Indigo Photography Reviews

71 | South Lake Tahoe, CA

71 Reviews for Indigo Photography

71 Indigo Photography Reviews

Michaella · Married on 06/23/2018

Brandi and Laura are gems. We met Brandi in person prior to choosing Indigo and loved her easy-going, chill, and calm vibe. However, she also knew how to keep us all on schedule! Brandi and Laura were somehow really involved and always where they needed to be, yet we didn't notice. We felt our moments were really ours and she had a way of giving us the space but being present to capture it. We felt so comfortable with her (my husband hates taking photos) and loved having her be part of our day. She also knew the angles we needed to be at for the photos that made us look the best! Brandi also created a timeline for us that we would not have thought about and had written down each photo we wanted to capture prior to the ceremony (family photos). Hire Indigo. You will be very happy you did. On top of that, the photos are stunning. She knows all the spots in Tahoe to take the best photos. Thank you Brandi and Laura!

Sophia · Married on 06/12/2018

Brandi did a wonderful job on our wedding photos at Lake Tahoe. It was a party of 4. I would highly recommend her to anyone for any type of wedding. She has a friendly personality that is easy to work with. She helped us pick the right time to get the sunset pictures. She was there early. She went way out of her way to jump on boulders and such to get the right pictures for us. This was our first time at Lake Tahoe and she knew where to take us and get various scenes. She was willing to stay over time to get the pictures we wanted...super flexible. She provided the pictures much earlier than we expected. The pictures came out beautifully. Our friends and family enjoyed the pictures. You get only one shot to get great wedding pictures and she did it for us.

Cortney · Married on 05/12/2018

Fantastic, creative, punctual, professional, I cannot say enough about Brandi and her partner. They showed up early and took TONS of pictures. The worked with my entire bridal party and shot in the rain...and in the bar...and on the beach, to get the perfect shots. Brandi is worth every penny and I would absolutely recommend her to anyone getting married in the South Lake area!

Kelly L. · Married on 05/11/2018

Brandi was a perfect fit for what we needed. She was easy to work with and got all the photos we wanted. Great personality and sense of humor. Just a wonderful person! Photos turned out great too! Highly recommended!!

Megan · Married on 10/07/2017

Brandi and Laura did an AMAZING job with our wedding photos they never slowed down, were the nicest I've ever met and truly wanted to capture every moment!! Not once did I have to tell them what I wanted! They did it all and wanted to do more!!! I'm obsessed with our photos!!! You must book them for any event that needs photography

Joy · Married on 02/24/2017

Brandi and Laura did an amazing job capturing our wedding at Edgewood Lake Tahoe last month. I emailed Brandi about a 3 weeks prior to my wedding date. She was on vacation and still she responded to all my emails. Because we were on a budget, we hired her for only four hours of photography. We opted out on the getting ready photos because we wanted her to capture more of the wedding. On the day of the wedding, she came early to capture my getting ready photos and brought with her an assistant to help shoot and she also stayed longer than we had expected. And she delivered our photos weeks early and they were all beautiful. Brandi definitely went far and beyond what she had promised us. We are so glad we hired her. Thank you so much!

Jessie · Married on 10/23/2016

Wow, I am not really sure where to start on this one (in a good way). We hired Indigo for our wedding in South Lake Tahoe. My wife is very particular on photography and wants everything to be perfect. The photographers were extremely professional, following our requests for shoot ideas along with picture types. Although I'm not a big fan of photos, these ladies want the extra mile to make us feel comfortable for all of the photos. They also did an amazing job of capturing the big day without being a "pest".

Today, we received our photos and could not be more impressed with the picture quality and the photo backdrops. They captured moments that we will now remember forever. Some of the photos we were unaware they were taking, which make for the best pictures!

Thank you for the amazing pictures and being so friendly to work with!

Highly recommended!

Brandi and Laura have been amazing to work with!

Kathleen · Married on 06/22/2016

Brandi comes from an ethic where she does her absolute best, like a Japanese Sushi Chef. Every molecule of her being is committed to your wedding and capturing beautiful memories to last the rest of your life. She truly is an artist, and an extremely nice person to boot. We felt so lucky that we discovered her shortly before we eloped. She even helped us find a venue other than the "cheesy chapel venue" so common in Lake Tahoe.

Brandi is absolutely fantastic! She was great to work with and made the photo shoot as painless as possible. My husband and I were dreading posing for all of those photos at our wedding but Brandi made it so that we actually had fun and enjoyed the process. In addition, the final product was amazing! The photos were everything we dreamed they would be and came out stunning. I highly recommend Brandi to anyone that is looking for a photographer.

