checked on us throughout the night to make sure we were ok. The venue itself is absolutely stunning; and at the end of the night, we came back to our room to find leftovers wrapped neatly and waiting for us since she knew we hadn't been able to eat much. I cannot recommend this venue enough; if you are lucky enough to work with Alyssa and Jessica, you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 10/13/2016

Amaryllis · Married on 09/24/2016

We were so incredibly happy with our wedding and stay at Inn on Broadway. The dessert was incredible, and Alyssa and Jessica were so wonderful and incredibly helpful with everything and helped us stay organized throughout the evening. When we told them we wanted end of the night garbage plates, they made it happen and they were delicious! Our event looked timeless and romantic as we had hoped and dreamed it would. Our complimentary room was beautiful. They saved our meals and dessert and brought it up to the fridge in our room! All around 5 star for sure!

Sent on 10/01/2016

Heather · Married on 09/17/2016

We loved the Inn on Broadway! We couldn't have asked for a better group of people to work with. Alyssa was amazing throughout the whole planning process and was her and her team did an amazing job of running the reception. They were nothing but professional, responsive, and accommodating. We could have not asked for a better venue to hold our reception!

Sent on 09/18/2016

Julie · Married on 09/10/2016

It is truly bittersweet for me to write this review. While it means that I can now reflect on and share what an amazing experience we had with the Inn, it also cues the reality that my time working with Alyssa and Jessica has come to an end.

Let me first note that my family and I cannot say enough good things about this venue. When searching for a location for the reception we had extremely high expectations. My husband and I live in NYC and knew that we wanted something fabulous and of Manhattan standards for our wedding in Rochester. The Inn is just that. It exudes a vintage, classical, romantic feel, and provides an intimate and warm setting for what will be the most special day of your lives. There is absolutely nothing like it in the area. Friends and family raved about the unique and adorably decorated hotel rooms and thanked us for the convenience that having a reception in the same venue provided. We loved the historic feel but appreciated that everything was in tiptop shape for us and our guests.

Now let me get to what really drove me to write this review. Alyssa and Jessica are absolute angels and beyond wonderful to work with. I just checked and we have exchanged over 115 emails since I first inquired about availability. These ladies are beyond responsive and accommodating. No question was too silly and no request too outrageous. Being an out-of-town bride I was worried that coordinating with my contacts at the venue would be difficult but instead, communicating with A&J was usually the highlight and easiest part of my day. These women are professional, experienced and ensured that every wish of mine was not only granted but executed flawlessly. I couldn't have asked for a better duo to work with - I will forever appreciate the time, dedication and love they put into making my dream wedding come true.

Don't think twice - visit the Inn, meet Alyssa and Jessica, there's no way you won't agree with my sentiments.

Sent on 09/29/2016

Natalie · Married on 08/19/2016

Thank you to Alyssa and Jessica and the whole staff for everything you guys did to make our wedding unforgettable. The staff was so professional and accommodating and we really appreciate it. The way they set the room was better than I could have ever imagined, and they did everything possible to alleviate my stress in the months leading up to wedding and during the day of the wedding. There aren't enough words to express our gratitude and appreciation for EVERYTHING they did. The ballroom was breathtaking, and the food and service was impeccable. They really do go above and beyond to make the day as memorable and stress-free as possible. They set up the reception hall and break it down, used my decorations to decorate the ballroom exactly how I had imagined, if not better. We highly recommend them!

Sent on 01/17/2017

Amy · Married on 07/30/2016

The Inn on Broadway is a truly special place downtown. My husband and I love downtown Rochester and as soon as we were engaged we immediately made an appointment to checkout The Inn on Broadway. We fell in love with the gorgeous ballroom and clicked with Alyssa right off the bat. We knew we didn't need to look any further and booked it for our reception. We can't say enough about how excellent Alyssa was to work with. She is full of energy and highly organized. Throughout the whole planning process she was always available to answer any of our questions. It was so helpful that Alyssa was with us throughout the entire process including our wedding day. At our final appointment the week of our wedding we finalized the timeline of our wedding reception and reviewed all the items we brought in for our reception. Alyssa and her team displayed everything beautifully!
    Our wedding day was spectacular! Our guests are still commenting about the food and ballroom. The food was absolutely spectacular!! My husband and I appreciated that a variety of the hor d'oeuvres we ordered were kept warm at our sweetheart table for us to enjoy during dinner. They were also impressed with the complimentary valet parking. All of the staff is extremely accomdating. Even though we were able to pick three entrees, Alyssa also let us offer a chef's choice vegetarian option for two of our guests. She also set up the dessert room with dinner for our vendors. They were all highly impressed with their meals. After our reception Alyssa and her staff carefully packed up all of the items we brought in along with our left over cake and pastries. When my husband and I got to our complementary bridal suite, the staff had the fridge stocked with leftover goodies from our reception along with a bottle of champagne and our toasting glasses. We highly recommend booking the Inn on Broadway!

Sent on 08/21/2016

Kelly · Married on 02/20/2016

Alyssa and Jessica were great. Very professional, accommodating and flexible.

I felt like at *other venues* the people we met with tended to make a "big deal" out of many things like: who will put up the decorations, who will take them down by a certain time, what minimum amount you are spending, fee for bringing in outside desserts, charging a ridiculous amount of money to cut a wedding cake, table cloths, napkins, china, 20% gratuity on TOP of 20% service fees, etc. Inn on Broadway was by far the best vendor we spoke to regarding these things. They don't charge you to cut a wedding cake, they meet with you before the wedding and thoroughly go through all your décor and wishes regarding it's set up and take down (they handle ALL of the set up and pack everything up for you when done). They let us bring in any outside desserts we wanted (as long as they came from someone with a bakery license) and didn't charge us anything to display and serve these desserts. The service fee of 20% (or whatever it was) covers the staff's wages-- etc. They put out tip jars at the bar and if you want to give more you can (which we did give a tip to our personal server)-- but this is not expected.

They were flexible with bar packages and didn't charge us for a few special meal requests (we had 3 special requests).

Regarding responsiveness--- Alyssa (our coordinator) was appropriately responsive throughout the planning process and 100% present on the wedding day. I'd say that she generally responded within 24-48 hours. She runs the overwhelming majority of the events there-- and let me tell you--- she was present for the entire wedding and worked very hard-- I am sure she got the Inn well before noon on our wedding day and she stayed past 11PM. I never felt like I couldn't find her. (This would make sense why it takes it her a little longer to get back to emails for events that are weeks or months away). I'm so glad we went here. Our wedding was beautiful.

Sent on 03/10/2016

The Inn on Broadway was literally a dream. From day one, the coordinator team they had was incredibly helpful, responsive, and went out of their way to help us design and plan our day. The food and drink was incredible, and you can't put a price on the boutique aesthetic and beauty of the ballroom. We had to stretch our budget to afford everything, but the money we spent for our reception at the Inn was worth every penny.

Sent on 01/19/2016

Jana · Married on 08/29/2015

Our experience with the Inn on Broadway was nothing short of extraordinary. Jessica and Alyssa were so easy to work with and responsive throughout the entire planning process. I also really appreciated that they were present during our wedding to act as day-of-coordinators. It really alleviated the need to hire an outside company! They also offered to coordinate any rentals with outside vendors and worked with our bakery to arrange set-up and tear down of our desserts. On top of all of that, the honeymoon suite is absolutely amazing and we have not stopped hearing from our guests about how good the food was! All in all I would definitely recommend the Inn to anyone looking to have an intimate, elegant wedding in downtown Rochester.

Sent on 09/24/2015

The food at Tournedos was amazing! Alyssa helped us plan our rehearsal dinner and it was everything we could have hoped for. We had some dietary restrictions and the chef was able to accommodate all of our special requests without hesitation. We ended up having our dinner in the wine cellar which was beautiful and fit our 17 guests perfectly. I would recommend Tournedos for date night, family night, or a larger event. We will definitely return in the future.

Sent on 08/04/2015

Abbey · Married on 01/17/2015

I had my reception at the Inn on Broadway in January and EVERY part of the Inn and reception was perfect. Jessica (the coordinator) made me feel so at ease and comfortable. She helped guide me through the entire wedding planning process, from the timeline to the little details, and took so much off my shoulders. The fireplaces were lit and the Inn felt so cozy. The wait staff was phenomenal and made sure all of the older guests were well taken care of and constantly checking in on them (and my husband and myself). The food was AMAZING and we have gotten so many compliments about the Inn and the food. The ballroom is so classic and elegant with the huge chandeliers and murals throughout. It was so great having a separate buffet and dessert room so the tables and buffet weren't being set up and broken down in front of the guests. The complimentary bridal suite was beyond perfect. I reserved the suite the night before to get ready in and it was so spacious for myself, mom, four bridesmaids and my photographer. After the reception, my husband and I walked into our suite with the fire place lit, all gifts and cards brought up by Jessica, dinner and cake leftovers in the fridge and a bottle of champagne chilling with our toasting flutes. I cannot even begin to express how thankful I am for Jessica and the Inn on Broadway for making my wedding a perfect dream come true. I will always recommend them, especially for a winter wedding!

Sent on 02/05/2015

Mike · Married on 07/12/2014

The Inn on Broadway was amazing. We looked at a number of places for our wedding, but the Inn on Broadway was perfect. Jessica was amazing. She helped us through every step of the process, and took so much off our shoulders. We were out of towners and she always accommodated our schedules. We knew we were in good hands, and sure enough the wedding went off perfectly. Jessica was fantastic, the food was amazing, the staff was wonderful. We couldn't have asked for more. Thank you so much Jessica and Inn on Broadway.