Stacey · Married on 06/18/2016

I highly recommend Indigo Photography for anyone looking for a wedding photographer! Brandi was very responsive to all messages and took the time to talk about our wedding day and exactly what my husband and I wanted. She put many of our "unknown" worries at ease, as we were traveling across the country for our wedding in Tahoe. The day of the wedding, Brandi and Laura were extremely professional. They made everyone comfortable, while at the same time knew exactly what shots they wanted to get. When we received our wedding photos (digitally and in a slideshow) I was amazed. They were/are absolutely stunning. I have received countless compliments regarding our wedding photos. Many of those comments were "I have never seen more beautiful wedding photos." I believe it is the truth. Those comments are a testament to how amazing Brandi, and Indigo Photography are!

Jessica · Married on 04/16/2016

Brandi did a wonderful job with our wedding photography at The Ridge Tahoe 4/16/16! Our pictures are absolutely magical! Everything turned out perfect for our big day. We can't wait to get all of our pictures picked out for an album.

Heather · Married on 02/06/2016

Brandi and Laura are awesome! They did such a wonderful job with our wedding. Our wedding was a destination one so everything was decided on what we found on the internet. Brandi was very helpful from day one. We got our pictures today and I can not help but keep looking at them. She also put a slideshow together with our first dance song and it brought tears to my eyes. You will not be disappointed with her.

Becky · Married on 01/02/2016

Brandi at Indigo Photography was an absolute delight to work with. I did my engagement photos while on vacation in Lake Tahoe. I reached out to a handful of photographers and she was the only one who answered me promptly every single time. She made it a priority to talk on the phone so we could make sure our styles meshed well together and I was able to get a feel for the type of work she does. The shoot was seamless and she really portrayed the love my fiance have for one another! Our pictures were fully edited and ready in less than I week. I highly recommend using Indigo Photography for any and all of your photography needs if you're in the area, her rates are more than reasonable.

Laurel · Married on 10/22/2015

I began my wedding planning journey like most brides, I looked for everything pretty, read reviews, set a budget. Then I began to get quotes and I was shocked and very saddened, as the wedding photos are immensely important and I was beginning to think I would be able to afford a quality photographer with a total wedding budget of $7500, and a budget of $1000 for a photographer. I even had photographers who, upon learning my budget, didn't even bother to email or call me back. Well that's OK, because eventually I found Brandi with Indigo Photography. Because I had such a small, intimate and laid-back wedding, I didn't need the standard wedding photo packages of 5 or 8 hours with a professional. I really only needed some pre-wedding photos, ceremony photos, formal/family photos, couples photos, cake-cutting/first dance photos, etc., which totaled only 3 hours. I loved that Brandi was able to customize a photo package to meet my needs. She was super friendly, professional and very prompt/responsive to my emails calls. I really feel like I got my money's worth. Brandi had one of her photographers, Laura, shoot my wedding. She had such an eye for lighting and finding the right shots, plus she was patient as some us were drinking and there were two kiddos under the age of 7 that were very social and wanted to help. I feel so lucky to have found Brandi and Laura because had I not, I really don't know what I would have done for wedding photos. I wouldn't have had anyone to snap those important moments and they would've been lost, because I absolutely could NOT spend any more on a photographer. Man, I cannot believe how lucky I am, thanks again ladies!!!

Victoria · Married on 07/18/2015

Brandi did a phenomenal job shooting our wedding. She was very responsive in pre-wedding correspondence, and I felt calm knowing what to expect on the wedding day. Brandi and Laura were prompt on the wedding day, and really made my husband and I feel comfortable during our preparations and first look shoots. They were thorough capturing all family combinations, and really captured some unique and wonderful looks around our venue. She got a good amount of photos of our wedding party and guests having fun, so I had a variety to choose from in creating an album. I would highly recommend her for any event, and wouldn't hesitate to have her do future shoots.

Kristina · Married on 07/11/2015

Brandi was my photographer for my engagement session and wedding in South Lake Tahoe at The Landing. She was so great to work with from the beginning and provided such great recommendations on the location, the poses, and even the timeline of our whole wedding day to accommodate all of the pictures we wanted!

Our pictures turned out AMAZING and I am so glad I chose to work with her. She was very responsive from the time we hired her to the time she delivered our final pictures and I really appreciated that. She was also always on time, if not early, with her promises to deliver the photos after both sessions.

We also got the highlight video which I totally forgot that we ordered, and it was so pretty and well put together with our personal song! A great surprise!

I am a sucker for the little details, and when we received our wedding pictures in a cute personalized photo cover flash drive case, it was such a perfect touch to the whole experience!