Sent on 09/28/2014

Tory · Married on 05/31/2014

Our experience at the Inn on Broadway was phenomenal. We instantly fell in love with the elegant charm and character of the place, and the services we received were outstanding. Working with Jessica was a blast - instantly after meeting her, I felt completely at ease and trusted that she would help us have an incredible reception. I was so impressed with her professionalism and dedication to our individual needs. She patiently responded to my emails (which were extremely detailed) and addressed every single inquiry that I had, without making me feel like I was burdening her. Jessica was so organized and meticulous, and the reception was exactly how we wanted it - but way better! The staff is incredible as well, and the complimentary bridal suite (stocked with our leftovers, cake, and champagne) was so thoughtful and a wonderful end to our day. We will definitely be returning to stay at the hotel on a future anniversary to reminisce about our fabulous wedding day!!

Sent on 08/23/2014

Joe · Married on 10/26/2013

This place was awesome. They exceeded our expectations. We had a relatively small wedding with a little under 100 people at the reception. The event coordinator Jessica was very responsive to any question or concern we had prior to the reception date. She met with us a few times and made sure everything was great. Everyone I talked to said the food was excellent. The ballroom looked gorgeous and the dessert room was awesome. We got a free room for the night with our reception and they wrote congratulations with a bottle of champagne, in addition to having some of the cupcakes from our wedding in the fridge waiting for us, which was awesome because we didn't have time to taste them. The event coordinator was there the whole time and fixed some mistakes that I made like not including some people in the meal count. The only downside was that we had asked them to keep our small wedding cake, but they ended up cutting it and giving it away. We talked to the event coordinator and she said that they would replace it and have one sent to us. I loved this place and would recommend it in a heartbeat. The guests loved the complimentary valet too!

Sent on 11/01/2013

I have nothing but great things to say about the venue and the service during my reception held at the Inn. The food was outstanding. The service was friendly and efficient. I enjoyed working with the event coordinator as we planned the reception. He was energetic, friendly, upfront, honest and completely professional!

Sent on 01/29/2013

Words cannot even express how wonderful my wedding reception was at the Inn on Broadway. I can honestly say that I owe all of that to Ryan, the event coordinator. The inn is such a cozy venue that offers class and sophistication to your wedding day. Since my husband and I planned our wedding from out of state (we grew up in Rochester) we were constantly in touch with Ryan via e-mail. He was always available for any question or request that we had. He worked with us on creating a "signature cocktail" and kept us informed throughout the entire night on the timeline of things (when dinner was going to be served, when cake should be cut, etc.). We had a wedding planner, but did not even rely on her the night of because Ryan was on top of everything. Ryan and his team set up the reception beautifully. The food was absolutely amazing! I recommend the strip steak, salmon, and hunter's chicken.
    The Inn was able to set up a room block for our guests and offered them a discounted rate for the weekend of our wedding. We had about 25 of our guests stay overnight at the Inn and were delighted to hear that the inn offered a complimentary breakfast the next morning. It was such a nice touch to be able to see our guests the next morning for breakfast and spend time with them before they needed to catch their flights. My husband and I were given a complimentary room the night of the wedding which was absolutely beautiful. There was not a detail missed!
    We discovered the next morning that even after our reception was over, our guests headed down to the main bar in the hotel where they were able to continue the evening!
    Overall, we are both so pleased with the overall outcome and would 100% recommend the Inn on Broadway for any special occasion!

Sent on 09/27/2012

Nancy · Married on 06/16/2007

Sue, the event coordinator, was fantastic. She always got back to me very promptly, and went out of her way to be sure things were right. Both our families aren't from the area, and were visiting for the weekend, and she arranged to have a table set up in the ballroom and served coffee while we had our cake tasting. It was a wonderful opportunity for our families to share in the planning experience.. and something she really didn't have to do. Besides all that, the place is amazing, and the food was wonderful.

Sent on 09/23/2008

Jessica · Married on 12/16/2017

The Inn on Broadway was the first venue that my wife and I visited when deciding on a venue for our December 16th. 2017 wedding. We fell in love instantly and, though we viewed a few more places, no other venue was able to steal our hearts from the Inn on Broadway.

The venue itself is a beautiful boutique hotel, and although the price point is a bit higher it is well worth paying as the price includes a member from their events planning team to help everything go smoothly. The food was incredible, they worked with us on everything we needed and our guests could not stop raving about how wonderful everything was.

They did have us a little concerned a few months before the wedding as there was a shakeup in the wedding coordination team that we worried would de-rail plans, but in this industry there is never a good time for a team change and Sara did incredibly when making sure everything happened the way it was supposed to.

We were able to use the roof for pictures of the beautiful Rochester City-Snowscape, and by the end of the night, they had even made sure there was a bottle of champange and a sweet "thank you" note waiting for us in our free newlywed suite.

If you're looking to have a smaller wedding (say 100 guests, comfortably), my recommendation would be The Inn on Broadway to anyone who asked.

Sent on 04/21/2018
    The Inn on Broadway 14
    The Inn on Broadway 15
    The Inn on Broadway 16

Diana · Married on 10/26/2013

We had our wedding reception at the Inn. It surpassed our expectations and was absolutely beautiful.

Sent on 11/08/2013

Christy · Married on 09/28/2013

The inn on broadway is such a unique location. It has such character & beauty.

Sent on 10/23/2013