I do not live in Tahoe so it was a little bit of a gamble to choose all of my vendors out there, but Brandi was by far the best vendor I worked with and I would highly recommend her services.

narcisa · Married on 03/14/2015

Indigo Photography and Brandi and Laura were absolutely outstanding before and after our wedding. We love our photos and couldn't be happier!

Carole · Married on 02/15/2015

Brandi was amazing and she is a lovely person. She was so professional and so friendly and we never felt uncomfortable asking questions or having the photos taken, she made the entire process so easy. We didn't know what we were supposed to do and she very nicely suggested this pose or that location etc. and the results of the photos were fabulous. I was so excited that the turnaround time for us to receive the photos was so quick because I was so anxious to see what they turned out like, and they were truly wonderful. Brandi also put together a slide show that made me and at least 10 other women in the family cry about 1 min into in. Even a few of the guys were embarrassed that they became emotional too while watching the slide show. Thank you Brandi for giving us memories for a life time, you are a gem :-)

peni · Married on 08/22/2014

Weddings are hopefully once in a lifetime so the photographer has a tough job - to capture the important moments that we, during the ceremony, don't even realize exist. Brandi did this. She knows/knew which moments before, during and after the ceremony were the important ones and the result was absolutely awesome. Everyone is raving about my slide show set to the music of our first dance many years ago. The pictures include the most beautiful scenery in the world along with all of us who were there to share in this special time. I would highly recommend Brandi. I found her easy to work with, flexible, very nice, creative and most importantly she gave me what we wanted and more! Love love love her!!

Devin · Married on 08/16/2014

Brandi shot both our engagement and wedding photos in South Lake Tahoe and did an absolutely amazing job with both. We we really couldn't have been happier with how they turned out. She was able to capture so many wonderful moments that we will be able to cherish forever thanks to her. She was so easy to work with and flexible, even when we wanted to go to multiple locations for the engagement shoot. She knew all the best places to photograph the wedding from and gave us great direction for the bridal party and group photos. She also was able to somehow get great shots of almost all the wedding guests, which from experience with previous family weddings, is not something that all photographers do. Brandi and her team were able to capture so many wonderful moments, we can't thank them enough and if you are looking for a great wedding photographer in South Lake Tahoe look no further!

Kerry · Married on 08/01/2014

It was such a pleasure to work with Brandi and her photographer for our wedding! We just received our pictures and slideshow and they captured our wedding day beautifully! We were able to see every detail of the day, filled with love and all the emotions that came with our special day. Thank you Brandi and Indigo Photography for all the wonderful memories we will have for life!

Lyndsay · Married on 07/07/2014

I was very impressed with Brandi’s photography skills before I even had the pleasure of meeting her. She was extremely helpful over the phone with any questions and concerns that I had and her communicate was outstanding. She suggested an hour engagement session for us- after I expressed my nervousness about being in front of a camera! She put us at ease immediately and the pictures she took were fantastic. Her professional, confident, friendly personality is exactly what ANY bride needs on their wedding day! Our guests were thrilled to see the finished photos and we really enjoyed working with Brandi. She has a very relaxed approach to photography and I’m SO glad we chose Indigo Photography.

Marla · Married on 06/21/2014

Being a compulsive planner and deciding to plan our destination wedding without a wedding planner, I knew that I would spend hours searching for the perfect vendors. I looked at the website and blogs of over 10 photographers, inquired on rates and services, and stalked the entries of recent weddings. Brandi was one of my top choices, and she impressed me from day one. She provided referrals when I asked, and I was able to speak to some of her past brides (who continue to use her for newborn and family shots!). I was unable to find anything remotely negative, and knew that she would be the perfect fit. Here are a few of the reasons why Brandi was perfect on paper: Local to South Lake Tahoe, had an all day package which included a second shooter, quick turnaround time after the wedding, album design, and provided the client with all of the photo rights.

Brandi met with us around Christmas (when we were in Tahoe) to start talking details for our June wedding. She seemed very on top of everything. As the day approached, she assured me that all of the photos I wanted would be shot, and she delivered! She must have known that I'm not used to giving up control, but she did a great job taking over all of the control.

On our big day, Brandi was just absolutely perfect. I only had my MOH and my mother with me while getting ready, but nerves were high and Brandi was so calming. She would not let me worry about the time or the timeline... "that's my job" she kept telling me, which was so assuring! We had the most beautiful first look at Khale meadow and she did a wonderful job creating an intimate atmosphere for my husband and I before completely our family portraits before the wedding.

Brandi's photo timeline was 4-6 weeks, and she had all of the photos ready just in time! The photos came out so beautifully!

The pictures came out great! And they came back very quickly.